All hotels in Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Ave Kukulcan Km 19.5 Hotel Zone, Cancun, QROO, 77500, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"We did not stay there. Sold out !!!"
When we arrived, we were told the rooms were sold out and had been for some time. Either the hotel screwed up or Expedia did. Either way, I paid for a level of accomodations and service I did not recieve. Doubt I would ever go thru Expedia.com again, unless this is resolved and compensation awarded. Thsi was awful, period.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Not happy"
Was expecting more for the money spent. Will not return to this hotel.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
wv
"Nice hotel close to beach. Went alone."
I read a lot of bad reviews of this place and I didn't experience any of the thing people said but 2. If your older there are a lot of stairs to go place to place. when walking to the room I can smell a mildew odor. But the room appeared to be very clean and pleasing other than that. I would defiantly go back. I went to another Grand Oasis and I prefer Sens.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Bruce
"Nice beach for the moneywe"
We stayed at this hotel several time not bad for the money good friendly waiters and maids. Do not slam your bedroom door or you will be locked out Mexicans are a little slow at fixing things , it is an old hotel and system other that ok food not bad at all
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Monica
"Hotel in a great setting and nice environment!"
When we arrived at our room, there was no safe, hair dryer or mini fridge as promised! The safe issue was remedied with in 20 minutes. The mini bar took a day and a half before they brought one to the room. However, the hair dryer took a total of 3 days and 6 staff personnel to solve including the fifth person. Elizabeth, a supervisor. She told us on the second day that they didn't have an extra dryer and basically just to get over not having one. I didn't give up the effort. On the third day I went back to the lobby desk and asked a worker named Marco to please find us a way to get a hair dryer, as our stay was 10 nights and my wife really needed one. I told him the supervisor wouldn't help and he said don't worry and had one installed that very afternoon! Thanks Marco!!!!!!!! Our room was very clean, however, we never had any wash cloths the entire stay. on several occasions they never left us bath towels or toilet paper! :( Restaurants were absolutely outstanding. We thought the service was super there and at all the bars. All in all, even with the problems we would still recommend Oasis Sens to our friends and family as well as go back ourselves.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Hank
"This hotel was sold out when I arrived....and move"
Moved me to another hotel...it was oversold. Horrible experience
"Beach & Hotel very nice, service not-so-much"
The view was amazing & the pool and beach were very nice. The restaurants were very nice & the food was very good. It's an adult's only resort but the resorts on either side of us had familes so there were a lot of children walking by & playing on our beach. The staff was incredibly rude & everyone moved very slowly. We didn't have a fridge in our room because it was "being repaired" but they wouldn't take one out of another room that was empty so our water, pop & beer in the room was all warm.
"Worst Service Ever....Facilities not Far behind"
When we arrived to Grand Oasis Sens we were told they did not have any rooms available despite our much in advance booking!! They did not offer much condolences, they just stuffed us in a cab and transferred us to the Grand Oasis down the road. We arrived to MASS CHAOS. The staff was super unpleasant and when we arrived were told they were very short on rooms and that they did not have any oceanview rooms available despite the fact we paid an upgrade for it. They stuffed us into a TERRIBLE room that was literally falling apart. The tiles were broken on the floor, the toliet and shower leaked all over the floor, Two double beds were screwed into the wall too close to walk in between the beds, but too far to make one big bed. The phone did not work, there was no mini bar, fridge, ice bucket, cups, safe, etc. We went back to voice our complaints and were told to check the next day. Feeling defeated we waiting until the next day, only to be told the same thing again. We didn't take no for an answer and demanded to talk to the supervisors supervisor. He finally moved us to a different building with a beach view, it was a better room and we probably would have been more satisfied if originally moved to it. It was like the two buildings were completely different. Our friends had the same problem only weren't so lucky to move to a better room. The staff at this hotel with the exception of a few bar tenders were really terrible. The food was cold, the bars had no booze.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
Erin
"Careful booking"
Upon arrival after being paid in full we were told the hotel was over booked and we would be moved to another property. They really didn't care that we were upset and rolled their eyes at us. We ended up being moved to the grand oasis in to a double bed room (we booked a king). The grand oasis had good food, the service was very slow. Overall I am extremely disappointed that we anticipated going to this hotel and that they overbook a d move you and don't care. Their attitude is once you're here, what are you gonna do? We had to suck it up and deal with it, but will never go back to any grand oasis property. I thought because we booked through Expedia we would be pretty safe from this, apparently not!
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
"Beware! Always be Overbooked."
We arrived around 3pm to be told by Cristina that the resort was overbooked. She offered us an option to stay at a 5 star resort or to stay at Oasis Smart for 1 night. We chose to stay at a 5 star hotel and she supposedly looked online and said that all of the hotels in Cancun were booked. So I had no other option than to stay at Oasis smart. Once I had access to the Internet, I checked for other hotels in Cancun and I had about 20 other options. I told Cristina about it and she said that it was to late cause I agreed to stay at Oasis Smart. So she basically lied to me and sent me to one of the lowest grade hotels for the night. She pretty much gave me an attitude after I confronted her. But what could I do? I already signed and agreed to stay at Oasis Smart. We came back to the Hotel the next day and saw Cristina telling a whole line of people that the hotel was overbooked. So this seems to be a problem with this place. The overall resort is nice and most of the staff were pleasant. I just didn't appreciate being lied to and feeling like I got scammed.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Steven D.J
the staff was great but the hotel itself was horrible the restaurants did not open on time there was always a waiting line the pizza place the pizza was so bad I could not eat it I had to go downtown to get a descent meal... and for older people the place is a nightmare with all the steps either up or down the main restaurant is 3 flights of stairs down and of course then you have to back up. older people with bad knees or legs this place would be a nightmare, ill never go back or recommend it,,,,,,,
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"If you like long lines and waiting times:"
Food lines too long, aways standing in line. Too many stairs. Not enough sitting places for number of guests for the pool, beach, shows or lunches and dinners. ALWAYS WAITING IN LONG LINES!!!!!
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"Nice adults only hotel with amazing view from the"
This is our second stay at the Oasis Sens. The hotel is very pretty and they are constantly making improvements and cleaning it. The view from the pool is unmatched by the other resorts in the area. The beach is large and very nice, and they clean up the seaweed daily. The entertainment, bar, and wait staff are wonderful, especially the entertainment staff-Sabina, Tony, Karen, and Jorge! The view from our balcony room was great and the nightly shows were very entertaining from the bands by the pool, the shows in the lobby, and the shows in the Kinky nightclub. My only complaints...the wait at the restaurants is terrible. The buffet needs to be open all day. It is only open for breakfast and supper. It should be open from 6 AM-10 PM. The Happy Chicken (I think called Hippy Chick now-changed name the day we left) was at least an hour wait for chicken, burgers, hot dogs, or salad. It was ridiculous! The Italian and Mexican restaurants have awesome food, but again...the wait...terrible. There are plenty of empty tables at both, but they won't seat you and serve you. We spent our time in line instead of in the pool or our lounge chair in the sun. Speaking of lounge chairs...next complaint. There aren't enough. They could double the amount of lounge chairs on the pool deck. You have to wake up at 5 AM to put a towel on the chair. The pool is freezing too...need to heat the pool better. The food situation may be a deal breaker for us next time we go to Cancun.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Paula
"Awful"
If you are looking for a high end resort with exceptionable service, this is not the place. AWFUL, just awful ! We booked Grand Oasis Sens for a nice long relaxing week-end. Heard it was a nice place. We were booked into the Grand Oasis Sens for the all adult, all inclusive plan. We were told they were booked when we checked in and they sent us to the Oasis Cancun. The Oasis Cancun is gross. When we checked in no one explained to us where anything was or how to get to our room. We were in the 4 building, 5th floor. AC not working, room dirty and smelly, lights in the rooms equivalent to the the wattage of Christmas tree lights, no free WIFI and no free safe(safe that was there had no lock), mini bar in the room is a joke, a collage dorm like unit rusty and bent with 3 sodas and 2 beers. The hair dyer blew up and all the lights in the room went out. Had to ask for a table table lamp for light.No chairs in the room to sit on. Bed uncomfortable and pillows like rocks. Sunday 2//15 the hotel ran out of beach towels and towels for the room. We got 2 bath towels, no shower rug, no hand towels and could not get clean beach towels. Liquor is low shelf. Food is mediocre at best. The list goes on and on. My recommendation is to stay away from any of the Oasis properties. Especially, during spring breaks when the younger crowd takes over. The weather was nice and the ocean was clear and clean. However, if you didn't get up at 6am to put your precious red beach towel on a chair o
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Pleasant hotel near to the ocean."
The check in was not seamless, we had to go back three times after they told us our room would be ready, not the end of the world, but a shaky start. Since most of the rooms face the lobby, entertainment areas on one side and the pool, beach, and outdoor bar on the other side, views are nice, but noise is a real problem! I am talking about 3:00, 4:00 in the morning, bed shaking, disco music, and yelling patrons. We have been to other hotels in Cancun, all have plus and minuses. Put a restaurant, overlooking the ocean, fix the noise problem and we would have no problem recommending this hotel to anyone,including friends, as of now we won't be back.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Don
"Don't do it!!!"
VIP service nonexistent. Our tradition is a glass of champagne the moment we arrive- for the first time in ten years they claimed they had none! Knew it was gonna be bad from that moment ... The VIP lounge that I am sure many of you are familiar with had two things all week - pork rinds and white bread ,mayo,processed meat of some kind little sandwiches...no joke!!!disgusting! Only 2 choices for food if you want a late lunch/ early dinner.....one choice for breakfast - a buffet & always a line to get seated. Room service menu horrible (not included in all inclusive- always at least $15.00 ) - example , starved when we arrived and nothing open - no food to be had so ordered nachos - 15$ for that fake, thick, orange " cheese" sauce poured over chips- horrible! (0h - and thought maybe a bottle of beer to go with the nachos- No bottled beer ) Was hungry all week!!!! Just a few examples....everywhere you turned disappointment....the saving grace was gorgeous weather & big, private balcony with lounge chairs, plunge pool, & beautiful view.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"Nice hotel on the beach"
Many activites, friendly staff, beautiful pools and beach
james
"Fourth time in Mexico, first horrible experience"
What I love about Mexico is getting to rest and the friendliness of the people. From the front door, all the way to being placed in a room next to a kitchen when you heard plates and utensils banging till midnight and again at 7am was ridiculous. Staff were unfriendly, supervisor Elizabeth not helpful at all with changing our room. Food was okay, but service was bad, you have to wait forever to get your food. Honestly I am so disappointed, I wanted to rest, and all I got the last four days was a headache.
Edna
"Nice hotel, it was super close to everything!"
What I did not like is that we had to wait an hour for our room to be ready during check in.
Paola
"Quite resort"
Checked in on a Monday, stayed till Sunday, Booked this place for the price and there was no kids, lot of Europeans there, and there not very friendly at all (no offense) plenty of Canadians (super friendly) Americans, there were not many of us. my main goal was to get away and relax/chill out and do nothing, Room was on floor # 2 which was the basement, didn't really bother me someone has to stay there, Beach was right there as it is for all the hotels, there were several bars always open, drinks were weak unless you had the code word "top it off", I laughed when another guest told me that at lunch, that and a tip every time got you decent drinks, most of the staff was great, there were a few that were unfriendly, the girl on the beach was super super slow, I didn't bother with her I just went to the beach bar and got my own, she was always up there talking to the bartenders, (I felt like telling her your not going to make any money that way) Lobby Bar was a good hang out before or after dinner, bartenders up there were good, you have to understand there busy so if you have to wait, hey you have to wait your not the only one on vacation. Food...... well some of it ok (Happy Chicken was really good, there was always a long line), the rest was GROSS, ( that's why happy chicken was so crowded)Buffet for breakfast, do the live station and get freshly cooked Eggs or an omelet.I do recommend the black box for a dinning experience, your in a black box.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"It was a nice experience. Nice beach and good food"
I would go back if they have the tennis court. But it was a fairly nice resort to relax. Nice beach amenity.
Soo
To many steps Disappointed in the food Dim Lighting
"Grand Oasis Sens"
Best entertainment I have seen. Very clean resort and friendly staff.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
Julia
"spend your money elsewhere"
The check in process was terrible. One of the other couples we traveled with did not get their room the first due to " overbooking the hotel" and ended up crashing with us for the night. The front desk offered no discounts or anything to compensate!! Awful customer service.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
"A little of everything"
I have stayed at one other adult-only resort previously and felt like I was in a honeymoon only resort. Not the case at the Oasis Sens. I enjoyed the diversity of the vacation goers, but would not recommend for the more conservative crowd. The food was ok/good, there was usually a wait at most restaurants no matter the meal. I was up early each morning (6am) to reserve a pool chair as people reserved at all hours of the night/morning, which was a little annoying. Overall I had a great trip and would go back.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Caroline
"Unimpressed"
Check in was horrible. I was told hotel was overbooked and they tried to send me to Oasis Palm a total downgrade. I refused to take that transfer and after complaining and them realizing I was not accepting the transfer they got me a room. 2 hour process of checking in. No hot water in my room the entire 5 day stay. Water was warm but more on the cold side. Food was mediocre. Not much to do on the resort itself. I have been on many resorts and this was the absolute worst of my experiences. I will never book at this resort again.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
Ife
Nice hotel, great beach, away from the hustle and bustle of downtown.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"bad food,, low rate,,, cheap,,,"
The rooms don't were ok,,, had a view of ocean, but the food suck
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Oasis"
I usually review the properties I stay at as fairly as possible (based on my taste and expectations) as I find reading reviews from others can be helpful. I Just returned from 6 days at this property with my wife to celebrate her birthday. It is located about 10 minutes from the airport right at the beginning of the hotel zone so it is very convenient but not in the heart of the action if that is what you are looking for. You can get to the "hot spots" deeper in the hotel zone in about 10 minutes by bus, taxi or rental of Smart car. We did not leave the property as we have been to Cancun numerous times and were just looking to relax on the beach. The hotel is a little older but is pretty well kept. I often found maintenance doing facility upkeep of paint and other normal touch ups. There are a number of bars and restaurants that are all in the above average to good range. As others mentioned, check-in is a little tedious but not painful. A good tip to know is that the restaurants that require reservations will only let you in if you have a reservation.....we went to Sakura one night around 8:00 and there were about 10 people in there and plenty of open seats and they would not seat us as they plan food around the number of reservations (silly but their rules). The staff on property at all of the bars, restaurants and housekeeping were all very nice and accommodating. There is plenty of activities to do pool side and the nightly shows were good.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
jeff
"Not impressed"
Poor customer service. Would not take my hotels.com receipt that I had on my phone. Needed a print out. Never got any of the information as far as reservation for certain hotels etc... So we missed a lot of the shows. Food was not the greatest. I did enjoy the BLACK HOLE resteraunt showed up and someone cancelled. Would I recommend. NO not for the price too many other all inclusives that offer better service.
2 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
kathy
"Awesome views, customer service was perfect!"
We got there January 12-17 and had a wonderful time! Was treated like royalty! The view from our balcony was awesome! The moonlight restaurant was our favorite! The waiters and hostess were the best! Our bed had memory foam mattress with feather pillows!!!! We loved the visit and enjoyed the oasis!!
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
Becky
Very much enjoyed my stay. There were something's that we're annoying such as restaurants not opening on time, check in took longer than expected and my room wasn't ready until 4:30 pm the day of check in. But overall I enjoyed the people, food and facilities. I highly recommend especially for gays and lesbians.
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
It was an average place to stay. Nothing special, service the same just average. Probably would not return to this property
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Honeymoon Experiance"
The resort is beautiful and the pictures are true. We went over New Years 2015. We had some bad experiences that will keep us from coming back. We arrived to the resort in jeans and long sleeves and waited in our room for 2 hours for the bell boy to deliver our luggage so we could change and go to the pool. I had to go to the desk and grab my own luggage. Our room never got cold. We went to maintaince numerous times and they said that's how cold the room gets. If you like your room to be 80 degrees this place is for you. We the ac not working properly it made our room muggy and humid. All of our clothes were damp and we woke up in sweat every morning. Our room was broken into and somebody stole all of our cash (which we didn't use the safe) and the ATM at the resort did not work so we cound not get any cash for our drive to the airport. The door to our room did not shut tightly because you can slide a plastic card through the crack and card right in. Our toilet would make a high pitched sound all day and night and maintaince was quick to get there but did not fix it so every night I turn the water off to the toilet so we could sleep. The food was decent. Moonlights pizza was the best. The Lebanese restaurant was great and happy chicken was our go to place for lunch. just like any all inclusive resort the booze are watered down. The entertainment was fun and interesting to watch. We had a good time but wouldn't go back. The staff was friendly and spoke great English.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
Tanner
was a nice hotel with a good staff. Food was good. Everything was clean.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
roland
"Terrible"
We landed early morning, and the hotel would not allow us to check in early... This is fine as it was expected. However to wait from 7am to 3pm wasn't bad enough... Our room wasn't ready until 4:30 pm, to our surprise we were place on the lowest floor, we called it the basement! The smell was bad, the lighting was dim and we found our mattress of the bed to have this foul stench, yes it was urine!! We complained and were immediately given another room.. It looked 100 times better at a glance until we inspected further (yes my wife checks mattresses for bed bugs), we found the bed sheets to be in a used state. Although we kept our expectations low of this hotel it was hard not to be disappointed... Hygiene is controllable and we felt the hotel let this slip all the way. We had the head maid and manager change all of our bedding and towels to which we found to be somewhat comfortable for the remainder of the stay. Some of the staff here are genuine and really nice, take plenty of pesos of you want good service although as they all expect service tips. They will be dissapointed and sometimes rude if you do not tip. Coming from England we generally tip at the end of our stay, however it's 'pay as you go' here!
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Too many stars for the service and conditions"
We arrived 2:50 pm and got checked in very late - 5 pm. We paid for an ocean view room but we could see only an idea about the ocean simply looking at the other building and the pool. The rooms need remodeling, the towels and linen had dirty spots. We got disturbed in the room by somebody that unlocked the door early morning. The beach towels were not available until 11 am. Internet and wi-fi should be free for the expensive rate. As a person that has been traveling a lot this hotel is overpriced and overrated.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Dora
"Oasis Sens, PERFECT for couples!"
This hotel is absolutely amazing! We LOVED the staff they were so friendly and personable we actually developed friendships with most of the staff. The bartender in the VIP area was great we talked to him almost every night and he asked about the excursions we went on. The rest of the staff in the VIP area was wonderful as well and so helpful. We hope to go back when we can and hopefully all of the friends we made will still be there! We even made met and talked to the owner of Benasusa, the nicest restaurant there and we was so friendly. We met him several days before eating at his restaurant when we were at the Cigar Lounge and he actually remembered us by name when he saw us at his restaurant. Oh and the Cigar Lounge/Tapas Restaurant employees were amazing! We tried to stop by and visit with them every night we were there and we talked to one of the employees for hours he even tried to help teach my husband Spanish! To sum up we HIGHLY recommend this hotel and if we come back to Cancun we wouldn't be willing to stay anywhere but Oasis Sens
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Nice hotel and affordable price"
I was generally satisfied with this hotel. But some staff, especially in Sushi bar and Juice bar on the beach was so unkind that I recommend to train them again. Those persons are spoiling the good image of the hotel.
JJ
Nice hotel on the beach, restaurants good. Need to work on the times of everything. Only one place open at certain times for food. Definitely need a 24 hour snack bar that is custom with most all inclusives. The swim up bar is out of the sun so never used. Very bad design. No jucuzzi. They need music in the lobby bar and all restauarnts. Odd that they don't. Long waits at certain restauarnts. You have to pay for internet!!!!! And when you do it is terrible. Not a good connection anywhere. In saying all of this we did enjoy our stay but it has the potential of being a lot better with just a few changes.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Older hotel, starting to show its age."
Lots of activities all day long and through out the night. Nice mix of people. Spa services were excellent.
al
"Great hotel!"
All inclusive is the only way to go! Was tempted not to go out and see the sights cuz there is so much to do here! Staff was friendly and accommodating at all times. The timeshare peddlers was a little annoying, but were tolerable. Food was pretty good, but the selection got mundane after a couple of days. If you're offended with alternative lifestyles, this isn't the hotel for you.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"I would go back in a heartbeat !!!"
Sabina in the entertainment was awsome !!! Sand volleyball was a blast . Bartenders at lobby bar were great . Had a great time!
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
My wife and i just returned from a 2 week stay at the oasis sens, we had a great time-(1st time to Cancun)-nice hotel right by this beatiful beach, all inclusive is the way to go. excellent food,excellent staff, perfect weather.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Francisco
Nice place for a short stay. Didn't like the fact if you pay for wifi you can only use one device. Food was ok snack bar was not good and a lil coke and rum or sweet drink will make you forget all about eating. Beach was amazing and the pool is as cold as the ice bucket challenge. But overall it's worth the 3night stay.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
BEbE
"Nice hotel,beautiful view and pools, good food"
Good food and drinks nice stuff , good friendly people ,many activities
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
jarekkk
"Great getaway with amazing food"
I was seriously surprised on the high quality of food they had. We ate at two restaurants that required a reservation and were extremely happy with our experiences. We will go again in the near future!
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
jill
"Very Good, would go again. Some room to improve."
shows were fantastic. Top notch and sexy ! Other guest were all friendly too.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
JERRY
"Paradise in Mexico!"
Just returned with my mom from a week long trip to the Oasis Sens. We had a very relaxing time at the hotel. The pools are well maintained and the staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooms could be decorated a little better and there was very little lighting in the room. If you want to play beach volleyball/ aerobics in the water/ Zumba/ Pole dancing/ Salsa lessons, the activity team at the resort is always friendly and ready to get you moving. Sabina/ Antonio are always smiling and ready to play sports at the resort. If you want to hang by the pool and drink, you can do that too. I tend to like to do things while on vacation at the resort. The reception team at the front desk was always so helpful. Victor, Anna and Dion are always ready to help you navigate the area and answer any questions. Take the R1 or R2 bus at the bottom of the hotel road, for $1.00 and you can get just about anywhere on the Hotel Zone area. Shopping mall that is amazing head to La Isla- high end shopping and regular stores too. You can check out Walmart for anything you may need too. The dining options are nice. You won't be starving at all. They have pool side places to eat, Mr. Whimpy or The Happy Chicken where you can get food during the day. Dinner, You have lots of options to try out. The buffet you can't go wrong, The Black Hole, very interesting dining experience in the dark. Italian restaurant has good food too. The Box is another option too- my suggestion is to try them all out.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"very nice hotel"
Excellent stay, very good attention. Recommended for couples. Activities several good.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014