All hotels in Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Ave Kukulcan Km 19.5 Hotel Zone, Cancun, QROO, 77500, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Horrible Resort with a awesome view"
suite 780 in B bldg has a magnificent unobstructed ocean view. Everything else about this resort is horrible. Service from staff, cleanliness, food, all poor. We even had vomit in our plunge pool for over 3 hours, waiting for the staff to clean it. I will say this: this home is for the spring break crowd. Spring breakers are too drunk to notice how awful the food is, how dirty everything is, the none working lights, toilet and telephones, and ants. People who have jobs, kids- just real life things going on and want to get away to rejuvenate- this is NOT the hotel for you.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
"Not so good"
Air conditioning didn't work The place was outdated and smelly
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
"Experience was awesome!"
Everything about the hotel was great. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Hotel was clean and so were the rooms. Great food variety at the many restaurant locations and great drinks at the many bars located all over the resort. The beaches are unforgettable. The pools were awesome! Make sure not to miss the foam party because it's a blast. My only real complaint about the resort was the elevators in the west wing. The door slams very loud and the mirrors are always smudged with people's sweat and sun screen lotion. All in all, the resort was comfortable and made stay in paradise an excellent experience.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Roll S.
"Dream Vacation gone bad."
This hotel experience was the worst I've ever had. Waited 20 minutes for my luggage to reach my room only to find one piece in the hall in front of my room and the other 2 on the second landing, all unattended. Bell boy called our room in a panic 10 minutes later to see if we had our luggage. The air conditioning was barely functional in the room. It was like walking into a sauna. Hotel was extremely hot. Restaurants were miserably hot. All inclusive that's a joke. I have never had so many "No's" in my life. Food was rationed. You could only eat once and the portions left you hungry. Premium liquor was what they believed to be top shelf. Don't ask for Patron their idea of top shelf is a bottle of Malibu Rum. Their idea of a mini bar was a mini fridge with 2 cans of beer, 2 bottles of water, 2 cans of soda and don't expect them to restock it daily. Not happening. Adults only not true. Couples only not true. This vacation was a total disappointment.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
Salmeister
"The "Motel 6" of Cancun"
It is hard to rate this hotel. There are several things that were good about the resort and several things that were just not good. The rooms/hallways need an upgrading big time. There is a mold smell throughout most of the hotel. The lobby and staff are great. Pool is great as well. The rooms where very outdated and pretty dirty (sheets had dirt on them, furniture was stained etc). They have good entertainment each night which was fun. I would recommend to 21 year olds or bachelor parties - not couples looking for a romantic get-a-way.
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
"Nice getaway with friends"
We had a nice stay for 4 nights. Enjoyed the pools and swim up bar while sitting in infinity pool. Did not like that we could not eat throughout day at any location, meaning we could not grab a burger and sit poolside we could only eat in a restaurant. The Italian place was our favorite with wood fired pizzas, but once done with dinner we could not take our leftovers. The website says it is domestic and non-domestic beers but, the only thing we could fine was a Coors Light in our fridge in room we couldn't order them anywhere else. Overall it was a nice stay, but I probably won't return.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
"great time, trip, resort, and staff"
we had a great time for our 2 year anniversary. food was great. staff was great. enjoyed the daily activities. the blackhole restaurant is a must for the experience. the boat cruise on Capt Hook was a blast. also enjoyed that it was less than 20 minutes from airport to resort.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
Boots
"nightmare at paradise"
awful experience, will never bock with this resort, bad service bas food bad management, a door from the closet fell down on my wife's arm, we make the complain and no one make any attempt to help her, back home the $1,500.00 hospital bill was paid by us.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
HUGO
Overall great experience ! Hotel staff were very attentive. The pools at the hotel are amazing !!! And you are steps away from the beach . I would highly recommend this hotel to others.
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
"Won't be Back"
Bad! Won't be back. We had bugs in our room that after multiple attempts were never addressed. I'm not talking just ants, like spiders or something that had hatched. But oh yes we had ants too! Lots of them. Even after showing housekeeping it was never addressed. They said "come back in 10 mins" and never did. We did not have a safe in our room when we arrived and after being assured for 2 days that we would get one, it never came and we gave up. The lobby area smelled bad. The food was not amazing or even good for that matter. You can hardly ever get a pool towel.They only have a certain number, not enough, delivered each day, but not on Sundays. What!?
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
"Questionable"
Food was amazing, room AC didn't work well so we slept in humidity and hot for 2 nights till they decided to move us, no towels in room, coffee cups but no machine & no beverages. staff are so kind but staff NEVER answer the phone if calling from your room, ALL POOLS CLOSE AT 8pm, the hotel is very very far away from everything besides the airport and besides the room there is no AC in 90% of the hotel. Lobby and many restaurants are hot.
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
Christina
"You get what you pay for"
You get what you pay for. Bugs and Mosquitos in the rooms daily.
Other trip Jul 1, 2015
"3 words...Dont stay here!"
1. The roof leaks. Buckets and towels catching dripping water everywhere, and it was not raining. That means the problem is structural. 2. No air conditioning in any of the common areas like the lobby, hall was, restaurants and others shared areas. 3. All second grade liquor. You have to pay for the brand you drink at home. 4. My first room smelled like mildew. The second Rooney didnt have a safe, a coffee maker or towels. Whwn I asked for towels, I was brought 2 pool towels. No face towels, or bath towels. 2 very old pool towels. 5. The food is horrible, the coffee is worst 6. The grill by the pool ran out of food at 3oclock in the afternoon. 15- items on the pool menu and at 3oclock they only had 3 items available. Of which hamburgers and fries were not available. This is a old hotel in desperate need of a total renovation. Which I was told is underway. There was construction going on while I was there june 21, 2015
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
45 y/o female
"Not very good."
Be careful with those hidden fees. There's a $5 safe fee per day, a $12 delivery fee any time you order room service which takes forever by the way. It took them about 1 hr to bring our food. By that time we were almost asleep. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. DO NOT USE THE ATM LOCATED IN THE HOTEL. It charges a $5 fee plus 10% of whatever you withdraw. If possible, use the one's downtown. The food was not very good with little variety. We will definitely try a different hotel next time.
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
Lupe
"Not impressed"
I never right reviews and often times book a place despite negative comments. But this place really does live up to the negative comments out there. Some of the hotel staff are fantastic. Others...not so much. Communication is difficult for them. My husband paid extra to have flowers delivered at a specific time and they were not. The housekeeper that then finally brought them to the room stood there expecting a tip. And the flowers were not how he asked. Another bartender would not serve us our drinks for our 8 friends because we didn't have a big enough tip in our hand. He literally grabbed the money from our hand and put it back shaking his head. Went on to serve someone else. Time means nothing to them. The beach was full of seaweed One of the soap dispenser in lobby bathroom was out the entire trip. Fill it already! Only 1 nice air conditioned restaurant/bar in the entire place. The nightclub Kinky was a sauna! Dripping ceilings. Rooms smelled. I know we are in Mexico but everything was always wet from the humidity. People were constantly walking up to you on the beach (and even while napping in your chair) trying to sell something. Only positives- The pools were awesome especially the infinity pool overlooking the ocean. It was amazing. Luckily that is where we spent most of our time. The shows at night were really good. But too bad most of them are in the Kinky sauna. And the Black Hole restaurant was a cool experience.
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
n/a
"Celebration of 30th Anniversary...was terrificO!!"
There were many extra special treats given to us: VIP reception, champagne in the room (3 days straight... oh my), decorated towels of groom/bride swans on the bed, private dinner with bottle of wine... so we are grateful for that TLC. We had a great room with a view and it was delightful to sit on the balcony several times of the day and see that amazing teal colored ocean and white sand beach. We had so many kind servers at the bars and restaurants, that's hard to name a few. The "verde" smoothie on the beach turned out to be a daily favorite. There are several super gourmet restaurants, and that was interesting, yet we kept hovering over the Italian, Mexican and buffets. Go figure, maybe we are not as "foodies" as we thought. Tried the spa and that was wonderfully relaxing. Swam in the ocean and that was wild fun, as the waves had strong and stronger days. We enjoyed the entertainment mainly on the poolside deck, and not so much the nightclub, which is appropriately named "kinky". We are not prudes but it was a bit of university kid-like (for 40+) spring break atmosphere and with the liquor consumed the audience was well, um "kinky". So it was nice instead to go relax by the beach or pool or piano player for the most part.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
RMA
"Falling apart!"
Upon check in they try to force u to buy a time share. That's what people want: to get off a plane and deal with a time share pitch. Not to mention that the hotel is falling apart. During our staying there was a storm. The entire place was flooded. Air conditioning was a joke probable because none of the windows or doors are sealed properly. It was raining in my room. after many requests to fix the leak and six hours of flooding where housekeeping was ignoring me and no one did anything I asked them to (more towels to soak up the river in the room) I had enough and had the manager move me to another room. That room also had no air conditioning. But the balcony had a cover so at least it wasn't raining inside the room. The entire interior had flooded as well. A top of marble were puddles and debris from fallen ceiling. The staff could not get to it in time.
danny
"Great experience over all!"
The food and drinks here were much better than any other all inclusive I've been to! Bring earplugs cuz if by chance you're close to the club on property you'll here the bass from music till 2am. Once my earplugs were in though I slept sound.
JD
"The staff was amazing and so was the Hotel!"
The staff was amazing super friendly and helpful. The resort was amazingly beautiful and the rooms were always clean and comfort. Very safe and very active and fun hotel.
Lysa
"Worst vacation ever!"
First, we lost a day stay at the resort due to weather & airline maintenance - not an issue with the hotel. Upon our VIP arrival to the hotel (around 4:00 PM), we had to wait several hours to get into our room for which we were already paying for the previous night so we wouldn't lose our reservation. It took several additional hours for our luggage to be delivered to our room. The room would not get below 85-degrees (poor air-conditioning which maintenance & management said they could not correct - then gave us a standing "rotating" fan). The restaurants were awful - not a good variety, and (1) that you had to pay for. The best restaurant was the buffet if that helps explain. Housekeeping did not service the room until late afternoon (5:00) after we had to call them on a consistent basis. This hotel is obviously geared more toward risqué couples with open sex on the balcony's and nudism at the deck plunge pools. The VIP section of the hotel had a topless pool area, but all areas of the hotel & beach allowed this display of sexism. This type of forum should have been disclosed in the hotel amenities, and we would have selected a different hotel in Cancun. Part of the ceiling fell in on my fiancé' causing injury for which we received a letter from management apologizing "for the inconvenience". In closing, we were not treated as VIP's, and we will never return...
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
Craig
"Nice hotel and your personal"
Very happy all time, the personal in the hotel its very frendly.
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
carlos
"Should have listened to the reviews"
This place was horrible for dining. Find another hotel
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
"Fun"
I like it but they have to do better to the places
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"Room on the 1st floor "club vip""
Room on 1st floor was dirty, outdated and smells like st gent water. The hotel knows this and this why they have incense in the room to alleviate the smell. Our plunge pool was dirty and when we asked to have it cleaned no one came to to do it for 2 days until we asked to move room. We downgraded our room to a higher floor and was so much cleaner and better
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"Don't waste your money"
My husband and I just returned from a stay at the Grand Oasis Sens. Our AC never worked, lending to the mildew and mustiness of our room. My clothes were damp, even ones I hadn't worn during the trip. The beds stunk, I slept on top of the comforter. There was no towels after we came back from the pool. I asked the housekeeper on our floor and he said there is a shortage on towels but he will try to find us some. After a couple of hours, still no towels in our room. We went downstairs and finally got some from the front desk. No restocking on shampoo either. Fridge never restocked. The food was ok, service very slow. The best place to eat was the buffet, Ricardo was great. But it was a sauna inside. Italian restaurant was ok but very slow service. One of the restaurants was not included(maybe it had better food since you have to pay extra). We had to make reservations for the Japanese restaurant and then wait for the food for 2 hours. Food made me sick afterwards. Not enough tables at the hippy chic by the pool. After an hour wait, waiter brought food first but no drinks. All food offerings were sit down meals that took a LONG time to get served. No nightlife, it’s boring at night. Swim up pool bar closes early at 5pm. The pools and beach were nice and we made the best of it while we were there, but we will not be back and will not recommend this place to anyone. We honestly are not very picky people when we travel, but this was the worst place we have ever stayed. I had heard
Other trip May 30, 2015
Loreta
"Adult freedom"
The hotel was little old, but in good shape. The service was great, the bartenders, the waitstaff was outstanding.
Other trip May 29, 2015
De
"Good Food, Small Resort"
The Salmon at the Italian place saved this spot. Not a lot to do. The night club is a joke. The alcohol is fake.
Other trip May 28, 2015
Weather was great. Food was great. Drinks were great. Overall a great experience!
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Great adults only hotel on the beach!"
It was our first stay at an all inclusive resort and it did not disappoint. The rooms were very comfortable. The pools were fabulous. The beach was beautiful. Food, drinks and service were great. We can't wait to go back!
Other trip May 18, 2015
Angela
"Nice hotel, easy access to the beach"
We wanted this trip a time to relax that's why we chose this hotel, it was everything we expected great food, pools, entertainment we found what we were looking for.
Other trip May 14, 2015
Flor
"Relaxing, as expected."
We went during cinco de mayo, expecting some wild groups but nope... It was a relaxing vacation, the weather was great, the pools and grounds were well maintained and the hotel staff were suprisingly friendly (no attitude issues normally found in other countries) The ocean was very rough and loaded with seaweed but the beach was as clean as the staff could make it, my wife and daughter are going back in a few months.
Other trip May 12, 2015
"Not LGBTA WORTHY....."
it saddens me to say that this was our last year at the Oasis Sens. First off, we were given a room on the first floor, which they called a VIP room, but I don’t know how it could be VIP when one it felt like I was put in a dudgeon, that was my biggest concern when I emailed (first floor), the air conditioner leaked profusely, the sliding glass door would not lock, the curtains had to be kept closed by the chairs in the room due to broken hooks and our safe did not work until Saturday afternoon. We let the VIP check in know that there should have been notes in regards to not being put on the first floor, but to my surprise there were not, and they acted like they were doing me a favor for putting me in room 197. We continually called asking for our door to be fixed and our safe to be reset. Finally on Saturday, after not being able to sleep comfortably Friday night, it was fixed. I had so many expectations for Our honeymoon as it was supposed to be a memorable vacation. We were in absolute disbelief to see the difference in the Hotel standards from one year to the next. The maintenance and up keep as declined severely. I do have to say, the one perk of the Hotel is that the staff is ALWAYS very friendly, but unfortunately this will not be enough to keep me as a returning customer. I have never been this happy to be back home from vacation, which says a lot about the trip
Other trip May 7, 2015
that girl
"Party hotel"
I just came back from visiting Cancun for the first time and my stay at this hotel was excellent. I would give it 10 stars if I could. The stuff was absolutely amazing, polite, and fun. I would recommend this hotel to whoever wants to relax and/or party.
Other trip May 5, 2015
Marina
"Super view nice hotel"
3 day stay ; 1st day overbooked no room 2nd and 3rd day very nice room . They ran out of towels each day. Adrian very nice at the front desk. Could not get into better restaurants all of them booked... Nice pools. With little effort this place has a great potential. Breakfast buffet very nice.
Other trip May 5, 2015
Artur
"Horrible!"
Please read recent reviews for this hotel. Positive reviews are outdated. This hotel is overbooking as a regular practice. We booked our stay for Sens. Upon arrival, we (and other guests) were informed they were overbooked, and moved us to their family resort: Grand Oasis. Beautiful grounds, but completely different concept. Sens is adults only, Oasis is for the entire family. I've so far been denied a refund for the difference in cost between the resorts. Only 'consideration' we got was VIP access: Total waste. Room was outdated, the grounds were confusing to navigate, the bartenders didn't want to serve you, the pool smelled, and the food was awful. We changed hotels mid vacation, and I am glad we did. Otherwise our week would've totally sucked.
Other trip May 3, 2015
Tanya
"Beach beautiful, service and room not so much."
For me, it was the little things that were disappointing. Straight out of the gate, they checked us into an occupied room. Once we finally got a room: 1. The safe didn't work (after having replaced) so we had to carry passport, jewelry etc. to the beach 2. There were never towels available so we had to keep the same towels for the week 3. The refrigerator didn't work so the drinks were warm 4. In the buffet, the food was cold and the drinks warm 5. They wouldn't give full cans of pop or bottles of water at the bars. . . Could be an awesome hotel, but something was off. I will say the staff was friendly (except the front desk on the first day) and they kept the hotel very clean.
Jen
"PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DO NOT BOOK HERE"
Please spare yourself the disappointment. The grounds were beautiful, staff friendly, but that is where it stopped. Making reservations was a joke. VIP means nothing since 75% of guests are VIP... You spend 1/2 your vacation waiting to make reservations or to be seated. Fitness room was not clean once. HEALTH ISSUE! I have pictures day over day of over flowing garbage and 1/2 drank glasses of water in the same spot day after day. VIP Room Deck had floor boards that were loose and we had to call someone to nail them down. Plunge pools have no filters and are dirty. Hotel was out of beach and bathroom towels for 3 consecutive days. Food was 2 star at best. Room service, my husband cited he wouldn't feed the burger he ordered to my dog. The pictures look beautiful, but please spare yourself the disappointment.
Other trip May 2, 2015
It was exelant experience I had great time Hotel staff was exelant and very friendly and nice
"Okay stay."
Location is good. Staff needs to work on customer service. Air conditioning and cleanness needs upgrade.
Other trip May 1, 2015
The entire staff was helpful, friendly and appeared to be very happy working there
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
"Nice building"
Air conditioning was sporatic at best. The food was not good. Most of the staff, was nice but the girl at reception was not very helpful or friendly. We asked for 2 rooms with patio or balcony, we got one with one without. Asked for 2 queen beds and got one queen and 2 full. Check in was delayed by at least one hour.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
Vicki
"Dissappointing"
Very poor service. People did not show any want to help. We asked for early check-in and they said yes over the pone but when we arrived they said no and we waited 6 hours for our room. The food was very mediocre. They had three restaurants that were by reservation only and when we arrived they were booked for the next three days. We never ate at one of them. I will not go back.
3 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"Excellent hotel structure but the rest ..."
I didn't have a good experience in this hotel because the lack of empathy of the reception staff and one of the concierge. No AC on the room the very first day, the safe box was not working and they never went to fix it the phone was not working and for every single problem they had a nonsense explanation
carol
"Disappointing stay, negative reviews accurate"
My AC and room had no issues, but our friends and other's AC broke down and took days to fix. They won't give you new room and lie and say all is booked.I been going to cancun for 7 years and this is the worst hotel yet. Save on the price and you will get garbage if you don't mind. Restaurants open up at 12:30 and 1 pm. for lunch because they want you to check out at 12 so you can't get free lunch before you leave home; who eats at that time anyways? All other hotels open at 11:30... Small choice of food and restaurants and the food is boring and gross. Staff is slow and if you don't wave down will ignore you and let you sit even after they seat you. They have crappy attitude. My wife ask them in Spanish and they say they under paid and hotel treat them like crap. They have "timeshare" people that stand around all day and harass you when you walk by to eat or go to pool. They don't put away pool or beach chairs so if your not out putting your stuff on the chairs by 6-7am you wont get a decent shade spot. Wifi is 12$ a day and you have to purchase these scratch cards to get code. There are no signs on how to get to restaurants or what is open so if you don't carry the map you will get lost. I will stay at live Aqua or golden Parnassus next time. Those places have it together and even have patron and good tequila!
"Do Nit stay there!"
The check-in time is 3:00, we were not able to check-in until 6:00 an our bags were not delivers to our room. We had no air conditioning the first of three night, after that barely bearable. After many calls and face to face talks at the front desk they still would not switch rooms. The shower was broken on our first night and had to call 3 times before someone came to fix it. When he was done water still squirted up from the faucet but it did work. The sliding glass door lock was broken and they never did fix that. We only found one worker who was very nice. The rest of the employees were very very rude and short when you try to talk to them. The Manager is never at the hotel so we could not speak directly with him. In fact after talking to expedia on the phone, they could not reach the manager either. If you go you will be sorry!
Darrin
"Great staff, but hotel was in poor condition."
Pros: Antonio and Karen who both lead entertainment are great. And Luis the restaurant manager was phenomenal. As was Daniel the lobby bartender. Beautiful beach with lots of chairs. Kinky's night club underneath the hotel is also a lot of crazy fun. Cons: Terrible service - never enough towels for the pool. Maids also never regularly replenished the room towels, shampoo or conditioners. And worst of all, the AC rarely works. And when it does - it really only makes some noise...leaving you sticky and sweaty inside. The elevators also quit working every so often and the water was even shut off late one night.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"THE BUFFET IN THE WAITING ROOM FOR HELL!!!"
The first impression was good, with good check in and nice room with a balcony and view of pool and beach. Then the A/C would not cool the room, and many people had no A/C at all---it took three days to cool our room down to 76 degrees with the blinds closed and the A/C running with the lowest setting and highest fan setting. Asked for a fan on the first, second, third, and forth days at front desk and finally got one at 2PM on 4th day---this helped cool the room down. On day 4 we and the whole resort awoke with no hot water---none, and no water pressure from the hot tap. The elevators constantly stopped working off and on through the week. We went to the buffet for diner and found the room from HELL---temperature averaged about 94 degrees---almost impossible to eat. The food was good and the servers were great, but we left there every time soaking with sweat. Finally on the 6th day the A/C was back on in the buffet. There were 7 restaurants to choose from in the all inclusive plan but you had to book a reservation at 4 of them and by day three there were no reservations left open, and those cost extra. I met at least 4 people who had apparent food poisoning from the under cooked meats that were served, and a host of others with constant diarhea. NO I WOULD NEVER RETURN TO THIS LOCATION AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
RICKY RESCUE
"Ok hotel next to the beach."
Not a horrible hotel but would not go back. Food was mediocre, the overall hotel was always warm and humid and our room never cooled off. There was 1 day our room never got cleaned. The location to the beach was great and the pools were nice. Wife and I chose this hotel cause it was our honeymoon and was geared toward gays but seemed like there were more straight people than gay however everyone was very nice and welcoming and we felt comfortable.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Kerri
"Need better airconditioning"
Good location God staff need better maintainance couldn't sleep no air doesn't have to be cold but below 85 would be nice
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
fellow vacAtion
The negative reviews ring true, we will never stay at this resort or any of the oasis resorts again.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015