All hotels in La Paz, Baja California Sur, Mexico

Beautiful beach
    Regular internet service
  • Wellness Area
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"wonderful oasis just out of downtown"
our family wished we had more time to explore this wonderful resort...the breakfast was wonderful, the lobby superb, the free kyacks rocked!!! the small beach was a treat, and only 20 minutes from our favorite beach in southern baja....tecolote!
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
nazel
"OK but, we had to move our room due to bad smell"
overall nice setting and great staff - rooms only so-so
1 night trip Apr 3, 2014
"A bit funky but full of charm"
This hotel is a bit outdated, so if you like anonymous chain hotels with antiseptic rooms and grounds this is not for you. But the staff are incredibly friendly, and the guests are from all over - including many Mexicans. The overall feel is of friendly family hotel, a bit outside the noise and activity of La Paz's Malecon.
4 night business trip Mar 10, 2014
"Greate beachfront location"
I would definitely stay here again. Great beach front location, steps from your room to the sand, beach chairs and a cold Pacifico at the beach side bars and restaurants. Five minute drive to the center of town. It isn't brand new or high end, but fantastic value for the price in my opinion.
2 night trip Feb 24, 2014
Robby
my stay was very good the only problem was the bed bery old and hard ,but the service and the food was bery good,Irma was the maid she clean the room bery well ,the amenities at the hotel was totaly diferent ,we dont get a water bottles have to pay for it and no coffe in room its a old hotel but bery good lacation we recommend it for short time
7 night trip Feb 21, 2014
maria
"The hotel website is deceiving!"
The only good things I have to say about this hotel is it is in a convenient location and the staff is friendly. Other than that, a very "meh" experience. The room is very cold feeling and outdated. I'm sure the room had been cleaned, but it didn't feel like it. Also, the walls are THIN. I heard things all night that I can't unhear lol. Basically, you can do better in La Paz.
2 night romance trip Feb 5, 2014
Amy W.
"A $50 room should at least be clean."
I booked a hotel through expedia (the last time I will use expedia to book travel) and I had heard from friends about the La Concha. When we arrived at the room it was as if the room had not been cleaned and there were stains on the wall next to the toilet and on the floor near the sink. The room smelled and had not been really freshened up for visitors. I went to the front desk to ask to look at another room and all they had was a large 2 bedroom apartment size room. The staff was unable to help as she was inexperienced. My wife and I have stayed in truck stops, hostels and slept in cars but this room wasn't somewhere we wanted to spend anytime for our vacation. I booked 5 nights there and we checked out after an hour as it was our vacation and we went an found a hotel down the way that was much cleaner.
Other trip Jan 31, 2014
"Nice hotel right on the beach"
I stayed there 20 years ago and it's even better now!!. I felt welcome, safe and it was quiet & clean with excellent service. I enjoyed my stay for 1 week. everyone on staff really works hard to make your stay very good. The Hotel is close to town but, not in town so,... you can enjoy the quiet there and relax on their private little Beach if you want to ..... or take a short 6 min. ride into town for a choice of many different restaurants and sight seeing. Although the restaurant at the Hotel is nice for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Very reasonable rates to stay there too.
Other trip Jan 25, 2014
"An older but still charming hotel"
The staff and location make La Concha my favorite place to stay in La Paz. It's a couple of miles away from the malecon, and it's sometime late night noises. The beach front location, and sunset views across La Paz bay make the effort needed to get into town a reasonable exchange. I will stay here whenever I'm in town and recommend it to my friends.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
"Don't Bother"
The best way to sum up this resort is that it is trying. Yes, it's on the beach, but right behind it is an industrial zone. Low tide reveals an algae-ridden rock fest, rendering swimming unattractive. The jacuzzi was broken. The pool was freezing. The food was overpriced, over salted, and frankly nothing to write home about. What it does have going for it is that it's an easy drive into La Paz and the Indonesia-like ambiance is peaceful and relaxing. Our room was alright. Despite the overflowing shower and leaky sink, it was clean and had a nice view.
Other trip Jan 7, 2014
There were some private events during my stay. Music sounds continued out side until midnight and I could not sleep enough. Especially 12/31 was terrible. People working at hotel was very friendly however I hate a lots of sounds and noisy. Resort hotel should be the one whoever can become relax.
4 night trip Dec 28, 2013
"Nice Hotel with Ocean view"
The hotel over all is nice, it's the only hotel with a beach next to it. The rooms are ok. The breakfast is really good. Also the staff is really nice and helpful for activities to do in La Paz.
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
Charlie
"The best hotel in la Paz !"
Perfect
Other trip Dec 19, 2013
alicia
"Fabulous location, great hotel!"
We spent a very relaxing Thanksgiving long-weekend here. The view from our 3rd floor room was stunning, the hotel grounds beautiful, the hotel staff very friendly and accommodating, the bed very comfortable (we like it firm/supportive), and the restaurant food very tasty (try the Cheesecake)! They have rental kayaks for free (though be ware of being pulled by strong wind/current on certain days). And beware of the very good but very stiff margarita! They also have a couple of lovely hammocks on the grounds, very relaxing! With a rental car, it was easy to drive up to both playa balandra and playa el tecolete, as well as down to central la paz. We decided after driving up and down the coast that the best spot in the whole region was our hotel. The only downside was that we were first given a room on the northern end, where there was a constant, loud buzz from outside, and we asked to be moved to the other side the next morning (which they easily accommodated). Also, there was a wedding party on Saturday night that had a live band, which would have been great (free live music, festive atmosphere, why not?) except the singer was totally out-of-tune. It drove me crazy, but it's not really the hotel's fault.
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
Angela
"Nice hotel next to the sea"
The hotel has a beatifull view to the Sea of Cortes, a nice swimmingpool, beach and access to the sea. The dinners in the garden at night are very nice. Note that in some weekends there are weggingparties. They end strictly at midnight. Taxi services are good to go the town of La Paz.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
happy traveler
"Nice hotel next to the sea"
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
happy traveler
"Good value beautiful views"
Great for a short stay, very comfortable. Didn't like the tile floors as almost all Mexico hotels have, but not a problem. Room was clean and services were great, restaurant on-site. Definitely recommend for the short stay.
1 night trip Nov 20, 2013
Ron
"lovely location"
we were not as lucky with the weather this year.The tide seemed to be exceptional low. Had rain and cloudy weather most of the week.
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
"I like it"
Good experience
Other trip Nov 8, 2013
"Lovely location"
La Concha hotel is a great place to get away from it all. Wonderful pool, nice staff, and a great location right on the beach.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"Lovely location"
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"nice hotel"
relaxing, next to beach, person at front desk is very friendly and always willing to help.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
william
"old hotel no elevator"
hotel room needs renovation locks on balcony inop toilet make noise at night road to hotel entrance very rough needs to be paved
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
loui
"Ok hotel"
Hotel lobby and pool area were very nice. The first night the room was very old, rundown left side of hotel (1st floor). I asked for another room and it was the total opposite ( right side 3rd floor) very nice great view. If I would have stayed in the first room I would not recommend this hotel at all
Other trip Sep 5, 2013
cat
"Very nice and clean hotel"
We stayed at this hotel only for 1 day but we really enjoyed it, the personal was very nice the room was very clean and the food in the restaurant was delicious, it has a very nice view.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"Beautiful resort, great customer service!"
Excellent restaurant and bar, friendly helpful staff. Nice rooms. Conveniently located. Excellent experience fishing and site seeing! Will return!
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
jean
"La Paz Get Away"
Overall, pleasently surprised. The road in front of the hotel was under repair and was a bit confusing, but that is Mexico. Once in the hotel, the staff was very helpful and friendly. Hotel was clean, food was above average, and the views from the rooms were beautiful. They overlook the pool, the pool cantina, and/or the Bahia de La Paz. We felt it was a great deal for the price and my wife and I will stay there again.. We travel extensively in the Baja and found this to be a restful get away without the 5 star prices.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
Eastcaper
"good hotel with beach area."
Some of our family went to La Paz to fish. The La Concha Beach Resort was convenient for fishing boat pick-up and the hotel did a good job packaging and freezing the fish. The hotel is not on the Malecon, so it is necessary to take a taxi into the Malecon area of La Paz. Taxis were always available outside the hotel and the price was reasonable. The restaurant at the hotel served breakfast , lunch and dinner. The meals were good and reasonable. The pool was nice and clean, but so full of locals it made the pool area congested and noisy. This also affected the bar area, where the local pool goers occupied most of the seating all day. The hotel staff was helpful and spoke enough English to make conversations successful. The rooms were clean and housekeeping was very thorough. Showers worked well, refrigerator worked well, a/c in my room was average but was very good in some of the other rooms. No bugs of any kind-that was good. My one and only complaint was a very hard king size bed. I asked to be moved but there were no rooms available on the floor I desired. I did not continue to ask.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
weezy
"good value"
The La Concha beach resort was a very good deal for the price. The grounds of the hotel were beautiful and right on the beach. The breakfast that you could include with your stay was good but a bit overrated by some of the previous reviews. What was included with the " American breakfast " was buffet style scrambled eggs, hash browns, a mexican type casserole, fresh fruit (very good), toast, coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice. One day pancakes were included ( below average). Service was good some days and slow to very slow on others. I would order it if you are staying 3 days or less. We stayed 6 days and would have preferred to order something else after about 3 days. While you are there make sure that you swim out to the rocks to see the colorful fish there. Wear water socks as otherwise your feet will hurt standing on the sharp rocks. I was able to see the fish well wearing polrized sunglasses with no snorkel mask. Also make sure that you visit Bandalara beach, it is very beautiful. We walked quite a bit in the water without running into any stingrays. Fishing was very good with Tailhunter. We did not try the Mosqito fleet that could be booked very close to the hotel. If you catch fish, theTailhunter restaraunt cooks it deliciously.
6 night family trip Jul 28, 2013
nate
Really good value for the price and quality. It seemed like some of the rooms were not as "nice" as ours, but ours had an authentic "mexican" feel to it and was nice. Other rooms I saw had wall decals and some tacky decorations, but ours was nice...Also had a mini fridge, so that was nice. The hotel itself is not right in town, so we had to get a taxi every time we wanted to go out to eat or do something other than the beach. The beach at the hotel is nice, though, and they have free kayaks that you can use. Really fun. I would recommend buying the deal that includes breakfast since there aren't any restaurants super close by. The breakfast was always good and pretty decently priced. The hotel didn't seem very busy and it was always pretty quiet, which was nice. The lobby and upper lounge loft area were really nice with a bohemian feel. Definitely would recommend La Concha.
Other trip Aug 2, 2013
"Nice hotel in a wonderful place"
We have a great night and tris hotel is placed in a marvelous place. We will return.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
Edmundo
We stay in La paz for 9 days in holiday and we chose La Chonca Resort for position, not to far from center (10-15 minutes by car) and from La Balandra playa (15 minutes by car). All was good and we stay pleasently here, very quiet during the night
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
"Simple no frills"
The hotel is a traditional Mexican hotel. The service was excellent and the people were friendly. The room was small and very basic but clean. We had a very nice stay and would go back again.
2 night trip Jun 16, 2013
Candace
"La Concha overnight"
We have been coming here for years, and we decided to stay here for a night on our way to Cabo. The staff is as friendly as ever, and they remodeled the hotel recently, so it looks pretty nice. Rooms are still small and the bathrooms need upgrading.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2013
Walter
"Basic room with an ocean view"
Very basic room--hard bed, rough sheets, minimal furniture, etc.. There was mold in the shower, but I think that's expected in Mexico. The sign outside our door said no smoking, but when we walked into our first room, there were recently-lit cigarette butts in an ashtray and the patio door was wide open. The whole room smelled like an ashtray. When we asked for another room, they gave us the one next to the lobby on the first floor. Tolerable, though there was a not-so-coordinated mariachi band that played on one of the nights ;). BUT we did have an open view. Nice to wake up and look at the water, then walk just a few steps to the beach and have the choice of kayaking or laying under a palapa. We didn't stay at the hotel all day, but the staff could have been better. With the exception of one friendly server in the restaurant, they always treated us like we were bothering them. The guy with the kayaks gave us a really hard time as if we were not guests at the hotel. Who would walk that far just for free kayaks? It's so far away from the other hotels and the Malecon! Lastly, unless you want to walk up and down the hill or take a cab everywhere, I would recommend renting a car so you have the freedom to dine in the Malecon and explore more of Baja.
4 night trip with friends May 26, 2013
"Older hotel in nice location"
Thanks to previous reviews, this hotel was what I expected. The facilities are showing their age, but the location was nice and we had a room with a nice view and quite A/C (VERY important - hate the fan noise...). The food in the restaurant was great and staff pleasant. It's a shame that the owners have not spent some money in much-needed renovation, because this could be a great hotel (and probably was once upon a time). I would recommend for those with kids and/or on a budget. We stayed here and rented a car so we could explore other beaches and nearby La Paz. Warning - the sea at the hotel can sometimes have lots of algae/ seaweed, but it depends on the currents. We saw both icky water and perfectly fine water during our 1 week stay.
Other trip Jun 14, 2013
Carmen
"Great resort on a budget."
Intimate, as compared to nearby resort Costa Baja, which we were also considering staying at. However, glad that we didn't end up booking Costa Baja as it was super empty and a tad bit too manicured looking when we visited this past Memorial Day week. Service at La Concha was decent for the most part, but some of the wait staff in the pool bar area were hit or miss, as they literally took the concept of a Mexican minute to heart. Breakfast was slightly above mediocre (made to go, non buffet style), and with the exception of drinks (excluding wine) and the tres leche cake, other food was slightly below mediocre. I highly recommend going into town, or Costa Baja for meals. The beach area by the hotel was fine, and we had no issues with finding palapas. Free kayaks also made it fun. The room itself was slightly above mediocre, however our view was nice, and we didn't experience noise issues (unlike our friends on the first floor).
Other trip Jun 1, 2013
JS
"Good Times"
My wife and I spent 5 wonderfull days here. The rooms were in good condition and the air conditionings cold. Its outside of town so you might think about taking a short cab ride at night there's no parking in town.Plenty to do close to the hotel. Great beaches at tecolete and u can plan ur snorkeling trip from there at azul tours.
6 night trip May 18, 2013
Happy Couple
"Ok place"
Kinda far out of town, fair rates, average place, but better can be had for the same money closer in
Other trip May 8, 2013
"Good value, a couple of glitches"
It was a nice Mexican hotel to say in, good value for our money, but we did have some glitches...our room door lock didn't work all the time and we moved to another room and had a housekeeping issue but staff was very attentive to keep us happy. Rooms basic, no safe, no chain on door, no sink stoppers....fortunately I didn't lose any jewelry down the drain! Food and restaurant service was great....nice beach, with a few rocks and plant growth in the water....jacuzzi not functioning...loved the pool area though....and ease of water sports like snorkeling, scuba, spa, kayaking... the exercise gym was lacking but I didn't want to use it anyway as I was on vacation!
4 night trip Apr 27, 2013
Patti

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"My La Paz stay"
Hotel was a bit out of the way. Needed to cab everywhere.
1 night trip Mar 2, 2016
joe
"Will return!"
Stayed here with my husband one night on our way down to San Jose Del Cabo, then stayed 4 nights on our way back home to Canada. An older hotel but staff is always fixing and cleaning. Great location on the beach. Best Sunsets in La Paz! Leo at the front desk was very accommodating and friendly. Tried hard to help us get on the ferry to Mazatlán but as Baja Ferry wasn't running, TMC ferry was very busy. Wasn't meant to be for us this trip. I love to walk in the morning, alone and never once felt unsafe in the area. Everyone out walking and biking and dog walking to start their day. I would definitely stay here again! Meals in the restaurant were good and reasonably priced. Being that it is not right in La Paz, but on the way to the ferry, it was very quiet for sleeping!
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2016
Marni
"Wonderful staff!"
Staff was so friendly and helpful! Thank you Leo and Irma! Older hotel but many updates. Wonderful bed and fridge in room. Restaurant is reasonable priced and tasty. Wifi worked great! Would return again!! Just a short walk to malecon!
2 night romance trip Jan 25, 2016
Wayne
"Our first time in La Paz - Family Trip"
We stayed for 2 nights. Check in was quick and easy. Our suitcases were brought up by a smiling lovely man who carried them to our 3rd floor ! We were told upon arrival at the front desk there was a wedding happening, but this didnt affect anything for us. Room view was nice overlooking the beach with beautiful sunsets. Quickly changed into our swimsuits upon arrival only realizing then that the beach is rocky ! Never went back. Drove to Balandra and Tecelote beach instead for the remainder of our stay. Wish I knew this before. Breakfast was provided, which was so nice and the waiters were so very pleasant with a smile always. We drove both nights to downtown and walked around.
2 night family trip Dec 5, 2015
Farzana
"Wonderful holiday"
The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, organising everything we needed, making our stay as relaxing and enjoyable as we had hoped. We were upgraded (at minimum cost) to a wonderful junior suite which gave us the space and facilities to relax with our children as we wanted. Although the hotel has opened up to day guests to use the swimming pool areas, the best facilities are still reserved for the use of hotel guests. This is a truly great Mexican experience; very professional, but at the same time a taste of Mexican hospitality and culture.
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
"It has a great location. some staff awful."
Great location, you need to have a rental car. Water nice and pool was good. Nice that it was close to Diving and Snorkeling ... Cortez club. The waiters in the restaurant and the bar, including kitchen staff and bartender need to retire. It is like they do not care. Manager was nice and 2 young people working front desk were great. All of hte "experienced" staff have little job satisfaction. Meals Cold, didnt see waiter for hours at the beach, left food plates sitting on tables, couldn't pay bill, etc. Maintenance staff spent more time resting and on cell phone then working. disappointing as ultimately we are paying for that. Location was great, liked the hotel, it was older but it looks like they are renovating. We moved from an outdated room to a renovated room that was very nice. Housekeeping was fantastic. ky.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
duane
"nice hotel with nice beach"
stayed for 5 nights. really enjoyed the beach and the sunsets
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
Barrie
"La Concha experience in La Paz."
The hotel location is great and the beach and swimming pool are just perfect. The view to the sea is magnificent. Hotel needs a little maintenance work. Our bathroom door did not close unless pushed with great strength. Breakfast was very good also as was the food. Drinks by the beach a plus. Public transportation is not enough and taxis quite expensive but would not change hotel for location. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
5 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
MX
"Quiet retreat"
What a welcome relief from the diesel fumes, barking dogs, all night partying, and sleepless nights in Cabo. Perfectly located at the end of the 7km malecon with its own private beach and free use of kayaks, etc. It is a half hour walk into town or take free daily shuttle. it has only one restaurant, but the food and drinks are good and reasonable. From Cabo, one needs to take the city bus to the main terminal and then book the 3 hour air conditioned bus for about $40 U.S return. From the terminal in La Paz, take a Shuttle for $1or taxi for about $7U.S. Go and enjoy!
2 night trip with friends Jan 20, 2015
Eileen
"Perfect place to wind down"
We have stayed at the La Concha hotel many times over the past 12 years. It is the perfect place to escape a hectic life. While it is an older hotel, they are slowly upgrading the rooms to make them a bit more modern. The rooms generally come with a very nice breakfast. It is close enough to town and to the Costa Baja resort so make it a great location. Don't go there for the amenities. It will never meet American standards. Go there for the view, the peace and the perfect wind-down. That's why we keep returning.
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014