All hotels in Falmouth, Massachusetts, United States of America
40 North Main Street, Falmouth, MA, 02540, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

The hotel was nice. The fried cornbread at restaurant was awesome
1 night romance trip Aug 25, 2015
"Life is short, do it..."
It was everything I expected and more. Great area. Very New England like...
2 night romance trip Aug 17, 2015
"A convenient, well-equipped little inn"
The hotel is very well located near the charming town center of Falmouth -- walkable distance. Most rooms are quite nice (not charming but at least modern and well equipped), though the walls are thin enough so that you can hear other guests... The WiFi was easy and worked well. Parking is convenient. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. The adjacent restaurant serving breakfast and lunch is not very good. Recommend skipping it. There's a great French pastry shop in town ("boulangerie and patisserie") where you can get good coffee/cappuccino and a simple breakfast. Lots of good places to eat in town and in nearby Woods Hole. Multiple beaches are a short car ride away from the hotel.
3 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
Elisabeth
"Great Place, but Service Needs Improvement"
Everything was great, but there was no elevator so I had to carry my suitcase upstairs. Also, traveled on red-eye and called ahead for an early check-in request. The staff never returned my call....which was frustrating.
2 night business trip Aug 13, 2015
Stephen
"Amazing place."
Great place to stay. Very clean and staff is very friendly.
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
"Quick Overnight Stay"
Near many shops, restaurants and close to the Steam Ship Authority Ferry. However, the $350 for a Friday night stay during high season is a bit overpriced.
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
"fair only"
The tv didn't work well, constant flickering! priced like a fancy hotel, but felt like a decent motel at best.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Ricardo
"Bad experience"
We checked out after one nite..tiny rooms, ours was across from the restaurant and too close to lobby. Also, we walked out of our room into 4 or 5 giant crates blocking the hallway..disgusting experience
3 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
Sandra
"Greta location!"
Great location. Clean and comfy.
2 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Emily
no face cloths upon arrival....tv would not change channels...no elevator to second floor if needed...not told ahead of time that we would be in adjacent property, the cottage...very overpriced
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
"Excellent!"
This was a quick week day getaway for two. The area is wonderful, cute shops to browse, lovely restaurants, easy access to the ferries and other areas of interest. The hotel centrally located, clean, comfortable and definitely worth the price ($160.00 per night). I read other reviews about construction and traffic noise so we requested a room in the back of the main hotel. It was perfect! The main thoroughfare is quite busy and trucks are nosy but we heard none of that. Most hotels have a bit of noise due to the volume of guests but we did not notice anything noisier than most hotels. We did see the cottages referred to in other reviews and they looked nice on the outside. There was construction on the grounds as things were being updated- we thought this was a good sign. Nothing seemed particularly noisy. The hotel staff was fine, check- in, check- out was quick and professional. We would definitely stay here again since the room was spacious, clean and affordable. The restaurant coffee shop gets quite busy but there are plenty of alternatives in the area.
3 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
andrea
"Housekeeping ?"
Quaint Hotel, but after our first night there, our sheets were not changed in both rooms our family stayed in. One room never got even serviced because somehow a "Do Not Disturb" sign was placed on door knob. The front desk receptionist never apologized and said to notify management in the morning. It was all I could do to get some clean towels.
4 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
JENNIFER
"Much more to this hotel . . ."
Much more to this hotel than is immediately apparent. Terrific pool and patio. The floorboards creaked in the hallway, but all else was solid and clean at the Inn. A plus for us: we walked a few blocks up Hwy 28 to catch the bus to the Steamship Authority ferry to Martha's Vineyard.
2 night family trip Jun 15, 2015
robert
"Great location if not light sleeper"
Hotel is in great location. Older remodeled building, sounds from other rooms can be easily be heard, including person walking on floor above. If you don't mind this, it is a nice hotel.
2 night business trip Jun 10, 2015
"Good hotel, nicest area in town"
Nice, clean, quite and private in the cottage. The staff was helpful. Pretty area of town.
3 night family trip May 26, 2015
Blanca
Clean, comfortable, friendly stuff, great location close to shops, restausrants
Other trip May 31, 2015
"A Disappointed Vineyarder"
Booked through Hotels.Com on arrival day. Arrived late (1030pm) only to be told that hotel was sold out and that when Expedia sent reservation over at 5pm that they were already sold out. Why wouldn't someone call me to tell me this? I have stayed here numerous times and each time it gets worse. So they gave me two options when I got there: 1. A full refund, and or 2. A room with no working shower. I took option #2 because it was late. There was also no working remote in the room as the batteries were dead. I had a wonderful "sponge bath" the next morning. I had to actually ask for a breakfast coupon for the next morning! Why not a full refund and a complimentary room. Hotels love to blame their incompetence and third party reservation companies like Hotels.Com all the time and they treat us differently for using a third party booking company.
1 night family trip May 27, 2015
Nicholas
"Worthwhile Inn"
Not super close to the beach but close enough to the little Falmouth strip area in the center of town. There are plenty of restaurants and a few bars, enough to do and in close driving range of everything else. The Inn itself was incredible, the room was absolutely spectacular and had no issues at all. Could not hear any other guests of the hotel and the service was great. The indoor pool was nice enough and we have no complaints.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Rob
"don't go here"
Had a horrible time
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
VINCENT
"Inn on the Square"
The room was lovely! The beds were very comfortable as were the pillows. Adjacent parking is very limited, particularly HP.
1 night trip with friends May 1, 2015
GAIL M
"4 Thumbs up"
We had a nice comfortable room that was clean and spotless. However, being in the adjacent building made it a little inconvenient to the breakfast restaurant. A better walkway to the main bldg instead of walking across the grass would be beneficial. Overall a very nice hotel and especially good breakfast venue.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
Francis
"Nice Inn"
The hotel was easy to find. When we came in, there were people waiting before us, and the front desk was empty. Our room was clean and large with two comfortable queen beds. The walls are too thin - it could be noisy depending on your neighbors.
2 night trip with friends Apr 4, 2015
"Great Hotel - Wonderful Staff!"
Beautiful town of Falmouth! Great Hotel! Wonderful Staff!
2 night family trip Mar 29, 2015
"Nice stay newly renovated"
Quaint quiet nicely located in heart of falmouth. It was off season so a lot of shoppes not open but location to galleries Woods hole and ferry would be great during season
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Ann
First time ever staying there but we will definitely return!
Betty
"pleasant surprise"
for the price I paid (89 per night), this is certainly a pleasant surprise. The furniture and part of the room appear to be renovated. This was a great stay.
1 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
Tian J
"INN ON THE SQUARE"
MAIN HOTEL UNDER RENOVATION, STAYED IN COTTAGES, NOT ALOT OF PRIVACY, CAN REALLY HERE EVERYTHING, BUT IT WAS COMFORTABLE ENOUGH, GREAT LOCATION... DEFINATLEY TRY FOR THE MAIN HOTEL!!
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Under constuction"
I had stayed here before as it is very convenient to the ferry--you can walk to the boat from here. This time I drove here in a snowstorm, and I was so happy to finally arrive. There were about 3 inches of new heavy wet snow on the ground and it was still coming down. I dragged all of my stuff into the hotel and was checked in quickly, BUT I was then told that the main building was under construction and I had to stay in the "other building". Since she made it sound close by (and my car was already covered with snow again so I didn't want to drive) I started trudging across the parking lot with my suitcase and briefcase. I did not realize it was two houses over! When I got to where I assumed it was (not signed well) I found I had to climb steep stairs with all of my stuff. I also did not want to trudge back thought the parking lot in the snow to take advantage of the heated pool. I think they should have given discounts for this inconvenience (and the fact that the posted accommodations were incorrect) and maybe even warned their customers ahead of time. It was disappointing.
1 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
"A decent little place"
I would say it's your average hotel to get away. Nothing that I would say is fantastic but not a place to bash. It's a place to stay with a bed and tv.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
Drew
"Thin walls!"
Hotel checkin was good & overall condition of room. We stayed in the cottage & the walls were so thin. We could hear the people next door snoring, somebody shoveling outside in the morning. At midnight we could hear ? Kids running around room upstairs. I called front desk & guy asked me what room number it was. I said I haven't idea it's directly above my room. You should know what room number it is. I will say the location to Falmouth center was great.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
joanne
"Not as advertised"
The Inn on the Square made ample use of photoshop before they posted photos to their website -- unfortunately the rooms are a lot less cozy and the lobby has far less character than we were led to believe. And once again, we landed at a hotel undergoing renovations, without any advance notice that our room would be in "the cottage," which is really a warehouse for hotel guests, two doors away, with extremely thin-walled rooms and a poor heating system. One happy thing was that the refrigerator has a separate freezer, so we were able to bring Ben & Jerry's back to the room.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Nice Hotel close to shops and beach"
Nice Hotel centrally located in Falmouth, close to shops and the beach. Pleasant staff. Nice pool area. The main building was under renovations We stayed in the second building which was comfortable.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Camilla
"MD Old State House Project"
Great hotel, very convenient location to the heart of Annapolis -- everything was withing walking distance. Great array of restaurants nearby as well as shopping.
1 night business trip Nov 21, 2014
"Good for one night stopover"
I arrived late and left early so did not use any of the hotel amenities. They are renovating the main building so I got a room in a smaller building next to it. There was some noise from the street but nothing too bad. Room was basic but fine. Affordable.
1 night business trip Jan 15, 2015
"Nice Place"
Nice hotel and is being renovated over the winter season. Would stay again. Close to the center of town. Nice staff.
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
"Nice, convince to viewing centers, ..."
It's our first time and very short trip. We might revisit the area next year. It's more interest centers that we like to visit.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
narin
"Nice visit, rooms need more attention to detail."
The Hotel was under renavation so rooms were limited. The first night was ok had a street facing room and heard alot of traffic, the second night was better we were put into a completed room in the main building. The room was cramed with furniture, the walls hadn't been painted and the bathroom had a sink faucet that wasn't attached along with toothpaste on the bath tub from the previous guest. The wall paper was freid and the frig made noise all night. We've had better stays at the Inn, only hope this will be corrected soon. The staff was very pleasant and helpful.
2 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
"Off Season Guest"
This was our first visit in the area. Staff were very helpful. The environment was very pleasant, clean and safe. A lot of the "downtown shops are closed as well as the restaurants. The staff were knowledgeable and aware of the changes in their city and provided appropriate directions.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
"Inn on the Square"
Staff was very friendly, room was clean. Overall was disappointed - this was really more of a motel. Exterior is much nicer than the rooms. Thought I was getting a deal because it was off-season. Would have been really disappointed if I had paid a penny more.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
G
"Winter Getaway"
Great location! Perfect for a getaway. Quiet and quaint, excellent restaurant for breakfast.
1 night romance trip Dec 11, 2014
"Perfect HQ for several days"
There in November to attend conference at Woods Hole Oceanographic. Hotel was perfect--easy to get to WHOI, excellent restaurants and coffee shops within walking distance. Was disappointed in the rest. coffee, but otherwise all was fine.
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
Wendy
"Our annual holiday tradition..."
We stayed there this past weekend for the annual Christmas by the Sea weekend. The lobby was beautifully decorated for Christmas. Our room was clean and everything was in good condition. The staff was very friendly, especially the housekeeper on the second floor. Unfortunately, I never got his name. The only negative was that they closed the pool for renovations on Monday and the kids were disappointed that they couldn't swim one last time. Overall though, we had another great experience and we will keep coming back.
2 night family trip Dec 6, 2014
"Convenient location"
Superb accomodations within easy walking distance of the Main Street shopping.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
"Good hotel, not great but a good value."
The hotel is a bit tired but a good value.
1 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
Room was tired; price is high for the quality you get
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"Falmouth get away"
Stayed one night at the Inn on the Square. Had expected a little bit more than standard hotel fare but it is a fine generic hotel with a fancy name. Hotel staff while pleasant enough not overly helpful. in other words not very helpful with how to get to our room--it was in the back building not attached to "the Inn". Could have been a little more helpful with supper directions. it was very clean and comfortable but do not expect an "inn" ambiance. Our recent stay at Best Western Plus in Bath, ME was far superior.
1 night family trip Nov 18, 2014
Comfortable and well located very close to the center of Falmouth. Amazing restaurant across the street, on par with NYC restaurants and great coffee place around corner.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
The carpeting in the room felt old/dirty, worn. The outside of the hotel is charming, but felt the inside didn't live up to the expectations.
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
"Beautiful location amd service."
Every thing was perfect for our visit to falmouth. We loved the location and the room was very comfortable. I hope we can visit there again
2 night romance trip Nov 10, 2014
Sidney
"One night stay .. Wished ot was longer!"
The stay was great. The staff was friendly and accomodating. Only had a 1 night stay. Wished it could have been longer. Beautiful location and reasonably priced. Will certainly come back again.
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2014