All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
515 Southwest Clay St, Portland, OR, 97201, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great place for the money."
Well decorated, clean rooms, friendly staff, on site restaurant and bar, walking distance to entertainment, comfortable bed, shower comes with shampoo, conditioner and body wash, robes and hairdryer, large TV with free local channels, nice view. Only paid around $150 for a Saturday night. Great stay, would recommend to anyone.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Monica
Nice hotel in a good downtown location. The room was a bit small but very clean and nice. The staff was great, offering directions every time we left.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
j
"Chic boutique hotel, great location."
In Portland for business arrived early and was able to check in by 1PM. Small boutique hotel, property was very nice, cool outdoor patio area, excellent location walk to waterfront and light rail right outside. Lobby is a bit small and a little crowded during check-in/out but overall a great hotel. Breakfast at Nel Centro was excellent. Would stay here again.
1 night business trip Apr 12, 2015
"Very late check in!"
This hotel doesn't have check in until 4pm. I've never stayed at a hotel with that late of a check in. It was very inconvenient. We were in town for a concert that started at 4pm. They found us a room to check info earlier but it of course wasn't as nice as the one we booked. Also I asked them to call us a cab and when the front desk guy called he said for the cab to be there in 5 minutes. By the time we got to our room, changed our clothes and came down (all within 5 minutes) the cab had left already. They called us another cab, which didn't show up for 30 minutes (they said 3-5 minutes). Needless to say, we were late for our concert.
1 night romance trip Apr 12, 2015
Tara
"Another great stay!"
Our room was upgraded and everything was very nice as usual.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
"watched our rental car"
We arrived at the hotel early and we knew the rooms would not be ready, but the bellmen watched our rental car until we registered with the front desk. Staff also held our suitcases for us until we returned.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
"Top Notch Hotel"
Beautiful hotel with quiet room, comfortable bed and big window to watched rain clouds roll in. Great location. Walked everywhere for two days. Fast room service, prompt valet service. Staff was helpful about directions and dinner recommendations. We'll be back soon!
2 night romance trip Mar 30, 2015
"Great hotel in Portland!"
I loved this hotel and it will be my new go-to in Portland! Super friendly staff, great service, clean room and comfy bed. I loved the retro feel of the hotel and its boutique feel. Very convenient to downtown. Amazingly good restaurant too.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
"Amazing!"
My wife and I stayed here on our wedding night and we were both blown away! The hotel is absolutely stunning and the staff was over the top friendly and professional.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Newly Weds
"Everything was great."
Fabulous hotel only a few blocks from Keller auditorium. A friend and I came for a one night stay to attend a play. Loved it!!
1 night trip with friends Apr 8, 2015
Lois
"Amazing!"
The pictures online were exactly how the hotel looked. The staff were very helpful and the restaurant was delicious. We plan to go again very soon!
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Kendra
"Great Hotel!"
What a great hotel! I had been staying a couple of big name hotel's off Broadway. Everything at the Modera was just great!
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
"Downtown Gem"
Great outdoor seating area with fire pits. Close to everything downtown. Very accommodating staff and dog friendly!
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Mukti
"Modern and welcoming, close to everything."
Close to shops, restaurants, parks and university.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Gabriela
"We loved the hotel"
The hotel has great location and it is very nice! We loved our stay here! :)
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"Excellent service"
Very pleased with my stay here. Only did one night, but the room was well appointed and the hotel was very clean throughout. The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff was outstanding.
1 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
"Good location for business travel"
Clean, quiet, efficiently run, yet relaxed. Close to downtown and quick access via tram to the convention center.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
Ms NewYorker
"Great, good location"
Booked at the last minute for a two-night stay. Great atmosphere, clean room and easy to jump on the TriMet to get anywhere! Highly recommend!
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
coyer
"Didn't realize "boutique" hotel meant small rooms"
The hotel was beautiful. It was very trendy and incredibly clean. However, it was also very small. When I pay the extra amount for the premier king bed room at a boutique hotel, I didn't think it would mean the closet. The room had just enough space for the king bed and a bathroom size that is small compared to stays at other hotels that may have the same number of stars, just not qualified as a boutique hotel. I also prefer to stay closer to the main part of downtown Portland. This hotel was a few blocks south of Nordstrom which means it's even further from the Pearl District. Portland's public transit is great but this was a little further out of the way then I like. The hotel staff could have been friendlier.
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
"Beautiful Hotel in the heart of Portland"
The hotel is walking distance from a lot of popular restaurants, shopping areas, etc., but was far enough away to avoid the crowds of people and traffic of downtown Portland. The accommodations were fantastic and we were very pleased.
Roland
"Expensive hotel for minimal treatment"
Our staff was booked at another nearby hotel (Monaco) and I opted to try out Modera because of the reviews and how the hotel was presented online. Well I've got to say it was one of the most frustrating hotels I've ever been to. The presentation online makes it seem like its the most caring beautiful hotel in Portland but the service I received was not even close.So apparently it seems that because I don't fit the normal image of a high end guest they decided to completely neglect mentioning any of the amenities that this hotel offered. The check in took about 1 minute and the check in host or whatever you wanted to call him didn't even direct me to the elevator. Could you understand how frustrating it is to have to listen to the representative next to you be so kind and informative to the other guests and I got treated the way I did? I need to emphasize AGAIN not one amenity was mentioned to me and I was told by another guest they were offered a 24 hour fitness pass for staying at the hotel? Did I not ask you guys the second time I came to the desk if there was any local gyms I could work out at?
Rich
"Not a 4 star"
The beds were soft and gave us a back ache next morning. Has no gym so they contract with nearby 24 hour fitness ( which is not open 24 hrs btw). and they didn't even tell us it closes at 9pm on a Sun so we got into our gym gear, got there and we came back. The bathroom is the tiniest I have seen for a hotel bath. The room had no dressers. The lobby and outdoor fire pit are the best parts.
Parents w/ kid
"Spring break"
Love staying here, The staff are all extremely helpful, friendly and knowledgable. It is not stuffy, but you get treated like you are in a five star hotel.
4 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
Wendy
"great lil gem"
great lil hotel in a great central location of DT Portland. Was able to walk to the food carts, mall, and sight seeing. we would stay again.
2 night romance trip Mar 22, 2015
Tristan
"Review"
Hotel is a bit dated and needs a facelift. There are better properties downtown for similar prices. The restaurant is awesome with a great wine list. Unfortunately, I would not book this hotel again. This is my third and final visit.
3 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2015
"Modern Portland"
I had one night to spend in Portland, so I wanted a place modern and downtown. The hotel was exactly what I was looking for, and close everything, including the red line back to the airport.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2015
robb
"Not quite worthy of a 4 star rating."
Expedia claims that the hotel is 4 stars, and it was priced accordingly. When we were driving up to hotel, the top several floors of the building looked fairly old and run down. Once we got to the actual driveway, things looked better. The hotel lobby was nice, but simple, which was the first thing that made the hotel feel more like a 3 or 3.5 star hotel. There was only one person working the front desk, and a line-up of three parties trying to check in. The room itself was perfectly clean, which is always my number one requirement, but the walls were plain white and the room was very small; again, more like 3.5 stars. The bathroom was nice, with classy marble tile in the shower. The toiletries were pumps, instead of tiny individual bottles or bars, which I absolutely love. A hotel always gets extra points with me when they do that. Those little bottles are so wasteful! The linens were excellent, but the mattress could have been a bit more luxurious. That's probably just a personal preference, though. Very nice bathrobes!
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Joel
"Great boutique hotel"
The hotel is in a great location, within walking distance of public transportation and several local destinations. The rooms are super comfy and have a modern décor. The one downside was that I visited in mid March and it was un-seasonably warm outside (apparently) and the rooms were hot. The hotel has an HVAC system that is set for the seasons and the room could not be made any cooler. The staff was apologetic, but everyone made the same complaint at checkout- something that the hotel needs to look in to. The best part was the concierge. He helped me plan my day and even made me my own walking maps to hit all that I was trying to see. After a cross country flight, I wanted to walk everywhere. He was very helpful and entertaining and understood just what I was after. I would recommend this place and would stay here again in a heartbeat, even with the toasty room.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Laila
"I would give it a C+ overall."
Staff was nice and accommodating. Problem we had with the room is it was too hot, AC would only drop to 65 degrees. Our bathroom sink did not drain properly (took forever).
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Gina
"Made me recall my "Mod Hair Ken", Barbie's partner"
Very cool refurbished motel with carefully chosen art and decor of the 1970s. If one is willing to put up with bathroom doors that strain one's rotator cuff and don't quite make the "closed" grade in order to enjoy huge windows, blood orange-scented bath products, huge rooms, a great staff and awesome downtown location, Modera is the coolest. I would definitely return and stay one fewer night in order to splurge on their restaurant and its inimitable living wall and outdoor fire pits. Very nice hotel
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
Pamela
"Same as last time"
Very nice to stay and enjoy the show, makes the evening so much nice without the late drive home.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
"Modera in Portland"
Lovely space, quiet room, super friendly & helpful front desk staff & parking! Great food recommendations within walking distance.
1 night business trip Mar 14, 2015
Alia
Great hotel. Nice location. Friendly staff. Clean rooms.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"Stinky rooms!"
The room stank! The vent came on and it smelled like decomposed food. Then they moved us to another room and it had its own unique discussing smell. We just opened the window because we had plans for the night and needed to go. The room was nice but felt it was over priced.
1 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2015
"One of the best!"
It was one of the best hotels I've stayed at. I travel often and this was well worth the price and the location was great! I recommend this hotel to anyone. The staff was so friendly and helpful as well. I was very impressed!
1 night family trip Mar 15, 2015
Keneshia
"Modern style hotel downtown Portland"
Staff friendly and helpful... Beautiful patio for dining and drinks
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"Good hotel with a great restaurant!"
We had a lovely getaway. Pleasantly surprised by the location, the restaurant and the hotel in general. It was unseasonably warm the first day and our air conditioner seemed to be blowing hot air, but since the windows opened and it cooled off that wasn't a big issue. Thank you for a very enjoyable downtown vacation.
3 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
"Love the vibe"
Made it to my meetings refreshed and on time. Walk to appointments, and then to the symphony in the evening. I feel pampered when staying at Hotel Modera!
1 night business trip Feb 6, 2015
"another successful pdx stay."
Came down for a Blazer game. Hotel was surprisingly stylish and comfortable. nice restaurant bat on site. Limited parking, very.
1 night trip Mar 13, 2015
Jordan
"Needs a mirror in the room besides the bathroom!"
The Hotel stay was great! We had a little issue with noise coming through from the neighbors. The only MAJOR thing especially of you have women staying in your hotel was that there were no mirrors in the room. We were in the "accessible" room so maybe it might be different than other rooms but not having mirrors if someone was in the bathroom was borderline torture.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Nice place but double check your card charges..."
The hotel is a nice place and no complaints about the staff however once I got home and checked my bank account the hotel had over charged my card almost $600 in random charges ($148, $160, $50, $66.20...) for a one night stay? ugh nightmare to clear up with my bank and the bills that couldn't go through because my account was overdrawn. Many calls back and forth. Very frustrating. Finally the office manager cleared it up with my bank. This will definitely deter me from staying there again. Sorry hotel Modera.
1 night trip with friends Mar 8, 2015
erin
"Business traveler"
Good place but they had heat/av issues and the room was too warm. Also, and this is picky, but access to ekectric outlets was difficult. I checked in at midnight, and had to move furniture around in the middle of the to plug in my iPhone. It's 2015 for goodness sake!
1 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
gary
"In town to visit a friend"
Staff works very hard to meet your needs. I had trouble with the cooling system during my last stay. The hotel staff said it was due to the unseasonable warm weather. This indicates need for the hotel to upgrade the HVAC system to accomodate swings in weather conditions. One of my favorite things to do is to get coffee from the restaurant when it opens at 6:30 AM. It's a good strong cup and they refill for free.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
"Quality hotel"
Staff was polite and hotel was clean and modern. Nice stay. Location wasn't convenient since my goal was to walk around the city.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2015
"Great location but rooms are small and noisy"
Great location very trendy and the restaurant is top notch. We enjoyed the happy hour and patio for relaxing. Service was hit or miss however when we checked in we told the employee I was sensitive to a lot of noise so a quieter room was preferred. There were 3 of us in one room. I've stayed at hotels where the closet was the same size as the whole room. It was very cramped the bathroom door and closet door are one of the same making it a bit awkward. They ended up giving us I'm convinced the noisiest room in the tower it was on a busy street with a bus line right below the room so was constant loud traffic. We would go back because we loved the location but next time I would insist on a room on the other side of the building. Staff seemed completely indifferent to the guests, in fact never once including at check out did anyone ask us how our stay was or for that matter even smile and make eye contact.
3 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
"Great Portland get away!"
excellent property. I really enjoyed the restaurant downstairs in the fire pits.
1 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2015
"Upscale hotel"
The restaurant in the hotel has an excellent happy hour. The bed was comfy, the room was quiet, close to everything. Would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
MB
Hotel is well located and staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The restaurant is great. The rooms are a little on the small side but very nice.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Rob
"Excellent location, clean rooms, valet parking"
The location was wonderful. It is within walking distance of many sights and shops in downtown Portland. The rooms were clean and the shampoo and body wash provided with the room were fantastic (a blood orange set from Italy). We did have a slight issue with temperature control in the room. The fan was set to 65F, but we could never get the room below 72F. Opening the small window helped, but one shower would quickly negate any temperature mitigation we had tried. If you are booking a room here, look for the ones that have free parking! I paid $10 extra to have parking included on my reservation. I'm thrilled that I did because parking is valet only and is $32/day.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
"One Person Rooms"
Bathroom: too small, countertop under-sized - not for a woman, toilet seat doesn't fit toilet - you sit on the toilet rim; TV remote doesn't work properly and there are not enough electrical outlets for your laptop, phone, pad, etc.
2 night business trip Mar 3, 2015