All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
515 Southwest Clay St, Portland, OR, 97201, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Modera in Portland"
Lovely space, quiet room, super friendly & helpful front desk staff & parking! Great food recommendations within walking distance.
1 night business trip Mar 14, 2015
Alia
Great hotel. Nice location. Friendly staff. Clean rooms.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"Stinky rooms!"
The room stank! The vent came on and it smelled like decomposed food. Then they moved us to another room and it had its own unique discussing smell. We just opened the window because we had plans for the night and needed to go. The room was nice but felt it was over priced.
1 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2015
"One of the best!"
It was one of the best hotels I've stayed at. I travel often and this was well worth the price and the location was great! I recommend this hotel to anyone. The staff was so friendly and helpful as well. I was very impressed!
1 night family trip Mar 15, 2015
Keneshia
"Modern style hotel downtown Portland"
Staff friendly and helpful... Beautiful patio for dining and drinks
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"Good hotel with a great restaurant!"
We had a lovely getaway. Pleasantly surprised by the location, the restaurant and the hotel in general. It was unseasonably warm the first day and our air conditioner seemed to be blowing hot air, but since the windows opened and it cooled off that wasn't a big issue. Thank you for a very enjoyable downtown vacation.
3 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
"Love the vibe"
Made it to my meetings refreshed and on time. Walk to appointments, and then to the symphony in the evening. I feel pampered when staying at Hotel Modera!
1 night business trip Feb 6, 2015
"another successful pdx stay."
Came down for a Blazer game. Hotel was surprisingly stylish and comfortable. nice restaurant bat on site. Limited parking, very.
1 night trip Mar 13, 2015
Jordan
"Needs a mirror in the room besides the bathroom!"
The Hotel stay was great! We had a little issue with noise coming through from the neighbors. The only MAJOR thing especially of you have women staying in your hotel was that there were no mirrors in the room. We were in the "accessible" room so maybe it might be different than other rooms but not having mirrors if someone was in the bathroom was borderline torture.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Nice place but double check your card charges..."
The hotel is a nice place and no complaints about the staff however once I got home and checked my bank account the hotel had over charged my card almost $600 in random charges ($148, $160, $50, $66.20...) for a one night stay? ugh nightmare to clear up with my bank and the bills that couldn't go through because my account was overdrawn. Many calls back and forth. Very frustrating. Finally the office manager cleared it up with my bank. This will definitely deter me from staying there again. Sorry hotel Modera.
1 night trip with friends Mar 8, 2015
erin
"Business traveler"
Good place but they had heat/av issues and the room was too warm. Also, and this is picky, but access to ekectric outlets was difficult. I checked in at midnight, and had to move furniture around in the middle of the to plug in my iPhone. It's 2015 for goodness sake!
1 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
gary
"In town to visit a friend"
Staff works very hard to meet your needs. I had trouble with the cooling system during my last stay. The hotel staff said it was due to the unseasonable warm weather. This indicates need for the hotel to upgrade the HVAC system to accomodate swings in weather conditions. One of my favorite things to do is to get coffee from the restaurant when it opens at 6:30 AM. It's a good strong cup and they refill for free.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
"Quality hotel"
Staff was polite and hotel was clean and modern. Nice stay. Location wasn't convenient since my goal was to walk around the city.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2015
"Great location but rooms are small and noisy"
Great location very trendy and the restaurant is top notch. We enjoyed the happy hour and patio for relaxing. Service was hit or miss however when we checked in we told the employee I was sensitive to a lot of noise so a quieter room was preferred. There were 3 of us in one room. I've stayed at hotels where the closet was the same size as the whole room. It was very cramped the bathroom door and closet door are one of the same making it a bit awkward. They ended up giving us I'm convinced the noisiest room in the tower it was on a busy street with a bus line right below the room so was constant loud traffic. We would go back because we loved the location but next time I would insist on a room on the other side of the building. Staff seemed completely indifferent to the guests, in fact never once including at check out did anyone ask us how our stay was or for that matter even smile and make eye contact.
3 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
"Great Portland get away!"
excellent property. I really enjoyed the restaurant downstairs in the fire pits.
1 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2015
"Upscale hotel"
The restaurant in the hotel has an excellent happy hour. The bed was comfy, the room was quiet, close to everything. Would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
MB
Hotel is well located and staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The restaurant is great. The rooms are a little on the small side but very nice.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Rob
"Excellent location, clean rooms, valet parking"
The location was wonderful. It is within walking distance of many sights and shops in downtown Portland. The rooms were clean and the shampoo and body wash provided with the room were fantastic (a blood orange set from Italy). We did have a slight issue with temperature control in the room. The fan was set to 65F, but we could never get the room below 72F. Opening the small window helped, but one shower would quickly negate any temperature mitigation we had tried. If you are booking a room here, look for the ones that have free parking! I paid $10 extra to have parking included on my reservation. I'm thrilled that I did because parking is valet only and is $32/day.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
"One Person Rooms"
Bathroom: too small, countertop under-sized - not for a woman, toilet seat doesn't fit toilet - you sit on the toilet rim; TV remote doesn't work properly and there are not enough electrical outlets for your laptop, phone, pad, etc.
2 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
ROBERT
I stayed only for one night and it was quiet, room was clean, bathroom also clean and I liked the kind of soap they use. At the Hotel restaurant I ordered their pizza of the day and it was delicious (Peperoni & Feta cheese)
1 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
"Excellent location, pleasant accomodations"
Lovely room, great location; unfortunately, room was overheated and a little stuffy because it was winter with no way to cool it down. Great staff, very good restaurant/bar, and excellent location.
Bruce
"snuck away"
Great place, great price, lovely weekend away!
Summer
"Great hotel for business travelers"
I love this hotel. Great location for my client visits, and a block or two away from the light rail. My room was immaculate, well appointed, and very quiet. Comfortable bed with nice bedding. I stay in 4-6 hotels a month and this would be one of my favorites for business travel. Compares favorably to hotels like the Conrad Chicago, and the best boutique hotels in NYC.
1 night business trip Mar 2, 2015
Matthew
Good downtown hotel. Close to a few good restaurants and coffee shops. Hotrl staff are friendly and accommodating!
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
Ardy
"Amazing!"
What a wonderful experience! This was our first time staying with The Modera, we usually stay with The Westin. I am so glad we gave this place a shot! Staff were all very helpful and friendly, they welcomed our dog, room and property were trendy and cute, not to mention a great downtown location. We will certainly stay here again on our next trip through Portland!
Keith
"For business travelers"
For a boutique hotel, the room was very basic.
2 night business trip Dec 16, 2014
"I hear voices..."
The hotel walls were paper thin - I could voices and everything else -through the walls. Woke up to sirens blaring outside. And we had the corner room!
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
Rhonda
"Great downtown location"
Staff was above and beyond .. Room was very hot to the point of being uncomfortable sleeping even with the window open.. Great location lots to do downtown
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Easy way to stay in Portland"
Interesting upgrade of what was (many years ago) a tired property. Owners have done a good job making this a comfortable spot. Outside seating area/bar with its fire pit conversation spots was very enjoyable and well used. Staff friendliness and responsiveness was the highlight.
2 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
"Great City Center location"
Absolutely wonderful. A haven from the hustle of the city. Everything was wonderful from the staff to the room to the food.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
"Great people. Good Location. That's about it."
Expedia lists Hotel Modera as a 4-star hotel. I have stayed in nicer 3-star hotels in metropolitan areas like New York City, San Francisco, San Diego, among others (and for less money). After taxes and fees, we paid an average of over $200 per night. That sounds reasonable for a 4-star hotel in a downtown area. However, Hotel Modera did not meet our 4-star expectations. The walls are very thin. We could hear everything our neighbors were saying, even with the TV on. We tried our best to ignore them but their conversations were so audible, it was difficult to focus on anything else. The windows also let in a lot of noise. This is expected to some degree in a metro area. We ended up sleeping with earplugs in. The door to the bathroom is a sliding door which doubles as the door to the adjacent coat closet. It was heavy and difficult to slide. You have to choose if you want the bathroom door closed or the closet door closed. My mother-in-law spent 2 nights in the hotel at the same time as us. She found cigarette ash in her shower. If housekeeping missed ash in the shower, you can only imagine what else in the room didn't get cleaned.
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
Aaron
"Modern, pretty, accessible. Would certainly return"
really a great spot
1 night trip Feb 22, 2015
Arjun
"Nice hotel in downtown"
Great place close to food and offices in downtown
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
AN
"Not nice"
Tv didn't work bathtub had issues staff was unconcerned service in hotels restaurant was a absolute joke would tell everyone to stay away
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
milton
"weekend getaway"
it was good, did not like the "hidden" fee for valet parking which by the way was 32.00
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
Patrick
"Bad smell; good hotel"
Swank design though our room smelled like orange-y Axe body spray. I'd stay there again because it's decently priced and close to good restaurants.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
"Small but nice."
The Hotel Modera is centrally located within easy walking distance to public transportation as well as the Keller, Pioneer Place and Pioneer Square. Even the walk to Powells bookstore was only 15-20 minutes. The rooms are small but clean and the price is right. The restaurant is good and the outside patio with large fire pits is lovely in the evening. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The entire 2nd floor is dog friendly although we saw no pets when we were there. We would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Jenny
"As always a lovely hotel"
I've stayed here several times and it's a fine hotel, had a bit of trouble with overheating in the room but otherwise a lovely and chic property
4 night family trip Feb 12, 2015
"Close to the University Campus"
Unfortunately, one of the neighboring rooms decided to smoke and when we returned in the afternoon our room reeked of smoke. Instead of moving us immediately, the day manager told us it was probably wafting up from outside (We were on the 5th floor), but she wouldn't fine us for smoke in the room! When we returned after dinner we discovered the smoke was coming from the vents in the room. The night manager moved us without question and had staff help us move our belongings. This is the solution I would have expected earlier in the day. Management needs to be better trained on solving these kinds of incidents. The rest of the staff was friendly and helpful. They were knowledgeable of the Portland transportation system and offered suggestion for local eateries.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Yvonne
"Nice and Clean"
Friendly staff and room was very nice, Parking is a pain if you dont pay the $30 for the valet, would be nice if they had an option for just normal parking besides valet
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
Brandon
"HOT"
The room was so not sleeping was almost unbearable even with the window open. Other than that, great place.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Nice place for Couples"
This is an awesome hotel. It is super comfortable and well located. Staff is very good. The rooms are small but very comfortable. There are a few problems related to the housekeeping and room wear and tear. Lots of scuffs and broken areas around the cabinet counter area. Housekeeping was hit and miss. One day did not put correct towels in the room. Another day forgot to refill Kleenex. Put a cracked glass out for us to use. Things like that should not happen in a room of this quality.
3 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Hotel modera"
The hotel is decent. They charge $32 to park your car, and we found out the hard way. There is open parking on the street which would have been cheaper. We rented a suite which was pretty cool. The shower had 2 shower heads, one fixed to the wall and one you could move around. Water came out of both, which made the water pressure kinda bad. There isn't anywhere to put your shower supplies besides the floor of the shower. My only other complaint was that there was no mini bar. Oh and the restaurant downstairs makes weird trendy food that you can't pronounce. The fire pits outside are amazing though. The valet people and front desk staff are really nice.
Katie
Lovely great place a little pricey but locatation is perfect
marshal
"Stay-Cation"
Our room was a little small but everything was wonderful.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Not worth the money."
The temperature was not adjustable in the room. Front desk and door man was more interested in my parking $$ than any service.
1 night business trip Feb 12, 2015
"Getaway"
Great location if you want to be downtown. Great staff that treats you well and makes you feel comfortable. Expensive but lots of amenities available.
2 night trip Feb 6, 2015
Megan
"First time in Portland"
Very friendly and helpful staff. Room was clean and comfortable but a little small. Nice neighbourhood. Close to the MAX line
2 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
This hotel is up to date and nicely located in downtown Portland. Its close to the theatres and there are several nice places to eat, including the hotel. The room was comfortable, clean, and quiet.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"It's okay."
Went to see the Opera and stayed here as it is only a couple of blocks away. It's pretty nice, though I feel that the price is a bit steep for what you get. Also, my lady friend who was with me left a dress there and room service offered to ship it if we payed which is fine. However they shipped it to the fed-ex store in Portland instead of two us. Meh
1 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015