All hotels in Houston, Texas, United States of America
12929 Northwest Freeway, Houston, TX, 77040, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9400

"not the best hotel"
The rooms aren't half as big as the pictures make it seem && its not worth the money. Might as well spend $10 more n get a nice room.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2015
"Baseball Tournament"
It was ok.
1 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
Jose
"Will not stay there again"
Bad Neighborhood. They did not honor the beds we had initially reserved on-line. Awful front desk service.
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Worst hotel we have ever stayed in. Room smelled like mildew.
1 night business trip Jul 17, 2015
Lula
Overall is was ok. Area wasn't the best but it was quiet that night no problems.
1 night romance trip Jul 19, 2015
Aubrey
"Really happy we choose this hotel."
It is clean and the rates are pretty good. We enjoyed our stay.
1 night romance trip Jan 21, 2015
Awesome place to stay
2 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
Roman
"Love it!"
it was great. front desk was awesome !
1 night trip Jun 6, 2015
Taija
"very clean room"
room was very nice and clean but no extras, no clocks in room, no pen or paper and for the price no breakfast.
1 night family trip May 17, 2015
"Wouldn't stay again unless desperate..."
The hotel was okay, at best. When we got there, it was well past check in due to a late flight. They did hold our room, and the staff was friendly enough, but seemed a bit bored. In comparison we drove home and stayed at a Best Western in TX where the staff was beyond friendly, still late at night, and helped us get food ordered, etc. Upon arriving in the room, the air was on, which was welcome, the towels are smaller than hobbit sized, and cover about 1/3 of your body, think Austin Powers handing a dish towel... The room was pretty clean, but the sheets had some sort of a makeup or blood stain on them, very small, but still, not comforting. At 2:00 am, you just go to sleep. The shower head had about as much pressure as popping open a capri sun on your head but not squeezing. Water was warm and easy to manage, but the pressure from shower was worthless. (A huge pet peeve of mine) However, everything else was fine, hotel was clean, room was clean, (minus the older sheet), and for being right off freeway access it was quiet at night. Sort of a pain to get in and out of the parking lot, etc, but I think better can be had for $70. The bathroom is VERY small...for comparison sake, I am only 5'8, and this place was cramped...To give my kid a bath was tedious as I had to sit next to the toilet, and door has to be closed to have more than 1 person anywhere in there.
Other trip May 20, 2015
BrT
"ONE ONE WAY FRONTAGE ROAD"
The road construction made it hard to get to and from the Motel due to the oneway frontage road. No free breakfast. Coffee was very good.
5 night romance trip May 10, 2015
CAROLINE
"No frills for small bills"
I found the room to be clean. Great television. Lots of channels.Pillows were very flat. WiFi speed was very very slow. I would only stay again if they increased the slow speed internet.
2 night trip May 11, 2015
"Very good for a budget hotel"
This place is a budget hotel so you have to keep that in mind. It is not the four seasons. I've been to many budget hotels and this is consistently the cleanest, quietest and most comfortable. No frills, but excellent basics. No problems checking in or out and I feel safe here. The clientele is working, blue collar folks, which is fine with me.
Other trip May 15, 2015
Gsanbrook
"very nice for the prive"
I like how the room was set up. Had kighyd over the bed, microwave, fridge and a big TV. Very comfortable for the price.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
anthony
"customer service bad"
Rooms were not clean. They also said on website they had roll away beds when we got in they said no. The neighborhood did not feel safe lots of homeless and pan handlers. We did not stay for the full stay. The front desk staff had poor customer service.
1 night family trip May 6, 2015
"Not What I was accustomed to from this hotel"
We were in town due to a ill family member. We reserved two rooms. Having stayed here before with no problems I booked without a moments hesitation. Upon arrival we discovered that the hotel was under renovations. We had requested a handicap accessible room.The Room that we were told was handicapped was in fact not handicapped but however was on the first floor and had parking lot access outside the door. The Second Room was on the top floor and when we got to the room the key card didn't work. I had to go down to the desk to get the key fixed I waited for 15 minutes before the attendant took care of me as he was checking in Foreign Guests. Needless to say I was not impressed with the Professionalism of the staff. If you are going to hire someone at least make sure they are confident enough to work the computer systems and knowledgeable of which rooms are actually setup for handicap accessibility before you schedule them to work solo. There is no Continental Breakfast as advertised (coffee only in the lobby). I would also recommend that your staff not wear street clothes and wear at least a red roof Inn Shirt and name tag.
1 night family trip Apr 12, 2015
"Not a nice place to stay with family"
Toilet did not work, they never had fresh coffee like some the other Red Roof Inns I've stayed in. people seemed to wander on the premises at all hours of the night. Night time Desk attendees didn't seem very interested in their job.
Other trip May 4, 2015
JG
"Great room"
Great corner room with a King bed. Very nice and comfortable .
2 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
"Decent for the price"
Decent hotel for the price.
3 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
"An excellent hotel if you are on a budget"
I've stayed here several times and have tried other low cost hotels in the area. I keep coming back and have come to realize this hotel is a very good value. As a low cost hotel, there are no frills, but the things that matter - like clean, quiet, comfortable.... this hotel has them. There is the typical element hanging around and I would not recommend it for a family on vacation, unless you simply cannot afford more. But, over all as a business traveler, paying for travel out of his own pocket, it is the best I have found. One gripe - forget getting a receipt printed from the front desk, they just haven't done it for me yet when I've asked.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"Too loud"
The air conditioner in the room was so loud i couldn't sleep, much less hear the tv. The maids would turn off the ac when i wasn't in the room, I would come back to a hot room. I stayed four nights and was only stocked for three. I was given two towels there was four of us. The elevator was horrible, it was hot and seemed like it would stall at any minute, also the hallways were hot. When taking a shower the water pressure was very low. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Happy stay at RedRoof Inn"
Good stay, nice staff. Will stay again. This is was our second stay, very pleased
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
jenni
"somewhat satisfied"
Hotels.com told me one price and when I went to the hotel it was cheaper ...so I'm hoping I received the better deal . I will know once I check my credit card.
1 night romance trip Apr 1, 2015
"As expected"
Went for an EDM event, didn't spend much time in the actual hotel other than to sleep and shower. There was a mini fridge, plus side! Staff was nice for the most part, other than questioning why I needed so many towels. I like to use fresh towels after every shower and I use two per, one for my body and one for my hair okay? Dang. The staff at night was nice too.
2 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
Samantha
"Clean and safe"
Basic large clean room, TV, desk, small dining table, firm bed. On I 290 but our room was quiet. Great for the price.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
JT
"nice room, but safety concerns"
It was very comfortable and our room had every amenity we needed for a great stay. Large fridge, big TV, microwave, plenty of plugs, comfy couch, and so forth. main complaint was that there were extremely loud and unruly people on the floor at all hours with doors open yelling across the hall. At about 2 am a drunken man started knocking on and trying to open our room door. We didn't feel that safe there and saw a lady being picked up outside of the lobby asking a guy for a "good time." Thankfully, security guards patrolled the place and made us feel safer. I'd give our stay a 3/5.
2 night romance trip Mar 17, 2015
Tara
"Second time here, better than last"
Second week in this hotel, second stay. I've come to conclude that different rooms make a difference. This time, the room was exceptional. Larger, cleaner, newer than the first stay. I've stayed at Hiltons that were not as nice. Maybe they are remodeling. Dead quiet, good room cleaning service, spotless. Loved it.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
"Better than expected"
For the price I wasn't expecting much. Upon arrival staff was courteous and prompt. There were WiFi issues in my first room, but was relocated to a new room and had no problem from there. The bedding does however need to be updated. In both rooms the duvet had burn marks despite them being non-smoking. Other than that though I could not complain about the location or condition.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
Carl
for the price we paid it was awsome , ONLY reason why I gave it a 3-4 on OVERALL is because I like to workout at nights and Red Roof didnt have a work out room . Other than that it was GREAT .I plan to reserve again in the future
2 night business trip Feb 27, 2015
jessica
"Short stay"
I had a pet with me and was impressed with the nice grassy areas in the back. It was rainy and he did not get muddy. It was also extremely well lit at night. When I came in Saturday night there was a security car parked at the entrance. Check in and out was speedy. I was very pleased.
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
I loved everything about my recent stay, I will stay there again!
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
"Northwest Houston"
Very clean and big room. Very comfortable. Will be staying there again.
1 night romance trip Feb 17, 2015
"No Major Problems"
Check in was fine and so was my overall experience. The room was very clean and comfortable, the water pressure in the shower could have been a little better, but everything else was ok. I would have no problem staying at this hotel again, I was very satisfied.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Miada
"Nice stay, central houston location"
I've stayed at 3 red roof inns in Chicago,DC and now Houston in the last three weeks. All had solid video streaming/fast internet which is important to me. I will definitely choose Red Roof Inn's from now on over similar chains.
4 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
Jonathan
"Room looks like what's on photos but. . ."
Hotel was under construction without warning. We almost got sick because of the paint smell. Location was ok, very near restaurants . . . It needs updating specially the front lobby. . .
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
martin
"Our visit this month was not up to par."
We have stayed at this hotel for a 3-Day weekend for the last 2 months, but this month experienced disappointments. When we arrived, the elevator was not working (but was repaired shortly thereafter). So we were assigned an exterior entry 1st floor room. The 1st floor ice machine did not work for our entire stay. The Internet did not work half the time. No coffee available the last 2 mornings. We enjoy our stays at this hotel chain in other TX cities - pets stay FREE! May try this location 1 more time next month and hope for improvements!?!
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"nice"
it was good experience
2 night business trip Jan 16, 2015
swapnil
It was nice but they need to do something about those darn roaches. Told them too many times.
1 night family trip Jan 13, 2015
Good value based on price.
1 night business trip Jan 12, 2015
"It was alright"
I come to this hotel regularly but the smoking rooms are usually in poorer shape than the non-smoking rooms which are akways pristine clean. The bed spread had three cigarette burns in it, they shouldn't use it again even though it is a smoking room. The sink was clogged and the floor needed to be swept. The hotel doors trim was freshly painted and had wet paint sign up.
1 night romance trip Jan 11, 2015
Mickey
"great stay"
Stay was very relaxing n comfortable
2 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
"Get away!"
Good stay!
1 night trip Dec 26, 2014
Alecia
"RedRoof Inn Rating & Review"
All in all ok. Pls add complimentary breakfast. Thanks.
1 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
"Very comfortable, clean & convenient!"
Room smelled clean, plump pillows, comfortable beds, & large fluffy towels. Lotsa light, nice & bright. Only disappointment was no microwave, refrigerator & coffee maker in room. A/C was not digital and could not figure out how to keep fan on to circulate air!?! Will stay here again & recommend. Great value for price.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
Roadwarrior
Experience was good and location was good too. There are plenty of restaurants nearby at walking distance. Security will be there at the parking lot most of the time. They have to improve on the restrooms. Restroom sink was dirty and once you do the flush you have to wait till 10 minutes before you flush 2nd time.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Great location & good value for price."
We like to stay at this hotel chain because they allow pets for free & hardwood floors are better than carpet. Room smelled good, clean & comfortable. Fluffy pillows with laundry room & vending on each floor. Interior entry so felt very safe. Coffee maker, refrigerator & microwave in room. Very friendly staff on every shift (we stayed 3 days.) Only downside was no continental breakfast (only coffee & tea in lobby). But a plethora of every type of restaurant nearby. Will recommend & stay again.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
Enjoyed our stay.
1 night romance trip Dec 7, 2014
jerry
"Not the best place to stay"
I have mixed feelings about my stay at this Red roof inn. As soon as my husband and I tried to pull into the parking lot there was a female arguing with whom I assume was her pimp. I think I seen two prostitues walking around. It took us forever to check in! The outside appearance of the hotel and the neighborhood do not look nice. The outside appearance in the picture looks much better. I guess they are trying to remodel the hotel because the hallways leading to our room looked a mess. But with all of this being said the room was nice. It looks just like the pictures:-) But I did make sure to lock the top lock. I know I will not stay at this place again.
1 night business trip Dec 1, 2014