All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here2375 Ala Wai Blvd, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice facility"
Nice facility and helpful staff. A decent breakfast buffet, but the selection seemed to be the same every day. Omelette bar, some basic eggs and potatoes. I'd like to suggest that the staff mix it up from time to time. How about provide oatmeal from time to time? Or provide fresh waffles and pancakes?
3 night business trip Mar 5, 2015
Patrick
"Hairy bathroom"
There was hair in the bathroom and bathtub.
1 night romance trip Feb 18, 2015
"Friendly, Superb Service with Aloha Spirit"
Such a warm welcome and wonderful people, from front desk staff to room maid were full of aloha spirit. Location is fantastic for the price, convenient walk to all restaurants and the beach. Really quick valet car service worth the fees. A special surprise was the hot foot bath and the hospitality suite so we could take showers after a day of golf and beach and before our flight back to the snow! The peeling paint and dirty fingerprints on the doors were the only negatives; it looks like they updated some things but not the paint. We had a balcony and a beautiful view of the Ala Wai Canal, the mountains and the golf course. Really enjoyed staying there and will consider staying there again--half the price of on the beach.
4 night family trip Feb 12, 2015
"Good Value!"
AC unable to keep room comfortable during the daytime hours.
1 night romance trip Jan 22, 2015
"Decent for the Price"
AC was unable to keep the room cool enough during the daytime
1 night romance trip Jan 21, 2015
"Nice people, Horrible hotel"
First we had to pay $21.00 just to park our car at the hotel with us for one night. The balcony they advertise is a 2ft landing outside the doors that barely has room for minaiture ramshackle furniture that makes it so you have no room to even stand or sit.Also the bed that was in the room was so uncomfortable my husband nor I could sleep on it and it was our wedding anniversary. Oh the walls are also super thin and the balcony doors didn't close all the way.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Tabetha
"Good Value Hotel"
We were staying in Waikiki for several days and needed a good value hotel. We found Waikiki Sand Villa through reviews. The hotel is very basic, but a good overall value. The rooms were clean and adaquate in size. They did mix up reservations and I had to deal with management to show I did have reservations when their computer system showed I didn't. It wasn't a big deal, but I would have rather have slept than deal with it. I would stay there again when in Waikiki. Pros: Great neighborhood. Everything (resturants, bars and beach) is within walking distance to the hotel. It has its own bar with food options. Many people staying at area hotels walk over because their hotel didn't have one. The hotel was clean overall. Cons: No street parking. Valet was available, though, for a daily rate of $20 with in and outs welcome. You had to have your hotel key inserted into the wall for electricty. That meant no air conditioning to keep the room cool while we were out. We just left the door open to get air flow.
3 night trip with friends Dec 30, 2014
Bryann
Perfect location and nice hotel. The only problem are the thin walls that make you hear everything from the other rooms.
6 night trip with friends Dec 24, 2014
Paolo
The hotel is in a great location and the staff were great. The rooms were clean and had some nice amenities (balcony, new flat screen, bidet), but the furnishings (beds, tables) and décor were outdated. Overall though, it was good.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Nice location"
The hotel is placed at a convenient location. Close to the beach and attractions.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Really Close to the beach"
We arrived about 45 min earlier than checking in and the hotel staff wouldn't let us check in which was rediculous. The hotel was walking distance to the beach and shops which was a plus. restaurant and bar in hotel very convient. One of the ladies in the bar of the hotel was extremely rude. Their were 25$ signs throughout the elevators for massages when we would call and try to get information about it no one could tell us anything. They didn't even know what the sign said. Very bad communication skills. Crazy right! Nice pool and jacoozie though!
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
noemi
"Tiana - Star of Waikiki Sand Villa"
Had a really bad experience trying to check in at another hotel right down the street, the gsm treated us so bad i'll never go back to that hotel. Plus side of this experience we met Tiana at the front of the house and she was awesome turned my experience around and made us feel welcome, she's a true star that deserves recognition for treating her guests special each and every time, thank you my dear for making me remember that there are people out there like you!! Waikiki sand villa i'm sure you know how great of an employee you have in Tiana!!! Wonderful room, great ambiance, exceptional staff.
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
Christy
"10% off coupon"
It seems like a scam when they give out a 10% coupon on your next stay and they count on you forgetting you have to book on their website and its more expensive.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"2nd time staying here"
Pleasant and enjoyable. The room was a bit tired on the paint, it seems that the rooms have been remodeled since the last time I stayed here. This hotel is one if the few hotels in Waikiki that still don't charge the Stupid resort fee and hope they never do.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
luna
"Excellent value within 2 blocks of the beach"
When I looked for hotels at Wakiki, this was among the least expensive so I was a little worried something might be wrong with it. I was very happy with it and plan to stay again on future trips. The room was quiet and clean, the staff is friendly, the restaurant is good, they have an in-house coin-operated laundry, and the wireless service was fast and reliable.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
"Villas Kinda A Castle"
I had a wonderful stay. Very, very clean quarters and pool area. The attached bar is actually quite affordable-similar to continental U.S. prices as opposed to expensive Waikki atmosphere. There is also a spa, but I did not take advantage of this opportunity. I play to return to the Waikki area at the end of March. I WILL stay here again.
5 night trip Nov 21, 2014
Ebony
"Comfortable, Affordable, and Enjoyable"
Waikiki Sand Villa is roughly 2.5 star, not so fancy, but is comfortable, affordable and enjoyable. The grill and bar has ok food, IMHO. The pool, hot spa, and hot foot spa are good. The staffs we encountered are all very nice. We booked a standard double room and we found it too crowded with two double beds, so we changed to a king size bed room, which is more spacious due to one less bed. The A/C is central type, not loud, and strong enough. We didn't use it much though, as it was not hot at all at night in Nov. The lanai is not huge but big enough. It holds two chairs and a small tea table all right, a good place to enjoy the night scene across the canal and golf course. The hotel sits three blocks from the waikiki beach, right in the center of waikiki shopping blocks. Right beside it is the somehow famous Makittii seafood buffet, which is ok but I would pass it next time. There's a good small pizza called "The Loving Oven" inside the Aqua Bamboo hotel, right beside the pool. We enjoyed that one twice. Few people, good pizza, nice surroundings, we loved it. Most other guest are Japanese when we stayed in the hotel. Mostly in groups. There's a laundry room on the hospitality level. Only one of the three washers works during our stay, though. Overall we recommend Waikiki Sand Villa for a comfortalbe, affordable, and enjoyable vacation hotel at Waikiki.
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
"Terrible hotel"
We had no air for 3 days. They kept changing is to 3 different rooms. Didn't know how to fix air. Was a sweat box the whe time. Beds were slightly ok. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
"Hot in Honolulu"
A 4-night stay for a long layover. Not a bad hotel (kudos to them for the free WiFi and no resort charge), but the air conditioning was terribly inadequate. Was miserably hot while trying to work in the room during the day and miserably hot while trying to sleep at night. They sent maintenance to service the AC after I complained, and then moved me to a different room when things didn't get any better. However, the new room was no better than the first room. Hotels in a hot climate need effective air conditioning. Will not likely stay there again because of this.
1 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
"Close to the strip"
The hotel was under construction during our stay. Staff were fairly friendly. We did not each much downstairs but when we did it was very dealicious! There seems to be more foreign people staying here but it didn't bother us too much. It seems as though the towels can get cleaned a bit more. The balcony that we had in our room was small but was big enough for us to relax. I think they should have a sign outside asking us to refrain from smoking. Overall good little hotel.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
Denise
"Reasonable rates. Close to Waikiki Beach."
Hotel was basic, but quiet and very clean. Pool was spectacular; quite a nice surprise. Two blocks from Waikiki Beach.... Just far enough from frenetic activity to relax. I would stay here again.
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
PC
"A"
Of course it's overpriced for what you get because everything in Waikiki is overpriced. The room was small but clean and fairly pleasant with a nice view of the golf course and canal. Mattress was comfortable. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Location was good, just a few blocks up from the beach and close to shops and bus stops. Buffet breakfast was mediocre and overpriced for what you got.
2 night family trip Nov 6, 2014
Valea
"Adequate"
Stayed here on a 2-day layover in Honolulu. Hotel is convenient to most everything in Waikiki. Not extravagant, but totally adequate. No resort fee like some other hotels and the WiFi has free. Breakfast buffet ($11.95) was marginal at best. There was some kind of work going on in the lobby while I was there, so it was a little noisy.
2 night business trip Nov 5, 2014
"Decent hotel"
The outdated hallways and rooms need some updating but all in all it was fine for a place to stay on a business trip. I wasn't happy about the $21 per day for the valet parking and the A/C didn't get the room cooler than 73. The breakfast buffet was pretty good and I had a nice view from my room. Would most likely stay there again if on a business trip. Good value for the price of the hotel.
2 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
"Suitable for Extended Stay"
I stayed for a week. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from Waikiki Beach, thus is not considered the very best location for the beach goers. But such fact is reflected on the room rates. What it has in its favor is Food Pantry (open 6 AM to 1 AM) is in the the next block. Also since is right on Ala Wai, you can enjoy walk along the canal half way into town (to Ala Moana Shopping Center, etc). The staff was efficient and helpful. One negative maybe the house cleaning. Some days when I came back to my room in the afternoon, I found the room not yet cleaned. I was told they operate on a priority to clean all the rooms that checked out that day first before they get to yours. So if you, as I did, find this inconvenient, be sure to instruct them otherwise. Another is the walls between the rooms are rather thin, so at night.. Aloha!
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
"Honolulu Getaway"
Nice proximity to everything we wanted to do.
2 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014
Janice
please get air fix ASAP!
3 night romance trip Oct 7, 2014
perry
"HOTEL FOR ACTIVE PEOPLE"
They were having construction so there was noise. The restaurant should provide room service, especially for disabled guests. The pool/spa were great in size and water temperature. Drinks should be available. Employees were courteous. Buffet was the same every day. Hotel is more for active people. Spa facility is good, but there is too much noise in the surrounding area. Room location was great towards the Ala Wai Canal. Store for buying groceries within walking distance.
7 night trip Sep 30, 2014
Lourdes
"Valet parking only! $20 a day. No self parking!"
They ONLY have valet parking which cost $20 per day!!!! They don't give you the option to do self parking so you have no choice! Plus it takes them so long to grab your car every time.
10 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2014
"all good"
easy going. handy bar
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
stan souza
"loved it"
My family and I came out and out of the 3 rooms we had on the island waikiki sands was the cleanest, nicest, comfortable and for a great price. We definitely recommend this hotel and we'll be staying here again.
4 night business trip Sep 13, 2014
Bobbi
Myself and my kids love staying at the Waikiki Sand Villa, we've been there a few times. I would like to mention that the A/C was warm, not comfortably cool like before. Please check the A/C.... Above all we loved are stay there!!!
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
jana
restaurant was amazing
3 night trip Aug 29, 2014
They were doing lobby maintenance and remodel looked terrible rooms were depressing not like what I expected
6 night business trip Aug 28, 2014
"Nice hotel within easy walking diatance of beach."
My room had a great view, was comfortable and well equipped. The hotel staff was professional and courteous. The breakfast buffet was a good value and convenient.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
"Decor out of date with popcorn ceiling but clean."
Price is reasonable. Love that hygiene thing attached to the commode. If you don't want to use the $25 hotel parking, use the street metered parking. Usually opens up at 7 am on the next street (25cents per 10 minutes). For overnight parking of $12.00 from 5p to 7a on that self parking adjacent to the hotel next to food pantry. Works well if you are not going to be there on the area all day and busy sightseeing.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
susan
"10th Trip to Oahu"
Excellent location! Bus stop at the corner, two blocks from King's Village. We were able to use the "Hospitality Room" as we had a night flight no time restriction!! The room had two sofas, internet, massage chairs, books, showers, all the basics to check out and relax for a few hrs until our flight (get the key at check out). Nice breeze as it is facing the ALA WAI CANAL. Only negative was the noise at night but is normal in Waikiki we got the 4th floor, nothing that you can't control by closing the balcony doors and using the AC. Hotel staff was polite. Rooms were very clean! The surfboard storage room was big. I will stay here again .
4 night business trip Aug 16, 2014
Lola
"Great location and friendly staff"
Away from hustle of main downtown area but away walking distance to great food, beach and activities. Zoo/ aquarium close as are many bus stops to Diamondhead, Honolulu , etc... Hotel is perfect for budget conscious without seeming cheap. Open air bar and grill is nice and staff all over hotel is helpful and friendly. Hospitality room for those who have to check out but don't fly until later.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
Felicia
"Hotel close to Waikiki"
We spent only 1 night in the area to check out Waikiki. The hotel seems old and room is simple but we like its location.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Trang
"Waikiki sand villa hotel"
It was a good hotel. You will have to pay for valet parking because there's no parking lot anywhere. There is, however, a parking lot in front on the hotel but it's cheaper to just pay for the valet. The only thing I hate it's that you need the card key to power the room.
3 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
"They're saving money too"
While the rate was good and check-in easy/pleasant, this hotel showed itself before I stepped into the elevator and onto cheap dirty carpet with some polyethylene liner showing at the the edges. One needs to have a room key-card inserted into a device to get TV and air conditioning. The temp was 77 degrees upon entering and 75 after two hours of trying to get the inadequate unit down to 70. I asked the (well mannered) front desk if there was a TV channel guide and was told, it's just basic cable -- i.e. "Why would you care"? Then there's the shower with inadequate spray. The bed, however, was fine and the room's looks-like-wood floor clean. I will stay somewhere else (perhaps for more money) next trip. I don't blame the staff but the ownership that appears to be saving every dime they can.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Robbie
"Guests"
There seemed to be more than a few people who enjoyed alternative lifestyles at this hotel. This was not ideal.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"Home away from home"
I was impressed to see that this hotel had laundry facilities, which allowed us to leave with clean clothes. EVERYONE was professional and friendly. The housekeepers greeted me each day with a "good morning", or "aloha", and a smile. If I ever return to Hawaii, I will stay there again.
4 night trip with friends Jul 23, 2014
Vickie
"Horrible!"
$20/day for parking! Valet is horrible and workers look miserable and don't even care much about customer service!! Never will I return, they even skipped a few days with cleaning our room and I had a toddler I needed it to be clean!!! They complained about me asking for extra towels daily and just rude overall!! Ten thumbs DOWN!!!
6 night trip Jul 8, 2014
Ana
"Clean hotel with basic amenities"
The hotel was clean. Pool was a bit small but well kept. Air conditioning was broken for one full night/day. When I called to ask about it, the response was not helpful and no apology was offered.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Tracy
"FRIENDLY"
Nice place and nice people's We will stay again.
8 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"Close to apartments."
An odd hotel at best. Room will not get cooler than 79 degrees. Have to leave room key in wall to get power in your room. You can rent free beach towels? Just not a place I would recommend. If it's the only place left I might go back.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
"Great place , short walk to everything"
Good place to stay , nice and clear. , the bar was great , close walk to everything
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
hayden
"2 blocks from the beach!"
Excellent staff. Very informative and extremely helpful. Renovations being done on the hotel and will look wonderful when completed. Had a wonderful time there with my granddaughter. Will stay there again next time we go to Oahu.
gail
"Not Bad For an Overnight Stay"
The hotel has a friendly staff. That confirms the other reviews I read before booking this. This hotel is still under going renovation when we stayed. It didn't bother me but this is a heads up just in case you are picky. The room we got was near the pool. It has a small kitchen with utensils. For those who want to save, you can buy from a nearby ABC store and cook breakfast or lunch. The toilet here is unique. It has a heated bidet. For its price, the location of the hotel is not bad. It's just a walking distance to everything...beach, restaurants, shopping malls, etc.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2014