All hotels in Santa Clara, California, United States of America
2499 El Camino Real, Hwy101 ex San Tomas, Santa Clara, CA, 95051, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

We used it for a business trip. Was able to get great rate and it was in a good location. quiet and cozy.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Rhonda
"We'll be back!"
We loved this hotel! Nice location, comfortable room and bed. Very clean and you can walk to local restaurants. Far enough away from freeway, no noise. Clerk was very friendly. Microwave, refrig, and simple, but nice breakfast.we will be back!
Response by Hotel Stratford
Thank you for your kind comments and 5 stars. We look forward to seeing you very soon
1 night trip Jun 5, 2014
"Convenient for a coolly all camp."
Covers the necessities, Breakfast is merely adequate.
Response by Hotel Stratford
We have added a hot item on our breakfast please come back and see us to show you what we have done with breakfast!! Thank you for giving us three stars. please try us again to show you we strive for five stars
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
"convienent location"
This worked out great for us. Easy to book and we had no problems at all.
Response by Hotel Stratford
Thank you for your kind comments and the 4 stars. We look forward to seeing you very soon
1 night trip May 31, 2014
whains
wasn't thrilled about the half used mouthwash that was left for our use.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
"well equipped; less than ideal location"
We were very satisfied with the room. Good size flatscreen; comfy bed; roomy with frig, microwave and good sized table. The neighborhood was marginal. Fair breakfast offerings.
Response by Hotel Stratford
Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you very soon
2 night trip May 24, 2014
Fred Ahboltin
Nice motel no complains much , good location right in the center of many stores and shopping centers. Good price as we'll.
Response by Hotel Stratford
Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you very soon.
Other trip May 27, 2014
isaac
"Not very clean, rather old"
Smelled musty when we came in. The carpet had sticky spots and mirror wasn't very clean. The TV was a nice sized widescreen, but the picture was formatted for a square screen. Breakfast wasn't worth going to. Toilet seat was not attached on one side.
Other trip May 23, 2014
Jan
"Good Place, clean, decent area"
It was a good experience. For USD 94 bucks I could not complain about the room. Liked it.
Response by Hotel Stratford
Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you very soon!
2 night business trip May 15, 2014
"OK for Silicon Valley"
The room was ok and nothing more than that. We were satisfied with the cleanliness but not overwhelmed by anything.
Other trip May 10, 2014
"Just right for our needs"
The roomy was spacious and laid out well. No complaints...
Response by Hotel Stratford
Thank you for your comment, and we look forward to seeing you very soon
4 night business trip Apr 22, 2014
"Clean and quiet"
Friendly staff, they were helpful when I needed something
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
"Great Budget Hotel"
I had to make a last-minute reservation for this hotel when my original hotel was found to be completely unsatisfactory in every possible way. The booking process was simple and the hotel is in fantastic shape (looks recently remodeled). The single king room was very large, well-lit, comfortable, and well put together. The only negative part of my stay was that the walls are unfortunately thin/under-insulated and I could hear my neighbors going at it like they were in the same room. That was a bit uncomfortable, but aside from than that one element of everything you can rate this hotel on I would highly recommend it.
1 night business trip Mar 20, 2014
Christopher
"Close to Winchester Mansion"
My friend and I went to Santa Cruz for my birthday and decided we wanted to go to Winchester Mansion. I found this hotel on Expedia and didn't realize how close it was. Very reasonably priced. It was amazing. The lady at the front desk was so nice and helpful. I would stay here again. The room was really clean and looked great.
Other trip Mar 19, 2014
Kitykat
"No Heater during the cold weather"
Heater was broken during the cold weather even though the power was seems to be on. So, you may want to bring some warm pajama.
2 night business trip Feb 26, 2014
"Good and Bad"
The good: 1. The room was large and comfortable. 2. The windows had inside shutters that added a touch of homey-ness 3. Lots of mirror, including a full length mirror. The bad: 1. WiFi was strength was very poor. Had to go outside to get better reception. 2. No towel rack by the sink. 3. No laundry services, no big deal. But when I asked for the nearest laundromat, they steered me to a place a mile away. When I went out for a walk, I found two in the neighborhood, within walking distance.
7 night trip Feb 11, 2014
Lu
"Clean hotel, comfortable"
Nice clean hotel for price. Very quiet-just room for the night.
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
Ruth
"buz"
Not bad
1 night business trip Jan 29, 2014
rog
"All was good."
Experience at this hotel was good. The front desk staff were very helpful and courteous.
Other trip Jan 24, 2014
LGarcia
"Conveniently located on a major thoroughfare."
We were only there for one night but all was satisfactory. We were able to get a good night's sleep.
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
dodmon
"just a strip-mall motel"
I booked this at the last minute. It's a strip-mall motel, definitely nothing special. Room was sizable. Had a desk (with grim lighting), and free Internet that was very slow. Bed was comfortable enough. Shower worked fine. Bathroom tile grout was all broken up, needed to be repaired.
1 night trip Oct 2, 2013
"great service"
the staffs/reception are great. They are nice, polite and always with smile. Breakfast is not bad. Great location
3 night business trip Sep 25, 2013
"Horrible"
Room smelled like sewer. Toilet was running water from water tank constantly, and to stop it every time after you use toilet you have to lift the tank cover to fix water from running. Door had chipped pieces of wood missing. Towels was not clean, neither bath tub. Outside of hotel area was very sketchy, not safe, I didn’t feel safe in the room. We checked in, went to the room, look around and decided to move out because for two nights I had to stay there by myself and didn’t feel safe at all. Front desk lady was on cell phone busy with her personal conversations and didn’t react on our announcement that we can’t stay in the place like this. Horrible experience.
3 night trip Sep 18, 2013
"Airport easy drive away."
Motel was full, but heard virtually nothing from other rooms. Day staff more friendly than night. Small, but adequate room. Overall quite good.
Other trip Sep 19, 2013
""Non smoking" room"
I picked a non smoking room, but clearly it had been used as a smoker room before since it smelled strongly of menthol, tobacco and whatever chemical is supposed to cover the smells. The staff is nice and the room was good for the price. It's an ok place to stay overnight, but I definitely don't recommend it if you are not a smoker.
1 night trip Sep 16, 2013
"Room had been updated, but was just plain dirty."
Glad it was a short stay. There was pop-corn under the microwave, fingerprints and sticky on the door and the inside of the microwave was dirty. The bathroom door was just plain dirty - on both sides and wouldn't close.
Other trip Sep 18, 2013
"Good for the price"
Not fancy but quite acceptable for the price. Economical place to spend a couple of nights. Clean and comfortable room, bathroom, and bed. Good maid service, friendly receptionist. I did not try their breakfast, so cannot speak to that. There was a mildly musty smell upon entering the room, but nothing else seriously wrong. This is near the Santa Clara Convention Center, and about 20 minutes to the San Jose Convention Center (where the hotels are ritzier and more than double the price.)
2 night trip Aug 20, 2013
Convention Center Attendee
"Good if you are on a budget"
I stayed here because it was 1/2 the price of the other hotels in the area. The room was very clean and functional. It had a coffee maker, microwave, and refrigerator. Buy your own breakfast - the free breakfast is cereal and milk. My biggest complaint is that the hotel has super power lights outside of each room lighting it up. It is good for safety, but hard for sleeping. I had trouble sleeping with the lights so bright outside of my room. They should invest in blackout shades for each room. Otherwise the hotel was clean and pleasant.
3 night business trip Aug 5, 2013
"Perfectly adequate for the price"
I rented the room a day before I needed it, and was somewhat worried because Hotel Stratford had the cheapest rates. But the room was perfectly fine as a place to crash for the night.
1 night business trip Jul 25, 2013
Jeffrey
The only thing I can fault is the breakfast - it shouldn't even be advertised. It pretty uch consisted of cereal or toast.
3 night trip Jul 17, 2013
"Met our expectation"
We were trying to find a place that would meet our need. We did not seek for luxurious one. This hotel met our expectation. It had everything we needed. Clean, quiet, .... Free wifi (it was fast enough). Free breakfast. Breakfast was not bad according to my standard. One caution: we tried to find the hotel using google map. We copied the address into maps.google.com. But it led us to a wrong place. We had to search around for 5-10 minutes. After asking a person at a market, we found the hotel. It was on the same street, but the street number was confusing. Strangely when we typed the address again to the google map a day later, this time the google map showed the right place. So just be careful. (Still I don't know what happened. :-) )
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
hhjej
"Excellent Basic Lodging in Santa Clara"
Although the ratings are low for this property I think they are unfairly low. Obviously, you can't rate a Motel 6 against a Hilton because the Motel 6 would always only get 1 or 2 stars. So I rate properties within the class of lodging that they fit into. For this one, I rated it 4 stars across the board because it provided all I expected and more for basic lodging at a decent price. The location is good with a bunch of other hotels in the same area. There's another hotel with restaurant and bar right across the street and other dining within walking distance. This property is well maintained and appears to have been renovated recently. The room was decent-sized with a comfortable bed and quiet air conditioner, which allowed me a good night's sleep after a tough day of work. Breakfast was OK and provided the basics; coffee, juice, pastries and cereal. Not a place you would take the family for vacation, but if you're a contractor like me looking for a decent place to get a night's rest and not have your work van broken into, then this place meets all the basic requirements.
1 night business trip Jul 17, 2013
Phil C
"Rude and Unfriendly female manager"
The hotel rooms are very small. The idea of putting a fridge and microwave is good, but the rooms are simply too small. The female manager acts like a prison warden when you ask for something, like for the tv to be fixed or the tub to be unclogged. She should be removed from her position if she is that rude and unfriendly. I will never stay their again based on her attitude alone. -Summer 2013.
5 night trip Jun 29, 2013
"Pet Room"
We stayed with our cat so we had a pet room. It was very nice with a big closet. The only thing wrong was someone had spilled hair color on the rug, but everything was clean and comfortable. We had a desk and a table which was great as my husband and I both were using our laptops. The bed was comfortable and the towels were very clean, white and soft and plush. We were very pleased. Parking was plentiful. We would stay there again.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
Great place, was pleasantly surprised at the accommodations. Will recommend to friends and family.Thank you Hotels.com
2 night business trip Jun 29, 2013
"Friendly, helpful hotel staff.."
Our usual hotel was booked due to weekend college graduation/activities.. So, we ended up here. It's on a busy, main road, next door to a Pollo Loco food chain. But, it was calm and could not hear any outside noise -so, not a problem. Girls at front counter are friendly and helpful, as is other hotel staff. The so-called 'breakfast included' was a big disappointment -can't totally blame the hotel..it was whoever was in there last. It looked like we just missed a fight or something! Food all over the floor, cereal spilled all over counter, and a broken chair on the floor. Didn't bother and went to a nearby Denny's..
Other trip Jun 21, 2013
Norma
"Working Trip"
Hotel was not what it looks in the pictures, rooms are on the small side and carpet need to be cleaned.The personnel on the other hand were very helpful and friendly.
2 night trip Jun 3, 2013
Renee
"Good Choice"
It is a nice hotel. The room is clean and the rate is ok.
Other trip Jun 6, 2013
"Awful"
Front desk agent was rude. Only on the 3rd time of asking to check in, did she change rooms around so we could check in a little early. The carpet was sticky in both rooms that were rented. There was urine on the floor around the toilet. The main A/C unit for the building was directly under my room, which made the floor shake. Would not stay here again. Would not recommend to anyone.
1 night business trip May 15, 2013
"Sufficient for sleeping."
Adequate room and facilities. Breakfast bar was bare-bones but sufficient. Had a little trouble finding the desk clerk on the morning of check-out. Surrounding neighborhood is safe to walk but graffiti-filled garage doors and fences down the alleyway adjacent to the hotel was not enticing.
3 night family trip Apr 18, 2013
"Close for my personal needs"
Room was adequate, staff was friendly, fairly quiet for being on a busy highway, continental breakfast was mediocre, and closet was filthy so did not put any of my clothes there.
6 night trip Mar 16, 2013
The room was nice and very clean. The complementary breakfast was very poor. The hotel location was great.
2 night trip Mar 15, 2013
"Don't know why others gave it such a high rating."
I chose the hotel because it had quite high guest ratings compared to other hotels in the area. It's definite in the 2 star class not 3.5 or 4 stars. In particular the breakfast was very underwhelming.
1 night business trip Mar 13, 2013
Barney
"close to 101"
Good Hotel would stay again.
1 night business trip Feb 28, 2013
"Not a bad hotel"
I sometimes have meetings near the area for work and this hotel was not so bad. When I'm in town for a meeting I often stay at this hotel if I don't want to spend too much money. I tried other hotels in the area and I was very comfortable and I felt safe here at this hotel. If you want to stay at an inexpensive hotel with ok emenities than the Stratford is for you.
4 night business trip Feb 12, 2013
Maree
"So Pleased"
I normally don't like motel rooms that open to a balcony, but this neighborhood wasn't seedy, and it felt safe. The cost was half that of the Biltmore down the street (my conference location). There's an awesome Chinese restaurant, Cooking Papa, right down the street (get the dessert pastry!) and a ramen restaurant that looked interesting. Lots of Korean restaurants too. The breakfast was in Room 101, which was pretty lame. Every time I went to get juice it would just give me juicy water. For the price, a great value. Cleanliness matters most, and that's exactly what I got.
3 night business trip Jan 22, 2013
"Nice Clean Hotel"
Nice clean room in a convenient location. Good experience overall.
1 night trip Jan 29, 2013
"OK for one night"
Good location but only a very basic hotel. Nothing fancy. We were very disappointed in the breakfast. Coffee was not worth drinking and the pastries looked a day or two old. Breakfast room was in one of the hotel rooms. Not really worth the money.
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2013
J Cabo
"Convenient location, clean & pet friendly"
The hotel is pet friendly which is great but the website did not mention any charges nor did they bring it up at check in. The poster was not easily visible on the desk. When I was checking out the receptionist mentioned that there is a $20/day pet fee if we ever came back. She did not charge me this time as she felt it was their omission. The stay was fine. Comfortable, had everything we needed. It is close to stores, pharmacy, restaurants, bank etc. The evening receptionist was very cheerful & helpful. The other staff were more distant. I did appreciate how the pet issue was dealt with.
Other trip Jan 18, 2013
"M-Godiva"
The Stratford hotel is a good hotel if you just want a nice place to spend a couple of night. I had to work in the area for a week so it was close to where I worked. The outside place seemed clean and not so scary. The room was clean and pretty comforable. There were a couple of bugs flying around but we manage to spray them. The bed was comfortable. The room was clean and I had a good night sleep. I did stay during Dec. 17-Dec. 24 and there were hardly any people around so it was nice and quite. I really enjoyed it when there were hardly anyone around.
4 night business trip Dec 20, 2012