All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
5500 28th Street SE, Grand Rapids, MI, 49512, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

"Nice, overall, with minor quibbles."
We were upgraded for free from a queen bed to a king! The hotel was clean, the staff were friendly. Our bed was much too firm, and the air conditioner was extremely loud.
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Every hotel in the area was booked up. I was a little skeptical about this hotel but I was pleasantly surprised. Room was clean. Had trouble getting in my room because door was sticking and lovely manager carried my stuff as we went to check it out. Even sent someone back up with toothpaste because I forgot mine. Breakfast was good. The area has anything you could want. I left at midnight to go get food and did not feel unsafe. Meijer right across the street. Pleasantly surprised (and I am picky).
Response by Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are so happy to hear that you had a pleasant visit at our hotel. Thank you for your kind comments. Come see us again some time!
1 night trip Jun 23, 2015
"great place for the price. we will come back."
We stayed in the hotle for my daughter's ice skating competition. 5 min to the rink, lots of stores and restaurants along the street. Hotel stuff are friendly. When we arrived there were no room left, so they upgraded us to King suits. We had very pleasant and comfy stay at this place. We will come back.
Response by Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about our hotel. We are happy to hear when guests have a positive experience. We can't wait to see you again!
2 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
There were ants in our room. The room was damp and musty smelling. I will not stay there again.
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
There were ants on the floor
Response by Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are always trying to improve. I am sorry that you had a problem with ants in your room. Unfortunately, this time of year, ants are an issue that many businesses are dealing with. We are currently working with our pest management system to make sure all our rooms remain ant free.
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Toni
"HOME AWAY FROM HOME"
CAME HOME FOR THE FAMILY JUST LIKE BEING AT HOME. EVERYTHING YOU NEED IS JUST UP THE STREET OR RIGHT NEXT DOOR. NEED ADVICE JUST STOP AT THE FRONT DESK THEY WILL POINT YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.
Response by Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so glad that you felt at home. Come back any time you're in town!
2 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
CALVIN
"Crooked outlet"
Did surveyvon best western site already. Basically plug in wall crooked and upside down. Faucet in tub turn to shoot out when on. Fan on ac motor loud about to break.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
GEORGE
"Good choice!"
Hotel was comfortable and clean and breakfast was quite good, with a wide variety of items. Staff were friendly and helpful. The location is great if you want to quickly get to chain stores, restaurants, etc. The hotel has some older finishes, but everything is in working order and clean. We'd go back again.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
"Ok Hotel"
It was OK for the trip, it seems that the room was to small.
3 night business trip May 21, 2015
"Lights"
Bathroom light didn't work although we requested several times to get it fixed the 4 days we spent there it wasn't fixed.
1 night family trip May 22, 2015
"too expensive for the price, i though i was going"
pleasure
1 night trip May 21, 2015
"Hotel across from Meijer"
Chose this property for the value. It is located on the far edge of town, by I96 and the airport. Clean and comfortable. Everything good.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
pies & cakes
Hotel ok, breakfast ok, pool closed 1st night open 2nd night but extremely cold. disappointing for the kids.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
"Disappointing!"
When we checked in we were informed that the pool and hot tub were closed for construction. We chose this hotel so the kids could swim. We were able to use the pool at a hotel across the street. Not very convenient, and not fun to return to our hotel wet and freezing cold. So disappointing!
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Given keys to a room already occupied. Pool closed with no notification. Breakfast marginal.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"close to freeway, airport and shopping"
nicer than we thought it would be, based on the reviews we read. beds were comfortable.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"One the best hotels me and my husband has stayed"
We had a care free experience. From making the reservation to check out was completely flawless. And for a couple our age that was key. When I heard my husband say; I like this hotel, it has a nice freshness about and its close to the main freeways. When we went out for diner we didn't have to get off of 28th street. Every place we wanted to go to was conveniently located. The reason for our stay at the Best Western was because we were celebrating our 35th Wedding Anniversary, and just wanted some alone time to ourselves. We only had the weekend so we felt that a road trip not too far from home and in a city that we had been in before; when our daughter was going to Western University was a better choice then driving to Chicago. We will be staying at a Best Western the next time we travel and for sure at this one the next time we are in Grand Rapids. One other accommodation was that you did not have to leave your floor to go to breakfast . Who knew! All we had to do was to get up, get dress and go down the hall a few steps, and there you have it, a full breakfast on the second floor. A perfect accommodation for us; especially me. We enjoyed our short stay, but hope to get a three day weekend the next time. We would certainly recommend Best Western to our family and friends. Eric, the young man that checked us in as well as the other employees were all very nice as well as helpful. thank you for this opportunity to express our comments. Mr and Mrs Walter L Davis
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Not as website advertised"
This hotel was booked solely on the website's pictures and statements of a new pool and a sauna. Meeting with a family member every couple of months, we sit in the hotels hot tub and/sauna and talk for hours. Upon arriving we were told the pool area was closed due to renovation, an empty pool with a ladder in it! When it was explained that the only we booked there was for the pool no offer was made to move us to their other hotel three or four miles down the road on the same highway or to make any adjustments. They felt their solution of using the hot tub in a hotel across the road was entirely acceptable. We could not go back and forth as usual and there being no place to change we would have toreturn wearing wet clothes in 30 degree weather. This we did not find acceptable. With their lack of concern in solving this problem I will not book with this hotel again. Also their breakfast buffet was subpar to other hotels. .
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
"Barking up the wrong tree"
It is very important to repair the back entry door lock. This lock was broke which allows anyone to enter without being noticed. Also, the continuous dog barking down the hall was very annoying even over the television. This issue is very important to those of us who are there for rest. Other than these two issues, staff, you were awesome! Our room was clean. Breakfast....... Best I've experienced at any hotel.
2 night trip Mar 13, 2015
"Great value and location"
Let's start by saying the hotel staff is responsive and friendly. Unfortunately, I got to know them well. Reserved a King, but only had a double available. Pool was empty when I arrived-filled over night but was freezing the whole weekend. Room did not have a remote control, but staff brought me one quickly. Internet was down first night-staff discovered that passwords were now required and failed to tell guests. Staff was vacuuming at 10:30 pm in my hallway-but one phone call put an end to that. Room was comfortable and pretty clean. I found empty shampoo bottles on the top of the shower, but everything else was great.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
50 states
"Convenient"
Stayed here for work & it was ideal. Close to the Confrence center & fairly quiet. Only downfall was the work out center wasn't quite equipped, but there were renovations going on. I would stay again as the price was reasonable.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
erin
"Near airport"
The hotel person was vacuuming at 9pm near our room which was near the pool We had a 5:40am flight and checked the night before that we wouldn't have a problem with their shuttle service. We were assured there would be no problem. We got to the front desk and there was no one to take us to the airport. The person tried calling a cab but it would be an hour wait, called a near by hotel to see about their shuttle and was told they would be there shortly and no one ever showed up. Because of Winter we got to the airport. Very poor way to run a hotel.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
Bev
"clean rooms - but no hospitality."
The sidewalks were not cleared. Breakfast area was overloaded and extremely busy. The breakfast was shutdown right at 10 am with no exceptions to the number of guest still waiting to eat.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
"Best Western review"
The parking lot was is terrible shape, with all parking spaces Icy and snow covered.
1 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
colleen
"Our Stay in Grand Rapids, Michigan"
Check in was a breeze. The restaurant next door stayed open until 12:00 AM and served wonderful food. The room was clean although very cold, then too hot. The thermostat was not quite accurate. The bed was clean and comfortable. We did not appreciate the maid service knocking on our door at 9:30 when check out was at 11:00. We didn't believe we should have had to put out the do not disturb sign since we were getting up at 10:00. The maids knocked 3 different times until my husband put up the sign. But overall, a very good experience.
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
"nice place to stay"
it was a nice hotel. they gave us a free upgrade. it was a clean room with a nice staff and a nice location with food and other places near by
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Good experience"
We stayed at this hotel so the kids could go swimming. Pool and hot tub are in great condition. Hotel is huge and being remodeled, so construction is going on during the day. Room was comfortable and clean.
1 night family trip Feb 12, 2015
Jeffrey
"overnight stay"
We arrived to find our room had not been reserved as hotel.com promised. The staff at the hotel responded very well, stating this had never occurred before. The issue was resolved and I was assured that I would not need to pay twice. I was then told to contact Hotels.com myself to make them aware of the issue.
1 night business trip Jan 27, 2015
Maureen
"Double charge"
Double charge on room Payed Expedia to reserve room. Best Western needed Credit card on file and then charge that credit card two days later charged that card Take into account I paid Expedia a week before my stay So no I would not recommend this hotel poor management
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
Double Charge
Staff was very accommodating in finding adjoining rooms. Rooms were very comfortable.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Martin
"It was freeziing cold and the bathroom was dirty."
This is the worse experience I have almost ever had at a hotel. I called for directions from the airport and the person at the front desk could not give me any. The first room I was given was freezing and the window facing the courtyard was open and would not lock. There was no extra padlock on the door, it was broken. I asked for another room. This room was also freezing and while there was an extra padlock on the door, the window also did not lock. The bathroom was only marginally clean. I will never stay there again.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
Anne
"Met our expectations."
Could use a little longer shower curtain, hard to keep the short one in the tub. Nice place, restaurant next door is convenient.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
"nlce hotel"
quiet and clean even when bus load of girls showed up at same time we did never new they were there breakfast was good for continental would stay again
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
"Nice Motel in a great location"
I stay in this motel once a month and I have not found a better place in Grand Rapids. Great place in a perfect spot.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
Roger
"Close to my meeting."
Hotel shows it age, tired looking. The refrigerator made a thumping noise so it was turned off. Did not find a channel chart for the TV stations. No light turned on when entering using the switch at the door.
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
Dennis
"Has really gone down hill"
We have stayed here several times in the past but this will be our last. This place has really gone down hill and there are probably a dozen other hotels within a mile of here. At check in they did not have our reservation. Although the staff, including the general manager, were polite, they did not go out of their way at all to fix the situation. We had to wait in the lobby for 20 to 30 minutes before we could check in while the desk clerk tried to get ahold of Expedia even though we were told there were plenty of rooms available. The hotel really needs maintenance. The pool was out of order and closed. There was rain water running into the hallway through one of the doors and was blocked off. Our room was ok, but nothing special.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
AB
"Great Staff"
Even though all staff were new, including the manager, they did an exceptional job. Our first room was being renovated but wasn't listed correctly in the computer. They were able to get me another room quickly and apologized for the mistake. There was also a problem with billing because I paid online through an agency, but they were able to figure it out and get me the correct rate. The room was satisfactory and was as expected.
"Short stay in Grand Rapids."
We were with a conference group. We arrived on Friday and checked out after breakfast Saturday. We had no time to try the amenities, but the pool looked very nice and there was a laundry room on our floor. The breakfast had nice choices, but the single server was overwhelmed with our group. We kept running out of coffee, eggs, fruit and seats. They opened another room, finally. The bed was very comfortable.
1 night business trip Oct 24, 2014
"Best Western Wasn't The Best."
I don't usually complain about hotels, but I was a little disappointed, with my stay at Best Western. Overall, the hotel was very nice. The pool was wonderful, and my daughter and I enjoyed swimming there. The continental breakfast was the best I have ever had from any hotel I have stayed at. On the downside, we found a dead ant on our bed. Only one machine out of four worked in the gym. Lastly, the sauna was broken. Overall, I did enjoy my stay here. Just a few minor incidents that surprised me, for being a Best Western Hotel.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Susie
"Don't waste your time or money"
It smells old and musty. The beds are not comfortable. The front counter personnel was mistaken on continental breakfast time, so we missed that. The bathtub didn't drain properly, standing in ankle deep water by the time I was done. After I got out, the tub then leaked onto the bathroom floor. The bathroom floor hadn't been swept. All in all, spend the extra few bucks and stay down the street.
1 night trip with friends Oct 9, 2014
Sara
"Mediocre at best"
The best thing about this hotel is the location being near the airport. I requested 1 king bed and got 2 queens. The pillows were horrible. The bed sheets were wrinkled. The water drained very slowly from the tub so I was standing in water throughout my shower. The shower faucet spun around 360 degrees making it difficult to find just the right spot to turn it off. The bright spot was breakfast. Very good breakfast.
1 night trip Sep 23, 2014
One of the nicest rooms we have stayed in in Grand Rapids
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"Anniversary getaway"
This was going to be our thrid anniversary present to ourselves. A night out of town with no kids. We get into our room and the tolits running problem 1. None of the power outlets on the west wall worked problem 2. The hot tub half worked problem 3. The handle for the water controls for the shower was broken problem 4. All in all not very romantic and was very happy to go back home
1 night romance trip Sep 6, 2014
Molly
"Needs updates!"
You get what you pay for! Need better room cleaning staff, would be better if they check the work the room cleaners do! Also our room needed updates so bad especially the bathroom. Chips in tub, dark, wallpaper awful, sooo needs updates! Staff was nice and helpful. Good location to stores and restaurants. Beds were nice and comfy. Grounds need to be spruced up. Hotel needs some TLC. Liked microwave and fridge.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
connie
"Convenient location. Courteous staff?"
Staff was able to accommodate our very late arrival. Online booking was convenient and was ready when we arrived. Hotel remodeling caused some unsightly areas. Minor problems with room--temperamental light over sink and several non working TV channels. Excellent complimentary breakfast. Courteous staff. Location was convenient to highway and DeVos children's Hospital.
1 night trip Aug 27, 2014
The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. There was some work being done in the hotel but our room was still clean comfortable and quiet.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
Friendly and efficient
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Efficient and convenient"
It was a fine experience. When everything goes smoothly with no concerns, that makes for a delightful stay.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Close to airport"
I was disappointed that we did not have a handicapped accessible room when we requested it through Hotels .com. None was available once we arrived. There was a fire drill in the middle of the night so lost 2 hours sleep. The pool, hot tub and sauna were filthy. The air conditioner in our room was noisy and was either cold or hot no in between. The freezer in mini fridge needed defrosting badly. Room was clean, no bed bugs, service personnel friendly, helpful and lots of work being done on an obviously worn and old motel.
4 night family trip Aug 9, 2014
Silvercloud
"Schroeder stay -8-11-14"
The refrigerator was broken-someone cam and removed it and left in hall outside of our room. It was not replaced. I had a do not disturb sign on the door and Housekeeping still knocked on the door several times. The hallways were not clean. Previous guests had written with fingerprints on window sills "wash me, clean me) in very visible areas.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014