All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
5500 28th Street SE, Grand Rapids, MI, 49512, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

• Bar
    Bar is awesome
  • Wellness
    Sufficient wellness & sports facilities
    Ordinary pool
Air conditioner noisy.. keeps going on/off. Inturrupted sleep. These units should be outside the room.
1 night family trip Jan 19, 2016
asima
"Worst stay ever."
Will not be staying again and it is a shame because we have stayed there many times. Makes me sad because it is so convenient to the airport. Looking for a new place for the next time
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2016
"Horrible Hospitality"
The hotel staff and there follow through with polices were horrible. There was a group at the hotel the weekend we stayed. The smell of weed was covered through the hotel. The staff told us there was nothing they could do because they don't know if they had a medical card or not to smoke weed however we had to go outside to smoke cigarettes. My daughter was racially harassed by another guest. All the hotel did was give us an extra hour to checkout. The pool water was freezing and hot tub wasn't very hot or deep. The pool had tons of ppl under the age of 18 acting like fools most of the time. Will NOT return to this hotel.
2 night family trip Jan 15, 2016
Bryan
"will be back."
Hotels.com took minutes to set up a great room and saved some $. Thanks.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2016
We just stayed overnight after flying home from overseas. The beds were very comfortable & gave us a great nights rest before having to drive home the next day.
1 night romance trip Jan 8, 2016
"Hotel was fine"
I was not happy with Hotels.com. My first or two night reservation was not with the hotel properly and I had to pay a higher rate than what I booked with Hotels.com. The 2nd night reservation was correct but not the first.
2 night business trip Dec 8, 2015
Russell
I like it alot
3 night family trip Nov 26, 2015
Jorge
"Could have been better!"
Our room was not cleaned and the maid actually blew my daughter off. This was 3 moms and I had paid for this weekend for them to get a break...didn't offer any kind of break but did write down the complaint.
2 night family trip Oct 23, 2015
Joy
"Grand Rapids Best Western"
The room was very clean, the beds very comfortable with plenty of pillows. The internet worked well. The breakfast was quite good. Only one complaint....the television got very few stations (Dish Network) and a number of the channels that it did "receive" were quite fuzzy and unwatchable.
2 night family trip Oct 8, 2015
"Last resort"
Front desk staff needs to work on their customer service; hallway was so heavy with bleach the first day, that my throat was burning; my room had knats that just wouldn't go away; furniture and beds are dated; walls are thin, you can hear everyone and their tv's in other rooms; never attempted breakfast, decided to buy outside. I only stayed here b/c it was a last minute booking and my usuals were booked.
Other trip Oct 10, 2015
"Good value. Courteous staff"
One night stay. The room was very clean. Staff friendly. Pool and hot tub very nice. Only had two issues. TV picture was horrible. Not HD. Not a big deal for one night. Asked for extra 30 minutes to check out and was told they don't do late check out. First time I've ever been denied. Overall though a nice place
Response by Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
Kevin, I'm so sorry that you didn't get an extra 30 minutes for check out. I'm wondering if we were sold out that day. Thank you for bringing the TV issues to our attention, we are working with our Satellite company to get that resolved. We are pleased to hear that you were overall happy with us!
Other trip Oct 7, 2015
"Nice place."
My only complaint was the channel selection on the TV. It was horrible.
Response by Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
Natalie, Thanks for the overall great review! We are working with our satellite to resolve our TV issues. We hope you'll come stay with us again!
3 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
Natalie
Room light when you enter door isn't working, there were tiny bugs crawling on floor next to bath tub. Receptionist who checked us in also mentioned that she won't put credit card on hold if I hand in $100 in cash, but I preferred not to because I never heard of such thing.
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2015
Maria
"not completely satisfied with this hotel"
no to satisfied with the website policy, I found out that special price was given to customer visiting the ArtPrize and of course I didnt get it, that was the reason for my visit... and also no AAA discount was given even do they have it advertising in the front desk. I reported the toilet not working properly and was never fixed. the shower head was broke and was been hold by a plastic bag. The halls smelled like smoke.
2 night trip Oct 2, 2015
"Good in a Pinch"
Hotel itself was okay but the free breakfast was hardly worth mentioning. One poor woman trying to keep up with dozens of people eating Sunday breakfast meant that they were constantly out of EVERYTHING. Ended up having to wait 15 minutes for coffee. The buffet ran out of juice, coffee, bread products, eggs, flatware, plates. Very sad.
Response by Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
Debra, Sorry you were underwhelmed by our free breakfast . We do strive to provide a great breakfast, but sometimes when we get a large group of people in eating, it's hard to keep everything stocked and ready. We'll definitely work on that!
1 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2015
Debra
Just needed a place for the night. It was clean and comfortable. The TV itself was a nice new model, but the cable was fuzzy and standard definition. I know this was probably an isolated situation, but the people in the room next to me were loudly fighting with and screaming at one another at midnight. Someone else then was singing and whistling at 6:00 A.M. Odd.
Other trip Oct 6, 2015
Kyle
"close to family for weekend visit."
Reserved this room 1 week ahead of visit. Handicapped room only available without tub.
Response by Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel! Our prices are all over depending on if you reserved online or had a special group or negotiated company rate. Most of our guests do just pay the AAA or AARP rates.
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
"Decent hotel"
Decent hotel, not exceptional and not terrible either. Our expectations were met. Right off I-96, easy to get to and a Meijer grocery store across the street. It was the guests that were obnoxious - hockey parents and kids. Loud and rude, propped the outside back door open all night for both nights we stayed, monopolized all common areas, left trash in halls, didn't watch kids in the hot tub, entitled behavior galore.
Response by Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
Karen, I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel for the most part - and sorry that our other guests were a problem. We received many complaints from guests outside of our hockey group. I hope that you have a chance to come back some time when a hockey group isn't at our hotel so that you can actually enjoy your stay!
2 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
Delightful
Response by Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
We are delighted to hear that your stay was delightful! Thank you so much for your wonderful review!
1 night trip Sep 20, 2015
"Room was not safe!"
Room was not secure. Windows were not locked and were open to the balcony. I went to the front desk and they gave me a new room. Again the Windows were unlocked and open to the balcony. I left the hotel and did not stay.
Other trip Sep 23, 2015
"Great service"
Staff was courteous and always smiling and helpful. Breakfast was good but could have been warmer. Room was clean and so were the hallways. We will be back
Response by Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
Larry, Thanks for taking a minute to write such a nice review about our property! We are so pleased to see that our staff met your expectations! I've addressed the breakfast (being warmer) with the breakfast staff as well. We're working on that! We hope to see you again soon!
2 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
"Good basic hotel"
I was pleasantly surprised in the quality of the hotel based upon its price. It was a very basic hotel with limited amenities but it was absolutely clean and pleasant. Hotel staff were accommodating, however I had no special requests and did not ask anyone to go above and beyond. Breakfast was ok, about on par with the typical "free" breakfast with similar chains, although a bit light on fresh fruit for me personally. The room had a fresh smell and was well cleaned. The mattress and bedding were in very good shape and it was a very comfortable night spent. This is not a luxury hotel but it left nothing to be desired for a one night stay. I would not hesitate to stay in it again if all that I needed was a few hour visit or passing through. I was quite happy to have spent the extra $20-25 over the price of the lowest cost hotels in the area.
Response by Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
Tony, We are so pleased to see that you enjoyed our hotel! We really appreciate you taking a moment to let others know that we hit the mark on customer service and our basic amenities. We hope to see you again soon!
1 night family trip Sep 18, 2015
Tony
"Pleasant"
The room was clean and relaxing. No History channel though. The meijer across the street is very convenient.
Response by Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
James, Thanks for taking a minute to write us a positive review! We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay for the most part. I agree, the History channel would be the icing on the cake! Have a great day!
1 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
"Use Your Deadbolt!!"
Hotel and room were clean and in good condition except for our door which we had to get maintenance to show us the trick to opening. The guy at the desk remarked the last guests had the same problem so I wonder why they didn't fix it? Apparently there was a mix up about which room we were in as someone walked into our room unannounced then immediately walked out at midnight. Gave us quite a start! The front desk called right after to verify who was in the room and said the unwanted visitor was from maintenance. If there is even a slight doubt as to whether the room is occupied wouldn't it be best to knock first? I was also a little put out about the $50 deposit I wasn't expecting because the room was prepaid. I have stayed in lots of hotels and this was the first time I have ever encountered this. The money was refunded when we checked out before they could have known whether ant damage was done or not so what's the point? A credit card was on file that could have been used to charge. I paid with a debit card and was on a tight budget so this unexpected fee was a major inconvenience! I will say the staff was friendly for the most part and the place was clean but for the price I expected more. We won't be staying here again.
Response by Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
I'm sorry for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. You're right about maintenance knocking first! I've addressed those issues with the maintenance department. The deposit is standard at our hotel with all of our guests - many of our sister properties actually require $100 - $200 deposits. I'm pleased to hear that the hotel was clean and in good condition.
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
Cynthia
"sdot"
They are horrible i will never book them again
Response by Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
Shanika, We are sorry to hear that you weren't happy with your stay with us.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2015
shanika
We were in town for a wedding. The hotel was convenient and close to the freeway. Breakfast was good. There was a traveling soccer team staying there at the same time so there were a lot of kids in the pool. Second night we went to the pool around 11 pm. It was a total mess. Wet towels all over the place and no clean ones available. Plus there was trash in the pool. Obviously, people who couldn't pick up after themselves or unsupervised children. Hotel staff could have been more on top of that.
Response by Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
Thanks for your response and for the good review! I've addressed the pool issue with my groundsman who are supposed to be cleaning up after the kids and making sure that the towels are picked up and restocked. Thank you for bringing those issues to our attention!
Other trip Sep 4, 2015
The first time we stayed there, the room had problems. The sink was clogged up, radio alarm didn't work, door didn't close right. There was a gap. We called the desk but nothing was done. Five days later, when we stayed there again, the bathroom floor was really slippery, like someone sprayed it with furniture polish. We told a custodian but nothing was done. The faucet in the bathroom leaked from the base when you turned the water on. The rooms were clean.
1 night trip with friends Aug 23, 2015
Darlene M.
"Better than expected"
The room was clean and comfortable, and had obviously been recently renovated. It included a king size bed, a large jacuzzi tub, flat screen television, mini fridge and microwave. The bathroom was very clean and well maintained. The rating online was 2 out of 5 stars. I would rate it much higher. I was able to book through Hotels.com and got a fairly good rate.
Response by Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel so positively online. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you in the area again soon!
1 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
Jo
"It's OK for short stay"
the front desk crew are nice, nothing special for the breakfast, love the 9 feet deep swimming pool, unfortunately it is dirty, the kids found some chewed gums in the pool, they just cancelled their swimming :( too hot in the pool's room, the laundry room is too small, old & annoying washer, dryer is OK, room is clean enough. Overall is OK condition for short stay
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
bsackd
"THUMBS UP!"
Room was very clean..a bit small but very warm and inviting.
1 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
"Just be aware"
I was very pleased with the stay overall. Do be aware that the hotel will bill you $50 on your card even when the room is prepaid. It will take a few days to come off. If on a tight budget be aware. The sink was very slow draining and the lock on the door worked very hard but they did write our concerns down when we checked out. The staff was very pleasant and the pool was nice.
Response by Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
Hi Melissa, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We do authorize $50 on each guest's card for incidentals, and realize that this does tie up your funds for a few days. Some hotels take $250 for incidentals! Unfortunately, with all of the guests who still choose to smoke in our hotel or cause damage to our hotel, we do need some kind of collateral. Thank you for alerting our incoming guests of this authorization as well! We're glad that you did enjoy your stay for the most part! We hope to see you again!
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
"Safe place to stay for single women travellers"
I stayed here twice on my way to another event. It felt like a safe place and nice to have breakfast in the morning. The second time I came, they had some snacks cooking for guests, which was great, too. They will take you to the airport for free, you just tell them when you need to go and they are ready.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
Kirsten
A new a/c unit had been installed in our room before our arrival and it was leaking. The maintenance man happened to be in the hallway when we arrived and showed us where the carpet was wet (very wet). When we left in the morning as I was dropping off our room key, I mentioned the wet carpeting and the conversation I'd had with the maintenance man and the motel receptionist told me it was a good thing I mentioned it because they would've charged us for the damage! I was seriously offended because this leak and water damage should've been noted before we even checked in. I wouldn't recommend this motel for this reason.
Response by Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
So sorry we dropped the ball on not seeing the water issue in your room. I'm glad you brought it to our attention.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
"Fraudulent $50.00 charge"
The hotel was nice and the staff were courteous. However, my credit card was flagged by Visa for a fraudulent $50.00 charge from the hotel. This caused an issue because my credit card started being declined by other merchants until I called the card company.
Response by Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
Our $50 deposit is an authorization for incidentals in case our guests smoke in or damage our rooms. All guests are required to make this deposit. It releases as soon as you check out of the hotel. All of our sister properties require deposits of $100 - $200. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
"Night in Grand Rapids"
The front desk staff was very friendly and the room was spacious with a comfortable bed.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
"Boogie nights"
I was put into a room, while laying there my arm scratched something..turned out to be harden snot/boogers. Called the front desk I walked down to the lobby she moved me next door and there when I climbed into bed I found dried blood. Location was easy to find
Response by Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
We apologize for the gross surprise you found on your sheets, and appreciate your humor in the title of your review! We definitely dropped the ball when it came to cleaning your rooms, and our housekeeping staff has been 'refreshed' since your stay.
1 night business trip Aug 3, 2015
"pleasent stay"
Room was clean. Staff was very friendly.
Response by Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
Thanks for the great review! We hope to see you again!
3 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
"Overnight Stay"
The hotel was o.k. Kind of far from downtown. The room was kind of small - not what I expected and it smelled like cigarette smoke and the hotel charges $200 if you smoke in the room, so we told the front desk about it so we wouldn't get charged. We overslept so missed out on breakfast. However, there is a very good restaurant right next door. The pool area was nice but very crowded, especially with kids. All in all, it was fine for one night but probably wouldn't return.
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
"Convenient to Airport"
Very positive experience and the full breakfast was definitely a plus. The one negative however is as an airport hotel they should provide shuttle service until last scheduled flight arrives. I arrived at 11:58pm and told driver had gone home.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Bradford
A/C needed to blow away from the bed, too cold for anyone sleeping on that side of the bed. TV reception was not good.
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2015
michael
the air conditioner wasn't cooling well. We called front desk and they sent maintenance who just cleaned filter. Still didn't work well. Other than that everything else was great! Nice staff, Ber accommodating and good breakfast spread.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Tiffany
"Nice, overall, with minor quibbles."
We were upgraded for free from a queen bed to a king! The hotel was clean, the staff were friendly. Our bed was much too firm, and the air conditioner was extremely loud.
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Every hotel in the area was booked up. I was a little skeptical about this hotel but I was pleasantly surprised. Room was clean. Had trouble getting in my room because door was sticking and lovely manager carried my stuff as we went to check it out. Even sent someone back up with toothpaste because I forgot mine. Breakfast was good. The area has anything you could want. I left at midnight to go get food and did not feel unsafe. Meijer right across the street. Pleasantly surprised (and I am picky).
Response by Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are so happy to hear that you had a pleasant visit at our hotel. Thank you for your kind comments. Come see us again some time!
1 night trip Jun 23, 2015
"great place for the price. we will come back."
We stayed in the hotle for my daughter's ice skating competition. 5 min to the rink, lots of stores and restaurants along the street. Hotel stuff are friendly. When we arrived there were no room left, so they upgraded us to King suits. We had very pleasant and comfy stay at this place. We will come back.
Response by Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about our hotel. We are happy to hear when guests have a positive experience. We can't wait to see you again!
2 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
There were ants in our room. The room was damp and musty smelling. I will not stay there again.
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
There were ants on the floor
Response by Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are always trying to improve. I am sorry that you had a problem with ants in your room. Unfortunately, this time of year, ants are an issue that many businesses are dealing with. We are currently working with our pest management system to make sure all our rooms remain ant free.
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Toni
"Excellent receptionist."
This is our second time staying here within a week. The young lady is so nice and sweet. We came in late at night and she was there to help us. Will stay here again.
Response by Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
Thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear positive remarks about our staff. We look forward to seeing you again!
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
Sue
"HOME AWAY FROM HOME"
CAME HOME FOR THE FAMILY JUST LIKE BEING AT HOME. EVERYTHING YOU NEED IS JUST UP THE STREET OR RIGHT NEXT DOOR. NEED ADVICE JUST STOP AT THE FRONT DESK THEY WILL POINT YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.
Response by Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so glad that you felt at home. Come back any time you're in town!
2 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
CALVIN
"Crooked outlet"
Did surveyvon best western site already. Basically plug in wall crooked and upside down. Faucet in tub turn to shoot out when on. Fan on ac motor loud about to break.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
GEORGE
"Very nice hotel."
We were very pleased with our stay. The first room given us had a problem with the door lock and we were move quickly and efficiently. We were also pleased with how clean and comfortable the room was. The beds were great and my granddaughter enjoyed all the pillows on her bed. The only negative was that breakfast on the second morning was disappointing as the hot food was cold. The first morning breakfast was very good and we looked forward to the second morning. The selection the second morning was great and things were tasty just cold. Overall our stay was great and we will stay there again.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015