All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here5500 28th Street SE, Grand Rapids, MI, 49512, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

"Great Breakfast"
They were remodeling during our stay...curtains were all up and down in floor of hallway.Room had a musky odor but I carry spray for that as a precaution just in case someone's smoked in it. Staff were friendly.
1 night business trip Jun 14, 2014
"Ok budget hotel"
This is a good budget hotel with nice facilities and good service. It is conveniently located close to shopping and the expressway with a cool sports pub located on the adjacent property.
1 night business trip Jun 12, 2014
"friendly staff"
Hotel staff was very friendly - convenient location - hotel could use some renovation
1 night trip Jun 10, 2014
The rooms were nice but management didnt take care of the problems as they arose ex spa pool area no towels asked never got any and were empty from 8:00am to 11am the hallway was a mess from friday night to sat morning from a proir party in a room on the 2nd floor to the pool area very disappointed for the price we paid
1 night trip May 24, 2014
"Convient Location"
The hotel was nice, and seems as though it is being kept-up. Our room smelled somewhat of prior smokers. Has free wi-fi and a pool & jacuzzi. Missed the continental breakfast due to early departure.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
"There is no where to put clothes the room smelled"
The room and pillows smelled plus it was not cheap I expect better. I was told to put my beautiful clothes on the floor in the closet. My clothes are very expensive . I was not at all happy . My sister and I went across the street to holiday express. I rate that five star.
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014
"Handy to expressway and airport"
Perfectly fine, very average, no surprises. The desk clerks during my visit were a bit preoccupied with other distractions so check in/out was a bit bumpy, but otherwise this hotel will blend in with thousands of non-distinguishable and countless other highway motels. Isn't that the purpose of Best Western, anyway?
Other trip May 23, 2014
ddmariah
"needed a room for an early flight out from Grand R"
room coffee pot didn't work. overall condition of hotel its old need of renovation.
Other trip May 20, 2014
"Thought this was good at first but was sorry later"
Room clean. Pool and hot tub nice. Not so happy when we were half way home and realized we left a dress in the room. The person at the desk said it was not there and the maid serviced lost and found was closed, call back tomorrow. Called back next day and they said it is not in the lost and found and no one else has been in that room but the maid service. That means that the maids stole the dress. This is not good service.
Response by Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
I would like to thank you for your review. I would like to apologize that it took longer to find the missing dress than it should have. As I mentioned when we spoke earlier, the dress in question was still on the housekeeping cart and hadn't been brought to the desk to be logged in our lost and found. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy your stay with us.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"Great hotel, close to the airport"
Had a great experience at this BW. Needed a hotel close to the airport, cheap, that had a shuttle so we didn't have to do airport parking. The shuttle left for the airport when we needed it to and when we landed, we called and they were waiting curbside. We also parked our car there for 4 days while we were gone. Breakfast was amazing, lots of variety. Excellent experience, would definitely stay there again.
Response by Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
Thank you for your wonderful comments! We work hard at providing exceptional customer service in all aspects of our hotel. We look forward to your next visit.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"Great place for family"
Loved the access to resturaunt and gas station and breakfast on second floor
Response by Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites
Thank you for your kind words. We hope you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Dirty, dingy, our non-smoking room reeked of smoke"
The staff is wonderful, but the facility is just plain outdated. The decades old heating and cooling unit (under the window) was so loud that I couldn't use it. Our bathroom tub had large gouges and nicks out of the tub's finishing. The bathroom fan did not work. The bathroom door was water damaged and warped.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"close to highway"
the staffs are very polite and the location is very convenient. Close to highway and a lot of restaurant.
2 night trip Apr 18, 2014
"Will research more next time..."
Hotel room was good. Bathroom was really small. Door appeared to have been broken into before (did not shut securely unless dead bolted). There was some kind of family reunion so we couldn't get in the pool - they did not enforce the no kids after 11pm either. While in the hot tub, a guy started going through our stuff so we had to get out and leave the pool area right away. One of the entrances had a sign on the door that read "please excuse us while we remodel" but there was no remodel going on and the door was jammed open- not very secure! We will not stay at this location again. The only good thing was the friendliness of the guy at check-in.
1 night trip with friends Apr 12, 2014
Sandra
was only there for 7 hours it was good . Besides this review it was ok why do I have to post a lengthy comment that I do not want to when you ask for my for it . It was ok.
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
"Needs cleaned up"
The pool area was NASTY door off hinges for storage room, both bathrooms were out of order, tile missing off wall, and hot tub water was colder than my shower water and the bottom of hot tub was covered in sand also pool towel are was awful there were only a couple clean and rest were laying dirty every where. The rooms weren't as nasty and the beds were comfy and the front desk people were very nice!
1 night business trip Apr 7, 2014
"visiting our daughter and her family"
Everything was fine except the heater was way too noisy and they are not sure when they will be replacing the heating units. Had to have it on in GRand Rapids, Michigan!
3 night trip Mar 23, 2014
"Great place to stay."
Everything was great except pool was being remodeled. The pool was one of the reasons we chose this hotel. The breakfast was awesome. I would stay here again.
Other trip Feb 27, 2014
my family is already looking forward to coming back.
2 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"Not what we expected"
The room we booked was for two queen beds, the room we got was very small tucked in the corner like it was an afterthought. It was only one king size bed and the room was just slightly bigger than the bed. The staff was very friendly but the room was not very clean. The bathroom had hair on the floor and the bed had make up on the sheets and hair on the sheets as well. When I asked for new sheets the worker brought the sheets but did not make the bed.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
"Good stay"
Good location. Good breakfast.
2 night family trip Jan 16, 2014
Michigan Guest
"BW Grand Rapids"
Decent for the money. Would stay again
2 night business trip Jan 16, 2014
Steve R
"Incorrect room, clean facility, quiet at night"
My check in process was great, no problems. However, when I arrived to my room I found I had two full beds instead of a single queen as requested. I wouldn't have been upset if the manager who checked me in had at least informed me upon arrival that I would be stayed in a different room, but he did not. The room was clean and well lit, the bathroom had a "sanitized seal" on the toilet and plenty of clean towels. The comforter on the bed was thin - I would have liked to have had an extra blanket available in the room. I also couldn't close the shade on the window (bright street light outside) because it trapped the air from the heater. The refrigerator didn't work, which was a problem because I brought food for my stay. The internet worked great. My desk was near the door and I could hear people talking and moving in the hall until 9:30 PM, then it was quiet the remainder of the evening. Check out in the morning was great and they even had covered lid cups of coffee for you to grab on the way out. Hotel had hotel ups and downs, but overall I felt safe with locked exterior doors and a clean but not completely functional facility.
Other trip Jan 19, 2014
"Dirty"
When I first got in the employees couldn't find my reservation. That's No big deal, they just started arguing about it and it made me feel awkward. My room was the farthest away from anything so after lugging all of our stuff upstairs and changing we realized there were dirty towels left in our room. Little scraps of paper on the floor. And one roll of toilet paper was used. All and all looked pretty sloppy. I had zero energy after a 22 hour travel day, checked the beds and they were clean. That was good enough. The maids just forgot a few things ... I guess it happens for the rate I got. The price was good. They allow pets and that's great. The breakfast was good to have and there was a great variety. I rated it a three because for the price I could deal with the little things as long as my sleeping area was clean. And the breakfast and pets worked out nicely.
1 night trip Jan 13, 2014
"Up-to-date and Comfortable"
I would definitely stay here again. I was stuck in Grand Rapids and the hotel let me check in very early since I had no where else to go. The building is in good condition, the room was clean and comfortable, the TV was big, it was a good free breakfast, it had free wifi and a shuttle to and from the airport. There are a couple restaurants within walking distance and a big Meijer grocery and home store across the street (which I was able to walk to).
1 night business trip Jan 11, 2014
"Small room"
This was a small room but adequate for an overnight stay. We were surprised by the free super and breakfast. The maid started knocking on the door around 9 even though check out was 11 which was annoying. Bed was comfy and everything worked well.
1 night trip Dec 30, 2013
"Nice hotel.. clean and friendly staff."
Overall very happy with my stay. The fitness room is very lacking. The breakfast spread is also not fantastic. The rooms are very comfy and modern. Location was excellent for me. Staff was friendly and helpful. I asked where the exercise room was and he moved me right next to it. As a single female I really appreciated that.
1 night trip Dec 24, 2013
Would definitely stay here again. Very clean and comfortable- bed was a dream.
1 night business trip Dec 19, 2013
Was a convenient stay: near the airport, restaurants. The room was comfortable and clean, quite and worth for the money.
1 night business trip Dec 17, 2013
Celita L Welsch
"Worst Best Western"
I had previously stayed at the Baymont Inn & Suites near this BW. Since this was supposed to be a step up I expected more. The Baymont Inn was quieter, the staff more friendly, and worth the money paid there. When I checked into the BW, the assistant manager had a serious attitude, the room had paper thin walls, entrance and the sidewalk were treacherous, and the breakfast was pitiful. The Baymont Inn was head and shoulders better and cheaper. Cannot recommend this Best Western.
1 night trip Dec 13, 2013
"Would definately stay here again !"
This hotel was super clean. Staff was really friendly at both check- in and check-out. Room was updated, bed was really comfy. They even folded the towels in a decorative way. Had a great night sleep- hotel was busy but not noisy! I would recommend this hotel- great value !
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
D
"continental breakfast"
We enjoyed our stay very much. The only issue we had was that the breakfast was late being set up. Breakfast was supposed to be ready at 6:00 am and was not ready until after 6:30 am. We had a diabetic with us and the only thing she could eat on the breakfast was whole wheat toast with peanut butter. Everything else was high sugar or high fat.
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
Vicki
"great stay"
Very pleased with this hotel. Will be back when in the area.
2 night business trip Nov 24, 2013
Joe Nelson
Great value. Cozy room. Comfy bed.
1 night trip Nov 23, 2013
"Nice hotel but..."
It was a nice hotel, especially for your money. However if you book through hotels.com please be aware it may not be the exact room you booked. For example I booked a room with one queen bed and got a room with two full size beds. It was the same price which was cool but inconvenient for us because I specifically wanted a queen to accommodate me and my 6"4 spouse!! Other than that it was a pretty comfortable stay.
1 night trip Nov 14, 2013
Erica
"Nicer than expected"
Was surprised with the amenities offered at this hotel. Free light dinner (hot dogs / burgers), free decent breakfast (not just bread and cereal but eggs, sausage and waffle maker) and a pool. Very well kept hotel with an excellent restaurant immediately next to it.
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2013
Art
"Hotel is good - service not so much"
The hotel is fine - for the price it is exactly what we needed. However, I checked in earlier than my husband who had a late flight in. I left my husband's card key at the front desk for them to give to him as I had texted him the room number. I specifically asked if this was OK, and was told that it was. Instead, the front desk clerk made a call just after midnight to the room to ask if it was OK to give him the card key. Not appreciated. THEN, we had pre-paid the room through Hotels.com, and they still billed us for the room. So more time to get that credited.
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2013
Business Traveller
"Not what I expected..."
This hotel was not what I expected based on pictures I saw on the internet and other Best Western Hotels I have stayed at. My room was comfortable but very cramped. The hotel itself was old and worn and musty smelling. The hotel staff were unable to help me check in to my flight and print off a boarding pass at the front desk and then when I scheduled a shuttle for the morning of my flight they had failed to inform me that they didn't have shuttle service until 8 am when I needed to leave at 7:30. The front desk was able to call a shuttle from the Holiday Inn to take me to the airport.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"It was OK"
Room was clean, wake up call was on time. Had to leave to catch a plane before breakfast. Shuttle was on time and driver was professional.
Other trip Oct 19, 2013
"Hotel close to the expressway"
Booked this hotel for our stay during Grand Rapids Art Prize, and the proximity to the freeway is about the only thing that was good. The breakfast was being stocked by one person and they were constantly out of eggs and honestly the choices were minimal at best. The bathroom was incredibally small and the fan did not work. The room size was adequate but it was dusty. There are many other hotels on 128th street to chose from and I would likely try one of them befor i chose to stay here again.
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
When we got to the hotel room, we had a king size bed even though we booked 2 doubles on Hotels.com. Went back to the desk and they said they had no rooms with double beds. I went back to my room and took my I pad back to the front desk and showed them the confirmation. With definite reservation, the desk clerk was able to find us a room with double beds.
1 night business trip Aug 3, 2013
"Good for cost effective"
Great free breakfast and internet. Good staffs.. Good for family trip with cost effective
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
"Hotel needs a little updating"
The desk staff was very helpful and took care of us quickly. The room was nice other than the closet was very hard to open and the molding around it was broken. There was a bathing suit left from the previous guest which leads me to believe that the shower was not attended to. The room was very musty smelling upon arrival. There was a nice refrigerator in the room with plenty of lighting. The beds were comfortable, with plenty of pillows to choose from.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
MJ
Staff was friendly and the hotel was clean. The king room was small but we were only there for one night. For the price it was a great value.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2013
Kate
"nice hotel close to shopping, restaurants"
Room was very nice, comfortable beds & clean. They have a nice breakfast with eggs, sausage,belgian waffles & more. You have any kind of restaurant you want & store right on the same street as the hotel so very convenient for that.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"good place close to airport"
Was very pleased with the facility ease of location and the people were all very nice
1 night business trip Jul 2, 2013
bwcland
"Great experience"
Very helpful and friendly staff. Very comfortable and clean room.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
"never again"
Do not stay there
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2013
mark
"Very Comfortable Business Trip"
Stayed for business, will be back again! Very hospitable staff.
3 night business trip Jun 24, 2013
"Facilities Needs Updated"
Facilities could use a facelift. Checked in mid-afternoon, Very humid in hallways, facility, room air did work, good thing. Breakfast was okay, but wasn't full breakfast I expected.
Other trip Jun 29, 2013