All hotels in Ankeny, Iowa, United States of America
105 Ne Delaware Ave, Ankeny, IA, 50021, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

2.6
"Not worth the price"
I didn't feel the rate I paid fit this Hotel at all. No one should EVER pay more than $70 for a room here on any night of the week. The carpet in the hallway is dingy. The property itself sits on a back parking lot of nicer hotels. I will say the continental breakfast was good and well stocked.
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Darren
"OK place to stay"
Staff were great. Breakfast average. Cleanliness poor in halls, OK in rooms.
1 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
Patti
"Okay place."
I'd stay again. Nothing fancy or special - but does the trick when just passing through.
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
Anthony
It was fine for a place to stay for a couple nights.
Other trip May 15, 2015
good friendly staff check in went smooth breakfast was okay, liked the coffee
Other trip May 10, 2015
"Well Used"
The staff was very courteous and helpful, I give him an A+ for that, but the motel itself, was well used, and worn inside and out.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"On our way to Mayo Clinic"
Price was most important. Place was ok and clean. Was easy to book online.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
April
We needed a place that was within our budget to get out of the storm. The staff was nice and accommodating. Would recommend this hotel to my friends.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"Budget Hotel"
It's a decent hotel for the price. Staff was friendly and helpful.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
"Christmas stay"
One of our 3 rooms was pretty dirty. When I took the dog out to do his business the dog areas of grass were covered with waste and it was impossible to not step in it. It was like no one had cleaned up these areas in months. Also was astounded that the back door to the hotel was not locked
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
virgil
"Dog feces everywhere"
Had 3 rooms, one was extremely dirty, cigarette burns quilt was dirty and stained. Worst problem was the common pet areas. I took the dog out and no matter where we went there was pet feces. It was like dogs had been going in these small areas for years and no one ever picked it up. Was impossible to walk there without getting dog feces on my feet. They just need a service to police the pet areas once a week. Other 2 rooms were ok, a though not the cleanest.
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
virgil
"Only Pet Friendly Hotel/Motel in Ankeny, IA!"
I live only 40 minutes away, but I was faced with an overnight or a long drive to/from the night before and two times the next day. Given the subzero weather and late night/early travel, it was a no brainer to find a motel room. This would only be economical if I was also able to bring my blue merle sheltie (small dog) with me--otherwise I would have incured boarding fees. i was shocked that NONE of the local hotel/motels would consider a pet! In this day and age? I was willing to pay for a nice 4 star if it was close by Ankeny, but I didn't want to travel just as far to Des Moines as I would have to drive home. This was a social event the night before, a medical blood work draw the next morning, and then a doctor's appointment in late afternoon. For a small fee, we were able to stretch the late checkout until the appointment. It's not the most updated, but bed was comfortable, very clean rooms (including the bathrooms!), and the folks were great from the various front desk people to the cleaning people. I didn't have the morning buffet because I had to fast for 12 hours... :-( But that room looked clean and well stocked too.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Meg_evonne
"Good and cheap stay"
Comfortable bed and allows pets
3 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
There was trash on the floor of my room when i checked in. The service was good, but the hotel was a bit run down. The toilet was unstable & the shower looked dirty from the stains.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2014
"Ok"
Ok
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"wish I had known"
Were put in a room that was smoking . I requested a non-smoking room but just figured we got it because we got in very late and the policy says rooms are not guaranteed. two light bulbs did not work. I told management in the morning they said I should have let them know about the room and the light bulb that night before. this is true but at 1am in the morning when I had been up for 23 hours I was dead dog tired and just wanted to sleep.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2014
Cheryl
"Its ok"
Hall carpets are stained and the hvac is pretty loud but the room was just renovated and it was clean. The computer in the lobby isnt hooked up to a printer, which sucked. The included breakfast was the usual fare.
3 night trip Aug 28, 2014
"Motel!"
Definitely Motel not Hotel. The rooms are old & out dated, old tv's furniture etc as well as the whole building itself. The blankets are old fleece blankets with (ciggerett burns in them) yeah, gross. Building holds a nasty unpleasant smell most of the time. Plus of Motel. The staff were nice polite people with a smile. Location is 15 minutes to downtown Des Moines, and about 35 to Ames so location was good. Those are about the only decent things I can mention.
1 night business trip Aug 23, 2014
Traveler
"3 our of 5 stars - don't believe it"
Room was not made up when we arrived at 4:30 pm. Housekeeping left the door ajar after making up the room, entire hotel was musty, carpets were dirty, no locks on exterior entrance at back. Glad to only have 2 nights there.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
"close to the highway"
Very comfortable. Rooms had refrigerator and microwave. Quite. Good access to outside areas for my pet.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014
"A true 2 star hotel"
I will never understand how smoking is still allowed in hotels in Iowa ! The smell is everywhere. Housekeeping was tipped well and kept my well worn room clean. My bedspread had cigarette burns in it. AC unit worked well for August but was filthy. Back door to second floor room was missing a lock entirely. Cigarette butts all over the parking lot. I was locked out of my room for no reason and the night supervisor freaked me out when her key didn't work. Maintenance was able to get me in. All in all....no fault of the workers but this place needs new ownership and a total overhaul. It's clear they aren't upkeeping the property.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"In need of repair and updating"
The room was in rough shape. This hotel is in dire need of renovation. Shower faucet dripped, room walls were beat up, hotel room door beat up. The refrig in the room was lacking in look and in disparate need of a defrost.
3 night trip Aug 14, 2014
Ok for the price.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2014
"State Fair over nighter"
You get what you pay for.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2014
"Very disappointed!"
First impression when u walk in-dirty! Carpets were in desperate need of a vacuum! Get up to our room and it smelled like a truck stop back in the day when you were allowed to smoke! I'm a smoker, I don't smoke in my house and that smell is exactly why! It was everywhere! The sheets and blankets smelled like smoke and the blankets had cigarette burns in them! Gross! I had to put a shirt over my pillow case and still felt like things were crawling on me all night! Not what you would expect when paying over $100 for a one night stay! And forget eating that free breakfast I wouldn't eat or sleep there again if YOU PAID ME! I'm not a clean freak but come on open a window and air the place out! Worst experience ever and complete bummer on an otherwise nice weekend get away!
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"Need customer service training"
When I arrive I suppose to have a roll away bed in one of my rooms. The young man at the front desk said we don't do that. When I made my reservation I was that was available with a ten dollar charge . His response we have n't had those in years and asked me who made my reservation and tolld him made them online. He than say thats what I get for making it online. I found that to be very rude and unprofessional. He needs customer training.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
L
Windows were drafty and the chair for the work station was defective. The rooms are a little tight because of layout. I didn't like the old TV in the room. I did like the microwave and refrigerator in the room and the convenience of the location.
7 night trip Jul 22, 2014
Busytravler
Clean room. Bed was comfortable. Would've preferred some sort of danish or donuts to be part of the breakfast.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Too expensive"
The beds were comfy. We needed a place to stay for one night. The staff was friendly. Our door was "tricky." It never closed on it's own & you had to jiggle the handle to get it to open. Breakfast was mediocre at best. If I paid less, probably would have given higher rating. Ok place to stay for 1 night.
1 night family trip Jul 15, 2014
"Adequate"
I stayed here for three days while visiting friends in the area. It was a decent hotel - exactly what I expected at this price point. The front desk staff were very polite and attentive. My room included a microwave and refrigerator, clock radio, and TV with a very good selection of channels. The bathroom was definitely showing signs of age and use - dripping faucet, crumbling wall, and yellowed tub surround, although the shower was very pleasant - full spray and pressure. The bed was quite comfortable. The room was also very clean in most areas, including the bed and the bathroom, but I did notice some cobwebs here and there, and the window could have used a good cleaning. In all, I would say a very adequate room with nothing remarkable to praise or complain about.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Not a nice hotel"
I am sorry not to be able to recommend this hotel. Its only redeeming quality is the food. This hotel provides an excellent breakfast. However, the entire hotel smells like smoke and does not seem to be very clean. Therefore it does not deserve a three star rating.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Cida
"Good night's sleep"
The bed gave us a great night's sleep. We were kind of concerned when we first walked in as gentleman at counter was not friendly at all. Continental breakfast was terrible but the room was clean. We can't expect much for the great price.
1 night trip Jun 30, 2014
Leah
"Don't let the exterior scare you."
When I drove up to the hotel, it had a very unassuming entrance. I was not expecting much right then. When I went to the front desk, there were a lot of security monitors that scared me a bit because I was concerned as to security. However, when I went to my room, I was pleasantly surprised. The room and bathroom were clean. It was convenient to have a microwave and fridge in the room, even though we did not use it. I got a couple of really good nights sleep. The bed was very comfortable. Nice variety of television stations, also. The breakfast included in the price was very good. A step above continental. Very good orange juice and waffles.
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
Jillmarmadsmom
"Expedia gave us smoking room when we had"
Expedia gave us smoking room and it was awful...smelled and toilet was wobbly even with exposed shim attempt...blankets were threadbare and had holes in it
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"Not worth your money"
Checked in during proper check in time, walked into the room and it was a complete mess, bed sheets on the floor, stained dirty pillows, trash from previous guests, the room looked dirty in general and was hot and muggy. we were not told that the room was being cleaned and to wait till the staff cleaned the room so it was a bit of a shock. We walked out of the room as soon as we walked in, went across the parking lot to the other hotel and checked in there where they gave us a king suite at a discount. We went back to the days inn to give the keys back and another staff member's excuse was "oh i thought she told you the room wasn't ready" instead of an apology or asking any way they could make the situation better. They did not seem to care that we literally walked across the parking lot to another hotel and checked in 5 minutes prior.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
Kat
"Good deal"
It was worth the price. If we had paid more, it would have been a rip-off. Rooms were clean and quiet. Breakfast was sufficient. Staff was friendly. We just needed a place to sleep and that's what we got!
1 night trip May 8, 2014
Gina
"Disappointing"
I arrived late in the evening, but they were ready for me. That's where the positive experience ended. There was no hot water for my morning shower the 1st day. When I brought this to staff's attention, I was told that there was plenty of hot water. the next day, I had hot water for the 1st part of my shower, but it soon ran out. When I returned from my engagement Saturday evening, my room key did not work. They had to re-program it. This was even though they knew I was staying for 2 nights. (prepaid) I wasn't expecting a 5 star experience, but hot water and being able to enter my room are basic, at least to me.
Other trip May 12, 2014
Wallace
"Sleep on the Cheap."
For the price, you got what you paid for. You don't stay here for the "experience". It's a place to sleep. Location was great for easy access. No elevator that we saw for 2nd floor. Small bathroom.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"Worth the price"
Rooms were clean and recently refurbished. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was sufficient. Not a lot of extras, but we didn't pay for them. A good deal for the price.
1 night trip May 8, 2014
Todd
"Good stay at a reasonable rate."
Good stay at a reasonable rate. Manager was friendly. Breakfast was good. Could use some new carpet in hallways, but room was fine.
1 night trip Apr 28, 2014
"Easy on and off"
It is not the "ritz", but it was clean and the staff was outstandingly nice.
1 night trip Apr 13, 2014
Louie
"Nice safe Stopover point for me"
I've stayed here a few times....with the dog... friendly staff and easy in and out.... Close to the freeway...and plenty of food choices near by.
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
"Ill maintained"
Exit door did not have latch and banged. Toilet ran all night. Gap between door and frame.
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
Check in/check out was quick and convenient, but only one outlet above the sink which did not work.
1 night trip Dec 6, 2013
"Cheap hotel"
Our overall impression of this hotel was "grimy." It was right off the interstate, and one of the outside doors didn't even have a lock, so that was concerning.
Other trip Dec 5, 2013
"fair"
Totally horrible, all the hotel was dusty, dirty, they didn't change the comforter, all the floors are dusty and dirty, like they never use the vac, the same if I talk about the bathroom.
1 night business trip Nov 1, 2013
Thays De Brenner
"Good room, good price"
We needed a room close to Iowa State. Since it was parent's weekend, the hotels closest to the school were very expensive. We decided to stay a little further out for a fraction of the price. Clean rooms, right by the highway, but no road noise.
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
"Avoid this hotel"
I reserved a non-smoking room (two months in advance, and clearly visible on my reservation) and was told only smoking rooms available. Was given the opportunity to stay in the room that smelled the least (yes I checked). Stains on carpet and bed spread, loose toilet, etc... Desk clerk was not helpful. I had no immediate recourse since Expedia already had my money!
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"Review"
shower floor was filthy and shower curtain was moldy/dirty.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"Low cost, adequate place to crash;"
Nothing near as bad as impression one might get from previous reviews. Yes, it's older and worn but not in a shambles like many would lead you to believe. It does have a cig smell but not so bad in rooms, which were clean and comfortable enough. Breakfast was adequate. Factor in the excellent, easily accessible location, right off I-35 and it's right on par for what you pay if you're looking for a cheap place to crash for the night.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013