All hotels in Ankeny, Iowa, United States of America
105 Ne Delaware Ave, Ankeny, IA, 50021, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

Room is not nice
    Dirty
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
"Don't waste your money!"
When they say no frills.... they meant it. We will not stay there again!
1 night romance trip Dec 23, 2015
JoAnn
"Visiting our daughter in college"
The room was good for why we were in Ankeny, Iowa. We went to visit our daughter who is in college. The advertisement said we could have three people in the room. The room did not have enough bed space for three people. One night we took our daughter off campus and she stayed with us in the hotel room. I asked the person at the desk about a roll away for our daughter (23) years old. He said three people can stay in the room but they did not have any roll away.
2 night family trip Oct 14, 2015
"NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE"
I AM A NON SMOKER AND I WAS PUT INTO A SMOKING ROOM WHICH STUNK HORRIBLY AND GAVE ME A TERRIBLE HEADACHE. I ARRIVED AT MY ROOM AFTER 10 PM SO I DID NOT FEEL LIKE I COULD DEMAND A DIFFERENT ROOM. THE STAIRWAY AND HALL CARPETS WERE FILTHY, MY ROOM WAS NOT OVERLY CLEAN, MY TUB FAUCET DRIPPED ALL NIGHT, THE CHAIN LOCK WAS BROKEN, THE WINDOW CURTAIN WAS HANGING OFF THE HOOKS, THE SHOWER CURTAIN WAS MOLDY, THE DRESSERS WERE DAMAGED AND THEIR WERE BURN MARKS ON THE TUB.I DID NOT SEE ANY INSECTS IN MY ROOM. THE LADY AT THE DESK WAS FRIENDLY WHEN I CHECKED IN. THE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST WAS OK
Other trip Oct 8, 2015
RANAE
"Smoking"
Should avoid giving people smoking rooms, unless they ask for same.
1 night trip Oct 2, 2015
cHARLES
It was perfect for our weekend away. The room and staff was above our expectations. The continental breakfast could have more of a variety .
2 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
At 4:00 pm the room was still not ready. The carpets are very dirty and the smoke smell throughout the hotel was very strong. Not worth the price.
1 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2015
Leslie
"Cheap Hotel"
Cheap hotel. Get what you pay for. Dirty carpet in the halls. Very hard uncomfortable bed. Dirty shower. Room located on street side had excessively bright lights in the parking lot, which interfered with sleeping. Would not stay there again.
1 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
The bathroom ceiling was coming down the bottom of the tub where it is rough looked dirty. The breakfast they removed right at 9:00 if you were in there eating they let you finish up but you could not get anything else cause they were putting everything away immediately and they were cleaning the dirty dishes in the sink right there with no soap or rags just their hands and water so I was glad I didnt eat anything but coffee. Also not enough parking close to the hotel.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
Ruth
"Inexpensive, but great room."
We didn't spend a lot of time in the room, but it was in a location near our various destinations. Room was reasonably spacious, bed was very comfortable, everything was meticulously clean - room, bath, breakfast room. Breakfast was decent, too, with Belgian waffles even! I think the hotel has an exercise room, but we didn't use it. It's walkable to adequate eating places. There was also a microwave and mini refrigerator in the room, which we also did not need.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
"Nice hotel. Good location/accessability."
Stayed Mon.-Thurs. Quiet, quick and convenient AND affordable. Great value for the price. Breakfast didn't have much variety, but sufficient. Nice room.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
Angela
"Adequate for an Overnight"
While our room was clean, the stairs and hallways were unnecessarily dirty. There is always the impact of current use, but the appearance suggested that far more than a daily cleaning was needed. Management should work to elimate, or at least reduce, a lingering smoke oder in the hallways. Our room was clean and though not plush, fine for the night.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Denise & Mike
"Close to interstate"
Good, not great. Breakfast area was to small for the size of the hotel. Internet in room did not work. Room coffee maker did not work. Staff were very peasant and professional.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
Kathyrn
"Not worth the price"
I didn't feel the rate I paid fit this Hotel at all. No one should EVER pay more than $70 for a room here on any night of the week. The carpet in the hallway is dingy. The property itself sits on a back parking lot of nicer hotels. I will say the continental breakfast was good and well stocked.
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Darren
"OK place to stay"
Staff were great. Breakfast average. Cleanliness poor in halls, OK in rooms.
1 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
Patti
"Good price for what you get"
Good price for room. All was just fine. Not a 5 star - but very good price and comfortable and clean enough.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
"No Coffee pot in Room, dirty entrance carpet"
Arrival, rude staff, was given room, when entered room, already someone in room!! Went back to front desk, hotel staff did not even apologize!! Said can we move on!!
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
jeff
"Affordable, Good Location & Allows Pets"
This hotel was affordable, in a good location and allows pets, but that is the extent of the pluses. There did not appear to be any cleaning going on during the weekend but we did receive fresh towels and the bed was made. There was no regular coffee in our room; when we asked we were told they were out. The day before we left they replaced the coffee maker with a pod version with regular coffee. My Dad's room had a moldy coffee pot that was never changed out. We had a king bed that was very comfortable but only two small pillows. When I asked for an extra pillow I was told they were out. The breakfast bar was very basic: cold cereal, waffles, bread for toast, no protein options. The staff were mostly indifferent to our being there. We stayed away as much as possible.
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
not Picky
"Okay place."
I'd stay again. Nothing fancy or special - but does the trick when just passing through.
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
Anthony
It was fine for a place to stay for a couple nights.
Other trip May 15, 2015
good friendly staff check in went smooth breakfast was okay, liked the coffee
Other trip May 10, 2015
"Well Used"
The staff was very courteous and helpful, I give him an A+ for that, but the motel itself, was well used, and worn inside and out.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"On our way to Mayo Clinic"
Price was most important. Place was ok and clean. Was easy to book online.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
April
We needed a place that was within our budget to get out of the storm. The staff was nice and accommodating. Would recommend this hotel to my friends.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"Budget Hotel"
It's a decent hotel for the price. Staff was friendly and helpful.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
"Christmas stay"
One of our 3 rooms was pretty dirty. When I took the dog out to do his business the dog areas of grass were covered with waste and it was impossible to not step in it. It was like no one had cleaned up these areas in months. Also was astounded that the back door to the hotel was not locked
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
virgil
"Dog feces everywhere"
Had 3 rooms, one was extremely dirty, cigarette burns quilt was dirty and stained. Worst problem was the common pet areas. I took the dog out and no matter where we went there was pet feces. It was like dogs had been going in these small areas for years and no one ever picked it up. Was impossible to walk there without getting dog feces on my feet. They just need a service to police the pet areas once a week. Other 2 rooms were ok, a though not the cleanest.
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
virgil
"Only Pet Friendly Hotel/Motel in Ankeny, IA!"
I live only 40 minutes away, but I was faced with an overnight or a long drive to/from the night before and two times the next day. Given the subzero weather and late night/early travel, it was a no brainer to find a motel room. This would only be economical if I was also able to bring my blue merle sheltie (small dog) with me--otherwise I would have incured boarding fees. i was shocked that NONE of the local hotel/motels would consider a pet! In this day and age? I was willing to pay for a nice 4 star if it was close by Ankeny, but I didn't want to travel just as far to Des Moines as I would have to drive home. This was a social event the night before, a medical blood work draw the next morning, and then a doctor's appointment in late afternoon. For a small fee, we were able to stretch the late checkout until the appointment. It's not the most updated, but bed was comfortable, very clean rooms (including the bathrooms!), and the folks were great from the various front desk people to the cleaning people. I didn't have the morning buffet because I had to fast for 12 hours... :-( But that room looked clean and well stocked too.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Meg_evonne
"Good and cheap stay"
Comfortable bed and allows pets
3 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
There was trash on the floor of my room when i checked in. The service was good, but the hotel was a bit run down. The toilet was unstable & the shower looked dirty from the stains.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2014
"Ok"
Ok
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"wish I had known"
Were put in a room that was smoking . I requested a non-smoking room but just figured we got it because we got in very late and the policy says rooms are not guaranteed. two light bulbs did not work. I told management in the morning they said I should have let them know about the room and the light bulb that night before. this is true but at 1am in the morning when I had been up for 23 hours I was dead dog tired and just wanted to sleep.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2014
Cheryl
"Its ok"
Hall carpets are stained and the hvac is pretty loud but the room was just renovated and it was clean. The computer in the lobby isnt hooked up to a printer, which sucked. The included breakfast was the usual fare.
3 night trip Aug 28, 2014
"Motel!"
Definitely Motel not Hotel. The rooms are old & out dated, old tv's furniture etc as well as the whole building itself. The blankets are old fleece blankets with (ciggerett burns in them) yeah, gross. Building holds a nasty unpleasant smell most of the time. Plus of Motel. The staff were nice polite people with a smile. Location is 15 minutes to downtown Des Moines, and about 35 to Ames so location was good. Those are about the only decent things I can mention.
1 night business trip Aug 23, 2014
Traveler
"3 our of 5 stars - don't believe it"
Room was not made up when we arrived at 4:30 pm. Housekeeping left the door ajar after making up the room, entire hotel was musty, carpets were dirty, no locks on exterior entrance at back. Glad to only have 2 nights there.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
"close to the highway"
Very comfortable. Rooms had refrigerator and microwave. Quite. Good access to outside areas for my pet.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014
"A true 2 star hotel"
I will never understand how smoking is still allowed in hotels in Iowa ! The smell is everywhere. Housekeeping was tipped well and kept my well worn room clean. My bedspread had cigarette burns in it. AC unit worked well for August but was filthy. Back door to second floor room was missing a lock entirely. Cigarette butts all over the parking lot. I was locked out of my room for no reason and the night supervisor freaked me out when her key didn't work. Maintenance was able to get me in. All in all....no fault of the workers but this place needs new ownership and a total overhaul. It's clear they aren't upkeeping the property.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"In need of repair and updating"
The room was in rough shape. This hotel is in dire need of renovation. Shower faucet dripped, room walls were beat up, hotel room door beat up. The refrig in the room was lacking in look and in disparate need of a defrost.
3 night trip Aug 14, 2014
Ok for the price.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2014
"State Fair over nighter"
You get what you pay for.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2014
"Very disappointed!"
First impression when u walk in-dirty! Carpets were in desperate need of a vacuum! Get up to our room and it smelled like a truck stop back in the day when you were allowed to smoke! I'm a smoker, I don't smoke in my house and that smell is exactly why! It was everywhere! The sheets and blankets smelled like smoke and the blankets had cigarette burns in them! Gross! I had to put a shirt over my pillow case and still felt like things were crawling on me all night! Not what you would expect when paying over $100 for a one night stay! And forget eating that free breakfast I wouldn't eat or sleep there again if YOU PAID ME! I'm not a clean freak but come on open a window and air the place out! Worst experience ever and complete bummer on an otherwise nice weekend get away!
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"Do not recommend to non smokers"
Very disappointed with the whole experience. Have stayed at many Days Inn's and they were fine. We booked a non smoking room and were given a smoking room, when we tried to switch they said they were non available. No screens in the window so we had to buy and 'make' our own so we could air it out. Bought candle warmer and air fresheners to try and get the smell out but it did not work. No outlet covers on the outlets, holes in the drywall in the bathroom, paint falling from the ceiling in the bathroom, no bolts on the toilet, it was actually on shims. Due to safety/health concerns this hotel should be shut down.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
"Need customer service training"
When I arrive I suppose to have a roll away bed in one of my rooms. The young man at the front desk said we don't do that. When I made my reservation I was that was available with a ten dollar charge . His response we have n't had those in years and asked me who made my reservation and tolld him made them online. He than say thats what I get for making it online. I found that to be very rude and unprofessional. He needs customer training.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
L
Windows were drafty and the chair for the work station was defective. The rooms are a little tight because of layout. I didn't like the old TV in the room. I did like the microwave and refrigerator in the room and the convenience of the location.
7 night trip Jul 22, 2014
Busytravler
Clean room. Bed was comfortable. Would've preferred some sort of danish or donuts to be part of the breakfast.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Too expensive"
The beds were comfy. We needed a place to stay for one night. The staff was friendly. Our door was "tricky." It never closed on it's own & you had to jiggle the handle to get it to open. Breakfast was mediocre at best. If I paid less, probably would have given higher rating. Ok place to stay for 1 night.
1 night family trip Jul 15, 2014
"Adequate"
I stayed here for three days while visiting friends in the area. It was a decent hotel - exactly what I expected at this price point. The front desk staff were very polite and attentive. My room included a microwave and refrigerator, clock radio, and TV with a very good selection of channels. The bathroom was definitely showing signs of age and use - dripping faucet, crumbling wall, and yellowed tub surround, although the shower was very pleasant - full spray and pressure. The bed was quite comfortable. The room was also very clean in most areas, including the bed and the bathroom, but I did notice some cobwebs here and there, and the window could have used a good cleaning. In all, I would say a very adequate room with nothing remarkable to praise or complain about.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Not a nice hotel"
I am sorry not to be able to recommend this hotel. Its only redeeming quality is the food. This hotel provides an excellent breakfast. However, the entire hotel smells like smoke and does not seem to be very clean. Therefore it does not deserve a three star rating.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Cida
"Good night's sleep"
The bed gave us a great night's sleep. We were kind of concerned when we first walked in as gentleman at counter was not friendly at all. Continental breakfast was terrible but the room was clean. We can't expect much for the great price.
1 night trip Jun 30, 2014
Leah
"Don't let the exterior scare you."
When I drove up to the hotel, it had a very unassuming entrance. I was not expecting much right then. When I went to the front desk, there were a lot of security monitors that scared me a bit because I was concerned as to security. However, when I went to my room, I was pleasantly surprised. The room and bathroom were clean. It was convenient to have a microwave and fridge in the room, even though we did not use it. I got a couple of really good nights sleep. The bed was very comfortable. Nice variety of television stations, also. The breakfast included in the price was very good. A step above continental. Very good orange juice and waffles.
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
Jillmarmadsmom
"Expedia gave us smoking room when we had"
Expedia gave us smoking room and it was awful...smelled and toilet was wobbly even with exposed shim attempt...blankets were threadbare and had holes in it
Other trip Jun 8, 2014