All hotels in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, United States of America
923 Green Bay RdSturgeon BayWI54235United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9223

2.8
"DONT STAY HERE"
Horrible stay. Had a total of 3 rooms. and We were only there friday night by 9pm till sunday at 11am. One room locked us out. One room was covered in mold. And the last room the furniture was broken. Horrible stay.
2 night trip with friends Dec 4, 2015
Samantha
"Convenient hotel for a good price"
The two hotel employees that we interacted with were very nice and personable. We liked the free breakfast- it was all we needed and more (eggs, sausage, waffles, yogurt, apples & oranges, toast, doughnuts, etc...). The pool area looked decent but we did not use it- maybe if there was a hot tub we would have. The room was clean (beside the ceiling) and was decorated nicely and included a bigger fridge with a large freezer space (not full size but bigger than you normally see in a hotel). My only real complaint was the bathroom. The bathroom had a toilet seat cover that did not even fit entirely over the toilet bowl, cracked and missing grout on the floor tiles, peeling wallpaper, and the plastic shower floor creaked and cracked so loudly we thought we were going to fall through to the second floor! In general this hotel looked like it could use some TLC, and a thorough dusting, but you get what you pay for and we were only there for one night. I would recommend spending a bit more at another hotel if you are staying in Sturgeon Bay for more than one night.
Other trip Dec 3, 2015
Grace
"Great family owned place"
Quiet, clean, comfortable
3 night family trip Nov 25, 2015
"Dirty and Moldy Hotel"
The room was very musty smelling and the bathroom walls were really moldy. I would not recommend anyone staying here until they can get it cleaned up.
Other trip Nov 9, 2015
The hotel was dirty. It needed to be vacuumed. The bathroom was dirty. The vanity was broken. There was sharp edges on it. Not a good place to stay.
2 night family trip Oct 24, 2015
"disappointing"
the last time I stayed here it was not as dirty...the tub was soiled, the bathroom just felt dirty. I doubt I will stay here again, although the breakfast was just fine.
1 night business trip Oct 5, 2015
my friend left her new sweater in the breakfast room, when we went back down to get it, everyone seemed to know about it , even described it to us, but could not find it. Telling us , it was here behind the desk, but could not find it. We both felt it was an internal theft, and was very disappointed in the staff.
Other trip Oct 11, 2015
"Quality Inn or Comfort Suites"
Room clean. People at front desk nice - however - I had booked room thru Hotels.com and gave my credit card number to hold room - when we got there wanted to pay cash and boy, was that a trip. Took two visits to desk to get the receipt correct. Still have to watch credit card to make sure we aren't charged for the room after paying cash. They kept saying we were pre-paid. I am sure we arent the first people that ever did that. But breakfast was great.
1 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2015
"Bad experience"
The first thing we noticed was the hallway/stairs had not been vacuumed for some time and had many stains. When we got to the room, which was suppose to be nonsmoking, it smelled stale, musty and we couldn't even open the windows to get any fresh air. The beds appeared rumpled and were poorly made. The front door to the hotel was dirty and full of finger prints. Needless to say, it did not meet our expectations and we cancelled our stay and went home. We were offered another room, but due to what we had seen, didn't accept the offer. This hotel fell far short of what we expected.
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
"Cleanliness"
Carpet not vacuumed, someone's food in fridge, mold on bathroom ceiling, bottle caps behind bed stand along with dusty alarm clock, broken toilet seat. Whole place needs cleaning and updates
Other trip Oct 3, 2015
denise
"Hotel close to area of wedding"
Original reservation was for king bed and it was changed to queen. Room was not vacuumed, there was someone's food in. fridge, No garbage can except for bathroom. Took 3 tries to get key card programmed. Although it was fixed promptly, toilet seat in second nights room was broken
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
denise
"Very mehh.."
Service was fine.. I only really talked to anyone for check in and check out. Again, housekeeping knocks on my door and just tries to walk right in, as I'm in the bathroom at 9am. Do they not read anything to know I was staying 2 nights? Does a do not disturb sign mean nothing? This is a reoccurring thing that seems to keep happening and I'm sick of it. The room had a pretty beat up bathroom, ceiling tiles were stapled on lol.. The shower creaked and cracked with every step, I felt bad for those below me, as I figured I was going to fall thru. The rest of the room was normal, fine. A/C was blasting when I originally got there, having the room at 50 was a little absurd.. For the price, something more expensive than I've paid in green bay and Chicago, was not worth it, nor would I return.. Thanks but no thanks.. Better off finding a cheap motel than staying here for what you have to pay..
1 night trip with friends Sep 25, 2015
Tyler
""We serve a bunch of junk for breakfast""
The front desk referred to the continental breakfast as "junk"; there was liquid still inside our ice bucket (and in the bin liner, as well); there was mold/mildew all over our shower; the bathroom door frame was raw metal and it looked like someone had taken a crow-bar to it, and last, but certainly not least, there was a very poorly covered up hole above/behind our TV. Was someone trying to make their way in??...or worse...trying to get out of this very dated, filthy hotel?? We will NOT stay here again!
1 night romance trip Sep 17, 2015
Ronn
The location is good for getting in and out of town, since it's right on the highway in. The facility was exactly what you expect from a Quality Inn: no frills but comfortable. I had the sense that deferred maintenance will become a problem soon. But all was OK for us, after the staff took care of a stuck drain stopper in the bathroom sink.
Other trip Sep 12, 2015
"Adequate motel"
we tried to get a motel further out in Door county; but could only get this(tried about 3 weeks before coming) in mid summer; so we took it...well, clean but not overwhelmingly up to date or clean...the morning breakfast was better than just cereal or patries; there were hot foods and pancakes daily; fruit and yogurt and many pastries and breads...two juices...coffee was alright... room fairly large; clean; but moldy places in bathroom; that was not nice...
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
scouternurse
"Good Weekend Getaway"
Standard hotel amenities. The rooms were clean and the staff were amicable. Plenty of parking and free breakfast with our stay. The only vending machine was broke and they for some reason didn't have two ice machines. A few negatives: room smelled like paint, and seemed musty. A little far from the "downtown" Sturgeon Bay area but definitely close enough. I had plenty of coffee which means I would definately stay again. (the determining factor).
2 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
Josh
Our first room was wet and very musty and air conditioner did not work. The front desk clerk was prompt to move us to another room on a different floor--which was appreciated. The air conditioner worked in second room, but when my friend flushed the toilet the tank sprayed all over her, the walls--everything. She had to actually fix the toilet to get it to work properly. The bathroom celing had mold growing on it and the wallpaper was peeling and brown around the tub. At checkout I let clerk know of the additional issues and said the place needs some serious updating; he appeared less than interested in my concerns although I was not rude or disrespectful in any way. I simple stated the facts.
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
"Don't stay here"
The beds were comfortable. This hotel was very dirty from the hallways all the was to the disgusting ceiling vents. The tiles in the bath room were cracked and loose, VERY GROSS!!!!!
1 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
Jeffery
"Decent for one night"
Average stay... Get what you paid for. Staff was great. Breakfast was ok. Hotel was a little on the dirty side. Beds were comfortable, refrigerator and microwave worked just fine.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
jakie
"Fair Hotel"
The motel staff were nice. The motel needs a lot of repair such as broken tiles/grout on bathroom floor. Hallway walls and carpet were filthy
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
Only concern I had was that the room smelled like mold...very humid. Running the AC did help.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2015
We were on our way home after having visited Door County, WI.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Need for better awareness."
We checked in and the first room given to us had recently been flooded and smelled horrible, very bad wet carpet smell. We went back to the front desk and were given another room that was much better although not as clean as would be expected. The pool while fun because we were the only ones in it was very small and could not fit the 133 posted, it would be lucky to fit 33. Breakfast was great and staff very friendly.
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
chicagodavey
"Nice hotel close to town"
Room was pre heated when it was below zero outside.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
business travel
Just spent one night there during the off season. The hotel was a little dated but ok. Nothing special
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Hotel was nice. It is just a basic lodging nothing fancy here. Woldts corner restaurant is within walking distance and is excellent.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Herewego
"Cheap Hotel with Free Breakfast and Great Staff"
We were lucky enough to get Bears-Packers tickets from my wife's co-workers as a wedding present. The gift was a complete surprise and we only had a couple weeks to organize the trip. To our dismay, we found that all of the hotels in the Green Bay area were booked for the night of the game. After some additional searching, I wandered upon the Comfort Inn in Sturgeon Bay. The hotel was only a 45 minute drive from Lambeau Field, which wasn't terrible inconvenient. In addition, we were only a short drive from the many attractions that Door County has to offer. The staff were very friendly. The room was clean. The breakfast wasn't overly extravagant (sausage, eggs waffles, cereal, etc), but it was free and filling. Best of all the room was cheap (I think we paid $75, including tax, for a room with a King Bed). Given what we were looking for - a cheap, clean room that was close to Door County and Green Bay that included breakfast - I was extremely happy with this hotel. 5 out of 5.
1 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
Sean
"barely ok"
This Hotel was quite rundown and sadly in need of renovation. multiple holes and tears in the wall coverings, scuffed and worn paint, multiple patches in the wall board etc. The carpeting was stained and the pattern appeared to have been left over from 1972. There were only 3 pieces of tissue in the Kleenex box and a second box was not at the ready. Our mattress was uncomfortable and we did not awake feeling refreshed.
1 night business trip Nov 1, 2014
trudie
We requested a first floor because of my disabilty stairs are a problem. When we told the clerk this, he said there was nothing he could do to change it because we made our reservation through Holets.com. There was also a pop can and candy wrapper on the floor in the room.
1 night trip Oct 24, 2014
Di
"Overpriced for the quality of this hotel."
The person at the front desk was a bit short, when asked about dining places. Saying to us, "you didn't research this before you came?" The bathroom had dirt in the corners and the tub wasn't clean. The wallpaper had patched parts and there wasn't very good lighting in the room. The same front desk person wasn't very helpful when we asked what channel the weather station was, since it wasn't listed on the channel guide. The pool door was suppose to be locked, but was broken, so wouldn't be very safe for small children. The breakfast was very cold, and not much of a selection. I have paid much less for other hotels that were much better than this hotel. Would not stay here again.
2 night trip Oct 12, 2014
"Don't Stay Here"
Very disappointed in Hotels. com. This hotel should have a fair rating instead of good. The walls in the room we stayed in had wallpaper that was pieced in. The bathroom floor was dirty in the corners. Poor lighting in the room. The front desk person that checked us in wasn't friendly. We asked about places to eat and he said to us, you didn't research that before you came? Then we called the front desk to ask about a certain tv channel since it wasn't listed on the paper, and he didn't know. It was only asking about the weather channel. The breakfast wasn't very hot and choices was very limited. The pool area wasn't clean. The door on the bottom was damaged. The door to get into the pool wasn't locked and was damaged. If a small child would have opened it and went in, this could be bad. I thought all pool doors were suppose to be locked. This hotel really isn't up to Comfort Inn quality that I have experienced before. They charged way too much for what you got.
2 night trip Oct 12, 2014
"Short vacation 2014"
The room was tired, run down and smelled funny. I didn't sleep well at this hotel and don't plan to return.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
"comfort inn sturgreon bay"
Staff was friendly and breakfast was decent.The room was not very clean. Still had garbage on floor,tub did not drain very well,holes in window screen,coffee maker carafe had grounds in it still. Next day after maid service garbage still on floor, did not replenish coffee or cups in bathroom.Would not stay here again.
2 night romance trip Sep 27, 2014
robert
"Nice area"
Very poor condition, dirty hallway carpets, internet speed extremely poor, so poor I couldn't even connect my 2nd day here. Overall hotel needs updating, walls have holes/brackets all over, bathroom shower wallpaper pealing. Place needs a complete overall. Tons of TV channels to choose from.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
Steve D
Overall a very good experience. The motel was easy to find and close to the Welcome Center. We were able to walk to the Center very easily. It was centrally located for all the places we visited. We would definitely recommend the motel. At breakfast we very often spoke with people who come to the motel on an annual basis. We are planning to visit Door County again and will definitely stay at the Comfort Inn again.
Other trip Sep 27, 2014
Hotel room smelled like old stale cigarettes. Hotel needs a complete redo.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
"Nice way to see Door County"
The only problem that I had with this hotel is that housekeeping kept forgetting to close the doors to the rooms after they were done cleaning.
2 night trip Sep 10, 2014
The bathroom was full of mold and the toilet seat was falling off. Due to the mold the room had a disgusting smell that you could not get rid of. if you have allergies do not stay there.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Such friendly people on staff: so pleasant when we rolled in very late after a Packer game. The beds were wonderful; we got a very good night's sleep!
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Marsha
"Very nice hotel! Everything is in short driving!"
Omg! Breakfast was delirious! Very beautiful views! Short driving to anywhere in Door County!
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Olga
"Convenient location, comfy beds, wonderful staff"
We were on vacation to the Door County area when we stayed here. As vacationers do, we slept in on our first morning, and missed the complimentary breakfast time. The breakfast attendant was very sweet and pulled out all the 'cold' breakfast items for us, despite that it was at least a half hour after breakfast was finished. The only complaint I have is the dryer in the guest laundry area didn't work. This would have been an issue (we had a little one have an "accident" in her sleep and needed to wash clothes) but the front desk attendant was kind enough to let me use the hotel's dryer. The hotel staff went above and beyond the call of duty for us more than once, truly showing Midwest hospitality, and we can't say enough good things about them!
3 night trip Aug 3, 2014
"One night stay"
Beds were comfy. Breakfast was basic, but enough food to get the day started without having to stop someplace to eat.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Martin
Had to wear flip flops in shower it was so dirty..
3 night trip Jun 30, 2014
"decent"
We were slightly disappointed because it was listed as having a fitness center and there wasn't any. It also sounded like an elephant was in the room above us which is annoying with small children that need their sleep. Breakfast was good. Pool was nice, didn't exceed 4feet deep which makes it family friendly in my mind.
1 night family trip Jun 30, 2014
"Convenient, reasonable, clean and friendly"
Was only able to stay one night on our first trip to Door County. Hotel was easy to find, clean, and staff was friendly. Most comfortable bed I've ever slept in! Good continental breakfast as well, make your own waffles, scrambled eggs and sausage. Room was very clean. There was a small pool that we didn't have time to use, but no hot tub (not that we would have had time for that either lol.) Wasn't a very "scenic" location, on the main highway, but with all the sight seeing we had planned, that was no issue for us. Would stay again!
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
L
"Great hotel!!"
This was the perfect place to stay. Centrally located to everything we wanted to do in door county. Clean. Spacious. Staff very friendly.
4 night business trip Jun 20, 2014
candy Jordan
"Nice hotel, close to everything,"
Nice hotel, close to everything, nice pool, staff was nice, clean room, comfortable beds.
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
"Maintenance needed"
Facility is dated, wallpaper peeling, carpet against the lower wall (mopboard) is missing....but rooms were clean, staff friendly.
1 night trip Jan 27, 2014
"Very Average"
This is an OK place to stay the night. Our room was not as clean as one would expect. The trim around the shower looked like it was slapped on there to cover something up. Room could have been dusted more thoroughly. Lights were off in the pool area (at 6:00 p.m.) and when I asked, they said they CAN turn the lights on if I wanted. Sounded like we were asking a lot, though. Breakfast: Meat was cold and the eggs were crunchy, english muffins were hard and dry. Coffee was good.
1 night trip Dec 13, 2013
Photo bug
quiet location; convenient to highway, bathroom needs some updating - no grout around the floor tiles; tub - shower floor squeeks.... bed was very comfortable
1 night trip Nov 4, 2013