All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
1757 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL, 33139, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Wellness
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Great pool
  • Value
    Poor value for money
    Room is not nice
    Bad internet service
Rooms too small. Wasn't very clean. Staff not that friendly.
2 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
"Close to the beach, shopping,"
Bugs in the rooms, bathtub was dirty, no refrigerator, dirty carpet, no coffee in rooms, TV was so low you could not watch from bed, over priced
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
Zachery
"Close to the Miami Convention Center"
If it were not for the dirty room, I would stay here again in a heartbeat!
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Patrick
"Dissapointed"
I wasn't expecting 5 star but this hotel was defiantly not worth the amount we paid. It felt as if I was in a motel instead of a boutique hotel.
5 night romance trip Aug 3, 2015
Janice
Comfortable hotel. Very pleasant staff.
Response by Richmond Oceanfront Hotel
Thank you very much for your lovely comments and review of our property and staff. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!
1 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
Henri
"Very Disappointed"
We were very disappointed in this hotel; especially for the price. We were happy to only be there three nights. The room was incredibly small and the mattress was old and sunken across the middle. We had to tighten the screw on the cold water handle in the tub to enable us to turn it on, plus one of the pieces of the hot water handle on the sink was broken off. I found black mold around the mouth of the sink faucet as well; used hand sanitizer and tissues to remove it. Our last morning there, we were on the beach for the day and came back at 4:00 pm to find the room had not been made up or cleaned. I notified the front desk, who assured me that when we returned from dinner that it would be done. It was not; a stack of clean towels was left on the TV stand, but no cleaning, no extra toiletries, and the bed was still untouched. Will not be booking this hotel again.
3 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
"Work needed in this hotel."
I have been in this hotel many times but this will probably be the last time. The Richmond is already due for remodeling. Some rooms have refrigerator some don't. The customer service at the hotel doesn't make you feel comfortable. This hotel is in a very good location but that is not all when you are looking for a place to stay and relax.
3 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
"Excellent location on the beach."
Easy walking to shops, restaurants and clubs. Friendly staff.
Response by Richmond Oceanfront Hotel
We greatly aprceciate being able to have you as our guest and also your exceptional comments and review of our property and staff. We look forward to the great pleasure of welcoming you back soon!
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Jay
"I love the Richmond Hotel."
The Richmond Hotel is great. This was our second stay there. It is in a great location, has a very nice pool and hot tub. The rooms are very clean and the a/c is super cool. The employees are good in general except for the maid service. The frequently did not leave towels or Kleenex and they came knocking later to drop them off. I will also say the plumbing is not the best but I still give this hotel a high rating because the pros definitely outweigh the cons which are just minor inconveniences. And, it's right on the beach. Who could ask for anything more?
Response by Richmond Oceanfront Hotel
We truly appreciate your kind comments and we are very pleased to welcome you and serve you as our guest. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back: you will be exceptionally pleased with the many significant upgrades being made at the Richmond!
6 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
"close to the beach."
This facility is good for someone who just wants a place to sleep. Their pool is nice and well mantained, the beach is walking distance right behind the hotel.
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
"Really close to the beach"
Good experience, staff was pretty good. Loved how close to the beach it was. Bathroom experience was eh. Water temperature was tricky to adjust
Response by Richmond Oceanfront Hotel
Thank you for being our guest at the Richmond. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Feel free to contact us directly for our special rates and packages available to our repeat guests.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
Erin
"Great location but the hotel needs love"
First, a big shout out to the cafe staff. The food was fantastic and it's all prepared fresh to order (which means it takes a bit longer but I love that nothing sits under a heat lamp!). The staff could not have been more friendly or customer-focused. The location of the hotel is fantastic - a short walk to Lincoln Road, lots of high end hotels nearby with great restaurants and bars, and of course, the beach is right out the back gate of the property. The property itself, however, is a disappointment. It is very, very tired and is in desperate need of some love. We have stayed at the Richmond several times over the last few years because we love the architecture of the grand dame Miami hotels from the 40s. With each passing year the hotel has gotten more worn and after this trip we probably won't go back until she's had a bit of a facelift. That makes me sad and I look forward to a chance to return to the Richmond - hopefully, sooner than later.
4 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
"Good for 3-4 days."
Hotel was pretty nice and the pool was nice as well. Rooms were pretty small but overall the staff was nice. Food at the cafe by the pool was good. I liked it. Me and my wife stood there for 4 days and 3 nights and we liked it. It was my wife's first time in Miami so she loved it
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Erick
It was wonderful stay, hotel was clean. the staff was very nice and inviting. I enjoyed it very much and will stay again.
Response by Richmond Oceanfront Hotel
Thank you for being our guest at the Richmond! We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Contact us directly for special rates and amenities that you may receive as our Repeat Guest!
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"Great Location and Hotel"
My boyfriend and I had a great time at Richmond Hotel. The area which the hotel is located was great. Walking distance to everything. Ocean drive, Lincoln Ave and many restaurants. The pool area is beautiful and Christopher that worked around the pool was always friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again.
Response by Richmond Oceanfront Hotel
It was a great pleasure having you as our guest at the Richmond! Thank you for your wonderful comments and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.
4 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
mary
It's a so so hotel, don't let the pics fool you. the workers n staff cool tho
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
matwest
"First vacation with fiancée!"
Rachelle was great!! Would stay again. Not too happy about $40 a day for parking or the small driveway, but great hotel!!
3 night romance trip Jun 24, 2015
LaTonya
Good location friendly staff restaurant had very slow service and food was not good everything else was great
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
Nice hotel but the room services sucks.. They need better house keepers
5 night romance trip Jun 17, 2015
Janine
Greate place for my vacaciones
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Esveydi
"Good location, I expect more from this hotels"
I expected more, it's a clean Hotel but small and the breakfast in the hotel is horrible, I recommend you to pay more to go to another hotel to have a better experience!! The only good thing is the location
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
nelly
"No refrigerator, nice pool, great staff"
Front desk let us check in early, julian the breakfest chef was amazing (order the waffle.) There wasnt any fridge to keep our water cold.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
Danny
The water pressure kept changing and getting extremely hot, the cleaning staff were cheap with the towels, and they were not pleasant.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
"Classic Miami Oceanfront hotel"
Whats not to love about The Richmond hotel.. It's our absolute favorite! We stay there year after year. Never any issues or problems. Great Art Deco hotel, Direct gated oceanfront access, Close to everything, Very helpful and accommodating staff. I also suggest a relaxing lunch or drink by the pool while you're there.
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
Jim & Jillian
"Excellent location however very old building"
I was very disappointed with this hotel. Very old and not what I expected.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Keith
Hotel was comfortable, clean and friendly staff. Location is excellent. With just a little more upgrades, this could be comparable to a four star hotel.
2 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015
Jacqueline
"Great staff & location."
Bathroom small & outdated, bed hard. Great location. Great hotel staff! Room cleaned daily. Would rate a 2 star instead 3.5. We got a great price $420 but when my GF went to book it went to $740 waaaay out of range for this hotel. I guess it was the location.
3 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
Ydeia
"Great location."
Hotel was more like a 2 star! Bathroom was small & outdated. Bedroom was clean but bed was very hard.
3 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
"Nice staff"
Just want to first Thank Christopher by the pool TIP HIM WELL IN CASH! HE DESERVES IT!, Gustavo cook and bartender, and Filberto front desk, and Carlos, these men were nothing but courteous and made our stat awesome! this is an avarage sobe hotel please do not expect caviar breakfast in bed for the price like cmon
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
"Nice hotel and close to the beach"
My experience was good. The bathroom did have some mold on the shower wall. It would have been nice if they had cleaned that when they cleaned up our room as well as the leaky faucet and shower head that made that dripping sound all night. Besides that the hotel was nice and close to everything.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Irma
"Beach and location"
It was a decent hotel... Not horrible... Had a hidden charge which got granted back to us after our stay...
Other trip Jun 7, 2015
it was clean and awesome customer service.
3 night trip Jun 4, 2015
Gilbert Maldonado
"The only good thing was its a beach resort"
I checked in and was told I had not paid for the whole 3 nights when I booked on Expedia, I knew I did but the girl at the front desk said I didn't. In my mind I thought "Ok, why would Expedia only charge me for one night?" So I ended up coming out of pocket another 600 and something dollars. I should've called Expedia then and there but I kinda thought maybe they were right and the girl at the desk was dumb. Then the deposit is 200$, I have them cash and said I would bring them my credit card the next day so they could give me my money back and just charge the card. It ended up being a big deal and the manager was right there so she asks him and he turns to her and gives her an answer as if I wasn't there. Finally I get my room key. The TV wasn't working and it took them a whole day and a half to come up and fix it, the shower had no cold water even though it says cold. The room was old. I let it slide because I thought ok all these hotels were old so maybe they were all the same, but then my aunts room who was also staying there was nicer than mine. The only good thing about the hotel was that it had a private entrance to the beach. The loungers are 10$ and the umbrellas are 15$ to rent. So, now I'm back in San Antonio and it turns out I did pay for my whole trip thru Expedia and now I'm in the process of Expedia trying to get a hold of them because they over charged me. don't stay there there's other nicer expensive places too.
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
Nicole
"Internet"
There's no free internet at the hotel most hotels in the area has free internet access and there u have to pay also to use it at the computer room. Is difficult for check online on ur flight also if u have to check emails or other situation that u need Internet access.
Other trip Jun 5, 2015
"Disappointed!"
The hotel is steps from the beach which is the only good thing going for it. It is so outdated until it's ridiculous. There were old blood spots on our bed sheets.The carpet in the hallways were heavily soiled with dirt,the baseboard in the room were dirty, and the tv didn't work when we arrived. Maintenance guy came to find a bad outlet. And the one elevator barely holds 2 people, lord have mercy if you have several suitcases. Will never stay here again.
4 night romance trip May 28, 2015
Cassandra
"Overall good"
Very good for price. Location is more than perfect. It did have a little distinct smell to it in the room, but it was overall good experience! I did not get my deposit back yet though. The front desk staffs are very friendly and nice! The pools are warm and cozy too!
2 night romance trip May 28, 2015
"Close enough the action"
I felt that this was a great location. Not too far from everything and close enough to enjoy the activities. I love the easy access to the beach. The hot tub was great and I enjoyed the nostalgia feeling if the whole hotel. It's a plus having the safe in the room also.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Shirl
"Richmond Hotel Stopover"
Great hotel because of location. It is an older hotel, so there are a few minor things. The only really bad thing was the mold in the shower area and under the sink in the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and quiet. Our room was on the 3rd floor on the side of the building. I wouldn't want anything closer to the street because of traffic noise. I'm glad I didn't pay extra for ocean view because there are huge palm trees between the building and the beach. So, you might catch a glimpse of it if your room is high enough. Drinks at the pool are outrageously priced. But we did enjoy a relaxing time in the pool after we found out that it cost $20 per person to use the seats and umbrellas on the beach no matter if it's an hour or a day! The front desk personnel were always friendly and helpful. Check in and out were both smooth and prompt.
Other trip May 29, 2015
Brenda
"Nice hotel on the beach"
This hotel has beautiful pool area,also available apetizers if you get hungry for affordable prices starting from 11$ ,what I did not like is room ,carpet is old and dirty,barhroom needs renovation.
Other trip May 28, 2015
Katarina
"Never Again"
My Stay Was Okay As Far As Room Was Nice && Clean . Switched To 3 Different Rooms . Got Sick Cus Of The AC . Had Somebody Who Stole My Info Call Da Hotel Posing As a Front Desk Associate && Connected Me 2 Them Without Any Security Protocol . Gave Them My Info Thinking It Was Front Desk . Other Than That Pool Was Nice . Staff Was Okay Besides The Manager He's Very Inconsiderate . But ii Will Never Stay Here Again
4 night business trip May 22, 2015
"Trip was OK"
the money I spent on that room I would think for a lot more it was old everything and small the TV didn't even have good channels will not be staying there again too high for too less
Other trip May 26, 2015
not happy
"Nice outside the veiw very nice from the room"
Its was good and close to alot of things and bus stop close too
Other trip May 26, 2015
mz pink panther
"Quaint comfortable hotel just steps from the beach"
Had a wonderful visit at the Richmond this past weekend was everything and more I expected. Staff extremely friendly and offered excellent customer service. Even got to meet the owners on the outside steps while congrats home from dinner one evening. I will be booking the Richmond again on my next visit for sure. Thank you for a great time!
Other trip May 24, 2015
"Mixed ratings"
NEGATIVE: Rooms very small. No drawers for clothes. Bathroom tiny, with toliet compressed against entry door. Telephone dkd not work. No fresh towels/washcloths put in room on 2 separate days. Floors still gritty after sweeping. Drinking glasses not changed daily. POSITIVE: Helpful staff. Assisted with getting unsupplied items and with city directions. Great location.
Other trip May 23, 2015
"Great staff"
Staff was helpful & friendly. TV was not working.
Response by Richmond Oceanfront Hotel
Thank you for the opportunity of welcoming you to our classic deco property! We are very glad that you had a wonderful stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon!
1 night trip May 10, 2015
"Very Clean...Great Rate...Great Stay"
We stayed overnight upon returning from a carnival cruise. Rooms were available upon early check in. Rooms were very clean and nice in size. plenty of room to move around. The bathroom was ok but it felt like a bathroom at someone's home in a Miami type of way so it was fine. (FYI: Were not traveling to stay in the bathroom) The best part of this hotel is the location, 17th & Collins on the calmer side of South beach. Direct beach access, pool, hot tub. Overall great stay, would recommend to anyone looking for a quick stay. Not luxury but very comfortable and clean. Look at it like this...your not in Miami to stay in the room. Save your luxury funds for the food & drinks....trust me you'll need it. Oh, and be sure to check out Maxine 24hr Diner across the street. Great tasting food for a great price.
Response by Richmond Oceanfront Hotel
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to welcome you to the Richmond. We greatly appreciate your kind comments and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon!
1 night trip May 1, 2015
"Location location location!!!!"
My experience has been positive for the most part. They could change few things and they are doable such as changing the carpet or shampoo it once in a while, improve the bath tub drainage, but my biggest issue with the room is that it has super super thin wall! I hated listing other people do it, that's just discusting for me. We were lucky next door people were not partying type so they were quite for the most part but if u had the noisy ppl next you then u will be up the whole night and that's the only reason i wouldn't recommend this place. The location is just perfect!!!
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
Mex
"Good location, decent hotel"
all was great, rooms were clean and service was good. The pool was nice also.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"Great Location, but Seriously Outdated Hotel"
Can't beat the location and beach access, but the hotel is serious run down and dirty. The staff is pleasant, however, and the pool area is descent though the water temperature was hotter than a bath you would take at home. If they simply updated the rooms and hallways, what a gem they would have.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"Nasty , old hotel on good location though..."
BE AWARE FROM THIS PLACE AT ALL COST !!! The rooms are extremely dirty and noisy. There was stains on the sheets , the carpet and the pillows. The walls were dirty and there was a mold in the bathroom. The hallways look dark and tight like in horror movie... The chairs on the pool were covered with dirt and there was ants everywhere... The water in the pool was looking more dirty , than this one in the Ocean.This place hasn't been remodeled since it was built in the last century...
Other trip Apr 26, 2015