All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America

Great pool
    Room is not nice
    Bad internet service
"ROACH MOTEL"
hotel was absolutely horrible I never post on reviews. but I am on this one. I feel sorry for the people that vacation their.all their money going to waste their. the front desk staff were very rude it all started when they didn't have my room available because their system was down and didn't go thru until 1 hr later. they charge forty dollars a day for valet no matter what I never experienced that and I stayed at way better hotels then this one. I can go on and on about this hotel but I'll end it with it having roaches in the hotel. I leave it at that.
Response by Richmond Oceanfront Hotel
We are very sorry that you were so dissapointed. We pride ourselves on our hospitality and typically recieve rave reviews regarding our staff and our lovely property..
1 night trip Oct 9, 2015
"Close to the beach"
Okay, it was good Everything is clean I didnt expected to thay tak deposit form me, but they take After that I tell to him and thay give me back my money
Other trip Sep 27, 2015
Aleksandar
"Old, worn,"
Checked in late at 10pm and was asked to sign and initial paperwork promising not to smoke in room, that it was a smoke free hotel. Was then given a room that smelled so thick with smoke I was nauseous. I don't smoke. There were cigarette burns on the furniture and the bathroom was nasty. As I got off elevator there was an awful smell like a toilet was backed up for a few days. I complained and they moved me to a better room that was clean. But for two days every time I had to use the elevator I was hit with that disgusting toilet smell. They ran a fan by day which helped but at night the rotten smell returned. The lobby only had two seats at the concierge table and a daybed. On two occasions at night the staff was asleep on the daybed. When I left to check out there was no one at the front desk and only a staff person sleeping deeply on the daybed. I just left. Also there was no furniture outside in the front. Every other hotel had at least a sofa and some chairs. Restaurant is only open for breakfast and lunch and when I asked if they could make a cocktail and serve by pool there was no staff to do so. Just one very sweet lady behind the counter in the kitchen.
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
Disappointed
"Oceanfront"
Worst hotel I've ever stayed in. You have to go downstairs in the lobby area to use WiFi. The hotel manager made copies of my credit card and when ask to not do that. I was advised this was hotel policy to make paper copies of guest credit card incase of damages. Then discarded 2 weeks after stay. The rooms were super small and house keeping lied stating I had a do not disturb sign outside of my door when honestly it was flipped to say service needed. I also spoke with the housekeeping male advising what i need to be done. Only to return to the same as left. The manager did move us to another room however the only good thing I would say about this hotel is...the breakfast food was great. However the restaurant closes at 5pm daily. Even during the holiday so we had to find another place to eat daily. It stormed every day we stayed.
Response by Richmond Oceanfront Hotel
The Richmond offers WiFi service offered over the entire property. Complete Daily Made Service is provided between 9 AM and 5 PM.
Other trip Sep 13, 2015
"FABULOUS!!!!"
The Richmond was a true South Beach surprise. The entire staff was exceptionally friendly, helpful and informative. They were very courteous . The Desk staff and restaurant were all extremely charming and informative and made our stay most memorable! We will tell our friends about this place and we will definitely be coming back.
Response by Richmond Oceanfront Hotel
Thank you very much!! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
"Not a happy customer"
Was not satisfied. There were bugs everywhere. Will not stay here again
2 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
"Good service"
Great location. Good service Not a luxury hotel but just fine for the orice
Response by Richmond Oceanfront Hotel
It is a pleasure having you as our guest at the Richmond.
2 night romance trip Sep 3, 2015
Bruce
This hotel is on a totally different scale - there's no way it's 3.5 stars. Rooms were not clean. Everything is out dated. We had to get help from the front desk go get the tv to work. some random guest were able to walk in our room while we were sleeping with their room keys. This place needs a lot of work
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
"Close to the beach but not even 2 stars"
The hotel is really poor not even 2 stars Not well maintenance
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
"Nice hotel in beach"
Great hotel with access to beach. Nice swimming pool. Downside is way over priced. Paid $39 for 2 scrabbled eggs and 2 very small orange juice. Very late check in at 4pm and still have to check out at 12 feel like they ripped us off an hour. Otherwise. Great location. Clean. Friendly staff.
Other trip Sep 4, 2015
yoki
"Nice hotel close to the beach and Lincoln road."
tbest place to stay with a couple en south Beac. Close to all you have want to do, eat and shop
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
Ruben
Nice pool, breakfast, and close to the beach. You can walk to wherever you want to go.
Response by Richmond Oceanfront Hotel
Thank you for being our guest at the Richmond. We are pleased that you are enjoying your stay. Please contact our Front Desk at any time if we may assist you!
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
"DON'T EVEN WASTE YOUR TIME, ENERGY, OR MONEY... RU"
The hotel was not at all what we expected. It doesn't look anything like the pictures, it's old, the carpet in the room smells horrible and I ended up checking out early because there was a weird urine smell that kept taking over the room and it drove me crazy I couldn't sleep it was so loud. Even the valet guy was rude and told us to hurry up and park or leave. Mind you i live in Miami just trying to enjoy a little weekend getaway in my own back yard. BIG MISTAKE. Never again I would rather spend a little more $$$ for more comfort. Yuck....
Response by Richmond Oceanfront Hotel
We are very sorry that you were disappointed with your stay with us. Our property is just as it is shown in all of our photos which are very current. We are well known for our warm hospitality and friendly staff.
2 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2015
Sandy
"Small rooms"
The location of the hotel was great. They had great customer service. The rooms were super small and we had ants. And the walls are thin we heard everything the people next to us were saying or doing.
3 night trip with friends Aug 20, 2015
"Wast of money"
The service is horrible, the staff is lazy,not attentive and don't know what their doing. The rooms are dirty and everything is broken. Walls are paper thin and you can hear everything in the next room. They couldn't find my reservation at check in even though I called they day before to verify. They couldn't find my luggage in their storage room when checking out. Was on a non smoking floor but people were smoking cigarettes and drugs. Pool was very warm not cold and refreshing.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
"Not very good"
Dirty, dingy hallways, lobby, food area. Restaurant was not nice either. Rooms are ok, but some power outlets did not work.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
"Bad.... Need major renovations"
Run down motel
Response by Richmond Oceanfront Hotel
We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
2 night romance trip Aug 18, 2015
"Needs saving!"
Not a bad price for on the beach but that's all your paying for. Check in staff seemed confused. Check out staff seemed overwhelmed. Neither were interactive. Rooms need updating. Carpet was poorly patched, room decor is cheap, room felt dirty. Hairs found throughout room, shower didn't drain, TV was not working. We had a room on first floor just off the lobby and it was very noisy. Breakfast was a disappointment. It was far too expensive for quaility recieved. Coffee was so bad, neither of us could drink it without 10 packets of sugar and equal amounts creamer. Ordered strawberry waffle, got blueberry. The only redeeming qualities is this hotel is right on the beach, close walking distance to everything you need on South Beach and the overnight staff was good. There's a reason they had vacancies when the surrounding hotels did not.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
Ashley
"Considering the price its ok"
Hotel is old, rooms are small and old and so dirty! I went to the pool and smelled like Clorox the whole day ! The hallways look extra creepy. Only okay thing was the bed. This is more like a motel feeling. They need to renovate cuz the beach front is a plus.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
jaz
"Amazing people"
I have to say this was another amazing experience thanks to very friendly and helpful people. Mainly thanks to Mariano who from beginning until the end tried his best and always delivered any request we had. He definitely went above and beyond his responsibility and has as a person great energy. As well all the other staff. Thank you so much.
Response by Richmond Oceanfront Hotel
Thank you for beeing our guest and your wonderful comments.See you again soon and tell your friends about the Richmond!
2 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
Mario
"It was ok, just wasn't for me"
When we arrived the hotel receptionist was welcoming and pleasant. When we got to our room it was small. There was desk, a closet, a bed and a bathroom. The cleaning crew was not very through. They did not leave clean towels or empty trashcans. We requested clean towel and washcloths the entire stay and they did not bring enough. They did not clean our rooms the 2 nights we stayed even after leaving a please service sign on the door. There was no ironing board to go with the iron. The television was lower than the bed so we have to sit up most of the night to look at TV. It was a 19" flat screen. When we took a shower the water pressure was low kept going in and out. When you flushed the toilet it made a loud squeaking sound. The walls was thin and the neighbors was loud played music half the night and noise in the morning. There was not ice machine on our floor but there was not sign stating exactly where they were. There was no plugs near the bed they was over near the desk where we had to plug everything up. So if someone called you would have to get up to get the phone. We visited the pool area which was one of the nicer areas of the hotel. This is where the free Wi-Fi was it was only in the lobby and restaurant area or else you have to pay $10 a night. There are a lot of nice places to visit in this area. I was pleased with the location it was just 3-4 blocks away from Ocean drive - that is if you want to stay away from all the noise at night.
3 night romance trip Aug 5, 2015
Janet
"Great location! We will certainly be back!"
Hotel Staff is excellent Mariano specifically was a gem and we so appreciated his attention to detail so much!
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
FuturesMBP
"DONT STAY HERE"
Fefe at the front desk has a horrible attitude, not friendly super loud and has a problem with everything you ask. Hotel was not clean had bugs wwnt and got my own bug spray, no iron no fridge,bathroom is out of date and the tile was dirty didn want to walk on floor, tile in the tub was molded . Toilet was not completely flushing. TV did not work kept having to call. Then u can't get towels or anything after a certain time because there is no staff. Just a horrible place
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
Hotel is older but has been kept up, pretty Art Deco pool area and great boardwalk right at the back gate.
Response by Richmond Oceanfront Hotel
Thank you for being our guest at the Richmond. We hope that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
Marie
Rooms too small. Wasn't very clean. Staff not that friendly.
2 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
"Close to the beach, shopping,"
Bugs in the rooms, bathtub was dirty, no refrigerator, dirty carpet, no coffee in rooms, TV was so low you could not watch from bed, over priced
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
Zachery
"Close to the Miami Convention Center"
If it were not for the dirty room, I would stay here again in a heartbeat!
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Patrick
"Dissapointed"
I wasn't expecting 5 star but this hotel was defiantly not worth the amount we paid. It felt as if I was in a motel instead of a boutique hotel.
5 night romance trip Aug 3, 2015
Janice
Comfortable hotel. Very pleasant staff.
Response by Richmond Oceanfront Hotel
Thank you very much for your lovely comments and review of our property and staff. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!
1 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
Henri
"Very Disappointed"
We were very disappointed in this hotel; especially for the price. We were happy to only be there three nights. The room was incredibly small and the mattress was old and sunken across the middle. We had to tighten the screw on the cold water handle in the tub to enable us to turn it on, plus one of the pieces of the hot water handle on the sink was broken off. I found black mold around the mouth of the sink faucet as well; used hand sanitizer and tissues to remove it. Our last morning there, we were on the beach for the day and came back at 4:00 pm to find the room had not been made up or cleaned. I notified the front desk, who assured me that when we returned from dinner that it would be done. It was not; a stack of clean towels was left on the TV stand, but no cleaning, no extra toiletries, and the bed was still untouched. Will not be booking this hotel again.
3 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
"Work needed in this hotel."
I have been in this hotel many times but this will probably be the last time. The Richmond is already due for remodeling. Some rooms have refrigerator some don't. The customer service at the hotel doesn't make you feel comfortable. This hotel is in a very good location but that is not all when you are looking for a place to stay and relax.
3 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
"Excellent location on the beach."
Easy walking to shops, restaurants and clubs. Friendly staff.
Response by Richmond Oceanfront Hotel
We greatly aprceciate being able to have you as our guest and also your exceptional comments and review of our property and staff. We look forward to the great pleasure of welcoming you back soon!
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Jay
"I love the Richmond Hotel."
The Richmond Hotel is great. This was our second stay there. It is in a great location, has a very nice pool and hot tub. The rooms are very clean and the a/c is super cool. The employees are good in general except for the maid service. The frequently did not leave towels or Kleenex and they came knocking later to drop them off. I will also say the plumbing is not the best but I still give this hotel a high rating because the pros definitely outweigh the cons which are just minor inconveniences. And, it's right on the beach. Who could ask for anything more?
Response by Richmond Oceanfront Hotel
We truly appreciate your kind comments and we are very pleased to welcome you and serve you as our guest. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back: you will be exceptionally pleased with the many significant upgrades being made at the Richmond!
6 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
"close to the beach."
This facility is good for someone who just wants a place to sleep. Their pool is nice and well mantained, the beach is walking distance right behind the hotel.
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
"Really close to the beach"
Good experience, staff was pretty good. Loved how close to the beach it was. Bathroom experience was eh. Water temperature was tricky to adjust
Response by Richmond Oceanfront Hotel
Thank you for being our guest at the Richmond. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Feel free to contact us directly for our special rates and packages available to our repeat guests.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
Erin
"Great location but the hotel needs love"
First, a big shout out to the cafe staff. The food was fantastic and it's all prepared fresh to order (which means it takes a bit longer but I love that nothing sits under a heat lamp!). The staff could not have been more friendly or customer-focused. The location of the hotel is fantastic - a short walk to Lincoln Road, lots of high end hotels nearby with great restaurants and bars, and of course, the beach is right out the back gate of the property. The property itself, however, is a disappointment. It is very, very tired and is in desperate need of some love. We have stayed at the Richmond several times over the last few years because we love the architecture of the grand dame Miami hotels from the 40s. With each passing year the hotel has gotten more worn and after this trip we probably won't go back until she's had a bit of a facelift. That makes me sad and I look forward to a chance to return to the Richmond - hopefully, sooner than later.
4 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
"Good for 3-4 days."
Hotel was pretty nice and the pool was nice as well. Rooms were pretty small but overall the staff was nice. Food at the cafe by the pool was good. I liked it. Me and my wife stood there for 4 days and 3 nights and we liked it. It was my wife's first time in Miami so she loved it
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Erick
It was wonderful stay, hotel was clean. the staff was very nice and inviting. I enjoyed it very much and will stay again.
Response by Richmond Oceanfront Hotel
Thank you for being our guest at the Richmond! We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Contact us directly for special rates and amenities that you may receive as our Repeat Guest!
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"Great Location and Hotel"
My boyfriend and I had a great time at Richmond Hotel. The area which the hotel is located was great. Walking distance to everything. Ocean drive, Lincoln Ave and many restaurants. The pool area is beautiful and Christopher that worked around the pool was always friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again.
4 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
mary
It's a so so hotel, don't let the pics fool you. the workers n staff cool tho
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
matwest
"First vacation with fiancée!"
Rachelle was great!! Would stay again. Not too happy about $40 a day for parking or the small driveway, but great hotel!!
Response by Richmond Oceanfront Hotel
It was a great pleasure having you as our guest at the Richmond! Thank you for your wonderful comments and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.
3 night romance trip Jun 24, 2015
LaTonya
Good location friendly staff restaurant had very slow service and food was not good everything else was great
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
Nice hotel but the room services sucks.. They need better house keepers
5 night romance trip Jun 17, 2015
Janine
Greate place for my vacaciones
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Esveydi
"Good location, I expect more from this hotels"
I expected more, it's a clean Hotel but small and the breakfast in the hotel is horrible, I recommend you to pay more to go to another hotel to have a better experience!! The only good thing is the location
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
nelly
"No refrigerator, nice pool, great staff"
Front desk let us check in early, julian the breakfest chef was amazing (order the waffle.) There wasnt any fridge to keep our water cold.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
Danny
The water pressure kept changing and getting extremely hot, the cleaning staff were cheap with the towels, and they were not pleasant.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
"Classic Miami Oceanfront hotel"
Whats not to love about The Richmond hotel.. It's our absolute favorite! We stay there year after year. Never any issues or problems. Great Art Deco hotel, Direct gated oceanfront access, Close to everything, Very helpful and accommodating staff. I also suggest a relaxing lunch or drink by the pool while you're there.
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
Jim & Jillian
"Excellent location however very old building"
I was very disappointed with this hotel. Very old and not what I expected.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Keith
Hotel was comfortable, clean and friendly staff. Location is excellent. With just a little more upgrades, this could be comparable to a four star hotel.
2 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015