All hotels in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
1583 Brunswick St, Halifax, NS, B3J 3P5, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

Fantastic
2 night romance trip Aug 23, 2015
"Cozy and clean"
Cambridge Suites set our family of three up in a corner suite and made sure we had our requested crib and a fan for extra white noise waiting in our room. I appreciated this as our 18 month old is a difficult sleeper and later that night we heard a lot of noise from other quests down the hall, so being tucked away in the corner of the building was perfect for us. We also had excellent service at the breakfast buffet.
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
The room was really loud and the floor old and dirty!
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
Franz
""Good luck on your exam!""
I recently stayed at Cambridge Suites while writing an exam for my MBA program at Dalhousie University. I was there for the whole week studying, and on Thursday night I received a card under my door which read, "Good luck on your exam tomorrow. Make sure that you have a good breakfast before you write." Attached to the card was a coupon for a free hot breakfast at the restaurant. What a nice surprise. My classmates and I will definitely be staying at Cambridge suites again in the future.
6 night business trip Aug 16, 2015
"Consistency on hotel experience"
The first time at this hotel was very remarkable thats why I rebooked at this hotel. But the second one was not that happy because the room was given to us was not spacious at all not sure because of the two bed was taking it all the space of the room. And the house keeping staff need to do something about the room smell because they can really really improve the aroma of the room to make it more suitable and enjoyable for the guest. They should have at least stored few cutleries and plate inside the room. So the guest wont have to call front desk to ask for it. The staff was friendly.
1 night trip with friends Aug 17, 2015
Jared
Surprised by the quality of the room. Hot a room with two double beds and was delighted to walk into a suite with two rooms, one with 2 double beds and another with a pullout couch. Front desk was very helpful and cheery.
1 night trip with friends Aug 13, 2015
"Great breakfast."
Good breakfast, well located but we could hear the traffic noise.
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
"Week in Halifax"
Week long getaway to Halifax. Great location, gave nice walks everywhere, great food nearby.
5 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
A 4 day trip to Halifax with friends. The staff were extremely helpful & friendly. The local area is undergoing major reconstruction, but that didn't affect our enjoyment of The Cambridge Suites. Ideally situated close to all local attractions. We would be happy to return.
4 night trip with friends Jul 28, 2015
We stayed in a suite and the room was spacious and the amenities are good. The location is excellent for seeing the sights.
2 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
catherine
"Great location and comfortable beds"
Stayed here with a friend while visiting g family. The hotel staff was super friendly and the rooms were spacious and very comfortable. The breakfast was also very good. There is underground parking available, but it is an extra $18 a day which I found kind of expensive.
3 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2015
"Excellent hotel"
Loved the Suite.
1 night romance trip Jul 13, 2015
Michel
Good stay, would recommend to others, my only notation would be the elevators/hallway carpets were not clean, just needed a good vacuum. Our room was clean other than the carpet, shoes needed in room. Had supper in the lounge once staff were great, kudos to them.
3 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
"Great brief stay at a conveniently located hotel."
Although it was a short stay, the hotel is nicely located to everything close so we covered a lot of ground in a very short time. It is located right across from the Citadel and uphill from the wharf. The staff are friendly and the rooms inviting. You have to pay for parking, but you don't need to use your car if you're interested in local attractions. The hill to the wharf is quite steep so beware if you have mobility concerns.
1 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
Lori
"Happy In Halifax"
Nice Hotel, modern and updated... I would definitely stay here again
3 night business trip Jun 10, 2015
Ivan
"Staff so friendly and helpful"
Stay was very enjoyable- hotel was just the right size - not crazy busy with people but busy enough and people were friendly
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
Vee
"Halifax"
When we arrived at the hotel , we found out that our trip to the city , was at the some time of the Blue Nose marathon, but even with a capacity at full , the attendants at the front desk were helpful and friendly !! We spent three days and was a really a nice and pleasant experience that went along with the beautiful city
Other trip May 28, 2015
virgil
"Great!"
Definitely stay here again! I wish I could have stayed longer. Comfortable bed, quiet room, wifi worked, modern. Hotel staff were friendly. Location of the hotel was in walking distance of everything. Breakfast could have had more variety but it was free so can't really complain. Loved my stay here. Highly recommend.
Other trip May 27, 2015
kahlia
"Great place!"
Great hotel, well located, excellent service and nice room. I will come back for sure!
1 night business trip May 13, 2015
"Comfortable stay"
I had a lovely stay, as usual, at Cambridge Suites. I found the location very convenient to everything I wanted to do. Staff very friendly and helpful. I could use a little more variety in the buffet breakfast egg offerings from day to day, but otherwise not a single thing to complain about.
3 night family trip May 15, 2015
Nora
"Centralized location...but parking is a pain"
Didnt expect to be charged $18+various taxes in a small city...in fact one has to pay for parking everywhere within City limits.....Breakfast is below what I expected...For the same money..I will stay in a much nicer place further away from City centre
Other trip May 18, 2015
D' Professor
"Nice Hotel centrally located"
The meet and greet on Wednesday night was a very nice surprise. All the staff were very helpful.
Other trip May 13, 2015
Great location for strolling near harbour front or Spring Garden Road. Enjoyed convenience of having an apt-sized fridge and microwave in the room. Would easily stay again.
Other trip May 11, 2015
Pauline
"Lovely room. Delightful staff."
One night stay for medical appointment very early AM. Cheerful wake up call. Good coffee and a piece of fruit before dining room. Convenient to restaurants and hospitals. Great staff. Great amenities. Climate system a bit noisy.
1 night romance trip Apr 8, 2015
"downtown hotel"
good room and service. great breakfest.
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
"Good place to go with university aged children"
We usually pick Cambridge suites as the suites have a door closing off the bedroom from the living area with a pull out bed - perfect if visiting with adult children. Also love how handy location is to everything and the hot tub in the excercise room. Continental breakfast included is also very helpful.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Weekend at the Halifax Cambridge suite with the ki"
Generally a good experience overall. Rather limited parking spaces for the expected number of rooms for s hotel in North America. BUT it's complimentary and that was a big plus. The free breakfast was also added bonus
2 night business trip Apr 17, 2015
"Great hotel in centre of Halifax"
Everything was 'above expectation.' Check-in was fast, room spotless, well equipped and maintained, bed comfortable. The breakfast included with the room was superb. In the hotel's lovely restaurant, full selection of super healthy foods (important as I am in my 60s and have to watch my diet), coffee, tea and a good selection of fruit is available in the lobby at all times. I had to upgrade to a full suite to hold an unexpected business meeting. Front desk staff arranged instantly, at an excellent rate. In the room change, as I later discovered, I had left an expensive piece of rain gear in my old room. The housekeeping staff quickly found the item for me. Location is wonderful -- at centre of Halifax business and heritage district, blocks from entertainment district (but the hotel is very quiet at all times).
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Roger
A lovely hotel with very friendly staff. Would certainly recommend and plan to stay there again.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
"Hotel exceptional in location staff super friendly"
Everything was excellent except the most important the beds were super hard, woke up sore in am, did tell; staff at checkout, she said they were upgrading mattresses and may not have been broken in yet
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
Arden
If any complaints : the parking for this hotel is not organized... they charge u to use parking but when you go to use it, there is no parking.. then they tell u to double park and leavce them the keys and they will move it... i personaly am not comfortable with this... the parking should be for motel clients only.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Visit during the Curling Championship"
We took in the last three days of the World's Men Curling Championship. We were a 5 minute walk away from the Scotia Center. The location was ideal - no more than 10 minutes from every destination that we had. Continental breakfast was a nice feature and the heated parking as well.
2 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
Rocky
"Nice downtown hotel"
Great Staff, great location. Indoor parking. Very clean. Restaurant on sight
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
Doug
"Very nice hotel, close to all amenities."
Wonderful experience, staff were great!!!!! Only drawback which they can't control........bars close in early morning hours and bar patrons find their way home ( several, at least) via the street overseeing our room. Drunk and loud.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Christopher
We had a pleasant stay. The staff were very cordial and helpful.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Super friendly staff, quiet rooms, central locatio"
I asked for a quiet room and got one. Hotel staff both at the front desk and in the breakfast room were unbelievably friendly and helpful. Despite a pretty great breakfast spread, one staff member apologized because there was less fresh stuff than usual due to the recent storms that had Halifax almost shut down the two days before. I loved the huge fruit salad bowl -- freshly cut up fruit and lots of it. It was a much better serve yourself breakfast spread than most hotels I have stayed at. The room was quite, clean and we could see Citadel park from our window. My only complaint, and it's not a big one, is the pillows were a tad big and lumpy. The beds, however, were sink-in soft and comfy. Parking was an extra $19 a day which I wasn't aware of, but given the lack of onstreet parking during that snow period, there was no choice. And it sure was nice to park indoors. I suspect a parking fee is pretty standard for most downtown hotels, but it would have been nice for it to be made clear a head of time. I would definitely go back!
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
Andrea
"The star of the show"
It was awesome! Stayed only for one night, the front-desk staff were really friendly and accommodating to all of my questions about the area and the hotel. The fitness center surprised me, I thought it was only going to have a treadmill and some weights, but it was an actual gym with different equipment. The hot tub was clean and warm and the sauna was nice. The room was really nice, very modern. The hotel restaurant was the star of the show. I had the pan cooked haddock and I had the pretzel cheesecake for desert. It was so yummy and filling and the cost was great for what I had got, about twenty some dollars for my whole meal. A great place to stay at, I loved it.
1 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2015
"Excellent hotel despite Blizzard"
The hotel we were in and the room we were given was clean and comfortable. Occasionally you could hear people talking as they walked down the hallway but other than that it was a quiet hotel. The breakfast was delicious and there was plenty of fruit to enjoy. When there was a huge snowstorm on March 18th, they still were able to keep the hotel working flawlessly and helped us with getting to the airport the next day when all the bus transportation was canceled. I would definitely come back to this hotel if I am in the Halifax area again.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
"Review"
other than the food found under the pillow on the hide a bed, the stay was awesome
1 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
"great staff"
staff was amazing, very helpful. Rooms were nice and clean, wish there were better bedding but that's my only complaint.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Ash
"noisy night"
Stay was very comfortable, but I didn't expect a sports team of teens to be in such a nice place. They were very noisy when they came back to their rooms late at night and the security guard that was on thought it was a good idea to yell down the hall to be quiet. Very hard to get back to sleep with noise lasting over an hour.
1 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
"Nice inner city getaway!"
Prime downtown location, it is within walking distance to everything important to the Halifax experience! Restaurants, shopping, waterfront, nightlife, you are merely minutes away. The suites are modern and the bed & pillows are incredibly comfortable. The staff we spoke with were all very lovely and helpful too, I will definitely be returning!
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Sammie
Great staff, pet friendly and consistent service.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
"Close to metro Center"
Great spot, staff helpful, dealt with a security incident efficiently and quickly
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Never disappoints"
Always have a great experience while staying here. Rooms are clean and staff are great!
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Mostly a very nice stay"
Very clean and bright. Wish there had been a variety of pillow thicknesses as I had to throw all of them on the floor.. too "thick". Also, as it was advertised as having a "kitchenette" I was expecting a couple of plates and eating utensils ( plastic would have been fine) as I have dietary issues and have to bring some food. I usually do carry a couple of plates/utensils but didn't this time.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
Nelson
"Nice hotel I walking distance to most restaurants."
The staff are always so nice and you really get the vibe they love their job! Always a great stay!
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Perfect location"
Great location. Happy staff. Great room with fridge and sink. Breakfast in morning was alright.. They could have had bacon or hashbrowns but IT was free. Will stay here again.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
kayla
my stay was pleasant except for the way the television is now set up
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
"nice hotel great location great staff"
it was a great stay. nice hotel great location great staff
Other trip Feb 19, 2015