All hotels in Aiken, South Carolina, United States of America
155 Colony PkwyAikenSC29803United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Worst hotel in history"
I have over 2000 nights in my life staying in hotels. This was without a doubt the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed at. There were physical stains on the sheets, I chased three roaches out of the bathtub and there were stains all over the carpet. I had an immediate death in the family and was backed up against the wall because of the Masters tournament. I paid $275 a night and ended up sleeping in my car.
3 night family trip Apr 8, 2016
Stephen
After reading the reviews we were expecting far worse and were pleasantly surprised. The only downside was the price we were there for the Masters and it's unfortunate that the room rates were roughly quadruple what they would be ordinarily. I think that's called gouging!
1 night romance trip Apr 5, 2016
ROBERT
For the second year in a row, the room wasn't ready at check in. We weren't able to check in until 7:30 PM due to the room being cleaned. Will probably not stay here again during Masters week. Especially at $240 per night.
4 night romance trip Apr 6, 2016
"Clean & Comfortable......great breakfast"
Comfortable, clean room......excellent breakfast & service......all hotel employees were very nice & helpful.......great $$$ value for what you get.....will stay again next masters....thanks
1 night family trip Apr 3, 2016
Dylan
Hotel was very fatigued.
Response by Clarion Inn & Suites
We are sorry for any inconveniences. We thank you for taking the time to comment. we are working on it.
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2015
Charles Ray
"Fabulousness"
Loved it and the front desk employees ❤️! They also told me the discount for horse show people and I will definitely be staying there again this November!
Response by Clarion Inn & Suites
Thank You For your comment. You know that we love our horses. we look forward to seeing you again soon.
1 night business trip Oct 17, 2015
Samantha
"Worn"
Great bargain price, but worn. Bedding and towels very clean. Desk staff especially nice. Water was hot, nice showerhead. Carpet was slightly damp in multiple areas. Bed was straightened during second day of stay, but bathroom wasn't cleaned, counters not cleaned, trash wasn't emptied. Dirty towels picked up but not replaced, but were available from the desk. Same loose trash outside other rooms on second floor entire stay.
Response by Clarion Inn & Suites
Thank you for your comments. We are sorry for any inconveniences that was caused during your stay. We promise to make your next stay a little more pleasurable..
2 night business trip Sep 10, 2015
Melanie
"bugs"
The bath tub was filthy and there were bugs in the tub.
Response by Clarion Inn & Suites
We appreciate your comment. We are sorry that the bathtub was in that condition. It is not acceptable and we will speak to the appropriate workers regarding this matter. Thanks
3 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
Need to add NBCsn to their channels
Response by Clarion Inn & Suites
Thank you for your response. We are sorry that we don't have NBCsn.. We do appreciate your stay Thanks
3 night trip Aug 14, 2015
Needs updating, saw several bugs in room. Carpet was dirty
Response by Clarion Inn & Suites
Thank you for your response. we are sorry that you had some inconveniences during your stay. We will be sure to speak to the right authorities to handle this issue. We hope that you will visit again. Thanks
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
walter
"Good for the price"
Rooms could use a little painting, sink and tub could use to be updated. However, the room was clean.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
The hotel was quiet and the staff were very friendly. It was a good value for the money.
Response by Clarion Inn & Suites
We appreciate your response. We hope to see you again soon
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
Naomi
"Nice Room"
A very nice but not great room. But it did provide a great get away from the summer heat and noise.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
we were in town 4th of July weekend. We'd made reservations and were allowed to check in 2 hours early. The rooms were decent but of course not as good as they look in the pics
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
beds weren't too comfortable staff friendly and helpful though
Response by Clarion Inn & Suites
We are sorry for any inconveniences. We would love to see you again Thanks
3 night business trip Jun 23, 2015
"Good Value and Nice stay"
Stayed there one night on way to Florida, was a nice little motel with about anything you could want to eat on the strip. Located right next to an Applebee's and my son left his insulin in the fridge and they call promptly as I was on my way out of town so I went back and got it. All in all a nice little stay. room was clean, beds were comfortable and we were right by the pool. Only issue I had, was I payed $79 through Hotels.com and the room rate when I arrived was $69. Its only $10 but I thought Hotels.com had price guarantee?
Response by Clarion Inn & Suites
Hi Randall from Ohio. We appreciate your response. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to retrieve the insulin. That is important. We look forward to seeing you again.
1 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
Randall
"Would never stay here again"
There must have been a roof leak, the ceiling was peiling, the shower looked like someone in the next room was pushed through the wall, the shower wall was out past the tub, the room was dirty there was well over a years dusts on the vents, i don't believe they clean these rooms. The internet was slow as can be if you had to open more then one window forget it, you were luck if the first one opened.
Response by Clarion Inn & Suites
Thank you for your response. We are sorry for any issues that you had during your stay. we will be speaking with the proper authorities regarding these matters
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
simon
"Clarion Masters"
Price was jacked for the Masters. Rooms was fairly clean. Bed comfortable. A/C worked well but was noisy. Not worth it for the price but given the location and it was close to The Masters, it was decent.
karen
"Masters Stay"
Hotel is old and in pretty rough shape. We only had air conditioning one night. They tripled the rate during the Masters tournament, but that is to be expected. But what was not expected was the horrible service from the staff. We attempted to get some change from the front desk for the drink machine about midnight, and had to wake the clerk up, who we could see sleeping in the lobby. Well Natasha was very grumpy and a little nasty after being woken up, and told us that she just decided to close down the bar area when my friend asked if he could buy a beer.( which we had done the night before) She also told us that it was too late to be in there, that we had paid Clarion and not her.
Response by Clarion Inn & Suites
Thank you for your response. We are sorry for any inconveniences that occurred during your stay. we assure you that the proper workers have been addressed. Thank you for your stay
Joey
The heat pump in our room was not calibrated correctly. It would show 66 degrees when the temperature of the room was 70 to 72 degrees. We also reported that it would not come on and they said they would send a maintenance person.. Do not know if they did. Had to keep it on 66 to keep the room at a comfortable temperature. Refrigerator made a loud "gurgling" noise continuously. Had to wear ear plugs to sleep at night. Room certainly was not worth over $300 per night(paid $1221.00 for fur nights).
Carroll
"Do not stay here"
Pool was green with Scum. We stayed Masters week and paid $$$$ for smelly, dirty room. Anyone who writes a good review for this place is getting paid to do so.
Response by Clarion Inn & Suites
We do appreciate your response and are sorry for any inconveniences.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
m
"Noise free motel"
If you like a clean quit room, this one is for you. Most motels I hear all kinds of noise like people leaving and doors slamming. Not here.
Response by Clarion Inn & Suites
We appreciate your response. We love to hear that good news. We hope to see you again soon
1 night family trip Jan 6, 2015
lauris
"Quick Overnight"
The room provided the comfort needed for an overnight stay.
1 night trip Dec 4, 2014
Room was very quiet an clean. Staff people were good.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
leon
"HIGHLY RECOMMEND ~ GREAT PEOPLE AND LOCATION!!!"
We had one minor plumbing issue and they moved us to a new room right away. It's clean, friendly and the trees and nature surrounding the hotel make it a perfect getaway, even on a business trip. The free breakfast was excellent also.
4 night business trip Sep 17, 2014
The cable company could not get a signel to the TV
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Great location and very helpful staff"
Bottom line: the staff was the key to my satisfaction with the hotel. Very personable, helpful and competent. Gave accurate directions to local restaurants, fitness facilities and unique places to go. Made me feel welcome & important.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Kate
"Black mold on ceiling in bathroom; poor service."
Upon arriving around 11pm, the lobby doors were locked. There was no response to doorbell for five minutes. The clerk finally appeared after I called. When I stated I thought the doorbell was broken, she simply stated, "I know." I was astounded by the lack of hospitality, but was tired and ready to go to my room. Upon entry, the room had a foul odor and we noticed a large wet spot on the carpet near the bed. Because it was late at night and we were traveling with children, we just went straight to bed planning to check out right after breakfast. Our four-yr. old coughed all night and our other child sneezed repeatedly. In the morning, we noticed black mold in several spots in the bathroom!!! We decided to forgo showers and check out. Upon check-out, we notified the manager that there was black mold in the bathroom, as well as the fact that two of our children appeared to have some sort of respiratory reaction to the room. We were quite polite about the matter, and offered to show photos of the mold. She was very apologetic and seemed concerned. She recommended a refund, but stated that she would have to contact Expedia to do so since we booked the room through Expedia. She apologized for the condition of the room and said she would "definitely call" ASAP regarding refund. No call ever came. We called repeatedly, having to leave messages since the manager was always "unavailable". We finally were able to incite a refund by stopping by the hotel.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"Great value"
Been several years since I have stayed here. Positive renovations. Added in house bar. Good free breakfast.
1 night business trip Jul 30, 2014
A. Maxwell
"Close in, fine."
Was only here over night during the week , so lots of other business travelers. They must have corporate rates even better than mine since there are cheaper motels around. Decent value for the added money though.
Other trip May 12, 2014
In the evenings until late at night, other guests used the area outside my door to drink and smoke with their traveling companions. Hotel management was notified but did not encourage them to use their own rooms, just told us we needed to change rooms if we did not like people being outside our room.
2 night trip Apr 21, 2014
"Hotel needs updating"
Did not feel safe.....................................................................................
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Deborah
"Good choice for money"
Convenient and comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful. Pictures misleading appeared to have indoor room entraceways. However, all room entrances faced outside. Some areas did not have enough lighting at night. Room was clean. Breakfast was decent. Rate as a 3.5 out of 5.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"great hotel for the price"
Staff very friendly and helpful. Room was very nice. Breakfast was delicious!
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2014
anne cooley
The room was filthy when I first arrived. Had to have maid service come back to re-clean the room. Never stay there again.
2 night trip Apr 8, 2014
"Just Plain Mediocre"
The hotel room smelled like bleach & I do me the entire room. The vending machine did not work & was out for a long time from what I was told at front desk. The front desk told me to use the vending machine at the next hotel. The pool was in unusable condition, water was green filthy .
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
"Master's week stay"
Though older with an outside entrance, the room was just fine. Fridge and micro a nice addition. Staff very friendly and helpful, and a good breakfast!
3 night business trip Apr 9, 2014
"gone to masters, augusta"
very uncleanly room-had water soaked carpet at vanity sink and the chair with ottoman was very soiled-would not stay again
1 night trip Apr 8, 2014
It was just ok. We normally would not stay in a hotel like this. Since the Masters was going on I was not willing to pay 650 a night in Augusta. I'm a pilot and travel for a living. It was a place to sleep and take a shower. Staff were nice.
2 night business trip Apr 6, 2014
Ken James
It was OK. Staff was friendly, but outside our room talking a lot.
2 night trip Apr 6, 2014
Tina
"very convenient"
the room was very nice and up to date. The location was within walking distance of resturants and upscale shopping center and only 5 minutes to the nice uptown.
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
THE LOCATION WAS GOOD, CLOSE TO HOPELAND GARDENS, CAROLINA BAYS AND WALKING TRAIL ALONG WITH RESTAURANTS AND STORES. IT IS ALSO NEAR DOWNTOWN AIKEN. THE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST WAS OK. IT WAS NICE TO HAVE A REFRIGERATOR AND MICROWAVE IN OUR ROOM.
1 night trip Mar 12, 2014
"Did the job"
This hotel is a bit older, but it was sufficient to meet my needs. I just needed a place to sleep and unwind from a long day at the client's office. The bed was comfortable. Water pressure in the shower was great. There were a few issues with maintenance - the floor was wet in front of the HVAC which I assume was moisture from the unit and the wireless was ridiculous and was even slower than dial up. The connection to the network was great, but apparently the pipe to the internet was very minimal. If you need to work and need internet while in your room DO NOT GO HERE! YOU WILL GET NOTHING DONE!
1 night business trip Mar 4, 2014
C Clark
"Spend the extra $ and stay elsewhere"
We were in town for a competition and just needed some place to sleep and shower. Normally I don't like outside entrance hotels, but I figured it was only for two nights and my husband was with me, no big deal. The front desk staff was rude and slow. They claimed at first they didn't have a reservation for me, once they found it, it was though they'd never handled a third party reservation. The room was clean, but needed to be updated. It's as though they stopped their update in the lobby. The bed was very uncomfortable. The mattress had a tilt to it. Even though our room was non-smoking, apparently the room next door was not. What's the point? The smoke and smell still made it into our room. Our room was located on the first floor near the ice and vending machines where everyone seemed to gather around 2am. The ice machine kept going and conversations kept getting louder. Thankful I didn't have any children with me because of the foul language from those outside our room. We checked out at 6:30am and got a room at another local hotel for our second night.
2 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"Centrally located"
Everything rates a solid "OK". I will stay again. Room came with a small refrigerator. Room doors open on the outside...no inside hallways. Close to everything one could need.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"Really friendly staff."
South Carolina recently went through a rare winter storm where there were several power outages. My mother and grandmother were stuck in a freezing house as we scrambled to find a hotel for them. Through Expedia, we found the Clarion Inn and Suites in the Aiken area. I was nervous about whether everything with the reservation since I was over 200 miles away and the Clarion had suffered their own power outage. When she got there, they had the room ready and she had no problem checking in. Since we were unsure of how long before my mom's power would be back on we played it by ear. They allowed me to extend her stay several times. I am really thankful that they were there in our time of need.
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
Sabrina
"Great service clean room"
Service was great. Friendly staff. Clean room. Breakfast could use some improvement but staff were easy to contact and willing to help.
1 night romance trip Feb 8, 2014
Holly
Staff dealt with the crisis well (ice storm).
2 night business trip Feb 11, 2014
david evanoff
"Advertised fitness center closed"
Advertised a fitness center which was closed. Allowed pets - dogs barked all night in one room.
2 night trip Feb 7, 2014
topcat
Very nice hotel staff. Rooms are nice and the hotel has direct access to restaurants, fast food, and grocery stores. Perfect location.
5 night business trip Feb 2, 2014