All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
100 E Chestnut St, Chicago, IL, 60611, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Cold breeze coming through windows. Not sufficient hot water in shower/tub. In basin hot water was great, though. Bathroom vanity worn and paint chipped. Bedside tables stained. Front desk personnel answered phone when I had been waiting in front of him for several minutes.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Nice place! Room was a bit smaller than I had expected but very comfortable. The windows aren't insulated and my corner room had two, so it was a little drafty but not intolerable
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
"Always a Pleasure Staying at the Tremont"
My husband and I visit Chicago a few times a year, we always stay at the Tremont. We enjoy the hotel, service and location. This year we brought my daughter and son in-law to stay, they were as impressed as we are! I would highly recommend this hotel.
1 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
Joan
"Tremont Chicago is in a great spot!"
Great Spot! In-between everything. Walking to what you wanted to see, eat, or shop at was easy even in the winter. I would go back. If you looking for the amenities of a place like the Hyatt you will not get it here but you will get a great location and probably a much cheaper rate just steps off of Michigan Ave.
2 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2015
"Quite nice!"
Front desk people/employees were very kind and helpful. Room was fantastic, very clean, great view of city. Nice breakfast, too. However, wish valet would have been available when arriving at night and not familiar with city. Thank you!
1 night trip Feb 20, 2015
"Charming Hotel"
When I first arrived, the room they put me in had a busted shower. I wasn't in the room for 10 minutes and they moved me immediately. Very charming room for this hidden gem of a hotel. Check-in and check-out were very seamless process. I really enjoyed my stay and will definitely be back.
2 night business trip Feb 19, 2015
SHAWNTA
"Pleasant Hotel Close to Shopping and Dining"
I stayed here when I visited my daughter for a weekend. We weren't interested in seeing the sights but were able to shop, go to church, and meet friends for dinner and it was all within walking distance. We spent a lot of time in the hotel, watching movies, reading and doing homework. The room was small and a little chilly (it was super cold outside) but it was pleasant enough for a short weekend stay.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
"Great deal for being right by Magnificent Mile!"
The hotel & room were nice, but the building is a little bit older which only really shows in the older-looking bathroom. It's also a fairly small place so no one offered to help with my luggage. Otherwise, it was beautiful & the employees were very kind. I would definitely stay there again!
1 night trip Feb 15, 2015
"The hotel was nice I got what I paid for"
My experience was nice the hotel staff was great the only thing I didn't like was food service it's was so awful it wasn't threw the hotel but the book said it was ...any who they need to be closed down ! Other than that the hotel was amazing me and my significant other really enjoyed our stay!
Location is ideal for catching the red line or L. Wonderful neighborhood with plenty choices of dining and drinks. Staff very helpful and friendly. Great views from hotel room.
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
"Perfect location!"
Perfect location for any American Dental Association (A.D.A.) activities.
2 night business trip Feb 5, 2015
"Chitown"
Very cramped space. No microwave or refrigerator. Tub over filled when running the shower. Not good for the price.
2 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
"Chicago evening"
We had a wonderful at an under rated hotel. Having Ditka's restaurant in the same building was a definite plus. Conveniently located to Water Place. We will certainly return.
1 night romance trip Feb 8, 2015
Jonathan
"Great location right off Michigan Ave"
The hotel staff are friendly. The hotel itself was under renovation when we went so it wasn't as pleasant as it could be. Our first room had a problem with the bathroom tub not draining. The staff said they would send engineers to fix but that never happened. They were kind enough to switch us to a different room which was just as nice though the water was not as hot. The bathtub still drained slowly but at least it drained. The room itself was pleasant enough and the location is great!
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
WCT
"Great place to stay!"
Great location and excellent service. Rooms were very clean.
2 night business trip Jan 25, 2015
Great service
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
"Nice hotel. Great shopping & dining."
I just recently stayed at the Tremont Hotel over the weekend, and I must say the staff made me feel very safe, and the vallet service men were really great about getting my car to me in a short timely manner. It was also an honor to attend Ernie "Chicago Cubs" Banks memorial at the Fourth Church, which is located within walking distance from the hotel in the Historic Water Tower Park. The Tremont Hotel is an excellent place to stay, and it is in a great central location.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
Shar
"Need a clean, quiet place to sleep and thats it?"
This is a no frills hotel... No workout room, no available electrical outlet at the desk, no breakfast etc. The staff was great, the room clean, but definitely a low budget makeover; peeling ceiling in the bathroom, wallpaper full of bubbles and chipped and poor condition wood doors and trim..
2 night business trip Jan 25, 2015
J E
"Great hotel, fantastic location!"
The hotel is just wrapping up renovations and it looks great. We enjoyed our room and the bed was very comfortable. We will definitely stay again!
3 night romance trip Jan 22, 2015
"Nice getaway"
We were very happy.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Ralph
"Great hotel!"
Very nice hotel, super soft bed! The feel of the room was very clean and pleasant, with new paint and decor that looked very nice. The hotel may be old, but did not feel run down or outdated. They are taking good care of it and it actually felt nicer than many newer hotels I've stayed in. It was an easy walk from the subway and lots of shops and restaurants. Recommended!
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
Evan
"Quiet good"
Quiet good!
1 night trip with friends Jan 10, 2015
Siling
"Everything fine but wouldn‘t stay again"
Great neighborhood, beautiful facade, nice lobby, friendly and helpful staff. Room was clean, bed comfortable, nice view. That said, no fridge in room, draft, window covered in ice from draft, old toilet that needed to be replaced, wifi signal weak and breakfast poor.
3 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
"No frills, just a good, clean experience"
It's an old building, so don't expect pristine condition. Great location. Helpful and friendly staff.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
"Great location but not everything else."
We booked 2 nights at this hotel through Expedia. The first night was terrible in that we were given a smaller bed than we had reserved in the suite portion of the hotel (separate building) which wasn't all that nice & the heat didn't work at all. This was really bad given that it was January. They moved us to the correct room for our second night and that was in the main hotel. That was much nicer. I would stay there again but only if I could be assured I would have a room in the main hotel.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
1st Chicago Try
Neat hotel with lots of character. Comfy bed and friendly staff.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Girls night"
Great old hotel, full of character and charm. Comfortable rooms, excellent and attentive staff. Would absolutely stay again!!
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Sandi
"Love, love, love the location!"
Upon checkin, I asked for a rollaway because my neice decided to stay. The hotel clerk said the hotel did not have rollaways, BUT she could give us a studio room next door at their residence bldg. 2 Queens, large room and vintage for same price. Condition of bathroom was not the best but liveable. Not a five star, I would say a 3 star. Lovely Lobby and cannot comment on the rooms in the main hotel. Definitely stay there again! Been to many hotels in Chicago. This is the best location!
1 night trip with friends Dec 28, 2014
patricia
"weekend getaway"
We were disappointed to find no refrigerator in our room as well ad no ice or vending machines in the hotel. In order to flush our toilet, we had to push and hold the button for a minute or so. There was a piece of tile that had fallen off prior to our stay as it was laying on the floor when we got there. Aside from these things, the location is terrific and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We will stay here again as it was easy to get to and easy to get cabs there as well.
2 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
"Close to North Michigan Avenue"
3rd time we have stayed there. Small hotel that does not have all the amenities, but comfortable. Probably not suitable for larger families.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Bruce
"A Real Find!"
This is a lovely 90 year old boutique hotel with a fabulous location - one block off Michigan Avenue and convenient to everything! The Tremont is showing it's age but in the process of remodeling. We got to see one of the "new" rooms and it was lovely. The staff could not have been nicer. We're looking forward to our third visit sometime next year.
3 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
Andrea
"Perfect location and great staff"
Went to the city for a concert and holiday celebration. Wonderful location and great hotel service. I stayed in a nice corner room with a decent view. Would definitely stay again!
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
Isaac
The parking price advertised was incorrect and we were switched to the apartments and not the hotel
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"GREAT GET AWAY"
Room was fabulous and we had exceptional customer service. The only issue we had we Sunday we left at 5AM and there was no valet or bell service. We will definitely be back - great location and very sincerely nice people.
3 night romance trip Dec 4, 2014
Frederick
"Location, location, location"
Great location, half block from water tower and two blocks from the red line. Old building an small rooms, but comfortable and clean, just what you need for a good night of sleep
3 night business trip Dec 6, 2014
Juan
"Hotel"
Loved the location that was the very best thingbesides the charm of the older hotel. Everyone was very nice.
2 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
Jeffrey
"I won't stay here again."
We stopped here just for one night, on our way back home during Thanksgiving holiday weekend. They put us in the adjacent building "the suites" because the main one, renovated and nice was full with a conference. The heat in this room wasn't working, the bathroom was run down, need and update ASAP, it had a kitchenette that needs and update too. The only thing nice was the bed, and comfortable.OK for one night, no more.
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
"Great stay; Perfect location."
Don't be discouraged by the other poor reviews! We had a lovely, quiet room on the west side 8th floor looking towards Rush Street, away from Ditka's restaurant (and not next to the elevator!) and found the room excellent. The staff could not have been nicer and the location was perfect with the Michigan Avenue Magnificent Mile and Water Tower a half -block away, and convenient Self-Parking just a block away. We loved the friendly bar next-door at Ditka's restaurant, and the breakfast on Saturday was really good. Yes this is an older, smaller, more quaint hotel, so, for example the desk in our room was a little worn, but it was fine for us. The bathroom could have been a little larger, but it had been renovated not long ago and was bright and clean with big mirrors and had lovely tiles. The King bed with big pillows was very comfy, too. Overall, it was a great stay and we will be back.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
J2
Restaurant was great but room is little bit smaller than other places I have been
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"Great weekend"
we had three family staying there this weekend for the parade our son was in the marching band for Northview high school in Sylvania we had a great time although it was very warm in every building we went into into the city. it was a lot of fun though. Very friendly staff
2 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
Anthony P
"Decent for the price"
The hotel clerk at our arrival was rude and absent minded. The room was clean but I had to call to report that the bath-tub was clogged up and would not drain. We were told someone would come up to fix it and they never did. We were not able to shower in the morning.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Edgar
"Historic hotel in great location"
A couple of days pleasure after business and location of Tremont was great! Hotel is "historic" ... small rooms, not fancy ... but comfortable bed, decent shower and, did I mention the location was great?
2 night romance trip Oct 20, 2014
Harry
"An evening in the city"
Quick 1-night stay in downtown Chicago. The hotel was convenient to/from our plans in the city; however, the hotel definitely could use some updating.
mtm
"Business"
I'd stay here again.
3 night business trip Nov 12, 2014
Robert J.
"Great location, exceptional staff."
The desk staff and valet parkers were exceptional--very friendly and eager to assist in every way. We had a couple special requests, and they quickly--and happily--accommodated us.
"Dreary hotel in excellent location!"
Traditional king sized room was large and poorly lit with money saving light bulbs, no coffee maker, no fridge, no shower cap but 2 free bottles of water every day! It was quiet on 7th floor. Starbucks across street and Archdiocese of Chicago.
Inge
"Something more would have been nicer!"
No coffee pot in the room
1 night business trip Nov 13, 2014
"Good Hotel, Good Price"
The lights turn on and off randomly at times, which is a bit bizarre. But it never happened at a bad time (like the middle of the night). Otherwise the rooms are extremely comfortable (if small) and clean.
3 night business trip Nov 6, 2014
Katharine
"Great location!"
Attending conference, wanted slightly different hotel. Liked that it was smaller, and also part of SPG. Room slightly odd shape; missed not having hotel guide with information about nearby and in-hotel attractions.
3 night business trip Nov 6, 2014