All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
100 E Chestnut St, Chicago, IL, 60611, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
Clean and comfortable. Staff pleasant. Best thing is the amazing location. Walking distance to chicagos best restaurant, shops, and attractions.
3 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
JoAnn
"Excellent hotel!"
This hotel is AMAZING! Great location, right in the middle of restaurants and shops so we could walk to everything. The service was excellent the staff was very welcoming and helpful. No matter what time we left our room we came back and the room was perfectly clean. Will be booking this hotel again next time we visit Chicago.
5 night romance trip Jun 10, 2015
"Great hotel in excellent location"
The hotel was recently remodeled and it shows. The lobby area, hallways, and rooms were all in great shape. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The spaces have a European feel in that they are smaller than might be expected at many American hotels, but we found it to be charming and comfortable. This was the best deal we found in the area along Michigan Ave and we were very happy with our stay.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
This was a nice place to stay. The bed was very comfortable and it was quiet.
3 night romance trip Jul 28, 2015
"Pretty nice place."
The room was tiny, but very nice. The shower did not get very hot, which saddened me a little. Most of the staff was pretty nice. Overall it was a pleasant experience.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
Courtney
Hotel staff at desk was 100%, door men a little slow. Room was lovely, no complaints. Would stay there again.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Nice people hotel is run down"
Had to wait 3hrs for room then AC didn't work changed rooms took showers in 3inches of water slow drains great staff just run down hotel
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
"Hometown visit"
Strange there is a ice machine in room off to the side in the lobby, but no ice buckets in the room?Glass window in my room had huge crack, covered with packing tape? Overhead light in ceiling fan would randomly turn itself on in the middle of the night, 2-3 times a night? ??frustrating!
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Betsy
"baseball junket"
I forgot two shirts. Staff was most cooperative in getting them back to me. Was very comfortable with staff. All were cordial and helpful
2 night trip Jul 22, 2015
Staff was outstanding. Simple friendliness and helpful. We had a room problem, they fixed it. The smiles and greetings were genuine, consistent, and free!
3 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
"Tremont"
Excellent value for the money. Great location and very convenient.
4 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
"Was Not Impressed!"
My room was very noisy. The constant loud slamming sounds from nearby doors of guests, was annoying. I did not get one decent night of sleep, during my stay here. My alarm clock every morning, was the sound of my neighbor's door slamming at 5:00a.m. I am not a Starwood member, so no free wifi for me. I refused to pay for wifi. I had to go without, during my entire stay. The wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling off the walls. The paint around the doors and baseboards need a good paint job. The elevator was slow as molasses. The only thing that made this hotel a nice place to stay, was the location. The Magnificent Mile is located steps away. I will not stay here again or recommend this hotel to anyone.
3 night trip Jul 19, 2015
Maria
"It's the Zlittle Things That Matter"
Our room got skipped for cleaning on day #3. Ice machine is on ground floor, and elevator is slow, small, crowded & busy.
3 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
"Great location, good service!"
We selected the hotel for its proximity to the Magnificent Mile. The place is great, easily accessible and convenient and safe. The staff was very friendly. The rooms and lobby are updated although the rest of the hotel needs some work. The complimentary breakfast was not terribly appetizing although the wait staff (Nick) was the best.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
Jacobus
Lovely little boutique hotel walking distance to everything comfortable beds and pillows no little refrigerator but it was a fun place to stay
8 night business trip Jun 20, 2015
julie
The first room we were given was unacceptable. The courteous staff addressed our complaint promptly and put us in another room. Great room and top notch staff. Close to restaurants and the Magnificent Mile. Highly recommended
1 night romance trip Jul 12, 2015
Very nice hotel stay. Staff was so friendly and loved our one year old. Room was nice and clean, we were upgraded to a preferred room on 11th floor with great view. Hot water was plentiful. They gave us a crib and mini fridge. I contacted the hotel several times and the manager always got back to me immediately. A few blocks from the red subway line and amazing location. We took the El everywhere. Hotel is in a ritzy area so restaurants were on the expensive side. Tons of grocery stores and food nearby. We enjoyed walking to the oak st beach and Ohio beach. Overall a great stay.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Very comfortable and an enjoyable stay! Good location!
2 night trip Jul 3, 2015
Beverly
"This hotel is LOUD and OLD"
The hotel is old and could use some upgrades, especially in the bathroom. I could not get the shower to completely turn off so it dripped loudly all night. The A/C was LOUD. The street noise was LOUD and the windows were thin and cheap. The doors to the rooms are heavy and the soft-close mechanisms DO NOT WORK. I was awakened every few hours or so (11pm, 1am, 2am, 4AM!!!) by my neighbors' doors SLAMMING very loudly. I do not recommend this hotel if you actually want to sleep.
1 night trip Jul 2, 2015
Great location and staff response to all our needs Close to red line Catholic Church great pizza overall wonderful
3 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"Great location."
We felt that the Tremont Hotel was in an excellent location. We didn't have to walk far to find food, entertainment, and shopping.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Great room and location"
I went for NeoCon and all the Hilton's were booked up, so I stayed here. I give t a 3 because the lack of a gym (you can use the Westin's a block away) was huge issue for me. Other than that, excellent location downtown, I stayed in the top floor (16) and had gigantic windows, nice view, super comfy enormous bed, walk in closet, bath robe, etc. My boss stayed on the 10th floor and said his room was far from nice, so I can only vouch for my experience. I would stay here again if it had a gym, requesting the top floor :) I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in this hotel.
3 night business trip Jun 14, 2015
Jeffery
My granddaughter and I stayed three nights at the Tremont. Loved everything about it. Location to the magnificent mile was great. Close to trains also. Just a great stay overall.
3 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
karen
"An Aging Hotel--And It Shows"
Because of the age of the hotel, they must switch between heating and cooling and so during my stay the AC was available but not the heat. I would have liked to have had some heat, but it simply couldn't be done. When I called down to ask about the heat, I was put on hold and the desk clerk never got back to me. When I did make contact, she offered me extra blankets. The toilet did not flush properly and the coating was coming off the bathroom sink counter top. The lamps in the bathroom ceiling were flip-flopped, so the timer controlled on the regular bulb--not the heat lamp. My view out of both windows in two different directions was machinery, which ran day and night. For what I paid, I was greatly overcharged. This used to be a much nicer hotel, as recently as a year ago.
2 night business trip Jun 16, 2015
ANTHONY
"Great hotel!"
This hotel was really nice! Great price, friendly staff and perfect location in the city!
4 night romance trip Jun 9, 2015
Casey
"Fresh and Convenient"
In the middle of moving and needed a restful, fresh room to recharge....perfect!!
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
"Quiet Chicago retreat"
We stayed several days and found the location excellent and the room quiet and pleasant.
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
Marty
"Quiet Please"
unfortunately our room was located directly across form business establishments that were empting trash into containers pretty much into the early hours of the morning. Pretty noisy. The cleanliness of the room was not an issue and it was a good $ value. Would request a different room.
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
Albert
"Great location and very comfortable."
Located near Water Tower and great restaurants and very conveniently near my business meeting.
1 night business trip Jun 4, 2015
It was wonderful and close to everything
2 night trip with friends May 27, 2015
Cindy
"not very happy"
my room smelled like mold and The room was pretty beat up. If your not too picky you can save a 100. per night and stay here instead of the hyatt? I won't stay here again. Staff was very good. The place needs to be remodeled.
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
"Pleasantly Surprised"
I was pleasantly surprised by the Tremont. 1 bad review puts my dander up. We were also on the 10th floor as a previous bad reviewer was. We heard no noise through the night. The location is excellent. The staff is very friendly. It's not the fanciest hotel in the world, but you're not paying for the fanciest hotel. The room was warmish in the night, but once we put the ceiling fan on; the room cooled right off.
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
Anne
"Passing thru"
Short & sweet
1 night trip with friends May 29, 2015
Kimberly
"Good value Great location"
In town for a baseball game at wrigley field and sight seeing. Friendly staff and perfect location.
2 night trip with friends May 27, 2015
Christie
"Nice hotel. We've stayed there before"
Great
3 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"Boutique style Awesome location!"
Very comfortable clean rooms. Excellent staff. Awesome location. Basic extras I e no room sevice but rooms were nice a ambiance very easy and welcoming
Other trip May 26, 2015
regina
"none"
Great little Chicago hotel in a great location. We make an annual trip to shop Michigan Ave and this is one of our favorite hotels. One minor thing: there is only one elevator for 11 floors of rooms. Could get crowded if the hotel is full.
2 night trip with friends May 19, 2015
The staff was great! We did have a complaint for laughing at 7:00pm without any music or tv on so I'm assuming the walls are pretty thin. The location of this hotel is perfect for walking everywhere.
Other trip May 25, 2015
Lori
"Location great; not much else."
Terrific location 1 block from N Michigan Avenue. Stylish lobby. However...my room looked as if it hadn't been updated since the Eisenhower administration. Ditto re: window washing. Indifferent front-desk attitude at check-in: a promised call/text never happened to let me know my room was ready. And, as my friend arrived after me the front desk had no record of his name, even though I wrote it down for the surly woman at the front desk.
3 night trip with friends May 19, 2015
"Great location, Some inconveniences"
Great location, but nettlesome detractions. The usual, expensive, valet parking that is customary in downtown Chicago, but the cabs picking up and dropping off at the adjacent Ditka's obstruct the approach to the front of the hotel, during check-in time. The valet is a one-man show - bellhop, greeter, plus car-parker, so do not be surprised if he's not immediately available. The rooms are small, not unexpectedly. The appointments are consistent with the hotel's rating. However, our entry light wasn't working, and the shower valve lacked the handle, and actuating it resulted in splitting the water flow between the shower head and the faucet. The bathroom itself is quite small, with barely any counter space for toiletries. There are two elevators, but separated by a door, so the further one is not obvious on first inspection. Naturally, there can be a long wait for it to arrive. Not the best I've stayed in downtown, but the location does make the irritations more digestible.
1 night romance trip May 14, 2015
C W
"Wonderful accomodations!"
We had a great stay at the hotel. Everyone was friendly and happy to help with our visit to the city. I would definitely stay here again!
5 night romance trip May 7, 2015
Monica
"Worst Chicago Hotel Experience Yet."
A very disappointing experience at The Tremont. Even though we were on the 10th floor, the street noise was ridiculous. Being so close to Ditka's and the bar scene, be prepared for obnoxious, loud bar patrons pouring into the streets at 1, 2, 3, in the morning that you can hear as clear as if you were sleeping on the street. Our bathroom was outdated - the sink had spidery cracks running all through it and the toilet only flushed if you held the handle. In the morning, we had no hot water and when we called down to the desk, we were told the boiler was out and that they hoped we would have water in 15 to 20 minutes - with no apology. Thirty minutes later, we still had no hot water and were forced to take cold showers. Upon checkout, we were not even asked whether we enjoyed our stay. It was a simple, "Ok, you're all set. Bye". I suspect they really don't want to ask if patrons have had a nice stay, because the answer must be "No" more often than not.
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Great Nights Sleep"
Totally recommend this hotel. Very quiet for a great nights sleep. The bed was perfect. Location was also fantastic. Very close to shopping, Starbucks, and Ditka's for a drink/dinner. Starwood hotel so you get points too. The lobby is a small "no frills" functional one.
2 night romance trip Apr 30, 2015
"Decent place."
For the price I really liked this hotel and would stay again. Bathroom outdated and walls are thin. We could hear our neighbors but thankfully they weren't loud. Location was fantastic. We didn't spend a lot of time in our room, but like I said, would definitely stay again.
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
"THe Tremont"
since the renovations free WIFi is only availableto the paltinum program guests. the price of rooms will be too steep.
1 night business trip Apr 30, 2015
Jocelyne L.
"MISSING CHICAGO"
THE STAFF WAS HELPFUL; KIND AND CURTIOUS. I WAS IN THE CENTER OF ATTRACTIONS AND TRANSPORTATION. I WILL US THIS HOTEL AGAIN.
2 night trip May 1, 2015
Margaret
"they charge 65 dollars a night for parking"
all they say is"I aplogize" but they dont soalve any problems
Other trip May 5, 2015
pamel
"Not a 4 star"
Loud outside noises because of lack of insulation. Air conditioning system does not work well. Staff very nice but overall a 3 star hotel.
Other trip May 5, 2015
"Love the coziness of the Tremont"
Love staying here. Conveniently located. Nice staff. Comfy and cozy room.
4 night business trip Apr 27, 2015
"Overall Decent hotel, Good staff, but No Hot Water"
My husband and I came to chicago for a short weekend getaway and to see the city. This hotel is a short distance walk from the subway's red line so it's convenient to get around the city. Our room was clean & we got free wifi for becoming Starwood hotel members, which was a great addition, because otherwise we would of had to pay for wifi each day. Our only complaint was the bathroom. The bathroom is what gives this hotel away for being an older hotel. It's a really small bathroom. Space for only one person to use the sink/mirror at a time. The main reason why I gave this hotel an overall 3 stars is because of the shower. When you're on vacation, you want to come back to your hotel and take a nice shower to the comfort of water pressure and temperature that you like. For some reason, when I tried to put the shower to hot water, the water pressure would drop tremendously compared to the cold water pressure and it wasn't even hot. We called the front desk and an engineer came to try to fix it. He brought a machine with him and I could tell that he was honestly trying but in the end he said that this was the hottest the water would get and that we could call front desk the change rooms, but he said all the other showers in the hotel were the same really. After he worked on the shower, the water temperature was a little bit better...barely luke-warm. We decided not to change rooms, esp since the outcome would most likely be the same . So that was the only down side to the hotel
Other trip May 2, 2015