All hotels in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
345 St Joseph St., New Orleans, LA, 70130, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Quiet retro-inspired home away from home hotel"
We found this hotel through Expedia and after looking at other options, this seemed to have all the bells and whistles. After having a very long flight due to 3 delayed/cancelled flights, it was nice to be able to come to this place of refuge. Our room had a mini kitchen (with dishwasher, utensils, plates, cups, microwave, refrigerator), living room with TV, nook, large working desk with a very nice chair and a separate sleeping room with another TV and bathroom. The only thing I would highly suggest the owner is to install an air purifier or rather because the smell of the carpets or walls was pretty obvious that I could smell it still when we came home. I would also suggest a thermostat/air condition. They have 2 ceiling fans, so it was fine, but it's always nicer to have temp. control. Also, they need to replace the bathroom fan. It didn't function at all and was loud when on. Otherwise, the place was great and the staff members couldn't be more hospitable.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
leila
"Good location in New Orleans"
The room was HUGE and beautifully decorated. The staff was very friendly. We had only two problems. One was that there were no pots/pans which was quickly rectified. The other was that we left our luggage the last day while we did some final sightseeing. When we returned a sport jacket was missing. After a while it was located. This was a beautiful facility. The breakfasts were outstanding. All very clean and friendly.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
Joanne
"New Orleans Warehouse District"
The Warehouse District is Within a couple of blocks of the conference center........close to the WWII Museum.....both fine dining and pub style restaurants nearby, includes a subway restaurant 2 blocks away......a 10 minute walk to Rouch grocery store also........clean, safe, area........
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Freckles
Really enjoyed my stay. The hotel staff were very kind and the room was clean and comfortable for the price. However there were no clean towels at the pool and when I requested more it took over 30 minutes which caused us to not use the pool. The pool was also filled with leaves.
4 night trip Sep 17, 2014
Chelsea
"Convient location"
It was a suite which was very nice and quiet. the rooms were lovely with a front view of the street. Easy to locate and a friendly staff. There was a pool, computer room and a breakfast room.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Ruthie
"loved it!"
It was perfect. Close by everything, we walked because parking in New Orleans is not free! Other than that , no issues at all with our stay
2 night business trip Sep 5, 2014
Manfred
"It was very nice , and affordable ."
My room was comfy, and the kids was a lil loud I had a sleepover but they was patient and understood. The kitchen came in handy for cooking the kids food... And the room was very spacious
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Neka
"Highly Recommend"
The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are exceptional. Loved the complimentary breakfast. I would stay here every visit.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Liz and Brian
"All around great selection of hotel for tourist."
The staff were elated, I personally came in contact w/ Daune & Greta for breakfast host which they take it personal in making the guest feel Hospitable and home away from home.
6 night trip Aug 25, 2014
JB
"Good Room layout, but housekeeping was below par"
I usually enjoy my stays at R.I. hotels, but I did not feel the quality at this location was up to the normal standard. The front door of our room was dingy, there was a dead bug on the bedroom door throughout our entire visit-we stayed 5 days, and they forgot to clean our room one day. We came home late in the evening and had to request towels twice before they were brought up to the room. Great layout and good breakfast.
6 night trip Aug 12, 2014
"Family Trip"
Friendly Staff and nice & clean Hotel. Close to Bourbon St, French Qtrs, Museums & Harrah's Casino. We were able to walk to everything. Only downside is not enough parking in 1st lot. Once its filled, you've got to drive a few blocks to the other parking lot.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Tricy
This might not be the ideal location for a family stay. We were placed very close to the front entrance and could hear people entering and having conversation the entire night. Windows were not insulated so it sounded as if these people were in your room! Rooms were clean and nice but if you want sleep, I would recommend staying further from French Quarter and driving to see it instead. Of course this only applies if you're planning not to get liquored up.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2014
Shawn
Loved this hotel! Got there early and was able to check in with a upgraded room!! Location was a few blocks away from the riverwalk outlet mall which was perfect. Very helpful staff no problems
2 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"Will be staying here again for sure!"
Awesome hotel, great service and one of the best breakfast bars I have ever had!
1 night romance trip Jul 19, 2014
Richard Summerville
"my stay"
We enjoyed the motel, didn't realize there would be a fee for parking of 25.00. We saw parking around the motel for less than that. But otherwise the motel was very nice.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
visiting family
"Close to sights."
The hotel itself is fine, but the rooms are dark and the walls paper thin. If you need quiet for rest or sleep, this is not the place to stay despite the relatively calm and quiet surroundings. The building layout and proximity of rooms in a courtyard style just magnify noise from other rooms and corridors.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
Rainbow
"Comfortable Hotel"
The Residence Inn is a clean, comfortable hotel. The separate bedrooms are a nice feature. Wine & beer were offered as a managers special the evening we were there, which was a pleasant treat. The only downside was the pool. Small and filled with cloudy water; it was a disappointment. Although perfect for a handicap person, the large machines at the foot of both the pool and the hottub are eyesores. Other than this small item, the rest of the facility was clean & beautiful.
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2014
Very comfortable bed in an immaculate room. Full sized fridge a huge plus. Walking distance to the French Quarter, but far enough to be quiet at night. Pleasant staff, cheers to Miss Claudette who helped us nagivate New Orleans with ease. If you arrive after 6 pm street parking is free until 8am, then pay for parking in hotel lot (half block walk) in the morning.
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2014
Jay
"GREAT Location & Room; few details were "off""
Room amenities included: ( for 2 bedroom 2 bath suite ) only one pull out sofa, one bed per room, bathrooms had small tubs and were a tight squeeze, table for dining was larger than expected (easily sat 6), large desk, large closets, plenty of storage for clothes (had 5 people,two kids 3 adults), concierge was great, breakfast was great!!!!!; hot fresh food with lots of choices, afternoon food was great added freebie, front desk very helpful with any extra items for room, beds and pillows comfy, huge windows everywhere,but blackout curtains were everywhere, so you had nice choice for lighting..BIG NEGATIVE: WEBSITE SAID TERRACES W/ GRILL, I TOOK THAT AS EACH ROOM HAD GRILL ON A SMALL DECK/TERRACE! NO terrace or deck in any room at hotel!! BIG POSITIVE: COULD WALK OR TAKE TAXI, BUS TO MAJOR SIGHTS/PLACES IN UNDER 10 BLOCKS...THIS WAS HUGE FOR US! the streets are being worked on so bust out some comfy shoes if walking and if you're bringing kids, get ready & remember heat &humidity will drain them!; gi early or late in afternoon to places if possible & bring linen or 100% cotton clothing, you will regret that silk or jersey material!!!! Hotel was well known and locals all said oh, you will love that place. GREAT STAY OVERALL..the complaints about parking FORGET THAT!! PARKING DIRECTLY in back, never full as close as u can get to hotel in this kind of city layout!!!!!
5 night family trip Jun 2, 2014
Lauren K.
I enjoyed my stay as did the other with me. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and wouldn't mind staying there again.
1 night family trip May 27, 2014
Aimee
"Overall a good visit"
Location was great, not in the mess of the quarter. great for art visit, convention and fine dining. also 2.5 blocks to street car for access to french quarter and other attractions. room was larger than i expected and other than the bed not being great. the room was nice. fyi: no valet no free parking and no bell hop. for under $200 its a good deal
2 night trip with friends May 30, 2014
"Great for family"
Loved the room...perfect for family. However I felt the parking fee was excessive, esp since the same lot was available to the public for only $5/day. Surrounding streets are under much needed repair making driving and walking difficult.
2 night trip May 30, 2014
Clean, large rooms. Great breakfast. Enjoyed our stay.
3 night trip May 20, 2014
Very nice room and service was great. Parking was difficult because it was full and we had to wait for someone to leave. The hall way to the rooms does not have A/C so it is rather toasty walking to room. We had the two bedroom suite and it was just like an apartment. Very nice!
3 night family trip May 23, 2014
"Nice hotel close to downtown New Orleans."
My wife and I was visiting with another couple, so the two bedroom, two bathroom layout was perfect. I was very pleased with the room and the hotel itself. There just needed to be an ice machine available. I called the front desk and asked where an ice machine was, and they explained that there wasn't one, I should have turned on my ice maker in the freezer when I arrived. Well no one at the front desk told me I needed to do that and I never thought about it. The staff eventually delivered me some ice from the kitchen, but not without some debate. If the hotel had an ice machine everything would have been perfect. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip May 24, 2014
"Average room"
Let's start by saying I was traveling with the whole family, wife and two teenage boys. The room had separate rooms for each bed, which was a plus. The free WiFi seemed to only work in the main lobby and breakfast area. The signal did not reach to the door of the room we stayed in. The place was keep clean and the staff was friendly. The room we stayed had the smoke detector removed from the wall. Also, You have to pay for hotel parking. :( Tons of construction going on in the area.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2014
Joseph Thorman
"Would stay again!"
We chose this hotel specifically because of the kitchenette, however the great free breakfast and the evening "social" deemed it unnecessary! We assumed the evening social would be appetizers of some sort, but several of the nights it was nearly a full meal, so we didn't end up using the kitchenette. The location was nice and quiet though I wish it was maybe one or two blocks closer to the quarter. We loved being off the beaten path and there were plenty of restaurants (and museums) within a block or more. One of the elevators was down the entire visit which was more just a pain in the neck as the stairs and other elevator were pretty far from where our room was located. Other than that we enjoyed our stay and would definitely want to stay here again!!
4 night romance trip Apr 15, 2014
Becca
"Great hotel in good location"
Great stay - place was just what we needed. Lots of space and amenities. Very close to everywhere we wanted to go. Great staff too!
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
kw
I really enjoyed my stay here. It's a few blocks away from bourbon st. So you get enjoy a lovely walk and sight see on your way to the action. I stayed in the 2 bedroom suit which came equipped with a full kitchen and living room. Each bedroom also had a bathroom in the bedroom. The breakfast there was ok. I would definitely recommend and I look forward to staying there again.
3 night trip with friends Apr 11, 2014
"Nice hotel two blocks from Convention Center"
We chose this hotel for its location (2 blocks from the convention center) during our Wrestlemania weekend stay; it was extremely convenient since it was only a short walk away. We loved the fact that the hotel offered complimentary breakfast, including the small market near the check-in counter that offered choices of drinks and frozen foods. The staff was extremely friendly and the gym/pool area was a nice addition, as well. We will definitely stay at this hotel again if we are in the area.
Other trip Apr 10, 2014
Sandra
"Did not get what was promised"
Requested rollaway bed 6 weeks ahead and they said they would have one. Did NOT get one. Also no sheets or pillow for sofa bed.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Great times in the Wharehouse District"
We booked this hotel because we were attending a conference in the Conference center and it was very close( Only 2 blocks). In truth I would stay in this hotel no matter where I was visiting in Nola. It was right next to the WWII Museam, only 15min walk to the French Quarter and a short trolley ride to the Garden district. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suit that was very comfortable with a kitchen and living room. One of the bedrooms did not have a window and that was a little bit of a drawback but with the ceiling fan on the room did not get too stuffy. The courtyard was really great with a heated swimming pool, basketball/tennis court and even a BBQ area. The breakfast was really great and had everything you would want. Overall I really liked the hotel and would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in Nola
3 night trip Mar 26, 2014
Naomi Adamson
"More positives then negatives"
We booked a one bedroom suite and were pleasantly surprised to get a free upgrade to a spacious 2 bdrm 1 1/2 bath suite! Very nice. Fairly clean although no toiletries were stocked in main bathroom. Also living room had sunflower seeds on floor so it had not been vacuumed. Typically they have pots and pans to cook with since there is a full stove but there was none. There were plates, silverware, a colander and a toaster. First day we had good maid service, second day didn't replace towels, dishwasher detergent or clean at all, only made beds. Also I noted coffee machine was in a different place and a dirty coffee cup was in cupboard so draw your own conclusions. Room was huge and beautiful though and perfect for travel with 2 babies. Front desk staff was helpful, super nice and very accomodating. All and all a good location, close to river walk and you can walk to the French Quarter from here...we did. I would stay here again.
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
Pam
"a little noisy"
Room was nice and spacious. There was 5 of us and the room arrangement was a plus. But it was very noisy. Lots of windows with views but little insulation. We would stay again
2 night family trip Mar 21, 2014
"Close to BUKU and Bourbon st"
awesome! could be slighty cheaper though
3 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2014
"Very close to WWII Museum,"
We were quite pleased with our stay. We were near the WWII Museum, which is what we had come to visit. Room was large and comfortable, the pool was enjoyed by the children, and wine and hor deuves (can't spell it)were a pleasant way to relax at the end of the afternoon. Would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Mar 20, 2014
"Nice hotel great staff"
The rooms were much larger than I expected, and easily accommodated our group. The staff, especially Claudette at the front desk, was fantastic!
Other trip Mar 14, 2014
Lauren
"Mardi Gras stay"
Wonderful experience, very clean hotel with a very helpful staff.
Other trip Mar 5, 2014
Otis (Tigger)
"Nice hotel clean neat great staff home feeling"
Wen I made it there I went up to desk to check in gave name and they already knew who I was seem like just a welcoming atmosphere .
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
"Nice but parking is awkward"
Hotel and room were clean. Neighborhood is probably safe but old with abandoned buildings. Biggest drawback is $22/day for surface lot on adjacent lot. So it's not covered parking. Very convenient to convention center - easy walk.
2 night trip Feb 7, 2014
"Excellent Service"
My daughters and I were very pleased with the service. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Coming from a bad experience at another hotel nearby, we were just overwhelmed with the service we received. The suite was spacious and comfortable. We highly recommend it and plan to stay there again.
1 night family trip Feb 8, 2014
Mary Hasan
"Great staff, great location"
Staff was great. Breakfast was great. Location was great. Only issue was parking, but everything else outweighed that.
Other trip Feb 11, 2014
"Convenient location, clean room and friendly staff"
The hotel and the room were very clean. The staff was always helpful and friendly. The location was good - two blocks from the convention center, two blocks from the WWII museum. We could walk to the French Quarter in about 20-25 mins or flag a taxi on the corner and be there in about 5-10mins depending on traffic. There are several bars and restaurants within a block or two, as well. The hotel offers a social happy hour in the evening which includes a snack, like nachos, and beer & wine. Two downsides of this hotel. 1) The walls are so thin we could hear our neighbors' conversations. 2) We were on the first floor, so we could hear every person walking past our window and all the large trucks driving down Tchoupitoulas st.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
Dana
"Great location and service"
We had a conference at the convention center and this location was perfect! Had a 2 bedroom condo with full kitchen and 1/2 bath. It was perfect! Free internet, gym, great breakfast! There is an outdoor pool there, tennis and basketball court as well as a patio area with a grill. Parking was about $23 a day, which is a lot cheaper than what some hotels in the area charge. Staff is very friendly. Walking distance to pretty much everything. 5 min walk to the convention center. We walked to French quarter and it took us about 15 min. (without counting all the stops we made at numerous shops on the way.)
3 night business trip Dec 14, 2013
AWESOME
2 night trip Dec 14, 2013
Love it alot
2 night business trip Nov 29, 2013
Baton rouge
"New Orleans"
Nice hotel for your family. Spacious with kitchenette, it almost seemed like a small 2 BR. Condo.
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
"Bad experience for Saint's Game!"
Nice Hotel -Booked for Saturday night stay before the Saint's game on Sunday. At all other hotels where I have stayed on Saturday night before a Sunday 12:00 noon Saint's game, we have been allowed to leave our car parked until after the Saint's game is over (approx. 3:00pm). When I checked out Sunday morning, just by chance, I asked "its OK to leave our car parked here until after the Saint's game, right?".... The girl at the front desk exploded in my face saying your car will be towed long before the game is over!! You cannot leave it here. I asked why since check-in was at 3:00pm and the game was over at 3:00pm and she just got angry and warned me that she would have me towed if I left it there. This is after I paid nearly $700 for two rooms for one night, and one nights parking for one vehicle --- GIVE ME A BREAK... you need to warn people who pay $$$$$ for the night before a Saint's game not to stay at this hotel!!!
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"Nice Afforable Hotel"
Pleasant
Other trip Oct 25, 2013
Victor
"Short, sweet stay but GREAT accomodations"
We were very comfortable with the place. Cleanliness is a big deal to us and this hotel was on point. Quick check in. Only con I Wish we didn't have to pay for parking.
Other trip Sep 28, 2013