All hotels in Fairview Heights, Illinois, United States of America
140 Ludwig Drive, Fairview Heights, IL, 62208, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9483

"Dirty Carpet!"
Within just a few minutes of my toddler crawling around on the floor in our room, his white socks, shins, and knees had all turned brown! Otherwise, it was a nice stay, but this filth was a bit unsettling.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Molly
"nice place to stay"
We were there for a football combine. There were also kids there for soccer. However, they were up late and running up and down the halls making lots of noise. not hotels fault, but was not happy.
2 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
We had a great time. We were there for a volleyball tournament. The manager said that half of the hotel was volleyball teams.
2 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
"Friendly, clean. Highly recommended."
The front desk employee (don't recall her name) was very friendly. Professional without being stiff. The entire feel of the place was family-like. The room was very clean and comfortable. The only (very slight) negative is that some of the fixtures are showing signs of wear. I would definitely stay there again!
1 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
Stephen
"Staff went out of there way for us."
Stayed at the hotel with several family members. Due to Chicago blizzard some of us had to stay an extra day. The staff went out of their way for us. Very accomadating. I highly recommend due to such excellent service. Rooms were very clean. Linens looked brand new. Pool was nice and warm. Nice breakfast and they made cookies and lemonade for us in the afternoon !
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"No bad memories"
Overall good place to stay. Road noise from interstate noticeable. Breakfast good.
2 night trip Nov 7, 2014
Clay
"Good trip"
Visited St. Louis to attend baseball and football game over the weekend with wife and friends. Nice hotel, nice area easy access to metrolink...would recommend hotel to anyone.
1 night trip with friends Sep 20, 2014
The Front Desk Clerk ( I cannot remember her name), was very kind and very friendly. She was able to get us checked in early and able to get all our rooms close together as we were traveling with family. We had a wonderful stay and the kids really enjoyed the pool. Our room was very clean as was the rest of the hotel. Breakfast was nice too.
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2014
"Great service, awesome staff"
Hotel was very nice. Breakfast was good with a lot of choices. The staff was very friendly and very helpful.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
"cardinal game weekend"
The service, cleanliness, quality, etc. was all very good. My only complaint was that there clearly is a hot tub in the picture on this website. It also lists that in the description of the hotel. But there is not hot tub and the managers said they havn't had one in two years! How many others are incorrect? Sounds like you need to update!
1 night family trip May 31, 2014
"Convenient"
I really enjoyed staying at this hotel the location was very convenient and easy to get to. the rooms were clean and in nice condition. We checked in late & the staff were very friendly with helping us check in late. The pool was the perfect size for my little boys to swim in and they had a blast!
1 night trip May 24, 2014
Chrystal
"Great location and friendly staff"
Great location for our family to take an overnight break as we were traveling through the area. Lots of restaraunts in the immediate area. Hotel was clean, had a decent gym and pool and a decent breakfast. The staff was very friendly.
Other trip May 3, 2014
Mitch
clean, quiet and great location
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
This hotel is close to a theatre, restaurants, and stores within walking distance. The mall is just a short drive from here.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
Jerry
"Basic hotel with convenient location"
Laid back and friendly staff. Clean.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
The hotel could use a little love. It's pretty worn down. Clean for worn down.
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2013
"Better than expected!"
Fantastic location and service. Very clean (albeit dated) rooms and property. Great value,
2 night trip Dec 23, 2013
Carrie W
"very satisfied.!!"
we were so pleased with this particular hotel. I almost had given up on Fairfeld Inn's after my most recent stay, in another city. Staff was so pleasant, room was quiet, clean and in a very convenient location. Very pleased and will stay again when in the area for business or leisure. I traveled to the area for eye surgery appreciated the kindness of the staff.
1 night trip Sep 11, 2013
Kelli
"OK if passing through"
Not bad.
1 night business trip Mar 15, 2013
"sucks"
half a pool, no work out room, no whirl pool... show your room key at hotel across the street and they will let you use theirs, they said... I hot an idea, why don't I check out and go someplace else
Other trip Feb 11, 2013
corey
Had no washcolthes the second day of our stay !
1 night trip Aug 18, 2012
1 night trip Feb 22, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fairview Heights

"Best Service"
07/20/15 goldy_glocks
I stayed at the Fairfield this weekend and I must say I experienced the best service in my years of travel. The young man that checked me in went out of his way to help me, breakfast and girl working were great, even the housekeepers spoke every time they saw me. Yes yes hotel is old and needs some renovation but the staff made it worth while!
"NO NO NO"
07/19/15 Tammy F Marietta, Georgia, United States
Booked a room at this hotel using points while traveling. I was surprised when it was only 15,000 points. We arrived after a long day of traveling to find a dirty, smelly lobby. My husband asked to see the room before we checked in and it reeked of smoke. We immediately cancelled reservation and drove another hour and a half to Marion IL to stay in a Hampton Inn. This hotel is in dire need of a full renovation. The one positive of this experience was the desk clerk was extremely nice and helpful. I can't remember his name but he was from Georgia.
"This place was a dump"
07/18/15 Tom K Saint Louis, Missouri
It started with the filthy/scuffed up entrance door. There were customers sitting on the bench at the front door smoking and drinking. They didn't have the room we booked, a king suit with a sofa. They said they were full and couldn't accommodated our reservation.The carpet in the room wrinkled and needed to be replaced or at least cleaned and stretched. The bath faucet just spit out water. Obviously a dirty screen. The sink was cracked. They had two conditioners instead of a shampoo and conditioner. The switch on the lamp was broken. I could go on and on but I think you get the picture. I travel quite a bit, and this is our third Marriott on a ten day trip. This was not only the worst of the Marriott chain I have stayed in, but possibly one of the worst hotels in 20 years.
"Don't waste your points!"
07/06/15 Kevin I Newport, Wales, United Kingdom
Only stayed here because I used my points for a free stay and was traveling through. But don't waste your points! Not worth the 15,000 points - not worth 7,500. Arrived during major storm and front desk clerk watched as myself (female) and my daughter struggled with door and luggage - finally helped after standing and watching for what seemed like eternity. Room mediocre and breakfast in morning terrible.
"adequate accommodations"
07/03/15 Lb in Nebraska
hotel is nice and clean. guest services are very nice and helpful. coffee is always fresh and available. our room was good and comfortable and clean. the air conditioning is sub standard in our room. 301...very humid. was not pulling the humidity out. bathroom fixtures are loose when turning on. pool is a good feature. nice and warm after traveling. I would suggest to management to check a.c. units, and clean pool.
"Great stay after Cardinals Game"
06/29/15 Weg01
We stayed here and took the train to see the game. The front desk clerk was very friendly, but he did not seem confident and it was hard to hear what he was saying. Room was clean. Beds were comfortable. They could benefit a lot if they pay more attention to detail. For instance, the tub did not drain well during our showers and it appears to me that when a repair is made it is not a priority to make the repair look nice as well. Overall it was a good stay. We would stay again if the Hampton is all booked up again.
"Good hotel in this brand line"
06/26/15 LocalFoodieFan
There are a lot of positives about this hotel. What some reviewers are forgetting with their negative reviews is that this is a "lower-cost", economy brand within the Marriott family. So, with those expectations managed ... this is a good hotel. The best things it has going for it are location (right off of 64 and walking distance to a variety of restaurants) and the very friendly staff. The gentleman that checked me into the hotel was very friendly and approachable. He seemed to know his repeat guests and genuinely care about how their stay was going. The hotel is well maintained and clearly had someone paying attention to keeping the rooms painted, carpets cleaned, etc. The rooms have nice touches like brand name toiletries and little bonuses like an individual make up removal towelette for the ladies. For the negatives ... First, the AC left a little to be desired. It would not cool to my preferred temperature and wasn't able to remove as much humidity from the room as I would have liked. It was not unbearable, so I did not mention it to the front desk. Second, the "lower cost" aspect is a bit of a misnomer and why I put it in quotes to begin with. The rates at this hotel are a little high for what I would expect from an economy hotel in the middle of nowhere Illinois. I am not sure what allows them to charge the relatively high price, but maybe it is sheer demand.
"Too tired to find a different hotel..."
06/20/15 Keez13
After a day of driving with my young daughters we checked in to this hotel. We are platinum members so we have a lot of experience with Fairfield Inns. I knew something was super wrong when I stepped into the elevator. It smelled so bad. When we got off of the elevator I was hit with a REALLY muggy smelly hallway. We got into the room and I took my shoes off and the carpet felt damp. I used the restroom and the towels were even damp. It smelled really moldy. I finally called the front desk and asked what the deal was with everything feeling damp and smelly. He told me that they had a huge storm the day before and all of the carpets in the whole hotel were soaked and that they had extracted as much as they could. This is where a phone call to the people who were booked to stay should have been made. Because the hotel is soooo outdated and old, the smell of wet carpets is hard to take. If my girls weren't so exhausted we would have checked out. I'm not sure how they fixed the problem in one day...seems like another rain storm would be pretty terrible for this place. I understand it was a storm, however I think they should have re routed the guests who had bookings. Not up to Marriott standards At all.
"Great customer service"
05/19/15 kerline25
Stayed at the Fairfield Inn for 2 days. Everything was great. Rooms were clean and front desk was great. Very to close interstate 64 and Scott Air Force Base . There is no onsite fitness center, but you have access to Planet Fitness through the hotel.
"It''s the little things - - positive and negative."
05/11/15 KansasJudyK Kansas
Since I'm a "Marriott girl" I no doubt let that bias influence some of my reviews but this hotel has me scratching my head. They try hard, they really do. Thomas welcomed us (my 12 year old granddaughter and me) warmly upon checkin yesterday, giving us floor and location options. We ended up in room 122 closest to the I-64 and the accompanying highway noise but the air conditioner rumble and earplugs cover it sufficiently. (The rooms away from the highway are the lower numbered.) My granddaughter has been looking forward to this trip with Grandma for months so I was sure to book a room in a hotel with an indoor pool for her sake. Within minutes of our arrival she was ready for a dip but to our great dismay the pool water was not heated at all! She did give it a try but it was just too cold. I mentioned it to Thomas and he apologized. He did offer some freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and that was a nice touch. The room was clean and comfortable although a firmer bed would have been my preference. The complimentary breakfast was more than adequate and included waffles, scrambled eggs and sausages in addition to a wide selection of cereals, breads, juices etc. While we were in the lobby at 6:30 a.m. I mentioned the pool temperature to the night clerk since we were staying another night and some friends were planning to come swim with us later this afternoon. She said she would pass along the information. We left for the day and when I returned at 2:30 I asked Kristen if the problem had been solved and it was the first she had heard of it. She got right on it but I couldn't imagine that much water could be warmed in an hour and a half. Kristen asked how many children would be coming and prepared a nice little gift bag of snacks for them. At 4:30 when our friends arrived, the maintenance man told me the water was too cold to swim in. He had fixed the simple problem (a breaker) and said if he had known first thing this morning it would have been warm by the then. We were so disappointed but then he suggested we go across the parking lot to the pool at the Hampton Inn which is what we did. We were so thankful he suggested that and grateful for the warm welcome over there. The internet is free and O.K., the TV channel selections are adequate (HGTV is always a plus for me and they have it), the rooms are quiet (other than highway noise) and, all things considered, we are very satisfied. The pool issue definitely detracted but we're thankful it wasn't a total bust. I would encourage a little more attention to detail but the staff certainly has a desire to please.