All hotels in Madison, Alabama, United States of America
8716 Madison Blvd, Madison, AL, 35758, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.1
    2.1
    1.8
"Terrible hotel - do not stay"
First thing the lady asked was "would you like to view the room first to ensure you like it?". I almost asked her to cancel then and there (and I should have). I just asked for the key and that I didn't need to see it as it was for one night only and a last minute thing. She is not from the south and has no idea what southern hospitality is. Second, the hotel looks like it was a rave center from the 80's and never cleaned up. The stairs are uneven and I tripped every time. The key to the door only works after 3 times of trying (every single time). Sheets were dirty. Bed had to been 20 years old. Shower is small. Room smelled and is designed from the 40's but with terrible taste. Will never stay here again!
1 night trip Jul 6, 2015
Jennifer Barber
"Review of Country Inn, Madison, AL"
Best attribute was price. Housekeeping was a tragedy. Physical condition was in poor shape. Breakfast was laughable.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
"Bummer"
Checked-in late, our comforters had major large burn holes (approx. 15), next day went to reception, was told that housekeeping was gone and it wasn't their fault that customers put holes in their comforters. Next was we ran out of tissues in bathroom, gave us toliet paper instead of tissues, next day received two boxes of tissues and new comforters, floors needed vacumed. This hotel also accommodates extended stay families, around midnight there were 15 children (between ages 2-10) running around. Not acceptable. Let me say, we will not stay at this hotel again. Beds were too hard.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
Trish
The room was to be a king suite but was a standard room with king bed. The bed linen was not changed from the previous guest as the pillow cases had wrinkles in them. I returned my key to the front desk and told them I could not stay in those conditions. Booking places like this will surely damage the reputation of Hotels.com.
1 night business trip Feb 19, 2014
P Wilson
"nice people, hideous hotel"
This has to be the honest to goodness WORST hotel. Sheets had stains and didnt fit bed. Poor paint job splattered on walls. Filthy bathroom, had to ask for clean towels as the ones in there were used/dirty. Checked in at 4pm, next door neighbor, boom boom and loud moans, yep, skeezy people going at it. The hotel was practically empty, did they have to place people one after another next to each other? Didn't see bugs, but was bitten at night.
2 night business trip Oct 17, 2013
ls
"convenient location"
All in all a comfortable stay, close to restaurants and shopping. Don't expect anything more than Fruit Loops and donuts for breakfast, but then again if that is what you want, pay an additional $30 bucks a night elsewhere. Not a 4 star hotel, but great deal for the money and super if you need a good place for a few days. Refrigerators and Microwaves in rooms.
5 night business trip Jul 26, 2013
Jon
"Good hotel to work from"
Within 10 min drive of Huntsville, right down the street from Walmart and several places to eat. Good location for working in Huntsville, friendly staff.
7 night business trip Jul 11, 2013
"did not like"
More than likely will not book here again this place was very run down and very nasty
1 night romance trip Jul 13, 2013
Misty
"Conveinent to shopping"
For the price it was a great deal. Thank you hotels.com
2 night trip Jun 28, 2013
"Conviently located"
The rooms were decent; however, evidence of people smoking were quite obvious in the hallways and entrance. Although keys were made for my room, they did not work to allow me access to my room. The front desk clerk had to come and open my door with the master key. This was a huge inconvenience and the reason I departed the next day.
5 night trip Jun 2, 2013
Janis
"understaffed and continental breakfast a joke"
I could tell this used to be a nice hotel, but now it's in serious need of some remodeling and updated key readers, especially. The continental breakfast was stale cereal, warm milk, some powdered doughnuts and a loaf of white bread on a table next to a single coffee machine. The bed was comfortable, so I got what I needed for the price.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2013
"Dirty"
Dirtyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Other trip Jun 1, 2013
"Filthy!"
Will not book again. Room was filthy!
1 night business trip May 29, 2013
"Never Stay Here!"
The hotel staff was confused and disorganized when I checked in. It took them 10 minutes of fumbling through stacks of paperwork to find my reservation. The room was missing shampoo, the coffeepot was dirty, linens were stained and an overall smell of mildew permeated the entire hotel. The hall carpets appeared to have accumulated months of dirt, food and cigarette butts. The continental breakfast consisted of two types of cereal served in a dirty dining area that was not staffed by an attendant. Power went out in half of the hotel for a period of two hours on one of the days during my stay. It was evident that the staff did not know hot to maintain the facility and could not figure out how to flip the circuit breakers. The wireless internet did not have enough signal strength to be useful in the rooms. The exterior security doors were never locked and it appeared that people were hanging around drinking in the parking lot. Do not stay here!
Other trip May 18, 2013
Jeremy
"Extremely dirty and smokey"
Even my supposedly non-smoking room smelled very strongly of stale smoke. The pillows were so dirty-looking that I didn't want to put my head on them. Although I had already paid for 2 nights I checked out and went to a nice clean hotel less than a mile away. The extra expense is small change. I cannot recommend this hotel at all.
2 night trip May 3, 2013
"stay here only if it is absolutely necessary"
stains on the sheets. its not that clean, slept on the outside of the covers,
Other trip Apr 23, 2013
"i will not ever stay there again"
It was horrible... the water wasn't hot, the toilet wouldn't flush and it smelled awful. I wouldn't recommend to anyone
Business trip Apr 15, 2013
michelle
"For businees only!"
Breakfast consited of boxed low quality donuts and coffee and a pitcher of milk with a bit of cereal. Outside doors do not lock, and bad light bulbs were put back into socket when removed with note to change. No hairdryer, but was loaned one, not given a replacement for the room. Cleaning staff did not know how to work lights so switches for plugs worked. Had to enter in dark, every night, and switch on by hand, using prop for door and thus getting hall light.
Other trip Apr 15, 2013
"not so sure"
I have stayed at the Country Hearth in Union City, TN many times and it has always been clean and the staff attentive. I understand that people franchise these hotels, but was hoping to get the same in Madison, AL. It was very noisy and police were driving through the parking lot on a regular basis.
Other trip Apr 7, 2013
joyce
"Country Inn Madison"
Breakfast was a disappointment, and front doors locked while side doors not. Don't see the point, except made getting breakfast difficult. Needs maintenance but hosekeeping very good for room. OK for business sleep - probably not meetings since no food/restaurant.
Other trip Apr 5, 2013
"Hoetl Badly Needs a Complete Makeover"
Had to be switched three time from rooms. First time electronic key would not open door. Second room none of the lights or electrical outlets worked. Finally third room was descent.
1 night business trip Mar 6, 2013
"Horrible place"
The check out time on the door stated 12 noon.....the front desk started calling me at 10:30 and a staff member walked in on me around 11am. And they kept knocking on the door.
Other trip Feb 24, 2013
Janice
"Mgmt Needs To Invest and Upgrade and Train Staff!"
Front desk person was very new. Took me Thirty minutes to check in and I was the only one he was trying to help.Badly needed more training before being left solely in charge of front desk!! Management badly needs to turn this hotel around because it is in a great location but badly needs a face lift in every room.
1 night business trip Feb 5, 2013
The hotel was disgustingly nasty! It lphad this funky smell throughout it. The carpet in the rooms and the hallway was dirty. The bathroom had hair in the tub, dirty behind the toilet seat and on the floor. The bed was worn out. I think it has potential with lots of money invested
1 night trip Jan 25, 2013
Wendy
"one night"
The room was comfortable and clean. There were no hangers or clock. the key card had to be tried 3 or 4 times before it would work.
1 night trip Dec 22, 2012
BAD. Sheets were not changed, Room was not really clean, shomthing purple on the floor of the bathroom.
3 night trip Nov 18, 2012
Nov 2012
"Cheap in more than one way."
Hallways had cigarette smell even down the Non-smoking hallways. I'm alight sleeper and I set the fan to high to run continuously all night (Not Auto) so it would constantly stay on, but the unit still kept stopping and starting which kept waking me up. The room was clean and the beds and linens OK. TV's need to be upgraded. Trash can had a hole in it. Put cup in trash with some ice in cup and it leaked onto floor.The continental breakfast was very small.
Other trip Nov 3, 2012
BZ
"Don't do it"
We coutld tell from the time we pulled up it was not going to be good. The halls reeked of smoke but all rooms said no smoking. Was put in a single bed room with half the headboard hanging off, our reservations were for 2 beds. Plumbing sucked and there was beer bottles laying in the halls the next morning.
Other trip Oct 22, 2012
Tony
"Great potential,. . . but long way to go."
Under new management and maybe in transition. I had to get 4 different keys to get one that worked. After all my trouble, they did give us the jacuzzi suite for no extra charge, but it had a sticky floor, wastebasket not emptied, and broken drapes. They apparently are understaffed and need to upgrade their key-lock system. The continental breakfast was a few stale doughnuts, cereal with no milk, and two plastic containers of white bread. It was really kind of humorous. You do get what you pay for.
Other trip Oct 8, 2012
"Not worth the savings"
The room had a bad smell and the key cards seldom worked. Horrible stay.
Business trip Sep 29, 2012
"Smoked out"
The non smoking rooms was full of smoke. Hallways and stairway was full of smoke. Sheets had a nasty stain. The room had a bad smell besides the smoke. I didn't stay or would recommend this hotel.
Business trip Sep 14, 2012
shawn
There was fighting &cursing in nearby rooms & parking lot, unclothed woman in parking lot throwing her clothes out of her car, people laying in hallway; people hollering in the hallway all night/day; dirty coffee pot in room; holes in towels; continental b'fast was not pleasing to the taste/eye; light bulbs blown; toilet was stopped up; manager was bare-footed; no pool or hair dryer as advertised; ice machine didn't work on our floor; and smell was unpleasant. The good things: Employees were nice but did not respond to complaints about noise, and the air conditioner worked very well. I will not stay there again.
Other trip Sep 9, 2012
Janice

"Absolutely filthy"
Let me start off by saying, I get that this is a cheap hotel. I don't expect brand new 60" flatscreen TVs. I don't expect a workout room or pool. I get that it's likely to be an older building. I am okay with it being underneath a flight path or beside a railroad track (both of which are the case here). But being cheap is no excuse for being filthy. And this place was. There were food stains in the minifridge, assorted stains on the bedsheets and towels, "residue" on the toilet seat, and the shower drain was so clogged running a shower resulted in water slowly filling the tub. The last of these was a safety issue (in addition to a hygiene one), as it made the shower floor extremely slippery to be ankle-deep in soapy water. Basically, I am never going to prepay for a room on Expedia ever again. I may use it to reserve the room, but I am not paying anything until I see the room. Had I not prepaid, I would have walked out on this place within two minutes of entering my room.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
dwayne

TripAdvisor reviews for Country Hearth Inn at the Huntsville Airport

"Don't walk but run"
07/30/15 Lora E
Some friends and I booked this hotel and the first room had not been cleaned. One bed had cock hair in it and the other had cum stains on it. Sheets had not been changed. Bathroom and commode were filthy. When we complained to front desk I was given another room. Room was cleaner than first but still not clean. Shower had hair in drain and air was not cool at all. Complained again and was given the third room. Air was fine and sheets had been changed but still was not clean. On our way out I saw the problem. They had men cleaning the rooms. Don't stay here. Pay extra money and stay somewhere else. Worst experience ever.
"DO NOT STAY HERE"
04/21/15 Dawn B Troy, Missouri
This place is disgusting! Do not stay here! As soon as we opened our room door we were shocked! They basically checked us in before even cleaning from previous guest! They didn't even try... the beds weren't made, trash still in room & even the TV was still on. It smelled so awful! The location is pretty shady as well. Lots of people standing around outside & two bars right there as well. Avoid this hotel!!
"Worst and rudest place ever"
02/02/15 jenn s
I literally witnessed someone breaking into on of the rooms. The bath tub covered in black mold. The manager was the rudest person I've ever met in the customer service world. They gave us a non smoking room When we requested a smoking room. When I asked him to move us to a smokING room, he said "Oh, it's ok just go ahead and smoke in that one." The "nighttime security locks" on the outside doors were broken. If you are looking for drugs or a place to break in to sleep for the night this is it. But for the people who are looking to pay for a good night's sleep, DO NOT go to this place. And if you have children.... Please do not go there. It really is no place for children at all.
"Country Inn & Suites Huntsville International Airport"
12/05/14 feric florida
clean rooms, great staff, well worth the price; SAD (standard American diet) breakfast if you need morning carbs. Sorry TripAdvisor, 200 minimum characters is absurd. Way to many reviewers tell us way to much about their family, friends and emotions. I just want concise worthwhile reviews. Not travel-logs.
"YUCK!!!!"
11/09/14 Misbic Ohio
Mattress sagged, 2 flat pillows, the towels were thin and stained. There was something spattered on the door. The TV was old and there weren't many channels. Walking down the hall all the doors were different. Don't stay here. If we had been able to move, we would have. A total dump.
"No bugs & friendly staff, but that's it."
08/31/14 renee r Huntsville, Alabama
Total cleaning time is 30 seconds tops. No cleaning of the bathroom at all; only emptied the trash. I had to ask them to run a vacuum to get the carpet cleaned. The TV would go in and out of service; the internet was always buffering. Maintenance is so lax that they had a hairdryer bracket on the wall minus the hairdryer, but had a replacement hairdryer and bracket sitting on the shelf in the open closet. This was a non-smoking room, but it would draw smoke in from who knows where. Continental breakfast is one of the worst that I have seen.
"Complete DUMP"
01/30/14 FunLovin69 Huntsville, Alabama
This place is disgusting! I felt I was walking down the halls of a penitentiary when I looked for my room. It was just awful. The room was crumbling and falling apart, it was just an awful experience. Stay at your own risk!
"Don't go"
01/21/14 Th H Madison
This hotel seemed to be under or going through renovations, and they were not complete in the room we had. Our last night there we encountered a roach crawling on the wall. The sheets and towels were stained and the floors were very dirty.
"Absolutely terrible"
09/27/13 gc04142014g
My reviews are by large good and fair. This review is just fair. The rooms are decrepit, crawling with insects feeding on the filth. One look at the beds and I said "nope". One look at the other "guests" and I knew I had found a long term stay motel for drug addicts and prostitutes. DO NOT STAY at this hotel, unless your looking for a hooker and drugs. A lingering smell stayed with me for a while. I paid for the room but did not stay. I got another hotel. It was terrible. I did a little history search of the place out of curiosity and it has been closed by health dept before and the community sex offenders tend to flock there.
"Definite sketch factor...but cheap and fine for a night..."
09/19/13 CBrandt77 Vero Beach, Florida
I paid about $42 for one night using a coupon. Check-in was quick and courteous. Room was fairly clean, had a fridge, bathroom was OK. The towels did have brownish stains on them. Air conditioning worked fine. Ice machines were not working. Very convenient location on a main boulevard. Close to restaurants, stores, etc. Hotel has a computer with internet in the lobby. A very mediocre continental breakfast is served: cereal and toast and stale doughnuts... The hotel has issues, but it's not a flea pit. If you're not too discriminating, and you only need to stay for a night, it's OK...