All hotels in Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America
801 Westport Rd, Kansas City, MO, 64111, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"We loved 816 Hotel!!!"
My husband and I stayed here recently since we were going to a concert at Sprint Center and having a night alone without kids. The front desk employees were extremely nice and very helpful. I thought we were getting a non themed room but he gave us The Uptown themed room with an awesome view of downtown Westport. Room was very clean. The bed was very comfortable. I wanted to take the pillows home with us. Loved the fridge so we could bring our own drinks. The old photos of the Uptown were awesome. Breakfast was good and free. We were offered a free shuttle to our concert. Free parking. We love the Westport area. Had a great stay!
1 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
Good breakfast service
2 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
Denise
"Nice enough"
The hotel was nice enough. The room was clean and the staff was friendly.
1 night romance trip Aug 20, 2015
"Great staff and nice decor"
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was okay but we were there on a Friday night and the nightlife was very loud outside making it noisy while trying to sleep.
1 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
Kelsey
"Emergency stay - no other choices."
Hotel employees were very pleasant. The room was not as clean as I expect, the bed was completely worn out and lumpy, and the shower curtain was smelly and spoiled.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
"Great Location & Awesome Customer Service"
Great location and friendly staff. Room was clean but the bathroom was a little old which made it look dirty. Overall I would stay at this hotel again and would recommend to anyone.
4 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
Kristi
"Wonderful Hotel!"
Our stay at 816 Hotel was wonderful. The staff was friendly and helpful. They have a great breakfast and happy hour deals for guests!
3 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
Michele
"All 5 of us loved 816 Hotel!!!"
We will stay there again! The staff was awesome, the breakfast with made to order omelets were delicious. The rooms are clean and very cool with the themes. My daughter had the Irish room suite, very cool. Even the rooms that are not themed Have these great big pictures of Kansas City history. I love the location it is right in center of Crown Plaza, close to Crown Center and Union Station/Science City. We went to the the Sealife aquarium at Crown Center which I highly recommend.
3 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
"Great location, subpar service..."
Sadly there were multiple mistakes made with our reservation, took 20 minutes to check in. On check out, wrong card was charged rather than the cards we provided at check in. The neighborhood and location are great, as are some of the staff working in the breakfast room and bar, but the same cannot be said of the reservation staff. Will not stay again...
2 night trip with friends Jul 31, 2015
Jason T
"Concert trip"
Hotel is in a great location close to bars, restaurants, and shops. Have daily happy hour and breakfast but lines can be long for drinks and waiting for a table for breakfast is normal. Take your patience. Hotel was clean and staff was extremely friendly and helpful
2 night trip with friends Jul 31, 2015
Debbie
"Romantic getaway"
Really appreciated the breakfast and happy hour ... a treat we were not expecting!
1 night romance trip Jul 28, 2015
"Highly recommend!"
Hotel staff was cheerful and helpful from checking in to TJ at the bar during happy hour to the very busy omelet cook at breakfast. When we travel we don't require much, but a fridge in the room is a must. We found our room without one. I asked the awesome front desk clerk about that and she told me she would try to have one brought to the room. When we came back from dinner a couple hours later, there was our fridge! I have no complaints for the 816!
3 night business trip Jul 23, 2015
"VERY DISAP!POINTING....NEVER AGAIN...BE WARNED!"
We were very excited to try this hotel out. We enjoy the Westport area and thought it would be great staying there. Location great. Hotel terrible. Our clothes were damp just after hanging in the closet area for a few hours. The carpeting in the room was sticky it was so dirty. Mold spots growing on the showering ceiling. Room furnishings worn out. (We did not stay in a 'themed' room...but a 'business') Very disappointing from beginning to end. When I told the front desk of the concerns day one, "we will look into it". When checking out I mentioned again and the lady was very kind to offer a "much better rate then you paid' to try us again. I said our next visit to KC was booked and it was a different hotel. NEVER AGAIN. I think this hotel has great intentions to recreate itself but they cut the renovation process short. An updated lobby on common areas is a start but the guest rooms MUST be a priority. I also commend them for the attempt at up scaling the breakfast from a standard continental style to omelets prepared to order. I think they mean well here but just don't measure up.
2 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
kenneth
"The area was nice, but service was lacking"
Clean towels always seemed to be scarce, the breakfast area layout felt poor, when trying to get a shuttle back to the hotel they hung up on me on the phone then refused to answer again, staff were very rude at some points, and at one point they tried to check us out early and were very unhelpful with resolving the situation. The hotel was in a very nice area though
3 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
"Customers Come First @816 -- Close to Downtown, In a Real Neighborhood"
Converted, remodeled Holiday Inn in a funky, artsy, alternative non-bland part of town with plenty of eateries and bars near by. Convenient to downtown and the convention center. The staff, from check in to housekeeping were A+ -- they really enjoy to work there and take care of their visitors. While it was nice to have continental breakfast included, the offerings were sparse and healthy options limited. Room was big and comfortable. Free WiFi throughout the property. I liked the living room lounge downstairs -- nice place to relax after the day. There was a heat wave while I was in town so I was delighted that the AC worked flawlessly.
3 night business trip Jul 11, 2015
sergio
"Friendly staff, good stay"
Really enjoyed my stay
3 night business trip Jul 19, 2015
Andy
"OUTSTANDING SERVICE !!!"
FABULOUS and helpful service from the minuter we checked in, through our stay to check out ! Comfortable room, great location ! DEF come back !!!!
3 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Clarke
"Second Stay, Great Place"
Fantastic Staff, facilities, breakfast, and happy hour. Second time staying here!
5 night business trip Jul 14, 2015
Jacob
hotel itself is nice but it is near a medical center so sirens all night. Also, bed very uncomfortable. Staff were pretty nice but front desk staff was rude and seemed put out when we asked for a location of a nearby pool--because they don't have one.
2 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
"Nice Location, Ok Hotel, Terrible Internet"
Hotel is in a great location, but many facets are outdated and the internet was terrible. Too slow to do anything.
3 night business trip Jul 13, 2015
"Great Hotel, Great Location"
This is a very nice hotel, the front desk employees were very helpful and nice. Our room was very comfortable, although the bathroom toilet bowl top was cracked and the bathroom door had a split in the lower left right corner. Those were about the only things bad I would have to say. They had 2 free cocktails/person each night. The neighborhood was great, very close to the interstate and nice downtown like area.
2 night trip with friends Jul 13, 2015
Lucas
"Sure"
Very good for the money. Great area. Staff not real professional and theme rooms a little cheesy. Location is perfect and price is right.
2 night business trip Jul 13, 2015
robert
"Initial 816 visit!"
We loved all of the KC History everywhere! Liked the basketball goal in the room.
2 night business trip Jul 10, 2015
Benjamin
"Great mini-vacay!"
Loved the KC theme all over the building. Closeness to Westport venues, complimentary 5-7pm 2-drink happy-hour was a huge plus! Probably go there again soon!
3 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
dave
"Great hotel near great bars."
Great service, very helpful and quick to offer suggestions and advice. Shuttle service was very useful to our wedding party. The neighborhood is full of bars and delicious dining that made each night a little different. It's also about 10 minutes away from the Power and Light district. Overall, I enjoyed my stay there, and would definitely stay there again.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2015
The room had a bad odor. The tub had mold all around it and didn't look very clean. The shower curtain smelled of mildew. We needed a refrigerator which we had to request and while it was delivered to our room, it was dusty on the inside. The bed was very clean and was very comfortable but the floors was spotty throughout and sticky. The location was great and close to downtown.
3 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
Sherry
"A GREAT experience!"
We loved the complimentary drinks at the bar, and the omelette station in the morning! The Kansas City Star was also available for free, which was nice in the morning. Most of all, the coffee from the Roasterie was some of the best I've ever had in a hotel experience! Well done.
1 night romance trip Jul 7, 2015
riley
Ok. Room was not as nice as expected. Toilet seat was missing a bolt so slid off all the time. Stains in the ceiling. Needs a face lift.
3 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
Other than a slow tub drain, everything in the 816 Hotel was great. The staff in the hotel was very nice.
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Laurence
"The 816 community"
I loved 816 so much! From TJ at the bar to the morning omelet bar, shuttle service and longtime guests -- it felt like home! Thank you so much! -Stacia
1 night business trip Jul 1, 2015
Stacia
"Awesome hotel, horrible surroundings."
Me and my newly wedded wife decided to take a pit stop in Kansas City. We decided to stay a few nights here before we went to Colorado. Comfy room, beds were above average, horrible location though. The restaurants that we went to around the area gave horrible service and it was as if you could hear police sirens every other 10 mins while you try to sleep. The people that worked there were fantastic and very accommodating though. Unfortunately the stay was ruined due to bad service outside of the hotel and from the neighborhood which it resides in.
2 night romance trip Jun 28, 2015
Brandon
"Great little hotel"
Nice facilities. Free breakfast. Free uncovered parking. Free local shuttle. No gym but there is a Gold's gym across the street and you can get a day pass for it. Kind of run down but it gets the job done. Overall a very nice experience.
1 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
"Great stay in KC"
Friendly Staff and great location for all the action in Westport!
1 night business trip May 18, 2015
Jerrod
"Weekend in KC"
comfortable room, nice breakfast, friendly staff. Parking a bit of a nightmare due to sharing the lot with bar/restaurant next store and nearby Westport plaza. Reasonable price compared to other hotels nearby
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
"Lovely stay"
Great customer service from the bar tender, shuttle driver, the omelet chef, and the lady working the front desk overnight. Convenient location. Clean room. The bathroom was a little cramped, and I wish the water pressure in the shower had been stronger. But for the price, this hotel is excellent. The happy hour and shuttle service were great perks.
1 night trip with friends May 24, 2015
"Gross bathrooms, zero water pressure"
Bathrooms were gross and mildewy. Beds were comfortable although they clearly were full beds instead of queens.
1 night trip with friends Jun 19, 2015
"Westport Fun"
My wife and I went to KC to see a concert at the uptown theater. The 816 hotel was very close to it so we stayed there. The hotel itself is older but has been recently updated. The rooms are clean and the beds are newer/comfortable. The hotel staff was polite. The complimentary breakfast was quite good. The best part though was the area around the hotel. Lots of very good places to eat, a number of pubs with a great selection of craft beers and an excellent atmosphere.
2 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
"Will definitely stay here again!!"
Great hotel, staff, breakfast and location. Unique room and interior concepts. Awesome price for what you get!! Free shuttle to restaurants.
10 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
Simon
"Order the TJ Creeper at Happy Hour"
The hotel staff were all so friendly! I was traveling alone and they welcomed me like family from the minute I checked in. Parking is tight but I watched an employee move their own vehicle to make more room. And it's free parking so that is a plus compared to other hotels. Breakfast is awesome - made to order omlets! And TJ makes the best drinks in town!
4 night business trip Jun 10, 2015
Lori
""Lost" our room"
I reserved a room with 2 beds for me, my daughter and her friend for her 21st birthday mainly because the hotel was walking distance to the clubs. When we checked in they told us they only had a king room. This would not work for us so they put us at another hotel, that was not walking distance. The new hotel was much nicer however this was very inconvenient for us. The staff was helpful but I was very unhappy about having to go to another hotel.
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
"Awesome pick!"
Great trip, lower water pressure in the shower is the only thing I would have liked to see improved.
2 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
"Extremely Disappointed"
My wife and I stayed here after seeing a Royals game and chose this hotel based on its proximity to Westport, downtown, and the Plaza. We were immediately disappointed. Checking in took excessively long because the front desk clerk did not know how to do their job. Even though we paid for the hotel at the time that we booked, the clerk tried to charge us again for the room. Our room was mediocre at best. We booked a standard guest room and were given one of the theme rooms. The bathroom was horrible. The sink was dirty and there were several cracks in the walls. The tub and shower were absolutely horrible...the fiberglass was very badly worn with cracks and mildew. The base of the tub had weak spots, so when you stood to take a shower, it felt like you were going to fall through to the floor below. The complimentary breakfast was also bad. This is an awful hotel with bad service. With so many other great options for lodging in the area, there is no reason to ever stay here. I wish we would have stayed elsewhere.
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
"Good stay and great service"
The hotel is a renovated Holiday Inn, or so we were told. The KC theme was interesting and appropriate for the area. The biggest plus during our stay was the hotel employees. From the woman who checked us in to the woman working the hospitality bar to the ladies who fixed the breakfast; they were the best! Very friendly and helpful. We will definitely come back.
3 night family trip May 29, 2015
David R
"Yes"
lovely place and great staff. Nice breakfast too. Starting to look a little worn, but clean and quiet. Also within walking distance to lots of restaurants and shops.
1 night trip May 27, 2015
Annalee
"rude staff"
It was a great location for what I came to town for, and I wanted to take advantage of the free shuttle only to find out they wouldn't shuttle us to a concert. The women working the front desk were very rude and made us as customers feel as though we had inconvenienced them. I will not be staying there next year. Our shuttle driver that shuttled us as close to the concert ad he could get was the only polite person. He deserves a raise!
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
abbey
this is in the middle of Westport and about a real good mile and half from the Plaza and if not up to walking shuttle runs to most places for you. Staff friendly, two drinks in the evening and good omelet station in the morning. free parking but is shared with 3 other establishments.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
terrie
"Overnight get-a-way"
Was a bit skeptical when reading some of the reviews, but some people are just born to be picky. My wife and I walked in with no expectations. What a great place to stay. if we would have stayed longer we would have ventured around the hotel, looked like several places to check out. Loved the World market just down the block. If there is any issue, its parking. But we did not have any issues with that. Maybe if it was booked full there might be. We can not wait to go back. If we would have known that there was a restaurant right across the parking lot we would have not gotten a groupon deal for another place.
Other trip May 31, 2015
"816 Hotel just OK"
ok place,not great. Bed made "crunching" noises every time you moved. We stayed in the business room, king bed. Bathroom sink and tub clogged up if you kept the water running too long. Some staff at the check out window were very nice, then others may need more customer service training....like smiling and being a little more friendly. Breakfast was good! Parking is terrible since the bar/restaurant next door shares the same lot.
3 night family trip May 18, 2015
"Long week-end"
Good value, close to attractions, parking a bit tight, and breakfast a bit crowded, but it was a long week-end a probably to be expected
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015