All hotels in Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America
801 Westport Rd, Kansas City, MO, 64111, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Overnight for Baseball"
Was in town with a friend for a baseball game. Room was ok, cable went in and out. Nothing fancy, but fine for a night. Parking was a little tricky, as the lot is shared with a popular restaurant. Good location if you're planning to explore Westport or head to a game. Room was reasonably priced compared to rooms near the stadium.
2 night trip with friends May 22, 2015
"Walking distance to bars and restaurants"
Had a great time, got there late, room was excellent, breakfast was very good also.
Other trip May 24, 2015
"Great Service!"
The driver and clerk at the check-in were super nice and accomodating. Would highly recommend. Great location if you want to be in the Westport area.
Other trip May 24, 2015
Chelsea
Great location and good value. Complementary drinks were nice. However, mattress was not comfortable....two people tend to roll together toward the center. Although the parking is free, there are not sufficient spaces to accomodate all the guests in the hotel.
Other trip May 23, 2015
Great for walking to and from Westport. The shuttle driver was really friendly, polite, and accommodating, but they should really get him a new shuttle! It stalled out at red lights, and later we saw it smoking as we were walking back inside. Stayed in a non themed room, kind of small and nothing special but was clean.
1 night trip with friends May 19, 2015
"Great place to stay."
I was looking for an interesting place to stay that didn't feel like a chain hotel. This one was great! Very comfortable room, free happy hour, and very nice and attentive staff. I really loved the location too. Located in the Westport area and blocks to the Country Club Plaza. I'll stay there again on my next trip to KC.
Other trip May 19, 2015
"Boutique hotel without the price"
Stayed twice. Third-floor room has wonderful period decorations (reprints of old local photos, for instance), as does the floor in general. First-floor room had less character, was also missing a clock, which I didn't need, but which I didn't want to be charged for either. (Apparently renovation is still underway; some rooms have them, and some don't). Didn't have a chance to enjoy Happy Hour. Fine breakfast spread, including omelets made to order! Oh, and KCMO's best neighborhood for night life too. Will happily stay there again.
1 night family trip Apr 7, 2015
Great place to stay in Westport. Clean room except the shower was grimy. Would definitely stay again.
1 night trip May 15, 2015
"Ehhh"
Room had issues with the wall in the shower falling apart. And when I asked for a couple extra pillows they were unwilling or unable to help.
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"KS SPRINT CUP WEEKEND"
If I had to find it without navigation it would have been hard. And parking was a premium, I was lucky just out the side door both nights. Overall decent motel I just wish ever were you go to a race or any large event they wouldn't rase the rates.
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
Dennis
"Excellent staff"
The bathroom was not cleaned well. The tub was dirty. All five days I stayed, bed sheets were never changed. The air conditioning was noisy.
Other trip May 16, 2015
"Nice Westport hotel."
My wife and I stayed 5 nights on a short getaway. We wanted to be close to Westport. Couldn't have had a better location. Within walking distance to many bars and great places to eat and shop. They have a cool happy hour (5-7) where they offer few drinks. The selection is very small but they are free. We did not eat breakfast but it was offered. Room was ready when we arrived. Clean. Nice. Comfortable. Small bathroom but it was enough. The bathroom did not have a light above the shower so it was pretty dark and there was no fan either. Really the only negative things I will say at all. All in all the stay was nice and I would recommend to anyone traveling to Kansas City.
Other trip May 14, 2015
"Awesome staff...decent hotel"
The staff was absolutely amazing...the only bad thing was the weird people walking up and down the street. I'd definitely go back tho to see my new friends from the 816 staff! Mac, Orlando and Sophia!
3 night trip with friends May 7, 2015
"816?"
Close to everywhere I needed to be. the check-in staff and room cleaners were questionable. Did not replace towels and only made one bed.
Other trip May 12, 2015
"good for price"
This hotel was good for the price. It was clean but old and could use some repairs. Kind of noisy in the morning as we were by the eating area and we could hear the staff getting the breakfast ready. Parking was tough and we had to find parking on the street both nights. Will probably look elsewhere next time we stay in KC, but would stay again for a really good price.
Other trip May 11, 2015
Great Hotel! The location is fantastic for trying new restaurants and trendy fun shopping. They also have a shuttle that takes you anywhere within 5 mile radius. We were there for a concert and they took us to the Sprint Center and back after the concert saved us time and money on parking. I have stayed here a few times and will continue to stay here with such great service and a wonderful location for the price it is outstanding.
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
LaDonna
"hotel"
Great spot right in Westport. Staff was friendly and the room was clean. What else can you ask for?
1 night business trip Apr 8, 2015
Nathan
"Cinco de Mayo 2015 stay"
Everything was excellent other than the fact that the hotel charged me an extra 70 dollars for hair dye left on a pillow that is able to be washed out. So I will not be staying here again.
1 night trip May 5, 2015
Jessie
"Wouldn't mind staying there again"
Only stayed for one night and I enjoyed it. The hotel is in a good spot because it is not that far from food and shopping, or wherever other place that is interesting that one could go visit. I love the fact that you can learn some of the history of Kansas City by looking at the pictures on the walls along with reading the fun facts about them. The hotel staff were very nice. The parking was a little tight but that was okay.
1 night family trip May 4, 2015
LaMelya
"Great value in the heart of Westport"
Staff were friendly and accommodating! Very helpful and laid-back. Breakfast included a free omelet bar and with the free happy hour every day from 5-7, it's a great value for the price. Right in the heart of Westport- absolutely perfect for our girls weekend!
2 night trip with friends May 1, 2015
Erin
"No shuttle"
The website said the hotel offered a shuttle service but when I arrived I asked the lady working the front desk, she said that they in fact didn't. Also the bathrooms were horrible
2 night trip with friends May 1, 2015
"Great staff!"
The staff was so helpful and friendly! We were only there for a night but it was great. Breakfast was also excellent!
1 night romance trip May 1, 2015
"Great location, great people"
Great location, great people at the hotel
1 night romance trip Apr 29, 2015
"Excellent service"
The staff are very nice. Rooms clean. Beds very comfortable. On multiple occasions, the staff went out of their way to take care of us.
2 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
Stephen
"A happy ending."
It started out rough, being booked for a room that wasn't available. But ended up nice. Wonderful breakfast!
1 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Chad
"uptown theatre goer"
Great landing pad for a night in Westport or the Uptown Theatre. It's not a luxury hotel, but it has everything you need, including a shuttle and very friendly staff.
1 night family trip Apr 26, 2015
Jarrod
"not a high rise, but really nice"
Nice place. It was unfortunate that they only had 2 doubles, but the rooms were very large and spacious. The area around the place was not great though. the picture made it look like it is a high rise.... it is Not... but all in all, very nice place and I would stay there again
1 night business trip Apr 23, 2015
Arrash
"Good hotel"
I stayed at this hotel for five days, and liked the character of old Kansas City it brings to a modern hotel. The staff is friendly and accommodating, the free breakfast is great, with fresh fruit and an omelet made to your order. The evening managers cocktail hour is nice as well. I walked a block to a great restuarant down the street. There are many others within walking distance as well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a different experience than your typical mid-priced chain hotel.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
Bengt
"Great!!!"
Absolutely great staff and location for the price I paid. Half the price of the other hotels around will definitely come back. Happy hour, made to order omelets, and parking all free just made the stay even more worth it. Will definitely come back.
1 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
"Nice 816 Hotel #KCexperience"
First time staying at this hotel. I would like to experience another 816 Hotel #KCexperience in a different location to compare!
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
CC
"816 truly a fantastic hotel"
Stay was fantastic the staff you couldn't ask for nicer, or accommodating people Breakfast and happy hour were fantastic a delicious hot breakfast what more can you ask for . Shuttles were on time , drivers were great ,just can't say enough about this place. I wouldn't stay any other place in Kansas City other then 816
4 night trip with friends Apr 8, 2015
Ronald
It was a comfortable and friendly stay. Perfect location.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Pat
Great staff but rooms average,first room horrible moved us to a good room
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
HAVEN
"love the shuttle"
Basic room. Great hotel staff. The shuttle was a life saver.
1 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
james
"Pleasant stay"
Walking distance to decent venues. A Hotel car, drives your party to a drop off and pick up location within a limited mile radius from hotel - free. Two free cocktails before dinner! Good clientele.
1 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
Alberto
"Very cool KC experience"
Themed room really give you the KC experience. Regular rooms were very nice, with great amenities and very clean. The hotel is walking distance from westport, so worth the extra couple bucks you'd spend on a taxi staying anywhere else. My only complaint was the the lack of mini-fridge in my room-- I'm sure I would have been provided one if I asked, though! The staff was very friendly, helpful, and professional!
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
Renae
"Great place!"
I came for a conference and this place was perfect! The staff was really friendly and helpful and the room was really clean. Also, great perks like free drinks and breakfast!
3 night business trip Mar 19, 2015
"Nice stop for girls weekend"
First time staying at 816 hotel, nice and clean and the hotel staff when checking in was wonderful. Very pleasant and helpful! The room was great outside of the horrible lighting in the bathroom:( We did take the Hotel shuttle which was great but they never came back to pick us up to take us back to the hotel at the end of the night- and then when we called, argued with us about whether or not the driver showed up. That wasn't fun:( Other than that would totally stay there again!
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
Aharon
"Girls' Getaway"
Great hotel stay from the moment of check-in. Complimentary champagne, friendly employees, fantastic breakfast w/pancakes & omelets! Super comfy beds, nice view, great neighborhood within walking distance of restaurants, bars & shops! We were in town for a concert & were told that the free shuttle stopped running at 10:45, however when the concert was over at 11 the shuttle was waiting for everyone & said they would make trips until everyone was back at the hotel! Would absolutely stay here again!
2 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2015
Haleigh
"Don't try to check in early."
Went down with friends for St.Patricks Day , had a very nice time , but it was real busy... so it took some to check in.
1 night trip with friends Mar 17, 2015
"Concert in the City"
Stayed here for a concert at the Sprint Center and it was perfect. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They shuttled us to and from the concert which was great. There were tons of great restaurants and bars within walking distance of the hotel. Also the next morning they served a delicious complementary breakfast. Overall it was great experience and I have already booked it again for our next trip to Kansas City.
1 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
LaDonna
"Great!"
It was wonderful!
1 night romance trip Mar 19, 2015
Samantha
"Tired facility but good value"
I had a "business king" which surprisingly enough came with a treadmill in the room. I was surprised but it sure came in handy. Place is definitely old and needs updating but given price and location I was happy. I thought, contrary to some other reviewers, that the breakfast was fine: cereal, bread products,omlette stand. They had a reception on Thursday night with appetizers that were good and could have been dinner. I used "Orderin" for order out one night (menu is in room). Pizza was good although I'd recommend Minsky's instead (they also deliver). I did not have trouble parking but I was in by 7 every night. If you want to rent a car I recommend Enterpise on Main street. They will pick you up and take you back. Price way better than renting at airport.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
RHF
"Regular Room for me"
Great location. I stayed in a regular room. Themed rooms creep me out. It snowed while I was there. Staff is very friendly.
3 night trip Feb 27, 2015
Carter
"A Memorable Experience"
My daughter and I came to KC to see my son whose art show was this weekend. He came to visit us st the hotel and loved the KC history/photos that lined the hotel walls. The young girl who checked us in was a delight and made us feel so welcome. The breakfast that was served was fantastic (especially the omelets). We were close to everythng that we needed. Thank you for a wonderful experience! We will be back.
1 night family trip Mar 5, 2015
Crystal
"Hotel 816"
Good. Small parking lot.
2 night business trip Feb 20, 2015
"Great location in Westport!"
The hotel was a little dated, but overall nice. The staff were very friendly.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
"Great weekend getaway"
My husband and I stayed here with another couple for a weekend getaway. We had a great time! We started with happy hour at the bar (5-7 p.m.), then took the hotel shuttle, which is essentially a free cab service, to the Plaza for dinner. No worries about drinking and driving! The next morning we tried the complimentary breakfast bar...it left a lot to be desired, but there was a fantastic French bakery across the street that we tried the next morning. Afterward the hotel shuttle dropped us off at Boulevard Brewery facility for a tour, but we got stranded there, as the hotel cancelled shuttle service owing to snow. That was a tad annoying, but we took a cab back for less than $10. Overall we had a great stay. Would definitely recommend it!
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Very accommodating"
I needed to check in an hour early and they made it happen! The staff was very friendly
1 night business trip Feb 26, 2015
Katherine
"Close to everything."
Great location and very friendly staff. Yummy breakfast.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015