All hotels in Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America
801 Westport Rd, Kansas City, MO, 64111, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Excellent service"
The staff are very nice. Rooms clean. Beds very comfortable. On multiple occasions, the staff went out of their way to take care of us.
2 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
Stephen
"A happy ending."
It started out rough, being booked for a room that wasn't available. But ended up nice. Wonderful breakfast!
1 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Chad
"uptown theatre goer"
Great landing pad for a night in Westport or the Uptown Theatre. It's not a luxury hotel, but it has everything you need, including a shuttle and very friendly staff.
1 night family trip Apr 26, 2015
Jarrod
"not a high rise, but really nice"
Nice place. It was unfortunate that they only had 2 doubles, but the rooms were very large and spacious. The area around the place was not great though. the picture made it look like it is a high rise.... it is Not... but all in all, very nice place and I would stay there again
1 night business trip Apr 23, 2015
Arrash
"Good hotel"
I stayed at this hotel for five days, and liked the character of old Kansas City it brings to a modern hotel. The staff is friendly and accommodating, the free breakfast is great, with fresh fruit and an omelet made to your order. The evening managers cocktail hour is nice as well. I walked a block to a great restuarant down the street. There are many others within walking distance as well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a different experience than your typical mid-priced chain hotel.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
Bengt
"Great!!!"
Absolutely great staff and location for the price I paid. Half the price of the other hotels around will definitely come back. Happy hour, made to order omelets, and parking all free just made the stay even more worth it. Will definitely come back.
1 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
"Nice 816 Hotel #KCexperience"
First time staying at this hotel. I would like to experience another 816 Hotel #KCexperience in a different location to compare!
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
CC
"816 truly a fantastic hotel"
Stay was fantastic the staff you couldn't ask for nicer, or accommodating people Breakfast and happy hour were fantastic a delicious hot breakfast what more can you ask for . Shuttles were on time , drivers were great ,just can't say enough about this place. I wouldn't stay any other place in Kansas City other then 816
4 night trip with friends Apr 8, 2015
Ronald
It was a comfortable and friendly stay. Perfect location.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Pat
Great staff but rooms average,first room horrible moved us to a good room
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
HAVEN
"love the shuttle"
Basic room. Great hotel staff. The shuttle was a life saver.
1 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
james
"Pleasant stay"
Walking distance to decent venues. A Hotel car, drives your party to a drop off and pick up location within a limited mile radius from hotel - free. Two free cocktails before dinner! Good clientele.
1 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
Alberto
"Very cool KC experience"
Themed room really give you the KC experience. Regular rooms were very nice, with great amenities and very clean. The hotel is walking distance from westport, so worth the extra couple bucks you'd spend on a taxi staying anywhere else. My only complaint was the the lack of mini-fridge in my room-- I'm sure I would have been provided one if I asked, though! The staff was very friendly, helpful, and professional!
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
Renae
"Great place!"
I came for a conference and this place was perfect! The staff was really friendly and helpful and the room was really clean. Also, great perks like free drinks and breakfast!
3 night business trip Mar 19, 2015
"Nice stop for girls weekend"
First time staying at 816 hotel, nice and clean and the hotel staff when checking in was wonderful. Very pleasant and helpful! The room was great outside of the horrible lighting in the bathroom:( We did take the Hotel shuttle which was great but they never came back to pick us up to take us back to the hotel at the end of the night- and then when we called, argued with us about whether or not the driver showed up. That wasn't fun:( Other than that would totally stay there again!
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
Aharon
"Girls' Getaway"
Great hotel stay from the moment of check-in. Complimentary champagne, friendly employees, fantastic breakfast w/pancakes & omelets! Super comfy beds, nice view, great neighborhood within walking distance of restaurants, bars & shops! We were in town for a concert & were told that the free shuttle stopped running at 10:45, however when the concert was over at 11 the shuttle was waiting for everyone & said they would make trips until everyone was back at the hotel! Would absolutely stay here again!
2 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2015
Haleigh
"Don't try to check in early."
Went down with friends for St.Patricks Day , had a very nice time , but it was real busy... so it took some to check in.
1 night trip with friends Mar 17, 2015
"Concert in the City"
Stayed here for a concert at the Sprint Center and it was perfect. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They shuttled us to and from the concert which was great. There were tons of great restaurants and bars within walking distance of the hotel. Also the next morning they served a delicious complementary breakfast. Overall it was great experience and I have already booked it again for our next trip to Kansas City.
1 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
LaDonna
"Great!"
It was wonderful!
1 night romance trip Mar 19, 2015
Samantha
"Tired facility but good value"
I had a "business king" which surprisingly enough came with a treadmill in the room. I was surprised but it sure came in handy. Place is definitely old and needs updating but given price and location I was happy. I thought, contrary to some other reviewers, that the breakfast was fine: cereal, bread products,omlette stand. They had a reception on Thursday night with appetizers that were good and could have been dinner. I used "Orderin" for order out one night (menu is in room). Pizza was good although I'd recommend Minsky's instead (they also deliver). I did not have trouble parking but I was in by 7 every night. If you want to rent a car I recommend Enterpise on Main street. They will pick you up and take you back. Price way better than renting at airport.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
RHF
"Regular Room for me"
Great location. I stayed in a regular room. Themed rooms creep me out. It snowed while I was there. Staff is very friendly.
3 night trip Feb 27, 2015
Carter
"A Memorable Experience"
My daughter and I came to KC to see my son whose art show was this weekend. He came to visit us st the hotel and loved the KC history/photos that lined the hotel walls. The young girl who checked us in was a delight and made us feel so welcome. The breakfast that was served was fantastic (especially the omelets). We were close to everythng that we needed. Thank you for a wonderful experience! We will be back.
1 night family trip Mar 5, 2015
Crystal
"Hotel 816"
Good. Small parking lot.
2 night business trip Feb 20, 2015
"Great location in Westport!"
The hotel was a little dated, but overall nice. The staff were very friendly.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
"Great weekend getaway"
My husband and I stayed here with another couple for a weekend getaway. We had a great time! We started with happy hour at the bar (5-7 p.m.), then took the hotel shuttle, which is essentially a free cab service, to the Plaza for dinner. No worries about drinking and driving! The next morning we tried the complimentary breakfast bar...it left a lot to be desired, but there was a fantastic French bakery across the street that we tried the next morning. Afterward the hotel shuttle dropped us off at Boulevard Brewery facility for a tour, but we got stranded there, as the hotel cancelled shuttle service owing to snow. That was a tad annoying, but we took a cab back for less than $10. Overall we had a great stay. Would definitely recommend it!
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Very accommodating"
I needed to check in an hour early and they made it happen! The staff was very friendly
1 night business trip Feb 26, 2015
Katherine
"Close to everything."
Great location and very friendly staff. Yummy breakfast.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
Erin
"2.21.15"
Great staff and amenities. Fun happy hour in hotel lobby. Free shuttle service was a big plus.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
Jonathan
"Nice but..."
Nice staff, good breakfast, great location, good price, but rooms are dated and at night parking can be a challenge. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
Rusty
"All about guest experience"
My husband and I stayed for a concert at the Uptown Theater. The staff were very friendly! We hung out in the lobby bar before the show and enjoyed chatting with their bartender and other guests. The shuttle service at the hotel took us to and picked us up from the concert. It was all around a great experience, and we will be staying there anytime we are in KC!
1 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
Chey Anne
"Convenient, Cordial and Classy!"
My husband and I came to 816 for our first Valentine's day as husband and wife. The staff were pleasant and inviting from the moment we arrived! The location is perfect for Westport wandering, and with a happy hour from 5-7, we could start our festivities even before dinner!
Nathan
"Medical Appointment"
Needed a place to stay for appointment at KU Medical Center next day. Easy access to the medical center. Room was different in decor but fun!
1 night trip Feb 11, 2015
"Good weekend"
Great stay. Staff was great. Good night life in the area.
2 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
Dean
"Lipstick on a pig."
This was an old Holiday Inn Express with a two day makeover.
1 night business trip Feb 5, 2015
close to many entertainment spots in the Westport area. Close to uptown theater.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
"Fun stay!"
Came up for a concert at the Uptown Theater. Booked a room in advance on hotels.com. When we got there, they upgraded us to the Uptown Theater themed room!! Free parking, free breakfast and 2 complimentary drinks at the bar! The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. Would definitely stay there again!
1 night family trip Feb 3, 2015
kira
"great hotel w/friendly professional staff!"
Great hotel, decorated very nice, love the unique lighting, great staff, loved the free perks....free shuttle service within 4 miles, free breakfast, free cocktail hour....the staff gave great recommendations on local restaurants! I think it should be upgraded to a 3 star hotel....the current rating of 2.5 stars almost made me not choose to stay there....Glad I did....I would recommend this hotel & would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
tamra
"Penguin room"
Reserved a no theme room and was suprised when we had a theme room to check in to. It was penguins and had a bunkbed along with the king we requested. Our kids teased us, but it was no big deal and would have been great when our kids were small or if we had grand kids to come stay with us. The bed was a little hard, but quiet room and the tub/shower drained fine. Breakfast was great.
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
Debra
"Good Location"
Overall experience was great. I would definitely stay here again. Staff were friendly and polite ... Great drinks at their happy hour as well
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Kim A
"Great Affordable Hotel"
The stay was all fine and well, but the room was apparently some sort of bus themed room. I'm not sure I understood the decor, but the room was clean and comfortable with a fridge and microwave. Have stayed here several times even before it became the 816. It's always been a great place to stay in KC. Even better since the change.
1 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
"Volleyball Mom's paradise"
Stayed for volleyball tournament. We love the 816! The staff are all extremely nice and go out of their way to make you feel at home.
1 night business trip Jan 30, 2015
"GGT"
Was fine
2 night trip Jan 28, 2015
Ramy
"Nice hotel near plaza."
I would have given this hotel a 5 if it had a fitness center (although they offered a free pass to the Golds Gym down the street -- I don't like to walk outside hotel for that service) and it also did not provide conditioner -- only shampoo. My hair had knots in it after showering and had static electricity. Would help to have them spend a couple bucks to provide that. I thought the rooms were comfortable. I liked the history stories of KC throughout the building. Very cool. I also really liked the free morning breakfast -- a great made to order omelets. Also really liked the Drinks -- happy hour each night. Everyone was extremely pleasant including the cleaning staff. Great price, great locations and pretty nice digs.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
Sheryl
"Great base camp for a night in Westport."
This hotel is a great value in Westport. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We had a short and safe walk to area bars, shops, and restaurants. It is a short drive/taxi to Country Club Plaza for serious shoppers.
1 night trip with friends Jan 25, 2015
"Free shuttle was a life/money saver!"
We enjoyed our stay here - the staff was one of the most helpful, professional and friendly that I have encountered.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"Don't Stay Here ..."
This hotel is reply a CON. I was charged for an additional fee after check-out for ¿ Who knows why ? Unhappy. Do Not Recommend. Zero Stars / 5
2 night trip Jan 23, 2015
"Good value in a great neighborhood"
Unique hotel in a wonderful neighborhood - very friendly staff, especially noticeable visiting from the east coast. That said, the building shows its age - water pressure up on the sixth floor wasn't great, the elevator is s l o w, and the room itself was clean and comfortable but didn't have many available outlets.
3 night business trip Jan 22, 2015
Christopher
"816 Affordable and Friendly"
I went for an interview with a medical school in the city. When we got there they updated our room with no cost because the one I booked was occupied which was nice. The hotel had a shuttle that took me to and from the school with no cost, which was also very convenient.
2 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
Lindsey
"Somewhat okay hotel"
It was an okay hotel. It was somewhat below my normal hotel standards. There wasn't a microwave and/or mini refrigerator so that was an inconvenience since I was staying for 4 nights. Hotel was located in a convenient area near a lot of attractions.
4 night trip Jan 20, 2015
Brandy
"Close to family in KC"
The old historic Kansas City theme in this hotel is very cool. Staff was excellent. The only reasons the room was not excellent was that I could tell it had been remodeled and a few things like the bathroom door and closet showed it. I could not park near the hotel at 8:30 pm one night because the lot was full.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015