All hotels in Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here801 Westport Rd, Kansas City, MO, 64111, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"GGT"
Was fine
2 night trip Jan 28, 2015
Ramy
"Nice hotel near plaza."
I would have given this hotel a 5 if it had a fitness center (although they offered a free pass to the Golds Gym down the street -- I don't like to walk outside hotel for that service) and it also did not provide conditioner -- only shampoo. My hair had knots in it after showering and had static electricity. Would help to have them spend a couple bucks to provide that. I thought the rooms were comfortable. I liked the history stories of KC throughout the building. Very cool. I also really liked the free morning breakfast -- a great made to order omelets. Also really liked the Drinks -- happy hour each night. Everyone was extremely pleasant including the cleaning staff. Great price, great locations and pretty nice digs.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
Sheryl
"Great base camp for a night in Westport."
This hotel is a great value in Westport. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We had a short and safe walk to area bars, shops, and restaurants. It is a short drive/taxi to Country Club Plaza for serious shoppers.
1 night trip with friends Jan 25, 2015
"Free shuttle was a life/money saver!"
We enjoyed our stay here - the staff was one of the most helpful, professional and friendly that I have encountered.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"Don't Stay Here ..."
This hotel is reply a CON. I was charged for an additional fee after check-out for ¿ Who knows why ? Unhappy. Do Not Recommend. Zero Stars / 5
2 night trip Jan 23, 2015
"Good value in a great neighborhood"
Unique hotel in a wonderful neighborhood - very friendly staff, especially noticeable visiting from the east coast. That said, the building shows its age - water pressure up on the sixth floor wasn't great, the elevator is s l o w, and the room itself was clean and comfortable but didn't have many available outlets.
3 night business trip Jan 22, 2015
Christopher
"816 Affordable and Friendly"
I went for an interview with a medical school in the city. When we got there they updated our room with no cost because the one I booked was occupied which was nice. The hotel had a shuttle that took me to and from the school with no cost, which was also very convenient.
2 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
Lindsey
"Somewhat okay hotel"
It was an okay hotel. It was somewhat below my normal hotel standards. There wasn't a microwave and/or mini refrigerator so that was an inconvenience since I was staying for 4 nights. Hotel was located in a convenient area near a lot of attractions.
4 night trip Jan 20, 2015
Brandy
"Close to family in KC"
The old historic Kansas City theme in this hotel is very cool. Staff was excellent. The only reasons the room was not excellent was that I could tell it had been remodeled and a few things like the bathroom door and closet showed it. I could not park near the hotel at 8:30 pm one night because the lot was full.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Sandy
"Night Out in Westport"
We went bar-hopping in Westport. The 816 had the best location; easy walks to and from the bars. The happy hour was okay. Breakfast was good!
1 night trip with friends Dec 26, 2014
The worst part of staying at this hotel was there wasn't hardly any parking. My boyfriend and I drove around for a hour before we could get close to the hotel. The room was ok but the bath tub was stained.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Great Central Westport Location"
The woman working the front desk was especially friendly throughout the check in process and explained to me about the buffet breakfast the following morning. The room decor was nice (not fancy, but I also wasn't expecting fancy). My one complaint would have to be the state of the bathroom fixtures. The toilet flushed after trying several times and had very low water flow. The shower head was at a very low height (I'm 6'4, and the shower head was only as high as my neck). There was also a weird rubber mat on the bottom of the tub that was rather slippery. It looked as though the whole bat/shower insert had been replaced with one of those cheap fiberglass replacements. The caulking looked awful and all of the shelf space in the shower sloped so much that nothing could be placed on them. The bedding was clean and comfortable, but the choice of cable programming was slow to progress through. The breakfast was delicious and a nice touch. The woman working the desk in the morning made sure to wish me a good day and thank me for staying even though she was on the phone when I dropped off my keys.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"Winter Getaway"
Our stay was a long weekend getaway before starting back for the 2nd half of our school year. The hotel is situated close to the plaza, Crown Center, and in the heart of Westport. There were a few noise issues during one night of our stay, but we accept that as we were in Westport. I wanted a hotel with a gym. While the gym is not onsite, having access to Gold's Gym 2 blocks away was a bonus. The morning breakfast may be as good as I've had in a hotel stay and I stay in hotels several nights a year. The omelet bar was great and the lady cooking them was very friendly and accommodating. We would stay here again in the future.
2 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
Danny
Stayed there on our wedding night. Great bed, great shower. We got a theme room upgrade. It was very cute. The staff was very helpful and nice. We had a wonderful experience.
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
Angie
"Great location, charming ambiance, nice rooms"
Hotel has been updated so it has a nicer lobby, a bar off the lobby, and the decor consists partly of vintage photographs (enlarged) of Kansas City in the earlier part of the 20th century. The rooms are simple, clean, and perfect for a short stay. The location is EXCELLENT. Very accessible from Southwest Trafficway, located right in Westport, close to the Plaza, and not too far from downtown. The lobby staff are all friendly, helpful, always on hand, and eager to help. My only grievance is that my room was not cleaned for three days. Having the room cleaned every day is not important to me--I don't need new sheets, new towels, and new soaps every single day--but not having maid service for three straight days was disappointing. Also, the tissue dispenser ran out on the first night, and was never refilled. So--the maid service might need some improvement.
3 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Ellen
"Disappointing"
Greeted warmly by the hotel staff on arrival. However... Beds VERY soft & uncomfortable. Shower pressure poor. As well as other guests who evidently been out celebrating yelling in the hall. Also, several times in the night car alarms going off at night in the parking lot.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"couple in town for chiefs game"
The hotel service was great and the location was even better. We were in town for a chiefs game and the drive to the game wasn't bad at all.
3 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
"Snort and Sweet Visit"
Had a good stay. Staff was friendly.Needed information on a local church and the staff was helpful. Omelet at breakfast was good.
2 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Martha
"Great hotel!"
Very friendly and helpful stuff! Amazing breakfast! Comfortable and nice stay!
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"I've seen better"
Shower was clogged, therefore took shower in standing, backed up water. Parking is a nightmare for those who arrive after 5pm. Ice machine didn't work. Soda machine took my money.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Xmas trip"
Love yhe neighborhood
1 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
mary
Parking was a little scarce and breakfast closes early. The room also needed a little maintenance, but was clean and comfortable
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Great Location Great Stay"
We had a quick stay. We were excited how quick and accommodating it was. Hotel was nice and clean. Beds comfy. Room accommodations good. We even got offered 2 happy hour drinks upon arrival (kinda cool). Breakfast was good and coffee was there and ready. We would definitely suggest people to stay here if visiting KC. Great location, quick and friendly staff, & nice place. Thank you
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Perfect downtown KC get away"
My boyfriend and I stayed at 816 it was awesome! The staff was what made the hotel for us from the bartender to the front desk employees. They were all beyond friendly helpful and great at their jobs. They all seemed to love their jobs and cared about us! The room was clean and perfect for us!
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
McGrath
"Water problems"
The room wasn't bad but the toilet didn't flush very well and the shower didn't drain. When we would get done taking a shower we would be standing in about 2" of soapy water.
1 night family trip Dec 18, 2014
It was a good stay. We had three rooms for our group of six. We appreciated the shuttle service that transported us to the Plaza for dinner. Pleasant staff!
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
KKA
"Great staff + great atmosphere = great stay"
I stopped in Kansas City during a long load trip. I booked a room at 816 because Hotels.com was running a special, and I'm glad I did. I was exhausted and hungry from driving almost nonstop since morning, but the great staff was so friendly and welcoming that I felt almost like I was staying at a friend's place. I didn't know when I booked my stay that some of the rooms are themed, and they draw their inspiration from Kansas City history and culture. The woman at the front desk put me in the Kelley Room, assuring me that I would love it. She was right. I really enjoyed the glimpse into local culture. Unfortunately, the hotel kitchen and bar were closed by the time I rolled in, but the staff recommended places in the area where I could get dinner and a beer. The room itself was spacious, clean, and fun. After a long day on the road, the bed felt amazing. I want to find an excuse to back to Kansas City, so I can stay at 816 again.
1 night trip Nov 29, 2014
Elyse
"Friday Dec. 5"
Great things--free wifi, friendly shuttle service, 2 free drinks at evening reception, location to KC area, fun historic KC murals. Not so great things--Saturday am breakfast quit at 10, husband was still there at 10:08 while cook was still making omelets for a soccer team, but she wouldn't fix one more for him. Room had a giant water stain/patch on ceiling and bathrooms need a makeover.
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
"Good hotel"
A few minor things could be improved on, but good overall. I'll return to stay again.
2 night trip with friends Dec 3, 2014
ADAM
"go chiefs"
Last minute booking and had a good offer so ended up stayin for the night. Vicinity of Crown Plaza, Sprint Center, and P&L (power and light) easily accessible. The hotel looks recently updated and had a big city vibe with kc monarcs (minor league baseball) detail inside of our room. Good room layout and normal breakfast but only complaint was the water wasnt hot enough for a hot bath in winter weather.
1 night trip Nov 29, 2014
Abel
"Out of date. Dirty"
There was no place to park, had to change rooms due to no heat, both rooms were dirty. The tubs need to be resurfaced. The staff have a that's the way it is attitude especially the guy with the tattoos on his fingers. SAD!
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
weekly traveler
Love this hotel , very central , clean , great breakfast -- not the typical pre made , frozen thawed junk other brand hotels present you with !
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
Rob
"Great botique hotel . The breakfast was amazing"
Fun place to stay . Great staff . Amazing hotel breakfast even including a hand made omlet. Can't beat that !
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Rob
"First time to KC, great location for a hotel but"
Great location for a first time visit to KC. Many restaurants and museums around. The hotel staff was hit and miss. Some employees were very friendly and helpful and others were very standoff-ish. It's a young staff, which is fine but you could tell a few weren't really trained for the service industry. They offer a free shuttle within 4 miles of the hotel which is great, you can get a ride to all the fun locations in the city. The problem is it wasn't a shuttle it was just a car that could only hold 4 people. So instead of grabbing a shuttle to a museum with other guests you had to wait while they dropped people off and came back. The shuttle was "broken down" for our entire 4 night 5 day stay... The rooms are average at best with tiny bathrooms. They also offered guests a happy hour from 5-7 each night where we were given two free drinks per person each night. Although one night there was a bartender subbing in for the regular gal and he picked and chose who he gave two drinks per person or two drinks per room. Be prepared to just get basic drinks, which of course if fine since they are free. If you want a fun bar with great burgers go next door.
4 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
"Stay at the 816"
The staff was friendly and helpful. They have been remodeling the hotel. Even though the room I stayed in had new wall paper and decorations some needed basic maitenence hadn't been done. There was a crack in the floor of the bathtub, the electrical socket behind the bed was loose and needed to be fixed or replaced.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
I stayed one night. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff was excellent. A driver took us to the concert venue we were going to and picked us up.
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
Mary Ann
"2 Night Stay October 2014"
Comfortable but quirky room with penguin wallpaper and theme. Room was quiet with no street noise or sounds from other rooms. Requested additional chair and this was provided. Good breakfast.
"Gemutlich"
Very pleasant and comfortable. Like a bit of Europe in Westport.
3 night family trip Nov 10, 2014
Clay
"nice stay"
Very nice also had transportation if needed
3 night trip Nov 8, 2014
david
"nice place"
The stay was great the staff was friendly and the room were even better. The only problem was the parking had the park 4 blocks away otherwise the place was great...
1 night trip Nov 8, 2014
"unhappy customer"
I book my reservation online for my husband and I to have a quick getaway and asked for a king size bed. My confirmation was emailed to me for a King size bed. Upon arrive the front desk gentleman was very friendly, got me checked in and handed my the key to our room. We went to our room to find that he had put us in a room with two full size beds. Called down to the front desk to have a woman tell us that they had over booked the hotel and didn't have any king size beds left. I find this very disheartening because my husband and I don't exactly fit into a full size bed together. I find it funny how at the time of check-in the young man didn't say anything about this. And how is it ok to take my money and not inform me of what I am actually getting, when I clearly asked for a King size bed? On top of all that I went to take a shower and there was mold growing around the top of the top. Gross! Very dissatisfied customer and will not be returning to this hotel.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
"Friendly staff and great value."
Business trip- I opted to pay hotel directly instead of going through Hotel.com and glad I did. Booked for 3 nights, schedule changed and only needed two nights. Hotel said no problem, but if I paid through Hotel.com I would have to request a refund and hassle with that. Hotel was great, good breakfast, complimentary happy "hour" 5-7 but staff would exercise discretion as it went longer and everyone had a good time. Friendly staff, overall a great value.
3 night business trip Oct 27, 2014
Jerry
"Great staff!"
We got a good deal on the hotel and were so glad we found this gem! It's close to everything but not too close. There's a free shuttle to anywhere within 4 miles which is great if you hate trying to drive in traffic. The staff made sure to go out of their way to make you feel welcome and always had suggestions on where to go. Plus you get 2 free drinks during happy hour. Will be back!
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
lindsey
the staff was very nice, helpful and courteous. Great location.
2 night trip Oct 15, 2014
"good neighborhood, terrible bed"
good staff, good location, horrible bed
1 night business trip Oct 15, 2014
"Location is the only good part"
Price is too high for room, I thought I'd be getting a better quality stay for what I paid. A "budget" hotel has more amenities and service then this hotel does. Beds were almost waterbed like, squishy, shifty and the linens were overused thin sheet like "comforters". Hot water was actually warm water. They explained to me that they had a shuttle service upon arrival and I thought fantastic because we were going to attend a show that evening. I asked them when we need to be picked up what do we do? they told me just to call them and they would come get us, but what they failed to tell me is that their shuttle service stops at 11 PM. The staff needs to be more informed and unfortunately as great of a location it is we will not stay there again.
1 night trip Oct 14, 2014
J
"Great location-"
Short one night stay - the desk clerk was extremely nice and recommended local restaurants. Offers Happy Hour with two free drinks between 5-7. The lobby and bar area have been updated nicely. The rooms are average but comfortable. In walking distance of restaurants, bars, and other night life. Minutes from Country Club Plaza. Hotel parking is shared with neighboring burger joint and quite packed. Offers morning breakfast, we had to leave early so we didnt eat.
1 night family trip Oct 12, 2014
Brandi
"In the middle of everything"
Our first visit to KC and we had a wonderful time. Most of it due to the location and staff of 816. Our room was a little rough around the edges (toilet paper holder fell off the wall, our last day/night there our room was not cleaned etc...) but for the most part because of all the other great things about this hotel, we were able to overlook the small inconveniences.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Jeff and Betsy
Great location, clean rooms, only complaint is the water pressure.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"816 - Good Experience"
Location and cost are very good. Close to dining and entertainment at the Plaza, Westport, and Midtown. The Flea Market next door DOES indeed have the best burgers in KC, and noise didn't come through the stout windows. Only downside was that water pressure was so low that shower barely functioned. Otherwise, very convenient and comfortable.
2 night business trip Oct 6, 2014