All hotels in Riverside, California, United States of America
3649 Mission Inn Ave, Riverside, CA, 92501, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Beautiful old hotel"
It was a wonderful old hotel, just beautiful, will definitely stay again
2 night romance trip Feb 6, 2016
Edward
"Business in Riverside"
All was wonderful EXCEPT street & plaza noise was HORRIBLE. Lasted until the early morning hours. Kids, skateboarding, radios to full blast & this was a Thursday night!
1 night romance trip Feb 4, 2016
carlotta a
I had to call the front desk at 12:45 am due to guests in room next to ours who were loud and awoke us.
1 night romance trip Jan 30, 2016
Sheryl
"Sunday Brunch get away"
Stayed here for a night for a friend's 40th birthday. Service was top notch and Sunday Brunch was great. Must do: Grab a glass of wine/beer and walk around and explore the different floors of the hotel. So many nice seating areas and views!
1 night trip Jan 24, 2016
Omar
"Magical"
This is one of the most magical places to stay in the world. There's no need to ever leave the hotel.
2 night romance trip Jan 24, 2016
Devon
"Totally Recommend"
My boyfriend and I decided to have a little getaway and choose the Mission Inn based on reviews from a friend. We were not disappointed at all. The hotel is AMAZING and the service couldn't have been any better. We are in the process of planning another trip, due to our great experience. Little bit of advice stay for the Sunday Brunch, a little pricey but so worth it.
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2016
Assadollah
Amazinf hotel and the rooms are really big
1 night trip with friends Jan 15, 2016
Cullen
I've never been in a more interesting hotel - just wandering the corridors would keep you happy for hours, with a new discovery at every turn and all the hotel's many levels. The staff were always helpful, a pleasure to talk to. And I liked the pool. They were preparing the hotel for the Christmas holidays - it was clearly going to be a spectacular holiday at the Mission, and I'd like to be there one year.
2 night business trip Nov 1, 2015
"Make it your Mission to stay at The Mission Inn"
The hotel was a joy. Stay there. Highly recommend it.
1 night business trip Jan 14, 2016
Donald
"Mission Inn"
Always enjoy stays here. Very relaxing atmosphere, accommodating staff, great food and beautiful property.
2 night business trip Jan 6, 2016
"A Nice Getaway from Home"
WiFi was $9.99 and we chose really not to use that. Our Heater was acting up, but the Engineering team did attempt to fix it. We grabbed a drink at the bar and brought it up to our room and did enjoy the rest of our evening.
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2016
gilbert
"Historic Mission Inn"
The hotel is old elegance. The room is small but comfortable because the hotel is very old. This historic hotel is so beautiful that all the 'inconveniences" just add charm. Small elevators mean you can take grand staircases. From the stained glass to the arched walkways this is a beautiful hotel. There was always staff in the main lobby to greet and assist guests. If you can't stay here then you should certainly visit or have brunch or tea.
1 night romance trip Jan 8, 2016
Rosalind
"Festival of Lights while at The Mission Inn"
Upon arrival hundreds of holiday lights and figures illumiated the streets, sidewalks that lead to the Mission Inn. This Festival was something I wanted to experience for many years, and finally I enjoyed the Downtown tradition without planning to. It was coincidental that I booked the Mission Inn during the last few nights of Downtown Riverside's Festival of Lights. It was breath taking and magical as was the hotel, it's staff and unique atmosphere that is rooted so deeply in California History. I recommend staying here to anyone. The neighborhood is a downtown area in a major city, use common sense and stay alter. My favorite part of my stay was wandering around the hotel, and it is courtyards. It's very easy to get lost(in a good way) so please take time to enjoy the beauty the Mission Inn offers.
1 night business trip Jan 4, 2016
Great place to stay.
1 night family trip Sep 29, 2015
Theodis
"Beautiful hotel. Lights are a must see!!"
This is such a beautiful and historic hotel. This is my second visit and my only regret is staying prior to the Christmas lights! Also, the Hotel needs more breakfast options. We checked out Thanksgiving morning and nothing in the area was open. The hotel had a champagne brunch but it would have been too pricey from my large family (62/adult and 29 for kids).
1 night family trip Nov 25, 2015
Cathy
Great historical hotel. Must stay if you are in town. Bathroom is small.
1 night family trip Nov 23, 2015
"Fun with family"
I took my grandkids and enjoyed the comfort of the room. My grandson had a great time in the pool. Overall, it was a fun getaway with my family.
1 night family trip Nov 22, 2015
Marina
"Ten Pillows. Need I say more?"
With good intentions to walk around "old Riverside" for the evening, I climbed into one of the two super-comfy beds and never got back out! But I hear the pedestrian mall adjacent to this hotel is worth a visit. I visited the week before all 4 million lights were lit for the holidays and it was still a beautiful spectacle out my balcony window. The interior of the hotel epitomizes "old world charm", and how best-of-both-worlds to have modern amenities in the room? Highly recommended!
1 night trip Nov 22, 2015
Teresa
"Everything nice except for the noise."
Too noisy. Can hear the neighbors footsteps. The walls need better insulation from noise.
1 night romance trip Nov 23, 2015
Rachel
Beautiful beautiful hotel! So much fun to explore, you could get lost! Lots of "ahhhh" moments around every corner. The immediate pedestrian area has some shops and restaurants, but only about 2 blocks then it's sort of dead on the weekends.
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2015
"Review working spirit rescue mission inn"
Working with equipment for spirit rescue...staff very pleasant to work with. Wish we. Old explore the old catacomb. Enjoyed stay
2 night business trip Nov 13, 2015
Doras
"Miss stay for special occasions"
best resturants
1 night romance trip Nov 19, 2015
Carl
"Nice place, but be warned"
Wife and i stayed on a Friday night following my cousin's wedding there. Place was awesome. However, we were given a room over the entrance/exit of the hotel. Needless to stay, we were up all night listening to continuous loud telling and screaming from men and women leaving the hotel, as well as partying staying above and around our hotel room. Loud music from multiple cars across the street and the train a few blocks away didn't help.
1 night family trip Nov 13, 2015
"Rip off"
Noisy and bright from all the Xmas decorating. Hard to sleep with someone on your balcony setting up a robotic Reindeer . Expensive for no real good reason
1 night business trip Nov 10, 2015
Jay
"Feel the history and eat well, enjoyable"
Room and services were great. Loved investigating lots of nooks n crannies and feeling the history of the hotel. A great place to stay and the pedestrian mall is right there with good food places too. Had "High Tea" good but oh the calories. Lots to do including talking with the two mcwas.
2 night romance trip Nov 11, 2015
Connie
"Don't stay here for business"
Not a good place to stay for a business trip in my opinion. I stayed for four nights. I was woken up on the first night at 6 a.m. by tree trimmers that I was not informed of. The second day they forgot to bring my breakfast. The third day the maid accidentally took my razor so I had to scramble not to miss my meeting. These things are not the end of the world, but can have a big effect when you are on a tight schedule. I don't feel like they really had it all together as an operation in terms of staff training and communication. Otherwise, it is a beautiful place and very courteous staff. Great place for a holiday.
4 night business trip Nov 8, 2015
"Pleasant stay"
From checking in to checking out everything was efficient and courteous. We had a very pleasant stay. We will be back.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2015
enjoyable!
2 night romance trip Nov 2, 2015
Rosa
"Destination by itself."
From the moment you drop-off the car up front to the moment they load your luggage, give you their own brand bottled water and say goodbye you are pampered during the entire stay. Friendly front desk; bellman takes you to the room and gets ice; rooms of many styles, all large; four restaurants to chose, each great in its own way, service at Duane's steakhouse is impeccable ; Kelly's spa is my wife's favorite; fun bars; this hotel is a fantasy castle so explore; enjoy warm, salt-water pool; list goes on and on. We come back often and bring friends. Do not miss the Festival of Lights!
2 night romance trip Oct 31, 2015
Adam
"Mom and Dad little getaway"
Loved this beautiful place! Very convenient to so many things. Will definitely be going back.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2015
"Old Hotel"
Very old hotel. The room was comfortable and clean. The lobby was very old and scary. Didn't realize this place was haunted by ghosts. I have never experienced something like this in my life and I never want to go back! Had such a bad vibe there the entire time and couldn't sleep constant nightmares woke up screaming and my partner woke up with a panic attack. After I got home, I did some research and found out the place was haunted. Never again! Random noises and dark scary vibe.
Other trip Nov 5, 2015
HauntedMess
"Beautiful place"
The hotel is very old, beautiful, and full of history. The rooms have modern amenities and are maintained well. The room service for dinner was delicious and breakfast the next morning on the Spanish patio was very relaxing. Don't miss Casey's Cupcakes.
1 night business trip Nov 1, 2015
Ruth Ann
"Getaway weekend."
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel is located downtown so everything was within walking distance. They had great customer service. We requested to be moved to a room without a skylight after the first night & they didn't hesitate accomodate us. They do have security which is a plus. The valet parking is $20 a night which I thought was reasonable. The only negative I saw was the size of the elevator. It was really small & old. I used the stairs a lot & we were on the third floor. It's really a beautiful hotel.
2 night family trip Oct 29, 2015
deyanira
"Stay most recently."
Beautiful hotel but it is dated. To far to walk to the convention center for the elderly. Management very unfriendly. Would not revisit even if it were free!!
Other trip Nov 1, 2015
judy
"Our honey moon"
it was a honey moon that we never had. this place is so beautiful it was outstanding. The staff made things just perfect wife and myself found so much to look at and explore. The food was out of this world. We went here for our sons wedding and our get away honeymoon.We can't begin to tell you as to how pleased we were with Mission Inn. We will go again and again even though we live over a thousand miles away the road trip will be worth it.
2 night romance trip Oct 20, 2015
Lynn K.
"Loved all the city activity."
When booking my room on Expedia, I never saw the option to select an appropriate room for our stay. I listed that there were 3 of us staying in the room (2 adults and 1 child) and my son is 15 yrs of age (too big to sleep in our bed). So upon entering our room at the Mission Inn, we only had a king size bed. I went to the front desk to ask for help with my situation, but because the hotel was full, they could not/would not make any changes to accomodate my situation. I could not even get a roll-a-way bed because our room was too small and it was a fire hazard, so my son had to sleep on the floor. Thus the reason for my room rating. How could I mark anything higher when the hotel would not show enough concern to keep my son from sleeping on the floor. Big Bummer! Book Carefully!
Other trip Oct 28, 2015
"Old & New, The Mission Inn Delivers"
The Mission Inn is a grand old hotel which maintains the best of its past, delivers a solid serving of the best of the present, and is in excellent condition. If you are staying in Riverside, it is hands down the place to stay.
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2015
"Historic ambiance."
Excellent stay. Hotel had so much to offer as far as dining options and overall interest in architecture and history. Enjoyed being able to walk short distance to unique shops.
2 night business trip Oct 19, 2015
Karin
"Beautiful Property, Staff Needs Training"
We arrived exhausted and had to wait while the only person at the check-in desk completed an interminable (and not seemingly urgent) phone call. He didn't even acknowledge our presence let alone apologize for ignoring guests trying to check in. After receiving our keys, we were vaguely waved toward the elevators with no instructions on finding our room in this large, sprawling property. When we DID finally find the room, we had to use our phones to see the door and figure out the keys - which did not work. My husband went back to get another set. They also did not work. At this point, someone realized the door battery was dead. (Did I say we were tired?) Security was called twice and finally (maybe 10 minutes later) arrived and let us into our room (which was lovely). Someone was supposed to come up and change the battery but after several minutes of waiting, we called and told them to leave us alone, put up the "do not disturb" sign and tried to enjoy our brief stay at this fascinating historical property - with truly amateurish staff that doesn't seem to have clue 1 about making guests feel welcomed and appreciated.
Other trip Oct 22, 2015
Pool and hot tub very. Nice.
1 night romance trip Oct 16, 2015
"Wonderful overnight birthday getaway"
Just in awe of this hotel. Will be coming back again
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2015
"this hotel is old - beware of the cockroaches!"
I recently stayed at this hotel for three nights while attending a conference at the nearby convention center. The overall decor of the hotel and it's historical significance was something I was looking forward to. However, I was disappointed by the quality of the rooms, service, and cleanliness. My room was not cleaned on the first day, despite my asking for it. My coffee maker was inoperable, I asked three times for it to be replaced. While sitting in the lobby after dinner with my friends and I saw an unusually large cockroach scuttling across the floor. I reported this to the front desk staff and they dispatched someone to scoop it up and get rid of it. Seemed like they were used to this kind of thing.
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
"A wonderful surprise"
Wish we could've stayed longer just to enjoy what the Inn has to offer!
1 night family trip Oct 12, 2015
Meredith
"A wonderful place to getaway.."
We had an anniversary for my wife and I and our stay was great.. I had surprise my wife with the getaway to the mission inn and talk to concierge services and setup up the room with Champagne and rose petals and chocolate for a surprise to her, but they did ever wrote down all the services that I had requested, therefore it ruined my surprise for my wife. In that event Vanessa with Consierge services did her best to make things right. I appreciate everything she had done for me and my wife. She went above and beyond. As well as crystal at the front desk, she did an awesome job at making us comfortable. I highly recommend this place..
2 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
Devin
We had a great time.
1 night business trip Oct 8, 2015
Lucia
"Noise"
There was way too much noise at night. In the hallways and on the ground floor lots of yelling all night. We hit up early and left. We did not even stay for breakfast . This is not a place that we will ever stay at again. I do not recommend anyone staying at, if you want a good night's sleep. Beautiful and charming hotel.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
"Nice Hotel - but noisy surrounding area"
We have relatives in the Riverside area and visit this hotel quite often for the holiday lights event and also for dining. It is absolutely a beautiful hotel. We had never actually stayed at the hotel because it was a bit on the expensive side for the Riverside area. We happened to get a decent deal, so decided to give it a try. Hotel was very nice and the staff was attentive and very customer service oriented and have not complaints there. The challenge was we checked in on a Friday night and about midnight the noise level of a club across the street (Mario's) started to increase. By 1:00 it was off the charts and when it was closing from 2:00 AM to 3:00 AM, the crowd of people in the club took the streets and it from 1:00 AM to 3:00 AM Mission Blvd become cruise heaven with Bass from the cars booming to the point that the windows in our room were literally vibrating. I called down to the front desk and they indicated that they were working with Riverside PD to resolve the situation. The next AM, went down to move rooms and they did accommodate that request to moving over to another side of the building as the person at the front desk said there was a chance it could happen again because it was Saturday night. We did move and it was slightly better with the noise, but it did in fact happen again with the noise from the club and cruising situation in the Riverside area. Hotel is likely fine Sunday through Thursday, but would avoid Friday / Saturday
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
"Mission Inn is a perfect description"
Two night stay for a wedding at a beautiful old chapel located inside the hotel. Plenty of night life in the hotel and surrounding area. The room was old but very clean. A little disappointed that the hotel charges for items such as parking and wifi.
2 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
Jesse
"Expected more"
The hotel is beautiful...beautifully old....walking in the room which had a very strange set up...but the musty old smell made us glad we did not bring our friend who has allergy problems. I would think the staff would spray freshener in the room when they know someone is going to be staying. 3 of us women stayed in the room and therefore we had to pay $20 extra on top of an already heafty bill. You would think they would have a sleeper sofa in such a large room. We had a king jr suite. The room had 2 extra little doors that added to the creepiness of the room. It looks like the room was put together out of 2 or three rooms. One side of the room had lower ceilings than the other. The bathroom only had one sink and you had to go through the bedroom to get to the bathroom.
Other trip Oct 5, 2015