All hotels in Athens, Greece

Clean
    Delicious food
    Uncomfortable
"Recent stay"
It was a pleasant experience, very close walk to parthenon
Other trip May 12, 2014
"ok hotel"
room was stuffy when we got in and thermostat did not work to change termperature. Fortunately there is balcony and keeping the door open made it tolerable. But my wife was afraid to leave the door open all night while sleeping, even though we were on the second floor, because she thought burgulars might come in in that case. So we slept poorly in a hot stuffy room. Front desk said there is nothing they can do about it because the fan is working and others have complained before.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
jim
"good location"
the hotel is conveniently located within walking distance to the acropolis metro and most sites in the plaka area. the continental breakfast was included, which was a definite plus. i would have liked to have spent less on the room, but it seemed to be the going rate for similar accommodation. visited the sister hotel to have a glass of wine at the rooftop garden at night overlooking the acropolis, which was nice. the staff was friendly and responded to my request to change to a non-smoking room...i had thought that i had made that request when i booked the room, but regardless they were able to make that switch when i realized the room was one in which smokers had previously stayed - i am pretty sensitive. wifi was 5 euro for my stay...it was iffy access in the room, but accessible in the common area.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"Wonderful Location to the Acropolis"
Hotel was everything the descriptions from previous visitors said it was .So convenient to the Metro, post office, and main attraction for me, the Acropolis. Breakfast buffet was outstanding........all the hotel employees were very friendly, spoke wonderful English, and helpful in every way. .I would recommend this hotel for anyway looking for value and comfort.
1 night trip Apr 6, 2014
Peggue
"Convenient location but that's all."
The location was conveniently located in the Koukaki area and that was wonderful for sight seeing and other travel. As good as the location was, if you have an automobile there is only street parking and in most cases it was extremely difficult to find parking. As for the hotel itself, it was clean but extremely small rooms (4 walls that fit the bed). The staff was less than friendly meaning the gentlemen were extremely rude and unwelcoming. I would not recommend this hotel to any tourist that is looking for a nice and pleasant stay. Spend the extra money and book a nicer hotel where they will appreciate your business.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
"Decent"
Don't like that you have to leave key no visitors needs improvement but very nice location
Other trip Mar 28, 2014
"Best location possible"
The hotel was in the best location possible, close to metro and at the foot of the Acropolis. Great restaurants within walking distance and the Acropolis Museum around the corner. The staff was excellent, very helpful friendly and always on duty. Room cleanliness was great.
Other trip Mar 25, 2014
Ken
"Very Convenient to All the Major Sights"
I was very satisfied with the hotel itself as well as its employees.
5 night trip Mar 12, 2014
Oleh R. Tustaniwsky
"Comfortable hotel - bad service"
Very comfortable hotel, room size more than adequate, basic amenities but everything that is needed when travelling on a budget. First day was excellent staff very helpful. On my last day I was more than disappointed with the staff. Firstly I went to the hotels restaurant on Sunday evening at about 9 o'clock in the evening hoping to get something to eat but they had failed to alert us that the restaurant would be closed. Most frustrating as that late at night, was already too late to go and find somewhere else. As for the day of check out it was just a nightmare. The girl at reception could not in anyway shape or form understand the fact I had a flight leaving in an hour and a half. My credit card wouldn't work when I went to check out, no fault of my own instead a fault of the hotels. When I said that is not a problem I will go to an ATM to get out cash to pay it took the girl nearly 40 minutes just to call a taxi eventually ending in me having to yell at her to get a taxi after her mucking around calling her colleague to see if she could fix it! Eventually I just ran to the taxi and had to race around to find a cash point. A complete ruin to my stay, after which when I arrived back to pay the girl took so long to complete the invoice that I eventually just stormed out. Although it wasn't the girls fault that my card did not work, she took no steps to make sure my life was made any easier and instead made all the wrong decisions resulting in my being late for a flight.
Other trip Feb 9, 2014
Tas
"Friendly and helpful in Athens"
this hotel is great. i arrived sick, the staff was very attentive and was able to help me get what i needed to recover. the breakfast was very good, the lady who works the breakfast is a sweetheart. I would definitely would stay there again. Thanks for the great service.
3 night trip Jan 2, 2014
Nick Pasculli
"Splendid!!!"
Wonderful staff and in the heart of Athens.
1 night business trip Nov 11, 2013
"Lovely hotel next to Akropolis"
Stayed here for 1 week. Had a pleasant stay. Very close to Akropolis and many restaurants. It is located on a quiet side street. They have excellent breakfast spread but no restaurant on site. The staff are very polite and very friendly. Didn't have any negative experiences at all.
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
viji
"Great location and excellent service."
Excellent. The only small challenge is that the elevator was not always exactly in line with the floor landing, sometime off by an inch or two. But the hotel was fine and clean and comfortable and pleasant.
6 night trip Nov 5, 2013
The hotel was really good. I can easily recommend it to everyone. Clean and comfortable hotel, kind staff. It is in the centre, easy to walk everywhere and take the metro and city tours.
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
"Small hotel with good location"
Hotel accomodations were pretty basic. Room was small but clean. It could use some updating (the tv was quite old and the remote didn't work properly - it took a while for the staff to figure out how to make the tv turn on - granted I didn't watch the tv much, but wanted to be able to at least turn it on and check the weather forecast). The location is very good. Close to the Acropolis sites and the Plaka area. But also a good place to check out an Athens neighborhood - within walking distance of a supermarket, many good bakeries and pastry shops, local places to eat, and a book shop where you can get copies made or buy bubble wrap to wrap that bottle of wine, ouzo, or olive oil you'll be packing in your suitcase.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
A.C.
"upgraded to sister hotel, the Herodion"
For unknown reasons the Phillipos Hotel sent us on arrival a block away to its sister hotel, the Herodion, which was much nicer. The Herodion provided same-day laundry service, made a restaurant reservation and a day trip booking with great skill and cheerfulness Ask for a room with Parthenon view
3 night romance trip Oct 16, 2013
"Great hotel, even better staff"
Hotel experience was great throughout. The staff was incredibly helpful upon arrival (Gina specifically), and helped point out what sights we'd want to focus on, how to get to them, the best times to go; everything that you'd need to know. I was very happy with every aspect of the experience. This is not a luxury hotel, so don't expect an enormous room with luxurious bedding, but everything was in great shape, was comfortable, and exceeded the price point.
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
"First time in Athens"
From the time we checked into the hotel I knew we had made a wonderful choice. The reception desk was very helpful and nice and genuinely happy to see us there. They were very accommodating to any requests that we had. Our room was very clean, and suited our needs for the stay. I love the location, which is literally 2 blocks from the Acropolis. I'm very happy with this hotel and would definitely go back whenever I visit Athens again.
2 night trip with friends Sep 24, 2013
Robin
"Great location for Acropolis and museum"
The location makes this the perfect place to stay while visiting the Archeological Museum and the Acropolis. Breakfast menu is varied and offered in a pleasant dining room. Taxi cabs are called and arrived within 2-3 minutes. The hotel ownership has a second hotel one block away (the Herodian) with a roof deck and Parthenon viewing area that is open to Philippos Hotel guests. We had dinner twice at that location. We would return to this venue.
3 night family trip Sep 7, 2013
Gary Z
"Amazing location, simple hotel"
- Great location- close to the metro, the Acropolis and its museum, and many more. - Small bathrooms- though the bathrooms could have easily been smaller, it was very noticeable that their size was rather small. - The staff were very helpful, though some of them were sometimes a bit cold. - We were given a late check out, which was very kind and helpful. Overall experience- 7/10.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
Sue
"Great hotel close to the Acropolis and the museum"
The hotel was wonderful. The room was very clean, the bathroom very clean, although small. Great area near the Acropolis and the neighborhood was wonderful with lots of resturants, shops, etc. Was really glad we booked this particular hotel. We never needed a car for sightseeing. The metro stop was so close and we were able to get from the airport to Syntagma Square, change trains, and one more stop we were at our location. The breakfast was nice, good variety. Would definitely book this again if we find ourselves going back to Athens.
Other trip Aug 31, 2013
Ron and Pat
"great base in Athens"
great location 2 blocks from Acropolis and Plaka.
2 night trip Aug 26, 2013
"Wonderful hotel"
Stayed here for the 2nd time. Very night hotel, great value. Friendly staff, decent breakfast. Only downside was the A/C in our room wasn't great. Even at full blast it couldn't keep us cool. Probably just an issue with our specific room. We mentioned it to the hotel staff and they gave us a 2nd "key card" to leave in the slot all day so that the A/C wouldn't turn off when we left. That helped a little bit. They said we could change rooms, but it was too much trouble, so we just dealt with it. Not a huge deal. Overall, great stay. Would stay here again.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
"Great location but not great value"
They have a set of rooms that are really bad - tiny with poor air-conditioning - yet they are at the same price as the bigger and better rooms. Make sure you do not get a room on the first or seventh floors. And in general, air-conditioning appeared to be a problem. But then the location is great, being close to the Acropolis and Plaka.
2 night trip with friends Aug 11, 2013
"Good location for tourists"
Quiet street behind the Acropolis museum. I stayed 3 nights and got a good price. Ask for a balcony. I like to walk and felt it was an easy walk to most of the tourists sights. The hotel is modern and clean. Much safer area than many places in Athens. Several families stayed there.
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
"Excellent Location and Great Breakfast!"
This hotel is a little gem just south of the Acropolis. It is very clean and the staff are helpful and friendly. The breakfast is filling (Greek yogurt is so delicious!) and the hotel is close to restaurants and the metro station. It is located in a residential area so the neighborhood is also very quiet and located about two blocks away from a supermarket and convenience store. My only complaint about the hotel is that the bathroom in our room was quite cramped. (The door opened inward onto the toilet so you have to shimmy around a half-opened door to get inside.) It was very clean, however, and the rest of the room was very comfortable. I especially liked that a safe was available to us in our room and we even had a little refrigerator to store our late-night snacks and cold drinks.
4 night trip Jul 19, 2013
Raquel O. P.
"Hotel very sparse- breakfasts austere"
The best of this hotel was the staff- they were so helpful and obliging. The hotel is old, the rooms tiny, A/C not adequate, breakfast very austere and limited, location good. The amenities not good, they give you 30 minutes free internet and they service is slower than a snail. This is good for young backpackers on a limited budget who do not expect very much. We would not stay there again.
3 night trip Jul 29, 2013
Zuluqueen
"exceptional value"
Would definitely stay there again...all you need to make a short trip worth it's success...coffee there was best in greece!
3 night trip Jul 29, 2013
dorothy
"Location can't be beat"
Almost impossible to be closer to Acropolis, the Acropolis Museum, and Plaka. Perfect area to stay in Athens with the metro right around the corner and many restaurants and shopping all within a few blocks. The rooms are small, but that is typical in Athens. Hotel is clean and modern. Breakfast was fantastic. Many things homemade including the yogurt. I have been to Athens many times and would return to this hotel without hesitation.
3 night trip Jul 19, 2013
Friendly staff. Clean room. Nice and free breakfast. Most convenient location.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2013
Steffi
"Close to the Accropolis"
Great location and very helpful staff. Close to the Accropolis and the few other sites worth seeing in Athens. A lot of restaurants were nearby. The staff is very good. One of the two ACs in our suite did not work well, but opening the windows at night made the room comfortable.
3 night trip Jun 29, 2013
"Weekend in Athens"
We stayed for two nights and found the price we paid ($107/night) to be adequate. The complimentary breakfast was good. The best feature by far is the location. The staff could be a bit nicer and the internet signal stronger.
2 night romance trip Jun 21, 2013
Mario
"Great, quiet location in busy Athens"
Very comfortable, very helpful staff, clean.
3 night trip Jun 17, 2013
"Close to the Plaka and Acropolis!"
This is a very nice, clean hotel and convenient to all the fun of the Plaka and the great tavernas surrounding the Acropolis. Beds here were very comfortable - as many in Europe can be rock hard!! Our room even had a nice balcony with two chairs on it. Good shower and plenty of room for all including a refrigerator in the room.
1 night family trip May 30, 2013
"Spectacular View"
We arrived at our hotel from a 12 day cruise at approximately 9 A.M. We knew that the check in time wasn't until 2 P.M. and were just expecting to be able to drop our luggage and return later in the afternoon. Much to our suprise our room was actually available and the front desk man was so very nice and he allowed up to drop our bags in our room early! When we went up to the room, we had a full length balconly of our room and the most spectacular view of the Parthenon! We enjoyed staying here very much and feel like we couldn't have picked a better spot for our needs. Shopping, Eating, and the Acropolis were all within walking distance
Other trip May 29, 2013
Great location. Great service.
5 night trip May 19, 2013
"Good hotel for relatively small price"
This is a good hotel in vicinity of Acropolis. Just 5 minutes walk from metro station, New Acropolis museum, 10 minutes from Acropolis entrance.
1 night family trip Apr 21, 2013
"Great value for money"
Excellent Location about 3 blocks away from the Acropolis, very helpful staff. Room is small but clean, great value for money
Other trip Apr 29, 2013
K&W
"Great to stay at with kids!"
The staff at Philippos Hotel were amazing! They were so accommodating and never said no to a request. We rented a car for two days and because parking is near impossible to find around the hotel, the staff moved their "no parking" signs and allowed us to park right in front of the hotel! Breakfast was great every morning and they were always so happy and pleasant to be around. My children received a lot of attention and hugs! The staff even brought us clean linens and towels at 2 o'clock in the morning within minutes of our phone call when one of our kids got sick in the middle of the night. And when I apologetically explained the situation to the maid the next morning, she quickly made me feel at ease and told me not to worry about it. We are Americans who currently live in Europe and this was the absolute best customer service we have received in the last two years! We just loved our stay here and HIGHLY recommend it to others, especially those with children!
4 night family trip Apr 3, 2013

Everything was great, the hotel was clean and comfortable,location is good.Moreover, we had early arrival and the hotel treat us with breakfast. Thank you for warm hospitality!
6 night romance trip Oct 22, 2015
Tovmasyan
The hotel was in walking distance of most of the cultural sites. The staff where very friendly and went out of there way to help.
4 night trip with friends Oct 21, 2015
""Tip Top""
Our stay was absolutely "Tip Top". Good location, very clean, staff: made you feel so welcome. Only one complaint: no hot breakfast served; only continental.
1 night romance trip Sep 30, 2015
Gale
"Location, location, location !!"
Perfect location in walking distance to most historical sites . We had the family room which had a balcony overlooking the Acropolis. Room decor was dated but it was spotless.
Other trip Sep 23, 2015
Barb
"Nice hotel close to Acropolis"
We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, very helpful staff, tidy clean rooms and a good breakfast.A refrigerator in the room.We had a problem with our bed the first night, the bed sagged in the middle. But it was no problem to change rooms and the next room was great. Located close to restaurants and metro everything in walking distance.
Other trip Sep 23, 2015
"Excellent location"
Rooms clean, tidy but on the small side. Great location to transport links, Acropolis, the new Acropolis Museum, shopping and restaurants. Staff very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Sep 5, 2015
Vasso
"Great Hotel and Staff"
Great Hotel located perfectly close to sites and metro while still being away enough to be quiet and relaxing. The staff we very nice and always helpful. Thank you so much for a great stay.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
Kosma
"Excellent Stay - hotel, service and area"
I enjoyed my stay at the Philippos Hotel. I have travelled to Athens many times and have stayed in the Plaka-Syntagma area which unfortunately for me has become tired, noisy and not so welcoming. I now stay in areas like Acropolis or Thisseion. Nice to be in an area surrounded by antique shops and beautiful old homes. The hotel is very clean throughout, the room was good with crisp clean sheets. A smallish room, but this didn't matter as this was reflected in the lower price paid. I decided to stay an extra night in Athens, and chose to try out the more expensive sister hotel, the Herodian, located close by. The staff delivered my luggage to the Herodian - very kind indeed!
2 night trip with friends Aug 6, 2015
Maria
Good service. Good neighborhood and location. Beds uncomfortable. Good value for cost.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2015
"Recent stay"
perfect location, reasonable price
2 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
"Location location"
The staff were excellent. The breakfast was good. The location was perfect. Only issue is the rooms were very small and the bathroom was minuscule. But the staff were most helpful. Pleased there was a lift.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015