All hotels in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
10010 104th StreetEdmontonABT5J 0Z1Canada, ‏‎855-239-9222

• Value for money
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
Brutal. Front desk especially, worst service I've experienced in a long time. Will not be going back.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Dear guest, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service. We thank you for staying with us once again and for your valuable input.
Other trip Jun 12, 2015
Friendly staff. Smooth check-in and check-out... Very responsive to all my requests... Highly recommended despite poor WIFI
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
We appreciate you taking time to write us a review and we are pleased to except this four star review for our hotel Holiday Inn Express Downtown Edmonton. Glad to hear everything went smoothly for you and proud you found our staff friendly as well as responsive to your requests, this is how we like to run things here. The WIFI has been improved and we are looking at installing a higher quality, faster internet with more bandwidth by the end of the year.
Other trip Jun 5, 2015
"Nice hotel, close to the Starlite Room"
Hotel was super clean, great service and close to the Starlite Room where we went to a concert. Breakfast had a great variety and was delicious.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Stina
"Only hotel I've ever stayed in without a/c"
Website shows room has individually controlled a/c and heat. However there is a sign in room stating a/c not available until summer season. May long and week following stay was hot and stuffy. Staff said they would talk to maintenance to switch boilers over to a/c so that the rest of my non refundable 4 night stay would be better. But no....lip service. Just went to dr for antibiotics from hotel stay.... Dead recirculated stuffy air all day and night. Worst sleep I have had in a hotel! May can be extremely hot and our room face full on sun morning till evening with a huge window. Heat poured in all day!! Highly recommend visitors inquire as to whether or not a/c in room has been switched on before booking
Other trip May 21, 2015
sleepless/sick
"Great downtown hotel"
Amazing stay! Came up for a girls weekend and the 3 of us loved our room! Downtown location and price were fantastic, and the beds/pillows were so comfortable. We took full advantage of the pool and excellent complimentary breakfast in the morning (one of the best I've ever had). You can really tell they have put a lot of work into the hotel recently and it shows. Would recommend for sure and will be stay here every time I come to Edmonton.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Dear Katherine Thank you for this amazing five star rating for our hotel Holiday Inn Downtown Edmonton. So pleased to know that all our improvements are showing and being appreciated. I'm glad you took full advantage of the express continental breakfast as well as utilizing our pool area and found our new beds comfortable. We look forward to accommodating you all again next time and appreciate you saying you would recommend us to others.
2 night trip with friends May 16, 2015
Katherine
"my favorate hotel chain"
nice stay
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Dear Shaowu We graciously except this great five star rating for our hotel Holiday Inn Express Downtown Edmonton and taking the time to submit a review. So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again on your next stay with us.
1 night family trip May 17, 2015
shaowu
"1 night in Edmonton"
I originally booked this room for the wrong date and staff at this Holiday Inn were more than happy to correct my mistake and understanding of the circumstances as it was my daughters grad the following morning, thxs Holiday Inn down row Edm
Other trip May 19, 2015
dvdrom
"Parking issue"
There wasn't enough parking in the lot for the hotel. when i went to tell the staff that there was no spots left. They informed me that they have an overflow lot. They asked for my room number and said "oh that's why your complaining about parking your from Saskatchewan". Which i found was extremely rude!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel and I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for such a rude comment made from my staff member this is not our hotels normal standard. I hope that you will come stay with us again to give us a chance to redeem ourselves and show you that we really pride ourselves on our customer service and strive to make sure all our guests are happy and comfortable.
2 night business trip May 1, 2015
"Close to downtown"
Excellent 2 night experience. Bed were comfortable. Continental breakfast was good.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Good location in downtown Edmonton. Nice pool, hottub, etc. Good value.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Girls getaway!"
stayed with 3 friends. beds were very comfortable, the lobby & elevator was under construction at the time, but it wasn't a problem for us. We enjoyed the hotel very much. Location is close to restaurants, clubs & soon the new arena.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Dear Girls getaway!, We appreciate this four star review for our hotel Holiday Inn Express Downtown Edmonton. Delighted you and your friends enjoyed your getaway, slept well in our new beds and found everything you needed in a close vicinity to the hotel. Apologize for the small amount of renovations we still have going on, but pleased this did not impact your stay with us. Look forward to see you all again when you return to Edmonton.
1 night trip with friends Mar 26, 2015
"Sister's weekend"
Excellent visit for a 'Sister's Weekend'
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Dear Catherine, Thank you for taking the time to give us this amazing five start review for our hotel Holiday Inn Express Downtown Edmonton. Pleased you and your sisters enjoyed your weekend with us and look forward to accommodating you again when you return to Edmonton.
3 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
Catherine
"Great hotel!"
We had a wonderful overnight stay at this hotel. Can't complain about anything! Rooms were clean and beds were wonderful. Service was great, staff was all smiles and Tony was so helpful! Breakfast was nice.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
Kris
"Holiday Inn Express being tastefully Updated"
My colleague and I checked in at 12:15 AM after several flights and we were both exhausted. The front office staff greeted us warmly and handed us their standard bag with trail mix and a bottle of water. When I asked tongue in cheek, if we were too late for breakfast, magically milk and a banana appeared - great service!
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Clifford
"Standard Holiday Inn Express"
Holiday Inn Express room was spacious and very clean. Interior lobby renovations under way in March 2015. Amenities in the room include a mini fridge, microwave and coffee/tea supplies and iron/ironing board. There is also a desk and a chair. Closet space Is limited, but there is a dresser with drawers. The hotel is downtown, so it’s convenient for any downtown activities, with lots of restaurant choices within walking distance. The wireless worked well. Bathroom is large, tub is not a soaker tub, but it’s a decent size. Great toiletries, including separate shampoo and conditioner, and shower gel, in addition to bars of soap. There is a hair dryer and a lighted makeup mirror. The bed is very comfy, and they give you firm/soft pillow choices. The firm pillow was actually quite comfortable. Breakfast was included and there were both hot and cold options. The usual, cereal, breads and fruit, along with scrambled eggs, bacon, turkey sausage and sausage. You can also make your own pancakes and waffles. Check in was efficient and friendly. Parking will cost you $12/per day. We did, however, have issues with noise. The walls are paper- thin!!!! The front desk attendant was very helpful and cheerfully moved us to another room, kudos, for that.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Dear Doris, Thank you for staying at our hotel and for giving us a 3 star review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our renovated spacious rooms as well as breakfast. Front desk is happy to see that their service is worth noting on your review. However we are very saddened to hear you had issues with noise from the guests next to you. We understand that noise is very important to have a good rest at any giving hotel! Front desk staff will be able to assist with any noise related issues you may encounter in your future stay. Hope to see you again in the near future . Thank you.
1 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2015
Doris
"Centrally located hotel."
The staff excellent. Customer service is part of their culture. Rooms comfortable. Would stay again.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
Judy
"Very convenient location downtown, near LRT."
Third time we have stayed here. Very much appreciate the breakfast that is included in the price. Close to downtown, LRT, and our daughter's apartment. We have always enjoyed staying here.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"Good stay"
Very good hotel, efficient friendly staff. Excellent breakfast and free wifi.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Dear Bradley, Thank you very much for staying at the Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown. We are pleased to see a 5 STAR review from your recent stay . We are proud that we met your expectations while we are almost complete with face-lifting our property. Our staff and management team are delighted that you took advantage of our excellent breakfast as well as free wifi. We also thank you for recognizing our valuable and efficient team members . Thank you.
3 night family trip Jan 22, 2015
Bradley
"Comfortable and updated"
Great location, great room, recently updated, friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast was complimentary and had healthy options, plus it was delicious. Will definitely be staying here again.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Chantelle
"Great as usual"
Just a night away - 2 full days. Good service, breakfast, room. All was good, as usual which is why we are repeat customers to this hotel.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Dear Catherine, So glad you enjoyed your time with us short but sweet, we appreciate you taking time to give us this four star review for our hotel Holiday Inn Express Downtown Edmonton. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay and providing our usual outstanding service.
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
Catherine
"Business Trip in Edmonton"
I had a one night stay for business. The hotel is currently under renovations and the pool and hot tub are not accessible - they will provide complimentary access to the YMCA. All of the staff I had contact with were very helpful and friendly. My room was beautifully renovated, spacious and the bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. The sudden change in temperature in Edmonton meant that the thermostat was set at too high a temperature, however, so the room was extremely warm. Front desk will provide fans should you have this problem. The complimentary breakfast is wonderful.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Dear Lauren: thank you for your review and for providing us with your valuable feedback. We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations while you were with us. We are glad to hear that you met some of our award winning staff members and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast. If you're ever in the Edmonton area again for business, we wish to invite you to return after the completion of our renovations (end of February). Until then, thank you once again for your valuable feedback and for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Downtown for your stay.
1 night business trip Jan 18, 2015
Lauren
"Very close to the hosputal"
Very pleased with service and close to all ammenties to our needs
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Thank you for your kind words. Hope to see you when all the renovations are complete.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Regular Hotel in Edmonton"
I almost always stay here when in Edmonton. The staff are great and the rooms are clean with the most comfortable beds. The front desk staff were awesome and actually tried to upgrade me without me knowing but a jacuzzi room wasn't avaliable. I generally take advantage of the breakfast and did the same this stay. However, I was disappointed with service during breakfast. Many things were low or gone ( hot water, knives, pancakes batter, bacon, sausages) and we had to ask several times to have them replenished. Guests who arrived after us also had to ask. This is not usual so I hope it will not be repeated.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Sorry to hear about your experience in our breakfast bar. All is up and going now, unfortunately due to finishing touches on our electrical and stone tops we were a little overwhelmed. All is one hundred percent up to par now. Hope to see you when all the renovations are complete.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Refreshingly friendly and polite staff"
Great staff. Everyone we encountered was notably friendly and polite. Undergoing renovations in breakfast area, but still clean
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel Holiday Inn Express Downtown Edmonton. So delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the staff welcoming and helpful. Our breakfast bar is now complete and we will be excited to show you on your next stay with us.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
"Great staff"
Staff went the extra mile to make my stay enjoyable.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Dear Jesse: thank you for your comments and for giving us a lovely 5 star review. We are glad that our award winning staff were able to make your stay very enjoyable and that all our services met your standards. If you ever return to Edmonton, we wish to invite you to return so that we may once again provide our hospitable service to you. Until then, thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Downtown Edmonton for your stay, and thank you again for your valuable comment.
2 night business trip Jan 5, 2015
Jesse
"Central hotel. Clean and comfortable. Good breakft"
Enjoyed our stay. Only thing that lowered the tone of the hotel was PLASTIC drinking glasses. Surely glasses can be washed and then no plastic to recycle. Having to pay for parking was a shock.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Dear Jane Thank you for taking the time to write this helpful review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry you did not approve of the drinking glasses. We do have glass ones and would be happy to offer you that on your next stay with us. Regards, Clare Janitz Director of Operations
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
jane
"Nice hotel close to bus station"
Always pick this hotel because it's downtown and close to the bus station. The breakfast is good and the staff is always friendly. I go to Edmonton once a month and will always comeback to this hotel.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Dear Verified Traveller: thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel and for providing us with a 4 star review. We are glad that our services were to your satisfaction. and that our location worked well with your itinerary. The next time you are in Edmonton, we wish to invite you to return so that you may have the opportunity to provide our hospitality services to you once again. Until then, thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Downtown Edmonton for your stay and for your kind feedback.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Never again"
When I selected the hotel, I clearly read cots were available. When we got there, the front desk staff said cots weren't permitted. I told her that had I known that, I would've booked elsewhere. Her colleague stepped in to say we could get a cot but it would be tight. Then told me it would cost $20 when it was written $15 in the itinerary. Sham!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Dear Nicole, Thank you for taking the time to write this very helpful review. We appreciate the feedback as it helps us improve our service and guest experience. I am sorry there was some obvious miscommunication on our part as there are some fire marshal guidelines for the cots. This should be more clear on our booking site, as should the correct cot charges. I hope you will come stay with us again as this will not happen in the future. Best Regards, Clare Janitz Director of Operations
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
nicole
Okay experience staff was friendly. Hotel was under construction. Room was a little outdated but still very comfy bed. And nice size room.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Dear Savannah, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your kind feedback. We are glad that our location was well within your itinerary, as this is just one of the many reasons why so many love our hotel. Thank you for acknowledging our friendly staff and comfy bed. You will be glad to hear that all our rooms are currently going through renovations, and are expected to be fully improved by late Feb, with the biggest change over in our jacuzzi suites. At that time, we would like to invite you to return so that you may experience our updates. Until then, thank you once again for your review and we hope to see you soon.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
savannah
"Nice location downtown"
Clean hotel and friendly staff. Hotel was under construction during my stay in early December 2014. My room was in great condition.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Dear Verified Traveller. thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for gifting us with 4 stars. We are glad that you had an opportunity to meet our award winning staff and were able to experience some of our early improvements for the hotel, specifically your room. Thank you for acknowledging the cleanliness of your room as we very much appreciate the hard work of our house staff. The next time you're in Edmonton, we invite you to return for another stay where you may experience all of our full improvements (late Feb). Until then, thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Downtown Edmonton for your stay.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
"Terrible Services"
Not one staff member cared about anything you had to say...I paid for parking and was assured no tickets but lo and behold a $70 ticket which they did finally remedy but only after half an hour of trying to make it my fault. Anything question you asked staff would dodge your question or give one so vague so as to completely avoid any accountability. No one cared about anything. Never going back
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Dear Samuel Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I appreciate your honest feedback and will use to this improve our guest experience. We constantly look to improve our service and I hope you will try us again on your next visit to Edmonton. We always reimburse parking tickets. Best Regards, Clare Janitz Director of Operations
2 night trip Dec 5, 2014
samuel
"Had a nice balcony."
Good breakfast for the morning. Charged for parking which I wasnt happy about but the next day when I got the bill they gave me a deal! Awsome In renovation just about done the rooms were really nice
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"Subpar service."
We were put in a broom closet sized room while our friends were put in a lovely room with a balcony for the same price? We left a cash deposit, and when we checked out they went to check the rooms condition which was fine but the front desk staff forgot about us and we sat for 45 minutes waiting for them, I finally went and interrupted their chat session got our deposit back and left angry! Cannot say we will stay here again or even recommend it to anyone.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Dear Anne-Marie Thank you for taking the time to write this review. This information is very valuable in ensuring our guests are very happy. I am terribly sorry you had such a negative experience. We have a variety of rooms and I am sorry you did not get the room type you had hoped for. Please feel free to call the front desk in the future if you would like a different room, as we are happy to do our best to oblige. I am also very sorry and embarrassed that you had to wait for your deposit. This is not the normal occurrence at our hotel, so I sincerely hope you will give us another chance as I am sure you will be happy. Best Regards, Clare Janitz Director of Operations
3 night family trip Aug 22, 2014
Anne-Marie
"Holiday Inn Express downtown Edmonton"
The hotel is going through some major renovations so there is still quite a bit of debris in the lobby. But the rooms have all been recently renovated with new furnishings and beds so they were very clean. The hotel staff was friendly, efficient and helpful. The beds were really comfortable. I would stay there again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Dear Lynne, thank you for gifting us with a wonderful 4 star review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your room was to your liking. Thank you for acknowledging our award winning staff, as they are just one of the many reasons that make our hotel special. You will happy to hear that our renovations are going well and the guest rooms are almost complete. If you are ever in Edmonton in the future and are in need of a place to stay, we welcome you to stay with us again. Until then, thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express Downtown Edmonton.
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
Lynne
"Great place to stay!!!"
my girlfriend and I stayed there while we went to a concert. Hotel was clean, rooms were nice, clean and quiet. The beds are comfortable. Staff was friendly. Would definitely recommend it to others.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Dear Corey, thank you for your kind words and for gifting us with a wonderful 4 star review. Thank you for acknowledging our clean rooms and our award winning staff, as well as the intent to recommend our hotel to others. We are truly glad that your enjoyed your stay. If you're ever back in Edmonton for another romantic occasion, we welcome you to stay with us again. Until then, thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Downtown Edmonton for your stay.
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
Corey
"good location."
comfortable and nice experience. breakfast is good. room is very nice.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to you returning when our new breakfast room is done.
"convenient to downtown activities"
We found the room spacious and adequate. Elevators were a little difficult to operate with the cards. Sofa couch was in dis-repair and uncomfortable. Make up mirrors great addition. Fridge missing from room. Room Doors closing were very loud from neighbors rooms.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for proving us your valuable feedback. We sincerely apologize for not having a fridge in your room, but in the future all our rooms will be equipped with a fridge and a microwave. We do have alternative lots in the case our main lot does get filled. Our renovations are scheduled to be completed in late Dec, early Jan and we wish to invite you back to stay with us, after our renovations, so that you may experience our improved hotel. Thanks again for choosing our hotel for your stay.
Ed
"Decent Hotel, Terrible Service"
Room wise it's what you'd expect from an express Holiday Inn - comfortable beds and pillows, simple and clean room, great location close to the downtown core. Split between 4 people, the cost of the room was average compared to the surrounding area. We had an issue with the customer service of the hotel staff. We drove from Vancouver to Edmonton overnight and arrived around 8am: we knew we were too early for check-in but politely asked the desk staff if there was any way we could get into a room earlier, as we were exhausted. Bluntly and without offering us anything, we were told to come back at 3pm. We managed to fill our time until 2pm, and tried our luck a second time - this time there was a second staff who tried to help us, and was rudely cut off by the initial woman who told us there was not a single room available for an even slightly earlier check in. We weren't given any explanations, any consolation at all (even an offered cup of coffee would have been nice) and were checked in at 3pm on the dot. For this reason I would not stay at this hotel again, and would not recommend it to family or friends.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Dear Sebastien: thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for providing your valuable feedback. We apologize that we were not able to provide an early check-in for you during your stay with us. Our check-out time is 12 noon, and depending on the activity from the night before, we may not have been able to accomodate you if we were sold out. In the future however, I recommend requesting an early check-in ahead of time so that we may be better prepared for your arrival; however, please note that early check-ins will be honored on a best effort basis as avilablity will depend on the activity from the night before. Your feedback was forwaded to the respective department and re-training is in consideration for the staff whom you dealt with. If you're ever in the Edmonton area again, we invite you to return to our hotel, especially after our renovations are complete (late Nov/ early Dec), so you may experience our improved facility. Until then, thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay.
2 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2014
Sebastien
"nice hotel & friendly staff"
The staff were friendly there. When the receptionist knew that I needed to get prepared for my exams, she arranged the room without neighbours. That was so thoughtful!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Dear Traveller: thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding our hotel and for gifting us with a 4 star review. Thank you for acknowledging our award winning Front Desk Staff as they certainly do try their best to anticipate/meet every guest's requests so that each may have a satisfactory stay. When you have a moment, please contact Michelle, Front Office Supervisor, to advise which Front Desk Agent checked-you in. By doing so, we wish to personally thank and acknowledge the good work to the agent whom checked you in. If you are ever back in Edmonton, we wish to invite you back for another great stay. Until then, thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Downtown Edmonton.
"it was ok"
Nicer rooms for same price available elsewhere. Under construction which isn't a big deal but rooms were old except minor updating.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Under construction and gross"
I wouldn't stay here if the room was free and renovations were done, it's an awful facility with a parking lot suited only for motorcycles and smart cars
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Dear Tyler, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am really very sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We are done our renovations and are very proud of our new fresh look. So I am sorry if you did not experience that during your stay. If you have a large truck we have an overflow lot steps from the hotel that is much roomier. I hope you will consider us again on your next trip to Edmonton. Best Regards, Clare Janitz Director of Operations
tyler
"Under renovation - no pool or hot tub access"
Could hvave mentioned that there was no pool or hot tub access before booking - hotel expensive and had to pay or parking on top of that
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Dear Traveller; Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for proving us your valuable feedback. We sincerely apologize for the Pool not working during your time with us. The status of our pool was an unexpected maintenance issue, and has been addressed and is up and running. Our renovations are scheduled to be completed in late Nov, early Dec and we wish to invite you back to stay with us, after our renovations, so that you may experience our improved hotel. Thanks again for choosing our hotel for your stay.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Good hotel close to shaw"
Good room but only one elevator worked so we ended up taking the stairs from the 4th floor
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Dear Raver, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for proving us your valuable feedback. We sincerely apologize for the elevator not working in perfect order during your time with us. The status of our elevators are logged everytime there is a maitennace issue, and these statuses are forwarded off to the necessary departments for review. We however wish to thank you for acknowleding the state of our rooms. We are glad to hear that our room met your expectations. Our renovations are scheduled to be completed in late Nov, early Dec and we wish to invite you back to stay with us, after our renovations, so that you may experience our improved hotel. Thanks again for choosing our hotel for your stay.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
raver
Free wi-fi is NOT good. Breakfast was, however. Room was very nice BUT renovations make it NOT nice outside... so did noisy neighbors.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Dear Traveller: thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback during your stay with us. We apologize that our WIFI was not up to your standards while staying with us . Consideration for updated WIFI technology is in place (fiber optics) and is expected to be up and running sometime in the new year. We hope this will provide better WIFI service to all our guests. Thank you for acknowledging our rooms and our breakfast, as our breakfast is one our highlights. If you are ever in the Edmonton area again, we invite you to return to our hotel after the renovations are complete (late Nov/early Dec), so that you may experience our updated and fresh look.
1 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"Decent hotel"
Undergoimg renovations so my room was brand new burnt would have been nice to know about the $11 per night parking charge before I booked it
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Dear Traveler: thank you reviewing our hotel during your stay with us. We are glad that you had a taste of some of our improvements thus far and hope that enjoyed the renovated furniture in your guest room. We apologize that you were unaware of the parking fee at the time of your booking; however, if you had reviewed the section "About the Hotel" or a section of similar intent, on the reservation website, you would have noticed the $11 parking fee and other amenities at our location. In spite of, we wish to thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay and if you are ever in the Edmonton area again, we wish to invite you to return after our renovations are complete (late Nov/early Dec), so that you may experience our new and improved hotel.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Great location, hotel was under some renovations but didn't interrupt out stay. Close to LRT stations, shops, restaurant, busses, parking was cheap. I would definitely stay there again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Dear Mary, thank for gifting us with a lovely 5 star review and for your kind words regarding your stay with us. Thank you for acknowledging our renovations and for listing out valuable points about the Holiday Inn Express Downtown Edmonton. We are glad that our location was to your complete satisfaction, and that we had fit in well with your plans. It sounds like we can expect to see you again, if you're ever in the Edmonton area again. Thanks again for your kind feedback and for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Downtown Edmonton. Until next time...
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Under Renovation"
The lobby and main floor of this hotel were under renovation when we stayed there so we could not see the finished product, although from what we saw, it will modernize the look a lot. I didn't see any sign that the rooms or hallways were being re-done. They are okay but average. Overall the room was very clean and it had new carpet. The mattress on our king bed was very good. The gym, which I like to use, was okay but the elliptical stepper and bike were not very good quality. I don't know about the treadmills as I didn't use them. Free weights (dumbells) are good. Breakfast is included. It was reasonable and the staff were very nice. Check in and out is very quick. AC made some sound, but not enough to trouble me, and the temperature control was very good ... better than many hotels. Parking is in an impark lot next door at $11.00 for the day, paid through the hotel. Overall, considering the reasonable price, the hotel is a good place to stay if you are mostly in the room for the evening but if you are seeking luxury this is not the location.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Dear Rick: thank you for your your valuable feedback and for gifting us with 4 stars. Thank you for acknowleding our award winning staff, our breakfast and and our ongoing efforts to update the hotel. You will be happy to hear that the wallaper in the hallways and cooridors are currently being undetaken for their makeover and we are excited to see the finished product. We have taken note of the gym equipment and measures are now in place to ensure that our equipment is kept in good quality with regular maitenance and check-ups. When our renovations are completed (sometime late Nov, early Dec), we wish to welcome you to return, so you may see our improved facility Until then, thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Downtown Edmonton for your stay.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Under renovations don't go there"
The hotel was under renovations, no indication of this when booked. I arrived to be told that they could not honour my reservation even though I had already paid. In the end my reservation was honoured. Staff was freindly, room was renovated and clean
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
"Good location and an OK budget hotel"
The good thing about this hotel is that it is in a very good downtown location within a reasonable price range... The rooms are nice and have cozy little balcony facing the street (but still nice)... Otherwise, it was a bit disappointing - the hotel is undergoing renovation and constructions, so it wasn't very comfortable. The breakfast was ... well it was bad... Overall, considering the price and location it is still a viable option.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Dear Kosta, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for acknowledging valuable points about our hotel (location and price range, cosiness of the rooms). We apologize that we were under renovations during your stay with us; we certainly would have preferred you to experience our hotel at a more quiet time for your comfort. If you are ever in the Edmonton area once again; however, we wish to invite you to stay with us again after our renovations are complete (late Nov/early Dec), so that you may experience our newly improved look. Until then, thank you for your valuable comments, we hope to see you soon.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Kosta
"nice downtown hotel"
decent b'fast, central location, clean, balcony is great!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown
Dear Traveler, thank you for gifting us with your wonderful 5 star review and for expressing your likes and dislikes of our hotel. We are glad that overall, we met your expectations and that our location was fitting with your schedule. However, we apologize that our fitness centre did not meet your needs. Expansion of our gym is under consideration as your comment was forwarded to the appropriate department. If you're ever back in the Edmonton area, we wish to invite you stay with us again; however, until then, thanks again for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express Downtown Edmonton.
Other trip Sep 27, 2014