All hotels in Sandusky, Ohio, United States of America
2809 Milan Road, Rt 250 and Rt 2, Sandusky, OH, 44870, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

2.9
    2.8
    2.6
"around the corner from cedar point"
clean very small pool sits on the corner with no privacy and is small as well. wifi had to be reset twice. good price but will probably try somewhere else next time.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Yup"
It was clean and had a bed. Wifi worked. I got coffee and a donut from the continental breakfast and didn't die. No frills, good deal.
1 night trip Jun 23, 2014
This hotel was ok for the price. It was a small room, but was ok for sleeping,
2 night family trip Jun 24, 2014
Vriley
"Close to food/shops/activities"
Overall, our stay was good. I would have preferred queen size beds, but I don't think they would have fit. I had children with me, so you can imagine the night I had. The bathrooms were very small, but the tub and toilet clean. I was impressed with the clean sheets. More vacuuming could be done around the beds. I ALWAYS check for bed bugs by flipping mattresses. So all that grit and grime on the boxsprings is gross. But there wasn't as much as most places I've stayed.
2 night trip Jun 23, 2014
Misty
"Cheap Stay, close to Cedar Point"
My kids joked about staying at the Bates Motel upon our arrival. The room we got was in the detached smaller building where the front desk was located (not part of the main motel). We had to climb up a narrow, dimly lit staircase where 3 rooms shared the 2nd floor landing. While the room itself wasn't anything to write home about, we were all pleasantly surprised. It was clean and comfortable, and for the price we were quite pleased. The heater/AC unit seemed fairly new and was digital. The continental breakfast wasn't much, either, but there were a few cereals, donuts, fruit, and some other items. The room was only big enough for a couple of tables, so we took our food back to the room to eat. We all agreed, though, that we'd be willing to stay here again for our future Cedar Point trips, and would request the same room.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Shawn
"Amazing deal 5 minutes from Cedar Point!"
I traveled with 3 children ages 9, 10, 12. Our room was small, (2 double beds, smoking) but functional. It was cold when we arrived, but adjusted the thermostat on the air conditioner and it was fine. Debbie at the front desk was wonderful. Although it was chilly and had been previously raining, the kids wanted to swim. Debbie gave us more towels, and the kids had a wonderful time. The pool is smallish, and goes from 3-5 ft deep. A small fridge was in the room, along with microwave and 4 cup coffee pot. Although I would not want an extended stay with 3 kids in a room that size, for our purposes it was perfect, and had the best rates in the area. I was nervous after some of the reviews I had read before going there, I found the room clean, free of mold, and sufficient. I also found Debbie to be very kind and helpful.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
it was ok not the best or the worst but I would stay again when I am in town
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"Close to Cedar Point"
The hotel is old and the rooms are small but they have maintained the facility very well. The room was very clean and was the best I could possibly hope for at such a low price. I checked in very late. The deck clerk had my room key ready when I arrived. I was in my room less than 5 minutes after arriving at the hotel.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"You get what you pay for."
Bed was clean and quite comfortable. But bathroom floor was dirty and room was tiny. Fine to just be there for 10 hours like we were.
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
"Ok for the price"
Small room, was ok for the night. Just needed somewhere ti rest. Wouldn't stay there for more than a night though.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
For the price , a good place to stay.
1 night business trip Jun 8, 2014
"Inexpensive nice motel"
Great little and inexpensive motel. Small rooms, but clean. Bathroom was even updated. Other furniture could use updating, but only needed room to sleep and in. Staff was very nice. Continental breakfast was very basic.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
Ohio traveler
"Rooms were small but overall comfortable and clean"
The room was rather small but bed was comfortable, room very clean and staff was very friendly. Stayed three nights, would recommend hotel for value and cleanliness. But if you're traveling with a larger family you most likely would want to check on availability of double rooms. Mine was a king size which made space limited.
2 night trip Jun 4, 2014
"Small but comfortable"
We stayed recently during memorial weekend on a Saturday. After spending all day at Cedar Point we were exhausted. We checked in about 10:00pm which was no issue. Lobby smelled like they had a water leak. Our room was clean. The king size bed took up most of the room but that was ok we didnt need much. The bathroom was clean but the water from the shower smelled musty. All in all it was a nice stay for just a place to sleep. If your going to be in your room for longer than that I dont recommend if you like your space but otherwise it was perfect for us. Oh and the bed and pillows was actually really comfortable. We had pizza delivered by Domino's and watched tv on the flat screen until we fell asleep. Lots of food choices near by and a gas station. We enjoyed Biggbys coffee in the morning. Check out was fast and easy. I would stay again. I would recommend to anyone who is just looking for a simple stay and nothing fancy. It was easy to find and short drive from CP.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Staff Makes the Difference"
This place has improved since my last stay in October and is definitely on the upswing - the difference the staff can make is noticeable. The place is a little older, tight parking, small lobby / breakfast nook, but the rooms, while a little small, are very clean and comfortable and the water is hot. Just a few minutes away from CP, with donuts, cereal, and coffee in the morning. Had a busted lock on my first room, but Debbie (awesome, by the way) at the desk moved us right away and even managed to get three (3) rooms together for us and the family. Will stay again.
1 night family trip May 17, 2014
RM25483
"Not happy, did not stay"
The minute I walked into the room it smelled terrible, the bathroom mirror was filthy, there were hairs on the toilet seat even though there was a sanitary paper laid across it. The bed sheets were wrinkled and had stains on them. I tried getting a refund but they did not give me my money back because of their no refund policy. Which is crazy considering the condition of the room. I left anyways, there was no way I was staying there. I was highly Unsatisfied!
1 night business trip May 11, 2014
"Nice place, friendly staff."
I stayed here while moving from Michigan. The room was a little small, I booked it of expedia so the price was cheaper. Staff were always really friendly and accommodating. Parking lot was safe with CCTV.
Other trip May 15, 2014
Cwill
"Nice place, friendly staff."
Other trip May 15, 2014
Cwill
"Simple Room for the Night"
You get what you pay for, and this place was just fine. It was a frigid late October Friday night at HalloWeekends, and this tiny room warmed quickly. Breakfast was a donut and some cheap coffee. Staff was very friendly. It is a two-story motel setup, old, somewhat shabby, but clean. No complaints, no commendations.
1 night trip with friends Oct 25, 2013
RM25483
"Not bad for the price!"
We couldn't find the place because the sign wasn't lit. When we finally found it we didn't think they were open because they had piles and piles of laundry in the windows. We checked the door marked "Office", it was open. Two people were sitting there eating with their cat. I said, "we didn't think you were open", they told us "we are supposed to be closed but since your reservation came through we stayed open". When we went looking for ice, we were told "the ice machine has already been unplugged" and that laundry we saw? Yeah, that was in the "breakfast room" so needless to say, we didn't get our free breakfast either.
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
"this was NOT the 3+ star motel it was rated to be"
Gaps in the wall next to the cabinet in bathroom. Room tiny, cramped. Large dirty cobwebs hanging on the whole wall near the very noisy heater a/c that hung over the side of bed preventing getting in bed that side. No wireless, tv kept losing signal, no breakfast though Thereseadvertised.
Other trip Oct 25, 2013
"Not so nice ..."
We stayed at this hotel about two years ago, it has gone to thgr dumps since. Ripped rug, overly small bathroom, tons of dust on the ceiling by the ac unit. Beds were okay, nice flat screen TV, and annoying bright floreceng lights in the room, not the normal warm yellow of regular lights. Wouldn't stay again. We were telling ourselves the whole time we should have paid for the nice best western down the street.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
"Relatively close to park, but not worth it!"
To keep it simple but to the point: This place was filthy. There was pizza sauce on a blanket on the bed, the room smelled like dirt, the bathroom floor was definitely growing something, the toilet was terribly stained, the dresser was water damaged on the bottom and looked like it had been rotting. The room key randomly stopped working on the second night and had to walk to the office to get it reprogrammed at the end of a very long day. No apology or explanation was given. Yes, the price is OK for this hotel but it was NOT EVEN WORTH THAT. The "breakfast included" was donuts from next door and coffee. The walls are so thin you feel like you are with the people next door. Basically, if you don't want to encounter huge health risks, don't stay here. Spend the extra twenty bucks and stay elsewhere.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
"Cheap Hotel by Cedar Point"
If you're looking for a cheap place to stay near Cedar Point, this is it. The rooms are pretty tiny, but decent if you're only planning on sleeping there. Our comforter was stained, but the front desk replaced it with no problem. The bathroom was not the cleanest either, but there were no bugs!
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
"Disappointing Hotel!"
Staff at the Reception are good, Rooms doors are in Bad conditions big time,, mattresses have only blanket, no duvet, which is not comfortable too, needs updating.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
Ammar
"Nice Hotel, super close to cedar point!"
Awesome Bed, and Staff! Had a refrigerator and microwave too! Recommend!
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
"The Manger was awesome and helpful"
I think for the little we pd we got a great deal, location , service and the manger Debbie is there if you need anything always and pleasant. I will stay there again...Thanks Debbie. Check it out when you want to stay in Sandusky.
4 night trip Aug 25, 2013
Toni
"Small room but worth the money"
The room was clean but small. The location was excellent. Breakfast selection was very limited but expected for the price we paid. Seems like some want a five star hotel but not willing to pay for it. If you want an affordable place to stay that is close to everything, this is the place to stay.
2 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"You get what you pay for"
THE GOOD: Hotel staff were incredibly friendly & helpful. The check in & check out was super fast. The location of this hotel is what made it so appealing as it's a 5 minute drive to Cedar Point. The surrounding area is nice & there are a lot of restaurants and shopping, which is nice because you probably will not want to spend a lot of time at the hotel. THE BAD: The room was VERY small; there's just enough room to walk around the bed. There is a lack of upkeep at this hotel- cleaning & otherwise. The comforter had what appeared to be a cigarette burn hole. I checked the mattress for signs of bed bugs & it was okay but there was sand and dirt on the box spring. Incredibly off putting! There was a little mold in the bathtub. I was looking forward to a nice swim but the water was dirty & there were cigarettes in the water. In their defense I could have gotten to the pool AFTER they had just finished mowing because there appeared to be lawn clippings & such floating in the pool but I don't know that for a fact. Breakfast is...well..subpar. You have a choice of 2 cereals & some doughnuts. I highly recommend you skip breakfast here & walk across the street to Biggby's coffee- they have fabulous coffee and breakfast foods. So really, I would only recommend a stay here if you're desperate. You get what you pay for!
2 night trip Aug 20, 2013
"Close to downtown and Cedar Point"
Well I want to start out by saying, reading reviews really did help prepare me for what to expect out of this hotel and they were dead on. I will start out with the things that I did like about the hotel. The lady at the front desk was very nice and very welcoming. The pool looked okay to get in. The microwave and the cooler in my room were both very clean. The air in the room was working really good, nice tvs, and lots of good hot water. Lastly the bed was really comfortable and pleasing to sleep in, which is the most important thing to me when choosing whether to stay in the room or no. Now for things that I ,well (we) did not like about this room. The door to the room was wore down and looked liked it could be kicked in very easily, though we weren't worried because we did not leave anything valuable in the room. The room need dusting and I had to use my own cleaning products to clean the bathroom because it didn't look clean at all. Mold in the shower, steaks on the counter, debris on the floor, door would not close, and scum in the tub. The floor was not vacuumed therefore I kept shoes on at all times and in the shower. The room had a stench of wetness and mold and there were cigarette holes in the comforter for the bed. I would not stay in this hotel again the very clean bed is the only reason I stayed but for the money I paid it was okay for a 2 night stay.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
K.C
"Glaf I didn't bring the wife"
I would only recommend staying here if you don't care about quality. Not necessarily dirty, but very outdated and in need of a major renovation. Luckily it was just myself and an Army buddy going to Cedar Point for the weekend. If we would have brought our wives we would have quickly done an about face and stayed somewhere else.
2 night trip Aug 16, 2013
"where's the maid??"
dirty floors, walls, windows, mirrors. bathtub clogged. room very tiny
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
Don
"Not worth the deal"
Room was completely dirty. Stains in the comforters,looked they never mop or vaccum. Nothing was clean. We were scared to walk in our bare feet. Pool was filthy. Floating bugs,paper,etc. when we left for the day cleaning people came in and threw the blankets on the bed and that was it. Garbage was overflowing,never emptied,didn't vaccum. Just because prices of hotel are cheap doesn't mean they should be dirty or have lazy people working for them.
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
nicole
Hotel was dirty and old. Room was small which was fine, but the one bed was wedged close to the corner and the floor on the wall side of the bed was filthy. Hair in the shower and floor in bathroom was very dirty. Peeling paint in bathroom. Overall it was ok for getting there very late and leaving very early. But I wouldn't stay there again.
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2013
"Good if you are just wanting a place to sleep"
I stayed here with a friend during our two day trip to cedar point. I wasn't expecting much since I got the room for $42. It was small and not the cleanest, but a fine place if you're not looking for much. The hotel seems to be run entirely by a 12 year old boy, but he was very nice and professional.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2013
The hotel was very small the bed lining had stains on them as well as the pillow cases the bathroom had spider webs all in the corners as if it hasn't been clean the ac and heating system didnt work there was no screens to the windows so I couldnt open the window I didn't want bugs to fly or crawl in the pool is for kids its 4ft deep and very tiny so dont think highly of it. it was very close to cedar point and was very cheap so I didn't have high expectations alot of restaurants and fast food near so that was a plus
1 night trip Aug 12, 2013
Deborah
"It's true you get what you pay for"
Hotels.com were offering 50% off specific hotels and we booked this ho jo for a Friday night for $45. After a long day at cedar point this place worked out great for just the two of us who didn't need much more than a place to sleep and shower in the morning before heading to our next destination. The room was very small and is dire need of updating!! I was afraid people could peep through the openings of the curtain an the ac was a wall mount unit. The staff there at the hotel was very very friendly! Provided me with a toothbrush and tooth paste as I forgot mine. The pool looked cleanish but didnt go in but the location of it is on the main strip which is a bummer. We checked in pretty early so were able to park our car by our room but in the morning I noticed cars parked on the side street where there were not enough spots. It did get noisey at night with cars driving on the main strip but with the location we were right down the road from everything; entertainment, food, shopping. If it were more than just my husband and I theres no way we would have stayed here but it worked out great for a quick night.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"Sandusky OH Howard Johnson's"
The room we had was clean and adequate but it was right next to the office and we had car and people traffic. This is a really old place with a little updating. The bath room was very small and the hot water / cold water faucet was reversed. For the price it was just OK.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
The service was good but rooms were SMELLY! We had to prop the door open for fresh air...outdated but you get what you pay for. We just wanted a place to sleep for the night and thats what we got. Not too much different than the rest of the rooms along Milan Rd.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2013
Angie
"Not that good"
I had to call twice to make sure we had a non-smoking room, which we did. The room is VERY basic and small. Two double beds, very tiny stand up shower and toilet in the "enclosed" bathroom (although you had trouble closing the door completely). The sink and mirror is out in the bedroom area. The room wasn't what I would call dirty, but just sort of old and tired and need of sprucing up. We stayed there because of the price, and we were only using it to sleep and left very early in the morning. I am not sure I would stay there again.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
Traveler
"Felt like a dirty motel"
Wasn't as bad as I expected but you definitely get what you pay for. Bathroom was disgusting yet clean somehow? Lol and the pool had an awful salty taste in it. Continental breakfast consisted of a doughnut or cereal... Didn't eat it. Kid that works there was very friendly and did a good job but i am pretty sure he was 14
1 night trip with friends Aug 7, 2013
Jesse
"Needs cleaning."
Hotel is close to places to eat, stores and Cedar Point however the rooms need good and through cleaning. The bedding however was very clean and the mattress was in good shape. So, with a few tweaks this hotel could be better. The rates were good and front office accommodating however again, a good cleaning is needed.
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
"Small hotel"
Wi fi was out Breakfast was small and old Very small rooms
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
"Cheap"
Since I really didn't care if it were a nice place, I wasn't spending a lot of time in the room, my only complaint was the cleanliness of the room. Quite a bit of trash, like an empty beer bottle was found hidden around the bed skirts. (I don't drink) I did like the fact it had a mini fridge though.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
"Close to cedar point,put in bay,lots of shopping ."
The staff was excellent, pool was very clean,no bed bugs,a clean room a little small but cozy,beds were very comfortable and new looking.the micro oven works,refrid,and hair dryer.only thing is in our room the hot and coldin the shower was reversed,once we figured that out the water was very hot,and to lock the door you have to slam the door really hard.the wifi wasn't that great but the staff really tried to assist to help you.the breakfast could have been better not a lot to choose from.i will be staying there again next year.we stayed three nights and enjoyed them all.
3 night trip Jul 26, 2013
"just the basics"
not too much to say, if you need a room and a bed it will suffice.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2013
"Extremely Unkept"
We take an annual trip to Cedar Point but had not stayed at this hotel before. The folks working at the hotel were friendly and the beds were comfortable. We arrived at 8:00 p.m. for a 2 night stay. When walking from check-in to our room, we saw no less than 3 places in the parking lot where it appeared (and smelled like) someone had gotten sick. While sitting at the pool (it did not look inviting enough to swim in) we could hear cars at the speedway. They didn't stop until after 11:30 p.m. - very annoying. My son's room had no towels (front desk gave us some at the time of our request) or coffee items....either day. I feel sorry for housekeeping as the facility appears so run down, I'm not sure how they can tell if a good job cleaning has been done or not (although there were items laying underneath the desk but we didn't want to get on our knees to see what it was). Crud is deep into the bathroom tiles/grout; I wouldn't take a bath as I didn't trust the tub was clean - "made" myself take a shower. Carpet flooring is so nasty my friend and I kept slippers on the whole time. I understand we shouldn't expect alot as far as ammentities from an "economy" hotel - not a problem. I do expect cleanliness, regardless. Would not stay here again due to the lack of cleanliness.
2 night trip Jul 26, 2013
Home Sweet Home
The sheets and pillowcases were dirty and stained. Big stains on carpet. Bathroom door was warped and would not shut. Walls needed painted. Just plain Dirty! Worse Hotel I have ever been to.
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2013
"close to where we wanted to be"
Our stay was very enjoyable.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2013
vicki
"Don't stay here"
Hotel room did not match the photo on their website, WiFi was available, but we could not ever get connected, breakfast consisted of cereal & donuts which were NOT replenished at all. If you got there close to the end you were simply out of luck. Our room door did not close properly and therefore did not lock. The room was a triangle which 4 adults could not turn around in without running into each other. We had a 3 night reservation, stayed one night & left. After speaking with the owner (arguing) we received a full refund. Howard Johnson should look into this hotel as I would not want it to represent my name on it. Expedia should take it off their options list.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013