All hotels in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here190 Smith Street, Winnipeg, MB, R3C1J8, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great business hotel for saving money"
Stayed for business because location is convenient and price is hard to beat.
2 night business trip May 12, 2015
"New #1"
Pleasantly surprised when I couldn't get into my first hotel choice. Very comfortable and pleasant helpful staff.
3 night business trip May 12, 2015
"Good Hotel"
Here on business, nice hotel
2 night business trip May 4, 2015
"Nice Time"
Enjoyed the stay there. Got woke up at 4am due to a fire alarm but otherwise it was a pleasant experience.
1 night trip Apr 29, 2015
"Not bad"
Not bad for the money. Nice staff good location clean room
1 night romance trip Apr 20, 2015
Jeffrey
"Not the upscale feel....."
I guess I was expecting more from a hotel rated 4+ stars and excellent. It was older and under renovation in the lobby area. The carpet throughout was older and the room decor felt sparse and not very inviting. It was very clean however. I'm not a picky type of person, but I didn't get what I was expecting, which was a more upscale type of hotel. If you're looking for a clean, utilitarian suite this would be satisfactory for you. The hotel staff was helpful, but I wouldn't go as far as saying very friendly and inviting. We had a fire alarm go off at 3 AM where everyone went down to the lobby. It surely wasn't their fault, but there were no apologies from staff. They were basically invisible. I was sorely disappointed with the restaurant and bar. The breakfast we had did the job of filling our stomachs, but it is not a place you'd like to go to enjoy a nice dinner or drink. Very sparse and lacking atmosphere. The girl working there however was a sweetie.
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
Janet
"Near the center."
Room had a strange odor which could not figure out where was coming from. Either cooking odor from previous guests or cleaning materials or something. I think after 2-3 days either I got used to it or it went away.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
I was amazed how clean and spacious the suites are and very warm. I would stay their again. Liza was amazing and very pleasant.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"Nice hotel and very close to the MTS Center"
The beds were very comfortable compared to other better know chain hotels, maybe they should come and see what a nice bed really is. Hate spending cash on a nice hotel only to be sleeping on a brick.
Cliff
"More of stuff"
There should be more than 2 plates in the suite. More cups and cutlery.
10 night business trip Jan 27, 2015
Great place to stay in the downtown area of Winnipeg.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Good solid accommodation with kitchenette"
Staff at check-in were very pleasant. The room had a kitchenette and a comfortable king bed. Hotel is located in a low-income area but there are lots of coffee shops and restaurants around, as well as a convenience store on the next block. It is a safe neighbourhood and one need not worry about walking alone. The only complaint was the weather but we can't blame that on the hotel.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
Arnie
"Nice hotel in downtown Winnepeg."
The hotel was nice, but the restaurant/bar was not well-placed, and hence the downgrade from 5 to 4. While it was not well placed, it was acceptable, and the staff at both the hotel and bar was good. Also, parking charges when I checked-out. The parking charges were not explained in advance, but what are you going to do when you're trying to catch a flight - fight over $20? All-in-all the facilities were very nice, the views of the city was nice, and the staff went out of their way to be helpful. Thanks for the visit.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Very good value for the price"
Hotel was very nice for the price paid! A cup of coffee and two bottles of water were included as well.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
"Experience"
Easy access, very comfortable room. Restaurant really makes some great meals. Dine in or out(your room) . I felt really at home and will be saden when the Hotel to Apartment conversion is completed. Of course it has been talked about for some time.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
RJ
"Conference"
It was an excellent experience. Was apprehensive not being familiar with the hotel chain, but my stay was most comfortable. We got value for money, hotel close to shopping, dining and bus and taxi. In the heart of activities, Thanks Expedia you made the stay in Canada most enjoyable.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
"Perfect hotel for a concert at MTS Centet."
Beautiful view from room. Close to MTS Center. Clean and comfortable. Good value for the money.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Minnesotan
"It is just ok..."
Staff was fine, rooms very clean and well kept. Restaurant was way to expensive. Well located for our event at MTS center. Nothing stood out though, just OK.
D
"Service usually great; not this time."
I always stay at this Hotel when I am in Winnipeg to visit my daughter. Usually service is fantastic; this was the first time I had staff knocked on my door, while I was getting ready in the morning, to ask if I needed anything. Of course, it took me by surprise and I had to quick look around to see what I had used that needed replaced. The following morning I didn't have coffee or sweetner or clean towels......I've never had this happen during previous stays. Maybe they were short staffed that day?
2 night family trip Oct 27, 2014
kim
"Fairly easy to get to and from ..."
Our rooms were delightful had comfortable furniture . The staff really went out of their way to help us ,,always friendly and caring !!!
3 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2014
RuthAnnGossen
"Spacious and reasonably priced"
I was very pleased with PLRs 2 room suite. We had a bedroom with 2 double beds and a living room with a pullout sleeper sofa. The kitchen was a great convenience. Housekeeping did a great job for too. I had a problem with inexperienced desk staff that could not answer questions about the area and did not know how to charge a room to Discover card We also had a problem with electronic keys that would work for a day and then stop.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
"Excellent hotel. We could walk anywhere."
Once we found it it was great. Right down town so of course, we had trouble getting to it. Not hard once we knew where it was. Excellent location as we didn't need to move our car the whole time we were there.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Clean and confortable"
We really liked this hotel. There were even enough pillows for each of us and we like firm pillows and a body pillow. The air conditioning was a little wonky but it is fall so it could be that everyone else is in heating mode now. We loved being able to enjoy wine and cheese in our room - they even had wine glasses in the cupboards. Bring your own corkscrew/opener though. Loved this place! We stayed two nights and hung the do not disturb sign so our room was left alone and not serviced during our stay...which is what we wanted.
2 night romance trip Sep 19, 2014
Shannon
"this hotel has been under renovation since 2013"
Hotel Complimentary Wifi connection was very epileptic throughout my stay. Have to call the front desk severally on this. The hotel hasn't got pool and parking is charged at $11 per night
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
Nelson
"Hotel Stay"
Overall the hotel was fine. Clean and comfortable. The issues I had with our stay was the refrigerator did not work, but maintenance was quick in getting it fixed. There is also an $11 a day parking fee.
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
We arrived late in Winnipeg, after dark, and the general neighborhood seemed a little suspect but by day proved to be fine. Check in went smoothly as did getting unloaded and the car parked. Being in the business district, the hotel is convenient to a downtown Starbucks and full service market. The room was quite large due to the full service kitchen which we really didn't make use of. Construction on the 23rd floor made elevator service inconvenient. Our stay was comfortable (we were in the hotel only to sleep), and overall, satisfactory.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Very Impressive Updated Older Hotel!!"
I booked the hotel for a surprise anniversary weekend with my wife. I had never been to this hotel, but it was a good price and the pictures looked decent. Decent was an understatement! Our suite had a king size bed (amazing mattress), full kitchen with granite countertops, full size fridge, sink, nice new cabinets, a beautiful bathroom with a nice tub and shower, same granite countertops, and the entire room was absolutely spotless.......... Very quick effortless check-in, and check out. The front desk staff could tell us all about different restaurants and lounges within a 2 block radius of the hotel including the time they closed.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Tyler
"Nice hotel, noce location"
Nice hotel, nice location, really like the complete kitchen and the size of the room
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Convenient to The Forts"
Room recently updated but hotel in general was pretty plain. Room was comfortable and roomy with kitchen - and was quiet. Air conditioner did not blow on the bed and there was a small window that we could open for fresh air so inside environment was pretty good. Parking is an $11 add-on but it had in and out privileges so worked out well when we had to drive to see some of the sights. Other reviews mention neighborhood is not great and we found that to be somewhat true so from experience, we suggest staying on Smith when going north and south and avoiding next block to east. Hotel staff gave us directions to walk south to Broadway from the hotel - and Broadway area is pretty nice.
2 night family trip Aug 2, 2014
"Wonderful hotel!"
Wonderful weekend including our stay here. Very helpful and accomodating staff! Bed was very comfortable!
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Handy location in the city"
Enjoyed using the kitchenette for food prep. Bed was comfy.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"Need fitted sheets"
I liked the hotel-clean, quiet, beautiful kitchen-but being a restless sleeper, I ended up on the bare mattress several times. GET SOME FITTED SHEETS. Join the 21st century. Keep your guests sleeping well. That is your main job.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
anon
"Excellent choice"
My compliments to the innkeepers!
4 night trip Jun 24, 2014
WMB
"Great suite room"
We had a wonderful, spacious suite room with a king bed and pull-out sofabed. The room itself was beautiful but the entrance and lobby area of the hotel weren't as nice as I was expecting for the price. Front-desk service left a bit to be desired, as we were never told we had to validate our parking ticket inside and missed the sign in the lot, so we had to go get the ticket and bring it back in the morning. Being in the center of town near the market, I had hoped for a better view, but just faced the wall of a nondescript next-door office building.
1 night trip Jun 16, 2014
"Very Nice"
I thought it was awesome. We only stayed for one night.. They should tell you on the website it is a $200 deposit,..which they give you that back if you dont destroy the room. It was very nice. Looked like a little apartment
1 night trip May 25, 2014
Alexias Schroeder
"Not impressed."
I wasn't to impressed, First I upgraded my room before i got there and paid $50.00 when I arrive i did not get the room I upgraded for and I had to call hotels.com and deal with it my self the hotel was not helpful at all. There was no Room service and I put a $250.00 deposit down, when I checked in they said so youll be here for a week parking is $11.00, without being there for 24 hours i get a phone call from the front desk saying I only paid parking for one night. So i got bout 5 more phone calls until I went down the the front desk the following day. My room phone rang more than my cell phone did.
7 night trip May 24, 2014
"Very nice hotel"
Great room and professional staff. Restaurant and hotel location were very good
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
eddie
It was great!
3 night trip May 23, 2014
"Great location in Winnipeg"
I have stayed at the Place Louis Riel Suite Hotel several times and have had great experiences. The location is good, they have a restaurant in the hotel and the parking garage is also part of the building.
Other trip May 26, 2014
S
Love staying here. Large rooms, comfortable, and close to relatives.
2 night family trip May 16, 2014
"CLEAN, GREAT DEAL FOR THE SPACE AND COMFORTABLE"
The hotel was in a great location and getting to place from there was not at all a proble. The checking in and out process was very fast and painless, and when we had questions, the staff diligently answered and was very knowledgeable! We were very impressed with the room's amenties. We had the studio and it had everything we needed! The only downer I would have to say would be that they charge for parking. Other than that, it was a very luxurious and clean stay! If ever in Winniepeg again, I will most certainly return and reccomend the hotel to others!
2 night romance trip Apr 11, 2014
Nhi V.
"Enjoyed the suite with kitchenette"
Enjoyed the room…staff messed up on our reservation not once but twice and housekeeping didn't clean well. but it was a good experience and we might do it again.
Other trip Apr 4, 2014
"Concert was postponed...."
After a 6 hour car ride we found out the Hedley concert was postponed. Needless to say we had to make the most of our overnight trip. Haven't stayed at this hotel for many years. It was a comfortable stay and the room was very clean. Would stay again.
1 night trip with friends Apr 1, 2014
TKH
"very neat hotel"
The hotel is awesome and worth the money I have spent. I had a good time while my son and I stayed there. The breakfast buffet was delouses too. Even though the hotel entrance look as a regular building gate, stile the hotel room very neat.
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
Erythrea
"Excellent value for price."
The full kitchen was great. This is a good place to stay if you don't want to eat out for every meal. Everything was very clean and the room was in good shape - very comfortable. We did not use any other facilities so cannot speak to those but we would recommend based on location, cleanliness, comfort, and the joy of the kitchenette.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
LJG
The hotel was very clean and very nice. We stayed here because we were in town for the Winnipeg Jets game. The hotel is within walking distance. The only complaint I had was that there was not hot water in the morning. I called the front desk and they came up to take care of it. I was happy I was able to get a hot shower before I left!
1 night trip Dec 27, 2013
"OK place to stay"
Hair in the bathroom. Lots of it. OK hotel but that poor level of cleaning ruins it for me.
2 night family trip Dec 27, 2013
"Great value"
We spent a weekend here and had a great stay. The room was very nice and had a kitchen. Bed was very comfortable and the shower and bathtub are also great. No complaints, except that we were right near the elevator so heard more noise than usual but it wasn't a big deal.
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
Lea
"awesome area, sleep?"
I prefer to stay there when I,m in the city. The only complaint I have would be the hard beds.
3 night business trip Nov 16, 2013
Pete
"location and kitchen a big plus"
Full size fridge, oven, dishes, kcup coffee, like having your own flat in downtown Winnipeg. Sheet had a hole in it. They're working on getting the windows washed (there is a note). Great comfy chair (it'd be nice if there were two). Nice HD TV shame none of the channels are in HD. My wife had her best birthday ever!
Other trip Oct 28, 2013