All hotels in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Great room
    Food is not good
    Bad pool
"Do not stay here"
This place is definitely not as the pictures show. We arrived and checked out one hour later to a better hotel.
3 night romance trip Apr 1, 2016
"No Way"
How disappointing that they would rate this hotel with anything more than a 1 star, or even offer it to start with. The hotel is a partial shelter for the homeless, and others. When one of my employees arrived they had to be escorted to their room by armed security. I am not really sure that this type of business should be allowed to offer rooms.
Other trip Oct 31, 2015
group coordinat
"Comfortable stay"
Easy enough to check in and check out. Room was very comfortable, clean, spacious. Kitchen had everything I needed. Didn't use any of the other facilities... I think once they're finished the construction, it'll be an even nicer place to stay. It's not explicitly stated that parking is $11 per day even for hotel guests, but that was my fault for not researching well enough beforehand.
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
Sean
"A birthday celebration holiday"
Enjoyed the Greco-Roman exhibit at the Art Museum and the elaborate exhibits at the Human Rights Museum at the Forks. English Garden is always nice even in the fall.
3 night romance trip Oct 7, 2015
Hotel room smelled like moth balls, and the bed sheets clearly were not washed at all...definitely would not recommend. Hotel staff were just ok, nothibg special. The fridge in my room didn't work at all althought it said it was on at max, it felt more like a microwave.
Other trip Oct 6, 2015
"Sweet Suites"
Hotel lobby was going through remodeling, each encounter with staff was positive, room was very clean and quiet, nice thing is all rooms in this hotel are suites with complete kitchens.
6 night family trip Sep 14, 2015
DANIEL
"Business in Winnipeg"
Stayed for business in a 1 bedroom suite. Very nice.
3 night business trip Sep 17, 2015
"Dog Walk"
We brought our dogs with us on this trip and the hotel in located downtown. They actually have a dog walk on the 4th floor which is pretty cool.
2 night romance trip Sep 3, 2015
Nicole
"Great time!"
We had never been to Winnipeg before, so this was our first time. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our hotel room was clean and spacious. The kitchen was fully loaded and ready to go in case we wanted to cook and eat in. There is construction going on but we never heard anything, it was quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a fairly central location and we were able to walk all over town and see the sights. Overall I would recommend this hotel.
1 night romance trip Sep 3, 2015
We booked a last minute trip. The hotel staff were very helpful. The dog walking area on the 4th floor patio was very unique and quite handy...once we found it!
2 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
"Night Out in Winnipeg"
It was a little difficult to find the place at first, there isn't really a big sign out in front with the name, its on the corner right across from the library. Overall we enjoyed the stay, didn't know parking wasn't included. They are doing some construction & the elevators weren't that speedy. I thought it was a good location to go out clubbing, we just had to walk 2 blocks to get to our destination.
1 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2015
Tanya
"Nice rooms, jankey/sketchy lobby & front desk"
Room was spacious and clean. A very nice room. The lobby was under renovation which was to be expected but the front desk staff and security guard were lounging in the office chairs behind the front desk on several occasions when I passed thru the lobby. Very sketchy looking and un-professional.
2 night business trip Aug 25, 2015
kevin
"Business travel"
Business trip. Hotel is within walking distance of the Forks, and the business we needed to visit. It was undergoing construction, so the lobby was limited, but it was fine for our visit. It is functional, parking is $11/day unlimited in and out, modern rooms with kitchen facilities. Walking was a big plus. In the winter, might not be so pleasant, as I'm not sure it is connected with the underground.
2 night business trip Aug 17, 2015
Elaine
"Comfy beds"
Great hotel for the price we got from hotels.com. Very convenient walk to The Forks area. Appears to be within walking distance of the French Quarter, but we weren't able to go because it rained the day we had planned on going, so we just drove somewhere else. We had the king size bed, it was the most comfortable bed we'd ever had! Kitchenette was also nice to have, although we didn't use it for this stay. If we get the same price for the room, we'll definitely stay here when we come back next time!
1 night romance trip Aug 11, 2015
Kelsey
"In the heart of it all"
Overlook the craziness of the lobby as it goes through renovation. Once you get to your room you'll enjoy the ample space, full kitchen & sitting room. Once you head out, you'll be in the heart of all Winnipeg has to offer- the Forks, running paths along the water, restaurants. This is an older property but well run & maintained. Be careful if you have a larger car- parking is quite tight.
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
JoAnne
Very Nice Hotel. Would stay here time and time again. Parking is an additional $11.00 (per day) and is in the hotel parking lot. Hotel location is great if you like the downtown atmosphere, with several attractions and dinning within an easy walk.
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
"This Place"
Great Place all around. Thought the $300 security deposit is a wee bit strange.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2015
"Loved this property"
We loved this property. In addition to being less expensive than many area hotels, our room was huge with a full kitchen, sitting room with sofa bed, great toiletries, robes and comfy bedding. We had a rainy day & the room was cozy and spacious so we could snack, have a wine, spread out and relax. It is blocks from the Forks, Exchange, restaurants & waterfront paths. Don't let the lobby throw you as it is under renovation.
1 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
JoAnne
"place louis real"
It was a good stay. Hotel is still under construction, but there were no real issues. They just need to have more staff working at check in, as the wait was a bit long.
1 night romance trip Aug 3, 2015
"Huge, equipped rooms. Very nice!"
The room was great. Good bed and very big. Fully equipped kitchen with free bottled water. I will definitely stay here next time.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
"Good if you want to stay downtown"
The room was fine. I would have liked it if there was a lobby and I could sit and read the paper and drink coffee. I know they are remodeling so hopefully at some point there will be one.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
Bobbie
"room was nice, service was bad"
undergoing construction, the room was nice. however the service was sub par. first night felt like there was an earthquake at 5am. things were rattling on the table. staff didn't seem to care. then dropped off some dry cleaning. they misplaced it, no one seemed to know what was going on. finally found it, had to come back at a later time as I had meetings. at this point, if you are going to comp something, $12 on a dry clean would be appropriate. nothing.
3 night business trip Jul 20, 2015
"Beyond expected luxury!"
This was a surprise. We got an entire suite in the downtown area of Winnipeg. The luxury and comfort made our stay memorable and we'd recommend it to anyone.
4 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
vivien
"Roomy"
A nice big suite on the fringe of the entertainment district. Breakfast the weak point and nowhere much to eat breakfast nearby.
1 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
Geoffrey
"Nice in Winnepeg"
Great Hotel, Great room housekeeping a little sketchy when it came to taking out old glasses and restocking towels. Great bed, the room itself was totally great. I would recommend this hotel and I would definitely stay again.
3 night business trip Jun 4, 2015
"Great location! Good value"
I arrived on the train and had an easy walk to the hotel. It is centrally located and just a stroll to the baseball park, hockey arena, casino and other attractions. The room was large and very comfortable. Don't let the price scare you. Think value!
2 night trip Apr 16, 2015
Hotel under construction but otherwise a good place to stay.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
"World Cup Soccer Visit."
The city of Winnipeg and your Hotel made our trip to World Cup Soccer very "special". We hope to return in the future.
6 night trip Jun 7, 2015
Janet
"great place to relax"
I went with a friend to see the Women's World Cup matches in Winnipeg. We stayed in another hotel the first two nights (for about the same price) and then went to the Place Louis Riel. What a difference! The hotel has a workout room, very friendly staff, and great service. Out room included a small kitchen which was extra helpful as we could prepare small meals there.
3 night trip with friends Jun 13, 2015
ruth
The hotel was great. Good location to downtown Winnipeg and close to the Forks area. Walkable to the main attractions of the city. The staff was incredibly friendly and welcoming. Note, the front desk can exchange currency up to $500USD for guests. My credit card was flagged for fraud (apparently common in Canada) but exchanging currency at the hotel was helpful. The room was clean and pleasant. I ordered breakfast one morning and it was ok. Not the best, but helpful to have as an option. Overall, if I were in Winnipeg again, I would stay here.
3 night trip Jun 13, 2015
kayla
"Great for five"
Great suite for family of five. Very convenient to many things downtown.
5 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
"Pleasant Stay"
I've stayed here a number of occasions and again, it didn't disappoint. Front desk staff are courteous and helpful, the lobby area is professional and the rooms are comfortable and clean.
1 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
heather
"Hotel Wasn't What We Expected"
Although our room was clean and was appointed with a sofa, tables, TVs, etc. it wasn't what we expected from the photos that were advertised. The room was rather dark and not very bright or welcoming. The furniture was more run down than expected (scratches, etc.) There were few amenities on location, i.e. no pool, no hot tub, etc. The in-room bathroom had a very tiny countertop, as did the kitchen. The surface area for eating was small and not very comfortable.
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
"Inside great!! Outside not-so-much!"
Possibly the best hotel that I've been to in a year plus. King bed was super comfy!. Only knocks were the breakfast buffet ($12.00) is only M-F. I was there sat. night. ( to see Jersey Boys).They and other downtown hotels had a security guard in the lobby as there are some dirty unemployed types walking the general area. The door is locked in the evening; got to buzz in. Also you can walk to Portage Ave. and catch a city bus to airport for $2.60! Bus #15. runs about every 24 mins. takes about half hour.
1 night trip May 30, 2015
"Modern Hotel, but needs to update beds"
Great hotel with modern décor. The only complaint I have is how uncomfortable the beds were. Felt like I was laying on a board.
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
"Great business hotel for saving money"
Stayed for business because location is convenient and price is hard to beat.
2 night business trip May 12, 2015
"New #1"
Pleasantly surprised when I couldn't get into my first hotel choice. Very comfortable and pleasant helpful staff.
3 night business trip May 12, 2015
"Good Hotel"
Here on business, nice hotel
2 night business trip May 4, 2015
"Nice Time"
Enjoyed the stay there. Got woke up at 4am due to a fire alarm but otherwise it was a pleasant experience.
1 night trip Apr 29, 2015
"Not bad"
Not bad for the money. Nice staff good location clean room
1 night romance trip Apr 20, 2015
Jeffrey
"Not the upscale feel....."
I guess I was expecting more from a hotel rated 4+ stars and excellent. It was older and under renovation in the lobby area. The carpet throughout was older and the room decor felt sparse and not very inviting. It was very clean however. I'm not a picky type of person, but I didn't get what I was expecting, which was a more upscale type of hotel. If you're looking for a clean, utilitarian suite this would be satisfactory for you. The hotel staff was helpful, but I wouldn't go as far as saying very friendly and inviting. We had a fire alarm go off at 3 AM where everyone went down to the lobby. It surely wasn't their fault, but there were no apologies from staff. They were basically invisible. I was sorely disappointed with the restaurant and bar. The breakfast we had did the job of filling our stomachs, but it is not a place you'd like to go to enjoy a nice dinner or drink. Very sparse and lacking atmosphere. The girl working there however was a sweetie.
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
Janet
"Great hotel close to all the options downtown"
Great room, had a full kitchen and a separate bedroom.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
This is the second time that we've stayed here. It's very clean and quiet. I will continue staying here, when in Winnipeg.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
Kerrill
"Nice, clean, big rooms. Very comfortable."
I enjoyed staying at the PLR. The room was very big, had a very comfortable king sized bed and great (soft) pillows. There was a nice lounge area with a smallish TV. The to had a nice kitchenette, bathroom was plenty big, and really couldn't ask for more for the ~110 a night. Taxis in seconds, as UniCity Taxi has a stand right outside. Will likely stay here again when I come back to Winnipeg.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
"Near the center."
Room had a strange odor which could not figure out where was coming from. Either cooking odor from previous guests or cleaning materials or something. I think after 2-3 days either I got used to it or it went away.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
I was amazed how clean and spacious the suites are and very warm. I would stay their again. Liza was amazing and very pleasant.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"Nice hotel and very close to the MTS Center"
The beds were very comfortable compared to other better know chain hotels, maybe they should come and see what a nice bed really is. Hate spending cash on a nice hotel only to be sleeping on a brick.
Cliff
"More of stuff"
There should be more than 2 plates in the suite. More cups and cutlery.
10 night business trip Jan 27, 2015
Great place to stay in the downtown area of Winnipeg.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Good solid accommodation with kitchenette"
Staff at check-in were very pleasant. The room had a kitchenette and a comfortable king bed. Hotel is located in a low-income area but there are lots of coffee shops and restaurants around, as well as a convenience store on the next block. It is a safe neighbourhood and one need not worry about walking alone. The only complaint was the weather but we can't blame that on the hotel.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015