All hotels in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
190 Smith Street, Winnipeg, MB, R3C1J8, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"room was nice, service was bad"
undergoing construction, the room was nice. however the service was sub par. first night felt like there was an earthquake at 5am. things were rattling on the table. staff didn't seem to care. then dropped off some dry cleaning. they misplaced it, no one seemed to know what was going on. finally found it, had to come back at a later time as I had meetings. at this point, if you are going to comp something, $12 on a dry clean would be appropriate. nothing.
3 night business trip Jul 20, 2015
"Beyond expected luxury!"
This was a surprise. We got an entire suite in the downtown area of Winnipeg. The luxury and comfort made our stay memorable and we'd recommend it to anyone.
4 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
vivien
"Roomy"
A nice big suite on the fringe of the entertainment district. Breakfast the weak point and nowhere much to eat breakfast nearby.
1 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
Geoffrey
"Nice in Winnepeg"
Great Hotel, Great room housekeeping a little sketchy when it came to taking out old glasses and restocking towels. Great bed, the room itself was totally great. I would recommend this hotel and I would definitely stay again.
3 night business trip Jun 4, 2015
"Great location! Good value"
I arrived on the train and had an easy walk to the hotel. It is centrally located and just a stroll to the baseball park, hockey arena, casino and other attractions. The room was large and very comfortable. Don't let the price scare you. Think value!
2 night trip Apr 16, 2015
"World Cup Soccer Visit."
The city of Winnipeg and your Hotel made our trip to World Cup Soccer very "special". We hope to return in the future.
6 night trip Jun 7, 2015
Janet
"great place to relax"
I went with a friend to see the Women's World Cup matches in Winnipeg. We stayed in another hotel the first two nights (for about the same price) and then went to the Place Louis Riel. What a difference! The hotel has a workout room, very friendly staff, and great service. Out room included a small kitchen which was extra helpful as we could prepare small meals there.
3 night trip with friends Jun 13, 2015
ruth
The hotel was great. Good location to downtown Winnipeg and close to the Forks area. Walkable to the main attractions of the city. The staff was incredibly friendly and welcoming. Note, the front desk can exchange currency up to $500USD for guests. My credit card was flagged for fraud (apparently common in Canada) but exchanging currency at the hotel was helpful. The room was clean and pleasant. I ordered breakfast one morning and it was ok. Not the best, but helpful to have as an option. Overall, if I were in Winnipeg again, I would stay here.
3 night trip Jun 13, 2015
kayla
"Great for five"
Great suite for family of five. Very convenient to many things downtown.
5 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
"Pleasant Stay"
I've stayed here a number of occasions and again, it didn't disappoint. Front desk staff are courteous and helpful, the lobby area is professional and the rooms are comfortable and clean.
1 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
heather
"Inside great!! Outside not-so-much!"
Possibly the best hotel that I've been to in a year plus. King bed was super comfy!. Only knocks were the breakfast buffet ($12.00) is only M-F. I was there sat. night. ( to see Jersey Boys).They and other downtown hotels had a security guard in the lobby as there are some dirty unemployed types walking the general area. The door is locked in the evening; got to buzz in. Also you can walk to Portage Ave. and catch a city bus to airport for $2.60! Bus #15. runs about every 24 mins. takes about half hour.
1 night trip May 30, 2015
"Modern Hotel, but needs to update beds"
Great hotel with modern décor. The only complaint I have is how uncomfortable the beds were. Felt like I was laying on a board.
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
"Great business hotel for saving money"
Stayed for business because location is convenient and price is hard to beat.
2 night business trip May 12, 2015
"New #1"
Pleasantly surprised when I couldn't get into my first hotel choice. Very comfortable and pleasant helpful staff.
3 night business trip May 12, 2015
"Good Hotel"
Here on business, nice hotel
2 night business trip May 4, 2015
"Nice Time"
Enjoyed the stay there. Got woke up at 4am due to a fire alarm but otherwise it was a pleasant experience.
1 night trip Apr 29, 2015
"Not bad"
Not bad for the money. Nice staff good location clean room
1 night romance trip Apr 20, 2015
Jeffrey
"Not the upscale feel....."
I guess I was expecting more from a hotel rated 4+ stars and excellent. It was older and under renovation in the lobby area. The carpet throughout was older and the room decor felt sparse and not very inviting. It was very clean however. I'm not a picky type of person, but I didn't get what I was expecting, which was a more upscale type of hotel. If you're looking for a clean, utilitarian suite this would be satisfactory for you. The hotel staff was helpful, but I wouldn't go as far as saying very friendly and inviting. We had a fire alarm go off at 3 AM where everyone went down to the lobby. It surely wasn't their fault, but there were no apologies from staff. They were basically invisible. I was sorely disappointed with the restaurant and bar. The breakfast we had did the job of filling our stomachs, but it is not a place you'd like to go to enjoy a nice dinner or drink. Very sparse and lacking atmosphere. The girl working there however was a sweetie.
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
Janet
"Great hotel close to all the options downtown"
Great room, had a full kitchen and a separate bedroom.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
This is the second time that we've stayed here. It's very clean and quiet. I will continue staying here, when in Winnipeg.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
Kerrill
"Nice, clean, big rooms. Very comfortable."
I enjoyed staying at the PLR. The room was very big, had a very comfortable king sized bed and great (soft) pillows. There was a nice lounge area with a smallish TV. The to had a nice kitchenette, bathroom was plenty big, and really couldn't ask for more for the ~110 a night. Taxis in seconds, as UniCity Taxi has a stand right outside. Will likely stay here again when I come back to Winnipeg.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
"Near the center."
Room had a strange odor which could not figure out where was coming from. Either cooking odor from previous guests or cleaning materials or something. I think after 2-3 days either I got used to it or it went away.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
I was amazed how clean and spacious the suites are and very warm. I would stay their again. Liza was amazing and very pleasant.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"Nice hotel and very close to the MTS Center"
The beds were very comfortable compared to other better know chain hotels, maybe they should come and see what a nice bed really is. Hate spending cash on a nice hotel only to be sleeping on a brick.
Cliff
"More of stuff"
There should be more than 2 plates in the suite. More cups and cutlery.
10 night business trip Jan 27, 2015
Great place to stay in the downtown area of Winnipeg.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Good solid accommodation with kitchenette"
Staff at check-in were very pleasant. The room had a kitchenette and a comfortable king bed. Hotel is located in a low-income area but there are lots of coffee shops and restaurants around, as well as a convenience store on the next block. It is a safe neighbourhood and one need not worry about walking alone. The only complaint was the weather but we can't blame that on the hotel.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
Arnie
"Nice hotel in downtown Winnepeg."
The hotel was nice, but the restaurant/bar was not well-placed, and hence the downgrade from 5 to 4. While it was not well placed, it was acceptable, and the staff at both the hotel and bar was good. Also, parking charges when I checked-out. The parking charges were not explained in advance, but what are you going to do when you're trying to catch a flight - fight over $20? All-in-all the facilities were very nice, the views of the city was nice, and the staff went out of their way to be helpful. Thanks for the visit.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Very good value for the price"
Hotel was very nice for the price paid! A cup of coffee and two bottles of water were included as well.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
"Experience"
Easy access, very comfortable room. Restaurant really makes some great meals. Dine in or out(your room) . I felt really at home and will be saden when the Hotel to Apartment conversion is completed. Of course it has been talked about for some time.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
RJ
"Conference"
It was an excellent experience. Was apprehensive not being familiar with the hotel chain, but my stay was most comfortable. We got value for money, hotel close to shopping, dining and bus and taxi. In the heart of activities, Thanks Expedia you made the stay in Canada most enjoyable.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
"Perfect hotel for a concert at MTS Centet."
Beautiful view from room. Close to MTS Center. Clean and comfortable. Good value for the money.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Minnesotan
"It is just ok..."
Staff was fine, rooms very clean and well kept. Restaurant was way to expensive. Well located for our event at MTS center. Nothing stood out though, just OK.
D
"Service usually great; not this time."
I always stay at this Hotel when I am in Winnipeg to visit my daughter. Usually service is fantastic; this was the first time I had staff knocked on my door, while I was getting ready in the morning, to ask if I needed anything. Of course, it took me by surprise and I had to quick look around to see what I had used that needed replaced. The following morning I didn't have coffee or sweetner or clean towels......I've never had this happen during previous stays. Maybe they were short staffed that day?
2 night family trip Oct 27, 2014
kim
"Fairly easy to get to and from ..."
Our rooms were delightful had comfortable furniture . The staff really went out of their way to help us ,,always friendly and caring !!!
3 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2014
RuthAnnGossen
"Spacious and reasonably priced"
I was very pleased with PLRs 2 room suite. We had a bedroom with 2 double beds and a living room with a pullout sleeper sofa. The kitchen was a great convenience. Housekeeping did a great job for too. I had a problem with inexperienced desk staff that could not answer questions about the area and did not know how to charge a room to Discover card We also had a problem with electronic keys that would work for a day and then stop.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
Sue
"Excellent hotel. We could walk anywhere."
Once we found it it was great. Right down town so of course, we had trouble getting to it. Not hard once we knew where it was. Excellent location as we didn't need to move our car the whole time we were there.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Clean and confortable"
We really liked this hotel. There were even enough pillows for each of us and we like firm pillows and a body pillow. The air conditioning was a little wonky but it is fall so it could be that everyone else is in heating mode now. We loved being able to enjoy wine and cheese in our room - they even had wine glasses in the cupboards. Bring your own corkscrew/opener though. Loved this place! We stayed two nights and hung the do not disturb sign so our room was left alone and not serviced during our stay...which is what we wanted.
2 night romance trip Sep 19, 2014
Shannon
"this hotel has been under renovation since 2013"
Hotel Complimentary Wifi connection was very epileptic throughout my stay. Have to call the front desk severally on this. The hotel hasn't got pool and parking is charged at $11 per night
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
Nelson
"Hotel Stay"
Overall the hotel was fine. Clean and comfortable. The issues I had with our stay was the refrigerator did not work, but maintenance was quick in getting it fixed. There is also an $11 a day parking fee.
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
We arrived late in Winnipeg, after dark, and the general neighborhood seemed a little suspect but by day proved to be fine. Check in went smoothly as did getting unloaded and the car parked. Being in the business district, the hotel is convenient to a downtown Starbucks and full service market. The room was quite large due to the full service kitchen which we really didn't make use of. Construction on the 23rd floor made elevator service inconvenient. Our stay was comfortable (we were in the hotel only to sleep), and overall, satisfactory.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Very Impressive Updated Older Hotel!!"
I booked the hotel for a surprise anniversary weekend with my wife. I had never been to this hotel, but it was a good price and the pictures looked decent. Decent was an understatement! Our suite had a king size bed (amazing mattress), full kitchen with granite countertops, full size fridge, sink, nice new cabinets, a beautiful bathroom with a nice tub and shower, same granite countertops, and the entire room was absolutely spotless.......... Very quick effortless check-in, and check out. The front desk staff could tell us all about different restaurants and lounges within a 2 block radius of the hotel including the time they closed.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Tyler
"Nice hotel, noce location"
Nice hotel, nice location, really like the complete kitchen and the size of the room
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Convenient to The Forts"
Room recently updated but hotel in general was pretty plain. Room was comfortable and roomy with kitchen - and was quiet. Air conditioner did not blow on the bed and there was a small window that we could open for fresh air so inside environment was pretty good. Parking is an $11 add-on but it had in and out privileges so worked out well when we had to drive to see some of the sights. Other reviews mention neighborhood is not great and we found that to be somewhat true so from experience, we suggest staying on Smith when going north and south and avoiding next block to east. Hotel staff gave us directions to walk south to Broadway from the hotel - and Broadway area is pretty nice.
2 night family trip Aug 2, 2014
"Wonderful hotel!"
Wonderful weekend including our stay here. Very helpful and accomodating staff! Bed was very comfortable!
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Handy location in the city"
Enjoyed using the kitchenette for food prep. Bed was comfy.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"Need fitted sheets"
I liked the hotel-clean, quiet, beautiful kitchen-but being a restless sleeper, I ended up on the bare mattress several times. GET SOME FITTED SHEETS. Join the 21st century. Keep your guests sleeping well. That is your main job.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
anon
"Excellent choice"
My compliments to the innkeepers!
4 night trip Jun 24, 2014
WMB
"Great suite room"
We had a wonderful, spacious suite room with a king bed and pull-out sofabed. The room itself was beautiful but the entrance and lobby area of the hotel weren't as nice as I was expecting for the price. Front-desk service left a bit to be desired, as we were never told we had to validate our parking ticket inside and missed the sign in the lot, so we had to go get the ticket and bring it back in the morning. Being in the center of town near the market, I had hoped for a better view, but just faced the wall of a nondescript next-door office building.
1 night trip Jun 16, 2014
"Very Nice"
I thought it was awesome. We only stayed for one night.. They should tell you on the website it is a $200 deposit,..which they give you that back if you dont destroy the room. It was very nice. Looked like a little apartment
1 night trip May 25, 2014