All hotels in Groton, Connecticut, United States of America
156 Kings Hwy, Groton, CT, 06340, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9225

2.9
"Comfortable"
The room was really nice except TV Service. It should be remodeled by now. Otherwise, we have no complaints. Continental breakfast was pretty good. Some type of meat should have been served ex. bacon, sausage, or ham.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Naomi
"Disgusting!"
My Fiance and I went to stay overnight since we were going to Mohegan Sun. Found the Ramada and thought that it would be ok. He really wanted to go swimming so we brought our suits. I think we would have contracted a disease from the pool. The entire 1st floor of the hotel smelled like POT and the room was oh so romantic (enter sarcasm) The carpets looked like they have not been cleaned/updated since 1950 we were afraid to take off our socks. We were given a quite and the "living room" area has mismatched funiture and a TUBE TV that barley worked. The heater looked like it was going to fall off of the wall and it was very drafty. The bathroom was the only part of the room that we were not scared of.
Meg
"romantic getaway"
Very nice and spacious. Only bad thing was parking sucked
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
"Bad Vibes!"
To start off on a positive note - I was extremely grateful that hotels.com was able to work with Ramada to accomodate me the day of my stay and change it to 2/7 due to my son getting sick. We arrive at the hotel,welcomed by 2 police cruisers.. police are escorting a man in handcuffs..so negative check mark#1. Erick-omewhat friendly,made sure to point out my name stood out since they accomodated me instead of charging me for it and that hotels.com still owed him $ for it.. negative check mark#2! Rooms were ok - hotel was kinda sketchy to get to the pool. Pool was dingy looking, didnt even smell of clorine.. then had to trot back to the front to ask for towels.. and we couldnt even find the sauna.. We did come across food being shopped ina dark bottom floor room - we did not have breakfast nor go near the restaurant. Negative Check Mark#3 And the cherry ontop... at 1045am a knock on the door.. Housekeeping.. we were just finshing packing up to leave.. at 1055am a louder knock - HOUSEKEEPING - we were barely out the door when they were in the room.. the hallway was now cluttered with the barrels with the linens which made it hard to walk thru with the luggage NEGATIVE CHECK MARK#4 - OVERALL - Horrible stay, I could not even sleep even though the bed was comfortable and clean.. Just gave me bad vibes being there..
1 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2015
Evelyn
"Good value for the money"
A good place to stay before a concert at Mohegan sun
1 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
Laurence
"Decent hotel"
good receptionist
1 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2015
"Disappointed."
We had 2 rooms, one there was no blanket anywheres, just a sheet. We went to pool area, and hot tub wasn't working properly. In the middle of the night there were kids running down the hall and people talking very loudly. The hotel is clean. This was the 2nd time staying here, but this time we were a little disappointed.
1 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
"Hotel Amenities"
The one thing that was really disapponting was the kids were really looking forward to go swimming in there pool unfortunately it was sooooo dirty even they wouldnt go in it was a total turn off!!
2 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
Cheryl
"clean and comfy"
although the hotel was older, the room was clean and the bed was very comfy...I enjoyed the refrigerator and microwave being included, the pool was a nice touch...the staff was lovely
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
"Overall an OK place to stay."
We stayed here as we had an event at Foxwoods. Erich, who was working the desk, was fabulous! Friendly and helpful. The breakfast was ok. The beds are very firm. I would put another sink in the bathroom as opposed to just having in the room. The room is dated but it was clean. Overall an OK place to stay.
2 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
Jacqueline
"Little things count"
Alarm clock did not work. Fridge did not work. The hot tub barely worked. Room was nice but other than that not impressed
1 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
"privacy and comfort"
A nice abd, quiet place to stay... very comfortable and affordable
1 night romance trip Jan 18, 2015
Carlos
"Feeling rejeuvanated"
Definitely enjoyed this little get away with my husband and our two children. We felt completely rejeuvanated. The staff were exceptionally nice, the beds were super comfortable. And my daughter enjoyed the pool! My only complaint was the hot tub. There was a lot of hair in it and it turned me right off. Hair floating, and hairs on the sides of it.
1 night family trip Jan 19, 2015
"need to update pictures"
toilet didnt flush,hot tub in pool area gross and had the same hair floating around both days there. tv controllers didnt work. smells like the carpet was wet one too many times.
2 night romance trip Jan 18, 2015
"satisfied"
we came for a concert at Mohegan Sun. Your hotel is very convenient and the price is right. we have stayed here before. Staff have always been very pleasant.
1 night family trip Jan 18, 2015
"Just an ok hotel."
Our overall stay was pretty good. The only thing that hotel needs is to be newly renovated. It just looks too old.
Edmond
"Ramada Grotom"
It was clean, comfortable and convenient.
"STINK BUG!!!!"
When I walked in the desk attendant was on the other side of a glass and claimed to have not see me walk in after I stood there for 5mins watching him look at me. I was in plain sight and it was a window not a wall. When we reached the room there was water damage to the ceiling. The hotel and room itself was just outdated. The worse part of all had to be while I was sitting watching tv I felt something crawling on me and when I looked down there was a stink bug. Ew!Oh it gets worse. My boyfriend gets rid of it only for another to come out crawling on the wall. Speak of mortifiedmortified. Needless to say I got no sleep and I will never be staying there again.
1 night romance trip Jan 15, 2015
"clean and comfortable for a good price"
needed a stay over while seeing a concert. the room was a bit worn but clean and comfortable. the bed,sheets and pillows were very comfortable and clean. i would go again. we ate at china kitchen across the street and a place a few minutes away called "the spot" its a hidden jem.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"Great for overnight stay!"
Great staff convenient location comfortable n very clean room. Would stay again.
1 night trip Jan 12, 2015
Nichole
"good value"
The room served its purpose to sleep relax and shower. It wasn't modern but well kept for the value. Old style tv had to shake wires to get the snow to go away on screen. There breakfast buffet was comparable to others we have been to. Waffles and French toast were frozen not fresh. Hot food was scrambled eggs. Overall food was good. For the price I would stay again.
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
"I'll be back."
Third time staying here and they,ve made some updates. Comfortable rooms and the staff was very good.Good value. Plan to stay again on for our annual event.
3 night business trip Jan 7, 2015
Maria
"Great price"
I wasn't overly impressed when I drove up, the outside could stand to be renovated but the room itself was not horrible. It was cleanly and warm and the bed was comfortable at a very reasonable price. Overall, it wasn't that bad and served its purpose for my business trip.
4 night business trip Jan 5, 2015
Ebony
"Worth the $!!!"
It was nice everything worked in the room .Thats always a plus. Front desk was very friendly
2 night trip with friends Jan 1, 2015
"Great and afordable"
Close to the casinos and right off RT95
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"great find"
Excellent stay overall. Only disappointment was the jacuzzi was not up to temp. Staff and rooms were excellent.
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
"Best hotel I've stayed at in the area so far"
I've stayed at several motels in CT while visiting the casinos, and this was the best so far. I received all of the accommodations I requested -- first floor room with accessible bathroom. I didn't have to ask for anything because everything we needed was already in the room -- fridge, microwave, shower chair, iron and ironing board. And the Indian restaurant attached to the hotel has a great lunch buffet for a good price with a10% discount if you're a guest. I would recommend to others, and will be returning in the future. Only one drawback: toilet water pressure could be stronger.
3 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
"Low budget"
I paid more because it was New Years Eve, so maybe I expected the hotel to be worth the price. First of all , entire hall reeked strongly of smoke both when we arrived and in the morning ( I had a non smoking room in this hall). Smoke smell old and stale-likely present for a long time. Bed extremely uncomfortable, and I'm not that picky. Radiator so noisy we had to shut it off. Hotel restaurant was Indian food. Smell of curry surrounding hotel is overwhelming, but this may be personal preference. It is better than the smoke filled nonsmoking hallways, however.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
rgg
"Old hotel needs updating"
The hotel was old and in need of an update. Our room was very strange I think it was supposed to be a suite, it had an attached room with very old furniture and a very old tv, just bizarre. However the room was clean enough to sleep in and surprisingly not smelly because of its age. Now the huge let down was breakfast. First it was in the basement just weird felt like we were in a movie or something. Second I watched the employee heat up the scrambled eggs, that came in a large bag, in the microwave! So gross not that I was gonna stay and eat anything anyway but that was weird. All in all I'm all set with 3 star hotels. Looks like I'll be spending more on hotels from now on.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Molly
"Nice hotel w/ great restaurant."
Stayed here after day at Foxwoods. Easy 20 minute drive. Very friendly and helpful staff. Fabulous Indian restaurant with Irish bar (and pool table) a short walk from front lobby. Nice clean room with fridge and microwave in room. Highly recommend. We'll be back. :-)
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Robin
"Never again"
Tv cable was pulled out of tv I had to fix if to watch TV. Floor was dirty and looked like it had not been vacuumed. Toilet seat was broken and the refrigerator made loud noise all night making it hard to sleep. The staf was very friendly and helpful. I stayed only one night and then went to another hotel.
Response by Ramada Groton
Dear Anonymous..Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for your complimentary words regarding our staff. We were disappointed to hear that your stay was not an enjoyable one. The issues you addressed have been forwarded to the appropriate staff for review and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations of us. Thank you again for your review.
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
"Ramada met expectations"
We stayed one night. It was a convenient location for us, the service was quick and efficient(including bringing us a crib), and the room was more than adequate for our needs. I would have liked to see more fruit and protein options and less bread and sugar at the breakfast.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Not bad for the price"
Visit for our sons graduation from sub base, all I can say is you get what you pay for.
Response by Ramada Groton
Dear Teresita...Thank you very much for taking time to share a review of your stay with us. In regards to your comment "Not bad for the price," we always try and provide our guests a clean and comfortable stay at a friendly rate and we are, as you know, only a quick drive to the sub base. Thank you again for your feedback...it is greatly appreciated and hopefully we'll see you again the next time you are in the area.
2 night family trip Dec 11, 2014
teresita
"Ordinary"
Very limited breakfast selection; fruit was not fresh; No breakfast meat on breakfast menu; Room was not well heated; Staff was very polite and attentive to any questions or concerns. Overall rating on a scale of 1 to 5 would be a 3.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
Rodney
"good, quality needs minor improvements"
Comfy bed, spacious room. No fitted sheet on the mattress, we woke up to exposed mattress, maybe they ran out of fitted sheets for the weekend. Didn't know it until going to bed late at night and too tired to get changed. Other than that we enjoyed our stay.
Response by Ramada Groton
Dear Sara...Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. Our beds are, indeed, comfortable. We appreciate your feedback regarding the fitted sheets and hope to see you again the next time you are in the area. Thanks again for the review!
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
Sara
"Quaint"
Nice staff, clean but old. Loved the Indian food restaurant
Response by Ramada Groton
Dear Anonymous...Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us and for your kind words regarding our staff. We work towards ensuring each and every guest's expectations of us are met and it is satisfying to hear that in your case, we did so. Glad to hear you also enjoyed the restaurant. Hopefully we will see you again for another stay with us the next time you are in the area. Thank you again for the review!
3 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
"would stay again"
i stayed at Ramada with my husband and mother and father, the rooms were very clean and bed comfortable. Did not use the amenities at the hotel, but it was nice they were offered. The neighbor hood was nice and quiet.
Response by Ramada Groton
Dear Anonymous...Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We were happy to hear it was a good one. Thank you also for your comments regarding our rooms being clean and the beds comfortable...we hope you will return and visit us again the next time you're in the area. Thanks again for the review!
3 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"One of the best"
I've been there so many times and I love it
Response by Ramada Groton
Dear Marvin...Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are happy to hear you had a good stay. Thanks also for your repeat visits. It is always rewarding to see our guests return for additional visits...it means we are meeting your expectations of us. Hope to see you again the next time you're in the area and thanks again for the review!
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
Marvin
"One night stay"
Staff is very friendly. Free breakfast needs an upgrade. Toater did not work.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
Jorge
"Only Adequate"
This is a "dingy" motel.
Response by Ramada Groton
Dear Anonymous...Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We are sorry we did not meet your expectations of us and hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a great stay. Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.
1 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
"Great value for price"
Awesome value for what you pay. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was a standard continental but was decent. No issues at all would definitely recommend to a friend.
"Indoor pool"
Roach found in room and weird that no bathroom sink was in bathroom, but sink was in room near main door to room.
"Decent hotel near the Naval Base."
We rented a room for 2 nights prior to our moving away from Groton. We got a king size room and were very happy with it. It was spacious and clean and very affordable. My only complain is the hallways smelled very smoky. I would recommend this hotel.
"Good for an overnight."
The hotel is old, but the room was clean and pleasant. The staff were helpful and friendly. It's a good deal for the traveller who needs a decent bed for the night.
It was what I expected for the money paid. Was a little disappointed that I did not get the smoking room I requested. And the Breakfast could have been better.
"A Good Stay."
Went to visit a friend in Groton. This Hotel was easy on easy off to the highway. The Indian Restaurant was very handy and good. The room was cozy and comfortable. Very pet friendly. Quiet. The staff was helpful and happy. Nice grounds, but still centerally located to grocery/shopping. I had a very pleasent stay, and would recomend this Hotel.
Response by Ramada Groton
Dear Marcy...Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us and for recommending us. We are, as you said, centrally located to area attractions and always try and provide our guests with a comfortable stay at a good rate. We were glad to hear you enjoyed yourself and hope to see you again the next time you are in the area. Thanks again for the review!
2 night trip with friends Oct 19, 2014
Marcy
"Wonderful and clean!"
The hotel staff was the best I've ever encountered. He was friendly and personable. We then went up to our room which I found to be absolutely stunning. We bought a room with a King Size bed which was very comfortable and the room was spotless. Best Hotel stay I've had in a long time.
Response by Ramada Groton
Dear Jillian...Thank you very much for your kind words regarding our friendly staff and the quality of your room. We do our best to provide each and every guest a great stay at a decent rate and we were glad to hear you enjoyed yourself. We hope the next time you are in the area, you will stay with us again. Thanks again!
1 night family trip Nov 13, 2014
Jillian
"Great Stay!"
It was a wonderful stay! The front desk gentleman was very informative and polite. Also saw him checking the parking lot at night which made me feel even more safe. Rooms were clean, bed and pillows were extremely comfy! My grandson had a blast in the pool! Overall, very satisfied and this will be the only hotel I will stay at when I go to Groton, which is @10x/year!
Response by Ramada Groton
Dear Elizabeth...Thank you very much for taking the time to share a review of your stay with us. We were happy to hear you and your grandson had a wonderful stay and enjoyed our indoor heated pool. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
"OK for $$"
Staff was very friendly
Response by Ramada Groton
Dear Melinda...Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for your kind words regarding our staff. We always work towards providing our guests a good stay at a decent rate. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area. Thanks again for the review!
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
MELINDA
"Yes and no"
Everything was fine. The only negative is that someone tried to enter my room illegally at night - 3 times the door was tried to see if it were open. Thank heavens it was locked. Also happened to the maintenance man the same evening. Only one person at the front desk, and a separate back entrance slightly out of sight of the receptionist. Other than that, perfect.
2 night trip with friends Oct 27, 2014