All hotels in Groton, Connecticut, United States of America
156 Kings Hwy, Groton, CT, 06340, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9225

2.9
"dirty,dirty,dirty hotel stay away."
rooms very dirty, breakfast was very disappointing ,house keeping did not vacuum room,did not change bed sheets,best bet right across the street is a days inn that is better.
3 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
keith
"Gross"
I read that its wasn't too bad. The sheets had blood and other things on them, utterly gross. Thank God I only stayed there with my kids forone night. Never again!
1 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
"Not a place to relax or enjoy yourself"
The front desk person was nice enough, but that in no way made up for the barking dog across the hallway from my room. Upon arrival it quickly became apparent that I would get no rest on my business trip at this hotel. The room was dated and worn and not a comforting atmosphere. Every time anybody walked up and down the hallway outside of my room, a dog somewhere across the hallway would bark loudly for a couple of minutes. This hotel advertises a bar and restaurant, and it is not a lie, there is a bar and restaurant, but the restaurant is "authentic Indian cuisine" and the smell of curry permeates the restaurant and surrounding area in the hotel. The bar is located in this restaurant, so you can't even go into the bar and enjoy some libation without yourself becoming coated in this spicy odor. Although I had already booked and paid for this hotel through Expedia, I still decided to find and pay for other lodging for my stay. Luckily, while I was at Foxwood's Casino I asked them if they had a room available and they did and I stayed there for the night and returned to the Ramada the next morning to retrieve my belongings. At this time I informed the front desk that I had not even used the room because of the unacceptable conditions. They apologized and said that I should have informed them of the barking dog. Oh well, lesson learned..............DO NOT STAY HERE.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
Hooch
"OK for the price"
The hotel looked clean, it had a cigarette odor in the hallway. Room was OK the stopper in the bathtub didn't work it kept closing which made it difficult to shower you had to keep letting the water out. The pool was cute it was shallow and the kids loved it, there were however huge stinkbugs in the pool room.
2 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
"recommended"
We stayed so we could go to Foxwoods for the weekend. We had a very good time and the hotel staff was very accomodating. We would stay there again.
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
"Be warned"
One night stay while visiting casinos. Room was noisy all night, partying in the hallways. It was a rainy night and dish network was inoperable. Internet nearly impossible to access and when connected, slow as can be. Breakfast was included, but I wouldn't really call it breakfast, more continental, breads and juices. You get what you pay for and luckily we didn't pay a lot for this room, we won't be back
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
"Nice and family oriented"
Pleasantly surprise. Nice
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Victor
"OK"
The room was small but usable. The bathroom could be bigger. The free "breakfast" left a lot to be desired.
2 night trip Mar 7, 2015
thomas
"Descent stay"
it was worth the price
1 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
NAPOLEN
"Can't beat the cost, comfort or convenience."
Hotel is convenient to casinos, restaurants, etc. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable. The food at the Indian restaurant on premises was delish! I will be staying there again. Can't beat it for the price/location.
2 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
"Great place"
The room was very nice and clean. I would definitely stay there again. The staff was very helpful and pleasant.
1 night trip Feb 19, 2015
Joanne
"You get what you pay for"
I had the pleasure to stay at the Ramada Inn in Groton Connecticut. The description on the website made it sound like it was a great place with awesome amenities for a low low price. I checked in and was quickly given my room key. I asked about the sauna and was told it had been out of order for months (Oh well). The pool looked to be I bad shape as well. I didn't bother swimming. Also, the cable was in and out during my stay and the WiFi was unbearably slow. For the price I paid, I am not entirely disappointed.
2 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
Davin
"nr"
Overnight stay was fine, room was very clean but hotel is in disrepair and needs some fixing up.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
"Great rate at $50"
Female Maid was surly. Pool was a little dirty too.
3 night family trip Feb 16, 2015
chris
"A big disappointment..."
We couldn't open our room door, it was jammed every time...The hallway smelled funky.. The walls were thin, you could hear everything. It was so noisy, the kids were running down the hall way up and down the stairs.. We didn't sleep good because it was loud. The toilet wasn't stable, it rocked back and fourth. The bed was very comfortable and room was warm..
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
"To many problems"
Booked a suite was told I would have a jacuzzi in room and did not. Jacuzzi next to pool was out of service. Sauna was broken. Wifi did not reach our room.. Tv went in and out of signal.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
pete
Bed was kind of uncomfortable but everything seemed clean. Lobby smelled every time I went up there, though. Pool looked like it was not kept up to par. Restaurant/bar in the hotel was awesome, though.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Comfortable"
The room was really nice except TV Service. It should be remodeled by now. Otherwise, we have no complaints. Continental breakfast was pretty good. Some type of meat should have been served ex. bacon, sausage, or ham.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Naomi
"Disgusting!"
My Fiance and I went to stay overnight since we were going to Mohegan Sun. Found the Ramada and thought that it would be ok. He really wanted to go swimming so we brought our suits. I think we would have contracted a disease from the pool. The entire 1st floor of the hotel smelled like POT and the room was oh so romantic (enter sarcasm) The carpets looked like they have not been cleaned/updated since 1950 we were afraid to take off our socks. We were given a quite and the "living room" area has mismatched funiture and a TUBE TV that barley worked. The heater looked like it was going to fall off of the wall and it was very drafty. The bathroom was the only part of the room that we were not scared of.
Meg
"romantic getaway"
Very nice and spacious. Only bad thing was parking sucked
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
"Bad Vibes!"
To start off on a positive note - I was extremely grateful that hotels.com was able to work with Ramada to accomodate me the day of my stay and change it to 2/7 due to my son getting sick. We arrive at the hotel,welcomed by 2 police cruisers.. police are escorting a man in handcuffs..so negative check mark#1. Erick-omewhat friendly,made sure to point out my name stood out since they accomodated me instead of charging me for it and that hotels.com still owed him $ for it.. negative check mark#2! Rooms were ok - hotel was kinda sketchy to get to the pool. Pool was dingy looking, didnt even smell of clorine.. then had to trot back to the front to ask for towels.. and we couldnt even find the sauna.. We did come across food being shopped ina dark bottom floor room - we did not have breakfast nor go near the restaurant. Negative Check Mark#3 And the cherry ontop... at 1045am a knock on the door.. Housekeeping.. we were just finshing packing up to leave.. at 1055am a louder knock - HOUSEKEEPING - we were barely out the door when they were in the room.. the hallway was now cluttered with the barrels with the linens which made it hard to walk thru with the luggage NEGATIVE CHECK MARK#4 - OVERALL - Horrible stay, I could not even sleep even though the bed was comfortable and clean.. Just gave me bad vibes being there..
1 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2015
Evelyn
"Good value for the money"
A good place to stay before a concert at Mohegan sun
1 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
Laurence
"Decent hotel"
good receptionist
1 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2015
"Disappointed."
We had 2 rooms, one there was no blanket anywheres, just a sheet. We went to pool area, and hot tub wasn't working properly. In the middle of the night there were kids running down the hall and people talking very loudly. The hotel is clean. This was the 2nd time staying here, but this time we were a little disappointed.
1 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
"Hotel Amenities"
The one thing that was really disapponting was the kids were really looking forward to go swimming in there pool unfortunately it was sooooo dirty even they wouldnt go in it was a total turn off!!
2 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
Cheryl
"clean and comfy"
although the hotel was older, the room was clean and the bed was very comfy...I enjoyed the refrigerator and microwave being included, the pool was a nice touch...the staff was lovely
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
"Overall an OK place to stay."
We stayed here as we had an event at Foxwoods. Erich, who was working the desk, was fabulous! Friendly and helpful. The breakfast was ok. The beds are very firm. I would put another sink in the bathroom as opposed to just having in the room. The room is dated but it was clean. Overall an OK place to stay.
2 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
Jacqueline
"Little things count"
Alarm clock did not work. Fridge did not work. The hot tub barely worked. Room was nice but other than that not impressed
1 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
"privacy and comfort"
A nice abd, quiet place to stay... very comfortable and affordable
1 night romance trip Jan 18, 2015
Carlos
"Feeling rejeuvanated"
Definitely enjoyed this little get away with my husband and our two children. We felt completely rejeuvanated. The staff were exceptionally nice, the beds were super comfortable. And my daughter enjoyed the pool! My only complaint was the hot tub. There was a lot of hair in it and it turned me right off. Hair floating, and hairs on the sides of it.
1 night family trip Jan 19, 2015
"need to update pictures"
toilet didnt flush,hot tub in pool area gross and had the same hair floating around both days there. tv controllers didnt work. smells like the carpet was wet one too many times.
2 night romance trip Jan 18, 2015
"satisfied"
we came for a concert at Mohegan Sun. Your hotel is very convenient and the price is right. we have stayed here before. Staff have always been very pleasant.
1 night family trip Jan 18, 2015
"Just an ok hotel."
Our overall stay was pretty good. The only thing that hotel needs is to be newly renovated. It just looks too old.
Edmond
"Ramada Grotom"
It was clean, comfortable and convenient.
"STINK BUG!!!!"
When I walked in the desk attendant was on the other side of a glass and claimed to have not see me walk in after I stood there for 5mins watching him look at me. I was in plain sight and it was a window not a wall. When we reached the room there was water damage to the ceiling. The hotel and room itself was just outdated. The worse part of all had to be while I was sitting watching tv I felt something crawling on me and when I looked down there was a stink bug. Ew!Oh it gets worse. My boyfriend gets rid of it only for another to come out crawling on the wall. Speak of mortifiedmortified. Needless to say I got no sleep and I will never be staying there again.
1 night romance trip Jan 15, 2015
"clean and comfortable for a good price"
needed a stay over while seeing a concert. the room was a bit worn but clean and comfortable. the bed,sheets and pillows were very comfortable and clean. i would go again. we ate at china kitchen across the street and a place a few minutes away called "the spot" its a hidden jem.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"Great for overnight stay!"
Great staff convenient location comfortable n very clean room. Would stay again.
1 night trip Jan 12, 2015
Nichole
"good value"
The room served its purpose to sleep relax and shower. It wasn't modern but well kept for the value. Old style tv had to shake wires to get the snow to go away on screen. There breakfast buffet was comparable to others we have been to. Waffles and French toast were frozen not fresh. Hot food was scrambled eggs. Overall food was good. For the price I would stay again.
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
"I'll be back."
Third time staying here and they,ve made some updates. Comfortable rooms and the staff was very good.Good value. Plan to stay again on for our annual event.
3 night business trip Jan 7, 2015
Maria
"Great price"
I wasn't overly impressed when I drove up, the outside could stand to be renovated but the room itself was not horrible. It was cleanly and warm and the bed was comfortable at a very reasonable price. Overall, it wasn't that bad and served its purpose for my business trip.
4 night business trip Jan 5, 2015
Ebony
"Worth the $!!!"
It was nice everything worked in the room .Thats always a plus. Front desk was very friendly
2 night trip with friends Jan 1, 2015
"Great and afordable"
Close to the casinos and right off RT95
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"great find"
Excellent stay overall. Only disappointment was the jacuzzi was not up to temp. Staff and rooms were excellent.
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
"Best hotel I've stayed at in the area so far"
I've stayed at several motels in CT while visiting the casinos, and this was the best so far. I received all of the accommodations I requested -- first floor room with accessible bathroom. I didn't have to ask for anything because everything we needed was already in the room -- fridge, microwave, shower chair, iron and ironing board. And the Indian restaurant attached to the hotel has a great lunch buffet for a good price with a10% discount if you're a guest. I would recommend to others, and will be returning in the future. Only one drawback: toilet water pressure could be stronger.
3 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
"Low budget"
I paid more because it was New Years Eve, so maybe I expected the hotel to be worth the price. First of all , entire hall reeked strongly of smoke both when we arrived and in the morning ( I had a non smoking room in this hall). Smoke smell old and stale-likely present for a long time. Bed extremely uncomfortable, and I'm not that picky. Radiator so noisy we had to shut it off. Hotel restaurant was Indian food. Smell of curry surrounding hotel is overwhelming, but this may be personal preference. It is better than the smoke filled nonsmoking hallways, however.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
rgg
"Old hotel needs updating"
The hotel was old and in need of an update. Our room was very strange I think it was supposed to be a suite, it had an attached room with very old furniture and a very old tv, just bizarre. However the room was clean enough to sleep in and surprisingly not smelly because of its age. Now the huge let down was breakfast. First it was in the basement just weird felt like we were in a movie or something. Second I watched the employee heat up the scrambled eggs, that came in a large bag, in the microwave! So gross not that I was gonna stay and eat anything anyway but that was weird. All in all I'm all set with 3 star hotels. Looks like I'll be spending more on hotels from now on.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Molly
"Nice hotel w/ great restaurant."
Stayed here after day at Foxwoods. Easy 20 minute drive. Very friendly and helpful staff. Fabulous Indian restaurant with Irish bar (and pool table) a short walk from front lobby. Nice clean room with fridge and microwave in room. Highly recommend. We'll be back. :-)
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Robin
"Never again"
Tv cable was pulled out of tv I had to fix if to watch TV. Floor was dirty and looked like it had not been vacuumed. Toilet seat was broken and the refrigerator made loud noise all night making it hard to sleep. The staf was very friendly and helpful. I stayed only one night and then went to another hotel.
Response by Ramada Groton
Dear Anonymous..Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for your complimentary words regarding our staff. We were disappointed to hear that your stay was not an enjoyable one. The issues you addressed have been forwarded to the appropriate staff for review and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations of us. Thank you again for your review.
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
"Ramada met expectations"
We stayed one night. It was a convenient location for us, the service was quick and efficient(including bringing us a crib), and the room was more than adequate for our needs. I would have liked to see more fruit and protein options and less bread and sugar at the breakfast.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Not bad for the price"
Visit for our sons graduation from sub base, all I can say is you get what you pay for.
Response by Ramada Groton
Dear Teresita...Thank you very much for taking time to share a review of your stay with us. In regards to your comment "Not bad for the price," we always try and provide our guests a clean and comfortable stay at a friendly rate and we are, as you know, only a quick drive to the sub base. Thank you again for your feedback...it is greatly appreciated and hopefully we'll see you again the next time you are in the area.
2 night family trip Dec 11, 2014