All hotels in Groton, Connecticut, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here156 Kings Hwy, Groton, CT, 06340, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9225

2.9
"great find"
Excellent stay overall. Only disappointment was the jacuzzi was not up to temp. Staff and rooms were excellent.
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
"Best hotel I've stayed at in the area so far"
I've stayed at several motels in CT while visiting the casinos, and this was the best so far. I received all of the accommodations I requested -- first floor room with accessible bathroom. I didn't have to ask for anything because everything we needed was already in the room -- fridge, microwave, shower chair, iron and ironing board. And the Indian restaurant attached to the hotel has a great lunch buffet for a good price with a10% discount if you're a guest. I would recommend to others, and will be returning in the future. Only one drawback: toilet water pressure could be stronger.
3 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
"Low budget"
I paid more because it was New Years Eve, so maybe I expected the hotel to be worth the price. First of all , entire hall reeked strongly of smoke both when we arrived and in the morning ( I had a non smoking room in this hall). Smoke smell old and stale-likely present for a long time. Bed extremely uncomfortable, and I'm not that picky. Radiator so noisy we had to shut it off. Hotel restaurant was Indian food. Smell of curry surrounding hotel is overwhelming, but this may be personal preference. It is better than the smoke filled nonsmoking hallways, however.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
rgg
"Old hotel needs updating"
The hotel was old and in need of an update. Our room was very strange I think it was supposed to be a suite, it had an attached room with very old furniture and a very old tv, just bizarre. However the room was clean enough to sleep in and surprisingly not smelly because of its age. Now the huge let down was breakfast. First it was in the basement just weird felt like we were in a movie or something. Second I watched the employee heat up the scrambled eggs, that came in a large bag, in the microwave! So gross not that I was gonna stay and eat anything anyway but that was weird. All in all I'm all set with 3 star hotels. Looks like I'll be spending more on hotels from now on.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Molly
"Nice hotel w/ great restaurant."
Stayed here after day at Foxwoods. Easy 20 minute drive. Very friendly and helpful staff. Fabulous Indian restaurant with Irish bar (and pool table) a short walk from front lobby. Nice clean room with fridge and microwave in room. Highly recommend. We'll be back. :-)
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Robin
"Never again"
Tv cable was pulled out of tv I had to fix if to watch TV. Floor was dirty and looked like it had not been vacuumed. Toilet seat was broken and the refrigerator made loud noise all night making it hard to sleep. The staf was very friendly and helpful. I stayed only one night and then went to another hotel.
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
"Ramada met expectations"
We stayed one night. It was a convenient location for us, the service was quick and efficient(including bringing us a crib), and the room was more than adequate for our needs. I would have liked to see more fruit and protein options and less bread and sugar at the breakfast.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Not bad for the price"
Visit for our sons graduation from sub base, all I can say is you get what you pay for.
2 night family trip Dec 11, 2014
teresita
"Ordinary"
Very limited breakfast selection; fruit was not fresh; No breakfast meat on breakfast menu; Room was not well heated; Staff was very polite and attentive to any questions or concerns. Overall rating on a scale of 1 to 5 would be a 3.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
Rodney
"good, quality needs minor improvements"
Comfy bed, spacious room. No fitted sheet on the mattress, we woke up to exposed mattress, maybe they ran out of fitted sheets for the weekend. Didn't know it until going to bed late at night and too tired to get changed. Other than that we enjoyed our stay.
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
Sara
"Quaint"
Nice staff, clean but old. Loved the Indian food restaurant
3 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
"would stay again"
i stayed at Ramada with my husband and mother and father, the rooms were very clean and bed comfortable. Did not use the amenities at the hotel, but it was nice they were offered. The neighbor hood was nice and quiet.
3 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"One of the best"
I've been there so many times and I love it
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
Marvin
"One night stay"
Staff is very friendly. Free breakfast needs an upgrade. Toater did not work.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
Jorge
"Only Adequate"
This is a "dingy" motel.
1 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
"Great value for price"
Awesome value for what you pay. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was a standard continental but was decent. No issues at all would definitely recommend to a friend.
"Indoor pool"
Roach found in room and weird that no bathroom sink was in bathroom, but sink was in room near main door to room.
"Decent hotel near the Naval Base."
We rented a room for 2 nights prior to our moving away from Groton. We got a king size room and were very happy with it. It was spacious and clean and very affordable. My only complain is the hallways smelled very smoky. I would recommend this hotel.
"Good for an overnight."
The hotel is old, but the room was clean and pleasant. The staff were helpful and friendly. It's a good deal for the traveller who needs a decent bed for the night.
It was what I expected for the money paid. Was a little disappointed that I did not get the smoking room I requested. And the Breakfast could have been better.
"A Good Stay."
Went to visit a friend in Groton. This Hotel was easy on easy off to the highway. The Indian Restaurant was very handy and good. The room was cozy and comfortable. Very pet friendly. Quiet. The staff was helpful and happy. Nice grounds, but still centerally located to grocery/shopping. I had a very pleasent stay, and would recomend this Hotel.
2 night trip with friends Oct 19, 2014
Marcy
"Wonderful and clean!"
The hotel staff was the best I've ever encountered. He was friendly and personable. We then went up to our room which I found to be absolutely stunning. We bought a room with a King Size bed which was very comfortable and the room was spotless. Best Hotel stay I've had in a long time.
1 night family trip Nov 13, 2014
Jillian
"Great Stay!"
It was a wonderful stay! The front desk gentleman was very informative and polite. Also saw him checking the parking lot at night which made me feel even more safe. Rooms were clean, bed and pillows were extremely comfy! My grandson had a blast in the pool! Overall, very satisfied and this will be the only hotel I will stay at when I go to Groton, which is @10x/year!
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
"OK for $$"
Staff was very friendly
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
MELINDA
"Yes and no"
Everything was fine. The only negative is that someone tried to enter my room illegally at night - 3 times the door was tried to see if it were open. Thank heavens it was locked. Also happened to the maintenance man the same evening. Only one person at the front desk, and a separate back entrance slightly out of sight of the receptionist. Other than that, perfect.
2 night trip with friends Oct 27, 2014
marian
"Slumming Near Mohegan Sun"
My husband and I stayed at this hotel because we were attending a concert at Mohegan Sun. We had seen online that it had decent reviews and was close enough to the Casino. In the past we have stayed somewhere else, but thought we try here. The hotel and room was completely run down and gross. The door to the room looked like it had been kicked in... The toilet moved every time someone sat down on it and the bottom of the bathroom door was rotting... We asked for a non-smoking room, however it was on the corner to the entrance where the smoking section was and smoke blew in all night through the air conditioner. Also, every time entered or exited from that entrance the door loudly slammed and rattled the wall, keeping us up all night. The manager the next morning was apologetic and said that they are in the process of updating the hotel, but could do nothing for us as we had booked through Hotels.com.... We would never stay in this hotel again and would recommend it to our worst enemies!!!!
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
Rachel
"Stayed at better places"
The hotel was not very clean, it smelled like smoke and we had a very dark room with small windows. When questioned the desk staff told me we paid the hotels.com rate so had a lesser quality room. The doors did not shut easily or lock completely, the doors to the hotel required a key card, but didn't actually lock. The pool area was dirty and looked like it had not been cleaned in days. The sam garbage was there Friday and Sunday.
2 night trip Oct 24, 2014
Deb
"Solid hotel at a good price"
Adequate hotel with an indoor pool, whirlpool and sauna. Pool towels should have been available at the pool but were at the front desk. Breakfast was basic but covered everything It was disconcerting to not find anyone on the front desk at checkout time. The rooms were fairly comfortable but the beds were tiny.
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
sarah
"needs improvements"
Bathroom and room not wheelchair accessible Bathroom floor dirty
3 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014
"Objective Review"
clean and comfortable. Smelled like someone had been smoking in the room for the past 5 years. Staff was friendly. No issues with overall stay.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
"October at Ramada"
While traveling with family we shared two rooms. One family member in a wheelchair found the assessibility a bit challanging. Toilets were placed in a small place without the ability to get close for easy transition from wheelchair to toilet and back. The sinks are the newer style which are higher than normal. These are difficult to use from a wheelchair. Otherwise we were treated very well by staff. The breakfast was what is expected. No waffles but otherwise a good morning start. Clean and would stay at this motel again.
4 night family trip Oct 16, 2014
Duane
My kids and I stayed here before and knew what to expect - a reasonable price and it was decent. My companion was disappointed that the sauna in the men's room was broken and the hot tub wasn't HOT. There was a candy wrapper under the night stand in the room, we didn't have candy in our room. Bathroom was a bit odd - sink was in the room and not in the bathroom. There was a fridge and microwave. Kids enjoyed the breakfast.
2 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
Roxanne
"Better have a GPS to find/navigate this town"
Overnight stay. Everything OK Staff was helpful.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"Nice clean hotel with friendly staff."
Nice easy to find hotel close to SubBase and goof food options close by.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Good stay, will stay there again. Room needed a bit of updating, but made up for in cleanliness.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Pleasant Experience"
Spacious clean rooms, excellent value, good experience.
1 night family trip Oct 12, 2014
For the price, this motel is ok to stay one or two nights. Comfortable bed, minimal brekfast, curry smell is much better then what you have to smell at other places...
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
"Horrible!!!!"
This hotel stinks like curry all over the halls including the rooms. The hotel is really outdated and creepy!!! Please don't stay here unless you don't have any standards and you don't value your money!
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Rosa
"You pay what you get"
Price is good. I don't care anything else but the bed sheet need to change every time when there is a new customer. The breakfasts are okay!
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Convenient and comfortable, a little shabby"
Very convenient location for my trip. Not a luxury hotel, a little shabby in public areas and depressing breakfast room (a repurposed conference room) but seems right for what it is. Nice to have decent Indian restaurant right in the hotel (restaurant clearly a destination for local families and college students). Hallway smelled bad (like smoke -- in non-smoking wing -- and also strange other aromas??? ) but room was clean. Very comfortable bed. Very quiet the two nights I was there. Easy check in and out. I would stay there again.
2 night trip Oct 10, 2014
"Dont go here !!!"
The bathroom had a moldy shower curtain, the shower had soap scum on the walls, the room was in dire need of painting, a dog must have been in bathroom during a previous stay and door was all scratched up. The lamps had new fluorescent bulbs and the shades were all above the bulbs so they were very annoying, turned off lights...roof had leaks and the repairs to ceilings and walls in the hallway were a joke. Continental breakfast was horrible. In Banquet room in cellar adjacent to laundry room. Laundry room door open when going to banquet room. Large Outdoor garbage pail for trash in banquet room. Refused to eat there. The restaurant in the building was an Indian cuisine restaurant and the smell of Curry was overwhelming. Neither of us would ever ever go back to this Ramada Inn. I suggest that the Ramada Inn chain look into the ownership of this hotel as this gives Ramada a very bad name.
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
Wayne
"I would definitey stay there again!"
Erich at the front desk is welcoming and helpful. The rooms are very quiet, we did not hear toilets flushing or tvs blaring. We also did not hear any vehicle traffic. It is centrally located to many attractions. Our room was clean and comfortable.
2 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"Not bad"
The room was basic but clean. The resturaunt attached to the hotel was an Indian resturaunt and I did not enjoy the smells coming from it. The breakfast was good. The pool was so warm it felt like I was swimming in urine but my son liked it. The surrounding area was nice with a Walmart right across the street and a 5 guys adjacent to it.
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
"Ok"
Happy to have had the pool for the kids to swim and overall the hotel was clean. BUT the shower had no pressure and constantly changed temp., the toilet didn't work well, the hallways wreaked of smoke and the staff was mediocre. Won't go back.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Cheryl
"Close to amenities"
Nice size room, everything seemed new and up to date. Very nice.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
"Good for a quick stay"
The hotel was ok for an overnight. We were in for a baseball tournament. The room served its purpose. Food and bar on location, pool was fun for the kids and breakfast. Five Guys next door and Walmart really close. Would stay again if we had to.
1 night trip May 10, 2014
From
"Quick get a way"
My husband and i work alot, we wanted to have a nice night away. booked the day of and drove down to check in. the lady at the front desk was super nice and friendly. Our room had been updated some. It was comfortable and clean. Hotel was close to resturants and casinos. We had a nice night out and then returned to hotel. The enterences all well lite. We did check out the pool area, it was nice. Breakfast was hot and fresh. on check out we did talk to maintence about some small plumbing issues in the bath room, he went right up to check them out. We would stay there again.
jenn
"not clean . coffee pot not explained,"
not bad on breakfast. room dirty. back stair rail loos.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
"You get what you pay for"
We checked into the Ramada very easily. Front desk attendant was very friendly. The hotel room was dated. Smelled musty. The bathroom door had paint peeling around the bottom. The tub had rust. The beds were very comfortable. Okay for a one night stay. We did not check out the included breakfast.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
Very disappointing. Poorly kept and maintained. Needs a serious update of furniture and televisions. I haven't seen T.V.'s with the extra large back portions in more than ten years in a Hotel room. At least have one flat screen! Debris in the area around the rear of Hotel. Bed (King) was at least somewhat comfortable.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014