All hotels in Northwood, Ohio, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2426 Oregon Rd, Northwood, OH, 43619, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.6
"Great Location but Poorly Managed"
The location was perfect for my needs and the price was fair for what I received. First the good... The hotel was very quiet and I got good rest. The hotel bar was resonably priced and had a decent crowd. The food in the resturant was good and had large portions for a good price. The bad..... Towels, you got 2 very small towels and house keeping did not have enough towels to replace you dirty ones, sometimes they would leave towels hanging on your door later in the day, most times you had to go to the front desk to get towels. Resturant was had to get service. The bartender is also the waitress, left to find a different place to eat 3 times in 7 days, after waiting 20-30 minutes with no service. Wireless internet, painfully slow. Not much better than having no internet at all. House keeping staff seemed to be over worked and did very limited and rushed cleaning. No change machines for laundry room, soda machines, etc... front desk never had change either. Was able to get change from the bar most times. Free continental breakfast, same stale english muffins, begals and cherrios every day. OJ and coffee, thats it. no fruit, no yogurt, no non stale anything. If your looking for a no frills, inexpensive hotel, this is your place.
7 night business trip Apr 19, 2014
"Added 10% to bill!"
The confirmation from hotels.com indicated that your credit card would not be charged until check out, and without even asking, at check-in the employee confirmed it. The next day not only was the entire 7 day charge deducted from my bank account but the amount included an addition 10% in case of any damages! I have never heard of such a thing. When we discussed it with the manager he was very argumentative. I even tried calling "corporate" but they said to contact someone else.
7 night business trip Apr 1, 2014
"not every good at all very bad"
the room stuff did not work the shower curtin was fill with water and all over the floor the dryer did not work and the sheet was dirty
Other trip Apr 10, 2014
Sarah Brokaw
"Must see information"
I went to this hotel for a night so I could have one relaxing night. The room was filthy and the jet tub barley worked it was broken. I just thought that I would be getting a little nicer of a room for how much I paid.
1 night trip Mar 27, 2014
"location was good"
not to good, breakfast that was to be provided, not everything that was said was to be included was not
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Hotel was a rent by the week, smoke in the hallway"
Poor staff dirty and wouldn't stay again. Smoke filled hallways! Not a place for a family.
Other trip Apr 5, 2014
"Close to the Hollywood Casino."
Check in was fast. Convenient location. Not much of a continental breakfast, but price was great.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
Pat
"stay away! Old, run down, creepy"
This was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Everything was very old, stained, broken, and held together by caulk and glue. Hall was creepy and everything smelled like smoke. We almost just paid for our room and went somewhere else, but the sheets seemed clean. Jacuzzi tub was also half broken and looked like it was from the 80's. Neighborhood is a little sketchy too.
1 night romance trip Mar 23, 2014
"Great place to spend the night with your lover!"
Stayed here for a conference, great location amazing price!
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
"Casino"
The room is in need of a update. Was not expecting alot but I don't think I will be returning. The shuttle is great from the hotel to casino. Need new blankets sheets and towels, all are threadbare. But remember the old saying you get what you pay for. End of Story.
1 night trip Mar 1, 2014
Denise
"OK for te price just a sleepover place"
Stayed overnight last minute. Got a room fast accepted late check in
Other trip Feb 26, 2014
"Dirty"
I opened up the door to the room and my wife refused to even step foot in it. I literally paid for the room, opened the door and then drove home. I was told I couldn't get a refund. She was not happy at all.
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2014
Matt P
"No towels?"
No towels in original room. Lights unplugged. hiked to front desk (loooong way) and clerk seemed like there were no towels, but offered different room. Moved to other room...hiked back. Second room looked like it had towels, but soon discovered there were two "bath" towels and one hand towel...no washcloth or second hand towel in a room with a King sized bed. Bedspread had cigarette holes and stains and there has been no smoking in OH for years. Remote on tv didnt work AT ALL. If you plug lamps in over bed, you cant plug in the clock. AND only one coffee cup...fortunately we carry extras. Couldnt complain when we checked out as there was already another "guest" complaining to mgmt., so just left the keys and was glad these were the only problems. Would NOT stay again.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
The bed was very uncomfortable. I might as well have been laying on a box of springs because every time I moved, I had a spring poking me somewhere. We actually had to ask for an extra comforter so that we could fold two of them together to be somewhat comfortable. Housekeeping service was excellent. They provided anything we needed within means.
2 night trip Jan 24, 2014
Debbie
"Good for the money"
Had to spend a night there while repairs were done to my home. It was clean, staff was courteous. Hotel is being renovated and it does need it. But for a business stay or visit to campus it's more than adequate.
1 night business trip Jan 22, 2014
"Too many fights"
Really enjoyed the room and the amenities, but was woken up at 3 am by people fighting in the hall and the police arriving. After calling the front desk in the morning, all the clerk said was sorry.
2 night romance trip Jan 17, 2014
Lora
"Not that good"
Had a reservation for Fri night, due to traffic and other things we didn't get in until 6 am Saturday morning, receptionist seemed to have a hard time finding the reservation despite that I had called earlier to say we were going to be late. I had booked a non smoking room but got put in a smoking room, there was hair COVERING one of the beds, Sunday morning around 3 am there were people yelling and screaming, sounded like they were trying to kick in the door across the hall.
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
The ventilation system was loud, made it difficult to sleep.
1 night trip with friends Dec 23, 2013
jason
It was a comfortable bed. The heater on the wall was really loud and would turn on and off all night. The hair dryer was missing from the bathroom (good thing I always take mine). The room was a little dusty and the bathroom needs some tlc. The staff was very friendly. For what you pay for this, it was worth it.
1 night trip Nov 24, 2013
"The room was so nice."
The room and service was good . But walking to my room all I smell smoke in the hotel. it was overwhelming ... besides it was nice..
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
"Move on, the high rating is inflated"
This hotel is not very clean nor well maintained. Lights are out, carpet is dirty and needs a thorough cleaning if not to be replaced. The hostess was friendly, but that hardly makes up for the condition of this hotel. Some rooms require you to walk around the entire building as it is poorly laid out. The room itself had dirty carpet, only two pillows on an uncomfortable king bed, marks on the walls, moldy bathroom. Like the hotel itself, the room was poorly laid out. This hotel did offer breakfast, but it was simply cereal, waffles or toast. This hotel has a 100% rating, but it must be inflated by posts from employees or students who go to the nearby community college. In a pinch, it'll work, but it is more dated motel than hotel.
1 night trip Oct 15, 2013
Nathan
"Good Budget Hotel"
This is my second time to stay at this hotel and it is an older hotel, but overall it is a clean, affordable place to stay. I was checked in and checked out by the same person of whom he was friendly and accommodating The room was spacious and the patio door overlooking the pool area was nice and peaceful. On my next visit to Toledo, I will more than likely book for a third time..
3 night trip Oct 11, 2013
chrisinva
"Casino Trip"
My friends and I stayed here one night. We chose it for price and because it was close to Hoolywood Casino. We found a pair of dirty gym shorts under the bed. There was a spider in the bath tub that had ben there so long it had built a web, The place it pretty dirty and run down. Sean at the front desk was friendy and helpful. They do have a free shuttle to the casino which was nice. Would not stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Oct 12, 2013
Gambler
"Nice spot! Great service!"
I was very happy overall with our stay here. The hotel staff was awesome and very helpful. They were very accommodating with any request we had. The only knock I have is the cleanliness of the shower left something to be desired. But based on how the rest of our room was cleaned, I would assume this was simply an oversight by the maid service. The shuttle service was prompt and the driver(s) were very helpful. I'll definitely stay here again when/if I'm in the Toledo area.
1 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2013
Don J
"Alright stay"
Stayed two nights for a wedding in the area. Hotel was a bit dated and the hallways had a musty, mildew smell. Room was pretty clean and bed was comfortable. Close to downtown Toledo and decent restaurants. Probably wouldn't stay here if I was ever in the area again.
2 night trip Sep 21, 2013
Ariel
"Great experience"
The room was Great, clean, staff were very friendly and courteous. Breakfast was not that serious not much variety although I understood that it was continental breakfast. The pub was great but a little noisy at times with outsiders coming to enjoy their drink
Other trip Sep 8, 2013
Kaka
"it was alright,"
it was alright , but when the general manager charges you $5.00 to go to the casino and when there van says free 24/7 service and on the next day i could not get van service and had to get a cab.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
chet
"nice stay"
nice stay,everything pretty good except,breakfast.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
reed
Nice for overnight stay. Got upgraded to a double room with jacuzzi tub which was very nice and private. Nice view to pool. Would stay again.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013
Rm 277
"Wonderful place to stay!"
I loved this hotel! Though I'm relatively new to the hotel experience, I thought this hotel was great for a couple to stay in. The room was clean and comfortable and though it was a smoking room (which I chose for the price) the room did not have an overly smokey smell. I stayed for two nights. The hotel staff was extremely nice and super helpful. The only problems I had were that the air conditioner in our room was a little loud and constantly shutting on and off and the first morning we were there they didn't have the complimentary breakfast because "no one showed up" to lay it out. I was kind of counting on the breakfast, but it wasn't devastating. The breakfast was basic, but definitely good. We are both college kids so having cereal and toast was no big turn off to us. :) Overall the stay was wonderful and we had a very relaxing time.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
Leah
"Just OK"
Room was clean but service was poor. Had to ask for shower curtain. Great place for an overnight stay on a long trip.
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
marie
"Three nights in Toledo"
You get what you pay for, and I considered this stay a good value. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. Under-staffed at check-in, took 20 minutes to check registered. A/C system was noisy but bearable. Water pressure was great. Rooms reasonably quiet and insulated. Convenient location to I-75. Biggest complaints: quality and quantity of towels and no exhaust fan in the bathroom.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
"Just for overnight"
We were looking for a place to sleep and shower, just an overnighter. This hotel needs a lot of up dates, but was very clean. Chairs and carpets have stains. Fridge and microwave were both clean. Shower was clean. Towels are small, but they get the job done. We would consider staying again, under same circumstances. On sight restaurant okay, nothing to write home about. My supper was burned, I did ask for well done. My daughters came around 15 minutes after mine. They put her order in wrong? Arby's down the road was great. We had that for breakfast.
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
"trip"
Hotel and rooms stinky service bad I booked it with hot breakfast donuts are not hot breakfast will never stay there again
2 night family trip Jul 29, 2013
kathy
"Clean, close to the casino, 24 hour shuttle"
Wife and stayed there one night so we could try out the casino. It did the job. We were only there to sleep. Room was ready, staff was polite, and we broke even at the casino...
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
"Just passing thru"
This place had a convenient location, just off the interstate. We were worried at first, because of all the commotion in the lobby, but it was ok. There is a lounge/poolroom just off the lobby and it was noisy. I saw a shuttle bus to the Casino, so people were in and out there. But, we were located in a quiet spacious clean room in the very back of the hotel. We had 2 beds, a separate small room with a micro-fridge, and another separate room for the bathroom. There were no towels in the room, and there were only a few available that night at the front desk. When we asked again in the morning, there was a housekeeper who found us another towel. The staff members were friendly. Breakfast was available in the room opposite the lounge. It may have been a small cafe in previous years, but it was nice. there were english muffins, toast, cereal, coffee, juice. We were just passing through the Toledo area, so this location was very convenient.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2013
Robyn S
"Nice and clean, very affordable."
The room was nice for the price it was just a overnight stay and it was comfortable.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2013
barbara k.
"just a stop-over without all the frills"
no desk or hotel staff upon arrival; hotel appeared dirty; very little available for continental breakfast at 8:15am
1 night trip Jul 25, 2013
"Loved watching the kids next door ride their ATV"
Free Entertainment- kids next door riding ATV's without helmet (including baby) Darwin spared them that day but the future may not be so kind...It was better than watching any reality TV show! The room was nice but the hotel was old and outdated....Good Value for $60- Chevelle Concert was awesome...I would stay there again
1 night trip with friends Jul 26, 2013
Randal
"Worst hotel of the trip."
Unhelpful staff. Every pop machine broken. Mystery brown stains on the furniture. Cigarette burns on the comforters. Green icky mold on the path to the pool. Insane maze to find our room. Shifty people roaming around our car. Funky smell. Overpriced attached restaurant. The continental breakfast consisted of bread. They didn't even have cereal. Stay away.
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
"Price is right thats about it."
I payed for the room online. I was sold a room that didnt exist.(nice). air condition did'nt work in room.called front desk asked if we could change room ,we were told NO. air in hallways was off mind you it was 98" and humid in the middle of heatwave really...
2 night family trip Jul 19, 2013
"Disappointing experience"
I made the reservation through Expedia long in advance. I requested a non smoking room with two queen beds which was confirmed. When we arrived I was told that we were getting a king room. I told the clerk that there were two men and we need two beds, as per my reservation. Communication with him was difficult due to language. He said that he only had two rooms left and the two queen bed room was smoking. I advised him I am allergic to smoke and that was unacceptable. He said he would provide spray. He said the room would be $130. I told him I had a confirmation of $63. He then said that Expedia would bill me. I spent 10 minutes at check in. People were hanging around the parking lot and I was scared to leave my truck parked there. I moved it to a spot in front of the front door of the hotel, when one became available. The room was just ok. They have a REALLY nice pool. One of the best around in this day and age. If they would re-carpet and clean this hotel along with providing security in the parking lot, this could be a truly nice destination. As it is, it falls way short of my expectations, bearing in mind that for $63. I did not expect a lot.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Greg
"Stay here if you're hard up"
Non-smoking room wreaked of stale smoke. Couldn't maintain a decent temperature. AC unit smelled musty. Shower head had that orange crud on it where the water comes out. What hotel room doesn't have washcloths??
Other trip Jul 13, 2013
"Nostalgic hotel"
Buildings and rooms are old and in need of better maintaenance. Decor is dated. Room rates are modest given condition of the hotel. Outdoor pool looked nice, but I didn't have a chance to use it. Oddly placed jacuzzi tub in room was nice and worked fine.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2013
Andy
"Nice hotel close to casino"
Shawn the front desk receptionist he is the best he needs a pay raise .he goes out his way to make you feel at home and welcome while you stay. Shawn is the best
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
"Great Place to Stay at"
The room was perfect especially the bed was very comfortable. It was well-cleaned and organised. They have friendly staff. Definitely, I am going to stay there again.
2 night trip Jun 17, 2013
"Close to casino, but watch out for the partyers!"
This motel is no longer affiliated with a national chain and I could see why once I got there... Place was in need of some TLC, updating/upgrading. There was a group of people across the hall from me that continued to party on very loudly and smoke in the hallway well into the morning, 2.30 on. I asked them 2x to please be quiet but to no avail. Called front desk and thankfully I found a sleeping pill in my toiletry bag. When I was leaving in the morning, there was a person slouched over in a chair in the hallway stairway snoring away, stinking of beer. At least I won a few $$ at the casino!
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
Lol
The only issue I had is that they cleared the breakfast items away before 10:30am. I only got a coffee and a bagel and sat down and they started clearing everything away:(. But otherwise, it was fine.
1 night trip May 25, 2013
"Not bad for the cost..."
The room was dated but clean, the bed was very comfortable and the pillows were nice. The bath was a little beat but clean and the water was hot. The 3 nights we were there it was quiet. It was to cool to swim but the pool looked clean and inviting. The continental breakfast is the biggest let down at the motel, Cheerios, milk, orange drink, bread and day old donuts... Coffee was pretty good. All and all the motel served our purposes and I would recommend it to folks needing a budget motel.
3 night trip May 24, 2013
"bad service"
On a 2 night stay our room was never cleaned and we never received fresh towels.
2 night trip May 24, 2013