All hotels in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1776 Benjamin Franklin Pkwy, Philadelphia, PA, 19103, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9484

"Always great at Embassy!"
We always have an excellent stay with Embassy Suites!
2 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
"Great place to stay."
Great view of center city.
1 night trip Mar 16, 2015
Kenneth
"Overall great"
Only complaint was time to get an elevator. Otherwise perfect!
2 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
Lee
"Good Hotel"
I had a 2 night stay at the Embassy. The hotel is great overall. The room was very clean and the staff was very friendly. My only negative comment is that while there are 3 elevators in the hotel, during busy hours we had to wait up to 20 minutes (not and exaggeration) for a free elevator. Oh, and basically, EVERYTHING ELSE is on the 2nd floor. After waiting 20 minutes for an elevator down to the lobby (thinking that's where the business center was) I had to wait another 10 minutes for an elevator back up to the 2nd floor. If you're able to walk it, I would recommend just taking the stairs. The breakfast buffet is top notch. The hotel is a bit pricey but you get what you pay for as far as location and amenities. Parking is a bit pricey as well. $50 a night for the valet but again, location location location. If money was no object I would stay there again.
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
"Nice rooms, nice free reception, but..."
Why is the (in my experience, Friday all day) front desk staff so hostile? Sorry, wouldn't stay again for this reason. Customer service training badly needed here.
1 night business trip Mar 6, 2015
"disappointed"
Not gonna lie, our room was not clean and it didn't smell good. People were smoking (and loud) in the hallway, and we never got the pillows that we had requested several times. I will not be going back there.
Response by Embassy Suites Philadelphia Center City
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about the Embassy Suites Center City hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were not happy with the cleanliness and smell of your accommodations. I can assure you that this is not the standard in our hotel. We work hard to make sure our housekeepers keep each and every guest room smelling fresh and clean. We have addressed your valued feedback with our Housekeeping team who will look to provide a much higher level of service in the future. I’m sorry that you encountered guest in the hallway, we will be sure that our security team make their hotel walks more frequently to prevent people loitering in the hallway. Please accept our sincerest apology for the subpar experience, comments from our guest helps improve the level of service we provide. We hope that if you are back in the Philadelphia area, you will give our hotel another chance.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
"Good for a family get-away"
Overall good. Suites large and clean. Staff helpful. Not enough elevators when hotel fully booked--long waits to get up and down. Even with heat cranked up in main room of suite, bedroom remained uncomfortably cold.
2 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
"Very nice hotel! Clean, convenient, friendly!"
It's great! convenient, good location. Very spacious! Nice view from 26 floor! Have lots of chairs, sofa, desks, sink. staffs' friendly. Just one thing, the room had some smoking smell, although it's a non-smoking room. But I think it's something to do with the air circulation system, even after I opened the door and windows to allow air complete refreshed, it still smells. I should have informed the front desk, since we only stayed one night. I forgot it in the morning. The room is 2604, you might want to ask if you get that room. Overall, it's great hotel! My kids love it! cy
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
Yu
"Great price, friendly staff."
It was great for the one night we were there. One of the drawers came apart on one of the dressers but other than that everything was great. Oh! One of the elevators didn't work properly but there were at least 2-3 others we were able to hop on. I would recommend this hotel absolutely!
1 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
Crystal
"Great hotel but the parking fees......."
Everything was great but the parking charge was outrageous. Since I was driving my Ram 1500 truck they charged me about $56 including the tax. A car would have been only $2 less. Way more than other Philadelphia hotels.
1 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
"Philadelphia Flower Show Respite from the Snow"
Everyone on staff was extremely friendly and helpful! We waited in line for about 15 minutes to check in but other than that our stay was exceptional. The two ladies checking us in managed to get us (my sister and I with our spouses) 2 rooms on the same floor close together even though we had not asked in advance. The breakfast was impressive with the variety and quality of the food. The room was beautiful and very clean and comfortable. Ultimately, a nice, relaxing stay. Thank you!
1 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
Laurie
"Snow day hotel stay"
Front desk could be a little more friendly. The room was clean. Took a while for the heat to work properly. It was the perfect location. Everything is in walking distance.
1 night romance trip Mar 5, 2015
"Our Stay in Philly"
The heating system sounded like a freight train. So loud we had to shut it off. The pillows were extremely uncomfortable & the tub drain clogged up. The people were very nice but we won't stay there again.
Response by Embassy Suites Philadelphia Center City
Thank you for the great feedback you’ve provided regarding your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Center City. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. I’m glad you felt the team was nice, we pride ourselves in providing the best customer service available. Please accept my apology for the loud HVAC system, we are working diligently to replace or repair the older A/C units with a more efficient unit as quickly as possible. I’m surprised your pillows were uncomfortable, we do offer foam or feather choice for your future visits, please accept our apologies. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for sharing experience and I hope that if you are back in the Philadelphia area, you’ll give us another opportunity to serve you.
1 night family trip Mar 1, 2015
"Spacious rooms but otherwise drab"
Spacious suites but otherwise drab. The three slow elevators aren't enough for the size of the hotel. Complementary breakfast was terrible.
Response by Embassy Suites Philadelphia Center City
Thank your providing a rating for the Embassy Suites Center City, I am sorry we did not exceed your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any aggravation or inconvenience experienced with the elevators during your visit and my sincerest apologies for the terrible breakfast. Again I apologize for any aggravation or inconvenience experienced with our breakfast, we have signage throughout the hotel to help guests plan their day so they can avoid the breakfast rush when the hotel is fully committed. I will share your commentary with the restaurant in order to help improve service. The time taken along with the effort made to share your comments with us is most appreciated. I hope that despite your comments you will give us another try next time you are in Philadelphia.
1 night business trip Feb 26, 2015
Kyle
"No housekeeping"
Housekeeping forgot to take care if our room
2 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"Embassy suites"
Complimentary snacks and drinks were a nice touch. The $50 parking fee is ridiculous and there was but mention of it on Hotels.com. Had I known that in advance I may have chosen another property. The rooms were clean but dates and the heat fan was very loud and ran all night
Response by Embassy Suites Philadelphia Center City
Thank you for sharing your recent experience regarding the Embassy Suites Center City hotel. I’m glad you enjoyed the evening reception; this is an Embassy standard that most of our guest really enjoy. I did check the Hotels.com page and it does mention that Valet parking costs USD 44.40 per day with in/out privileges. I regret you missed this prior to booking. Our parking pricing is similar to other properties in the area and in the city. I’m sorry if the HVAC was loud, we are working diligently to replace or repair the older A/C units with a more efficient unit as quickly as possible; I hope it did not cause any inconvenience. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We look forward to your return visit with us in the future.
1 night family trip Feb 26, 2015
"Would definitely recommend this hotel!"
The layout of the rooms are pretty unique and definitely go a ways in making the space much larger than I anticipated. The bedroom is separate from the rest of the dining area / small kitchen / living area space, which was nice to be able to shut that out while sleeping. I'm not a TV guy but there were two TVs, in the main living area and one across from the bed. Definitely ample closet space available. The internet costs extra to use (wifi) and there were 3 available tiers of pricing (basic, etc). But I will say that I had great access with even just the basic tier the whole time I was there (3 days). They have a TGI Fridays connected to the hotel which made it very convenient to not have to venture outside if you're a hermit when it comes to hotels (which I am). So I'm not saying this facetiously, it was great to have that available.
3 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
Nate
"Valentines day 2015"
I had a great weekend at this hotel tgi fridays in in the hotel and even on valentines day we didn't have to wait and the hotel has a free breakfast which is very good and I advise using the parking garages near by because the hotel cost 50 dollars a day for parking and the elevators are small but overall it is a nice hotel and the staff is very nice
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
roger shup
"Great Hotel!"
I was so happy with this hotel. The room was clean and they layout was great. Plenty of room for my family. The staff was attentive and very friendly. The only downside was the expensive parking but I knew that before I arrived. You can park a few blocks over for a cheaper price but i didn't even bother for convenience. You literally can walk to so many things, don't even bring your car if you can.
2 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
Lynda
"great hotel"
Other than the bedroom being cold and the shower head leaking water all over the bathroom floor it was overall a great stay. They sent up someone to fix the shower right away and when he couldn't fix it they accommodated us with another room where everything was perfect. The staff were very friendly and easy going. Its in the midst of downtown, so there were a variety of things to do. I can say I really enjoyed my stay. Would recommend this hotel with no hesitation.
2 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
veronda
"getaway"
My bed was comfortable the room clean.
1 night trip Jan 30, 2015
tina
"great"
Great job
1 night romance trip Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
"Everything is Extra!"
The hotel is relatively nice but everything costs! $50 to park a car. Wanna get emails and surf the web? Another 17.00. The other disappointment was the starting time for breakfast; 6:30 AM. When I arrived for breakfast, at 6:30 sharp, there was a line of folks who looked like they were in a pretty big hurry to grab something to eat and hit the road. Most places I stay breakfast is served at 6:00, on weekdays, for the folks that have early morning appointments. Apparently, on that day, there were others in the same boat. I'm sure the demand is there to move the start time to 6:00. Oh yeah, the room card worked one in 30 tries and the elevators were "super" slow and small. During the rush there were crowds to ride the elevator and they all were not going to fit, when the car did finally arrive. The rooms was nice, roomy and clean......always end on a positive note!
Response by Embassy Suites Philadelphia Center City
Thank you for the great feedback you have provided. The hotel provides complimentary internet throughout the lobby and the business center however, there is a charge if you want to use it in the room. The parking rates are surveyed twice a year to ensure we are seen as a value in the city, we feel we offer a good value given our location, I’m sorry if you felt the cost was expensive. We often have large groups that occupy our hotel therefore, during peak hours the elevators tend to be slow. I’m sorry about the aggravation you went through with the keys, We are certainly glad to know that your enjoyed other aspects of your recent stay, and we look forward to having you back at the Embassy Suite soon!
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Ed
"Reservation not Honored"
What an incredibly disappointing and frustrating experience! I booked a room here for my boyfriend and I for a trip to Philly to celebrate Valentines Day. I wish we had gone somewhere else! I reserved a Suite with a King size bed and ended up with a suite with two full-sized beds. My boyfriend is a big guy - 6'4" tall - and it seemed unlikely we would be able to sleep comfortably so I contacted the front desk and then the manager about honoring our original reservation. To make a long story short, I got the run around. I was told they would not accommodate our original reservation, and that if I didn't like it I could check out and go elsewhere! As if this was even reasonable on Valentines Day weekend, not to mention after a 5 hour drive! I paid in advance for a room with a King sized bed - it is completely unacceptable to not have our reservation honored! My boyfriend and I were unable to sleep that night, and it really ruined our Valentines Day plans. What kind of hotel is this!?! It was awful... I am so angry....
Response by Embassy Suites Philadelphia Center City
Thank you for posting your feedback from your visit with us. I am deeply troubled to hear about your experience at our hotel, and I want to apologize for the inconveniences you went through at our hotel. I’m so very sorry we did not have your requested room type available for your stay. It is regrettable that we did not meet and exceed your expectations, this is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. We really appreciate the constructive criticism, and will constantly work towards meeting that expectation that we proudly set amongst all our guests.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Kristin
"Awful hotel"
The heating system was so loud I couldn't keep it on. It was like having a lawn mower running all night. So because I couldn't keep it on the room was extremely cold. I complained and they changed my room but that heating system was just as loud. I will never stay there again
Response by Embassy Suites Philadelphia Center City
Thank You for taking the time to provide us with the feedback about your stay with us. I was concerned to read your feedback and please accept my apologies for the disruption caused as a result of the malfunction of the heating system during your stay with us. We have since addressed the issue with our Engineering team to ensure all rooms are fully operational for our guests’ enjoyment. We really appreciate the constructive criticism, and will constantly work towards meeting that expectation that we proudly set amongst all our guests.
2 night business trip Feb 15, 2015
Debbie
"Valentine's Day"
Fantastic Valentines Weekend getaway
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
naia
"Nothing special"
Room air was very dry. The system ran for the whole night for whatever reason. Lobby was very cold. $50 for parking is too much. Under staffed
Response by Embassy Suites Philadelphia Center City
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations, and we have notified the Chief of Engineering of your review and will be investigating the situation Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Our parking pricing are in line with similar properties in this area and we feel that we offer good value given our location. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional service, but also on correcting things for the future in the instances when we do not get it right the first time.
1 night business trip Feb 15, 2015
"Great hotel!"
Great location. Very large rooms. Unique layout. Breakfast was the best I've ever received at a hotel.
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
"Great room, great location, great price."
Fantastic location, professional and courteous staff, gigantic clean quiet room -- all for an amazing price. The usual small annoyances ... crowded breakfast, waiting for elevators, bathtub drain slightly busted ... that stuff is unavoidable. I'll certainly stay there again next time I'm in Philly.
2 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
"Philadelphia"
Valet Parking too expensive! Almost $50 Couldn't sleep because the Heating kept blowing cold air in the bedroom, living room temperature was ok. Breakfast crowded, not good service, asked 2 employees to please clean up the table so we can eat and was ignored, had to do it myself. My son found a cockroach in the men's room at the restaurant. Not satisfied at all, will never go back.
Response by Embassy Suites Philadelphia Center City
Thank you for providing valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Center City hotel. Please accept my sincere apology regarding the charge for valet parking, there are a number of self-parking lots in the area, however they do not offer the same benefits. I’m surprised the heating unit was blowing cold air in the bedrooms, I will share your valuable feedback with our engineering team and investigate that malfunction immediately, please accept my sincerest apology. The breakfast can become quite busy depending on the time, however the service that you described is unacceptable and we will be sure to address it immediately. I will also follow up on the frequency of the pest control prevention, I’m sorry your son encountered that. This is not typical of our restaurant and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience.
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
Fabricio
"Seemed like a good deal, but really wasn't"
I was hoping that this would be a great end to a long business trip, however, it was not. The front desk attending was not very welcoming at all. The valet was ridiculously expensive, and the overall layout of the hotel was terrible. Free breakfast was tolerable. The best part of the hotel was the room. The valet service was pretty unorganized too, but the staff for valet were quite personable unlike the front desk agent when we first arrived. I wouldn't stay here again.
Response by Embassy Suites Philadelphia Center City
Thank you for sharing your recent experience staying at the Embassy Suites Center City hotel. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the poor first impression upon check-in. We have addressed your comments with our Front Desk who is terribly sorry for the quality of their service based on your feedback. Please rest assured that we have addressed your comments with our Front Desk team. I’m sorry that you felt the valet parking was expensive; we survey our Center City market twice a year to ensure we offer a good value to our guest. I’m sorry the layout of the hotel did not meet your expectations, we are a very unique hotel, but we understand it was not to your liking. I’m glad you liked the rooms and breakfast, but very disappointed that you felt the valet team was unorganized. I can assure you that we have addressed your valued feedback with both teams to make sure this does not happen again. I hope you will reconsider staying with us in the near future, we’d love to see you back.
2 night business trip Feb 13, 2015
"Central location"
Well located. Rooms quite large with nice kitchenette and plenty or room to spread out for a long stay. Free breakfast and happy hour a plus. On the minus side, the staff was less than helpful. We waited for over 45 minutes for a bellman on checkout and finally gave up and lugged our luggage down in two trips. Waited 20 minutes for bellman to bring our luggage up and finally gave up because we had to move our vehicle. Informed the front desk that we were leaving and our luggage was still. To in our room when we returned 3hours later. Also had to wait 15 minutes on one occasion for the elevator. The valets were a little surly telling us we couldn't park our van with them, which we knew. We were just parked to unload and check in. Room was great, staff not so much.
Response by Embassy Suites Philadelphia Center City
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an informative review. We will absolutely be reviewing some of the points of concern with our staff. Please accept my sincerest apology for the inconvenience you went through with our bell service, I’ve always know them to go above and beyond to wow our guests. We do get pretty busy during peak hours therefore, the elevator get pretty busy. This is definitely not the experience we want our guests to have; I appreciate you bringing these events to our attention.
elizabeth
"perfect for museum family trip"
Perfect location and nice large rooms. I have been to most the hotels in the area and this has the largest room almost double the average size. Great hotel for families. Has a TGI fridays on site and a great family gastro pub across the street called city tap house.
"Perfect place"
The room was way more than we were expecting. Thought it would be a usual room but it had a huge living room, separate bedroom and good size kitchen. Can't say enough about the staff. The check in was crowded with a long line waiting to check in Sat afternoon. Cars to get in were stopping traffic on the street. Tons of people milling around the lobby. We thought for sure there was something going on in town, but no it was just valentines weekend and 1st weekend of many school vacations. Staff was so, so patient and polite even with the woman who was being ridiculous in front holding up everyone in line for a silly reason. They remained calm and pleasant even with her as they saw more and more people get in line. The valets out front went to our car a number of times to retrieve things for me with no complaint. Probably most patient and competent staff anywhere. loved the room location and Mace's Crossing right next door.
Fern
Second time we stayed at this Embassy Suite. Close to everything. Room large and clean. Could use more help at breakfast buffet and cocktail hour.
Jay
"beware of bad rooms"
the floor was freezing cold. the hand held shower spray kept slipping down. the bathroom drain was rusted and clogged.
Response by Embassy Suites Philadelphia Center City
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience regarding the Embassy Suites Center City hotel. Your feedback is important to us, and I can assure you that we shared your complaints with our operational teams for their review and have addressed the issues with the shower head along with the drain being clogged and rusty that you brought to our attention, please accept our sincerest apology. Thank you for your comments about the maintenance issues you encountered in your guestroom . Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel when you’re back in the Philadelphia
1 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"Great location, okay hotel"
Stayed there for a convention, room was good, however not great. Hotel seems to be slightly dated, bathrooms are small, bedroom was cold even with heat cranked. Wish parking was explained a little better when booking. If you are there on a busy weekend, you will wait forever for an elevator, not to mention the elevators are really small.
Response by Embassy Suites Philadelphia Center City
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding the Embassy Suites Center City hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. I’m sorry they did not meet your expectations however I am pleased to inform you that our rooms are scheduled for a complete renovation this year. I have brought your valued comments to the attention of our Engineering team regarding the lack of heat in the bedrooms, we will address this right away, thank you for bringing that to our attention and please accept my apologies. I’m sorry if our parking rate/type was not clear when you booked your room, I hope that we were able to answer any questions you had once you arrived to the hotel. Most weekends are very busy for this hotel, I’m sorry if the delay in waiting for the elevators caused aggravation. I hope that if you are back in Philadelphia, you’d give us another try.
3 night business trip Feb 12, 2015
Tyler
"nice stay"
very nice and roomy. great stay.
1 night family trip Feb 11, 2015
"Pleased"
Good experience. Hotel is a bit quirky and interesting. I have never stayed in a circular hotel. It made for some interesting room configurations. Would stay again. The breakfast buffet and social hour at night were great additions to the stay.
4 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
Gordon
"It was an "eh" stay."
Messy bed sheets, but the service was great.
Response by Embassy Suites Philadelphia Center City
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding the Embassy Suites Center City hotel. I’m sorry your bed sheets were messy, our housekeeping team takes pride ensuring all suites are impeccable when our guest arrive, we obviously failed in your case and we are very sorry. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the poor first impression; your experience is not the norm and certainly unacceptable at our hotel. However, we are very happy that you felt the service was great, I will be sure to share that with the team. We hope that if you’re back in the Philadelphia area, you’d give us another try.
3 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
"Great location, horrible hotel."
Wonderful part of the city to stay in. Minutes walk to love park and sansom streets has a lot of cool bars. The balcony was the best part of the room honestly. If the room didn't have the balcony it's worth about half the price. I did think the valet fee was overpriced. Every time we wanted to pick up our car we called 20 minutes before hand yet we still had to wait another 15 minutes downstairs because all the valets didn't really know what was going on, including the valet manager. Also they only have 3 elevators and during high use hours your going to have to wait atleast 5 minutes for one and if there are multiple people waiting and you're not in front of the correct elevator you'll miss your turn and have to wait another 5 minutes. And if your room is next to the elevator like ours was you'll be hearing it through your wall going up and down all night. We got room service from TGIFridays, which is attached to the hotel, and all of our food was mildly warm and got about a handful of fries for a ridiculous price. All in all I'd only ever stay here again if it was my last choice.
Response by Embassy Suites Philadelphia Center City
Thank you for providing us valuable feedback regarding your stay at the Embassy Suites Center City hotel. While we are very excited you had a great time in the city, we are very saddened you did not have a favorable experience with our hotel. We also believe the balconies are a huge advantage of our hotel, glad you enjoyed the views. I’m sorry you felt the valet parking was overpriced, we survey the Center City market twice a year to ensure we are offering good value to our guests. I’m sorry it took more than average time to retrieve your vehicle; we will look at staffing to ensure we are sensitive to our guest’s time. I’m sorry if the elevators added to your aggravation, at peak times it can take more than normal time getting to the lobby. I’m surprised you heard the elevator in your room, that is not something we have heard before, but we will investigate immediately based on your feedback, please accept our sincerest apology. I will share your feedback with Fridays, This is definitely not the experience we want our guests to have; I appreciate you bringing this to our attention which we will correct immediately.
2 night trip with friends Feb 6, 2015
It my second time there and its always the best time!
Flea
"Best stay ever"
I really love this hotel. Its clean its comfortable and worth every penny paid for it. Will be returning in a few months definitely.
Lillian
"just perfect"
Great view nice size rooms
1 night trip Feb 13, 2015
william
"staycation"
An amazing room for my solo night to myself
1 night trip Feb 13, 2015
"Excellent Embassy"
It was fantastic. Happy hour was great. Fridays in the hotel was awesome. Staff was super friendly and knowledgeable.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"v-day"
it was very nice and elegant
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Kaliah
We came to Philadelphia for family. I was very impressed with the hotel, the accommodations and the staff. I would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting the Philadelphia area.
1 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
Katona
"More Pros Than Cons, But Needs Updating"
Pros: Big room, nice view, good breakfast, great evening reception with free cocktails & snacks Cons: a bit dingy and worn-down, staff nice but overwhelmed, broken heater and toilet in room.
Response by Embassy Suites Philadelphia Center City
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have since addressed the issue with our Engineering team to ensure all rooms are fully operational for our guests’ enjoyment. I am really excited to say we start our renovations Winter of 2015. On a more positive note, we are glad to know that you enjoyed other aspects of your stay, we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
1 night trip Feb 12, 2015
"A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!"
IT WAS FABULOUS! I will DEFINITELY be back!
1 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015