All hotels in Berlin, Germany
Knesebeckstr. 63, Berlin, BE, 10719, Germany, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Trip to Berlin"
The hotel is in a good location with easy access to places of interest by bus and tram. However I won't recommend it in summer as the rooms have no air conditioning. The carpet in the room badly needs replacement as it's worn out and seen better days.
3 night romance trip May 7, 2015
Yeow
"never again"
The breakfast was poor.room was clean but small. Check in is at 15:00 and check out was at 11:00. I asked for an hour extension for check out and I was asked for 15:00 euro.
3 night trip Apr 30, 2015
"Average"
Price ok and room small. Saturday night was very lousy.
3 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
stanley
"Solo Gateway"
Stayed here in between the last days of March, everything was ok apart from the fact orgininally without asking I'd only been given a singular pillow bearing in mind I slept on a double bed. Otherwise everything was pretty standard, staff was very friendly, willing to help with any enquires etc and the staff was cute. Didn't get explore too much of the food court but did have a cup of tea in there and it woke me up completely!
2 night trip Mar 27, 2015
jermainericardo
"Nothing good except convenient location"
Nothing good except it suited in a very convenient location. A lot of restaurants nearby which open until mid night. The Underground just 5 mins walk from the hotel.
1 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2015
Tak Chung
"very close to centre of berlin"
very clean and good value.Close to the centre of berlin. Each room had a safe so passports could be kept safe. Though in the centre of Berlin the hotel was in a quiet side street so there was no traffic noise. Would go back to this hotel on my next visit to berlin. There were plenty of tourist brochures in the lobby so it was easy to find interesting thing to do.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
norman
"The wall 2015"
Thouroughly Enjoyable. Excellent location. Room, staff and cleanliness couldn't be faulted. Would return.
4 night family trip Feb 16, 2015
"Uncomfortable"
Double bed was 2 (uncomfortable) singles with a 2 inch gap inbetween, pillows 2cm thick and only one provided, wifi didn't work for 2 days, some staff members unhelpful to the point of rudeness. Neighbourhood was OK.
4 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"great find"
It was a pleasure, so close to all the big shops, railway station. Hop on bus tours right sround the corner as is opera house. Staff great, friendly, breakfast plentyfull as were the huge pts of koffie. I would stay again, feels safe and easy to find.
2 night trip Dec 14, 2014
Ingrid
"Cheap for the area"
Great service for a very fair price - room basic but very clean
3 night trip with friends Nov 3, 2014
"Excellent location."
The hotel has an awesome location 1/2 block off the kurfurstenDamm Shopping drag. The hotel is a basic mid-range hotel. Staff are friendly and speak good English. The rooms are small and dated. The carpet in my room was filthy and in need of replacement, otherwise very clean. The breakfast bar, not included in the room, is very good. Lots of resturants, pubs and shops in the area. Easy connects to Tegel via the 109 or 110 bus. Overall very good.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Harvey
"Good 3 star close to public transport and shops."
We had a pleasant stay, though had to ask for a quiet room the second night at the back of the hotel as I was woken up by noise on the street/footpath the first night, but then I am a light sleeper! Breakfast good and plentiful. The restaurant was good for German specialities and residents get 10% reduction. Staff very friendly. Would go back again.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
Mimi
"Highly recommended"
Awesome location. Very clean. Helpful staff. Breakfast is very good, will a large selection.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Harvey
"Great location, great price."
We stayed 3 nights in the Hotel Plaza and the location was perfect for us. Its close to all the shopping Berlin has to offer and a stones throw away from the U1 line on the U-Bahn which is perfect if you're young like us and want to explore Kreuzberg without living in it. The standard of the hotel is average. Its not poor but its not great. Could probably do with a refurbishment but for the price and location its a bargain. Just one complaint, there was a small bin in the room that I was using to seperate my dirty clothes from my clean ones (It was fairly obvious they were not trash considering I had a trash bag lying right next to the bin). I came home one night to find all the clothes gone. When I mentioned it to the woman at the reception she was a bit dismissive saying I shouldn't be throwing clothes into the bin but my point was that if you see clothes seperated in such a way would you not just leave them? Maybe my logic was flawed but I ended up not getting any help and never getting the clothes back which was my only gripe. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would probably come back.
3 night romance trip Oct 7, 2014
Sean
"Maik"
Nice ,clean ,close to metro , helpful staff ,good location
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Maik
This is a top value hotel. In a great location close to shops, restaurants, the underground rail and the zoo. Staff were helpful and friendly and the room was clean and quite big. The hotel is getting a little old but has character without being "run down". Would definitely stay here again if I return to Berlin.
4 night trip Sep 13, 2014
KC
"A nice central hotel"
Ideally located near to the U-Bhan and Central,points of Berlin. Helpful and friendly staff
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
baz
"Hotel Plaza, Kurfurstendemm Strasse, Berlin"
The hotel is located off Kurfurstendemm Strasse, a busy shopping street in Berlin. Although it is nowhere near the old part of Berlin such as the Museum Island or Brandenburg Gate, due to the excellent public transport of Berlin, travelling to any part of the city is not an issue at all. The room is furnished to a very high standard. Towels were changed everyday during my stay there. My room faces a car park at the rear, so it was very quiet even at day time. Also: Wifi internet works very well; and there is a safe deposit box in the room too. I would definitely stay there again next time I visit Berlin.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
MH
"Good location but poor internet"
This is a good location, close to metro and bus. However, each room is assigned with one internet access, that is you can either hook up to internet by phone or computer. You cannot have both. No air con in room, but lucky the windows can open. No laundry service and no coin laundry. Family travelling may not be desirable. Staff are Ok, friendly and courteous. No problem to stay for 2-3 days for simply a brief stay in Berlin.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Cecilia
HK
"Fanstastic hotel"
the rooms are spotlessly clean and the location is superb. Highly recommendable hotel. Thank you
2 night trip with friends Aug 3, 2014
njorogeikonye
"Noisy hotel with no air conditioning"
Though we had booked the room for two people, the room was not prepared for two; we had to ask for a second pillow and each day had to ask for a second towel. The few days we were there were hot and humid and the room did not have air conditioning so was very hot. We left the window open but as we were facing the main road it was very noisy. The sheets and towels were clean and the room had been cleaned but not well - throughout our stay dried toothpaste was stuck to the outside of the sink and the carpet was dirty and stained.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
Voyager
"Basic but very good staff and location"
In lovely area of Berlin, great for getting around this great city. Room was small but very clean, breakfast was tasty €9.90 and plentiful with hot and cold on offer. Friendly helpful staff, would recommend this hotel if you are on a budget. We were here during Germany's World Cup win, it was fantastic.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"A well located basic hotel"
The hotel is located in a nice area just off kurfurstendamm. It's about a 2 minute walk to a U-Bahn station for easy access around Berlin. The hotel itself is basic but clean. The rooms don't have a fridge or air conditioning, but have free Internet and cable TV which work well. The breakfast buffet was good value if booked at least a day in advance (10euro). Secure parking available for hotel guests is 15euro/day.
3 night family trip Jul 10, 2014
"3 nights at the Plaza Hotel-2nd floor"
Pros: -Great cookie cutter area with lots of nice cafes and restaurants -Short 5min walk to the train station -Good service -Buffet breakfast excellent and very good value -Wifi speed was reasonable -Rooms were quiet inside -Pricing was reasonable Cons: -Very small and cramped shower and bathroom -Hotel starting to age
3 night business trip Jul 1, 2014
"Very good location in main shopping area."
Arrived early by overnight train from Munich. Soon found Hotel after a short walk from Zoo station - get off train there, not Berlin hbf. Although check-in is not until 3pm, my room was ready and available to me - much appreciated!
Margaret
"Excellent Stay."
Very enjoyable stay at the Hotel with very helpful staff, excellent clean rooms and services with excellent food to hand as well.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
Andy
"Good Hotel"
Was a very nice hotel. Staff were amazing people
1 night business trip Jun 22, 2014
"Very good for the price."
Very nice hotel in a very desirable area in Berlin. Staff very friendly and helpful and most speak English. Good bar/restaurant to which proved popular with the general public as well as guests. The rooms are a little on the small side but clean and the shower was powerful and easy to regulate the temp on. If you're on a city break for three or four nights you could do much much worse than this little gem.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Garrets
"EXCELLENT LOCATION"
I booked this hotel because I wanted to be close to transport links and shopping facilities and I was not dissapointed.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
"Slightly overrated, but ok"
When looking at the guest ratings, I got the impression that the hotel was slightly overrated, as I have seen much better equipped hotels in the same star range and area. The hotel is ok, the reception was polite and check-in was smooth. Nevertheless, the rooms looked very basic and 'human' :) The in-room safe needed a physical key to be retrieved from the reception. The WiFi code was only valid for one device (if I recall correctly). You only got one pillow. Not even a cup to put your toothbrush in and so on. But no real complaints. The hotel was basic and clean. My guess is that the competition has significantly better conditions.
2 night trip Jun 11, 2014
Eric B.
"Good place to stay"
We were first time visitors in Berlin. The hotel is very conveniently located in the heart of the city. It wasn't very difficult to reach by train from the airport. Tourist buses start from just outside the hotel. Story of Berlin Museum is only 100 meters from the hotel. Location of the hotel is awesome, right in the centre of main shopping mall of Berlin. We had dinner in hotel's restaurant on first evening. It was below expectations. But there are plenty of good and trendy restaurants all around. The staff at reception didn't allow a late check out for 2 hours. They demanded 15 euro for that. Overall, we had a good stay in the hotel. Our Berlin trip was great because of our stay here.
2 night trip Jun 9, 2014
Baljit
IN
"Good tourist base."
I found the hotel was an ideal base for tourism. Both the u-bahn and s-bahn (Savigny) were close. I didn't eat in the restaurant attached to the hotel (as there are loads of nice restaurants on and around Ku'damm), however you get a discount on food and drink as a hotel guest. There is a fantastic vietnamese place called Pho Nguyen near Savigny station where I had a beautiful duck red curry. Breakfast was Ok but I found that the bakery next door (Carisma) did a lovely breakfast which was cheaper. Reception staff were excellent as were the bar staff. Overall, I'd say that you won't go far wrong with this hotel as your base.
3 night trip Jun 7, 2014
JDTrips
"Decent Hotel, Convenient Location"
The hotel is nice and very clean. It seems to be somewhat old, but well maintained - definitely not run down at all. I didn't ask much from the staff, but my dealings with them found them to be friendly and helpful. The food in the breakfast was high-quality and definitely exceeded my expectations, though the room gets very packed at peak breakfast time. The location is extremely convenient to public transportation. The Uhstraße U-Bahn station is a block away, and the S-Bahn station is very close too. Bus 109 is a direct link to Tegel with no changes.
2 night trip May 29, 2014
"Berlin Central"
This hotel is extremely well located being 10 minutes walk from Zoo station on a quite street close to all the facilities a traveller requires. The hotel is unpretentious but does the basics extremely well. The hotel restaurant has a limited menu but the choices are very good and the quality is also very good. Will stay in the hotel on a return visit to Berlin and will be recommending it to friends. This is not a hotel for guests wanting and oversupply of fluffy towels and toiletries, grand entrance ways etc. This is a hotel for guests wanting the basics done well in a quite environment, very good regional food, excellent front of house service and you leave with the feeling you have had good value for the money spent.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
"fantastic location, close to underground stations"
very centrally located hotel, nice staff and helpful, close to city tours by bus
Other trip May 4, 2014
carolyn
"Not if you don't have to"
The only thing good about staying at this hotel was the price and it was at the end of an incredibly long travel day so I really did not care where I fell asleep, it could have been anywhere.
1 night trip Apr 10, 2014
"Good location and friendly staff."
The hotel is 2 minutes away from the nearest underground station. The room was a bit basic, but spotless. I really wish that there had been a coffee and tea tray after a day spent sightseeing. Great breakfast spread for 9 Euros. Nice restaurant next door serving huge servings of traditional German food like pork knuckle. Staff were really friendly. I would stay here again.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
Jennie
"Hotel is well located"
The hotel was fine for two nights, and is well placed near public transport and the main shopping area in West Berlin. Restaurants are close, but seem to cater for tourists. My room was clean and ok for the two nights. It was a single room and I found the bed too short and too narrow which affected my nights sleep, and needed a bit of updating. Breakfast was great, but perhaps would have benefited from fresh fruit. I would stay again, but in a double room.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"Delightful Hotel..!"
It was very good. The hotel is very centrally located with easy access to the fairground, shopping and restaurants.
6 night business trip Mar 3, 2014
Ajit
"old school coziness"
perfect location + super cleanliness + professional staff. only minor is the sound proofing.
2 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"I would stay here again!"
Lovely hotel in a nice area of shops. There is a metro line close by and a 24hrs market next store. The staff is very friendly and helped us a lot. Only downside is the wifi is a bit slow and the rooms are small. But this would not stop me from staying again. Good value for money.
7 night business trip Dec 22, 2013
Casey
"Christmas Market trip"
Berlin is a wonderful city, so much to see and do and good value.
Other trip Dec 23, 2013
Di and Cherryl
"excellent choice in all aspects"
Very convenient location-less than 5 mins walks from Savignyplatz S-Bahn and 30 secs to Ku' Damm. Rooms comfortable, clean, warm(winter), fine space wise but no fridge. Good choice buffet breakfast and very fair price.Hotel restaurant nice ambiance, cosy feel and generally busy).Good cuisine-plenty German dishes and decent sized portions. Value for money and even better with Berlin Card! Hotel staff all very helpful.
3 night trip with friends Nov 20, 2013
SH
"Excellent value for your money!"
This hotel is located beautifully, close to anywhere we wanted to go. The service was extremely good and everyone did their utmost to help. Very friendly staff! The room was clean and comfortable, as was the bed, which we were worried about from other feedback we saw. Last but not at all least, the price was very low compared to other options and what we got in return was way more than what we expected. We'll go there again when the chance arises :)
4 night trip Nov 10, 2013
Tamir
IL
Ok for my my visit but room very basic Try to avoid rear noisy rooms
2 night trip Sep 23, 2013
"Convenient and great service"
The hotel staff were very attentive and friendly. Facilities that allowed guests to safely leave their luggage after check out at the lobby for a euro each is really convenient for those who have late flights or spare time after checking out.
3 night trip with friends Jul 30, 2013
Amylia
"nice hotel for singles or couples"
the hotel was nice but we found it very hard to find when first going on arrival, but when we found our way about was not too bad S bann station close and very acessible to get into the centre of berlin. we only had breakfast on first day we thought it a bit expensive for the choice not that great, we found a very nice cafe near thr train station and good food, staff very very friendly and speak great english, now i know where it is i would stay there again
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
allen
The hotel was comfortable and met all our basic needs. Staff were friendly and efficient. Will certainly use hotel again when visiting Berlin again.
2 night family trip Jul 9, 2013
i Param
"Good hotel, good location and facilities"
Staff were very friendly and helpful, breakfast was very good. Location was also very good as closeness to metro station meant easy travel to major tourist attractions.
3 night trip Jun 27, 2013