All hotels in Culver City, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here6161 W Centinela Ave, Culver City, CA, 90230-6306, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9397

"Nice hotel-unstoppable fan in room ruined my visit"
I drove down from SF to LA for an Academy Awards event and needed a nice place to stay. DoubleTree - by Hilton is a very nice place to stay. I checked in at 2am after the requisite parties from such events and was met by a very kind wide awake staff member who ever offered me a (hot) cookie and even free parking for my late arrival. That was awesome. The room (218) was nice enough and was in bed by 2:15a. Unfortunately by 2:30a I woke up to the sound of a very large fan in the room. The setting for the fan only had ON/AUTO settings an no OFF. Double checked AC/Heater was off to and went back to bed. But 30 min later was up again and even after a call to reception, no solution could be found. Up again at 3:30a. By 4a was going crazy, disassembled the fan unit and pulled to power. Sleep at last!
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Very comfortable, close to LAX & Shopping"
The hotel is located right next to the freeway and also sepulveda blvd which makes it really easy to get to LAX. The bed was very comfy, the pillows are amazing, the price perfect - only con is the tiny little bathroom.
2 night family trip Jan 9, 2015
Attila
"Weekend with the family for events."
The hotel was located in a good area for me so I could access all the areas I wanted to go without much problem. I just don't like the $17.00 parking fee on top of the room fee. I see they have special events there all the time and figured they should pass it on to them. I was staying there the night before I flew back home to Hawaii. I had two rooms, one for me and the other for family since we went to the Clippers game that night. Weather was cold so didn't use the pool.
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
shawn
"Excellent choice."
Great price for a nice hotel in a convenient location.
1 night trip Jan 3, 2015
"Plesant stay"
Our stay at the double tree was nice and comfortable. We arrived on New Year's eve for a party and decided to stay at the hotel. The staff was very friendly and those warm cookie they give you upon check in are delicious. We were up graded to a room on the high floor at check in. The room was nice and clean. The only thing I would change about the room is the curtains. I personally like the black out curtain that you usually get at most hotels.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Pleasant stay"
We stayed here during New Year's holiday for 3 nights (2014-5). Overall it is comforting and enjoyable. It is on the pricey side. Since we stayed during the major holiday season it is sort acceptable. The stuffs refilled the lemonade tank (free) whenever it was drained. Even it is a small gesture still it gives a warm feeling.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
james
"Conveniently located to LAX"
I've stayed here before and have never been disappointed. They no longer provide shuttle service to / from LAX, which cost me $45 in cab fare for a 2 mile trip.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
james
Good location to access Los Angeles landmarks and attractions.
2 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
My husband and I just completed our third stay at this Doubletree. We love it. The front desk staff (especially Jessica!!) is so warm and welcoming. We stayed in a King Room as we always do. Housekeeping is wonderful and the bed was very comfortable. The food at the Hotel's restaurant is varied and delicious. I can't think of any cons. Within 10 minutes of LAX and close enough to the tourist attractions without being in the middle of the noise. If you're looking for a great place to stay, try the Doubletree Westside.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Excellent!"
Great! Would stay here again!
2 night trip with friends Dec 26, 2014
"I recommend anyone to stay at the Double Tree"
Whenever I can, I will stay at the Double Tree. Excellent accommodations, excellent service, courteous staff...and of course the special treat for hotel guests: Warm chocolate chip cookies! Couldn't ask for a better deal! With the exception of one desk clerk who rudely stared and asked if I was a hotel guest when I requested a cookie. Other than that, I was very satisfied with my stay. I had previously stayed with Double Tree 2 days prior for 2 nights with my daughter and my niece. Each stay we ordered room service and the food was great!.
1 night trip Dec 24, 2014
Faye
A manager checked us in and made us feel welcome. He gave us free drinks for being a silver Expedia member and cookies. It is nice when WiFi is free at the more expensive hotels. We would strongly recommend this hotel. It was a little more than what we normally pay but worth it especially since we wanted to be in a better part of LA.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Just okay for a doubletree. A bit noisy though"
Friendly, courteous service always; Noisy on the freeway side, window curtains are too short, letting in too much light in the morning. Bathroom doors are old, but well-maintained. Beds comfy and fridge are nice.
3 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
"Parking charge"
We booked the hotel based on location, price & previous reviews. Upon check in found the room rate to be $17.00 more per night due to the parking fee which we did not know about. To me this a tactic to advertise a lower rate but actually charge more. There are other hotels in the area for the same higher price without a parking fee. There are also nice lower priced hotels in the area without parking fees. Besides this the hotel was clean, comfortable & near everything we wanted to do. They have installed new refrigerators and could not get mine working. Front desk told me what to do and if I needed someone to come the room they would send someone. I tried but forgot about getting someone as we were only staying two nights.
2 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
I attended a seminar which was at this hotel. Check in/ out was easy. The chocolate chip cookie was great. The room was really nice.
1 night business trip Dec 13, 2014
Kristine
"Relaxing stay!"
My stay was relaxing, in a safe neighborhood, near plenty of shopping, and very clean room (great smelling room). Only negative is paying for parking. I think that is taking advantage of customers just because surrounding hotels (by the airport) charge? I do not understand why they charge!
1 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
Deanna
"make sure you don't double pay for parking"
Hotel was nice, room service food was very good and staff was all very friendly. Be careful on the parking, they charge you but you have to get the front desk to give you a ticket to get out, or you will have to pay double.
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
"Doubletree shows high quality as expected."
Nice clean quiet room. Everything was organized and convenient. TV didn't work, but no bother, we all had phones and laptops to use. The beds were amazing. And loved the complimentary cookies you get at check-in, that's just awesome! Will definitely try to stay here again if I'm visiting the Westside.
2 night trip with friends Dec 5, 2014
Francis
"Nice hotel with a great bar lounge area"
I've stayed here numerous times and it has always been a nice visit. One of the reason I really like this hotel is because of the very nice bar and lounge area in the lobby. The rooms are always very clean and the beds comfortable. Of course, as I am a Vegas guy, these local city hotels don't come close to the amenities of the Vegas big boys, but these guys definitely earn 5 stars for a local hotel for price and value. A recent stay at a Vegas hotel had a bathroom almost the size of the bedroom of this hotel, so again, the 5 stars is for a local upper level hotel in our nice community of Culver City.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"thanks"
mother in law always loves this hotel.
5 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
"Pleased in Culver City"
Attentive staff, good location. Had to park across the street one night but that's not a big deal. Attractive setting with its palm tree courtyard.
4 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
Maryann
"Good Location Reasonable Rates"
Before moving to San Jose, CA we lived about a mile from the Doubletree. This hotel is well located fro anyone visiting or conducting business on the Westside of Los Angeles. It is close to Marina Del Rey, Venice Beach and Santa Monica. This hotel is well maintained and well run. Several women's basketball teams were staying at the hotel because of a tournament hosted by nearby Loyola Marymount University so the noise level was higher than it would be otherwise our stay was good.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
Edward
"good stay"
good stay. only suprise is that you need to pay for parking. i find it a little stupid to have to pay for parking.
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
jeff
Great people... Loved it all. Price very reasonable. Nice staff
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"Worst"
The location was convenient for my purpose but our experience staying in our room was the worst I've had in the last ten years. The temp control for the air conditioner wasn't working so we were freezing all night. In addition, it makes a very loud vibrating noise every few minutes and that kept us awake almost all might. The bath tub drainage wasn't working well so you have water up to your knee while in the shower. The shower head is broken it was almost detached from the wall. Lastly, the hair dryer was not working but this is minor issue when compared to all the other issues I've mentioned above. Although we enjoy the warm cookie, I don't think I'll ever stay at double tree or any of the hilton hotels again. BTW, the front desks people are cold, distant, and very impolite. I'd specifically mentioned the person who checked us out. He was very unprofessional. I would move that guy in the back so he doesn't have to deal with guests!
1 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
Maribelle
"Good choice, happy stay"
We only stayed 1 night for an event the evening of check-in. Check-in/out was seamless, room was as expected, clean etc. We requested a king on a higher floor and that is what we got. The bed was good, not lumpy, or sagging in the middle. Quite plush and very good. Lobby was inviting with lounge and restaurant in front. Check-in counter was to the right and near the elevators. Parking was easy too. The only thing we had difficulty with was the down comforter on the bed...but we usually have difficulty with these as they are too warm after a while they interrupt our sleep in the middle of the night, waking us up very hot. So it's not this hotel so much as most of them that we stay at that have these very heavy down blankets. Would like to see them put light weight blankets in the room so to have a choice. Down comforter is a bit heavy for southern CA weather. After all, it's the good nights sleep that we are really paying for first. Everything else comes after that. I would stay here again. Superior hotel quality, good $ value, location seemed safe, large clean rooms and friendly staff. Hope this helps you decide to stay here.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
Kay
"Hotel improved since our last stay"
Rooms are fresher, less fussy bedding, would like to have a lighter blanket option instead of feather quilt. It means that I have to turn the AC up more than I'd like to be comfortable. Glad that wifi is now included. Sorry that pets are no longer welcome---maybe reserving them to one floor instead of an outright ban? Overall, hotel has improved since I was here last several years ago.
2 night family trip Nov 13, 2014
In room air con fan can be noisy and irritating, and cannot be turned off. Otherwise an excellent stay.
Other trip Nov 10, 2014
"quality service"
It's was great beds were comfy staff was excellent and the warm cookies were delicious!! My kids enjoyed the heated pool..
1 night family trip Nov 3, 2014
Danny
"Nice hotel, somewhat noisy, minor changes needed."
Overall the hotel is very nice and clean. Other guest were noisy late at night which made it difficult to catch a good sleep. Walls are thin, could hear noise from neighboring rooms. Comforters and bath towels were stained.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Friendly staff, comfortable rooms"
The outside of the hotel looks a bit dated. But as soon as you walk inside it feels more like a Hilton run hotel. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. There was no fan in the bathroom, so if you took a hot shower the mirror got all fogged up, but we could live with that.
Willie
"nice hotel, good location, service could be better"
I asked for two wake-up calls. received neither one. Requested towels for pool (was chilly outside) Said they would send them right out. I had to send another guest in for them after waiting over 30 minutes. Server asked if I needed anything else at breakfast. I asked for tobacco sauce that never came.
"Warm cookies"
I love how the way they greet me by my last name with a piece of warm cookies. I gave a 5 out of 5 stars because of that, hopefully they can encourage their guest no double parking in the future.
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
Roland
"Vary clean hotel"
Vary nice
4 night family trip Oct 23, 2014
"comfortable. good access to everything. wifi weak"
room on 6th floor with wifi signal nonexistent...after troubleshooting with ATT (hotels wifi provider) finally moved to lower floor (2nd) with strong signal
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
"Enjoyable stay- clean room."
I just want to take a minute out to say how friendly everyone in the hotel was but want to send an extra shout out to Michelle at the front desk. She is soooo helpful and sweet and patient! Thanks girl- you helped make my trip as fun as it was! She needs a raise and a promotion!
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Too much noise from nearby highway and adjacent room
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Convenient to airport and major highways"
I was very pleased with my stay last week. The hotel staff and restaurant staff were very nice and accommodating.
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
"Great hotel in a convenient location"
This hotel exceeded our expectations. The rooms were very nice and comfortable, the staff were friendly and helpful, and the bar/lobby area was great. The hotel is located in a very convenient location. The only negative was the extremely poor service we had at breakfast. We would definitely stay here again.
2 night trip Oct 17, 2014
"Good alternative if you Santa Monica is sold out"
We have chosen this hotel mostly because of its location near Santa Monica. We had a good experience but not a great experience. This hotel meets expectations. Personnel is polite but you need to really ask for help when needed. We have already stayed at different hotels of that caliber before visiting DoubleTree, but proactive and friendly and helpful approach of the staff was hard to get. In a nutshell, good hotel, good rooms, moderate bad room (poor ventilation), good restaurant.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Urso
"Culver City Doubletree"
The staff was extremely friendly, the rooms were exceptionally clean, and the entire stay was very pleasant.
4 night business trip Oct 12, 2014
"Needs to boost tech supports."
Wireless signal was poor. Also room keys kept getting deactivated, requiring multiple trips back to the lobby for replacement/recharge.
5 night business trip Oct 9, 2014
Teresa
"Nice hotel except noise"
Wall and window can't block highway busy traffic noise.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Overall our stay was very good staff was very courteous and took care of our needs. I guess my only criticisms are having to pay for parking and being charged 5.00 for a bottle of water. I understand up charging, making a profit, and the convenience of it but when I can go 2 blocks and get the same bottle of water for 1.50 that price just seems ridiculous.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
Armando
"Very convenient location. Excellent amenities."
Only stayed one night but loved the hotel. The amenities were great.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
Ben
Beautiful just beautiful
1 night business trip Oct 4, 2014
phillip
"not happy"
Well first and formost the quality of the hotel was nice. But, the parking was ridiculous. If i am paying $17 a night for parking i expect to park where the hotel is at. Instead we had to park our car across the street where its creepy and where vehicles fly passing the intersection. It was scary crossing that street especially at night. Another thing, the housekeepers were so annoying in the morning, knocking on the door waiting to clean the room. that happened 3x while we were there. I voiced my dissatisfaction to the staff but they didnt seem to care at all. I dont think i will stay there again. NOT happy,. This Hilton was not what i expected.
3 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
Gloria
"hotel"
Enjoy this stay,liked the area will stay again
2 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
Elda
"Rude staff small beds"
Ask to change rooms because beds too small asked to change rooms and pay the difference they refused me. I'm 6" 1' slept terribly also suppose to be non smoking my floor smelled like smoke. Also called down to the desk to ask where the ice machine is and was left on hold for 4 mins
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
t
"Great place to relax wonderful atmosphere"
Excellent came to stay from San Diego, spent a night with grandchildren. The staff was so attentive with the children. The fresh baked cookies made there day.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014