All hotels in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
600 Saint Charles Ave, New Orleans, LA, 70130, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice room and we'll located"
Very nice room recently and nicely renovated. Friendly staff. Good location only few minutes walk from French District.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
"Accommodating staff"
The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Valet service was great as well. 1st night I was on the 3rd floor on the side where the streetcar passes. I did not get a good night's sleep so requested a room change. They moved me to the 6th floor and it was great.
2 night family trip Apr 21, 2015
"Great Location!"
The night we checked in there was a free concert in Lafayette Square next to the hotel. The next day was the start of the four-day French Quarter Festival with 23 stages of free music and lots of good food and beverages. The hotel was in walking distance of three museums and about 20 art galleries as well as many excellent restaurants. It's a historic hotel, which has been refurbished, so it has lots of character and somewhat small rooms and fewer amenities than newer hotels, but we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Good location for our purpose"
Suite was spacious. Suite between the elevators was most quiet according to front desk staff.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
"Hotel with character but behind on maintenance"
Hotel has a lot of character. Conveniently located also. It does have some defects here and there and it behind on maintenance.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Nice hotel and close to attractions"
This hotel is within walking distance to the French Quarter and some very good restaurants. It is also on the St. Charles trolly line so you can hop on the trolly and go anywhere you need to. The hotel is older; however, it is in good condition and is very comfortable. The bell person, Catherine, was excellent in giving us advise on the areas within New Orleans and her experience turned out to be right on for every thing we tried out. I would definately stay at this hotel again and I would recommend it to others.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
Christa
"Easy Load In and Load Out"
I'd brought clubs to play Audubon Park with my friend so the expansive loading zone on St Charles was a real plus. The room was nice and very clean, the bed strong, even the pre-packaged coffee wasn't horrible. Would have been nice had they found room for a mini fridge, but unless it's Mardi Gras, no one comes to NO to hang out in their hotel room. Quiet, pleasant, I experienced no difficulties and the staff were nice as well. Would certainly stay again.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Great location and rates. Close to everything. Nice staff.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Great hotel and location. Just remember you will have to pay for parking. Minimum was about $30 per day
1 night romance trip Mar 31, 2015
"Extra special little spot"
Completely enjoyable
5 night trip Mar 24, 2015
"Has potential but disappointing in it's delivery"
Room was comfortable but was woken up every morning at 7am by the city workers and their leaf blower. Mgt said there was nothing they could do. blower echoed off the buildings and up through my CLOSED window on the top (5th) floor. Can only imagine what people on the lower levels experienced. They only have Valet parking. Which is fine if they had your car ready when you called down. I called both mornings I stayed there about 20mins in advance and even though they said they'd have it waiting, they didn't. The second morning I even heard the valet ask the front desk clerk if she had alerted the valet and she simply said, No. No apology to me. All three of the desk clerks I interacted with were curt and didn't belong in the service industry. Won't stay here again.
The hotel is historically beautiful and in a strategic and quiet location. We had a new room on the 6th floor that was very open and nice. The new AC was leaking a little and they were in the process of trying to correct it. Other than that, it was very enjoyable.
"Great location, very clean and comfy beds!"
Visiting my daughter stationed in Belle Chasse and a great time at carnivale with the parades. Stayed the night and was a perfect location for viewing the parades. Very clean and had charm. Awesome staff. Bathroom could use some updating although very clean. Beds very comfortable. Location perfect!
1 night family trip Feb 12, 2015
Vivian
"Simple and clean hotel."
Simple and clean hotel. Room with the balcony was cool. This hotel isn't luxury and it's no frills. But it was clean and in good condition and it was all that my husband and I needed for our 5-day trip to New Orleans. Area was nice and we walked everywhere.
5 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
Erica
"Disappointing experience"
The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, although there were limited services or amenities available. The hotel rooms were spacious but sadly in a worn and tired state. The bed linens were very nice, but the towels and bathroom were deplorable. The old brass hardware had left years of residue and rust on the fixtures. The overhead lighting was exposed fluorescent bulbs and the furniture was dented, scraped and in need of replacement. Although we enjoyed our time in New Orleans, we will not be returning to the Lafayette Hotel.
2 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
"A Wonderful Experience!"
This is a beautiful older hotel. It is close enough to the French Quarter for a leisurely walk. A special shout out to Mr. Adam and the other courteous staff.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
"Disappointed!!"
Enjoyed stay but at the beginning of stay room was not made up despite maid request on door and request at desk. Maids were on floor when I left room for the day. When I returned bed not made, bathroom not cleaned, towels and soap not replaced and maid request sign still hanging on door!!
3 night business trip Feb 26, 2015
Roland
"Nice but expensive."
Room was nice though a little small, had king size bed. Overall too pricey especially given that parking was extra, and even parking was more expensive than nearby lots.
3 night trip Feb 25, 2015
"Something's missing"
I had issues with staying connected to the WiFi service and couldn't get connected at all during second day of stay. Also, there are no vending machines in the hotel. I was referred to a grocery store three blocks away. Those were the only issues - hotel was clean and comfortable
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
Jimmy
"Weekend stay"
Overall, the service was pretty good, lack of working wifi was a problem, no flat screen, limited channels, no vending machines, a problem, once the renovations are complete the hotel will be pretty nice, overpriced for the amenities
2 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
"Do not go after Marti Gras"
I was looking for a hotel in New Orleans to stay so I would be close tot he airport. This hotel happened to be on the parade route of the Marti Gras. The access was bad and the parking fee was ridiculous, $36.00 for a single night. This is a older hotel and was comfortable but the internet service did not work. You are within walking distance to almost anywhere which I enjoyed.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
"Last minute getaway..."
AWESOME experience.... the room was perfect,room size was perfect,location was perfect, comfortable bed!!! The staff was so friendly! I appreciate everything they did to make my stay a wonderful experience. I look forward to staying again!
4 night trip Feb 5, 2015
"Good value for the money"
Lovely older hotel; interesting, if small, room. Good location just outside of the French Quarter.
1 night family trip Feb 1, 2015
Winifred
"Nice Location Away from French Quarter"
Our room faced St Charles Ave, so the constant sound of the streetcars was a little annoying. But then, it was our choice to stay at the hotel knowing its location. The room lighting was not all that spectacular, especially in the alcove where the coffeemaker, ice bucket and water glasses were kept. There was no overhead light there at all to see what you were doing. Overall, it's a comfortable, good place to stay!!
2 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
"Hidden Gem in Plain Sight"
Been by the hotel many times, but never looked into staying there. It was hidden behind parade stages when I went to check in. The refurbished hotel had reasonable rates, friendly staff, a nice bar (good happy hour prices), and what seemed to be a good restaurant. A bit tricky getting out of parking.
2 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
Chad
"Temporarily inexpensive hotel"
I chose an inexpensive hotel nearest to the convention location. It's price was low because it was renovating every room. It will be more expensive in the future but worth it because it is only 6 blocks from the French quarter in New Orleans.
3 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
William J
"Wonderful staff"
Would recommend to anyone. The only issue we had it is a non smoking hotel. Other than that it's wonderful
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
vee
"New Orleans just before Mardi Gras"
Fantastic. Very relaxing
4 night romance trip Jan 26, 2015
Albert
"Great place...a bit noisy"
This was a wonderful find! Very well decorated and recently remodeled. Everything was clean and comfortable and only about 5 or 6 blocks from the French Quarter. The only two complaints were about the noise. Our room faced St. Charles Street and the traffic (think streetcar) was quite loud. Also, there was a dog in a room about 2 doors down from us that yipped and whined late into the night. We didn't complain...not sure what the hotel could've done about it. Aside from the lack of insulation, the place was great and we would stay there again.
2 night business trip Jan 27, 2015
Phillip
"Excellent location!"
The location of the Lafayette Hotel was great! It's right on the St. Charles trolley line and if you prefer walking, you will be in the French Quarter in 10-15 minutes. You can also walk to the Aquarium, the IMAX Theater, the WW II Museum, the Civil War Museum, the Insectarium, etc. The staff was very friendly and helpful, another plus. Our room was beautiful and clean. The hotel was a combination of modern amenities and old New Orleans architecture. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
"Very old hotel in need of some tender loving care."
Great location and good old hotel. Its old though and you can tell. I had no shower in room and had to take a bath, bathroom was old. Beds were fantastic and view of St. Charles St. was great!
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
thomas
"Great location and value"
Hotel staff, location and value were all excellent. The hotel is a bit worn, but they had renovations ongoing. I was upgraded to a suite, which was excellent. My friends had a regular room which was very small.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
Thought the staff, location and price was great...only down side was noise from the street car if your room is on the entrance side. Otherwise really good.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Juan
"Good Hotel"
Good experience. The hotel staff was very cordial. The hotel staff provided assistance as needed.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Ben
"Nice stay in New Orleans"
My wife and I went for a last minute getaway. We got to the hotel late in the evening and the staff was very friendly. We got into the room and was amazed, the room was very spacious. The beds were nice and comfortable. The hotel is going through some renovations but it didn't bother us during our stay. They were even doing work on our floor right in the next room and we were able to sleep in with no issues.One thing to keep in mind is there isn't much for parking anywhere in New Orleans. There are some lots around the hotel for about $24 a night but they look real shady but the hotel offers a locked area for your car for $31 a night.We mostly toured around the French Quarter during our stay and we were able to leave the car at the hotel. We walked everywhere from the hotel to the attractions we wanted to see. The rail car also goes in front of the hotel as well and it will take you around the city so you don't need to bother driving during your stay.
2 night romance trip Jan 5, 2015
"Very pleasant hotel"
Comfortable hotel in the art district nice cafe across the park, same side of street vegetarian cafe on Julia street street car on St. Charles
2 night business trip Jan 11, 2015
Eva
"Great location and charm!"
We found the hotel to be quiet and full of old world European style charm. The beds were fabulous, extremely comfortable! The weather was very cold and our room never got warm. We left the curtains closed all the time to keep out the cold, resulting in little lighting in the room as the lamps did not give much. Additional lighting and better heating would have made our stay more enjoyable. Otherwise, I would highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
"Under renovation..."
We were woken up at 730 am by the sounds of sawing right outside our room. The fire alarm was being tested. We had to use the stairs and couldn't easily find our way out of the hotel. No one even mentioned to us that there would be construction.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
"great rustic hotel"
It was good except for the parking
2 night trip with friends Jan 5, 2015
"Lovely Hotel with lots of charm."
My boyfriend and I were looking for a romantic New Orleans get away, and we got just that staying at the Lafayette. The hotel has an old New Orleans charm and a staff that was very pleasant and helpful. The room was somewhat small, but very comfortable and clean. There is a lovely bar on the first floor with a talented bartender. They offered secure, gated parking that compared in price with the other parking garages in the city. The trolley stopped just down from the lobby door, so getting around the city was a breeze. It is close enough to all the action to walk if you really want to take in all the sights and shops, yet far enough from the party scene to be peaceful. Being on the edge of the Garden district, the location of the Lafayette feels safe, which was very important to me. Each person, from the lovely young lady that checked us in, to the fabulous doormen/women that were ever present to assist us with our questions about the city, that we encountered while staying at the Lafayette made us feel welcome and at home. We will definitely stay here on our next trip to New Orleans.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
staff was great and very helpful. Hotel is within walking distance to many sights
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Pick another hotel!"
When we booked our four-day stay, the hotel did not share with us that they're under major renovations. Every morning (during our vacation), workers began hammering and drilling very loudly at 8 AM. The hotel lied and told us the work wouldn't begin until 9 AM, but that was never the case. It was dirty and dusty and noisy all day long. Taking a nap or sleeping in is completely impossible. The staff was indifferent to our problem. They refused to start hammering at a more reasonable hour. I would NOT stay there unless ALL the major work was done. Customer service was terrible. Bathroom was dirty and for $300 a night, nothing fancy at all. Stay somewhere else.
3 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
"Anniversary Getaway"
Staff was very accommodating and helpful. Room was very large and comfortable, like a small apartment. Great location.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
CJ
"Overpriced"
Bare bones hotel. Could not supply shower cap, water, soda, or anything. Had advertised robe as amenity but not supplied. Hair found on bathtub, walls and toilet. Otherwise pretty clean. Got home and received additional $112 in charges that when called, the hotel could not explain to my understanding. Saying it was a "deposit." Will dispute the charges. Staff friendly but not helpful.
2 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
Victoria
"Nice Hotel, good value, great location"
Had great Experience in hotel. Friendly staff, good value and great location, and comfortable clean room allowed us a great Christmas stay.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
Alberto
"Excellent bargain"
professional staff - extremely clean - great mattress - great location
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
GG
"Loved the Hotel!"
This is a brautiful hotel not too far from the french quarter but far enough that you can get a good nights rest.. They have been fixing up and painting the rooms and they look great.. We were upgraded for free to a suite.. Only bad thing was that the water doesnt drain properly in the shower..
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
Ruben
"Great getaway."
Courteous, helpful staff. Some remodeling being done but cause no interference. Valet staff quick and efficient. Conveniently located. Great room rates. Some reviews rate as noisy but quiet except for occasional street car. Very good for a 1916 hotel!
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
daniel
"cute, quaint place to stay"
staff was great. didnt get chance to sample the food. Resturant stopped serving at 930/10pm Other than that...great stay:-)
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Pleasant Stay on St. Charles Ave"
I booked my weekend stay at the Lafayette Hotel as a last minute birthday getaway for my girlfriend and I for the New Orleans Bowl. We were not disappointed with our stay! The staff was wonderfully friendly and the hotel was in perfect walking distance to the Superdome for the game. Nice hotel, would visit again!
2 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014