All hotels in Red Deer, Alberta, Canada

"Christmas 2014"
The beds were so comfortable! Located close to downtown, easy access. Look out the window in early morning and see deer walking across the parking lot. Enjoyed the hot, breakfast buffet.
4 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
"RUN DOWN APPEARANCE"
Was disappointed at the run down appearance & cost of the hotel in this state. It appears they are attempting to upgrade the rooms etc. but I expected a Lodge to be of better quality & appearance.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
"Road trip"
We were on our way to Jasper and stayed here for the night. The hotel was nice and clean, and had a wonderful breakfast to start the day off.
Response by Red Deer Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre
Thank you for your feedback on your trip to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to serving you again very soon. Sincerely, K. Ritchie - General Manager
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
"Disgusting"
This hotel must get good ratings because of its ease to get to. The carpets were so dirty we did not take our shoes off. Spills and stains all over. Bathroom floor had black hair on floor and awful reno mess up of dripping glue on hook. Quilts were full of bumps. Hot tub standing room only - no seats. Talked with other guests while at pool and they too agreed, so not just our room. I think the hotel gets points for location and surrounding area so it boots its ratings. Awful overall condition.
Response by Red Deer Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre
Sue, Thank you for your feedback on your trip to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. We encourage our guests to provide us with details of their stay so we can ensure our processes and expectations are being achieved. I do apologize your visit was not as enjoyable as anticipated and I agree the Hotel could use a refresh of some of the areas. The cleanliness of the room concerns me and I will be sharing this review with the Director of Rooms as we may not have brand new furniture in our rooms but the rooms need to be clean for our guests. The hot tub seating has been a concern for some of our guests but at this time we do not a definite solution. We would love the opportunity to serve you again when travelling in the Red Deer area. Sincerely, K. Ritchie - General Manager
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
Sue
"leave your shoes on"
We stayed one night. The carpets in the rooms were so dirty we left our shoes on entire time. Food stains and who knows what else... dry goop on bathroom door from sloppy repairs. Hot tub is stand up only?? Breakfast buffet bare minimum. Will not stay again or recommend.
Response by Red Deer Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre
Sue, Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. I agree the rooms in the Tower need to be refreshed including replacing the stained carpet in some of the rooms. Our pool and Hot Tub are set in the relaxing tropical courtyard but I have to apologize the configuration of the Hot tub limits how relaxed our guests can be as it is a standing only style. We have looked at options at address this for our guests but no definitive solution has been implemented to date. I do apologize your first visit with us was disappointing in our Tower section. We understand you have choices when travelling in the Red Deer area and would love the opportunity to give us another try.
1 night business trip Aug 8, 2014
Sue
"Disappointed with room amenities"
While the hotel was clean and comfortable, the missing shower curtain and the old, small tv made me wonder how they could charge so much for a room! On the plus side, the included breakfast was very good.
Response by Red Deer Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre
Skye, Thank you for your feedback regarding your latest visit to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. I do apologize the room attendant failed to replace the shower curtain when she removed the old one for cleaning. I will pass along your comments to our Hskp team as a coaching moment for the room attendants. I am glad to see you enjoyed the breakfast buffet offered with the room rate. We are aware the TV's in our guest rooms are an opportunity to improve and are in the process of changing them out with 42" flat screens as the old ones fail. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again soon.
2 night trip May 19, 2014
"Nice little getaway"
Really enjoyed the pool in the atrium. Staff extremely friendly and courteous.
Response by Red Deer Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre
Lynn, Thank you for your five star rating of your trip to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. The Associates of the Hotel are indeed a group of friendly and caring people. I am glad they made your visit better. Please come back and visit again soon.
1 night family trip Jan 25, 2014
Lynn
"great view of the valley!"
great service - friendly staff!
Response by Red Deer Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre
Kim, Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Central AB
1 night trip Dec 28, 2013
kim
"Great price"
Great place to stay.
Response by Red Deer Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre
Russ, Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. We look forward to serving you again soon.
1 night business trip Dec 20, 2013
Russ
"Good Stay"
It was overall a good experience. Will probably stay there again.
Response by Red Deer Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre
Jerry, Thank you for your rating of your visit to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again very soon.
3 night trip Dec 11, 2013
Jerry
"Hotel review"
I helped build the tower of the lodge 32 years ago and the hotel seems to be the same, nice place to stay.
Response by Red Deer Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre
Tom, Thank you for sharing your history with the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. We look forward to serving you again in future.
1 night trip Oct 26, 2013
"in town for a family wedding"
Hotels.com did not convey information I provided about the age of the child travelling with us, but the hotel staff was able to change our room and accomodate everyone in our party without too much hassle. They were very pleasant throughout our stay in Red Deer. We did have a problem with the bathroom leaking in the room above us in the tower room we were placed in. The next day the plumber fixed the problem above our bathroom and the cleaning staff scrubbed our bathtub properly which corrected the problem.
Response by Red Deer Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre
Vee Cee, Thank you for sharing your experience at the Red Deer Lodge Hotel during your recent visit to the Hotel. I am happy to see the team was able to locate a room that worked with your family. I trust the wedding went smoothly and everyone enjoyed themselves. If you are traveling in the area again, please consider staying with us again.
2 night family trip Oct 11, 2013
"nice place"
The room was very clean. The beds were very comfortable. The staff friendly and helpful. It also had a huge restaurant with free breakfast. The price was about forty dollars cheaper going thru hotels.com also. I always call the hotel first and try to bargain then get the price thru hotels.com and compare.
Response by Red Deer Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre
Mike, Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience with the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. I am glad to read you enjoyed your time with us. Look forward to serving you again soon.
1 night business trip Sep 23, 2013
"DON'T BOTHER"
Poor, run down, uncomfortable, unclean, dreadful food, parking lot a badly laid out pot holed death trap. I only stayed 1 night of a 3 night stay in this place. I found alternative accommodation in a clean hotel, I refused to stay there one more moment. Staff on front desk were un intrested but competent. The breakfast was terrible but the waitresses were friendly and helpful. But a good server can't pull back a rating for one of the worst places I've stayed. I'd try the Norman Bates motel before here again.... Motherrrrrr....
Response by Red Deer Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre
DH, Thank you for your feedback on your visit to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. I do apologize that your experience was not a pleasant one. We have received several great comments from our guests on the hot breakfast buffet since we began offering it this year so when we receive a less than fantastic comment, I share it with the Food & Beverage team to investigate why. It is with assistance of our guests that we continue to review and assess our processes to ensure we are providing the high level of service to our guests. We would love the opportunity to serve you again when travelling to the Red Deer area.
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2013
DH
"Walking paths and parks very handy"
Complimentary breakfast very good. TV outdated. WiFi not consistent. I would stay again.
Response by Red Deer Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre
Bill, Thank you for your feedback on your visit to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. The Breakfast buffet has been getting great reviews from our guests and I am glad to see you enjoyed it as well. Please come back and visit soon.
6 night trip Aug 12, 2013
"Great place."
Nice clean hotel with friendly helpful staff. Great location, close to lots of amenities.
Response by Red Deer Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre
Terry R, Thank you for your great feedback on your visit to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again soon.
2 night trip Aug 9, 2013
Terry R
Hotel was very nice, staff was great. Room could use an upgrade, but was still very clean and comfortable. Free breakfast buffet was excellent.
Response by Red Deer Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre
Terry, Thank you for your feedback on your last experience at the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. It is great to see excellent comments on the hot breakfast buffet from our guests that have both stayed before and new guests to our Hotel. We are here and ready to help you when you are in Red Deer on your next trip.
1 night trip Jul 15, 2013
Terry
"Nice Location"
Very good food was excellent, staff were very friendly
Response by Red Deer Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre
Thank you for your comments on the food and the service the team provided to you during your visit to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. We know you have choices when travelling to the Red Deer area and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.
2 night trip Jul 12, 2013
"Clean, Quiet and Convenient"
Had a great stay. Red Deer is a cute small city and this was in a perfect location, right down town. Breakfast was good and clean (the eggs and hash browns were cold, but the rest was beautiful). Good atmosphere in the dining area. Friendly staff. Good value.
Response by Red Deer Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre
Heather, I must apologize for the temperature of some of the food items on the buffet . We strive to provide our guests a great start to the day with a hot breakfast. Thank you for your feedback to allow us to address concerns and improve for our guests. If you travel this far west again, please consider the Red Deer Lodge Hotel as one of your stop over locations.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
Dont waste your time or your hard earned money elseware this is the best place in red deer to stay. Ive stayed in almost all the hotels and red deer lodge is by far the nicest best located and amazingly one of the cheaper places to stay. Over my last 10 visits to this hotel the average nightly rate was about $96. Awesome hotel the salt water pool is nice .... Although in a strange spot in the hotel. The restaurant on site , Botanica is awesome ... Great service .. Great prices and great hours... Also free breakfast when u wake up ... The red deer lodge cannot be beat.
Response by Red Deer Lodge Hotel and Conference Centre
I want to thank you for submitting your comments on your visit to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. I am happy to see you enjoyed so many of our features and services of the Hotel. We do have numerous guests comment on the hot breaskfast buffet and the great service they receive while staying with us. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.
1 night business trip Mar 23, 2013
"nice place."
They really emphasize customer service. The loby and pool area is really nice. The tower rooms could still use some more updating and the cealings need some more updating. Need to upgrade counters in bathroom and to flat screen tvs. It included a nice hot breakfast which made the value of the room great. They accommodated my food allergies which was awesome.
Other trip Jan 1, 2013

It was fine and affordable
1 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
Neil
"Good hotel in a good location!"
We had a very nice stay, and particularly enjoyed the courtyard and swimming pool! We loved that there was a park with an amazing playground practically across the street, and our 5 year old daughter could play there. We also enjoyed the Saturday morning Farmer's Market. Wow! What an amazing Farmer's Market and nice surprise! The room was standard, and we were happy to be able to have our dog with us in the room. The staff at the restaurant were extremely friendly and the food was decent. The only problem we had was that, as apparently our room hadn't been used in quite a long time, when we turned on the bathtub the water was initially reddish, probably because of rust. Other than that, everything was fine!
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"Keep searching"
Hotel needs a makeover bad. It's very outdated. We stayed for 3 days and the people next to us partied every night until 4am. I told the front desk about it and they said a manager would call us in 20 mins but no one every called. Not happy
3 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
Dustin
"Just okay"
We spent one night here, and for the price of the room you would expect a pretty high quality, but it was old and tired. I was totally astounded that they would put a duvet on the bed with all the filling bunched up in the squares, bed was all lumpy and bumpy.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"Waste of nice facility"
Chose to stay there as it claimed lounge and restaurant. Had been there previously and enjoyed both. Rooms haven't been updated in at least a decade and are showing it. The TV's are still old school tube tv's. Neither the lounge or restaurant exist any more. This means no place to grab drink. Have food. Get room service. Just an extremely mediocre breakfast buffet from 7 to 9 am. It was disappointing to see such a promising facility wasted.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Close to family and downtown."
We often stay at Red Deer Lodge and as always it is perfect for us. Our son and family live within walking distance. We also like the closeness to the downtown core. The breakfast is great, the pool area very nice! A good experience, as usual!
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
nini
"Last time!"
I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times previously for business and this is my last time. To my surprise the restaurant was closed for dinner which gave a very eerie feeling when your room is close to their indoor tropical Courtyard and not a soul to be found. For the first time I actually had to scrub my own tub, someone left a dirty ring behind. The phone's message light kept blinking so I called and there was no message. Since the blinking light was annoying while trying to work on the computer I questioned front desk and the solution was to unplug it which does not come in handy when one is waiting for a guest to arrive at the hotel.
1 night business trip Feb 26, 2015
"Comfortable Business Trip"
Business trip - good place to stay.
1 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
"Going downhill Fast."
Going downhill fast. Outdated. Poor maintenance, poor drainage in bathtub during shower the water is a very slow drain. No restaurant services. The room charges a exorbitant for a dump. In addition the parking is a huge puddle.
2 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
Errol
"Mystery of the room service disappearance"
Overall it was great, except that we could not get a hold of room service at all during our stay.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Nice Hotel close to downtown and park trails"
It was clean comfortable and the breakfast buffet was good.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
Kate
This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. Both times were for basketball tournaments. This hotel is located close to several amenities. The breakfast buffet is great. This time we had a room facing the pool area. It was a bit noisy but not too bad and it quieted down at a reasonable hour and we had no problem getting to sleep. If you want peace and quiet, you may want to request a room away from the pool area, but as I said it was quiet at a reasonable hour. I would recommend this hotel. The staff was friendly and accommodating.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
TV
"family visit"
Trip was to visit with family to celebrate Xmas and birthdays.
2 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
"No soup for you!"
The restaurant is closed for dinner! They actually close at 2PM due to staff shortages. Maybe a lack of customer interest but it had all guests scrambling for options at the last minute.
1 night business trip Feb 5, 2015
Dana
"Never again."
This has always been our hotel of choice in red deer, but not anymore. Restaurant was closed for dinner, despite it being advertised as open until 10 pm. Rooms had a very strong pine tree air freshener smell that was nauseating. Front desk staff very unfriendly.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Older but clean pet friendly"
Really hated the restaurant being closed for supper and breakie only from 7 to 9
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Good Value"
Still have tube TV's and rooms are slightly outdated. Other than that this hotel was great. Breakfast buffet was a typical continental breakfast if you want eggs I suggest ordering it! That goes for the sausage too! We enjoyed the pool area with family friends during our stay the atrium is a nice bonus.
3 night romance trip Dec 23, 2014
Crystal
"Good place for a family."
Nice place for a family to stay. reasonable price, good restaurant friendly staff.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Brahm
"Nice facility, requires some work"
Overall my stay was satisfactory. The facility requires some modern updates. The furniture in the room shows obvious signs of wear, as well cable management of the added amenities requires some attention. With a little work this hotel can really shine once again.
2 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"review"
The elevators for the tower are rough
1 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
"Great Deal!! What Not To Like ?"
It was a great price with a hot buffet breakfast!! It was very quiet, excellent sound proof wall, you would not hear the next door at 06:00 in the morning for shower or toilet flushing!! Lovely staffs, especially in the restaurant, they make you want to come back and stay. Very clean and comfortable beds! Location is close to down town,it is easy for you to go any sides of the city!!
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
I'm from red deer and this hotel has been there as long as I can remember. It's been renovated and is still very nice. Great value for what I paid
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Brenda
"would at again on a sort turnover"
the restaurant was not open during dinner times and fund it expedience. the staff was good when i extended my stay for the extra night at a good rate. over all great place to stay.
1 night trip Dec 27, 2014
"Decent Hotel, could use some improvement"
The room itself was good, but still had a tube television instead of a flat screen. This was a problem as i had brought along a Playstation and was unable to use it. The bed was also decent, however the pillows were flat. The staff on the other hand were excellent and had no issues at all in that regard. Overall a good hotel for the price.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Just a tiny winy suggestion otherwise a good place"
Top notch hotel, great service and clean. Just 2 recommendations 1. Tv in room was the old tube kind and a contrast to everything new in the room.Would be nice to upgrade to newer lcd,plasma tvs (roll with the times) 2. Seemed to be running out of items for breakfast hence kept guests waiting.more punctual re stock would be nice
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
"Family stay"
Great hotel. Kids had fun in the pool. TV could of been a bit bigger and maybe a few toys and lifejakets that you could rent. I would stay here again...
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"The friendly staff made for a pleasant stay."
The room was ready when we checked in. Front desk staff were very helpful. The free breakfasts were a definite benefit, with friendly and helpful staff. Room temperature was just right. There was lots of parking available.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
Bud
"Decent hotel"
Good breakfast, website failed to mention it was only from 7 AM to 9AM. Parking lot was a free for all gong show. TV's in the room were ancient. Bed was comfortable, room over all was clean.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"It was good"
The room itself was considerably better than most simularly priced hotels in the Red Deer area. It was clean and comfortable.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014