All hotels in Pismo Beach, California, United States of America
2757 Shell Beach Road, Pismo Beach, CA, 93449, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Unknown construction"
They were stripping the wallpaper off the walls and were putting a base coat on the walls. Tried to take a nap and could here housekeeping/construction crew working on other side of a wall. My room was the last one on the floor with an employee door adjacent to room.
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
"Worse experience I have ever had at a hotel"
We had to check out of the hotel at midnight. The hotel staff could not control guests who had been at a party for Granite Construction. There were beer bottles in the hallway and when we left the hotel around midnight, there were beer bottles as you left the hotel. It was like a frat house and the management was afrad to confront the guests who were out of control. It was a disturbing experience.
Other trip Jan 27, 2014
"A beautiful spot to relax!"
I stayed at the Cliffs for two nights for a mini getaway. My mother lives in the Central Valley and I live in Los Angeles, so it's an equal distance drive for us to meet up for a quick girls weekend. The Cliffs is an absolutely lovely hotel. Clean, nice service, stunning views. A great place to relax. If I'm being picky the only negative was being unable to get room service in the morning. They only do it during peak seasons. The view was so beautiful and the room so comfy it's easy to want to stay in. Overall I think this is the place to stay when in Pismo and I will be again!
Response by The Cliffs
Gabrielle ~ I'm so glad you and your mother found our location convenient to meet and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next stay!
2 night trip Jan 19, 2014
Gabrielle
"Excellent overall. We would recommend the hotel."
Everything was perfect, except we were not able to get into the room until a little past 4 pm. We were tired from driving and wanted to rest as soon as we arrive. Other than that, staff, room, view, pool, gym, restaurant are excellent.
Other trip Jan 22, 2014
Azvel
The quality of the hotel and restaurant is amazing! The food was so good and so was the view. The bell hops were excellent as well. Now the front desk manager really needs to take a course on customer service. It was our wedding day and really wanted to get in the room a little early. I had to call about 6 times to get them to actually honor our request and while I did get in the room on time, I never felt like they were actually trying or even cared about our day. To top it off, the restaurant messed up billing our room for the dinner and the front desk manager called us 3 times between 10:30-11:00pm on our "wedding night". And when I went to complain about it thinking it was just some employee I was shocked to find out it was the manager herself!! After telling her how unhappy I was with her customer service and that I would never stay there again, she hands me a 20% off my next stay coupon to help fix the problem. I was so insulted! They totally ruined our wedding night.
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2014
"dated hotel; so-so service/cleanliness"
dated hotel; so-so service and cleanliness. hotel restaurant staff not real flexible.
1 night trip Dec 26, 2013
"Stopping point for trip to Central Coast"
Nice stay. Beautiful location.
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
Jackie
"Business travel"
Excellent place to relax and unwind. Staff is very professional. The ameniities are good. It is not opulent, but very practical and flirts with luxury without being pretentious.
2 night trip Nov 19, 2013
BSntith
The room we were given was not what we were originally promised. Instead of a king, it was a queen double which would have been fine if not for the fact that the room was right over the entrance and the spot where the valet parking was conducted. The loud voices and car doors slamming all night made sleep impossible. The shower head was faulty and sprayed all over making taking a shower difficult as I didn't want to get my hair wet. We went down to the bar and the well drinks were ridiculously priced. For only fifty cents more I could have had top shelf. All in all, not a pleasant experience. When checking out and asked how we enjoyed our stay, I relayed my experience, but no one really cared. I go to the Pismo area a lot, but won't be staying at the Cliffs anymore.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
the first night was very noisy on the first level b/c of a large retreat at the hotel. however after speaking with the manager, he was able to switch us to a King size room down the hallway and much quieter. Overall we had a great stay at the Cliffs and will be back again soon!
2 night trip Nov 8, 2013
joe
"Nice hotel, close to ocean"
The lobby and facilities at the hotel were very nice. Room was nice and clean, bathroom was small and dated. They were doing remodeling by our room and Monday morning it was very noisy. We didn't have a room with a view because we booked late and they weren't available. I wouldn't stay there again if they didn't have a room with a view, because it's not worth the price to look at the parking lot. The lobby is nice and the restaurant was very good.
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
Lesa
"Beautiful hotel lovely views"
Rooms were great and the location on the beach was fantastic
1 night family trip Oct 22, 2013
This was our second opportunity to stay at the Cliffs. It's an ideal location for a visit to SLO or for an overnight stay mid-way between LA and SF.
Other trip Oct 18, 2013
"Room was noisy. Room vibrated"
Stayed in a non view room was next to house keeping the deck vibrated ever time they did a load of laundary. And the noise from the dryer was loud. I keep wakimg up from it room was beautiful just make sure you dont get the room in the corner next to the housekeeping talked to front desk they blew it off and said they never heard that complaint before. (Yea right)
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
jim
Friendly helpful staff.
2 night romance trip Sep 24, 2013
Awesome location, great atmosphere.... the only place i will stay when visiting my daughter in SLO, moving forward.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2013
Jake
"Amazing view, friendly staff & great ambiance"
We celebrated our anniversary at the Cliffs Resort and couldn't have been happier with the service, accommodations, and amazing views!
Other trip Sep 19, 2013
"Beautiful hotel, beautiful location."
We were very pleased with our stay at The Cliffs. The staff was friendly and courteous, and the hotel was very well appointed and very clean. The location was beautiful! We look forward to staying again, and for a longer period.
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
"Centrally located, clean, friendly staff"
Clean and relatively new/modern rooms; staff was very polite and willing to please. Only comments/semi-complaints are that 1) we were "upgraded" to a partial-view room after waiting in line to check-in behind a disgruntled customer, and it was definitely a PARTIAL view - I'm glad we didn't end up having to see what a non-view room was. 2) This is more about the restaurant right next door but I think there was some kind of affiliation so I'm including this - anyway, my boyfriend and I popped over for a happy hour drink/appetizer after checking in. After ordering, the waitress cam back a few minutes later to tell me they were out of gin (a bar/restaurant runs out of that??) for one of the signature cocktails I ordered. Then I ordered a beer and our waitress went to get it along with my boyfriend's drink. But she came back AGAIN and said they were out of that particular beer - if there are such holes in supply, servers should be more aware of what's available or not. That, plus the fact that the glass our waitress brought for my boyfriend's beer was filthy and had unidentifiable chunks stuck to the insides, in my opinion should have resulted in at least one of our drinks comped. She was very apologetic about everything but it all just seemed unprofessional and that would have been a professional way to address those minor - but multiple - issues.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2013
"Great stop along hwy 1"
Loved this hotel! It was a perfect stop driving down the coast from San Fran to Santa Monica. The rooms are great and have a fire place which was fun. The jacuzzi and pool was perfect and relaxing after a long drive. The location is nice when driving the coast. There isn't too much to do right around the hotel but that didn't bother us since we wanted a quieter relaxing place to spend the day and night btwn drives. The gym is nice, older equipment but everything worked. Staff was friendly. Lobby was under renovation but other than that the hotel looked well kept.
1 night trip Aug 26, 2013
Miami beach
"Vacation Stay"
Very pleasant, great view and service. From the moment you walk in to the moment you check out the service, the professionalism is above expectation.
Other trip Aug 22, 2013
"Lovely hotel right next to the beach."
This is a great place to stop half way between the Bay Area and SoCal. Comfortable rooms, nice staff and a small but adequate pool for the kids.
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
Ferris
worst food ever!
1 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"Summer Getaway!"
Great place to relax and enjoy the sunset. We stopped on our way from San Francisco and it was surprisingly nice to find out that the hotel is right off the beach with a great view!
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
Vicky
Nice stay with all the amenities. Pool was super warm which was great! Loved the sauna and spa treatment I received. Kids loved the pool and the beach access.
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2013
reusemama
"Heaven on Earth !!!"
The best of the best - If you want to stay at a clean Hotel overlooking the Pacific Ocean and to have a pool and hot tub this is it !!!!
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
Anthony
"surprise"
everything about this stay was a pleasant surprise but breakfast options were limited $$
Other trip Jul 17, 2013
"Not worth the price"
Not a very pleasant check-in experience. The lobby wasn't clean and when we visited the gift shop, the staff was very rude. The room was just OK...a bit outdated and the A/C didn't work well. Definately not worth the price paid. What you are paying for is the view. It's located in a beautiful setting.
Other trip Jul 10, 2013
Leann
"Nice getaway"
We stayed at The Cliffs the night before to visit Cal Poly the following day and would definitely go back to this hotel, however, would book an ocean view next time! Love the location, cleanliness, and modern room decor. I immediately recommended to a friend of mine who was planning a trip to PB. Also my teenage boys took the time to Tweet "niccccceee!"
1 night trip Jun 25, 2013
Lyn
"Will come again!"
Was beautiful, the view, the room, the staff, the pool, the beach access, the food and restaurant and staff there it was all really nice. We will definitely come again! We traveled from Central OR so to say wed come again is kind of big! We really dug the valet and the women who cleaned the room, we didnt even expect either of those things and to come back to our room with not only the beds made nice and neat but the kids stuffed animals decorating the pillows neatly stacked was unexpected. Coffee was replaced, towels were replaced. Extremely great quality of service.
3 night family trip Jun 17, 2013
Andrea
"Room 225-not so peaceful"
The staff was friendly and I had an AMAZING massage by Anna. Unfortunately, the hotel room was loud, (little kids ages 3 and 5 running in the halls between rooms at 10:30pm, two nights in a row!!!!!! ) there was an annoying fan outside our window that kept going on and off all night, and the bathrooms were the size of a postage stamp. Our bathroom fan did not work, so it was fogged up and stinky when my husband did his business. The pool was warm and the hot tub bubbly. The workout room is right next to the spa, so that made for a not so relaxing environment during the massage. Luckily Anna had to ask a few people to please keep their voices down and to put off the nearby construction of the sauna until I was done with the massage. I did appreciate the path to the beach since the Pismo Pier was way too crowded for fun.
Other trip Jun 11, 2013
Mother of Twins
"The Cliff"
Our stay was just ok for a place that was rated at 4 stars. The most disappointing thing was that the hotel says it allows pets and didn't state on the site that there is a $55 dollar charge for a pet fee. Because we had a pet they put us on the first floor in a room that was freezing cold with tile floor. The heater was broken so the room couldnt get warm. The location of the hotel was very nice but over all it wasn't worth $300 a night.
2 night trip Jun 7, 2013
CarpeDiem28
"I will be back"
The resort was beautiful. This time I was staying for work,but I will be back with my husband and English Bulldog. I finally found a beautiful hotel that will accept my dog.
1 night business trip Jun 5, 2013
Cliffs Hotel
"Very nice hotel right at the beach."
I have stayed here several times for conferences related to work but this is the first time my wife and I came here just to relax. We had a very pleasant stay and a very nice dinner at Marisol.
Other trip Jun 8, 2013
jim
"Pismo beach hotel"
The hotel was nice enough, however very noisy. The motor for air conditioner or heater would run for 8 minutes about every 20 minutes or so. Possibly that side of the hotel is where they put guests only staying one night, the person in the room next to us had the same complaint when checking out , room 225 and theres was room 223. The beach was not clean, so possibly you get a good rate because of this although $180 a night is expensive but maybe not for being near the ocean
1 night trip with friends Jun 2, 2013
Rumbaugh
"Great hotel."
Very nice hotel with great view of the water. Nice pool for the kids. I didn't try the restaurant but it looked nice.
Other trip Jun 7, 2013
wendiggity
"Great getaway for my College daughter and I.."
Check in was so friendly. Valet explained all of the transportation options that hotel had to offer. Rooms were big, clean, gorgeous views, comfortable. Hotel is right on the cliffs with amazing access to beaches, tidal pools ~ a true getaway!
Other trip May 31, 2013
Col & Em
"Great vacation destination"
What a lovely room .the front desk staff welcomed me like an old friend. They pay attention to detail .
Other trip May 31, 2013
Room snob
"Beautiful location"
Beautiful spot for a hotel. Great restaurant, good happy hour food and drinks. We will definitely be returning.
Other trip May 25, 2013
heidi
"Late Check in"
Hotel is very nice but be warned that check in is at 3. We arrived at 1:30 and didn't get our room until 3:30, for a 4pm wedding. Not happy about that.
1 night trip May 11, 2013
"mini vacation"
We chose this hotel mostly based on it's "pet friendly" status and location. With beach access right from our back door and an extremely friendly and accomodating staff, we were extremely pleased. We paid an extra pet cleaning fee, and were SLIGHTLY disappointed in room floor cleanliness. This resort appears to be a bit older than some, however well maintained. We would return in a heartbeat and would definitely recommend it to other travelers.
1 night trip May 2, 2013
"Great Service"
I was staying at The Cliffs on business. It was my first time in PIsmo Beach. The staff was amazing and friendly. The room clean well furnished.The restaurant was good. My only issue was that there is no room service during the weekdays and the ac/heater didn't work. I finally turned the fan off. I'm not sure if the hotel kept the temperature at 71 degrees for energy efficiency, but was a little cool for me at night. Other than that a great place to stay and I will definitely be back and recommend this hotel to any one.
2 night business trip May 2, 2013
"Our new favorite getaway"
Clean, comfortable, great location, fun bar!!!! Helpful employees, beautiful room, yummy nachos in the bar!!!
Other trip May 2, 2013
"Perfect getaway for a couple or family"
The Cliffs was a very enjoyable place to stay! It was right on the beach and had a very nice atmosphere! There was complimentary coffee every morning as well as a coffee maker in the room. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful! Would stay again in a heart beat!
Other trip May 1, 2013
Sandy
"Bad Experience at The Cliffs"
Valet lost our car key (later found), toilet smaller than apt size, no liner under the shower curtain (water ended up flooding the floor), coffee maker was defective and melted coffee tray. We wanted to have brunch on Sun at the hotel, but we were never informed that we needed a reservation. When we went to speak to the front desk, the clerk said oh you only need reservations for Sunday bunch. Hello, we stayed Saturday night the next day was Sunday. Staff did not seem to care that we were not happy. When you pay upwards of $400 a night for a room you would expect better service. Maybe when you are booked solid you don't care about the people that stay with you. Next time we'll stay at a Best Western and pay maybe half the cost and get better treatment. We will never stay at The Cliffs again and we will never recommend the hotel to anyone. On the contrary I would discourage anyone from staying at the place.
Other trip Apr 22, 2013
Rita
"Great access to the beach"
Overall great stay. Just had to ask twice for a couple extra towels and also had to ask twice about getting an extra mattress/pad for my son to sleep on the floor. Other than that, loved the easy beach access and we had a clean, comfortable room to stay in. We would stay there again.
2 night family trip Mar 28, 2013
"Nice, but a little loud."
The hotel felt a little dated, but nice. The only real problem was noise. We were on the 3rd floor, just above the lobby. People checking in or just congregating in the lobby were very loud in our room. In the evening, the bar and pool area were super loud as well. I would request a room further from the lobby. The staff was super nice though and responded to our request to change rooms
Other trip Mar 10, 2013
"Dated Hotel"
We stayed in a "dog friendly" room and there was ghastly tile instead of carpet plus they charge you a $55 pet fee which is a little ridiculous despite the dog bowl and treats. I could do without those! The hotel location is great, but it is definitely dated. Our bed was very uncomfortable and the bathroom was pretty basic. Not impressed and wouldn't go back even though the staff were very friendly.
Other trip Feb 26, 2013
"Convenient to the freeway"
There was a lot of attention to detail in the lobby and room. Nice furniture, comfortable bed, couch, and chair. Good view of the pool and ocean. Bathroom was small and looked less attended to, did not fit the same standards as the rest of the hotel. Hotel personnel were all very helpful.
Other trip Feb 22, 2013
Judy
"Great location, great hotel"
The timing, getting away from a hectic work schedule was combined with Valentine's Day, our anniversary and a 3 day weekend that was surrounded by incredible weather and sunsets. We got lucky with someone's late cancellation that enabled us to enjoy another night. We started with a couples massage right after check-in and that truly set the stage for a completely relaxing time. The hotel was entirely clean (inside and out), the staff were all friendly and it seemed like they were genuinely happy working there which makes a difference, breakfast at the restaurant outside on the patio was great with spectacular views. We kept saying like we felt we were in Hawaii. We are looking forward to our next stay at The Cliffs.
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2013