All hotels in Roslyn, New York, United States of America
1221 Old Northern Blvd, Roslyn, NY, 11576, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"A great hotel for trhe money."
I had to come to Roslyn for a wedding and this was the where everyone was staying. I didn't expect much given how inexpensive the room was. I was very pleasantly surprised. The room was large and comfortable. The bathroom was large, well laid out, and user friendly. The bed was reasonably comfortable and large and the location was great. It was a short commute from the train and a very short walk away was a great bar/restaurant called Hendrick's. The staff was very helpful, friendly, and professional. This is not a five star hotel but then it makes no claim to be so. It is however an exceptional value hotel with very good facilities, a great staff, and is in a very nice location. I wasn't expecting much but I have to say that for the money, I was extremely pleasantly surprised. The only suggestion I would say is to not take the train to Port Washington and instead go to Roslyn. It is a short mile or two walk to the hotel or you can do what I did and call a taxi, which cost me almost seven dollars plus tip (less than your typical drink!) I highly recommend this hotel for weddings, relaxing weekends or even just a get away from the city. Oh yes, the train from the city was only an hour or less and it was a nice ride too.
2 night trip with friends Dec 5, 2014
"nice stay"
It was very comfortable
1 night business trip Dec 12, 2014
kourosh
"decent hotel"
very little water pressure in the bathroom. took forever for there to be water in the toilet.
1 night trip with friends Dec 29, 2014
"Location a plus"
Everyone working in this hotel was polite, cheerful, helpful, and seemed happy to be there. The rooms were really clean and attractive. They are perfect for solo or couple stays in my opinion. Nice incentive-free cozy buffet for breakfast, though the bagels were not great quality.
4 night trip Dec 29, 2014
Pamela
"a stay at the roslyn"
Staying at the roslyn was a plesant experience. The hotel staff was very courteous and the free breakfast was a big plus. Another big plus was the free parking. The rooms are very adequate. However the rooms have very thin walls. You van hear the people above and next to you. Overall its a very great hotel and its a great stay if youre in the neoghborhood.
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
"a great stay"
Ive stayed at the roslyn numerous times. The big plus is the neighborhood which is surrounded by different restuarants. Also a big plus was the free parking it offered as well as the staff and free breakfast. The only gripe is the thin walls in the room. Overall its still a great hotel
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Some charm but needs updating"
Large room with an uncomfortable bed, tiny bath tub and the fireplace was a joke.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"lovely!"
very nice hotel, nice decor. the breakfast was great. room was a little bit cold, but overall very satisfied.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"love the decor"
the room was great but the bathroom tub could be cleaned better and they could change the bathroom shower curtain.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
bajansmallie
"Nice hotel with a few snags"
One side of the Hotel is on busy street and you hear every car/truck that races by. Ask for room on the other side. Room service was prompt, but of poor quality for the price. Steamed out bagels, toast and potatoes does not make for good eats. There has to be a better way to get food to the room.
1 night business trip Dec 25, 2014
"Average"
There was a bug in one of the beds. The room we got switched to was close to the main road, so around 6am when traffic began it was very difficult to sleep. There was also nothing left when we went down for the breakfast around 8am. The service from the front desk was great!
1 night business trip Dec 15, 2014
"Great Hotel !"
Our stay was very nice... The room was immaculate... The staff was very helpful and made sure they asked how our stay was and don't forget the continental breakfast they offered... Which isn't your average continental breakfast... It was a mini buffet... Would definitely stay again !!!
1 night romance trip Dec 7, 2014
Johnathan
"replace your windows"
too much road noise
1 night business trip Dec 9, 2014
"great atmosphere and layout"
Love the atmosphere and layout. Ask for a room at the back of the hotel. A room at the front puts you right on the main road. No actual restaurant to eat in for dinner but they have a chef for room service. We sat in the bar/lounge area and ate by the fireplace. Food took awhile but it was delicious.
1 night romance trip Dec 8, 2014
"Elegant hotel with excellent staff"
Newly renovated, charming and quaint boutique hotel with elegant furnishings. Amazing breakfast buffet with a good variety of breakfast items including smoked salmon, bacon, eggs, cereals, fresh fruits, etc. The only thing that needed mentioning is the LOUD heater that came on every 1/2 hour or so waking me up and deprived me of a full night of sleep. (I only stayed for one night). Hope something could be done about the heater 'cuz being sleep deprived is no fun.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
passing thru
"The Roslyn Hotel...A Great Choice"
I stayed here once before many years ago. I was pleased with the hotel then and just as pleased this time. It was very close to where I needed to be and had easy access to major highways on Long Island.
3 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
JEAN A
"November Business Trip"
There were four of us in for a business meeting down the street and needed a nice place to stay. The Roslyn was clean, staff very nice and helpful and the location was so convenient to our meeting location and to great restaurants. Easy in/out from LGA. The complimentary breakfast buffet was good, but the bacon was awful. In spite of that, we will definitely be back.
1 night business trip Nov 23, 2014
Audrey
"EXCELLENT"
Roselyn hotel to me is the best in the all Roselyn/westbury area.I comment so because I have hotel stay experience in the all area means I have stayed in many hotels of the area.I will recommend this hotel for business,pleasure and family stay.The best and freshly renovated "What a comfort.
1 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
sergo
I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel to friends.
"Pretty boutique hotel with some problems"
Really a 3.5 star, not a 4 star rating. Pretty little hotel, great breakfast. Not enough attention to room infrastructure and little help when I had a problem. Remote inoperative even after second set of batteries. Front desk did not send someone within a few hours, or replace remote. Moved to different room. Toilet broken. The hotel has potential, just not meeting it as of yet.
2 night trip Nov 14, 2014
Perry
"Roslyn Hotel stay"
The accommodations were very comfortable. We would stay at this hotel again, if the occasion arises. Thank you.
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
Excellent hotel. Staff very accomodating. Room warm and comfy and breakfast was delicious. Would stay here again.
1 night romance trip Nov 13, 2014
Excellent service. Good follow through with requests
1 night family trip Nov 12, 2014
"Roslyn Hotel"
This hotel is clean and convenient.
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
Marianne
"lovely"
very nice
2 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
Alice
"very nice place to stay"
we totally enjoyed our stay here. from the great front desk staff to the incredible free breakfast. this hotel is superb!
1 night family trip Oct 23, 2014
"Location"
I needed a hotel near Rosyln, the staff was excellent, the main issue was the stairs and the bed was too firm for my back. They were remodeling during my stay and not sure if the bed would be replaced in the next phase or not.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Merry
"Lovely hotel"
I highly recommend this hotel. We stayed just one night but thought it was very nice. We arrived late and the lounge was closed but when we asked about getting a glass of wine, they opened the lounge (which is like an old lovely library). The rooms were not large, but they were fine, clean and had keurig coffee makers. They provided a nice full breakfast. My mother (95 years old) was with us and had no problems getting around with her walker. There was a wonderful restaurant next door called the Hendrix Tavern (I'm hoping I got that right), and we had a great meal.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Filthy Room and Towels"
I complained to the manager at check in that my room was absolutely filthy. I can understand old, but dirt was not acceptable. There was mold around the tub grouting, there was soap scum around sink drain. The fan in bathroom did not work. King size bed was ok, but only 3 pillows for a bed that size, ridiculous. The absolutely worst part was after I got out of the shower, I took the top towel (of 3) off the rack, dried my hair only and when I looked at the towel it was dirty. I left the towel with the manager, but I do have pictures of the rest of my issues. The manager did offer to change my room, but I did not have time to pack, I had a wedding to get to. And the damage was already done!
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
Cathy
It was great and the breakfast the next morning was delicious.
1 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"Short stay"
The hotel is still under construction, good location and the staff is very helpful.
1 night business trip Oct 1, 2014
"Under renovation, poor service, but nice bones"
This hotel is clearly undergoing renovations, which is why the rates are as low as they are currently. It's clear that once renovations are complete, it will be very nice, but for now, the common areas leave much to be desired. The rooms are quite lovely, though. That said, I had a siginificant issue with the check-in process, as I noticed the clerk took my credit card, and imprinted it, with all of its information directly onto a sheet of paper with my reservation on it. When I expressed concern that my full credit card number, expiration, first and last name, and mailing address were all visible and that this was unsafe, he shrugged and said I could call the hotel manager. This was at 1am. I asked him if he would just black out the last 4 digits of my credit card number, but he refused, said it was policy to keep that information printed out and accessible, and that I could take it up with the manager. I obviously was in no position to refuse the reservation, since it was 1 am, I had prepaid for the room, and the closest hotel would have been another 20 minute drive. I am very very upset by their lack of security concerns with travelers' personal information. For that alone, I would not return to the Roslyn Hotel.
1 night trip Sep 23, 2014
Dina L
The hotel was under renovation which was not disclosed prior to arrival. Noisy, in construction mode. No refrigerator, toilet paper. They have a long way to go to become a class operation.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
jack
"Good price during week"
The breakfast here was awesome and the price range good value during weekday evenings. You may do better to book one night at a time but office staff was understanding. During summer there are many weekend weddings in the area. Walkable to Roslyn and port Washington thru tony north shore neighborhoods. The minor renovating didn't bother me at all
1 night business trip Aug 21, 2014
Les
"still doing upgrades"
Still upgrading the hotel, so don't expect it to look perfect. Hotel room was clean and neat, but decor is a little dated. Within easy walking distance of quaint downtown area, and great restaurants. Staff was very attentive and nice.
2 night trip Aug 13, 2014
"Very Dissapointed"
We were very disappointed with the hotel - clearly the hotel is under severe renovation and they should have closed until the renovation was completed. The hotel does not have a restaurant - which is something that should be a must. Several fixtures were broken in our room and the overall appearance of the hotel from the inside was very alarming.. I would not recommend to anyone at any time
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Merrit Hartblay
"Will not go to this hotel"
Very poor service I did not enjoy my stay staff was not cooperative with my request and would not provide information for their managers name etc
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
ed
"Cozy little place, loved it"
Friendly staff, very clean room, great firm pillows! Had the gym which is pretty decent all to myself. Don't know what it's like on the weekends, but during the week it's a great getaway! One small thing, the walls are kind of thin, but luckily the guests are pretty quiet. Also forgot some things which housekeeping put aside for me, which I really appreciate. They're doing renovations but I definitely love this place.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
"Roslyn Hotel"
I absolutely love this hotel! I will definitely be returning and for a much longer stay!!!!!
1 night romance trip Aug 14, 2014
"Currently repainting and covering up the age spots"
Once I found the place, it was a pleasure to stay there. If you arrive late and want to sleep in, ask for a room away from the breakfast buffet. Breakfast buffet was excellent!
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"close to Hbr Links; otherwise go else where"
I never write reviews on these sites and really don't have the time to but heres a couple points: -understand hotel is under construction but there is no sense of work being done. jobs have been half started and than half started somewhere else. cracks in ceilings with spackel left hanging, rips in chairs, wall paper torn. - speaking of sheet rock, I went to iron my shirt for the event I had at harbor links and sheet rock shot out of the iron for a good 5 mins. Once blown out the shirt had to be carefully ironed on a soiled ironing board - shower lost drastic pressure when my friend in the room next to my flushed toilet. - all ice machines broken I have spent more time then I wish on this hotel review; 5 mins max but hope to save someone from thinking a hotel in Roslyn can be this bad
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"Relatively good value"
Pros: Hot breakfast included - very satisfying Service was smooth Quiet location Near a very cute Roslyn town Cons: Cleaning not thorough - we arrived to greasy foods and half-eaten cookies sitting atop a bedstand. Hopefully they paid attention to everything else. My room was close to their bar, and we could hear a lot of chatter. Walls are pretty thin - the tv in the neighboring room was blaring. Overall: Decent value for the money. Generally liked the place, but discouraged that the room wasn't cleaned properly prior to my check-in. The big upside was the hot breakfast buffet, which is somewhat of a rarity these days - particularly in New York.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
HK
"Great location for local business"
The hotel is nice. I have stayed here several times.The breakfast is always very good. This time my room was very small.
2 night business trip Jul 30, 2014
"A Boutique Experience?"
The Roslyn Hotel's tag line is "A Boutique Experience," but it's a little shabby around the edges. Even though the hotel has its own shuttle bus, you have to hire a car service to get to the nearby train station. I would have thought a Boutique Experience would have included a working ice machine; not only was the only one in the hotel broken, but there wasn't even a sign apologizing for the inconvenience or directing guest to the front desk for help (there was ice in the buffet each morning). Breakfast buffet was okay, but inconsistent-big fresh fruit spread on Monday, but less each day as it was consumed until there was none left on Sat. am. The furniture in the public areas was fine until you got close and could see the fabric was torn. The Wi-Fi was a very slow connection, so I didn't use it as much as I would have if it had worked well. For the price, you'd expect them to cover the basics a little better and provide better service, especially if they are going for a "Boutique Experience." But the location was important to me, and it's within walking distance of good restaurants.
6 night business trip Jul 27, 2014
This hotel is an older hotel in a neighborhood setting, The town of Roslyn. They have done a nice job of renovating the hotel. The bathrooms where very nicely done. The only downfall was stairs. There is a way to get into the Hotel with luggage, but we found it after we carried our luggage up a full flight of stairs to the lobby. There were also 2 stairs in our room to get to the bathroom. Over all it was a good room at a reasonable rate.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Nancy D
"Nice hotel. Currently being renovated."
The staff was very nice and the rooms were a nice size. It seems that things in the hallways and the bar area took a while to get cleaned up. And one day my sheets were not changed. The rest of my stay was very nice though.
7 night business trip Jul 20, 2014
"Roslyn Hotel"
A few things that would be helpful in order to make the experience better. 1. Mirror in the room 2. Ramp in order to move luggage from parking lot to hotel(First Floor). HB
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Howard
"Nice but partly industrial area"
Hotel was very nice as was staff and room. But it is in a partly industrial area, not good if you want to go for a walk.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"GREAT"
GREAT JOB
1 night trip May 9, 2014
ROB
"Business stay"
Location is good for downtown Roslyn. Although it's on a busy road, the room was quiet. The staff are excellent, and the room itself was excellent, although there were a few minor imperfections that would not be noticeable if it weren't for the relatively high nightly rate.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014