All hotels in Houston, Texas, United States of America
7905 Main St, Houston, TX, 77025, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9479

nice clean well equiped place for overnight will stay again
1 night business trip Jul 15, 2015
gordon
"Great place ran by better people"
Great place and helpful owners. Offers shuttle to local area. Great place for staying near M.D. Anderson.
1 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
"Perfect for what you pay for"
Very close to Rice University and surrounding areas. I walked around to get food and there are plenty of places around the corner, and many cars and people around. I felt safe even by myself at night. About 15 minutes to University of Houston.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
Rachel
"Positive but needs improvement"
The rooms are clean and the staff is pleasant and efficient. The shuttle service is fantastic especially since we were there for my hubby's visit to the cancer center. The motel is near a lot of shopping and eating places. The place is undergoing remodeling, and the first things that should have been done were the bathrooms. The plumbing is older and looks grubby although it was very clean. The rooms are not large for an extended stay, but ok for no more than a week if there are two people. The TVs are very old (CRT), so investment in some new flat-screens would be nice, esp. since the remotes are barely functional. The beds are not horrible, but were not comfortable for me since I have fibromyalgia. The price is reasonable, esp. if you are a patient at M. D. Anderson. One other thing: if you need to drive to the medical center, the motel is conveniently located. Would stay again for a short time only.
3 night romance trip Feb 2, 2015
Ira
"yuck"
Felt very uncomfortable staying there. Didn't want to touch anything. Couldn't sleep
1 night trip Jan 27, 2015
"decent at this price point"
Close to Med Center. Shuttle runs on the hour. A grocery store in walking distance.
1 night trip Jan 13, 2015
"Good for location to stadium."
Hotel under re model. Room was clean but had strong smell.
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
tom
"One night stay"
It was ok, nothing to write home about. The parking was not that good, hotel is under construction or around the hotel, so it was a little inconvenient for parking.
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
"Good location....Misleading pictures."
Pics showed a nice hotel with a pretty decent swimming pool. We get there after a 5 hour drive and the first thing my kids wanted to do was jump into that pool...Little that we know that swimming pool wasn't there(if it was ever there) since according to them, extra rooms where built where the pool used to be at.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
WAS TERRIBLE....IF SAID IT HAD SWIMMING...NOT...U SAID IT HAD LAUNDRY...NOT....FOOD FOR BRK WAS STALE AND TASTED LIKE IT WAS 3 DAYDS OLD......NEVER AGAIN............
4 night trip Aug 27, 2014
ARNOLD
"Came in late - Left early"
Didn't check in until after 11:00 PM and just interested in going to sleep. It was clean, cold, and comfortable. No trouble with check in. They are working on a new office area that should make it more convenient.
1 night business trip Aug 26, 2014
"Close to Medical Center, Astrodome Complex"
Quiet rooms in spite of being on Main Street in Houston. Staff very nice and helpful.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
"cheap hotel close to medical center"
ok for one night
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
tourist
"construction"
All the construction made it hard to park my mini van. The room needs to be updated. The coffee maker was broking. But for the price and the time that we spent there it wasn't bad. If need be we will stay again.
2 night business trip Jul 21, 2014
"Ok for a quick stay"
Clean, but kind of worn out. Faucets leaked and shower was not great. There was construction going on, so maybe they are renovating.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Russ
"Good Motel near Downtown"
Staff were good...even at 2 am when weather delayed my arrival. The hotel shows wear but looks to be improving with new construction. Great location south of Downtown Houston.
2 night business trip May 12, 2014
"Basic hotel in medical area that needs updating"
This is a basic hotel to sleep in. The service was good and they were able to move us from the 2nd floor to the 1st. It is in an excellent location if you need to go to the medical center and they have a shuttle service that goes hourly. There are plenty of places to eat in the area and a CVS and Walgreens are really close. The rooms smelled musky even though they tried to freshen it up and we also brought our own spray to refresh the room yet it still did not go away. The shower tub had mold on it. The tv was an old school one yet it worked. The room size was decent and the fridge and micowave worked well. You can hear the people upstairs walking loudly yet you expect that with some older buildings. There is something wrong with the pipes. When someone takes a shower even if it is someone from a different room, there is loud banging that is hard to ignore. The hotel is over priced for the condition and there are not thrills but the location is a great one. If you are looking for something nicer pay a little more to stay else where. If you are not particular person that can over look some of the cons, then stay here. We were able to get a room very last minute and had limited options and overall were glad to get something near this area.
1 night business trip May 15, 2014
"Close to medical center"
Needs updating; mold in bathroom;odd smell to room; not enough parking; would not stay here again.
2 night family trip May 14, 2014
"Convenient location"
Staff was very pleasant and helpful. Very professional, and dressed well. My room was very spacious and clean. The hotel enviroment was pleasant. Hotel location was near to shopping and eating,
1 night trip Apr 28, 2014
E R Adams
"Decent hotel really close to reliant stadium."
This hotel has friendly staff. Looks a little sketch, but if you're low on the dough and you wanna be close (to reliant stadium), this is your best bet.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"comfortable stay and close to UH"
The minute we walked in the lobby the lady made us feel welcome, the rooms were clean and it was close to where we wanted to go which was the University of Houston. It was also 30 minutes from the nice boardwalk in Kemah and the NASA space center
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"Nice hotel close to Texas Children's Hospital"
It was a nice room at an affordable pice! I had to leave before breakfast, and it was little, too, chilly to swim, so I have not info on them, except that the breakfast looked like it was going to be very small.
Other trip May 15, 2013
Melody
"Close to OTC"
Booked hotel late in the game for the OTC Conferece at Reliant Park. Very convenient location.
1 night business trip May 6, 2013
"Inexpensive place in a convinent location."
It is an older motel and could use some maintenance. There was mold around the tub but they cleaned it as soon as I told them about it but it makes one wonder why they had to be told. The maid service should automatically take care of that and not let it get that bad. The staff was courteous and helpful. They even printed out my plane reservations for me since they did not have a public computer station available. Bottom line is it is OK for an overnight stay as long as you don't expect any amenities.
1 night trip Mar 21, 2013
"Great Service"
My sister and I spent a night here after finding some roaches in my apartment. The room was clean it might not look like mych from the outside but overall it was fine. What made the difference was the service. We had left my apartment so quickly that we didnt grab any toothpaste and my sister forgot her toothbrush I had asked the front desk attendent if they had any sample sizes he said he would check he also heard us talking about the soda machine being out of water. We said that it was fine that they didnt have either, but he walked to the Kroger (grocery store) across the street and bought 2 water bottles, toothbrushes and toothpaste for us. It was so unexpected, he really went above and beyond.
Other trip Mar 25, 2013
"rodeo stay"
Stayed there because was volunteering at the rodeo. Stay was ok the little time we were in the room. Check in took forever because only one guy was working the desk and the parking was not great at the front. Once i finally checked in it was ok. Only thing would have been better is if shuttle went to reliant center not just medical center.
2 night trip Mar 15, 2013

"Such a bad experience"
worse hotel ever.
4 night business trip May 5, 2013

"Clean and big rooms"
Nice stay on a simple but OK hotel. Breakfast was only donuts and coffee in the reception.. No seating.
6 night trip May 4, 2013
"Great Place"
Service was great, rooms were clean and I enjoied my time there. Totally could go again. Good value for the money.
3 night trip Feb 14, 2013
1 night trip Apr 16, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Econo Lodge Medical Center

"Everything you need"
06/22/15 heatho2015 Florence
This is my second visit here... Always clean and adequate .... Everything you'll find in a large hotel in a clean quiet safe quaint motel. They even have jacuzzi tub rooms under 100.00 ... Very nice I might add.
"Mold and Dirty Socks!"
03/26/15 Tina S Albany, New York
Yes this is walking distance to the Rodeo /NRG park .......but so not worth it! Mold everywhere , dirty socks( not kidding) outside rooms. Dirty rooms, rugs, anthropomorphic falling apart ! Yuck Free breakfast ... joke
"intrepid traveller"
02/15/15 elinor a McAllen, Texas
rooms clean. trouble with key for one of our two rooms. breakfast BLEAK. breakfast the very minimum one could call a "continental breakfast." reception area tiny. This was important because we were considering it for a five week stay. we decided because of bleak breakfast and tiny reception area we would not recommend anyone to have an extended stay there. cost reasonable and free shuttle to MdAnderson. staff friendly and polite.
"Good for an overnight"
12/04/14 bgoodlock Rockport, Texas
The room was clean. The place was actually quiet for such a busy traffic area. Be careful -- the wooden mattress frame was placed on the floor with no toe room so I kicked it a couple of times. The other tenants we saw looked a bit run down, but we experienced no problems. Considering the low price we got our money's worth.
"Budget but clean"
11/29/14 Bluejane85 Jefferson, Texas
Had to go to MD Anderson for a week of tests & didn't have a lot of money. A friend who's been going over 15 yrs to MDA w/her husband recommended this hotel. It's NOT fancy, but it is clean, although our room did have a slight odor, more from the "air freshner" they used I think...No bugs & the sm. fridge, microwave & coffee pot were a welcome bonus. FYI, call direct & tell them you're a patient, they'll give you a discounted rate. Shuttles every hr & those are LIFE savers when you are like us & from a sm. town & not used to that traffic!! And tip the drivers even if a couple bucks..it helps them remember you & when it's cold & you're waiting for a pick up...it's worth every penny.
"For what it is worth"
06/29/14 Mathis P Dallas, Texas
Comfortable, clean, safe and reasonable. I had the fortune of staying in one of their recently remodeled rooms. I personally am not a big fan of the external walk-way entry. but the room was okay. the A/C worked great and in Houston that is a big deal. There were plenty of places to eat and shop within walking distance. I don't call what they serve breakfast. But it is edible. The pastries and fruit are fine. The table in my room had seen better days. But the bed and the bath fixtures were great. They also have a shuttle to the hospitals if you are there for medical reasons. I would stay again.
"Roach Hotel"
04/26/14 darvo2012 Tahlequah, Oklahoma
I'm not super picky when it comes to upkeep, but cleanliness is another thing. Roaches, everywhere. Seriously. We left as soon as we saw double digits of our crusty brown roommates. The guy working was really nice and gave us a full refund, but that place needs some serious TLC.
"Poor"
03/21/14 Karen W Maidstone, United Kingdom
Hotel close to Reliant Park, easy to walk. That is the only advantage, loud, noisy, dirty and not that cheap. Overall would not stay in this chain again. Beds uncomfortable, and everyone who walks past appears to be shouting. Construction work on hotel also started at 6am
"Safe and Friendly"
01/18/14 FrancesMiller Wiesbaden, Germany
We stayed for a night while in transit. The receptionist was very friendly and our room, though basic, was fine. We felt perfectly safe. The price was right. The cleanliness of the place was within acceptable standards. The continental breakfast was basic but the fruit selection was good and the coffee was excellent. We would definitely stay there again.
"30 years out of date"
01/13/14 Tony A Belfast, United Kingdom
What a dump. Stayed with my family after getting stuck in the storm of Jan 14 big mistake. Awful place rooms were basic and I feared for our safety. Staff were arrogant and unfriendly. Pay the extra and get somewhere decent. 1 good point the airport is 10 minutes away and you can escape.