All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
45 E 45th Street, New York, NY, 10017, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Dilapidated, old and noisy"
The hotel is dilapidated and old and in need of a thorough me over (apart from the lobby). The rooms are small and lack proper cabinet or drawer space. The wallpaper is falling off the walls and there are holes in the carpet and chips in the tiling and bath tub. Internet is roughly $15 per 24h! That's OK and something you may expect from a NYC budget hotel (let's be fair and call it a 3 rather than 4 star hotel). If it hadn't been for the poor service, I would have given the hotel a 2 or even 3 star rating. We had the misfortune of having very noisy neighbours (a group of 20 teenage girls). The first night was OK and we were rather tired. The second night we complained but I don't think security came up as the racket continued until 1.30am. The third night we spoke to the hotel to make sure they would speak to the girls but that didn't happen (or had no effect). When we later called security again they told us it wasn't their job to sort out the problem, asked us to change our room in the middle of the night and just hung up. After several calls they sent someone up and we could go back to sleep. The hotel offered us some compensation, free breakfast and drinks in the bar, but they should have dealt with the problem rather than trying to smooth things over.
4 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
GoranS
"Manhattan Borough Trip with family..."
Good location, walking distance from many midtown attractions such as Times Square, Rockefeller Tower, Central Park, short ride to UNO. Hotel Elevators are very slow and old style. Too much nois. Lobby giving unpleasant check in experience. All in all, value for money due to location proximity to attractuons of Manhattan.
3 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
Madhukar
"Elegant but needs some tweaks."
We've stayed at many hotels in and around NYC. The Roosevelt was very nice and convenient, but there were a few issues. The food service staff treated my daughter quite rudely when she went down there to order some food after work (10:30 PM). Also I found the fact that I had to pay $16 per day for Internet service disturbing, when nearly everyone else offers it for free. That said, I loved the decor and the old world feel of the hotel.
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Greg
"Look elsewhere, for your own good!"
Rooms are tiny, and I mean, tiny. This hotel has not been updated in who knows how long. While the lobby is beautiful giving you the illusion that the rooms will be nice, they are anything but. Outdated and falling apart. The a/c was busted and the hotel was "sold out" so they couldn't give me another room. From other guests I found out that most of the a/c's have issues so getting another room probably wouldn't have made a difference. I guess that's why the rooms were so inexpensive. You get what you pay for. The area is great, but the rooms are horrible.
4 night business trip Jun 28, 2015
"NYC stay at the Roosevelt Hotel Midtown"
Hotel was historic and nice looking. The only problem was sometimes having to wait over 5 minutes for an elevator - especially when your room is on the 18th floor. But the rest of the hotel was great (minus having to pay for internet access) and the Mad46 roof top lounge was great and had great city views.
2 night business trip Jun 29, 2015
Very comfortable
1 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
Clifford
"Hotel Stay"
Beds a little too firm but overall very nice
2 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Charlie
"New York made easy"
We enjoyed the hotel. Mostly because the staff was so friendly and courteous. Although an older hotel , the Roosevelt was both lovely and quaint. The history of the hotel was also an extra bonus. If you are by yourself , a couple or with your family , you will find the Roosevelt convenient and accessible to entertainment and shopping. First time there and we will come back.
4 night romance trip Jun 25, 2015
Neil
When we checked in, the guy who helped us was very friendly and welcoming. The mattress was extremely comfortably. Location was perfect for our needs. Overall, we were very pleased.
1 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
"Average . Nothing special or out of the ordinary"
Average stay . Price was okay . Not negative but probably wouldn't stay there again. Better options available in my opinion
1 night romance trip Jun 28, 2015
Jeffrey
"Couldn't be more pleased..."
Awesome hotel, worth the money and the location is great!
1 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
Lance
"This Hotel does not respect your reservations."
Be very careful if you are making a reservation for business and you share a room with a colleague or if you are four people staying in one room, I was told it is hotel policy that they will reserve the a room for you but not the type of room, so you can end up with no choice but a room with only one bed. Even if you are very nice and polite and tell them is just not possible for you to sleep with someone you work with you will only get as far as sleeping in a four inch mattress roll-away bed, which for me was no sleep and a 12 hour day of work ahead. As for the hotel, is not updated, feels like tired old rich person with a particular smell of old.
2 night business trip Jun 28, 2015
"Room not ready"
Room was not ready at a evening check in we had to go to dinner and come back by the time it was ready. We also called and made a reservation with a rollaway bed to find out they didn't have it. Also, the room was small for 4 people and the drain didn't work in the shower. :(
1 night business trip Jun 29, 2015
"Great location, not so great hotel"
I was disappointed with the Roosevelt. It is very outdated, the beds were very uncomfortable, we could never get the room cold enough and there was black mold on the walls in our bathroom. We had to kill a giant roach in the bathroom as well. Overall for the price and location I'll give it 3 stars, but if I were just rating the hotel I'd give it less than 2.
5 night romance trip Jun 24, 2015
"Family trip"
Great place to stay. Staff was always helpful.
3 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
joaquin
"Bad Hair day"
I have stayed here about 6-7 times and quite like this hotel. This was the first time i had to change rooms. My first room was fill with hairs everywhere! Pretty disgusting. After the change, all was good.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2015
Elegant and charming hotel in a prime NYC location.
1 night business trip Jun 28, 2015
"Do not stay here. RUDE unprofessional staff!"
A complete nightmare. The rudest most unprofessional staff I have ever delt with. After booking a king room we were given a queen. After complaining that the room they gave us was a jail cell they moved is to one of their gross queen suits. The next morning the day manager called my cell phone and told me we need to get out of the room. GET OUT are his exact words because they needed the room for someone else. He said he would have our belongings moved of we did not move them. We ended up having to switch hotels! Do lot stay at this hotel unless you are looking to ruin your stay in New York City!
3 night trip with friends Jun 26, 2015
Nathan
The room was kept clean but very dark,bad lighting. The elevators did not work properly. Had to pay for a refrigerator in room. They could not accommodate a gluten free diet or so we were told. The doormen were very helpful.
10 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
"Nice hotel, poor service"
My boyfriend and I paid extra for a room with double beds. When we arrived, the man at the front desk told us they were over-booked and could give us a room with a king bed and a pull-out. We insisted we wanted what we paid for, and he told us we had to take it up with hotels.com but he would not help us. Thankfully, we then spoke with the manager who secured us a room with double beds as we requested. Unfortunately, the previous occupants of that room must have been smokers, because the room smelled strongly of cigarettes. My boyfriend has asthma, so we had to go back to the front desk the next morning to request a room change. We were put on a wait list for a new room and I was worried we'd run into the same problem as the first night, but thankfully they were able to find us a better room. However, on the second day the cleaning staff tried to come in at 10:00am when we were just getting up and ready. They were also yelling to each other in the hallway, which was rather annoying when you are trying to sleep. I feel like this could be a great hotel and our experience would have been so much better if only the staff learned to provide better service.
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
"Convenient Location"
Great location- near Grand Central and Times Square. Walking distance from Central Park. However, the room was very small, and the decor could use an upgrade. The bathroom was tiny and the bath was chipped - not very appealing.
2 night trip Jun 25, 2015
"Great location."
Great location. Initially our room's air conditioner was not properly working, and after a call, a technical recommended that we moved to another room, which worked perfectly fine.
5 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
Nice enough room. Had issue with the wifi. Have to say, first time in yrs I've had to pay extra for wifi... little annoying.
1 night business trip Jun 25, 2015
Great in every way. Perfect location!
3 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
"Overrated and not worth a visit."
For a leading hotel in NYC, this property is not worth the stay. It failed in a number of respects ranging from service during check-in to failing to make necessary improvements in room quality. If you must stay in this hotel you may have a fine experience but the staff does not seem to be particularly well-trained and are likely to commit unnecessary errors. I would not stay here again and nor should you.
3 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
cindy
"fine location, average hotel"
The location and price were good. the air conditioning struggled to keep cool (in June) and the staff entered our room while we were out and turned it up so we returned to a hot room. also had to make 3 calls over 2 days to get the TV fixed. while TV isn't usually important, it's nice when trying to give kids some down time.
2 night trip Jun 22, 2015
"Roosevelt Hotel - Fit For A President"
This is a nice hotel in a great location if you have midtown activities planned. My room was surprisingly large (based on NYC standards), clean and the staff was great. The rooftop bar is also a great place, terrific views.
1 night business trip Jun 24, 2015
"Perfect Location"
We stayed at the Roosevelt Hotel for one week. It was a great place and a great location in NYC. It was about four blocks from Time Square and the Broadway district. We easily walked everywhere. The breakfast menu was a little pricey, but there were three places on the same block where one could get a good breakfast for $12 of under. I would recommend this hotel and stay here the next time I go back.
7 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
"Solid place to stay in midtown NYC"
I lived in NYC for three years. This hotel is in a great location and very comfortable. Rooms are large for NYC standard. The hotel represents a classic relic of old NYC years. Good overall value in a convenient location.
2 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
Ran
"Older, worn hotel."
It's an older hotel that was probably very swanky in its hay day; however, it looks worn and under cared for. There's paint peeling and cracking, the carpets need to be updated, and the lobby furniture is dirty and worn. Our room had a similar feel. The AC in the room barely cooled it. The shower's water pressure was low and it would change from hot to cold water, never being able to find warm. The concierge was did not stay past dinner time and did not seem up-to-date on various places to eat and explore in the city. The location of the hotel was convenient, just blocks from Times Square, Rockefeller Plaza, and Grand Central Terminal.
3 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
Came up for an overnight to catch 2 games at Yankee Stadium and enjoy a few restaurants. Very close to Grand Central Station and nearby shopping.
1 night trip with friends Jun 23, 2015
"Week trip in NYC"
Staying in NYC is about location and this hotel is in a good location. However, I stayed there 10 years ago and it seems to be going downhill. In the hallway to my room a food cart stayed there for several days. Wine glasses remained in front of another day until they eventually were moved to the food cart. When I checked in, I was told I was being upgraded. When I asked why, the person didn't know. I was upgraded to athird floor room with no refrigerator. Another couple we traveled with were told the same thing to. I suspect everyone might get told that. For the cost, I wasn't satisfied. It's location to the subway and Times Square is great.
5 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
"All good things come to an end"
I have been a customer here for 25 plus years..The staff is great,the hotel is tired and run down..Foreign owners are bleeding the cash flow...Rooms were always small but at least clean,not anymore...Inwill have to go elsewhere in the future..
2 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
We've stayed at this hotel many times. The service is always the best. The staff is friendly and helpful. It's a great location and within walking distance of theaters, Times Square, 5th Avenue shopping, and eateries. The only disappointment was that we had two rooms and had requested that they be near each other. The rooms were on two different floors not close at all.
1 night family trip May 8, 2015
patricia
"Great Location!"
Excellent location to all events/outings we wanted to do. Would definitely recommend it to anyone planning to visit NYC.
7 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
"Clean room & Prime location"
My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend 'babymoon'. The rooms were very clean. The staff was very friendly, they even let us check in early. The location is prime, in between Grand Central Station and 5th Ave, almost everything was in walking distance which makes this an ideal hotel. Overall very happy with the stay. *note the hotel is 90 years old so it's got character, I personally like that, but if you are worried the beds were new and updated along with the rest of the furniture which kept us comfortable
3 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
Lauren
"First timer"
Clean, no bugs, friendly and helpful, safe! Very minor traffic noise, but it is NY. Atmosphere was spectacular!
3 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
"Jack pot"
Very good
1 night trip Jun 22, 2015
"The Grand Dame Rossevelt rocks"
Great location. Clean. Beautiful Lobby. Close to Grand Central
3 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Kathryn
"Roosevelt Hotel"
The hotel was much bigger in person than I expected. Registration staff didn't give me any information as I checked in. Rooms are clean, however the floor of the tub was peeled off and was in need of repair. Room was quiet, and in a great location near Grand Central Station.
2 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
"Our stay at the Roosevelt"
Very comfortable stay! Check in very efficient. Hotel staff friendly and helpful
3 night trip with friends Jun 17, 2015
Rowena M
"A Complete Disappointment...Never Again!!!"
My daughter and I took my 8-year old granddaughter for her first overnight stay Broadway show in NYC for her 8th birthday on June 23-24. I made my reservation in January. The room was EXTREMELY SMALL and DIRTY (thick dust collected around the perimeter of the carpeting and a broken down HVAC unit that worked but looked like it was crushed by someone sitting on it!). We booked a "superior" king through hotels.com (for $289.49 + 46.19 tax to the tune of $335.68). Trust me, there was nothing SUPERIOR about it. When we arrived, we were offered two doubles. The desk clerk made it sound as though it would provide our party of 3 more room for the same price. What a complete disappointment! I registered my dissatisfaction when we checked out, and the desk clerk said, "You should have told us immediately, but there wasn't anything we could do because the hotel was sold out last night anyway." Never again!!! On a positive note, the lobby was beautiful.
1 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
Denise
"Enjoyed my stay"
Beautiful, historic hotel with friendly employees. Everyone was so nice and accommodating -- from the front desk to the room cleaning service. Very pleasant stay.
3 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
Kaley
The Roosevelt was ok. Nothing to write home about. It worked for our 4 day trip but their wasn't too much to do at the hotel. Surrounding area is great and you're just a block from Grand Central Terminal. When I come back to NYC I'll be staying somewhere with a little more pizazz.
4 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
Angel
+ good location in Manhattan - no working fan in the tiny bathroom - internet connection very expensive
3 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Stefan
"Great Night in the City"
Staff was excellent and very very helpful. The room was small, but we didn't mind since we were only there to sleep. The bathroom was super tiny. Loved the lobby
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
Laurie
the service was very good and helpful. The room was nice and clean. the bathroom was a bit small but it worked. overall I would recommend
1 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
Jay
"Great location and comfortable"
Loved the location and room was clean and entrance foyer was impressive...would recommend to others
2 night trip with friends Jun 12, 2015
Agatino
"Perfect location at a great price!"
The hotel service was great. The hotel was upscale and had a lot to offer, but was also nice and quiet to be able to recover from a hectic workday. The room was immaculate and very comfortable. The only draw back is that the A/C wasn't that powerful, but the temperature was still quite pleasant. Will definitely stay there again!
1 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
Air conditioning unit was broken. When moved to another room the curtains could not be closed because of the air conditioning window unit. Too much light got through so it was very hard to sleep.
1 night business trip Jun 16, 2015