All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
45 E 45th Street, New York, NY, 10017, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great hotel, would go there again"
Great hotel, would go there again
6 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
"Was not up to standards"
It took more than one hour to check in. Only two people were there checking guests in. The line was very long and the wait was gruesome. The next day, the bathroom was not cleaned and toiletries not replaced.
2 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Mouhamadou Moustapha
Everything was good except the rooms were rather basic and the shower was not a pleasant experience.
2 night trip Aug 2, 2015
"Close and comfortable,"
Fantastic location to explore the city! Wonderful service from valet to check in. Bellman and conceierge all very kind. Will stay here again!
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
Marie
"One night in the big city"
We did a quick one day trip tonight New York City. This was a great place to stay. We were able to easily walk to Times Square, the Empire State building and get a subway to Battery Park to catch the ferry to liberty Island. The accommodations were beautiful the lobby was spacious and the rooms were clean and efficient.
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
"Some good, some not so much"
The hotel lobby is beautiful. Lobby bar nice, with good service. The hotel location is ideal for midtown Manhattan. However, parts of the rooms are showing their age, notably the bathrooms. The two bed room we had was also a bit cramped for two adults and a teenager. $239 was a good price for hotel, location and two bed room.
4 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
Chad
"Nice stay on a busy weekend close to everything"
Nice stay on a busy weekend close to everything !!!
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Patrick
They advertise the place for 500$ and on sale for 170$. But they really just give you the basic room. I was not happy with that.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2015
Ardavan
"Really disappointed this time."
This was the first time that customer service was way down. We had to wait 10 to 20 minutes to get down the elevator overtime we went down. People were walking down the stairwells non-stop. I'm talking about 7,5 and 5th floor people. When I raised the topic they guy shrugged his shoulders and said 'I just work here". They used to be so attentive. Restaurant was the same way.
1 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
"Overnight Stay"
Since we were only booked to stay overnight, the room was not the greatest but it had a good location and met our needs for the quick visit.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2015
"Fantastic hotel exceeded expectations!"
This room was far better than expected - I read some negative aspects in previous reviews so I was a little wary, but my expectations were far exceeded. The location and price is wonderful, and the hotel staff were always friendly and helpful. Checking in/out and holding of luggage was a breeze. The rooms were very quiet - I heard no other noise from the hotel, and only the occasional siren from outside. The room and lobby were very clean. I was here for a 1000 person conference, and it seemed much smaller because of the spacious accommodations. I will stay here every time I visit NY (which is often) from now on.
2 night business trip Jul 29, 2015
"Nice hotel and close to subway"
Hotel staff was very nice and accommodating! Very close to grand central terminal.
6 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Leslie
"Acceptable"
Friendly staff in an older hotel with recent updates. Was check into room to find it not ready and in the process of being cleaned. However no staff was available for explanation. Room was cleaned shortly after our arrival by staff. Area of town and being in new york tge hotel was better than expected but definatly not a 5 star.
2 night business trip Jul 28, 2015
"Great start bad ending"
When I arrived the service was great! The valet got my bags and a bellman to help. I arrived early for a class and the front desk was very helpful in getting me into a room to drop off my bags. This was very helpful. The room looked a little worn but everything was clean. When I came back, my room was sticky and warm. I turned up the OLD air conditioner, I think, but I noticed a huge hole in the coils. I was too tired to move so I didn't say anything. It never really got cold. When I left everything was different. The bellman brought my luggage out and left it in front of the doors. I waited in the heat for over a half an hour for my car and when it came the driver hopped out gave me the keys and ran away. I had a lot of baggage for work and tried not to let it roll away while I loaded my own bags. Funny how it was so different when I left. I stay in Manhatten often for work and think I'll spend more next time for a different hotel.
2 night business trip Jul 27, 2015
Kimberly
"Dissapointing"
My wife and I stayed over for the night and were awoken by a faulty smoke alarm in the room and then again when our air conditioning unit began to squeal at around 3am. Very dissapointed.
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
Very nice
2 night trip Jul 25, 2015
Allen
"Mini couple's trip"
The decor of the hotel was appealing; however, the actual room could use some updates. The air conditioner did not work well,the bath tub was heavily chipped and needs to be glazed, and there was mold around the bathroom mirror. The location of the hotel was good and accessible to attractions. The hotel service was sub par. We stayed two nights and the room was never serviced. We had to call the front desk for towels and we did not have soap in the bathroom upon our arrival. Overall it was a decent hotel for the price. We were not in the room often, so it worked for what we needed.
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Latoshia
"Convenient location"
The hotel is very conveniently located near Grand Central station and a short walk from Times Square. The noise from the street while in the rooms can be significant but the room size is a good value for the location.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Rachel
The air conditioner did not keep the room cold at night.
3 night business trip Jul 26, 2015
terrie
"Great experience"
Great location and beautiful, historic hotel with a nice size room for New York City. There was new carpet, new bedding, and new furniture in our room - it was also quiet. I had read a review of the wallpaper coming down etc. There were a few places in the corner where the wallpaper wasn't sticking but you had to look for it. Although, the bathroom hasn't been updated the water pressure was great and clean. Great experience.
2 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
amy
Girls getaway with family,great hotel the one complaint no counter space in bathrooms
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
I was upgraded to a 3 room suite. The hotel is older, but the rooms and hotel are Clean.
1 night business trip Jul 27, 2015
Zack
"Convenient and old school NYC"
Took grandson to see NYC
3 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Arthur
great location ! I had a situation and the hotel manager helped us thru it I was very grateful to know kind people worked here thanks
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Marybeth
We stayed in the smallest room available so it was certainly a small room, but it was clean, the hotel had a beautiful lobby, and the staff was great. Would definitely stay here again.
2 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
Katelyn
"Great location!"
Old hotel... Staff was helpful. We did not spend much time in are room but to sleep. Location was fantastic... We were able to walk or take metro to all locations.
4 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
Nora
Excellent location. Room was comfortable. Howerever, the staff was very rude specially the ones at the reception. Hotel also needs an uplift
5 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
"Great time in NYC!"
Great room and very spacious for a NYC hotel. Only weird thing was that the closet was bigger than the bathroom. ??? strange! The Roosevelt is historic (old) yet up to date and in good condition. Location was convenient to all the top tourist spots. Anything you want to eat right next door at Grand Central. Didn't have much interaction with hotel staff so can't comment. Would stay again.
4 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
"Fantastic Experience"
The rooftop bar was excellent!
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Erik
best argue : its location. otherwise nothing extraordinary
3 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
"Wouldn't do it again"
The room was TINY- even for a NY hotel. There's no fridge in the room and the AC unit is from the 1970's. The bed is a full size- not Queen, so if you're sharing with someone else, good luck
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Koushalah
"Beautiful Historic Hotel"
I loved the Roosevelt Hotel. It was a beautiful old hotel with updates where needed. We had a plumbing issue and it was immediately taken care of. The only other issue was that the doormen didn't offer to get a cab for us. We had to ask for him to get a cab or do it ourselves. I've never had that issue in a hotel of this caliber. Overall, it was a great experience and I would recommend this hotel to anyone!
4 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
Teresa
Had a great couple days at the Roosevelt. They ran out of the room type reserved and we were upgraded at no charge to a suite. The style and decor is very traditional, definitely not modern but the Roosevelt was very classy and a great place to stay.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Allen
"Nice hotel in NYC"
My husband and I enjoyed our stay at The Roosevelt. It has old world charm. We loved the bar on the roof which gave a wonderful view of the city. The beds were comfortable. The location was very good and we walked to several sights and restaurants. By booking early, we got a very good rate. We would recommend this hotel to others.
1 night romance trip Jul 6, 2015
"Decent but not really comfortable"
The room was very stinky, and small. the lobby stank. location is very good and hotel staff are helpful. Parking is insanely expensive at 55$ and getting your car back takes an hour so not recommended.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Varun
"Great getaway"
Awesome stay. Great room and great rooftop social. All trips to New York will include the Roosevelt.
3 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
raymond
"Comfortable stay"
Great location. Comfortable room. Check out for valet parking needs to be improved. Make sure you get to check out early, we experienced a very long line.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Renee
"NYC Native- Overnight"
Native New Yorker that did an overnight with my girlfriend to "get away." Midtown, is well, midtown. If you're a tourist it's a great spot since it's central to most attractions. The room with a queen bed was pretty small and the interior is a bit old, but overall the service was great and the room was very clean. When I booked the King was just $10 more and honestly should have just booked that. However overall it was a good experience!
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
"Enjoyed my stay"
I enjoyed my stay this time. All hotel employees were nice, got into my room early, had good meals.
2 night business trip Jul 22, 2015
"Good central location in Manhattan"
Good central location. Grand Central is across the street.
4 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
Luis
"Nice lobby no view"
No clock in room, zero view. Looked at a brick wall. Great location! Grand Central one block away
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
"Great location, not so great service"
The front desk receptionist, the lobby lounge service is below average. The folks working there acted like they were doing me a favor. No hello, how can I help you, instead attitude from all encountered was more like, what do you want?! My room wasn't that clean upon arrival nor was the daily cleaning service great. From a service standpoint, the hotel is a 1.5 out of 5.
4 night business trip Jul 19, 2015
Ulkar
"If book the Roosevelt, the best is yet to come!"
What a pleasant surprise! I was apprehensive about the hotel after reading some negative reviews and cannot think of anything negative at all. We had a superior double corner room which was quite spacious. The staff was most courteous and extremely helpful. The location was fantastic. Within walking distance to the theater district, Times Square, and Grand Central is across the street. My daughter and I even ventured into the subway twice after very good directions. I couldn't ask for anything more and understand that I am an extremely fussy 73-yr old woman!
5 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
"Fantastic stay."
I fly for an airline so I know hotels. This hotel was clean and very comfortable. Hotel staff was very friendly. I would not hesitate staying here again. Was concerned with some of the reviews prior to arrival but was pleasantly suprised and impressed.
1 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
Randy
"Great location, Comfortable"
We only stayed 1 night but our stay was very enjoyable. Perfect location right outside Times Square. Awesome hotel staff-- very helpful with getting Taxi's and giving directions. Our room was a single King. The bed was very comfortable but the space was very small. Overall, the hotel was beautiful and perfect for our stay.
1 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2015
Tracy
We would never stay in that run down old hotel again. Elevators work insufficiently for the crowds of people staying there. Kids running around the bar at 10 PM. Very old bathrooms. Needs a major update. Service is fair.
3 night business trip Jul 19, 2015
"Not memorable, but not bad"
Pros: Beautiful lobby, clean, good location, helpful concierge Cons: small rooms, tiny bathrooms, weak (but LOUD) A/C, always long lines at front desk Summary: NOT even close to $400+/night quality, but nothing bad
1 night trip Jul 20, 2015
The bathtub was cracked and not appealing, even to take a shower...needs an overhaul. The bed pillows were like sleeping on rocks. Needs new pillows.
1 night business trip Jul 19, 2015
"Great location, not great room"
Hotel was in a great location and the room was a decent size for NYC. However, the room smelled very musty. The air conditioning emitted a stale smell and an extremely loud banging noise that was inconsistent. I wouldn't stay here again.
3 night business trip Jul 13, 2015
"Perfect hotel location!"
Location is excellent for visitors to explore New York. E.g. Times Square and Empire State Building are just a couple of blocks away. Hotel is good, but some of the rooms start to be worn out...
4 night family trip Jul 13, 2015