All hotels in Los Angeles, California, United States of America
251 S Olive StLos AngelesCA90012United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Clean
    Delicious food
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
"Good night stay"
It was great, very comfy
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2015
The valet staff was great. The receptionist were not catering. I was told my room was not ready after arriving 1 hour past checkin time. I was to,d to hang out in lobby and they would notify me when the room would be ready. I had to change in the bathroom to attend an event. I waited for over an hour then I asked about the room's status. I then learned the room was ready and no one notified me. Then upon check out, I asked for one hour late check- out to make up for my two hour late check-in and it was refused. After having ran a half marathon, I had to rush out without washing my hair. For the price this hotel chArges, I should have been catered to, not turned away.
Response by Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza
We are truly disappointed to hear about the lack of service and accommodations for your stay. As a valued guest, we do try and make every attempt to meet and exceed your expectations, but unfortunately it did not happen. For that, we sincerely apologize. We appreciate your comments, and will continue to train our staff with the feedback you provided. Helen Simmons General Manager
1 night trip Oct 24, 2015
Martha
"Wonderful surprises !"
For quite some time now, when I traveled to LA, I would always stay at the same hotel because I liked it so much. I had a difficult time booking a room there this last visit and so on a whim I booked at the Omni for the first time. I could not be more pleased! I usually do not travel on my own with the exception of when visiting the US and I do get a little anxious, so imagine my feelings as the car pulled up to an unfamiliar hotel and staff. From the first moment out of the car until pulling away everything was absolutely perfect! The Valet always courteous, William, the bellman too cute :), Mia and all of the other staff so wonderful and helpful, the bar open late every night with live piano music, restaurant with excellent delicious choices.... When I ordered a late night brownie because of a craving, how did they know I would adore the two large fresh strawberries on top??? My only regret was that I could not book an extra night and stay longer. suffice it to say that I have a new favorite hotel in LA - love to the wonderful people at the Omni Hotel. Lady Brita Becking xo
Other trip Oct 30, 2015
Lady Becking
The staff was friendly, the hotel appeared updated and the rooms were clean.
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2015
Loved the stay. Only concern I had was while I had the AC running all night which I love to do but it's located right above the bed blowing down on you which is not pleasant. Perhaps future designs or remodels can move the AC vent away from the bed.
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2015
Delmond
"Fabulous Stay"
We had an incredibly nice stay at the Omni. The room was very large & comfortable. We had breakfast at the restaurant downstairs & it was fabulous. Will stay there again for sure.
2 night family trip Oct 23, 2015
"The Opera"
Wonderful service.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2015
Rene
"Good hotel that could be great"
Because we requested a room with a king bed, we were given a handicapped room which was the only room left with a king bed. However, we weren't notified at check-in or given a choice to take a non-handicapped room with a smaller bed. We didn't realize the issue until we were unpacked so we didn't bother to move. The handicapped room had features like a very shallow tub and very low plumbing fixtures and a strange toilet seat adaptation that really didn't work for my very tall companion. Additionally, there were a lot of small problems with the room: the touch-operated lamp had a mind of its own and turned on and off at will! (I had to unscrew the lightbulb to make sure it stayed off all night.) The water flow in the shower was very heavy (which I enjoyed but my companion did not - and we both thought it was very irresponsible given the drought conditions in California) which resulted in the water not draining fast enough, leaving us to shower in standing water. The bathroom faucet was very difficult to use - the ball and socket were misaligned and it was hard to guess whether we'd get hot or cold water at any given time. We did complain to the front desk, and Toi was very sympathetic and even gave us vouchers for free breakfast (which was delicious, by the way) but our issues were never really resolved to our satisfaction. That said, the room was basically very comfortable and clean.
3 night romance trip Oct 8, 2015
Lori
"Great Hotel!"
Stayed at The Omni coming up from San Diego to watch a Dodger game. Was not disappointed -- the hotel is very comfortable and accommodating. The room was clean and roomy, and the bed was delightful.
1 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2015
Adrian
"Great hotel and location"
We were in LA for the Dodger/Mets playoff game and stayed at the Omni LA Hotel at California Plaza. It was easy (for LA!) to get to the Hotel off the 110 freeway. The hotel was really nice and the staff provided excellent service. The room was clean and comfortable. The Hotel café had a nice breakfast selection. There is a restaurant in the hotel for dinner, but we did not eat there.There are a number of museums and eateries in the neighborhood and a Starbucks right next to the hotel. Ballpark was 2 miles away.
2 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
Andy
"The best hotel ever!"
The best hotel you could wish for, most comfortable beds, the staff was amazing.
1 night trip with friends Oct 9, 2015
Dee
Place was clean people were very helpful..I would stay here again..
1 night trip Oct 9, 2015
sergio
"Great gir business"
Great hotel with nice club lounge
1 night business trip Oct 1, 2015
sarahs
"Very comfortable room. Centrally located hotel."
I got past not having a room with a city view as I had expected once I threw myself down on the very soft bed after the long flight. Noe bar was great with probably the best Mac and cheese. For me...the room service foid lacked flavor but it definitely arrive hot and on time. The walls are thin and my neighbors were very noisy! In all, the thin walls was the only con to this hotel.
2 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2015
"Awesome Place!"
Very clean place.
1 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2015
Cesar
"Did not disappoint!"
My stay was fantastic! A beautiful view of Walt Disney Center, close to everything I needed....museums, restaurants...wonderful concierge. I liked it so much that I stayed 3 days instead of just one.
1 night trip Oct 3, 2015
"Enjoyment"
Enjoyed our stay immensely, room was terrific, food was delicious in both dining rooms. The staff was friendly, helpful, professional and courteous. Would definitely stay again.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2015
Gloria
"Trendy downtown easy to access to rest of L.A."
Amazing hotel, great location downtown. Far enough away from the throngs of tourists in Hollywood, but a quick metro trip and you're in craziness of it all. Very classy, sheen design of the hotel. I would even go as far as saying this place should be 5 star. Okay downsides: don't drive if you don't have to, parking is $48/ night which I thought was insane, even for downtown L.A. the red line metro is very close and Union Station is only a couple of miles away. Also like most hotels the laundry fees are exuberant, however the hotel offers a complimentary chauffeur service to anywhere within 3 miles of the property ( approx 5 km). I had the service take me to a nearby laundry Mart where I washed and dried 2 loads of washing for the price of having a sock laundered by the hotel. And the chauffeur collected me as soon as I was done. Museum of contemporary art is right next door to the hotel, and some great shopping spots. Also be warned the hotel takes a security deposit of $100/ night, so if your staying for a few nights it can be a bit of a shock on arrival. The heated outdoor pool was a hit, I was curious why an outdoor pool needed to be heated in California then I discovered that there is really no direct sunlight on the pool due to surrounding buildings which is sad, but the pool feels great.
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
Aussie Em
"Great hotel great staff."
Excellent!!! Was there for the AC/DC concert at Dodger Stadium. Very convenient.Great bar. Staff great. Hotel very nice. Would stay again.
1 night trip with friends Sep 28, 2015
We had a nice experience. All of the staff greeted us with smiles and we're very helpful.
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2015
"Beautiful hotel close to Dodger Stadium"
Fantastic! Upon arrival we were greeted by two valets and two bellmen. Even though we didn't need any assistance, the bellmen were still sweet and helpful. In the past, at other hotels, when I have told bellmen I didn't need help they have walked away in a huff...they equate "no help" with "no tip". These men were still welcoming. At check-in we were again greeted cheerfully and surprise!!! An upgrade! An even more lovely room with access to the Executive Lounge. The lounge was managed by a lovely young woman who was VERY attentive and at all times aware of whatever supplies, food, or drink were needed. We were there from 5:00 to approximately 6:30p.m. Sept.28th (I'm sorry, I did not get the young lady's name). However, please note. She is an asset to your hotel and to your company. The room was great! Extremely clean and well-appointed. My friend and I are both International Flight Attendants, based in Los Angeles. Between the two of us we have well over fifty years seniority, staying in hotels in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. We've seen it all, so to speak. This property is OUTSTANDING!
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
Elaine
"good stay"
The room was clean and very comfortable bed. The only real problem was the AC it really didn't blow that great even on High setting. While dressing in bathroom NO AIR what so ever so you would put make up and do hair only to be sweating it off and wet!
Other trip Sep 30, 2015
Schoohie's
"nice place to stay high parking fees"
quick get away hotel was nice clean parking was way to high in cost
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Namon
"Bug bites"
Everything was great. The staff and the food were perfection! One thing that did notice was that I woke up with bites all over my body while I was there during my 3 day stay. I wasnt feeling well so I stayed in my room most of the time. There might have been a mosquito in my room or maybe bedbugs. I didnt notice anything unusual on my bed itself. The linens looked clean. Otherwise, it was a wonderful experience.
Response by Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza
We are sorry to hear that you were not feeling well during your stay. We hope you have fully recovered by now. Your comments are appreciated, and we will share them with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
3 night trip Sep 24, 2015
Maritza
It was a great stay .. Thank you omni !
1 night family trip Sep 22, 2015
"Everything was fine"
Service was good. The room was fine. You can only Valet park for $48 a day and we didn't see any other parking nearby. We didn't eat there, but was in the bar and all was fine there (4 drinks $50 during Happy Hour.) There was nothing special about it at all. We probably would not return.
1 night family trip Sep 16, 2015
"They don't 'like' hotels.com"
The rooms were terrific. Beds were very comfortable. Restaurants and all of the employees were exceptional. The front desk however was a nightmare. After traveling in excess of 12 hours we were greeted by someone at the front desk who told us there were no reservations in our name! We had reserved TWO rooms.i told him the rooms were under the same last name to please check. He announced he had no rooms reserved in our last name...I told him we had booked through 'hotels.com' and the guy responded with "we HATE them"!??? All and all a very nice hotel and a terrific price through hotels. Com but not worth the embarrassment and aggravation from the inefficiency and poor attitude at the front desk. It was very obvious that we were treated differently because we reserved through hotels.com. Going to stay at a different hotel the next time I'm in LA. they can keep their poor attitude!
3 night business trip Sep 19, 2015
PAUL J
"Amazing accommodations and price!"
My wife and I came up for a mini getaway. The hotel staff was very friendly, and more than happy to help with anything we asked. The room was beautiful and provided great lighting. If we ever come through Los Angeles in the future, we WILL stay here again!
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
Brandon
"Everything for a perfect stay"
Great location Wonderful service Perfect for business traveller My first choice hotel in LA
1 night business trip Sep 17, 2015
Caroline
"Good Stay in DTLA"
It was a pretty good stay for the most part. The hotel room was clean, the staff was friendly and kind. The only problem I had was that hotels.com did not inform that there would be a $200 deposit for incidentals due at check-in. I didnt want a hold on my card considering that the room was paid for in advance, so the hotel was kind enough to let us use cash. There is also no street parking and valet is $45/day with in and out privileges so be prepared to pay extra for parking. Not really a big deal considering the hotel is in DTLA. However, there are several parking garages nearby but they're not within walking distance. Overall it was a great stay!
2 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
M.Everett
"Good place to stay downtown"
Good hotel - it would be great with free internet in the rooms.
4 night business trip Sep 9, 2015
sherri
Walking distance from the Opera. Parking was too expensive
3 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
Athos
Lovely, tranquil ambience and very friendly staff. Sterling in the lounge restaurant was a delight and the piano man is exceptional. Highly recommend this property!
1 night business trip Sep 9, 2015
Marianne
"Excellent experience from start to finish"
Excellent experience - from the valet parking to reception to the room (especially the bed). Highly recommend for your stay in downtown LA.
1 night business trip May 20, 2015
"Weeding Trip"
The Omni Hotel was great! The rooms are clean, spacious, and we'll maintained, oh... and their king size bed was very comfortable too! As soon as I arrived to the Hotel I was greeted by friendly valet attendants and my check in to the hotel was quick and easy.I will definitely stay here again in the future.
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
Emmanuel
"so far so good"
nice price but expensive parking
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
HaoZhe
"Incredible staff! Great service. Great Location."
My wife and I have a habit of exploring, and one thing I very much enjoy are large cities. We chose the hotel as part of our Labor Day SoCal four day adventure, and really got the most of it's location. Truly just moments from the expressway, there isn't a bad view in the house and you are within walking distance of very cool locations. We hit up Little Tokyo for some seriously awesome Ramen for the first night and strolled through the city atmosphere wide-eyed at the beautiful architecture that L.A. promises. We are hikers so we didn't mind the photogenic sidewalk routes, but cabs and Uber drivers are everywhere, and the valet at this location is a well oiled machine. We hit up Hollywood and just about every tourist spot the next day and I'm confident if you are wanting to see anywhere in the area, this is the location you're hoping for.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Alex
"Friendly staff"
Friendly and helpful staff Great location for downtown activitied
2 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
"Excellent Everything"
Not a single complaint about this hotel! Everything was beyond 5stars for us! Staff location town car pool fitness room and concierge was excellent! We appreciated everything they did for us! Totally recommend Omni for anyone traveling to Los Angeles!
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
ryan
Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Diff entity staying again when in LA.
2 night trip with friends Aug 31, 2015
Juan
"Festival getaway"
Its a really comfortable and stylish hotel within walking distance of downtown which is the prime reason I picked it. During the day they have some fruit infused waters that are nice to grab as you head out for the day. But they seem to enjoy nickel and diming their guests, ie 10 per day for wi-fi and 48 per day for parking. I found a parking garage down the street for an overnight rate of 16 per day. On a positive note the bar makes a good Manhattan and they have friendly customer service.
3 night trip Aug 21, 2015
Samuel
It was great only thing was missing was a microwave to warm up my food for guest to use.
3 night business trip Aug 28, 2015
Shannon
"5 star Omni"
Beautiful hotel with a very accommodating staff. The drinks at the bar were amazing!!!
1 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2015
Shannana
The valet were the nicest people I met in LA.
3 night family trip Aug 23, 2015
Keith
"Almost fine. Your suggestion will NOT be heard"
It was ok overall. Please be aware that parking will cost you $50/ night. I asked them about any fees or charges I should know about when I checked in and they didn't mention anything about parking, which was NOT included in the contract either. I had the option to park at my friends apartment two blocks away for free but I thought parking was included. Nevertheless, I got charged for every night, although two of those nights I barely even parked two hours. And when I called afterwards to suggest that they should be a bit more informative and transparent about their fees, the gentleman on the other line practically blew me off and had no interest whatsoever in listening on what I had to say. It was overall a good experience but the lack of consideration for the customer and what I had to say just ruined my experience there. Please be aware
Response by Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza
Thank you for staying with us! We are absolutely disappointed to hear about the service you received from our staff. Please know that that attitude is not acceptable to us, and we will address it with the appropriate department heads. Helen Simmons General Manager
4 night trip Aug 24, 2015
ERION
Beautiful place to stay quick ride to anywhere in LA and museum is next door but no jacuzzi!!!
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
Chuck
"AMAZING, so accommodating, great staff!!!"
They went above and beyond to make our stay amazing!!! We asked for batteries in the middle of the night and in 10 minutes they were knocking with batteries for us. The view is amazing, the staff all great. Will definitely stay here next time I go to L.A for concerts.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2015
"nice stay in dtla"
great stay! really nice staff, from the front desk to room service to car service peeps, everyone was lovely. perfect location & great room. not the trendy modern standard, where our friends stayed, but much quieter & low key for the sleep we needed after fyf fest. would definitely stay again. tasty breakfast options too with blue bottle on the menu - yum! also loved the fruit-infused water served during the day in the lobby. what to know: valet parking is $$$, but it's dtla; fridge is locked & for their stuff only, so request a fridge if needed; toiletries are fine, but soap was harsh on sensitive skin, so bring your own if you are picky or have sensitive skin.
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015