All hotels in Los Angeles, California, United States of America
328 E 1st St, Los Angeles, CA, 90012, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

We only stayed for one night and it was great. I especially enjoyed the location. The room was very clean and comfy and the staff was very nice and helpful. I recommend staying here.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Abby
"Toilet seat is a hit"
Large room, great bathroom with great toilet seat(heated and complete with spray for cleansing. Got to get one for home.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
shelly
"Second visit"
We decided to stay here a second time because we love the location. Pretty much in the middle of all the famous tourist stops.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Alvin
"Enjoying downtown LA"
We took a quick get away into Los Angeles to enjoy a couple of concerts. The hotel was perfect. The room was comfortable. The location was set right between the two venues and availability of restaurants and taxis made our stay perfect.
2 night romance trip Dec 11, 2014
Jacques
"Not worth the money"
I've stayed in hostels better than this place. Yes the room is ok but I definitely wouldn't have paid that much a night after staying there.
1 night trip Dec 6, 2014
"Nice hotel, good location"
It was a quick stay for us, we like the location. Have been here before and enjoyed it then too.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"Convenience"
Shops & eateries were good! Felt safe & had a fun time!
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
alisa
Nice place in a great location in Little Tokyo. Friendly staff eager to please. But they wouldn't give us an extra room key, and didn't explain why not.
4 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
SamanthaM
"Convenient Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles"
A Japanese hotel located in Los Angeles' Little Tokyo, the Miyako offered reasonably priced rooms and valet parking in a central location. Helpful staff and amenities like a restaurant and coffee shop supported a comfortable stay.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
Pleasant
"Nice Hotel in Little Tokyo, Los Angeles"
Nice hotel in Little Tokyo, Los Angeles. It is located next to Little Tokyo Mall and close to the Japanese American National Museum. Clean room, friendly staff, good location for many destinations in downtown Los Angeles.
Jazzman
"Little Tokyo"
Great hotel with good rates.
3 night business trip Nov 15, 2014
Just stayed over the weekend. The hotel staff was very friendly and our room was very clean and surprisingly spacious. I would definitely stay here again if I'm town.
L
"Great hotel in Little Tokyo"
Great location in Little Tokyo. Friendly staff. Comfortable rooms. Everything was fine.
2 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
"Great stay at Miyako"
Wonderful place, comfortable room, clean, incredible location in LA
1 night family trip Nov 6, 2014
Alan
"Better than average"
The hotel was fully booked due to a nearby convention, but the hotel service was seanless with little delay in the elevators and not much noise through the walls and hallways. There was a bit of noise on Saturday night due to the karoke restaurant nearby, but I was able to tune it out. Also, if you need room service I would advise that you put the tag on the door requesting it as housekeeping will not go into your room. Overall the beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean. Oh and the toilet is a bit odd as it is a toilet and bidet combination and the add on lid made our toilet a rouch lopesided. Overall pretty satisfied with my 4 night stay.
4 night trip with friends Oct 29, 2014
Angie
"Great hotel located in the heart of little Tokyo"
Metro is two blocks away, went for one night. Great place to stay, bathroom is outdated but everyone was very nice!
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
kristine
Loved the neighborhood and was so close to venue for Hello Kitty Com. Staff was friendly and courteous. Wonderful stay.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Tish
"Not worth the price"
The staff were very pleasant, and so was the spa, but the room was so out of date! It smelled funny, the Japanese toilet seat was old, the bed was uncomfortable, and the sheets were so rough! The room was also very small. Additionally, the hotel charges a $6 cover per person and a 2 drink minimum at the bar. This would've been ok if they were providing some sort of entertainment, but there was nothing. No dancing, no dj, no karaoke... nothing! It was sad that I paid $50 less for an Embassy Suite room the night before and got so much more for my money (free unlimited alcohol, a custom breakfast, 2 room suite). I won't be staying here again.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Courtney
"Wonderful hotel!!"
This hotel worked out perfectly for my friend and I since we were attending the Hello Kitty Con. It was just a block away from our event. The food surrounding the area was plentiful and abundant. Stores in the area were great to shop at and I had complete comfort in my surroundings. Our choice for this location was absolutely perfect based on location and price. My total praise has to be with the staff. EVERY SINGLE PERSON we encountered at the hotel that was a staff member went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. It was amazing! Front desk, valet, concierge, and cleaning staff were super super nice and helpful! I would recommend this hotel to everyone I know!
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
JEn
I was a bit disappointed by the quality of the service, especially by the staffs, parking and breakfast.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
"Not bad for DTLA"
Location is little Tokyo, which has a lot of LA history and is very interesting Hotel is very clean, you see a lot of staff cleaning throughout hotel Rooms are clean but a little but rundown needs remodeling, lobby is nice and remodeled Only issue was i arrived at 3:45pm and the room was not ready
2 night business trip Oct 18, 2014
chris
"Weekend Wedding"
Spent a long weekend at the Miyako when in town for a wedding. It was a better location and hotel than I expected. I really enjoyed the bi-cultural atmosphere of the hotel. Amazingly the water bottles in the room were only $1. The bathroom shower was the worst part of the room, it was short and had bad water flow. The bidet was a shockingly amazing plus.
2 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2014
"Domo arrigato, Hotel Miyako!"
Pluses: Room (bed, chairs) VERY comfortable. Lovely bathroom with commode + bidet (nice!). Plenty of outlets for electronic devices. Big screen tv, easy to use. One small minus: windowsill needed to be wiped down.
2 night trip Oct 16, 2014
Molly
"Best hotel in downtown LA...and best price"
Very good overall hotel experience....asked for bellman to help with bags when leaving....he never showed.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
Marty
"Not bad"
The room was better than i thought. Spacious. It didn't look that nice from outside, but better than the cover. Lobby was tiny.
1 night romance trip Oct 13, 2014
Rosa J
"Great stay. Does not feel like you're in Downtown"
Feels like you're in Japan. Great sense of character and culture.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
"Close to Union Station"
Just a stop away on the gold line from Union Station. Good value for money. Wi-fi is free though i can be slow and a bit spotty.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
Andy
"We loved the Mayado."
The Mayodo is an older welk-kept hotel.. Room size average and furniture a tad on the old side. The bedding was outstanding and was very surpridse to learn there was a bidet in the bathroom. So many Asia style food restaurantsto are located all around the perimeter of the hotel. Fresh flowers in the lobby.I live about 4 north of Los Angeles, but must come to USC for my cancer doctor. I love this hotel and will definitely stay again. And yes, it is about 15 minutes from USC.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
Shannon
"Hotel close to the Orpheum Theatre"
First time in Little Tokyo. I really enjoyed the area. Hotel was nice. The comfort of the room all depends on the bed. The bed as average but the room was nice.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Althea
"In Heart of Little Tokyo"
Conveniently located in the heart of Little Tokyo and downtown Los Angeles.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
okigs
very pleasant and very helpful staff members, good location
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
ttk
"Close to made in America"
Great location to the venue an very clean, very friendly staff
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
I stayed there with 2 friends of mine and we had a double room! We are all from Europe, so the beds were huge and very comfortable! The room was very clean and the beds fresh every day. The service at the front desk was excellent and very kind.
3 night trip Aug 20, 2014
C.R.
"clean and comfortable but a mixed neighborhood"
The hotel is downtown, in Japantown, which was fun, but when we walked more than few blocks we found ourselves in a pretty rough area.
2 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"Pleasant stay at the conveniently located Miyako"
My family and I found the Miyako a clean, efficient, and modern place to stay for a few nights while we visited relatives, checked out downtown L.A. and enjoyed the Japanese American National Museum. We recommend it... it is not fancy, but modern and convenient. If you are driving, use the valet parking which is a real bargain for L.A.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
"nice hotel"
Staff were really helpful and friendly. Close to train station and bus stops. Clean and tidy nice rooms.
1 night trip with friends Aug 16, 2014
katie
I love this hotel. It's around a lot of good food & bar.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"Best beds ever!!!"
This hotels is so awesome!!! If you ever were on japan and miss the communities of japan, go here! With a great restaraunt that serves absolutly lovely japanese foods, to the beds and bathrooms! Anyone who has ever been to Japan misses the high tech toilets! This place has them! I will be staying here everytime i visit LA!
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"Poor WiFi, poor smile, great bidet toilet"
Free WiFi has only 200 devices capability and sometimes rejected my access. No smile on staff face. No free parking available other than $10 per night public parking. Great location. Great bidet toilet (so called Washlet)
5 night business trip Jul 27, 2014
The hotel great this is my second time stying at Miyakos.
1 night business trip Aug 1, 2014
Mia
The staff was outstanding with registration and helping us in getting to our destinations. Very helpful, knowledgeable and genuinely friendly.... THE hotel rooms were clean and the bedding was cushiony soft. After a long day of traveling, it was nice to sink into the bed and be wrapped in such comfort. Slept like a well fed kitten.....
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2014
Roxanne Burns
"Great location for Disney Hall Events"
the Miyako is an older hotel, well maintained. The front desk staff was excellent. The room in which I stayed was large, and the bathroom quite clean. Aveda products in the bathroom were upscale.The black out curtains were amazing and have inspired me to redo my bedroom drapes because the hotel ones were so effective. I requested a room off the street, and I was on the back side of the hotel, which was very quiet. I upgraded to a king bed for $20 more which was worth it. A very good bed with nice linens. Best advice on the valet parking: - - hotel uses the AutoPark next door for the Little Tokyo Mall which you can self park in yourself - -so I paid a total of $8 over 2 days, vs. the hotel valet charge of $20 a day. Just pull into the hotel's auto court to unload your luggage, decline the valet parking, and do it yourself. Take the money you saved and go get some sake and Japanese food across the street and any of the 4 hopping restaurants just across the street. They serve late until 1 or 2 - - best bet:: the hip Far East Cafe (Chinese) open since 1890's and very cool.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
jaxview
"convenient location"
The hotel was walking distance to the Aratani Theater, the Japanese Museum, Little Tokyo, and quaint shopping stores and eateries. The parking lot was beside the hotel and acquired a small fee for an overnight stay.
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2014
"Very happy with Miyako"
I found the Mikayo to have an exceptionally friendly and helpful staff and the room was very clean and comfortable. I could have used more power outlets to plug in electronics. It was easy to walk to and from less expensive parking lot adjacent to the hotel. The bakeries and coffee shop at the Japanese mall were very good. Several restaurants were within walking distance. It was fast and easy to get to the garment district for business and to get onto the freeways. The only downside was the neighborhood in certain areas.
2 night business trip Jun 4, 2014
"Very convenient"
Very convenient to Little Tokyo, JACCC, JANM. I got a room at the last minute, due to some scheduling changes and availability. I got a very nice room on the 7th floor and was there for 2 nights. I think it would have been cheaper if I hadn't had to book it the night before I went, but the $14 valet charge was actually $18 $1.80 tax per day, so closer to $20/day. If I had known that, I would have gone to the attached public parking, which is $10/weekday and $5/weekend. The A/C turned off after the first night and never came back on again. This has happened to us before in this hotel, I think they do it on purpose. However, the weekend temps were in the 70's to low 80's, so as long as the fan was on, we were comfortable. In-room safe, refrigerator, and coffee made it very convenient for us and all our gear. Beds (2 queen) were super comfortable. Service staff were great, front desk was very polite and accommodating, maid service was timely and unobtrusive. Bell desk was quick and efficient. I didn't have any problems with noise, either from other rooms or the street.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
clubkookoo
"Highly recommended"
Located in the center of Little Tokyo, Hotel Miyako offered an economical and convenient stay. Could not be more pleased.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Great Hotel 4/5"
The location was great mall right behind you and in Little Tokyo. Only complains I had are the Iron and the refrigerator didn't work at all or not as well. Also they didn't have a microwave in the rooms so you have to go down stairs and ask them heat the food for you Overall great location lots of restaurants near you and friendly staff.
2 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2014
"Room Condition"
The toilet wall paper is peeling and there's obvious signs of tear on the wall and tiles. The shower was very disappointing as you cannot adjust the shower head for rain shower. The water was shooting out in a sharp downward motion and it hurts your body as it hits it. Taking a shower was the worst part of all.
"It was nice."
It was nice, I didn't actually use any of the amenities though besides the internet. So I can't fully put a review on that. The staff at the front desk were kind of distant and a little bit of a dick. Just saying. There is a ton of little Japanese food places literally right outside of there. Most likely you won't actually need to use your car. Depending what you are going to be doing there.
Brandon
"decent hotel"
The hotel was decent but the shower water was Luke warm at best. Used the shower at night and in the morning and the water was the same.
1 night business trip Jun 29, 2014