All hotels in West Fargo, North Dakota, United States of America
525 Main Avenue East, West Fargo, ND, 58078, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

2.9
"Great Rooms"
Great rooms but not sure of the location
1 night trip Jun 15, 2014
"Nice Hotel. Wish it was closer to University!"
We would stay there again. Very nice room. Quiet. Breakfast could be a little better though. Should be until 10:00 a.m.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
For the price, it was great, commpare to motel 6 of higher price. Has a great comprementry breakfast for the price. Thanks Howard Johnson.
1 night business trip Jun 12, 2014
"No shower for you"
slated for a late check out only to find out they shut the water off so we couldn't shower. They said the city did it but a ride around showed NO city workers and a functioning McDonalds next door that was serving something they couldn't do without running water.
1 night trip May 28, 2014
Rob
"I would rate a 3"
It worked for us. We just slept there. For the price I can't complain.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
"Good value small pool"
The pool seemed a bit run down. The hot tub was n need of fresh water.
Other trip May 25, 2014
M
"Good place for the money."
Good place for the money. I was there for marathon weekend and the staff was friendly and it served it's purpose.
2 night business trip May 9, 2014
"Malfunctioning alarms - less than restful sleep"
Room was fine, but fire alarms were malfunctioning and woke us at 4:00AM. In morning, manager explained alarms were acting up due to a storm that had been through the city a few days earlier. Other than apologizing for inconvenience, no compensation was offered.
1 night trip Apr 2, 2014
Peggy
Staff was friendly, had no problems at all. Pool was nice and warm and the continental breakfast set up well and clean.
2 night trip Mar 13, 2014
Danyelle
"You get what you pay for"
Ok for the money. Hot tub water looked bad, no elevator, breakfast was poor. But it was cheap and room was ok.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
Captain
"Simple, clean and comfortable"
Clean and affordable--suited my needs for a one night stay. Staff was courteous and accommodating.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
What a terrible place.yuck
1 night business trip Feb 3, 2014
chad
"Good stay"
Not in the greatest condition, but beds very comfortable.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
"Always stay here"
Good hotel for the price. This hotel is the lowest price for the area. Others are more and run down. We always stay here have for years.
1 night business trip Jan 16, 2014
"not close to the mall as described."
the room was hot and muggy, the bed has something sticking out of it and we kept hitting our legs on it. floors were not vacuumed and other food from before was still on floor. bathroom tub was filthy we had to clean it b4 giving our 1 yr olds a bath. all appliances were extremely dusty. just not comfortable at all.. everything was dirty feeling..
Other trip Jan 1, 2014
"A+ service!"
I just wanted to tke a couple of moments to praise this Hotel. I was pleasantly surprised by the nice rooms, and easy of check in. I have to say that my expectations were low, but was quickly surprised after entering the room. I have gone out of my way to make sure credit goes to the hotel clerk (Jay) We were in town with my family and booked 2 rooms at the super 8 and one down the street due to no more vacancy. He had a room open up and offered to cancel the other hotel room for us. We were running behind schedule, and he just took care of things. He even sent me a text saying so. (from his personal phone) It made the stay so much easier, and he didn't have to do this for us. This is 4 star service in my books.
1 night trip Dec 20, 2013
Shelley
"Not impressed!"
The room appeared to not have experienced routine maintenance for quite some time. The manager thanked us for the negative feedback. I really do not think that management is as concerned about impressions as much as making a profit. I hope that this isn't typical of Howard Johnson facilities. I noticed a staff member smoking within 5 feet of a sign on the door: No Smoking within 20 feet of entrance.
Other trip Dec 22, 2013
"No thanks."
The room we were given had shreds of tissue on the floor, hairs in the bed, flies in the light fixtures, etc. When we complained at the front desk, the manager would not believe us, would not come to the room to see the shape it was in, and refused to refund our money. We had to stop payment through our card company to get our money back.
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
"Perfect location for our situation"
We were visiting family in West Fargo so the location was perfect.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2013
"At least it was a short stay!"
We're a family of 4, with 2 very young kids, so we were on a tight budget. Didn't have the highest expectations for the HoJo but it was actually worse than we thought! Luckily we only stayed there to sleep - 10hrs. The bathtub was filthy, so we didn't even bother using it. The fridge barely shut so to make sure the bottles of milk we brought stayed cold, we put it in a bucket of ice which we placed in the fridge. The bag for the ice bucket, by the way, broke. The coffee maker was crusty and kept turning off before it finished dripping. The heater smelled a bit when we first turned it on. I'm not sure if they vacuumed everything because we found a penny on the ground. And there was no alarm clock in the room. The breakfast was ok except for the disgusting frozen eggs. The sheets looked decent but I lightly sprayed it with a disinfectant, just in case! Fortunately, we were super tired from a long drive, so we slept like babies. The staff seemed very ice though! Would I recommend it? Not really. I'm sure there are nicer hotels that are just as cheap but don't feel as cheap and much closer to the malls.
1 night trip Nov 28, 2013
The room was very musty and smelled of old smoke. The man behind the desk could care less whether we were there or not. Everything was old but mostly kept up and I like the arrangement of the room. No control over the heat though which made the musty, smokey smell even worse.
Other trip Nov 30, 2013
"Great Place to Stay"
Very clean and friendly staff.
1 night trip Nov 24, 2013
"Fair stay!"
I stayed there 3 days it was oka not great. Rooms are out of date and the smell is unpleasant!
Other trip Nov 8, 2013
"Wonderfully appointed room"
My wife stepped in and said "ohhh, how nice and romantic!" I tried to stay at a Howard Johnson many years ago and actually left though it was late at night because of the condition of the room. And therefore was always a little shy about trying Howard Johnson's again. So I loved my wife's overwhelming response. And I agree with her; it was a really nice room!
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
"Close to work"
We stay here during the work week as we live 65 miles away from work. Easy to get to and nice big comfortable rooms.
Other trip Sep 28, 2013
Dean
"close to my meetings"
good location, clean, quiet ,comfortable
1 night trip Sep 12, 2013
"Great value"
Great value for the money. Great waffles for breakfast!!
2 night trip Sep 13, 2013
"Average at best"
I choose this property because it said it had a free shuttle to the airport; not only did it not but I received little help arranging other transportation. I got to the airport 25 minutes before my boarding only after I called three taxi's. The room and bed were fine and the free breakfast is a perk. Check carefully before booking to make sure your needs are me.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2013
"room cleanliness and comfort"
our room had a stained comforter that was put back on our bed twice, and since it was smoothed, i know the staff saw the stain. we had no kleenex box, and the air conditioner was not working properly.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
I LIKED THE PRICE AND THE BREAKFAST. THE POOL WAS OK. IT WAS OUT OF OUR WAY BUT WOULD STAY AGAIN!
1 night trip Aug 26, 2013
"Somewhere to stay"
It was okay. The bathroom wasn't cleaned on a daily basis. It was located in an industrial area and across the street from a low income apartment complex and trailer court.
4 night trip Aug 26, 2013
"Work relocation"
It was an older hotel with older furniture. It was fine for the price paid and for a short stay. The Staff was nice and accommodated our requests. The Continental Breakfast was served and reflected the price paid...enough to get you going without having to go elsewhere.
2 night business trip Aug 27, 2013
Josh
"Unhappy Hotel Guest."
The accomodation were very poor. We had a bath room vanity 18" wide my wife had not place to put her make-up hairspray and other items. She had to go outside of the bath room to apply items. The A/C unit was very load we asked management to look at it, if they did nothing was fixed very load. The room was not cleaned properly, my wife left her foot socks on walking on carpet and they were black the next day. I would not stay at this again. Unfortunate as it has a convenent locatin for us!!!!
3 night business trip Aug 16, 2013
OCL
"Very Good Hotel for the Price"
While in Fargo, we stayed at 4 different hotels and this was by far the best one that we stayed in. Friendly staff, well maintained pool/spa, and very clean room.
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2013
"Easy location to get to."
This hotel satisfies all the needs of the traveler. Has a pool, continental breakfast, etc. No extra frills like iron/ironing board, safe...however, all in all....a nice place to lay your head.
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
Chad
the motel is a little dated but not bad
2 night trip Jun 7, 2013
"close to the event we were attending"
I like that the rooms have a refrigerator & a microwave in the rooms.
2 night trip May 31, 2013
"Disgusting"
Would never stay there again. I cant believe they even have this place as a recommend place to stay. Disgusting. Wouldnt walk on carpet without shoes and kids was not allowed in the pool. Wife wanted to check the national bed bug site.
Other trip Apr 10, 2013
Very friendly staff and rooms were very clean. Didn't use the breakfast room but it looked big.
1 night trip Mar 14, 2013
"Great value for the money. Would definitely stay h"
Everyone at the hotel was very helpful. Room was clean and comfortable.
Other trip Feb 24, 2013
Vicki

"Never again"
Room was dirty 3 empty water bottles under the bed along with beer caps. Shower was slippery and plug was broken. Heater smelt like burnt eggs.
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2015
Corey
"meh."
Room cost was cheap. Was relatively clean.WiFi worked well and the parking was free. The bed seemed new and comfortable. I've stayed in nicer rooms for comparable prices but overall it wasn't terrible. Just a forget able cheap hotel room.
1 night romance trip Nov 16, 2015
lyle
Furniture showed lots of wear and tear. Big chair in room ripped in numerous places and worn. Carpet lifting in various places in the room and wallpaper peeling in various places. Window sill not cleaned. Mattresses very uncomfortable and need replacing.
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
"Fargo hotel off the beaten track."
Reasonable priced hotel, on the older side but clean and comfortable. Suited our needs just fine, a clean place to sleep. Has a pool and hot tub but we didn't use it. Near Bonanzaville, and a short drive to the shopping. Because it was a short drive was much quieter and less congested.
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
"Older hotel in Industrial part of town"
Hotel was old and a bit rundown. No amenities near by. Disappointing stay.
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
"No our best motel. Motel poor."
Musty smell in the room.
1 night family trip May 19, 2015
Wanda
"An ok hotel for a reasonable price. Not high end"
Check in was easy due to having already paid. Staff were friendly and helpful. Morning breakfast was ok- had a bit of protein to go with high carb selections.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Marg
"Less than expected"
One of the towels in our room had a rip in it. Not enough towels on the first night. Disappointed in the breakfast selection, no decaf coffee in the breakfast room. Staff had to be told when items were not there instead of them making sure all was stocked. The complementary lobby computer was not operational. The door to our room had to be "forcibly" closed or else it would stay ajar.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
"Room OK but experienced cleanliness/ health issues"
Room layout was ok, but smelt a bad odour when I entered. Asked them to change the room but no alternative was available. Woke up at 02:00 with by far the worst asthma attack I have ever had in my life. I am not highly asthmatic, only slightly. I staggered out into the entrance in the minus 10F air and was OK after 10 minutes or so. Afterwards I re-entered the room to pick up my stuff and hit the rooad. I put this episode down to room cleanliness, possibly animals having been kept in the room, alot of dust under the bed. Needless to say I wont be staying there ever again !!!
1 night business trip Feb 14, 2015
Martin
"Good Value"
Comfortable one night stay on a shopping trip. It's a bit out of the way, but easy to get to.