All hotels in Fairfax, Virginia, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here10327 Fairfax Boulevard, Fairfax, VA, 22030, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

"Convenient but poorly run"
Despite the snow and freezing temperatures, the hotel's parking lot was not cleared of ice, making it very dangerous to walk around. The room was small, and the bathroom bordered on claustrophobic. The toilet and shower were in a small closet-like space, with the sink on the other side of the room's entry (after using the toilet, you had to leave the bathroom to wash up). The bathroom fan rattled like a beat up car whenever it was turned on, and the shower ran out of hot water. What hotel runs out of hot water? The hotel staff were great, and did what they could with what they had. The free breakfast was a disappointment, the sausage dried up and the eggs just gross, but they had a fantastic 'instant' pancake machine that makes two pancakes in 60 seconds, and that wasn't too bad at all.
3 night family trip Feb 13, 2014
Hank
Was great
1 night trip Dec 18, 2013
Staff very friendly and approachable. Room and hallway are very clean. My kids love the hot breakfast and enjoy making their pancakes
1 night trip Nov 16, 2013
"Good location/great room"
Everything was good about this place for the price we paid. Only thing that was not in the room was a microwave, but who really cares :-) Free WIFI and a good complementary breakfast was great!
2 night family trip Nov 8, 2013
Kosala
"Good Holiday in to stay"
The Hotel runs very cleanly and had a very friendly staff.
1 night trip Oct 23, 2013
Deb
"Good location. Close to lots of restaurants"
Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was good. Cinnamon rolls are great.
4 night family trip Oct 11, 2013
C. Hofer
"Excellent place to stay"
It was a nice stay. Convenient location, clean room, great breakfast, pleasant staff. I wish they had microwaves in the room too.
2 night business trip Sep 29, 2013
Cheaper than DC AND ONLY A SHORT RIDE TO THE METRO
2 night family trip Sep 24, 2013
JIMMY
"Next to impossible to find"
The staff was nice and the room was ok. The remote in the room didn't work and the pillows were lumpy and uncomfortable. I only stayed one night and it was fine for that. I don't think I would want to stay there for an extended period of time. The room was cramped. I was a handicap room and I feel sorry for the handicap because they can shower but not get to the bed or desk. The workout room was actually decent compared to others I have seen. It was small as most are but the equipment was fairly new and in good working order.
1 night trip Sep 23, 2013
Marty
"Great Value"
Very well maintained and extremely clean! The best free hotel breakfast that I have ever enjoyed!
1 night business trip Sep 11, 2013
This was my 2nd stay at a Holiday Inn Express. The 1st one, in Rehoboth DE, was outstanding. Not so for this one. The light fixture in the bathroom was broken, there was dust everywhere, and the odor in the room was very strong. I was glad I was only spending 1 night.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2013
"Holiday Inn Express"
The first hotel on our road trip. Good start. Nice place to stay for the night. Breakfast was great for being included. No real complaints.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
Lena
"Foreget it if you need internet"
Terrible internet connectivity and the staff even warned me so apparently they know it is awful yet nothing has been done to correct it. I would not have stayed there had I know the situation.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
"Affordable, comfortable, and convenient!"
I spent one night and two days at the hotel while my daughter attended Freshman Orientation at GMU. The accommodations were quite comfortable and clean. We had everything we needed. The staff was friendly. There aren't a lot of bells and whistles, just a pleasant place stay that was well within our budget.
1 night business trip Jul 22, 2013
Angela
"God for the price"
The staff was very nice and helpful, and the room was fine...my two complaints are it is very hard to spot while driving (we went well past it and had to U-turn), and the bathroom set up (king bed) was horrible....the toilet and shower were behind the front door, and outside of the-completely exposed to the door, was the sink vanity and mirror, so could cause an accidental exposure to passer-byes if the door were opened at an inopportune time
1 night trip Jun 29, 2013
Jen
"easy to find right off the interstate"
excellent/helpful staff.
1 night trip with friends Jun 22, 2013
"The hotel was about 2 miles from our dest.for sat."
We thought it was great. The receptionist, Barbara was very helpful. Our stay was great.
Other trip Jun 14, 2013
Ralph & Kathi
"Nice hotel easy to get to."
My experience,was excellent, for that day I stayed. I would recommend anyone to stay there.
Other trip May 8, 2013
"Just Okay"
The Holiday Inn Express is deserving of an "OK" rating. While the rooms are clean and comfortable the overall appearance of the building is in need of upgrading. It's dark and not particularly spacious. However the staff was warm and welcoming. I'd go back however I don't believe this location meets the standard of other Express hotels.
1 night family trip Apr 28, 2013
JSG
"DC Vacation"
The hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly. My only complaint would be that the sign for the hotel is very small and Hard to see from the street. One note is the pancake machine was broken. This is the second Consecutive time we stayed at a Holiday Inn express where the pancake machine did not work.
Family trip Apr 7, 2013
"Seems to have lost some of it's newness"
Have stayed here before and thought it was a first-class experience. Don't know why things have changed, room was shabbier, pillows marked firm and soft , they are shapeless lumps,mattress was good.frig in room and coffee maker.Sink outside of bathroom.Too few waste-baskets.No channel listings but TV was nice. Lots of noises from pipes, toilets, etc.-high pitched, squealing. AC/heater very noisy.Noises from hallway very bad, doors slamming very loud. Staff and front desk were very nice and polite. Breakfast was the bomb, delicious, hot ,but sometimes not plentiful. They need to extend breakfast hours. Clean breakfast room. Business area out in the open hallway but readily available. Red Lobster walking distance and some eateries across a very busy highway, there is access to a stop light when exiting. Very close to Metro and all the D.C. offers. Free parking, front walk needs sweeping of all the cigarette butts-pretty disgusting. Overall, should be two star- with a lower price because of the shabbiness, they need to upkeep the rooms a lot better.
Other trip Apr 3, 2013
Very close to the highway, which was perfect for getting to the metro to visit DC. At the time we stayed, we had breakfast included. We thought it was just going to be boxed cereal and maybe some fruit. I'm so glad I was wrong! My husband enjoyed pancakes, sausage, biscuits... the works! And always stocked! Staff was always in the dining area making sure there was plenty of food and everything was clean. For what we paid, our room was excellent too! Only thing I could have been put off by was the family across the half with not-so-great children who also left the door open, but I can't complain about that either! Only reason I knew about them is when we left the room; other than that, the room served it's purpose of a safe and quiet haven to rest in at night. I'll definitely book at this hotel when I'm back in the area!
2 night family trip Sep 28, 2012
Anne
"Barely OK Stay"
Hotel had an old smell, probably because it had allowed smoking in the past. Staff was friendly and helpful but this hotel is surely showing it's age.We will book at a different hotel next time we are in the area.
1 night trip Feb 19, 2013
Our stay was nice! Room was updated, spacious, an clean. Breakfast was good and lots of options.
2 night trip Jan 20, 2013
CC
"Breakfast choices for everyone!"
We were disappointed that the pancake maker was out of order but were delighted by the array of other foods for breakfast--including eggs, sausage, biscuits, and gravy as well as cereal, muffins, toast, yogurt, and fresh fruit.
Other trip Dec 20, 2012
"Good value for the money we paid."
Hotel needs a little TLC - some of the furniture in our room could definitely be replaced but the staff more than made up for that. The front desk were very helpful and went over and above to try to make sure we got an internet connection. The breakfast staff was very pleasant. Breakfast was good. Location was very good for what we wanted. All in all, we could not complain for the price we paid.
Other trip Dec 16, 2012
LizB
"A Nice Quiet Night"
After a full day at a swim meet at GMU, we had a quiet night in a comfortable room.
1 night trip Dec 7, 2012
I am guessing this is an old hotel. Room and bathroom is extremely small. Very difficult just to maneuver around the room without bumping into something. 2. Bed was not great. Only hotel I have stayed in over 5 years that still uses artificial fill pillows, instead of Down pillows, at this price point 3. Not able to regulate the temperature correctly in the room either. Old style, blower/vent only, no Thermostat :-(, so it was either too hot or too cold. NIce freindly staff, breakfast was ok. Not a comfortable hotel in comparison to many others that I have stayed in over the past 5 years at this price range.
1 night trip Nov 29, 2012
"Okay"
Sink faucet no cold water, only hot. Shower starts off hot, then goes to lukewarm no matter how often you turn it up. Bike electronics in workout room needs repair. Frig had trouble holding right temperature. Otherwise, rooms clean, bkfst good, employees very helpful and friendly. Price and proximity to my business locations overrode any inconveniences.
Other trip Nov 29, 2012
"A nice place to sleep....for economy stay over"
Staff were pleasant overall.The night clerk displayed some attitude when I asked for a drinking cup.The cleaning staff forgot to install.The breakfast was quite nice for an economy stay.Also printing from my computer was great!Heater was somewhat unpredictable and beyond the maintenance crews ability
7 night family trip Nov 19, 2012
Andy
I had an extended stay at this hotel for business purposes, and found everything up to my expectations. The staff was very friendly; the breakfast was tasty; and the locations was perfect.
5 night business trip Sep 18, 2012
Stayed here for a week and a half on a business trip. The staff was very courteous and helpful. My room was clean, and it met expectations for the price range. My only complaint is that the bathroom was small, but all other services met expectations.
Business trip Sep 24, 2012
all was good sleep and food
Other trip Sep 20, 2012
"Good value for a family."
The hotel was in a good location for our visit with family in the area. The service was very good. The room needed a little updating, but was clean and comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was included which made it very convenient with small children. All in all, it was a good value.
Other trip Sep 17, 2012
Phyllis
"Perfect!"
Great stay, clean room and fresh sheets !
Business trip Sep 14, 2012
Wrm
Nice hotel. The lady on the front desk is considerate and very polite. I will rent the hotel again if go to Washington next time.
Other trip Sep 13, 2012
Good comfortable stay for one night.
Other trip Sep 10, 2012
Abhi
"Great Place & express check out."
nice place to spend a night. good neighborhood and close to DC
Other trip Sep 4, 2012
"Holiday Inn Experience"
Great price and comfortable amenities. Nice free breakfast.
Other trip Aug 29, 2012
"Trip"
The bath room is too small and the sink area has no privacy when you wash,shave and brush your teeth,other than that evert thin was satisfactory
Other trip Aug 28, 2012
"Drop off weekend for GMU"
We dropped our daughter off at GMU and needed a close place to stay near campus. The hotel was convienient and offered a good rate. We usually stay at one of the Marriott properties, but they were more expensive for the one night. But now I know why we usually stay there, you get what you pay for. The room was OK, not horrible, you can tell it had been renovated & updated which I appreciated, however, I am a clean freak, and there was sirt & crud built up in the corners of the bathroom floor near the tub. the wallpaper was peeling in the bathroon and the door jam to our room looked as though a dog had attacked it. Also the pillows were HORRIBLE., they must have been at least 12 yrs. old, flat, lumpy, awful. And we had no soap in our room. My husband went to the front desk to ask for two bars, one for the sink & one for the shower in the morning. He was told they had run out! What hotel rums out of soap! We had to use the little bottle of shampoo provided to wash. Now i know why we stay at the Marriott, that would never have happened there.
Other trip Aug 27, 2012
mmholleran
"So so"
Bad smelling airconditioner and wet carpet. Other than those, other things are okay.
Family trip Aug 8, 2012
"Close to the Patriot Center"
The Front Dest Staff members were very cordial and informative. Unfortunately, neither of the rooms were ready [one party checked in @ 5:30 PM on a Sunday and the other @ 1:00 PM on a Monday]. I heard the same thing from other customers as we waited in the front lobby. The Cleaning Staff had one employee that tried to walk into the room without knocking or announcing herself; the door security latch prevented her from walking in...but she didn't seem aware that this would bother anyone. The rest of the stay was quiet and uneventful. The hotel is located near major highways and George Mason / Patriot Center (minutes).
Other trip Jun 25, 2012
It was excellent in every way - clean, comfortable and friendly.
Other trip Jun 22, 2012
"Holiday Inn Express"
The hotel staff were very personable and the rooms were emaculate!
Other trip Jun 18, 2012

"5 Days in a row spent in this hotel"
they should change menu some time. It is the same breakfast every day.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Fairfax - Arlington Boulevard
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback and we have already begun to make changes. Thank you so much and we hope to see you soon! Madina Abdullah Breakfast Hostess
5 night trip Mar 20, 2015
Stefan
"Nice to Stay for family vacation"
Their breakfast is good with many types of food and room is clean with friendly service. But, the space of toilet is smaller. The wash basin is seperated from bathroom is weird. The water can not be stroed in the wash basin since the plug switch doesn't work well because it is stuck ( room 208). In summary, the CP of this hotel is very high. ,it is really good to have a stay over there especailly for family vacation vs. the cost .
5 night trip Jul 18, 2013
Hsu
"Awesome Experience"
The location was perfect. 5 minute drive from the Patriot Center, they even printed a map for how to get there for us as we didn't have a GPS at the time. Was in a really nice area of town. We will definitely be returning again, to check out more of the area since we were only here to see Mumford & Sons this time.
Other trip Feb 16, 2013
Jeremy

"그럭저럭"
가격 대비 만족스러운 편이었으나, 건물이 낡았고 객실에서 담배 피우는 사람 통제가 안되어 담배 냄새가 올라옴
Response by Holiday Inn Express Fairfax - Arlington Boulevard
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you for taking the time to share your experience. Paul Reyes General Manager
4 night family trip Jan 19, 2015
BYUNGCHAN
KR
The hotel is well maintained. The room is clean. The breakfast is so good. Half an hour drive to Washington Capital Hill. Worth for the price.
Trip with friends Jun 21, 2012