All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
1001 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL, 33139, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Reasonably priced nice hotel in South Beach"
Beautiful property with nice amenities only steps from South Beach. Nice happy hour and breakfast for guests. Nice restaurant on-site. Room was clean and comfortable despite being a bit small. Parking garage next store made it convenient to park. Should not advertise valet parking as it is not always available (and self-parking is less expensive).
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
Rich
"Lovely, quiet hotel close to beach."
I was treated very well by staff. Though I was there for only two nights, I had several interactions with the staff, both the morning and evening people at the desk. In all instances they were extremely courteous, solicitous and generous in offering assistance. I also spoke with the housekeeper. I told her I did not need the room cleaned, and she expressed concern that I need clean towels etc. She was very polite and helpful. The room was small, which I assume was because I was alone. My only complaint was that it seemed to be near the exhaust fan for the restaurant, so I heard that noise in the room. On the other hand, I most appreciate how quiet the hotel otherwise was. It is directly adjacent to another hotel (owned by the same company) which hosts one of the biggest party scenes on Ocean Drive. It was amazing that I could be directly next door to this dance and bar scene, and yet hear absolutely nothing of it. I was so grateful for the quiet. I slept really well, - and yet this party was right next door if you needed it.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Mimi
"Great central location and Deco vibe"
The Essex House is a great location if one wants to experience South Beach. We had some issues with our first room (no hot water), but guest services immediately found us another room, an upgrade, and moved us quickly. There are no refrigerators in the rooms, though there is a space for one in the furniture, and the hotel will bring one up to your room upon request (should be a standard item). Furniture and room design are two reasons I give only 3 stars for room comfort. There is a lack of furniture - no dressers or drawers for your clothes, though there is room. And very narrow shelves in bathroom. With tankless toilets there is nowhere to put a standard dop kit or overnight cosmetics bag comfortably. One last comment concerns noise. There are early risers and very late night revellers in South Beach and both kept us awake at various times.
7 night romance trip Dec 9, 2014
Kerry
"Very clean hotel close to everything."
Hotel staff is very polite. It's a great Art Deco Hotel with lots of history.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"Nice Location"
great location....great staff.......hotel decor needs major updating as well as the immediate neighborhood surroundings. It appears that other buildings are being renovated but the Essex House needs major interior upgrade. Otherwise very nice.
5 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
Gayle
"Hotel close to Ocean"
This is a older hotel that has a lot of character. If you like that type of place to stay then this is it.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
DC
Hotel staff is very welcoming, friendly and helpful. They made sure we were comfortable. The windows in the room dont open so it wouldn't allow for fresh air, and the pool had alot of leaves floating around. good location, and overall good experience.
Danielle
The Essex House provided a great relaxing retreat one block from the beach and the option to party at their sister property, The Clevelander, which is right next door. The staff was very friendly and accomodating.
Suzi
"Quiet in the middle of noise"
Very nice reception. We were upgraded without asking. Great valet service
joe
"Nice hotel close to restaurants and entertainment."
Staff was very accommodating and attentive to our needs. Even remembered our names. Wally C. was especially good.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
Chip & Debi
"South Beach"
Great location and free breakfast. Very nice personell.
7 night romance trip Nov 6, 2014
"Fun on the Beach"
Cool for c couple of for a girl's get awaw
1 night trip with friends Nov 9, 2014
Kordai
"Art Deco Modern"
We were in South Beach for a week and love this location…close to everything! The Hotel is very well maintained and exudes Art Deco personality. Being connected to The Clevelander also offers the juxtaposition of modernism.
5 night romance trip Nov 2, 2014
"Girls weekend at the Essex house"
Girls weekend away, this hotel was perfect! We were one block from the beach, next to one of the coolest ouside bars and with in walking distance of great places to eat and dance. Would totally stay here again. The hotel lobby is nicely decorated, has wonderful staff too. We were able to store our lugguage and change into our swim wear as we arrived around noon and check in wasn't till 3-4pm. The hotel also provides beach towels and small bottles of water at no extra charge. The pool area looked nice, but small. But who needed it with the beach right there! the morning breakfest was a mix of cerals, bagels, and other quick items to grab. We had a room with two beds. that were really comfy.
3 night trip with friends Oct 25, 2014
Erin
Excellent!!! I would stay there again with out hesitation .
3 night business trip Oct 14, 2014
"Cruisers"
My girlfriend and I stayed one night after coming back from a 3 day cruise. The service was amzing from the moment we walked in. We arrived a few hours early and were able to leave our luggage and hit the beach. Our room was ready an hour before I thought it would be. The room was spotless and the bed so comfy!!!! The bathroom was perfect. We were given beach towels and bottled water. Honestly we had the best hotel experinece here!!! We will return!
1 night trip with friends Oct 13, 2014
Bianca
"Nice hotel. Close to the beach"
Rooms were not huge unless you stay in a suite. They were big enough for two people though.(bathroom and a king size bed. The hotel staff is really nice. They have complimentary breakfast which was a bonus. They have half off appetizers and alcohol from 4 to 8 everyday. A nice pool which is not huge but very relaxing. You can use the Clevelander hotel right next to it which has an outside pool with 3 bars and live music with a dj all day and night. Overall the stay was great and the hotel was clean and affordable.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
"Don't miss this one!"
Excellent hotel. Friendly, accomodating staff in a very clean well-located hotel. Perfect stay!
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2014
donald
"Just right"
The hotel was located in close proximity to the beach and the strip. The staff was very nice and the hotel was clean. My room was just right except there were no dressers to put clothing in. Otherwise I was pleased with my stay
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
The staff at ESSEX Hotel where AWESOME! Very helpful with everything! Great location and the bed was nice and comfy. Anything we needed they bought too the room. From a ice bucket to more shampoo they where there!
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
"Solid hotel near Ocean Drive"
The hotel is very well-kept, clean, friendly service at the front desk. They have a nice and small happy hour special for hotel guests: free 4-piece sushi roll and one free glass of wine. The location is very good, close to the beach and Ocean Drive, and the hotel provides towels for the beach and pool. Our stay would have been great, except that the walls are paper thin, and we could hear everything that our neighbor was doing (EVERYTHING). The air conditioning is fine except that it blows right onto the bed and is very strong, so I ended up alternating between hot and uncomfortably cold. For the price we paid, I expected to get a little more sound-proofing privacy and more perks, but it is downtown Miami. There is also only valet parking or you can self-park in the structure next door and get a discounted rate if you show your hotel key card.
1 night romance trip Aug 12, 2014
"Decent hotel, very reasonably priced."
Overall a good hotel if you want a cheap place right on south beach. The facility itself is a little dingy, especially the reception area. For the money, not bad.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Rob
"Nice hotel - good location"
Close to the beach and decent shopping & restaurants within a few blocks.
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
Scarter
"AMAZING"
I stay at this hotel and this hotel only!! Very very clean, super staff, friendly staff!! Amazing Lemonade!! Lol!!! Rooms are clean, spacious! The best hotel for the price when you stay on South Beach!!
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Nikki B
We had a great time! The hotel was in a great area and away from most of the noise of Ocean Drive, yet close enough to join the party when needed.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"Excellent location!"
Besides from the water temperature in the shower my overall experience was GREAT! I would definitely come back and tell a friend. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Van
"Always and for ever amazing"
Its my all time fav to stay in the essex house when ever im in miami wonderful staff amazing hospitality
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
jay
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
Hotel staff very informative and helpful ...... excellent customer service
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Tay
"South Beach Gem"
The staff are friendly and very helpful. The art deco hotel is beautifully decorated and kept impeccable. The location is convenient walking distance to all of South Beach. Rate includes complimentary breakfast and happy hour. Both were superb. The room was clean and comfortable. Couldn't have asked for a better experience!
2 night trip Jul 15, 2014
Great hotel, great location and amazing service.
1 night romance trip Jul 1, 2014
"Great location to EVERYTHING!"
The staff was excellent and so friendly. This is a great location for Ocean Drive and the beach. The hotel was very clean, but the elevator was really old and noisy. The hotel was connected to the Clevander and that was really nice. Great atmosphere!
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Dr. G
"poor breakfast but friendly people"
Breakfast is very poor. No hot dishes at all. Just biscuits. the rooms are old. little furniture. no shelves in the wardrobe for clothes. no table But there are very friendly people at the reception
7 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"A classic on the tour itinerary"
The Essex House is a very classic hotel. The room was large an comfortable. The staff was very professional and helpful. We enjoyed the convenience of the daily continental breakfast. If we said it was perfect, you would not believe us, so here goes some constructive criticism. The offsite parking rules should have been explained a little more clearly, the rates were inconsistent with the check-in paperwork. While the closet in the room was huge and a walk in, there were no drawers in which to put our unpacked clothes. I found it strange that our room was not serviced because we did not place the "please service our room" sign outside the door. (The do not disturb sign was not there either.) But the housekeeping staff was very willing to provide whatever we needed. It may sound "picky", but please know I would highly recommend the hotel to friends without hesitation.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
"summer trip with friends"
The hotel is in a great location; the heart of south breath at 10th and Collins. Hotel it's self is up to date especially for the area and with the pool, in hotel bar and cleavlander next door there is a lot to do just in line of site. Over all without a deal on the room it could be a little pricey but with the friendly staff, great location and fair amenities I would choose them again
4 night trip with friends Jun 25, 2014
"The place to be in South Beach!"
From the moment I arrived ( by car from Tampa) I was treated like a princess. A bellman unloaded the car and the valet took it away. Check in was seamless and the staff was friendly. It is a quiet and elegant hotel. It is on the same property and under the same ownership as the Clevelander which is the place to be in South Beach. As guests of Essex House you are treated like royalty there as well. There is helpful staff every where wearing shirts that say "ON IT" and they are . If I hit the lotto I'm moving in!
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Gail
Location was great, staff was helpful, and they had complimentary breakfast.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
"Short stay in Miami"
We enjoyed staying at Essex. The hotel is centrally located. The staff is professional and friendly. They need to have the staff dust more in places you think guess dint look. ( behind the table in the king suite) I would stay again and refer to friends.
2 night business trip Jun 22, 2014
Tanya
This hotel is on the the Collins Ave side of SOBE. It is a sister property of the Cleveander and right next door so if you don't want all the noise and partying, but still get the benefits Essex House is the place. Very friendly and attentive staff as well.
3 night romance trip Jun 7, 2014
"Hotel is close to the beach"
I rated hotel 3 star because of bathroom was dated and uncomfortable otherwise i would rate as 4 star. Hotel stuff was very friendly,nice and helpful,friendliest hotel stuff I ever met. Hotel bed was very comfortable.free breakfast every morning. I loved hotel location,great area.
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
maddy
"Great location, close to beach & clubs"
Hotel staff were polite, informative, professional, and so much fun to talk to.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
"Awesome experience"
Outstanding staff and facilities. I will definitely stay here again.
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
"Perfect South Beach spot"
The hotel is right at 10th and Collins. The staff was wonderful. Room was clean and modern. I would definitely stay here again.
7 night trip May 31, 2014
"Amazing, modern and comforting hotel in s. beach"
Amazing and modern. Recently rennovated. Immediately upon arriving (2 hours before check in), we were NOT ONLY given a room, but upgraded to a suite (i assume they over booked). The room had everything you could want except a microwave. That is the only flaw i could think of. As far as food, we ate at the restaurant in the hotel 2 out of 3 nights. We tried every cocktail and almost every dish. EVERYTHING was incedible. The best cocktails i have ever had. Extremely creative food and well presented. Some of the nicest people in a hotel and restaurant that i have ever experienced. Small but beautiful pool area. Overall, amazing experience.
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
stephen
"Very close to beach! Nice location"
I loved this location, will stay there again. Staff very accomodating
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
skyye
"wonderful service!!"
Besides the $100 a night deposit hold where they had to withdrawn $500 on my debit card to hold during my stay which I was unaware of.. the overall stay was great! Great location great service complimentary bottled water beach towels and complimentary breakfast. People were very friendly and helpful!! I would definitely stay here again.
5 night trip with friends May 22, 2014
keisha
"Awesome first visit"
The room was nice. I asked for a double bed when I arrived and they honored my request. I will be coming back and staying at the Essex
Other trip May 30, 2014
Jazzy
"Nicely decorated with an excellent staff."
Have stayed in South Beach before but wanted to try a different hotel. Good value for money with its own restaurant and it is related to the Clevelander which is in front on Ocean Drive. Excellent friendly and helpful staff..
Other trip May 29, 2014
"It Was Not What I Expected"
First off, the parking is horrible. The hotel provides valet parking however the valet agent did not get our car, we had to park in the garage which the hotel told us it's only $35 for 24hrs, well we paid $60!! The inside looks run down, the walls are like an old apt in Brooklyn NY. There was a huge dead moth on our bed sheet and the bathroom is super small, no place to put anything. It's us definitely not worth the money. The only thing great about it is the location. Close to everything in walking distance and is a sister hotel to the Clevelander. The beach and ocean drive is right there.
1 night romance trip May 26, 2014
Nikki&Chris
"Great hotel in th heart of sobe"
If you want to stay right in the center of south beach but not in the craziness that is ocean ave this is a great hotel. Hotel staff were great and our room was very clean. Definitely will book this hotel again
Other trip May 13, 2014
fred
"Nice hotel,at a reasonable price, close to a lot"
We really enjoyed our stay. The hotel was very nice and the staff was great. We really liked the location of the hotel.
Other trip May 12, 2014