All hotels in Houston, Texas, United States of America
111 N Post Oak Ln, Houston, TX, 77024, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
    4.8
"Toilet ran on and off all night, otherwise great"
unfortunately the toilet kept running off and on all night so i didnt get much sleep...this is the only reason i gave it a low score on comfort. Would have otherwise been a nice room.
1 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
"great resort"
The facilities were wonderful. My kids loved the pools and the service poolside was outstanding. We were there during a holiday weekend, so our only complaint was about communicating the hours of various kid-friendly activities (i.e., indoor jungle gym, etc.)
2 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
"Just a little break"
We've stayed at this hotel multiple times and as before found it exceedingly exceptional in cleanliness, amenities, service, and staff members. Special thanks to Alex & Derrick in the hotel concierge lounge for their exceptional service & pleasant evenings! Thank you to Justin, Clarence & Mattie for keeping our kiddos safe while enjoying thier swim time. You 3 are truly remarkable sitting & keeping watch while enforcing some tough rules with utmost respect for everyone! Thank-you! The arbour Grill staff was also great catering to us pool side....made us feel as though we were on a tropical vacatioN without a care in the world! Much thanks Houstonian Staff.
3 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
"Somptuous"
We loved it, the staff just get a 4, because when we came in the receptionist was talking so fast I could not understand a word, but it is just a detail, the rest of the staff has been extremely friendly, and nice. We loved the place and hope to come back to enjoy all the facilities on a longer stay
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
"Spring break in houston"
Clean , queit, luxurious, nice setting / location.....very expensive. If u like Thai food u have Songkran which is a mile away!!
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
"Nice hotel in great area; staff could use training"
Beautiful hotel. Well decorated, pretty rooms, nice bedding. The front desk and the maid service was very good. The valet service was pretty unfriendly. I guess our vehicle was not "worthy" of valet service, no one even offered, so we ended-up self parking. They were falling all over themselves to park the fancier cars. People in trucks tip, too! That was odd. And the woman who ran the concierge desk on the 4th floor was extremely unfriendly. You have access to this floor if you've been upgraded. Nice perk! But she sized us up and didn't even bother to greet us. Other than that, nice hotel. Friendly waitresses, comfortable room.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Barb
"highly recommended"
great place to stay.. saw some wear and tear on the hotel.. but it is kinda old school hotel look anyway.. so it was fine.. smell of oil money all over..lol
1 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
"A great oasis in the middle of Houston, Texas!"
We always have a wonderful time when we stay at the Houstonian! A beautiful hotel, with beautiful grounds to stroll around.
2 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
MARGUERITE
"birthday present for my wife"
Staff could not have been nicer. Hotel and spa were beautiful. Our "go to" place for any occasion.
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
Cliff
Hotel was very clean and staff greeted you when you arrived. Personalized service. Would stay again!
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Worst experience"
I wanted an hotel on Galleria and I called this hotel and they guaranteed me it was on Galleria and when i got there it was a completely different location. I had done the reservation 2 hours ago and they didn't want to cancel. So I went and stayed in another hotel and they didn't refund my money. Worst experience.
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
Emmanuel E
JUST ONE NIGHT FOR A WEDDING BEAUTIFUL GROUNDS, SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THE FOOD AT THE RECEPTION WAS FANTASTIC. WOULD LIKE TO COME BACK FOR A GET A WAY.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Getaway"
Amazing
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
"One night business trip to Houston"
Classic, beautiful hotel in the perfect location for my meetings. Always delightful staff.
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
Carl
"Just what I expected"
The Hotel was nice and in a good location (close to Galleria and freeway). Beds were comfortable and loved the free parking. Professional and courteous staff. Would stay again.
1 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
the location is excellent, close to the city center & galleria but in its own gardens & adjacent the park giving it a wonderful serenity - the staff couldn't be more professional or helpful & no request was too menial - we'd made a mistake with our booking - booked the wrong day! - & the receptionist advised us to rebook through Expedia thereby saving ourselves a lot of money - what a girl - the quality of the hotel food was also excellent as again were the staff - knowledgeable & not overbearing - as you can tell we liked it a lot! - only faults - no complimentary bedroom slippers & no in room kettle - almost forgot the spa & sports center are second to none & are a most visit - we'll be going back & couldn't recommend the place more highly
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
Max
"great stay"
My wife and I really enjoyed the atmosphere. Very comfortable and relaxing hotel.
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
kevin
Brought my family with me anticipating a bad weather that they will have something to do,but they just stayed in the room because it was was raining all the time and there was no covered way to the club where the activities are. Around 10 am, a staff knocked on our door asking what time are we leaving? Seriously! We know what time is check out.
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
melvin
"Fantastic Hotel"
Awesome pool and health club. Very clean. Great staff. One of the nicest hotel experiences I've had.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
"Amazing"
This was our anniversary and it was amazing. The bed was so comfortable and the shower was heavenly. We will definitely be going back again.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
Nord
"Nice classy Hotel not to close to downtown houston"
Stayed two nights with my wife had dinner one night and breakfast last morning of our stay everything was outstanding, food, rooms and staff
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"WOW...... Best Hotel & Great Staff"
Best Hotel Experiance I have ever had. Staff went out of their way to make sure I was accommodated at every request, from the Doorman saying Welcome to the Houstonian with pride, to House Keeping greeting with a smile. Spa was perfect, fresh cantaloupe juice, fresh flowers, what a refreshing retreat, loved it and will be back
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Impressed
"Epic win!"
Very nice little getaway located within arms reach of everything. The room service was quick, kind, and accurate. The staff in general was definitely a step above in overall service. It's a win!
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
Christopher
"Awesome!!!"
The best !!!!
1 night trip Feb 27, 2015
"Great Stst-Houstonian"
I was in Houston for a medical appointment and to visit friends. As it happened, I had some ankle surgery prior that forced me to require extra assistance and a handicap room. The hotel staff was super helpful and accommodating. I could not have asked for a better place to stay during a time when I had to travel while having special needs. You don't realize how nAmy places result are not handicap accessible until you need help and the Houstonian is extremely accessable and the staff goes out of their way to help and make you feel comfortable.
3 night trip with friends Feb 17, 2015
Janet
Beautiful place to stay!! Would recommend this motel to business travelers or families.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"R&R at the Houstonion"
Very enjoyable and relaxing, food was exceptional! My wife and I lived in Houston for 10 years and recently moved to Canyon Lake; we regret not checking out this fabulous and awesome piece of paradise earlier! I would give this experience a rating of 10 and recommend this to all.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"A Hidden Gem Nestled In The Woods"
Every time we stay here it has been a pleasant stay. The whole hotel staff was very professional we received great service. The grounds has always been pleasant and the pools so relaxing. We will definitely always return here. The Redstone Companies has done a good job since they took over management of this hotel. Great Job Hotel Staff & Management! Sam & Kathy Olivares
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Samuel
The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very comfortable. The entire property was well maintained. I even really enjoyed the workout facility. I could have stayed at this hotel for a few more nights. It was honestly great. This was the second time I stayed at the Houstonian and if I go back to Houston I will be sure to stay there again.
2 night trip with friends Feb 6, 2015
"Very nice"
Great location,quit,nice ,awesome,romantic setting...
Derryl
"Retreat of Peace"
Every time we stay here, I wish I did not have to leave. Peaceful, luxurious, but not stuffy. The food (restaurants and room service ) outstanding as well as professional , courteous waitstaff. I love that it is in the middle of everything , but is "hidden"; a true private retreat of peace.
Jill
"AMAZING"
Wish I could have stayed longer to enjoy it.
1 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
mari
Seclusion right in the heart of Houston. Very convenient.
Giles
"Very nice resort type hotel"
Bathroom way to small. Other than that a great place.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Good not great"
Overall, the hotel was good not great. Our biggest problem was the plumbing in our room. Sink did not drain, shower pressure was terrible, and the hot water was intermittent. We were only there for one night so we did not find out about the shower woes until the next morning. Did not feel like putting up a fuss to get a new room/better shower. The hotel's saving grace was the workout facility. It was awesome.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Austin
"Dated"
We stayed there hoping they had a nice spa, the place is dated and small, very disappointed will not recommend this place. If you are looking to go to the spa and relax don't stay at the Houstonian. It took the valet guys 30 minutes to bring our car despite of us calling from the room 15 min in advance.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Alex
"Love it"
Can't wait to stay there again relaxing great gym
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
"Fabulous hotel, restaurant and fitness center!"
Fabulous! We stay here often and just love it each and every time!! The rooms are beautiful and the beds are super comfy! We love the restaurant and the fitness center is incredible!!!! EVERYONE is very friendly and helpful!! We can't wait to go back!
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
"Forest resort with bueno room service"
Went to Houston for a wedding and decided to check out this spa resort hotel. Nestled in what seems to be a forest enclave in the middle of busy Houston, the Houstonian was beautiful on the outside despite showing its age. Promptly checked in and was given apples + toothrbush / toothpaste (nice touch). Our room was located by the stairs but we were not disturbed. The room was cozy and was furnished eloquently... though it almost felt like I was at a rich grandmothers house (antique like furniture, but not gross). The bed was huge and comfy. The TV was big and clear. The bar fully stocked, and had a Keurig for coffee or tea (free; the coffee not the booze). We got room service and though it was a little pricey it was worth it! We only spent the night, but I scoped out the pool and trail and was impressed... which we could spend the whole day there leisurely... 4/5, would recommend if wealthy.
1 night romance trip Sep 20, 2014
Adam
"Stay at Houstonian"
Outstanding!
1 night trip Jan 9, 2015
"A great place for a weekend getaway."
The hotel was beautiful, the food was excellent. The staff was kind an courteous. We spent New Year's Eve there and we had a wonderful time.
2 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Rolando
"Best in Houston"
I can't imagine that there is a finer place to stay in Houston. Perfect in every way.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
"very romantic"
Romantic
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
Christopher
"Wonderful Experience"
Excellent location...hideaway in the middle of the city! Very tranqil and relaxing surroundings. The health club is phenomenal! I hope to try Trellis the Spa on my next visit...it looked AMAZING! I enjoyed the Centercourt Cafe..good food...good value...casual environment..I also dined at Olivette..the more formal restaurant at The Houstonian...also very good with attentive service. I wish the weather would have been better so I could have experienced the pool. Valet service was also very efficient. I am looking forward to another visit to The Houstonian! Only one minor drawback...you could hear quite a bit of hallway noise from your room but not a dealbreaker...so many more positive aspects to this hotel...also housekeeping service was very good!
2 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
Ramon
"A holiday stay at the Houstonian"
The hotel was gorgeously decorated for Christmas, we very much enjoyed that. The lobby area with the huge beautiful fireplace was so welcoming & nice. The service is wonderful! everyone is so helpful, friendly, capable, & polite. We liked it so much, we're going back again, in just a little over a month for 2 nights.
3 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
MARGUERITE
"getaway trip"
Excellent. A few issues with water pressure and connection to internet, but access to fitness club was great. My boys love playing at the indoor basketball court.
2 night trip Dec 26, 2014
Hotel wasn't what I was hoping for. Very old school bordering on stodggy. Room was fine and generally well kept. Parking was overpriced and parking garage was too tight for large SUVs. Restaurant service was very good. Overall, just didn't enjoy the "old" feel to this facility and general low level of energy...probably better for business but this was a family trip.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
It was an excellent stay. The room was quiet, big and very pretty. The one problem though, the bathroom smells like mold.
3 night romance trip Dec 21, 2014
"The Houstonian Tradition"
we have been staying at the Houstonian for 20 years now!!! it's the only place to stay in Houston for us, because it has the best fitness center and sport shop. The hotel restaurant "The Olivette" is awesome and the staff their has been the same since we started going there. And that says alot about the hotel management. During the Holidays the hotel looks especially beautiful inside the lobby!!
3 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
sonya
"Absolutely perfect"
I am a hard critic, and I cannot imagine a better hotel experience. If I could get the same "holiday" rate year round, I would stay at this hotel for every Houston business trip.
1 night business trip Dec 22, 2014