All hotels in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

"Surprised doggie treat bag was a wonderful touch"
Wonderful service. Enjoyed the dog treat bag ready for us when we checked in. Perfect location to shopping and eating.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review. We do enjoy it when guests bring their pets, they just make a hotel stay that much more like home. We look forward to welcoming you and your pet on your next visit and we will have another treat bag waiting for you.
1 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
Brandy
Nice looking hotel from the outside. Front was nice and rooms where nice and looked updated just the hallways looked old and wore down. Front desk personal were very nice and bartender was nice and friendly
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
I am please to hear our front desk and bar staff met your expectations. The brick hallways are designed to limit the number of visible scuff marks from carts and luggage and also reduce the amount of noise in the hotel to deliver a quiet stay. I will pass along your comments to our front desk and food & beverage staff. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
1 night trip Feb 4, 2015
"Great pet-friendly hotel"
Great hotel, wonderful if you are travelling with pets. They put us in a 1st floor room close to the side door for easy access to the outdoors. When we arrived, there was a large gift basket of goodies for the dog which was a nice surprise. It was quiet, clean, convenient and comfortable. Definitely going to stay there again.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
It gives me great pleasure to read your positive review of our hotel. Our staff and management strive to exceed customer's expectations on every stay. Thank you for your encouragement and I am happy to share your comments with our staff. We look forward to welcoming you and your pet back on your next visit.
3 night romance trip Jan 19, 2015
"Hotel review"
Rooms were very clean, location for us was great
1 night family trip Oct 8, 2014
ray
Staff was great! Facility was ok. We had a issue with sewer back up and just got moved to another room. I feel as tho we should have got a bit of.a refund or something
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
"Very nice hotel."
I had a wonderful stay at the Executive Royal Hotel. The bed was very comfortable. The room had a nice décor. My pillows were nice and fluffy. Loved the quilt on the bed. The staff at the lounge were very friendly. If you get a chance you should check out the Sunday Brunch. It was delicious. My whole family came for the brunch. They totally enjoyed it as well. Next time I'm in town I will definitely stay there again. I highly recommend this hotel. Donna, Happy Customer
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
Was clean and quiet. Have a number of breakfast places close enough to walk to (i.e. McDonalds and Dennys) to name a couple. Hotel staff was polite and efficient.
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
Very modernly update of a vintage hotel: cinder block hallway walls but nice interiors. Clean, comfortable rooms, and loved the nice touch of makeup remover cloths. Free wifi, free parking, lots of restaurants in the vicinity. I didn't eat at the hotel restaurant, but they don't open very early for breakfast (I left at 6:45 and it was still dark). A little slow on the check-in/out process.
2 night business trip May 7, 2014
"very satisfied!!!!"
Staff were great....rooms very comfortable and quite!
1 night business trip Jan 30, 2014
Niel
"Three times not a Charm"
Our first time "we" stayed it cost us $100 and a $10 dog fee and taxes--"we" were very happy The second time it cost us $129 and a $10 dog fee and taxes--third time cost us $139 and a $25 dog fee and taxes! The first and second time we were given a doggie basket--third time they had none. All 3 times the room was freezing and the fridges never kept drinks cold. Will not stay here again and if you do good luck--If you book through hotels.com the 10% won't be honoured at check out time either if you have a promo code
1 night trip Oct 18, 2013
Kelly Ann
"Good overall, exceeded what I expected"
Just updated, and everything looks good and clean. The only complain might the AC that it is old and loud.
2 night trip Aug 31, 2013
"Love this hotel"
Beds very comfortable. Room quiet. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Close to shopping. Will stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2013
It was a pretty good place to stay! Other then the fact they brought us a broken playpen then "forgot" to bring a new one!
2 night business trip Jul 26, 2013
"Convenient Location."
I arrived in Edmonton very late and was glad to get a room close (literally right across the highway!) to the airport. It was convenient to be able to take the shuttle back to the airport the next morning to pick up a car rental.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
Zak
Will stay again for sure
1 night business trip Apr 13, 2013
"Constructive Review"
Very Enjoyable overall. Bathroom could use a good caulking and TV was only 37", in poor viewing location and very small for the size of the King room; we watched my laptop on the bed instead. Very Clean. Comfortable, spacious. Located right near main traffic veins. Don;t get confused by the one way streets ;)
1 night romance trip Mar 8, 2013
Jake
"Best place to stay !"
Absoulutely loved my six night stay at this hotel. Everything I needed was within a two mile radius. The West Edmonton Mall, Walmart, amazing restaurants and Denny's across the street. The food at the hotel was very good and we enjoyed room service many times. Best trip to Edmonton yet !
4 night trip Dec 1, 2012
Judy
"Good Hotel needs security for loud peuple"
Was very loud people staying and staff said nothing they can do.
Other trip Oct 15, 2012
"It's going to be beautiful after renovations!"
Not sure what to expect and was very surprised. Called the front desk and in a matter of minutes there was a knock on my door. Would stay there again.
Family trip Sep 29, 2012
Tammy G.
"Edmonton for the business traveler"
One the best Hotels for the price, everyone else seems to have gotten their prices unreasonably high for what they offer. Good location for me on the west end.
Other trip Sep 21, 2012
Jerry
"Clean hotel in Edmonton"
I'd booked this hotel quite last minute, so my expectations were not sky high. On the whole, the best memories I have are the nice room, and the cleanliness within. Improvements can be done to front desk staff friendliness, and to make the nearest elevator work or at least place a sign to say that it's under repair. I'd waited in vain for 10mins before realising that it was non operational.
Other trip Sep 1, 2012

"Satisfied with price and comfort of stay!"
Staff is top notch, parking everywhere! Bar staff amazing! will stay again when in edmonton, rooms could be confused with a major chain. Really comfy rooms.
1 night business trip Jul 24, 2015
jeff
Room was lean quite and fairly comfortable but A/C didn't cool very well and tub tap dripped unless turned off really tight
3 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
Terry
"One night stay for work trip"
Stayed before, the small lounge has vlts and is an open concept bar, like in an airport. The bar staff should be given raises they worked there butts off. Will stay becuase of the friendly desk and lounge staff. If ur in town for business, great location for mall excursions and restaurants within 4-8 min drive.
1 night business trip Jul 23, 2015
I found the overall stay a good experience. I did not like one of the mattresses in our room and the breakfast in the restaurant was not very good.
2 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
"Upset kids"
Stay was good but disappointed that pool and hot tub was closed
3 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
"Nice & convenient"
Perfect for a little getaway to shop at west Ed mall. Stayed with my 12 year old daughter. Beds were comfy, air con worked, and the staff were nice. It was a good price and the location was convenient for proximity to the mall and restaurants. It's not super fancy but very nice anyway. I'd recommend it to friends
1 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
Cindy
Rooms were ok but our A\C didn't work so it wasn't terribly comfortable. But, would stay again.
1 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
Derek
Great location for shopping at West Ed
2 night family trip May 16, 2015
"Very nice!"
Very nice! I would defantly stay again :)
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
melissa
"My Stay"
It was great
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review. We look forward to extending our warm hospitality to you on your next visit.
1 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Roy
The bed wasn't hard at all, I prefer a hard bed; other than that, this was a quiet location
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review. We value all feedback to improve our product and service. We hope to see you back on your next visit.
1 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
ANEESH
"No problems No issues nice quite stay"
Check in was quick. Check out was quick. Room was clean. Stay was peacefully. Great restaurants near by.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review. All guest feedback is appreciated and we are happy your experience was a positive one. We hope to see you back on your next visit to Edmonton.
2 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
Jatinder
"Perfect"
Great
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review. Looking forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
1 night trip with friends May 16, 2015
Pauline
Just 1 day. Good for the price.
1 night business trip Jun 16, 2015
Daniela
"Excellent hotel"
Always have a wonderful stay there.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
2 night business trip Jun 4, 2015
"A poorly maintained hotel"
Room interiors dated. Room lacked cleanliness. The carpet in the long hallway to the room seemed soiled in places. The shower tap was so jammed that I had to call hotel staff to make it operational. Black bed spreads were totally out of place and depressing. Airconditioner old and noisy. Television picture quality very poor.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for posting a review of the hotel. We take all comments seriously and share the information with our staff for training purposes to improve our overall services. I will be sharing your comments with our housekeeping and maintenance staff to ensure the areas you mentioned are properly attended to. We hope to have the privilege of serving you again in the future.
2 night family trip May 16, 2015
Reuben
"Close to mall"
It was a little hard to find but it was close to the West Edmonton Mall. Which was nice so it wasn't a bunch of driving and getting lost.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for posting a review of the hotel. I am glad you found the hotel's location convenient to your needs. We are located adjacent to a one-way street so once you are familiar with the area we are quite easy to find. We look forward to extending our warm hospitality to you on your next visit.
2 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
"enjoyed our stay"
Good place to stay. Close to the west edmonton mall and lots of restaurants. Really enjoyed our stay.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for posting your comments about our hotel. Our staff will be delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
Ladelle
"Hockey trip"
Other than some pet odor the hotel was clean and hotel staff were quick to fix a problem with the bathroom
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and will bring your comments to our housekeeping staff for training purposes. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
4 night family trip Apr 1, 2015
james
"working stayover"
Enjoyed the stay, but have enjoyed equivalent stays at competing hotels for less money that offered complimentary breakfast.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your positive review of the hotel. Our rates are competitive with other hotels with similar services and amenities. I will pass along your comments to our marketing team for consideration. We hope to see you again in the future.
2 night business trip Apr 20, 2015
"Easy areas to work on"
Met at the front desk with an adgitated customer. I requested a different floor from her as this was not offered by your staff. She was so angry, security was called in. I should not have been put in this position.Twice in my stay, I was exposed to this lady's anger. No safe area. My personal concern was that room windows did not open and offer fresh air circulation. Rooms, hall and general area offers stale air and no circulation. This was agreed on by staff of the hotel. Please change. I will not stay in a location that I am unable to have fresh air circulated. A basic need.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review of the hotel. I can appreciate your concerns regarding the other guest. We try to serve all guests in a courteous and friendly manner and at times can be challenging. In response to your comment about the windows, kindly ask the front desk to be placed on our 'club wing" where we have windows that open. We will make every attempt to ensure your room meets all of your needs. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future.
1 night family trip Apr 21, 2015
alexandra
Room was dirty, hair in the shower, tiles in the bathroom were almost black they had not been scrubbed in so long.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your comments. It is clear we did not meet your expectations on this stay and I can assure you this is not up to our usual standard. I will share your comments with our housekeeping staff for training purposes to ensure this is not repeated. We encourage all guests to bring any issues to our attention while you are at the hotel so we can rectify the situation in a timely manner. We hope to have another opportunity serve you and exceed your expectations.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
"Awesome stay"
Stay was good room was well kept
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your 5 star review! we strive for excellence in customer service and I am delighted to be able to share your experience with our staff. We are continually making improvements and upgrades to enhance your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
1 night business trip Apr 17, 2015
R. Wade
"Poor service in restaurant and pub"
The situation was adequate over all but the poor service in the pub and for the food made it unpleasantg.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your comments. While I am pleased you found the hotel adequate, we strive for excellence. I will pass along your comments to our lounge staff for training purposes. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you in the future and exceed your expectations.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Fine. Close to WEM. Baseboards were hanging off due to water damage in wall.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for posting a review of the hotel. I am pleased to hear you found our location convenient to your shopping needs. If you notice an issue that has been overlooked, please bring it to the attention of the front desk so they can dispatch our maintenance team to correct the matter in a timely manner. We use all guest feedback to constantly improve our product and service. We hope to see you on your next visit.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
Rod
"Disorganized -"
Had two rooms booked, one was ready, the other was going to be available in 30 min, asked them to call us to advise us when it was ready, two hours later we called the front desk had no idea we were waiting on a room didn't have one available but then offered a King upgrade, at no extra charge. I am sure the other people travelling with us appreciated the upgrade but why didn't they just tell us at check in they didn't have a second room for us and do the upgrade then?
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your comments. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at check in. I will be passing your comments along to our front desk and housekeeping staff for training and follow up purposes. We hope to see you again on your next visit.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
Dee-Anna
"Good hotel, no real complaints"
Clean hotel, laminate floors which were nice. An easy 15 min walk to West Edmonton Mall. Only complaint is that when you book through Expedia you tend to get rooms that are in an inconvenient location or are noisey. Ex, our room was right beside an outside entrance so we heard the door slamming shut into the late hours of the night.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review of the hotel. We have had several positive comments regarding the laminate floors. The rooms are much easier to keep clean and maintained. We are always willing to try and accommodate special requests for room placement if we know in advance of your arrival. We hope to see you back on your next visit.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Stacy
"Great location, easy access to main street"
Enjoyed the Sunday brunch and check out was easy, so was check in
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our front desk staff try to serve all guests in an efficient manner. I will pass along your positive comments regarding our Sunday Brunch to our food and beverage staff. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"cheap and cheerful, but geting tired"
this is an old property, and the bed was soft and worn in. the fixtures in the room were tired. the bathroom was updated so that was nice.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that our staff greeted you in a cheerful manner and you found the price affordable. We have made several improvements in the hotel including new laminate floors, new carpet in public areas and we are replacing mattresses on an ongoing basis. We hope to be of service to you again in the future.
1 night family trip Mar 20, 2015