All hotels in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

• Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Quite clean
    Bad pool

"Falling apart and dirty"
When we checked in and headed to our room the hallways were dirty, floors not vacuumed and stained. We got to our room to find white stains on the chair, stains on the bedding and a brownie in the light shade! I was with 3 teenagers (2 boys &1 girl) and all of them said we do not want to say here it is gross. I went down right away and they didn't want me getting into details about the dirtiness but switched me rooms right away. The second room was better but when we came back from shopping the carpet was soaking wet, a manager came looked at it and said we could move you but would be easier if I gave you towels, I agreed to the towels only because I was tired and I knew we only had 1 night here. We had to be up at 6am and it was already 10pm. Little did I know that the air conditioner was dripping a lot and would keep us up all night. The next morning at 7am when I checked out I brought it up to the girl, I said just so you are aware this thing was leaking all night and I am more worried about the fire hazard as it is leaking on electrical wires. I was then informed that because I booked through Expedia she couldn't give me a discount....I never asked for a discount!? I now was more appalled that the room could catch on fire and they didn't seem to be worried about it. A different manager then said to me ( obvious he overheard) that I was encouraged to switch rooms but refused! Nope no refusal just didn't think I should risk another DIRTY room! I will never stay here again!
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review of the hotel. It is clear in your comments that we failed to meet your expectations on your recent visit. Your comments will be shared with our housekeeping and maintenance staff for training and follow up purposes. We hope to have another opportunity to show you a better experience.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
"Awesome as always"
Nothing but hospitality
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your kind review of the hotel. Our staff strive to provide a warm and hospitable stay to all of our guests. I am pleased you enjoy the hotel and the services we provide. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Edmonton.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2015
Terrance
"Very close to West Edmonton"
very close to west Edmonton mall easy access to 178 st, 100 ave, Anthony Hendry drive,stony plain rd. easy checl in thanks to expedia.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your kind review of the hotel. Our hot tub area is permanently closed as we are expanding our fitness area in the near future. Be on the lookout for this exciting upgrade. I agree our location is very convenient to all of the locations you mentioned. Check out our Jacuzzi rooms on your next visit to Edmonton for an exclusive hot tub experience.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Barry
"Affordable hotel close to all the main attractions"
Me and my husband stay at the executive every time we travel to Edmonton, its not downtown and easy to access with great parking. Its minutes and away from Windermere, west end and downtown and is the perfect area to unwind. It also always us to bring our dogs and they actually have a present for the dogs when they stay and my fur baby's are family to me so small touches like that mean the world to me.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your kind review of the hotel. We do love pets and our pet friendly rooms are designed to meet all of your and your pets needs. As you mentioned our location is well situated for easy access to many services in Edmonton. We appreciate your repeat patronage and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Edmonton.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
monique
"Ok hotel. Stayed for business."
I stayed overnight for business. Staff are very nice and helpful. However, I wish the rooms were a little more updated. The wall plug cover was falling off, the desk lamp had a short so it flickered, lack of plug-ins to power devices. I'll probably stay here again, but make sure I bring a power strip.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review of the hotel. As a business traveler we understand that you need things to be in proper working order. Our Executive club wing is our preferred section for business travelers. When something isn't working properly, let us know so it can be corrected in a timely manner. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Edmonton.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
Darren
Good value for price. Staff wasn't overly exuberant
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for posting a review of the hotel. All customer feedback is appreciated for training and follow up purposes. Your comments show where we are doing well and where we can improve. I will be passing your comments along to our management team to share with our staff. There is a room waiting for you on your next visit to Edmonton.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
"one nighter"
Brief stopover, good location, small exercise room but did the trick.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review of the hotel. We will be expanding the fitness room in the near future to make the space more useful for our guests. Be on the lookout for this exciting upgrade to the area. I agree our location is convenient for shopping, dining and other services in west Edmonton. We are minutes away from almost anything you need. We hope to see you back on your next visit to Edmonton.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2015
jason
"Clean the hallways!"
The hallways were really dirty, very stuffy and stale smelling which was a very bad first impression. It made me question the cleanliness of the whole place. Room was very clean though, and had really comfortable beds. It's also a great location if wanting to go to West Edmonton Mall.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review of the hotel. High traffic areas are challenging especially during busy periods in the hotel. Our staff do their best to keep all public areas clean and I will be sharing your comments with our housekeeping staff for training and follow up. we hope to have another opportunity to serve you again in the future where we can exceed your expectations.
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Was good. Nothing too special, but decent hotel.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel. We are pleased that you found the hotel was suitable for your needs. We are striving to not only meet, but exceed customer expectations and feedback from our guests help us to know what we are doing right and where we can improve. We hope to see you on your next visit to Edmonton.
1 night trip with friends Jul 21, 2015
"Note properly cleaned"
previous guest's food and drinks left in the fridge. ice bucket had no plastic liner.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for posting a review of the hotel. I will be passing your comments along to our housekeeping staff for training and follow up, this is not our regular standard and I apologize for this. We hope you come back on your next visit to Edmonton where we can exceed your expectations.
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
"Dirty Linnens"
The hotel itself was beautiful. The cleaning service was absolutely horrible. When we checked in we went up to our room which the cleaning staff said was ready, however when we got up there the room hadn't been touched and was still littered with garbage from the previous guests. Back down to the front desk we go, we get another room go back up to the third floor only to discover our room keys weren't activated, back downstairs we go. Finally we got settled into our room and headed out for a full day at the west Edmonton mall. When we returned we were exhausted and went right to bed. It wasn't until the next morning that we discovered blood stains on the bedding for both beds and a very large nasty yellow stain on one. It was bad enough to know that i slept in a dirty bed but to know my daughter had to as well really disgusted me. When I told the lady at the the desk she didn't seem to care at all. I then told another lady at the front desk and she was extremely helpful.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for posting a review of the hotel. First, I wish to apologize for issues you experienced with your room. This is not the normal standard of quality we intend to provide. I will be passing your comments onto our housekeeping and front desk staff for training and follow up for the future. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you again in the future and to exceed your expectations.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Sadie
"Satisfied with price and comfort of stay!"
Staff is top notch, parking everywhere! Bar staff amazing! will stay again when in edmonton, rooms could be confused with a major chain. Really comfy rooms.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review of the hotel. We certainly appreciate that you recognized the extras that are often overlooked or taken for granted. Not too many hotels offer free parking anymore and as you said, we have plenty of it. I'll pass along your comments to our bar staff and we look forward to your next visit to Edmonton.
1 night business trip Jul 24, 2015
jeff
Room was lean quite and fairly comfortable but A/C didn't cool very well and tub tap dripped unless turned off really tight
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am pleased to hear that you found the room comfortable. Our maintenance staff is available when the A/C or taps are not working properly and are only a phone call to the desk away. We look forward to seeing you back on your next visit to Edmonton.
3 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
Terry
Hotel is clean and cozy room. But feels like its an institution while walking towards your room. Bed is comfortable but pillows are not.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for posting a review of the hotel. We do try to make the hotel feel cozy and appreciate that you recognized that. The cinder block hallways are designed to help keep the walls clean as they are resistant to scuff marks and scratches. Ask the front desk for a different pillow if the one you have is not to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Edmonton.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Maria
"One night stay for work trip"
Stayed before, the small lounge has vlts and is an open concept bar, like in an airport. The bar staff should be given raises they worked there butts off. Will stay becuase of the friendly desk and lounge staff. If ur in town for business, great location for mall excursions and restaurants within 4-8 min drive.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your positive review. We are pleased to hear that our staff make a difference and have an impact on your choice of hotel. I agree our location is very convenient for shopping and dining and we are located just minutes from The Anthony Henday ring road if you need to get to a further destination in Edmonton quickly. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
1 night business trip Jul 23, 2015
I found the overall stay a good experience. I did not like one of the mattresses in our room and the breakfast in the restaurant was not very good.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I will be passing your comments along to our management team for consideration and review. We are pleased to hear your overall experience was a good one and we hope to see you back on your next visit to Edmonton.
2 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
"Dirty"
Room was dirty, smelled like smoke and front end staff not friendly
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
I'm sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I'll be sharing your experience with our staff and management for training and follow up to ensure no one else has a similar experience. Thank you for taking the time to post a review and hope you stay with us again.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
"Upset kids"
Stay was good but disappointed that pool and hot tub was closed
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review. Our hot tubs are permanently closed as we will be expanding our fitness centre in the near future; be on the lookout for this exciting upgrade to our facilities. There are swimming options located near the hotel that we will gladly recommend on your next visit. See you then.
3 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
"Nice hotel and close to the mall"
Nice hotel to stay. Close to the mall. Clean and tidy.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
It is certainly pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the location convenient for your needs. Thank you for taking the time to post a review and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
"Clean, nice rooms. Bed saggy"
Nice location. Clean and spacious room. The bed was too soft and saggy.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you found the room and hotel location met your needs. I will pass along your comments on the bedding to our Management team. We look forward to your return visit.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
"Nice & convenient"
Perfect for a little getaway to shop at west Ed mall. Stayed with my 12 year old daughter. Beds were comfy, air con worked, and the staff were nice. It was a good price and the location was convenient for proximity to the mall and restaurants. It's not super fancy but very nice anyway. I'd recommend it to friends
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are very pleased the hotel met your expectations. I'll share your comments with our staff. Our location is very convenient for shopping and dining in West Edmonton. We hope to see you again in the near future.
1 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
Cindy
"Nice and clean hotel close to west ed mall"
Everything was good...no issues...loved the location because close to mall and gas station with pizza Hut and tims and mcdonald's and KFC across the street. Only thing was if there was a bathroom fan working didn't work good enough. There 3asnt a separate switch for one but there was a fan on the ceiling of bathroom so I'm assuming works with light switch but not good enough and air conditioning not that cool but still did the trick. Left it on while we were out and eventually cooled off the room when we returned. Overall I would recommend and I would stay here again. Didn't get the chance to eat in the restaurant or visit lounge because I was with my kids but looked very appealing.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review. Our location is very convenient for many dining and shopping options in west Edmonton. Please bring issues to the attention of the hotel when they occur so we can correct them in a timely manner. we look forward to your return visit.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
Rooms were ok but our A\C didn't work so it wasn't terribly comfortable. But, would stay again.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback as it helps improve our service. When something is in need of repair, please let us know so we can deal with the issue in a timely manner. we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Edmonton.
1 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
Derek
Great location for shopping at West Ed
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review. Not only are we located close to W.E.M, but there are several other shopping options nearby. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
2 night family trip May 16, 2015
"Very nice!"
Very nice! I would defantly stay again :)
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for posting a 5 star review. We are so pleased we exceeded your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
melissa
"Excellent. Highly recommended!"
Second stay at this hotel. Staff is very friendly, rooms are in excellent condition and clean. Bed and pillows are perfect in my opinion. Great price with a great location.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your very positive review. I'm happy to be able to share your experience with our staff. We look forward to extending our warm hospitality to you on you next visit to Edmonton.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"Convenient"
No thank you I don't want to I am done this is stupid
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for posting a 4 star rating. We are certainly pleased you found the hotel convenient to your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Edmonton.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"My Stay"
It was great
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review. We look forward to extending our warm hospitality to you on your next visit.
1 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Roy
"Great staff"
Staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. Rooms were clean and comfortable, and very quiet too, considering I was on the ground floor.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your very positive review. We welcome all guest feedback and certainly appreciate it when we have exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back and extending our warm hospitality to you on your next visit.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
Julian
"Horrible stay-rude manager-dirty unclean room"
Horrible stay-rude manager-dirty unclean room. Website said there were whirlpool tubs. They were removed From the hotel but not from their website. Do not stay at this dive!!
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
T
The bed wasn't hard at all, I prefer a hard bed; other than that, this was a quiet location
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review. We value all feedback to improve our product and service. We hope to see you back on your next visit.
1 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
ANEESH
"No problems No issues nice quite stay"
Check in was quick. Check out was quick. Room was clean. Stay was peacefully. Great restaurants near by.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review. All guest feedback is appreciated and we are happy your experience was a positive one. We hope to see you back on your next visit to Edmonton.
2 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
Jatinder
"Nice hotel because of its location"
We have stayed at this hotel many times because of it's location, and find that it is always comfortable and clean.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review and appreciate your patronage. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
"Perfect"
Great
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review. Looking forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
1 night trip with friends May 16, 2015
Pauline
Just 1 day. Good for the price.
1 night business trip Jun 16, 2015
Daniela
"It was wonderful"
Very nice I love it close to west edmonton mall and easy to go anywhere from the hotel.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your positive review of the hotel. Our location is very convenient to West Edmonton Mall, restaurants and shopping. Anthony Henday Drive is a short distance from the Hotel and virtually opens up access to the entire city. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
Denis Enekwechi
Our stay was good, the halways were a bit dark, no other facilities i.e. fitness, pool, sauna, etc. however the staff was very pleasent, and the room was large, and quite clean.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your comments. Our hallways lights are on timers and occasionally the hallway may be darker than normal. They operate on sensors and will light up as you make your way down the hallway. We are renovating our fitness center very soon and will have some exciting improvements for you to enjoy. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
"Great location easy access to shopping and travel."
Other than the fire alarm - good. Room was not cleaned first day but that was not unsurmountable.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your comments. I'll share your review with our housekeeping staff for training and follow up purposes. We value all feedback to improve our service and product. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
fellow travelle
Diasappointing for the cost...the room furniture was beat up along with the walls.. the room needs painting really bad and the furniture could stand to be replaced. The room service was terrible - the panini sandwich was burnt - saving grace was I contacted room service to return the meal and I was reimbursed me for the cost of the meal.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review. I will be sharing your comments with our maintenance staff for follow up. We have made several improvements to our guestrooms recently and invite you to see them. Should anything not be adequate, please let us know so we can correct it in a timely manner.
Other trip Jun 13, 2015
"Very pleased with the rooms we rented!"
Very nice rooms, friendly staff...would definitely stay there again in a heartbeat!
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for posting a review of the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Kristyn
"Needs updating"
Hotel could use some updating as in the rooms. Hallways have rough textures block walls and the hallways could be brighter. I travel alone. The door would stick when I tried to open and would have to put my bags down and use both hands. There was no microwave in room. But there was a fridge. I wish hotels would out a bottle of water in each room daily as well as real creamers for your coffee. No outlets for charging laptop at the desk. And I had the temperature at the coolest setting and it was still hot at night.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your comments. We use all feedback to improve our product and service. I'll share your comments with our staff for follow up and training. Coffee creamers are available from room service. Stocking them in every room would lead to spoilage. We do have microwaves in the hotel and can be requested by contacting the front desk. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back for a future visit.
"Excellent hotel"
Always have a wonderful stay there.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
2 night business trip Jun 4, 2015
was ok... was some issues with noise in hallway and some kid pulled the fire alarm
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review. I empathize with you about the fire alarm. The system is in place for everyone's safety and it is used for anything other than it's intended purpose, it becomes an inconvenience to everyone. We hope to be your host on your next visit to Edmonton.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
c
"older hotel with new renos"
it was a lot better than we expected. we went up to Edmonton to watch the 1st two matches in the 2015 Fifa WWC. the hotel itself is a bit old, but they have done a pretty good job at the reno. the important stuff, like the bed, pillow etc are new, and pretty comfy. the sofa, love seat, and the carpet do seem old, and not the cleanest. the bathroom does not have a fan though, so after taking a shower, and certain "business" can be a bit... stuffy. but overall, i would recommend this hotel to everyone.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your excellent review of the hotel. We strive to exceed customer's expectations. All guest feedback is important in order to continually improve our product and service. I will pass along your constructive comments to our team for review. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Edmonton.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Nick
"Nice hotel close to the west edmonton mall"
The hotel is perfectly located...it's located in all the restaurants area, all the malls and the bis west edmonton mall! Staff is really nice and attentive! The rooms are nice and they have free parking lot For the guests. The only thing uncomfortable....the pillows...they are too high and fluffy...unless you like them that way! Is not...everything is perfect
Other trip May 24, 2015
Piedad
Perfect for a night or 2...close to west edmonton malll....
Other trip May 22, 2015
dr. love
"A poorly maintained hotel"
Room interiors dated. Room lacked cleanliness. The carpet in the long hallway to the room seemed soiled in places. The shower tap was so jammed that I had to call hotel staff to make it operational. Black bed spreads were totally out of place and depressing. Airconditioner old and noisy. Television picture quality very poor.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for posting a review of the hotel. We take all comments seriously and share the information with our staff for training purposes to improve our overall services. I will be sharing your comments with our housekeeping and maintenance staff to ensure the areas you mentioned are properly attended to. We hope to have the privilege of serving you again in the future.
2 night family trip May 16, 2015
Reuben
"I am always treated well"
When I pass through Edmonton on my way north to camp I usually stay a the Executive Royal. The staff is extremely helpful with any questions I have regarding the city. Gail, a bartender in the pub, always remembers my name. The rooms are clean and well tended. Very close the West Edmonton Mall as well!
Other trip May 20, 2015
"Close to mall"
It was a little hard to find but it was close to the West Edmonton Mall. Which was nice so it wasn't a bunch of driving and getting lost.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for posting a review of the hotel. I am glad you found the hotel's location convenient to your needs. We are located adjacent to a one-way street so once you are familiar with the area we are quite easy to find. We look forward to extending our warm hospitality to you on your next visit.
2 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
"Wonderful Stay!"
This is our second time staying at an Executive Royal hotel - the first time was in Calgary last year. For the 2nd time I was completely happy with our hotel choice. The staff was super friendly, the hotel was quiet, and the rooms were very clean. The first night i went to use the vending machine and it ate my money, but the front desk reimbursed me. We ate breakfast at Steel's the one morning and our server was great! Very friendly! Will definitely use this hotel again in the future.
Other trip May 19, 2015