All hotels in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
10010 178 St NwEdmontonABT5S1T3Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

Quite clean
    Room is all right
    Bad pool
Weekend getaway to the city. Hotel is in a great location, minutes away from the West Ed and Mayfield. Had fantastic service in a lounge, staff was friendly, hotel is recently updated and modern.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your kind review of the hotel. I agree our location is very convenient for many of the shopping opportunities in West Edmonton and you are very keen to notice the updates we have recently made. Our fitness center is getting a facelift in the near future and will be expended to provide a more open atmosphere. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Edmonton.
2 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
Samantha
It was good
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for posting a 4 star rating for the hotel. I am pleased that the hotel and our services met your expectations. We look forward to extending our warm hospitality to you on your next visit to Edmonton.
1 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2015
Jody
Only thing missing was a pool. Didn't know that or likely would not have chosen to stay there. It was a little noisy but we WERE by the elevator and ice machine so that may be why.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review of the hotel. Although we don't have a pool, there are some swimming opportunities close to the hotel such as a YMCA within 10 minutes of the hotel. Our fitness center is getting an upgrade in the near future as well. Our staff can assign you a room away from the elevator and ice machines to provide a more quiet experience. We hope to see you back on your next visit to Edmonton.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
"Great hotel, great location"
My boyfriend and I made the trip the Edmonton to enjoy the mall and the waterpark. Expectations were exceeded with this hotel. The price was right and the location was good....short drive to WEM and other stores/restaurants. We were surprised when we walked to our room that we were in the "Executive Wing." Beautiful, renovated room and a large bathroom. Definitely will be staying here on our next trip.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your kind review of the hotel. I am pleased to hear that your expectations were exceed on your recent visit. You pointed out some of the secrets not everyone knows about our hotel. We look forward to extending a warm welcome to you when you visit Edmonton again in the future.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
hannah
"Last Minute Booking"
We were too tired to drive home on this date. Booked last minute - service was great upon check in. Staff were friendly and kind. Will stay here again.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for posting a 5 star rating for the hotel. I am pleased that the hotel and our services met your expectations. I will be sharing your comments with our staff. We appreciate your kind remarks. We look forward to extending our warm hospitality to you on your next visit to Edmonton.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
Worse than expected. I have been in worse looking Hotels with better insides and also cheaper. I doubt they will see me there again.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel. Based on your comments we clearly did not meet your expectations on your recent visit and I apologize for that. I will be sharing your comments with our housekeeping and maintenance staff to ensure no other guest has a similar experience. All feedback is appreciated as it lets us know where improvements are needed. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
Luis Miguel
"Outside is deceiving"
The outside of building and lobby area were quite nice, but the hallways and rooms were less than adequate. Very long walk to get to the room. The room smelled like it had been smoked in when we arrived and the furniture was very tattered. Not at all worth the $178.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Based on your comments we failed to meet you expectations. I will be sharing your comments with our housekeeping and maintenance staff to ensure our rooms and public areas are always in proper condition. We hope to have the opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
"Excellent accommodation!"
The hotel was very clean, comfortable and the staff was friendly. i reccommend the king size room because the extra space and comfort made all the difference.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel. I am pleased to hear that you found our location, amenities and services met your needs. The king sized rooms do offer over 40% more space than the queen rooms do and are a favorite of many of our guests. We look forward to your next visit to Edmonton.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
"my stay"
Nice pressured shower, clean towels, comfy bed, close to W.E.M.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for posting a review of the hotel. I am pleased to hear you found our amenities to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to Edmonton on your next visit.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Jackson
"Homeward bound"
While this was our last hotel stay on our 16 day trip back from B.C. It was defiantly the worst hotel for cleanliness .. Hallways were dark and dirty.. Carpet in room had food and hair on it, furniture and walls and doors had gauges in them.. Would never stay here again!
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review of the hotel. From your comments we clearly did not meet your expectations and for that, I apologize. I will be sharing your comments with our housekeeping and maintenance staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. We invite you back should you visit Edmonton again where we will strive to provide you an exceptional experience.
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
Nice and clean! Staff were quick to bring us the extra bedding we requested. It would have been nice if they were friendlier.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for posting a review of the hotel. I am pleased to hear that your expectations were met on the room and the service you needed. I will share your comments with our staff for training and follow up. We endeavor to always provide a warm welcoming experience and hope to see you again in the near future. We have a room waiting for you.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
"Falling apart and dirty"
When we checked in and headed to our room the hallways were dirty, floors not vacuumed and stained. We got to our room to find white stains on the chair, stains on the bedding and a brownie in the light shade! I was with 3 teenagers (2 boys &1 girl) and all of them said we do not want to say here it is gross. I went down right away and they didn't want me getting into details about the dirtiness but switched me rooms right away. The second room was better but when we came back from shopping the carpet was soaking wet, a manager came looked at it and said we could move you but would be easier if I gave you towels, I agreed to the towels only because I was tired and I knew we only had 1 night here. We had to be up at 6am and it was already 10pm. Little did I know that the air conditioner was dripping a lot and would keep us up all night. The next morning at 7am when I checked out I brought it up to the girl, I said just so you are aware this thing was leaking all night and I am more worried about the fire hazard as it is leaking on electrical wires. I was then informed that because I booked through Expedia she couldn't give me a discount....I never asked for a discount!? I now was more appalled that the room could catch on fire and they didn't seem to be worried about it. A different manager then said to me ( obvious he overheard) that I was encouraged to switch rooms but refused! Nope no refusal just didn't think I should risk another DIRTY room! I will never stay here again!
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review of the hotel. It is clear in your comments that we failed to meet your expectations on your recent visit. Your comments will be shared with our housekeeping and maintenance staff for training and follow up purposes. We hope to have another opportunity to show you a better experience.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
"Awesome as always"
Nothing but hospitality
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your kind review of the hotel. Our staff strive to provide a warm and hospitable stay to all of our guests. I am pleased you enjoy the hotel and the services we provide. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Edmonton.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2015
Terrance
"Very close to West Edmonton"
very close to west Edmonton mall easy access to 178 st, 100 ave, Anthony Hendry drive,stony plain rd. easy checl in thanks to expedia.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your kind review of the hotel. Our hot tub area is permanently closed as we are expanding our fitness area in the near future. Be on the lookout for this exciting upgrade. I agree our location is very convenient to all of the locations you mentioned. Check out our Jacuzzi rooms on your next visit to Edmonton for an exclusive hot tub experience.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Barry
"Affordable hotel close to all the main attractions"
Me and my husband stay at the executive every time we travel to Edmonton, its not downtown and easy to access with great parking. Its minutes and away from Windermere, west end and downtown and is the perfect area to unwind. It also always us to bring our dogs and they actually have a present for the dogs when they stay and my fur baby's are family to me so small touches like that mean the world to me.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your kind review of the hotel. We do love pets and our pet friendly rooms are designed to meet all of your and your pets needs. As you mentioned our location is well situated for easy access to many services in Edmonton. We appreciate your repeat patronage and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Edmonton.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
monique
"Ok hotel. Stayed for business."
I stayed overnight for business. Staff are very nice and helpful. However, I wish the rooms were a little more updated. The wall plug cover was falling off, the desk lamp had a short so it flickered, lack of plug-ins to power devices. I'll probably stay here again, but make sure I bring a power strip.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review of the hotel. As a business traveler we understand that you need things to be in proper working order. Our Executive club wing is our preferred section for business travelers. When something isn't working properly, let us know so it can be corrected in a timely manner. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Edmonton.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
Darren
Good value for price. Staff wasn't overly exuberant
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
Jay
"one nighter"
Brief stopover, good location, small exercise room but did the trick.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review of the hotel. We will be expanding the fitness room in the near future to make the space more useful for our guests. Be on the lookout for this exciting upgrade to the area. I agree our location is convenient for shopping, dining and other services in west Edmonton. We are minutes away from almost anything you need. We hope to see you back on your next visit to Edmonton.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2015
jason
"Clean the hallways!"
The hallways were really dirty, very stuffy and stale smelling which was a very bad first impression. It made me question the cleanliness of the whole place. Room was very clean though, and had really comfortable beds. It's also a great location if wanting to go to West Edmonton Mall.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review of the hotel. High traffic areas are challenging especially during busy periods in the hotel. Our staff do their best to keep all public areas clean and I will be sharing your comments with our housekeeping staff for training and follow up. we hope to have another opportunity to serve you again in the future where we can exceed your expectations.
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Was good. Nothing too special, but decent hotel.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel. We are pleased that you found the hotel was suitable for your needs. We are striving to not only meet, but exceed customer expectations and feedback from our guests help us to know what we are doing right and where we can improve. We hope to see you on your next visit to Edmonton.
1 night trip with friends Jul 21, 2015
"Note properly cleaned"
previous guest's food and drinks left in the fridge. ice bucket had no plastic liner.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for posting a review of the hotel. I will be passing your comments along to our housekeeping staff for training and follow up, this is not our regular standard and I apologize for this. We hope you come back on your next visit to Edmonton where we can exceed your expectations.
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
"Dirty Linnens"
The hotel itself was beautiful. The cleaning service was absolutely horrible. When we checked in we went up to our room which the cleaning staff said was ready, however when we got up there the room hadn't been touched and was still littered with garbage from the previous guests. Back down to the front desk we go, we get another room go back up to the third floor only to discover our room keys weren't activated, back downstairs we go. Finally we got settled into our room and headed out for a full day at the west Edmonton mall. When we returned we were exhausted and went right to bed. It wasn't until the next morning that we discovered blood stains on the bedding for both beds and a very large nasty yellow stain on one. It was bad enough to know that i slept in a dirty bed but to know my daughter had to as well really disgusted me. When I told the lady at the the desk she didn't seem to care at all. I then told another lady at the front desk and she was extremely helpful.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for posting a review of the hotel. First, I wish to apologize for issues you experienced with your room. This is not the normal standard of quality we intend to provide. I will be passing your comments onto our housekeeping and front desk staff for training and follow up for the future. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you again in the future and to exceed your expectations.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Sadie
"Satisfied with price and comfort of stay!"
Staff is top notch, parking everywhere! Bar staff amazing! will stay again when in edmonton, rooms could be confused with a major chain. Really comfy rooms.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review of the hotel. We certainly appreciate that you recognized the extras that are often overlooked or taken for granted. Not too many hotels offer free parking anymore and as you said, we have plenty of it. I'll pass along your comments to our bar staff and we look forward to your next visit to Edmonton.
1 night business trip Jul 24, 2015
jeff
Room was lean quite and fairly comfortable but A/C didn't cool very well and tub tap dripped unless turned off really tight
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am pleased to hear that you found the room comfortable. Our maintenance staff is available when the A/C or taps are not working properly and are only a phone call to the desk away. We look forward to seeing you back on your next visit to Edmonton.
3 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
Terry
Hotel is clean and cozy room. But feels like its an institution while walking towards your room. Bed is comfortable but pillows are not.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for posting a review of the hotel. We do try to make the hotel feel cozy and appreciate that you recognized that. The cinder block hallways are designed to help keep the walls clean as they are resistant to scuff marks and scratches. Ask the front desk for a different pillow if the one you have is not to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Edmonton.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Maria
"One night stay for work trip"
Stayed before, the small lounge has vlts and is an open concept bar, like in an airport. The bar staff should be given raises they worked there butts off. Will stay becuase of the friendly desk and lounge staff. If ur in town for business, great location for mall excursions and restaurants within 4-8 min drive.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your positive review. We are pleased to hear that our staff make a difference and have an impact on your choice of hotel. I agree our location is very convenient for shopping and dining and we are located just minutes from The Anthony Henday ring road if you need to get to a further destination in Edmonton quickly. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
1 night business trip Jul 23, 2015
I found the overall stay a good experience. I did not like one of the mattresses in our room and the breakfast in the restaurant was not very good.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I will be passing your comments along to our management team for consideration and review. We are pleased to hear your overall experience was a good one and we hope to see you back on your next visit to Edmonton.
2 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
"Dirty"
Room was dirty, smelled like smoke and front end staff not friendly
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
I'm sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I'll be sharing your experience with our staff and management for training and follow up to ensure no one else has a similar experience. Thank you for taking the time to post a review and hope you stay with us again.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
"Upset kids"
Stay was good but disappointed that pool and hot tub was closed
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review. Our hot tubs are permanently closed as we will be expanding our fitness centre in the near future; be on the lookout for this exciting upgrade to our facilities. There are swimming options located near the hotel that we will gladly recommend on your next visit. See you then.
3 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
"Nice hotel and close to the mall"
Nice hotel to stay. Close to the mall. Clean and tidy.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
It is certainly pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the location convenient for your needs. Thank you for taking the time to post a review and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
"Clean, nice rooms. Bed saggy"
Nice location. Clean and spacious room. The bed was too soft and saggy.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you found the room and hotel location met your needs. I will pass along your comments on the bedding to our Management team. We look forward to your return visit.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
"Nice & convenient"
Perfect for a little getaway to shop at west Ed mall. Stayed with my 12 year old daughter. Beds were comfy, air con worked, and the staff were nice. It was a good price and the location was convenient for proximity to the mall and restaurants. It's not super fancy but very nice anyway. I'd recommend it to friends
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are very pleased the hotel met your expectations. I'll share your comments with our staff. Our location is very convenient for shopping and dining in West Edmonton. We hope to see you again in the near future.
1 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
Cindy
"Nice and clean hotel close to west ed mall"
Everything was good...no issues...loved the location because close to mall and gas station with pizza Hut and tims and mcdonald's and KFC across the street. Only thing was if there was a bathroom fan working didn't work good enough. There 3asnt a separate switch for one but there was a fan on the ceiling of bathroom so I'm assuming works with light switch but not good enough and air conditioning not that cool but still did the trick. Left it on while we were out and eventually cooled off the room when we returned. Overall I would recommend and I would stay here again. Didn't get the chance to eat in the restaurant or visit lounge because I was with my kids but looked very appealing.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review. Our location is very convenient for many dining and shopping options in west Edmonton. Please bring issues to the attention of the hotel when they occur so we can correct them in a timely manner. we look forward to your return visit.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
Rooms were ok but our A\C didn't work so it wasn't terribly comfortable. But, would stay again.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback as it helps improve our service. When something is in need of repair, please let us know so we can deal with the issue in a timely manner. we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Edmonton.
1 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
Derek
Great location for shopping at West Ed
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review. Not only are we located close to W.E.M, but there are several other shopping options nearby. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
2 night family trip May 16, 2015
"Very nice!"
Very nice! I would defantly stay again :)
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for posting a 5 star review. We are so pleased we exceeded your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
melissa
"Excellent. Highly recommended!"
Second stay at this hotel. Staff is very friendly, rooms are in excellent condition and clean. Bed and pillows are perfect in my opinion. Great price with a great location.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your very positive review. I'm happy to be able to share your experience with our staff. We look forward to extending our warm hospitality to you on you next visit to Edmonton.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"Convenient"
No thank you I don't want to I am done this is stupid
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for posting a 4 star rating. We are certainly pleased you found the hotel convenient to your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Edmonton.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"My Stay"
It was great
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review. We look forward to extending our warm hospitality to you on your next visit.
1 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Roy
"Great staff"
Staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. Rooms were clean and comfortable, and very quiet too, considering I was on the ground floor.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your very positive review. We welcome all guest feedback and certainly appreciate it when we have exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back and extending our warm hospitality to you on your next visit.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
Julian
"Horrible stay-rude manager-dirty unclean room"
Horrible stay-rude manager-dirty unclean room. Website said there were whirlpool tubs. They were removed From the hotel but not from their website. Do not stay at this dive!!
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
T
The bed wasn't hard at all, I prefer a hard bed; other than that, this was a quiet location
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review. We value all feedback to improve our product and service. We hope to see you back on your next visit.
1 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
ANEESH
"No problems No issues nice quite stay"
Check in was quick. Check out was quick. Room was clean. Stay was peacefully. Great restaurants near by.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review. All guest feedback is appreciated and we are happy your experience was a positive one. We hope to see you back on your next visit to Edmonton.
2 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
Jatinder
"Nice hotel because of its location"
We have stayed at this hotel many times because of it's location, and find that it is always comfortable and clean.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review and appreciate your patronage. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
"Perfect"
Great
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review. Looking forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
1 night trip with friends May 16, 2015
Pauline
Just 1 day. Good for the price.
1 night business trip Jun 16, 2015
Daniela
"It was wonderful"
Very nice I love it close to west edmonton mall and easy to go anywhere from the hotel.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your positive review of the hotel. Our location is very convenient to West Edmonton Mall, restaurants and shopping. Anthony Henday Drive is a short distance from the Hotel and virtually opens up access to the entire city. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
Denis Enekwechi
Our stay was good, the halways were a bit dark, no other facilities i.e. fitness, pool, sauna, etc. however the staff was very pleasent, and the room was large, and quite clean.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your comments. Our hallways lights are on timers and occasionally the hallway may be darker than normal. They operate on sensors and will light up as you make your way down the hallway. We are renovating our fitness center very soon and will have some exciting improvements for you to enjoy. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
"Great location easy access to shopping and travel."
Other than the fire alarm - good. Room was not cleaned first day but that was not unsurmountable.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your comments. I'll share your review with our housekeeping staff for training and follow up purposes. We value all feedback to improve our service and product. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
fellow travelle
Diasappointing for the cost...the room furniture was beat up along with the walls.. the room needs painting really bad and the furniture could stand to be replaced. The room service was terrible - the panini sandwich was burnt - saving grace was I contacted room service to return the meal and I was reimbursed me for the cost of the meal.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review. I will be sharing your comments with our maintenance staff for follow up. We have made several improvements to our guestrooms recently and invite you to see them. Should anything not be adequate, please let us know so we can correct it in a timely manner.
Other trip Jun 13, 2015