All hotels in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here10010 178 St Nw, Edmonton, AB, T5S1T3, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Not royal, or executive."
A mechanical issue arose requiring a room move the first day in our stay, which the front desk was not empowered to fully solve; however, after a call to the manager it was quickly resolved. Housekeeping schedules were strange, and they always replaced every toiletry (used or unused) and towel (used or unused), much to our confusion. Rubbish was left in the hallway and stairwells for extended periods.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
I would like to thank you for your review of the hotel. We take all feedback and use it for training purposes. I will inform our Executive Housekeeper of your comments to ensure they are not repeated again. We strive to provide consistent service every time. We hope to have another opportunity to host you in the future and exceed your expectations.
6 night business trip Nov 30, 2014
"BEWARE of ROOM TYPES are OVERSOLD"
heater/air conditioner doesn't turn off. difficult to have room climax level. vending machine ate money, reported to front desk & never received coins back. clean room. BEWARE room/suite type changed upon check-in room types are oversold.
Response by Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton
Thank you for your review of the hotel. First of all I would like to apologize as we clearly did not meet your expectations. I will be sharing your comments with our team to ensure procedures are followed and our service is consistent. In response to your comment about oversold room types. In some instances it does happen and when it does the guest is always offered a equal or better choice at no additional charge. Speak directly with the Hotel Manager while on-site to ensure the matter is resolved to your satisfaction. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future.
1 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2014
"Disappointing"
We found the state of overall cleanliness in the hotel had slipped in comparison to our last stays. There was dog offal behind the bed; the toilet flush handle fell off in my hand ( my hubby fixed it); the shower faucet was incredibly hard to turn & the hallways near the housekeeping rooms were littered with lint. The Keurig coffeemaker is nice - the pet 'gift' has been made for pet size & the linens were clean & beds comfortable.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
carolyn
"Overall good stay"
Maids ran out of clean facecloths though!
2 night business trip Nov 20, 2014
Germain
"Long wait"
Long wait for room, good thing I was not on a schedule. But the girls at the front desk did there best.
Warren
"my stay"
it was good staff was helpful and very nice would recommend this place others,very close to west Edmonton mall
not a happy cam
"Nice Place"
Hotel was very clean, bed were ok...could be updated, but overall nice hotel for the price
Sue
"Top notch facility"
Great location, awesome food and the room was great. I will stay again.
2 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
Deator
"Comfortable and friendly"
Check-in and check-out were quick and the staff was very friendly. We were unprepared and did not use the Spa Facilities, but were pleased to see they were available. The room was neat and clean, and being able to control the temperature within our space was a plus. I highly recommend guests read the visitor information folder, as it contains details about the hotel and surrounding area we wouldn't have otherwise known about. The bed was comfortable, and I like the idea of laminate flooring and tile throughout the suite.
"Favorite place close to the mall"
prompt service on checking in staff very friendly room service excellent rooms exceptionally clean very good food in the restaurant all in all a great experience
"There are much better accommodations available"
Hair on pillow, bath tub facet not secure, and a loud few people across the hall. I reported same but the noise continued into the late, early morning hours. This was supposedly in the executive wing
"Last time we will ever stay"
Room smelled terrible and the carpets were wet - obviously just cleaned to address whatever caused the smell so the room should NOT have been occupied that day. There were approximately 25 out of control drunk people, yelling and banging on doors with no action by the hotel to regain control. This was still going on at 7:30am. We used to come to this hotel multiple times a year but will never go back. Unsure, based on the hotel name change, if there is new ownership but it has deteriorated in a very short time span
AC
"Clean rooms and friend staff but it stopped there."
Only stayed one night but had issues with the TV and the heater. The TV didn't work and when we called down they told us there were some issues with the TV and someone would be looking at it tomorrow. Room was freezing and the heater never kicked on all night. We set the temperature up to 80 and it stayed cold all night. The front desk clerk said to just wait it out. I advised on check out of our issues hoping maybe for a small discount but that was not the case. Full price for no TV and no heat! Other than that it was very clean and the Sunday Brunch, although expensive, was delicious.
"Clean, quiet hotel for a good price"
Stayed here with my boyfriend for the weekend. Our room was nice, clean, quiet and very close to West Edmonton Mall. The bed wasn't super comfy, but in general we would recommend this hotel to others.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
K&R
"So so"
Stayed for a night and went to waterpark for the day. Was very close to mall, easy parking. Our room looked to be renovated, but had a very old musty smell to it. Room service delivered cold food. I don't like giving bad reviews, but was not totally impressed with this hotel.
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
"review"
Cleaning staff have no respect for people sleeping....location of our room added to that...storage for supplies...bannging doors and chatting very loudly...
2 night business trip Oct 31, 2014
"Anniversary Getaway"
It was our anniversary, pleasant and quiet.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
Johnny
"Nice hotel. Friendly helpful staff"
We arrived at the hotel at 2:30 in the afternoon and had no problem with early check-in. Bed was very comfortable. Room was quiet and clean.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Sandy
"Nice place but wont be back!"
Nice place but room was way too hot and the pillows were way too fat, sore necks hard to get comfortable.
1 night romance trip Oct 29, 2014
"While this is a nice hotel it is on the dirty side"
This would be a nice place to stay if they would simply clean there carpets. The restaurant on site could have better atmosphere for a dinning experience but the worst is some culprit pulled the fire alarm at 3 a.m. and there was no fire, making things very unpleasant for a family member who just had surgery and come out of the hospital that afternoon to stay at the hotel. :(
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Good value for West Edmonton"
Good location in West Edmonton, good value, clean and all amenities, will make this my go to spot in Edmonton
1 night trip Oct 17, 2014
dh
"An ok stay"
The cleanliness of the horel is questionable. The bedding is always clean and fresh- But dust and grime on lamps garbage left in night stand drawer and fridge. They have a wonderful pet policy and an amazing pet gift basket that our fur baby adores so we do continue to stay here despite the cleanliness issues. My recomendations are bring lysol wipes like we do!
1 night romance trip Oct 21, 2014
"Just Don't!"
older lady, I'm put in the furthest room from the entry, Very Long haul with 2 bags. NO help offered nor was there a cart in sight or I'd have taken it! Was NOT told there was an elevator very close: instead directions were explicit- down to the statue then r. down to end of hallway, turn r. at the end of that hallway, go through the fire doors and to the r. at end of hall is an elevator to your floor & at the end of that hall your room. Day 1 of 3 night stay maid left a dirty paper coffee cup, took out garbage & left a towel in my sink. Next day my bed was straightened (not day before), new towels up, garbage gone but did not leave me any coffee for next a.m. BUT left the contents of my cosmetic case strewn on the bathroom floor. Check out day 2 suitcases+ found a closer entry/exit & took larger suitcase & bag down, leaving my purse along with 2nd case in room. I'd written a note explaining I was not leaving a tip as I believe tips should be given to those who provide "service"... I returned into hotel to find the elevator no longer working so made LONG trek to get back room. I Can ONLY presume I was "set-up" (staff have walkie-talkies) as the elevator worked when I went back a third time to get some ice. The previous day I'd bought 2-$50 KOBO cards from London Drugs. I have the receipt. POINT of 'set-up' was to reward themselves and as I discovered later that day someone from the Executive Royal West Hotel had stolen one $50 KOBO gift card from my purse (THE ONLY TIME IT WAS EVER OUT OF MY SIGHT) while I made the trek to my car. Not ONE staff member in that place was welcoming, kind, accommodating or concerned. Except for a nice quiet room (I loved the laminated wood flooring!) & the location close to where I needed to be I would now drive further rather than stay THERE ever again! There are a dozen+ hotels in that area but I booked late and can see why this hotel was one of three that had any space left. I couldn't report the theft to police as one actually has t
3 night business trip Oct 7, 2014
Service was great. Didn't eat at the restaurant... but staff was friendly and helpful. We needed more towels and they were there right away. We had difficulty turning the tap in the shower, but someone came right away and showed us (needed lots of muscle). The location is great - being close to West Edmonton Mall and other shopping, however Stony Plain Road is a nightmare to drive through with the one-way streets and 4 or 5 lanes across!
1 night family trip Oct 9, 2014
Melanie
"close to WEM"
We stayed one night and were comfortable. Small bar in the lobby for that after-shopping nightcap.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
"Wonderful hotel & nice location!"
Had a great stay! Very good food & room service was very quick! Staff was very friendly and helpful. Really large room and extremely comfortable beds! Will definitely stay here next time I am in the city!
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
"Quiet and nice hotel"
We were impressed with how nice the Hotel was. We needed more coffee and asked the front desk for more. Within 5 mins. they delivered to our room several cups for our coffee machine. At the front desk they placed a bowl of apples for anyone to help themselves.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
Ellison
"Nice location"
The hotel is starting to get old, extreme musty smell in the Executive Wing.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"One night in Edmonton"
Everything was very good. I enjoyed my stay.
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
Malcolm
"OK place to stay"
Pretty good hotel but needs a little attention to maintenance. Beds were a little soft and my wife and I rolled into the middle of the bed. Hot tub was a bit gungy. Back door didn't lock properly so a bit of a security issue.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
Trevor
upon check in the lady at the front desk was rude and unprofessional. I doubt that I will stay there again.
2 night business trip Sep 22, 2014
"Good hotel. Near west edmonton mall."
Rooms clean, and hotel staff seems friendly. Good food and bar.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
"Edmonton visit"
Good experience, good staff, good location, restaurant is also very good with excellent staff
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
Pierre
"Close to many shops."
Have stayed here before, and treatment was same. Clean, polite staff, close to shopping, reasonable rate, high speed wireless.
Other trip Sep 16, 2014
"Not the best"
Hotel is ok. Staff isn't very friendly. Server in lounge was not polite at all. Front desk clerk on check out was snappy.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
monica
"Excellent location close to shopping"
Close to shopping and dining, Room was very comfortable and quiet
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
I thought the hotel was quite nice. I was a little concerned about the security of our room as the door did not close and lock unless you physically pulled it closed. I had to let the front desk know that the housekeeping was not ensuring it would lock behind them leaving our room open to anyone. They need to repair these types of things but very comfortable overall.
3 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Kirsten
"Please remember you are in the service business."
Some of the staff seemed mad, bothered or upset when asked a question about hotel facilities and area attractions. The front desk staff where helpful aswell and the management team too most of the time.
6 night trip Aug 24, 2014
"Nice hotel good price good location"
It's walking distance to a lot of store and restaurant and the room service was great!
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Very clean and convenient hotel. There was noise in the halls during the night.
1 night trip Sep 2, 2014
Nice hotel, they over booked the night I stayed and walked into a room with 1 bed when I booked 2 queens. Ended up getting a room with a bed with a fold away bed. Wasn't very clean, found a pair of women's underwear under the bed and stains on the carpet. Other than that it was ok. Close to west ed mall and good neighborhood
1 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2014
"hotel needs renovation"
Hotel needs to renovate. Good location but would not stay there again.
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
M. MACDONALD
"Great value"
This hotel is always clean, staff are always friendly and I would say the rooms are above average for this price. Beds are very comfortable!
2 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2014
"Room was dirty and housekeeping was not friendly!!"
Room was not clean properly. I stay there three night I can tell that housekeeping didn't charge the pillow case and the lining.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Great hotel at an amazing Location"
Day of my arrival was too early to check in, so I did a walkabout, The Executive Royal Hotel is near a fashion depot, best buy, a superstore, commercial plaza with restaurants and 5 dinning establishments just across the street from it. I took a 12 minute bus ride too the West Edmonton Mall. It's simply in a prime location for those who drive and don't. It was a Sunday and the Hotel offers a 4 star breakfast buffet from its internal restaurant Steel which occupies it's great hall. and and the Amenities are outstanding. I sat in one of its twin hot tubs for at least an hour and was so relaxed. And lucked out by staying in its Executive Wing with its own separate entrance. Its miles above a dull hotel stay, and the staff and room service is stellar. Zero complaints by this visitor.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Ray
"Within Walking Distance of Restaurants and Shoppin"
Hotel is within walking distace of restaurants and shopping. Complimentary parking and high speed internet It is busy location and showing wear and tear. Room was not properly cleaned, iron was broke, one lamp did not work and there was evidence of previous occupant. Fitness room was adequate but not clean and water cooler and towels were not replenished.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
"Not a good hotel experience"
The hotel overall was filthy. The stairwells (all of them) smelled of old garbage and vomit. Service at the front desk was slow because the number of staff was not adequate to deal with the volume of customers. Without any reason or rationale, my key cards wouldn't work on the third day of my stay. I won't be returning to this hotel.
4 night business trip Aug 25, 2014
"not worth the money I spent for that room"
Room came with a broken air conditioner. It was completely torn apart. Room should have never been used, never mind not having help to move all our bags over to a new room. Took a long time to get a new room. Second room was good.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
Sandra
Great place to stay, close to everything you need. Room was clean, bed comfortable ask for anything but the first floor unless you don't mind not being able to open curtains.
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
Light traveling
"Very Good"
Great Location, yummy food, rooms were clean.
2 night business trip Aug 18, 2014