All hotels in Yakima, Washington, United States of America
607 E Yakima Ave, Yakima, WA, 98901, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Children at play!"
Brought grandchildren over to enjoy the pool. The grandchildren lived the accommodations and enjoyed the stay.
2 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Carpet was soiled so bad we did not step on it with bare feet. This was in room 109. The clerk got me and Tonda's room mixed up.
3 night business trip Jun 17, 2015
"No air conditioning"
Air conditioning didn't work. Maintenance brought a floor fan as a substitute. This is Yakima in mid June. Not acceptable. There was also no place to hang a hand towel near the sink. Front desk person was friendly however.
1 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
"Two day getaway"
I called the front desk twice. The first time the phone rang multiple times and then someone picked it up and then hung it up immediately. The rooms was comfortable and spacious (I had a king bed room). For the most part it was clean however when I used the shower, there was some hair on the bathtub in a couple of spots. It was quiet and for the price, a decent value.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2015
Eugene
"Might as well have stayed at Motel 6"
First, we reserved a single king bed on hotels.com for (2) nights and we were given a room with two beds (may have been queen, but seemed like xl full). Upon entering the room we immediately called the front desk and were informed that 'we don't have any kings available, looks like you booked through expedia, sorry'. We were placed into a room in back of the complex, one which was disconnected from all the others. The room itself seemed like a retrofit. The bathroom was extremely small, tub was old and dirty, window had grime around it, and it had no exhaust fan. The a/c in the room had 2 settings and would cool the room with some satisfaction only if the bathroom door was closed (which was preferred anyway since the bathroom window faced the AM/PM parking lot which made you feel like you were in Vegas). The room had decent amenities such as toiletries, a coffee machine, and mini refrigerator. The television worked and had basic cable (no menu, standard definition). The place was packed with young people in town for baseball/softball tournament, which didn't bother us but made parking a pain. Breakfast at this place is fantastic. For $6.00 you can't beat the buffet. All in all, we would definitely not stay at this Red Lion again unless they upgraded their rooms. There are other hotels in the area that are newer and worth the extra couple dollars a night. Honestly, I would have been just as happy with Super 8 or Motel 6.
2 night romance trip May 29, 2015
Dustin
"Great room, cruddy bed."
Everything about the hotel other than the bed was great. The bed was hard as a rock and made it very difficult for me to be able to sleep.
1 night romance trip May 25, 2015
"Needs a remodel"
Needs a remodel inside and out! The rear lot of the hotel looks unsafe and unkept. Will stay elsewhere next time.
1 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
Room was dirty found garbage under the bed when i went to get my shoes. for the price i expected a lot more.
1 night family trip Mar 29, 2015
"Ok hotel a bit expensive"
Rooms need updates
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2015
Donald
"Very disappointed. Poor value for cost"
Cost was more than advertised price on red lion hotel Very disappointing
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
Katherine
"Clean but dated"
Aging hotel but very clean. Our carpet had a bare spot about a foot across.
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
"Vacation Seattle"
It was excellent Rm and service
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
"VERY DISAPPOINTING"
The hotel shuttle driver was the guy in front of me that I had to wait on before talking to the front desk girl. Well he then decides that now he is in a hurry and has to go pick someone up first and then he will return and give us a jump. About this time my wife calls me to tell me that our car had been broken into and that is why the battery was dead. So here we are in a hotel parking lot with a ransacked vehicle with a dead battery. Awesome right? Well after another 2 hour (we never once saw this security patrol that was suppose to be every 20 minutes)wait for the shuttle driver to give us a jump and he doesn't show, the front desk lady uses her personal car to give us a jump. THIS HOTEL IS TERRIBLE WITH ABSOLUTELY NO REGARD TO THEIR GUESTS.
1 night trip with friends Feb 14, 2015
"Don't stay here"
Older hotel in need of an update. The carpet was very stained, and ripped. There was masking tape around the ceiling where they painted...years ago. The furniture was dusty. Internet was slower than molasses, you could get a router but that only works for computers, not phones or mobile devices. Our card keys worked one day and then we had to go to the desk to get new ones. The ice machine was right out our door, but wasn't working, nor were the other ones. The desk clerk sent my ten year old grandson into the bar for ice! The pools were closed for the season, they never said that when we booked. Very disappointed, and had I not paid in advance from Hotels.com, I would NOT have stayed here.
3 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
Kathleen
"April 17-19, 2015 stay"
We reserved a larger garden room (max occupancy 5) because we have 5 people in our family. When we arrived, we were given a smaller economy room (same price) in a building offset from the hotel. The staff was helpful and brought us a roll away bed and replaced the broken iron in the room. The location was not very pleasant. We probably will not stay here again.
2 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
"Figured Red Lion Was Better"
We arrived early (before 3pm) and were told they would not be able to check us in until 3 pm...OK, I guess the reservation clearly stated check-in was at 3 pm. The receptionist at the desk was less the personable I might say. I have arrived early before at other hotel/motels and have been treated much better. We took advantage of their breakfast for $5.95 for convenience but it was nothing special.
1 night family trip Apr 11, 2015
Staff was great. Room was comfortable. Parking was great
dancers
"It was in the area of the city we preferred."
Was not pleased with the air condition set up. There was none. It turned quite warm that day & their Central Heat was not capable of changing over to A/C. They finally brought us a fan in the evening which helped. Will prefer to stay in hotels with individual room Heating & cooling.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
Vaughn
"Well rested & great location & staffs"
Rate is reasonable. Staff is great. Good location. Ideal place to stay if you're in Yakima!
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
Norm
"Horrible"
Checked in and back out in 10 minutes was awful. It stunk. Was not what I had hoped for at all
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
nick
"Very Nice Stay"
The room was very comfortable and quiet. The heating and air was terrific. A great shower which for me is a must. My only issue was the inconsistency of the wireless. I was in a back corner room and that may have been the issue but if you advertise wireless it should work everywhere.
2 night business trip Mar 22, 2015
"Red Lion run down"
I am just done with going to Red Lions. It is run down and dated. The desk clerk did not even greet us or look up when we came into the lobby. It was 11:30 at night we had been traveling a long distance and a friendly hello would have been nice. She took forever to check us in and then did not tell us anything about amenities, breakfast nothing.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
tollhouse7
"The Red Lion Yakima is a Hotel"
This hotel was interesting. To say the facility is sprawling would be an understatement. It goes on and on. 2 outdoor pools leads me to believe that this may be the amalgam of two smaller hotels. The housekeeping and desk staff were great. The room was tidy and cozy. The room was quiet, we did not ever hear any of our neighbors. We did not eat the free breakfast but it did seem like standard fare. Late night parking was a challenge. We had to hike a small distance to get to our room which was in one of the detached buildings. The toilet was very low to the ground and would not pass muster with someone with disabilities.
2 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
francesco
"Nice Hotel in downtown Yakima"
Very spacious room with King bed and extremely comfortable mattress. Quick and easy check in/check out. Friendly and courteous staff. Loved the breakfast buffet.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
Brad
"Basic clean lodging"
Room was clean and quiet. Nothing special, but the price was right.
1 night business trip Mar 9, 2015
"We'll stay elsewhere next time."
This hotel is adjacent to the convention center so is very convenient if that is your destination (ours was not). The rest of the neighborhood is largely government buildings and there are few restaurants nearby. The hotel faces on a busy street so if noise is an issue to you, request a room way back from the street. We only ate breakfast in their café -- mediocre: bitter coffee, eggs & hash browns barely warm.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
Enjoyable stay.. With helpful staff. Will use for future visits.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"One day stay"
The room was clean, quiet, well equipped with microwave and little frig and cable tv. Nice big bathroom and good parking. Except for the weather, freezing and icy it was a great stay.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
jaime
"Old apartment building"
I travel a great deal here in the US and all over Europe and this is the first time I've written about a stay at a hotel somewhere. I usually, look at the top 3 priced hotels in that area and work it from there. I paid $139.000 which was the second highest price in the Yakima area. My first room was a smoke pit and I felt like I inhaled a carton of cigarettes, the TV was about 20 years old and the carpet was old and nasty. Overall, everything in that room had to be smoke cleaned and every appliance updated. The staff, was nice to me and they moved me to the other side of the building.The room that placed me in was a little better w/ no smoke and the tv updated to today's standards but still the rooms are terrible. The building itself is an old 1960's style type of apartment turned into a "hotel". This is one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed at.
I was in town for a convention. This was a great location, within walking distance of wherever I needed to go. I enjoyed the pool and the breakfast provided.
3 night trip Jul 16, 2014
"Not a 3-star hotel, basics met. RENOVATION NEEDED!"
The good: comfortable bed, good housekeeping, everything worked, bathroom faucets/fixtures have been updated. Every room has an outdoor personal sitting area. No problem with "neighbor noise" thru walls. We didn't mind paying for the Continental B-fast. Buffet, yes, but the offerings were significantly more than we typically see w/free breakfasts. The bad: literally holes in the carpet, and it was sorely in need of a steam clean. Bathroom door had to be jammed closed & had squeaky, painted over hinges. All electrical outlets are used for lamps, TV, fridge, microwave, etc... There was ONE plug available in the base of a lamp. The TV was a flatscreen, but uses analog signal - there was no aspect ratio that didn't cut off the left & right 3" of the screen on some programs. There was a channel list, but no program listing. Poor lighting - total of 3 bulbs in main space. The staff was fine. Check-in efficient. A bit annoyed we weren't allowed to check in a whopping 10 minutes before 3:00 pm. When I stood 10-feet off the check in counter to wait my 10 minutes, miraculously our room became available. But 3:00 is 3:00, not 2:50. PETS: no special potty areas, or extra effort put forth to accommodate pets, but behind the hotel are areas to take care of business. Worked fine. This hotel is run down. It was not a good bargain. As-is: maybe 2.5 star establishment, surely not 3.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
NoOneSpecial
"one night stay"
swimming pools were closed for the season, we were disappointed. Also our room smelled pretty badly of smoke. Ask for a non smoking room.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Fresh Hop Festival-Always a Must STAY!"
This hotel never disappoints. The rooms are always clean, beds are comfortable, and the staff is always very friendly. We travel to Yakima every October for the Fresh Hop Festival and they are very affordable and even combine efforts and do a Fresh Hop package that is a bargain. They let us have our dogs there and are always very accommodating. We will always stay here!
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Hotel in the center of town."
Easy to find and in a convenient location for everything in Yakima. Friendly staff.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
"Lovely gardens and outdoor spaces"
I had a very restful stay there. Very quiet room and great bed. Enjoyed the beautiful gardens surrounding it.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
Christine
"Next to the conference centre"
If you're in Yakima for the convention centre, the Red Lion is right across the car park. The bed was large and very comfortable, the main priority for me. Great choice of different pillows so I could select the perfect one. The shower jet was powerful. Wireless internet was reasonably fast and always on. The decor is ageing and tired. There were a couple of permanent stains on the carpet in my room. The extractor fan in the bathroom didn't work, which might explain why early mold was forming on the shower curtain. Breakfast was exactly what I have come to expect from hotels in this price and star bracket, which means mediocre - cold eggs, overcooked bacon, choice of cereals, all sugared. Public areas (lobby, breakfast room) were over-air-conditioned and cold.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Louise
"Enjoyable stay"
Very nice, more comfortable than than Holiday Gardens
1 night business trip Sep 25, 2014
"All good except wifi disappointment"
We would give this hotel a four star rating, except that the night we spent there, the internet was down. Initially we were told fifteen minutes, two hours later - still working on it. By 9 pm we called it an evening. Internet was up in the morning but our room was on the far side of the hotel in the Corporate Building - and got a very poor signal. Otherwise, this is a conference center hotel and nicely equipped with patios on some rooms, a nice pool and a very good buffet breakfast for $5.95.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
"Quiet, clean and affordable."
Convenient location to downtown Yakima. Nice experience checking in and out. Comfortable beds. Pleasant decor.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Alice
"nice"
Very nice
1 night business trip Sep 14, 2014
kye kiona
"Convenient & comfortable"
All good except no cleaning service. Came back to room end of day to discover bed not made and bathroom not serviced. Stayed two nights.
2 night business trip Sep 10, 2014
David Newton
"Good hotel"
Very comfortable beds and was pleased with the help with a rollaway bed
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
shayla
"Comfy bed and pillows makes for a restful night"
The front desk staff was very nice and helpful.
1 night business trip Aug 23, 2014
"Pleasantly surprised"
I was hesitant about staying here due to one review that said it was dirty. I was pleasantly surprised. Although it's an older hotel but I didn't find it dirty. I have never stayed here before but I'm now considering staying here with my family for a short vacation.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
M
"Stay for Family Wedding"
We were not happy at all with our stay at this Red Lion hotel. I have stayed in many different Red Lion's and this one falls dramatically short of my expectation of others. Check in time is 3pm. We were able to finally get checked in at 4:15pm. After a 3 1/2 hour drive that's all we wanted to do was sit around and wait another hour and a half to get checked in. TV did not work when we got in room and maintenance did come and get fixed within an hour. Balcony was not clean. Looks like it had not been swept in months and cigarette butts out there as well as a dying baby bird. Room was clean on inside. The reason we were given for late check in was that someone was on vacation and they were behind. Seriously, an hour and a half late. And check out is at 12 noon so it took them 4 1/2 hours to get our room clean. I would highly suggest another hotel in Yakima as this one is not good at all. Breakfast buffet was constantly out of food and they were slow to refill or stay on top of it. Do not stay here.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center
I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your review! All feedback, good or bad, assists us in making our guests stay more comfortable. I would like to truly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced when you arrived to check in. I would like to apologize for our breakfast buffet not being properly stocked as well. This is definitely not the type of stay we want our guests to have! We have very high standards here at the hotel, and the issues you experiences will be addresses accordingly with our staff. We value you as our guest, and look forward to having you with us again soon
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Greg W.
"My focus is accessibility"
Overall I was pleased with my accommodations at the Red Lion Hotel in Yakima. The King size bed was very comfortable, the pillows on the bed were perfect, BUT the accessible bathroom had a bathtub instead of a roll in shower. That was a big disappointment and inconvenience. I didn`t encounter the cleaning staff, but I was pleased with the cleaning they did for a 2 day stay. The female at the front desk didn`t volunteer any information about hotel amenities, nor did she attempt to make me feel welcome. I was told I would receive a final bill the night before I checked out and that did not happen. Grandma D
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Grandma D
"Convenient for wine touring and restaurants"
Quiet and comfortable room, but walking access to street means walking through parking lot, between buildings, and through the main building from the townhouse building. The Pool was a plus.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
"Pool not functional in August? UR kidding?"
I should have heeded the negative Internet reviews of this place, but the brand has always been strong elsewhere I've stayed. Pool was not working; front desk staff did not seem to care. It's 90 degrees in Yakima in August. Never again.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. I truly apologize for the pool being out of service during your stay. We certainly understand why that would have an effect on the quality of your stay. We strive to provide all our guests with the high quality of service that we maintain throughout all of our hotels. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to better serve you on your next visit. Kind Regards
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
SAM
Bad experience room to small room not clean found food left from previes costumer
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
luis
The hotel did not have an elevator. I wish I had asked that when I made the reservation.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014