All hotels in Yakima, Washington, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here607 E Yakima Ave, Yakima, WA, 98901, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Overpriced outdated property. Terrible restaurant"
The room was extremely overpriced and entire property outdated. I was given attitude for asking for an 45 min early check-in by a clearly inexperienced front desk clerk with no management insight. I had two sub 2 yr olds that just spent nearly 4 hrs in a car and in need of a nap. When I expressed my situation, a sigh then let me check. Miraculously a room appeared; albeit the wrong room. I reserved two queens and was told no I reserved a king. I rebutted that my reservation showed two queens. Again attitude like I was inconveniencing them. I was then told that I'd again have to wait. Finally when I room was available, we went to our room which was located all the way on the opposite side of the hotel. Upon entry into the room it was again outdated and dingy. When checking the room for bedbugs which I always do is an astute traveler, I found a old string cheese which had clearly been there for not days not weeks but months it, it had turned red. They were also tags in trash on top of the TV stand underneath the bed and underneath the chair. It was clearly not a well taken care of hotel. Needless to say we were stuck and bested through the conditions and lackluster staff. We took care of the business that we were in town for and came back to the room for the evening. The beds were just a notch below comfortable. The next morning we went to the "restaurant" called Libby's. It was embarrassing to look at the place. All the tables were filthy & not cleared. We left. Terrible!
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Wouldn't go back! Room/ bathroom clean.Pool great"
The stay at the Red Lion in Yakima was a big disappointment. Yes you got me a good rate. The two rooms I booked were in the worst location possible., facing the garbage area on the farthest back building. If I'd have gotten a layout of the hotel rooms, I would have definitely requested another location,. I'd .gladly have paid more for a better location, or hotel. I assumed that they'd have a nice dinner restaurant. This one has none. The pool was clean, warm and my kids had a great time with that. The reception people were pleasant and helpful in directing us to a nice dinner restaurant 4 blks away. Warm pool very clean/ nice..
Response by Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center
We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to rate our hotel based on the experience during your stay. I would like to apologize for the location of your rooms as well. You are a valued guest and we do hope that you will stay with Red Lion Hotels again in the future.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
Jon L.
"Hotel with large rooms and balconies or patios"
We felt this was a good buy and enjoyed our six day stay at this large hotel. The Internet service was always available.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"Interim stay"
We only stayed here from 1 a.m. to 6 a.m. Parking was a bit difficult, room was clean with exception of the shower/bathtub which is very off-putting. Staff friendly.
1 night business trip Jun 9, 2014
"An ok hotel"
Most of the hotels in Yakima are in this area. This is nothing special about this hotel. Seemed like a bunch of buildings that were disjointed together. Ended up parking in what seemed like the alley. Doors enter from outside instead of doors that are enclosed into a hallway. Don't like that for security reasons. Balconies faced each other so had to sit on balcony facing all the other residents. If I ever need to stay in Yakima again, I will try to find a hotel with better security and privacy.
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
Susan K
Sevice in the lounge was terrible.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center
Thank you for providing this valuable feedback so that we can address these areas with our staff. There is no reason, nor is it acceptable, to have a poorly run restaurant and bar. We apologize tremendously for the experiences you encountered during your stay and we hope you will provide us with the opportunity to rectify these issues so that we can have you back and provide you with the superior service deserved! Kind Regards
1 night business trip Jun 9, 2014
"Stay in Yakima"
If it were not for the very unhelpful staff...almost to the point of rude...I would come back to Red Lion. However, I probably will not stay in this hotel again.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
"Nice Hotel close to many conveniences"
Picked this hotel per the reviews. Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable. The tv was a little out of date. Unfortunately there was no complementary breakfast. My overall Score for this hotel is a 3.4. Price was reasonable. Good resturants were close by. Rooms were quiete.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
Softball Family
"close to baseball field"
Room very comfortable. Bed very comfortable. TV reception fuzzy. Breakfast mediocre ...potatoes overcooked, no coffee at time we were there, no breakfast pastries, cantaloupe not ripe and it was the only fruit I saw. Toaster and bread not handily positioned, causing slow down of food line . It was fairly quiet on our side of the building next to the convention center.
1 night trip May 30, 2014
"Pleasant Experiance"
We stayed at the Red Lion Hotel during the busy Memorial Day Weekend. There was also obviously a children's baseball tournimant being accomidated at the hotel. The room was a little late being ready but the Hotel staff were very pleasant and offered to comp us for breakfast. The room was nice and clean. We also brought our old dog who has trouble climbing stairs. The staff ensured that I had a ground level room. It was nice to see all the kids enjoying themselves. It was a very friendly environment.
Other trip May 29, 2014
"Good for a night"
Walking distance to Bob's was good. The rattling AC was an easy fix by putting a shoe on the control cover. The loud vending machine outside the room (which was out of everything) was annoying, as were the thin walls - very loud next door, but I could drown out that nose with the 1986 tub TV. This was probably a nice place 30 years ago, but it's showing its age. It was good for one night, I certainly wouldn't stay there more than that.
1 night trip May 25, 2014
The staff was very nice and rooms were clean aside from the old soup left in our fridge. There was also 3 cars that had their windows broken I the very back parking lot the first night we were there.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center
Thank you for providing this valuable feedback so that we can address these areas with our staff. We apologize tremendously for the experiences you encountered during your stay and we hope you will provide us with the opportunity to rectify these issues so that we can have you back and provide you with the superior service deserved! Kind Regards
2 night business trip May 24, 2014
"Convenient"
The hotel was presentable and clean. We were only in Yakima for one night to visit family and it worked perfectly! When we were checking in the front desk gave us two options, we could check in right away but our room would be right next to a lot of little league players or if we waited a half an hour they would put us on the opposite side. We waited of course! I really appreciated that they gave us that option. Cause I didn't want to hear a bunch of kids running up and down the hall way all night.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Great pools"
Easy right off freeway and right in the heart of Yakima. Love the pools.
Other trip May 24, 2014
"Large rooms w/outside deck"
Easy to walk to wine tasting, resturants & grocery store.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Pleasantly surprised"
I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the updates. Beautiful lobby, rooms and pools. The only reason I didn't give "5's" across the board is because our air conditioning was not putting out enough cool air to be comfortable for sleeping. The front desk sent someone up to look at it and they thought they had it fixed but it needed more attention. We let them know as we checked out and I fully believe that it has been corrected by now. Would most certainly stay again.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"Wine Tasting In Yakima"
We were in town for wine tasting and the location was perfect. Close to wineries and restaurants & freeway. Bed was super comfy. Had a little balcony. Everything was fabulous. Will definitely stay there again.
1 night trip with friends Apr 26, 2014
Gina Dawson
So far so good but we feel lost in the time to found the room.
1 night business trip Apr 26, 2014
Toilet did not flush well, took at least three times. Refrigerator was noisy at night
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
We can't found a remote control for the tv and we need to go upstairs and we not see an elevator .
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"Satisfied"
Very nice, very comfortable. The property inside and out was very pleasant and well cared for. Staff was very friendly and helpful where appropriate yet respectful of privacy.
2 night trip Apr 3, 2014
PJ
"Clean and pleasant"
Breakfast was not included, but was worth purchasing for about $6. All-you-can-eat BACON, coffee, eggs, sausage, etc. Not amazing, but good. They have a small gym with free weights and a couple of treadmills. Not much, but better than nothing. Clean and in good condition. Room service did not replace the coffee in my room and I found some weird crumbs on the ground that looked like dog food.
Other trip Apr 5, 2014
aelephant
"the hotel was close to ball fields"
hotel staff was very helpful...rooms could have smelled a little more pleasant
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
"The hotel is okay and the workout room was great,"
It was overall an okay hotel, they seem understaffed and the wait to be checked in our out was longer than other hotels. The personnel were okay but not inviting.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"One of the nicer places to stay in Yakima."
The staf are very friendly and helpful, and the hotel is clean and in good condition, although a bit dated.
"Was a bad hotel room"
Toilet was not clean a black ring was around the toilet bowel inside. The room I saw online showed a flat screen tv but once check into the room no flat screen but a old beat up room. I was very disappoint. My wife reserved the room for me. She was very upset because what you showed On line is not what we got. Pay for $100.00 room bit got a $45.00 room. Now ask yourself would you be mad?
Response by Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center
Thank you for your candid comments. Please accept my sincere apology for the condition of your room. I will pass your comments onto my housekeeping team so we can ensure we have proper cleaned rooms for our guests. I certainly hope you will give us another try in the future should your travels bring you back to Yakima.
Romald
"Good room"
Good
1 night business trip Mar 26, 2014
Thom H.
"Left in the cold with no WI-FI"
Stayed in Room 131, which is in the back. First night, slept in the cold with no heater working. Wi-Fi only works if your staying towards the front of the hotel. 2nd night stay, slightly warmer do to the space heater the maintanance guy left for us.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center
Please accept my apologies for the service you received during your stay. We have fixed the internet problem you encountered during your stay. We had to re-set the system. We have a older central heating and cooling system and we try to manage the system to have modertate heat and cooling to meet most guests needs. I have reviewed your concerns with my engineering team and they will inspect your room to ensure the system is working correctly. I hope you will give us another try if your travels bring you back to Yakima Best regards Jim
Other trip Mar 27, 2014
Norm
"a few gripes"
One bed was really good; the other seemed broken down a bit on one side.The toilet had not been properly cleaned under the seat. Everything else fine, especially the excellent breakfast!
1 night trip Mar 21, 2014
"Not what I expected"
Having never stayed at a Red Lion Hotel before, I booked the room based on its reputation for quality. The section of the hotel we stayed in was older and looked like it had been given a cosmetic cover-up when it really needs a face lift. The beds were comfortable and the towels thick, so that was a plus. There is as microwave and small refrigerator in the room but these were crammed in the corner in what looked like an effort to modernize the room to today's expectation. The restaurant/lounge in hotel was very good, and we enjoyed dinner there the two nights we stayed at the hotel. Our stay was okay, nothing special and next time I'm in Yakima, I will try a different hotel.
Other trip Mar 22, 2014
"Decent stay for Yakima"
This worked just fine for our last minute night in Yakima for a State basketball tournament. It's an older hotel that they keep as clean and nice as they can. Other than a bit of a tired shower/bathroom and a kind of moldy shower mat, it was perfectly fine for the money. The breakfast buffet got us loaded with calories for the trip back over the mountains.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center
Thank you for your comments. I will follow up with our housekeeping staff regarding your notes about the bathroom. I am glad that you found the rest of the hotel clean and that you enjoyed our breakfast. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Yakima
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
Todd
"Having a Bar and eating facilities is very nice."
The breakfast staff were very nice, food was good. The bartenders are very good, made us feel at home.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center
Thank you for your candid comments. I am glad you found our staff helpful. I will pass this along to our associates.
Other trip Mar 1, 2014
"Red Lion recommended"
Staff was superb!. Everyone was so helpful and friendly. I stayed there during my mother's funeral. The hotel was quiet, clean and the staff very comforting, friendly and courteous.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center
Thank you for your kind comments. I will pass them along to our entire staff at our hotel.
Other trip Jan 15, 2014
"Easy to find if people are meeting you"
The room was comfortable and clean. I only have two things that could have been better. The refrigerator ran constantly. I checked the door, and tried putting some water bottles in it to see if that would help, but it just ran the entire time. Not too loud, but a little annoying. I also like the Food Network, and was disappointed to not have it. Again, not a big deal, and probably more the cable company's fault, but I did miss it. Otherwise, it was a good room.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center
Thank you for your comments. It is through comments like yours that help us evaluate our currents services and helps us make improvements as needed. I will have our engineering department look at the refrigerator to ensure it is working correctly. If not we will replace it. Thanks again and we look forward to having you as our guests again in the future. Happy Holidays
2 night business trip Dec 13, 2013
"Could be improved"
The hotel is okay but could be improved. It seems they know they have a prime location next to the convention center and only do enough to keep it acceptable. For instance, the breakfast buffet menu could be greatly improved with waffles, yogurt, etc. and one of the pools could be made into an indoor pool for year round use with a hot tub added.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center
Thank you for your sincere comments. I will review our current breakfast offerings and see if we can add some addtional items. The hotel currently follows our company standards for the breakfast buffet. The hotel along with our corporate office is reviewing plans to add a jacuzzi within the next few years.
1 night business trip Nov 10, 2013
"Business Trip"
Located conveniently for the conference center next door.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center
Thank you for your comments. Glad you found our location convenient for your travels.
1 night trip Oct 25, 2013
M L
"Red Lion Yakima"
Dated. HVAC wouldn't cool room, regardless of setting.,, At 4 a.m. I opened doors (which face outside) to let in enough cool air in to sleep. Old tube TV. ... poor picture on some channels. No fan in bathroom ... window opens just a crack.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center
Thank you for your candid comments. I will ask our engineering crew to review the concern with our HVAC unit. You are correct the bathroom does not have a fan. We have the windows that have a security lock that keeps them from opening wide. The hotel plans to have a new television in place by the first or second quarter in 2014 which includes new microwaves and refrigerators. We are looking forward to the new televsion pacakge.
Other trip Oct 27, 2013
Big Kahuna
"Dirty Room"
Cobwebs on ceiling, a bare patch of carpet along side the bed, dirty shower/tub bottom, room is in general disrepair, door would not lock without key when leaving (required inserting room key to latch door).
Response by Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center
I certainly appreciate your sincere comments. I will review your comments with my housekeeping and engineering staff. We value your comments and want our guest to have a clean comfortable stay. Our staff conducts preventative room mainatenance on our guests rooms at least three times per year. We should have caught this during this time and I will ask our staff do conduct a more thorough review when cleaning our guest rooms. Thank you
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
"What started out Bad was soon corrected."
I had made reservations through Expedia,and since we had two large dogs and even though Expedia has a site for pet friendly Hotels they have no were to add the pets on the reservations. I have showed up at a pet friendly hotel before to find they don't accept pets. So I called to make sure before arriving . I also at that time added an extra day for the family funeral. I did this through the front desk not Expedia. I was assured that it would not be a problem even though I payed more. I wanted to NOT have to check out and Check back in and I was told "No Problem" When we arrived however the desk person that was there would not honor that pledge. I spent 15 minutes at the front desk while my family with dogs waited out in the car. I complained to the District Manager the next morning about a desk supervisor that I was told it had to be. After meeting with this person I found it wasn't her at all and apologized . With the help of the staff, and The Manager and myself we found out who it was she walked right infront of me . She was part of the maintanice staff and was covering for a desk person that had left their post. That was the bad. The Good is simple The rest of the staff especially the ladies in the bar and a technician named Mike made our visit fantastic. Mike left doggie cookies on the rail out side our room several times our dags were very spoiled as usual . The supervisor in the Bar Stacey Soto and her crew of two other young ladies made our trip.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center
Thank you for your comments. your sincere comments will help us evaluate our currrent service levels and help us make improvements as needed to avoid similiar situations in the future. I certainly hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future at our locations of other Red Lion Hotels. Sincerely Jim
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
Raymond
"great location"
there was a great room but don't get surprised when you get charged for breakfast it 6 dollars each person and they only offer burn bacon, potatoes that are old, imitation eggs, toast, cereal.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center
I certainly apprecaite your candid comments. I will share your comments with our Chef so we can provide a better qualtiy breakfast for our guests. I certaily hope you will allow us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future. Thank you Jim
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
barb
"Amazing beds, great location"
Comfortable rooms. Close to freeways and downtown area. Beds were very nice, TV was very outdated
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
J
"Very nice"
I booked this to go to the HopUnion hop and brew school conference. Room was very nice and hotel was better than I thought it would be for the price! Overall a very nice stay.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center
Thank you for your comments. Gald you found our accommodations was a good value for the price and you paid. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to another brew school in 2014.
3 night business trip Sep 11, 2013
We just needed an overnight on our way through Washington and this was perfect. Easy to find, clean rooms and friendly staff. I would recommend this hotel to others
1 night trip Sep 14, 2013
Dani
"WA wine country"
Staff was very pleasant and helpful. Good value for the money.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2013
"Middle of the night check-in"
We were hours late checking in, we were a little rambunctious, and staff was still very friendly and helpful. Dog friendly- we got dog and cat goody bags, and we will stay there again.
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
"The facilites seemed adequate."
We arrived on Labor Day. The restaurant was closed, thus no room service. There couldn't jave been more than 10 rooms occupied. Lots of room in the pool
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"Not worth the price"
We switched rooms twice finally settling for a room that 'would due'. The privacy was horrible. The rooms were dark but if you opened the blinds it was like you were in a 'fish bowl'. Our first room had a window view of everyone walking up and down the stairwell. Literally, these people were 3-4 feet away! And our second room had a view of passer-bys loitering outside of artco gas station. We are not picky people, but this was our first weekend away with out our son and thought we would 'splurge' for a hotel over $125- we just wanted our room to reflect that. Instead, we were disappointed! Also, the room smelled of stale cigarette smoke.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Yakima Center
Thank you for your candid comments. We have 156 guest rooms and yes some rooms are in better locations than others. We have some pool side which are in high demand during the summer. We may have been farily full thus having to place some guest in other areas of hotel. We try to use the nicer rooms first to help ensure guests have a pleasant stay. Many guests know our hotel and ask for certain rooms. This helps when hotel is running full. I will share your comments with our staff so we can help find solutions to avoid similiar situations in the future if possible.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"Old place but in good shape"
We enjoyed the facility. It is like a time capsule from the 70s.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"Dark and dirty, glad I only stayed 1 night."
Dimly lit, musty hallways add to the outdated feel of the entire facility. Carpets feel squishy. No towels available poolside, despite asking front desk (we waited more than a half-hour before giving up). Apparently the breakfast isn't complimentary with online bookings - swiping your credit card on check-in makes it easier for them to nickle and dime you. Rough neighborhood; while checking out, police were taking a report for GPS stolen from car in parking lot overnight.
1 night family trip Aug 31, 2013
"passing thru"
Older building and it shows, not in an ugly way through. good location, clean, and friendly staff. Nice outdoor pool area....main reason for picking this over others ..."outdoor" pool. Sadly, no hot tub though.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2013